Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Preview: Meet The Couples

• Start Topic

I hate it when people say they went searching abroad because "family is important in X culture." Like we just push out the babies and sit bowls of food and water down for them before going on our merry way. It's like in My 600lb Life when people say they're overweight because "In my culture, food is important." Like it's not anywhere else? We are literally the land of Golden Corral and have a holiday that's based around a turkey the size of a toddler and 150 different kinds of casseroles. I'm from Appalachia where it's not uncommon to have two kinds of meat AND two kinds of potatoes for breakfast. It's become code for "I'm not good looking, filled with personality, nor rich so I had to go to another country where it would be easier to lie to meet some impoverished nice girl and bring her home."

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I hate it when people say they went searching abroad because "family is important in X culture." Like we just push out the babies and sit bowls of food and water down for them before going on our merry way. 

You didn't push your young outside the door!?!??! LOL. Kidding

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2020 at 12:20 PM, OoogleEyes said:

Just as long as we don't have to listen to Grangela's bellowing bullying 

she and lisa rinna thiink everything they is so funny except no one is laughing but those two!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2020 at 5:19 PM, mamadrama said:

I hate it when people say they went searching abroad because "family is important in X culture." Like we just push out the babies and sit bowls of food and water down for them before going on our merry way. It's like in My 600lb Life when people say they're overweight because "In my culture, food is important." Like it's not anywhere else? We are literally the land of Golden Corral and have a holiday that's based around a turkey the size of a toddler and 150 different kinds of casseroles. I'm from Appalachia where it's not uncommon to have two kinds of meat AND two kinds of potatoes for breakfast. It's become code for "I'm not good looking, filled with personality, nor rich so I had to go to another country where it would be easier to lie to meet some impoverished nice girl and bring her home."

Okay, major yum.  

These people.....no one in AMERICA will date you so you must prowl upon a financially vulnerable foreigner.  And I am in the front row, watching every minute of it.

As for "family is important" - yes it is important, I would like to think, in ALL cultures.  What many of these Americans DON'T sign up for is:  Family means supporting FINANCIALLY too, as we have seen with these shows.  "Oh wait, I love how you love your folks but now we can't get married without their approval?  We need to send money home to them?  Monthly?  We need to buy them a pig?"  WHAAAAAT?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Why, why, why would a scrawny guy probably making about $12 per hour living with his parents in the middle of nowhere think the attractive Russian would be content to stay on the farm milking cows?  
He fooled her with a trip to Paris, a trip to Iceland.   When reality sets on she’s out of there.  

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Why, why, why would a scrawny guy probably making about $12 per hour living with his parents in the middle of nowhere think the attractive Russian would be content to stay on the farm milking cows?  
He fooled her with a trip to Paris, a trip to Iceland.   When reality sets on she’s out of there.  

He works in pesticide and that can be good money. We pay $100-300 every time we have to call one out. 

Still, though, you're right about the trips he plied her with. There are plenty of women, even attractive Russian women, who like the country life and would enjoy living there on the farm with him. This woman, however, who enjoys traveling and go go dancing doesn't seem like one of those women. It's like Anfisa and Jorge. He lured her in with visions of riches and international trips, but once she got to CA all of that stopped. He should've stuck with FarmersOnly.com 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 11/18/2020 at 2:32 AM, Kareem said:

Wow. Natalie bringing her usual drama, Hazel looking for a girlfriend, Syngin Jr., conflicted farm boy, blondie with a boozer..  What a collection.  

Why did I think at the end of their season both these couples were not together. He didn’t ever mention her on pillow talk did he? I’m confused. 
I am amazed that Rebecca and Zaid are still together ( maybe she didn’t want to get rid of all those pictures and coffee mugs with his face on them .  At least she doesn’t have to sit in front of the halo thing that makes you look 20 years younger any longer.

The other  27 year old demanding watches is a real charmer. . 
I am on board for all the shenanigans.  

• Love 3

Brandon and Julia: I agree with @mamadrama. He really piled it on with the fancy trips which is not showing her how life is really like. It's too bad her visa to come visit the States was denied as she would have seen reality. What I did like was the fact that the families have met which makes it easier in one way.  

Hazel and Tarik: First the first official gay couple and now a thruple! 

Mike and Natalie: US weekly has them both as 35. Meanwhile TLC has him as younger than her. 

Yara and (Not Bon) Jovi: I hate his gummy toothy smile. It's smarmy.  And even after 7 seasons and going into our 8th, TLC wants us to believe the 90 days are a decision making time to marry or not when we know that it's basically to plan the ceremony.

Rebecca and Zied.: holy cow Zied lost some weight, got a great haircut and looks hot! Me thinks that Rebecca is a stepping stone like hubby #3(?) and as soon as Zied gets that green card it will be hasta la vista baby! and Rebecca will be back trolling online for another man with her rings of sexy fire.  @Angry Moldovan get ready as you're baby will probably be very single in a year or two.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Brandon and Julia: I agree with @mamadrama. He really piled it on with the fancy trips which is not showing her how life is really like. It's too bad her visa to come visit the States was denied as she would have seen reality. What I did like was the fact that the families have met which makes it easier in one way.  

