Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: A Family Divided

• Start Topic

Yeah, but it was more by accident.  I had seen bits of other eps in the first season.   I really cannot stand the parents.  I don't know who the dude is with the great abs and pecs except that he has escaped.  They mentioned in the promo for the next ep that they were moving to the town;  I liked where they were.  They seem to be letting Mariah have some freedom;   like Ma and Pa Dugger she has now seen the Castro District. and she  is planning to live with the grandparents.  I am guessing grandparents aren't as strict as the parents.  I guess Ma Plath rules;  from the way he talks I can't see Pa  letting anyone of Plath-tation/  I have no idea how this show ranks in the ratings.

3 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I think I watched Season 2, episode 1 last night. Anyone else?

I know when I looked at the description last night it gave Nov 3 as original air date, and I am almost 100 per cent sure that it said season 2 ep 1.  That being said,  I have glanced at the posts from the first season, and it appears to have just been scenes hobbled together from season `1 or else just a recycled episode with a new number.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think last nights 'episode" was cobbled together with some talking heads from the Plaths. It was a look at each persons life and where they are now kind of thing or at least that is what I got from the middle son, he's 19 and a model.

1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Yeah, but it was more by accident.  I had seen bits of other eps in the first season.   I really cannot stand the parents.  I don't know who the dude is with the great abs and pecs except that he has escaped. 

That's Micah the middle son, he's 19 and a model, he is seen in the previews asking why he wasn't prepared better for "real life". 

• Useful 1

I DVR'ed it last night and watched it this morning while getting ready to go to work.  I wasn't ready to watch the news, so this was a nice escape. I had forgotten some of it so it was good to review.  I did wonder why they didn't interview Lydia because it seems to me she is the one that is going to keep in following her parents while the older ones are breaking free.  I guess maybe they consider her too young.  

Edited by Lisa418722

I really like this show and am happy for a second season !  I don't care for the daughter in law!  She takes great pleasure in breaking all the ways the Plates want to raise their family.

She could hardly hide her glee at arranging the surprise birthday party and the news the young girl was leaving her family to live with grandparents!  Which makes me wonder why grandparents didn't mention it to the parents???

What happened to the older married daughter?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1

The oldest daughter, Hosanna, is married and lives in Ohio. She just had her first baby. I assume she chose not to be filmed, but she falls on the fundie side of the ledger. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Added hosanna's name
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, Jeanne222 said:

She could hardly hide her glee at arranging the surprise birthday party and the news the young girl was leaving her family to live with grandparents!  Which makes me wonder why grandparents didn't mention it to the parents???

Of course the parents and grandparents already knew....but that doesn’t spark drama on a scripted show.  Olivia was very open on her social media about what actually went on during and after season 1. The parents are truly terrible people, they cannot handle their grown kids becoming adults and making normal adult choices, like what church to attend, what they want to eat and even what type of toothpaste to use - yes, Kim actually criticized Olivia for her toothpaste choice.  They refused to attend the wedding if any alcohol was serves...which is legal and even in Christian weddings, quite normal.  They’ve tried to control their adult kids like they control their young kids when it’s far past time to let go and trust you raised them well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I don’t care for Olivia and wouldn’t believe anything she has to say.   She is not a kind and loving daughter in law. She’s a troublemaker in that family. 
Each family has the right to parent in their own way. Religion, schooling, food choices are all parents raising children decisions. 
I can’t get over the look of glee in Olivias face when the daughter told her mother she would be leaving.   Nasty and hateful. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don’t care for Olivia and wouldn’t believe anything she has to say.   She is not a kind and loving daughter in law. She’s a troublemaker in that family. 
Each family has the right to parent in their own way. Religion, schooling, food choices are all parents raising children decisions. 
I can’t get over the look of glee in Olivias face when the daughter told her mother she would be leaving.   Nasty and hateful. 

I agree with you about the spitefulness Olivia evinces, but other posters have pointed out that the whole "moving to <wherever it was I can't even remember>" kerfuffle was phony, that everyone knew about it, blah blah blah, but still Olivia looked like a real snot.

Parents should have pretty much total control over the influences their children experience for as long as it makes sense, but it seems like the Plaths talk a good game about retaining that control long after it doesn't make sense while giving in on every front on things that actually don't make sense but they say are important.  It's hard to control what teenager girls wear in public, and most parents would imo flatly tell the Plath girls that the cut-offs are not appropriate for being out in the world and forbid their wearing them.  The Plath girls wear lots of makeup, which you'd think would seem too "worldly" for their family--and where did they learn about it, in their sheltered lives?--but it's apparently not a problem.

IOW none of this damn show makes any sense to me.  I think a show about the tension between the parents and the children wanting to break free of their constraints might be fun to watch, but this isn't it.

Even though it happened quite a while ago, I don't know how Kim can even get out of bed in the morning.  Losing a child is bad enough, but to know that you were the one who killed him.  I just cannot even imagine it.

• Love 2

That is a terrible burden Kim will carry with her the rest of her life.  She gets out of bed because she has nine children and a husband that count on her. 
My dear mother in law used to say ‘God favors the shoven lamb’.  Perhaps he’s helping her along with her loss. 

• Love 1

I cannot STAND the parents, and what they are doing with their children is horrible.  I am so glad to see the older ones breaking free, hopefully the younger ones will see that there is a different way to live.  It broke my heart to hear the older son talk about how he never had any friends growing up (siblings are friends, yes, but you need friends outside the family).  I am cheering all of the kids on !  There is life beyond the ville of Plath my dear white haired children.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Xena said:

I cannot STAND the parents, and what they are doing with their children is horrible.  I am so glad to see the older ones breaking free, hopefully the younger ones will see that there is a different way to live.  It broke my heart to hear the older son talk about how he never had any friends growing up (siblings are friends, yes, but you need friends outside the family).  I am cheering all of the kids on !  There is life beyond the ville of Plath my dear white haired children.

I couldn't believe Kim said that Hosanna didn't have any reason to go to college, even after she'd earned scholarships.  I understand that not everyone needs to go to college, but at the same time, it's probably a good idea for everyone (even women!) to have a concrete way to support themselves.  Even if Hosanna never actively used her degree, she'd at least have the experience of earning her degree and know she'd be able to take care of herself, if necessary.

• Love 13
On 11/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mothra said:

none of this damn show makes any sense to me. 

I can't figure it out either.  I like their new house as it resembles one about a mile from me that I would like to buy, but the reason for the move falls flat.  They bought it as investment property, but Kim likes it too much to rent it so she moves into it.  For heaven's sake, they were living in a rural or quasi-rural area where we saw the kids riding horses and swimming in their pond/lake.  It seems like a great place to raise kids that you are trying to keep unspotted by the world.   It does seem that there is a decent amount of yard at the new house for the kids, but I wonder if they will be allowed off the property.  If I were one of their younger kids, I would want a bike to ride all over the neighborhood--especially if I had to give up my horse. 

Are they in town just to stalk Olivia and Ethan?  And I was surprised Micah had made enough money to rent a house and buy a nice car, but maybe