Mike and Natalie: US weekly has them both as 35. Meanwhile TLC has him as younger than her. 

Yara and (Not Bon) Jovi: I hate his gummy toothy smile. It's smarmy.  And even after 7 seasons and going into our 8th, TLC wants us to believe the 90 days are a decision making time to marry or not when we know that it's basically to plan the ceremony.

Rebecca and Zied.: holy cow Zied lost some weight, got a great haircut and looks hot! Me thinks that Rebecca is a stepping stone like hubby #3(?) and as soon as Zied gets that green card it will be hasta la vista baby! and Rebecca will be back trolling online for another man with her rings of sexy fire.  @Angry Moldovan get ready as you're baby will probably be very single in a year or two.

He can only ever be eye candy, but such beautiful, sexy eye candy...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Plus she’ll only be here for two weeks then he’ll leave for work for a month. Kind of like Tania going to witch doctor camp and leaving Syngin on his own in a new country.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Wonder what kind of titles we can get for Not Bon (Jovi): Livin' on a Prayer, Slippery When Wet, You Give Love A Bad Name, Bad Medicine....

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 11/12/2020 at 5:21 PM, Leilani said:

I forgot about Natalie and how she sounds like her mouth is stuffed full of cotton when she speaks.

I can't stand her or to hear her talk.  My FF button's going to be getting a serious workout.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, readheaded said:

I can't stand her or to hear her talk.  My FF button's going to be getting a serious workout.

IKR....I am seriously surprised they bought these two back. Her locked jaw and general immaturity are not appealing.  I hope Mike wears some protection.  I would hate to see him get a life sentence of lock jaw and her spawn.  Candidly, we are going to watch tonight but that may be it.  Rebecca and Ziad I can take, but a thruple and Ms. Lockjaw in addition to new people that look immediately annoying....I just don't know.  

PS - if you ran into one of these folks whilst out shopping....what would you say?  (Rebecca clearly works very close to me, I know Woodstock GA isn't that far, but when they showed where she works, it is in an area that I frequent.) I mean I don't need her autograph, but I would at least want to acknowledge her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

PS - if you ran into one of these folks whilst out shopping....what would you say?  (Rebecca clearly works very close to me, I know Woodstock GA isn't that far, but when they showed where she works, it is in an area that I frequent.) I mean I don't need her autograph, but I would at least want to acknowledge her.

If I ran into Rebecca, I’d ask her where she buys her ring lamps.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

I didn't realize Natalie was 11 years older than Alien Boy. I would go insane having to hear her talk for a whole day. For Mike's sake, I hope this couple fails.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, Malvina said:

From last week’s promo during HEA Strikes Back!

9C260B1C-FC54-428F-A632-68DF5BC7B247.jpeg

That's GOT to be wrong, right?  I thought Mike was 34, just a year younger than crazy Nat.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, AZChristian said:

I wouldn't mind doing 73 over . . . without a pandemic.

I think that's the new rule.  Nothing in 2020 counts.  Welcome to 73, AZCHRISTIAN!

• LOL 2
On 12/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, greekmom said:

I'm really worried about Rebecca, she of the frequent lip biting. Damnit, she KNOWS her relationship with Zied is a repeat of marriage #3, and she acts like it's inevitable that she'll be taken advantage of and left for parts unknown a'la Mohammed, also from Tunisia. In fact, Rebecca is revealing many of Danielle's insecurities and maybe some desperation. It'll be fun to watch how this couple plays out. 

On 12/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, Opine said:

IKR....I am seriously surprised they bought these two back. Her locked jaw and general immaturity are not appealing.  I hope Mike wears some protection.  I would hate to see him get a life sentence of lock jaw and her spawn.  Candidly, we are going to watch tonight but that may be it.  Rebecca and Ziad I can take, but a thruple and Ms. Lockjaw in addition to new people that look immediately annoying....I just don't know.  

@Opine, please don't leave us, just use the ff button generously. I think the Rebecca & Zied story is going to be a hoot! Yes, I think you should at least acknowledge Rebecca by saying something like "I enjoy 90-day fiance."  I saw one of the early Project Runway men at the local Kinko's; he nicely held the door for me, and I regret not saying anything to him. I can't remember his name; he's an Oklahoman who specialized in prom and other fancy gowns. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Yes, I think you should at least acknowledge Rebecca by saying something like "I enjoy 90-day fiance."  I saw one of the early Project Runway men at the local Kinko's; he nicely held the door for me, and I regret not saying anything to him. I can't remember his name; he's an Oklahoman who specialized in prom and other fancy gowns. 

Was it Kayne?  I LOVED his stuff.

• Love 1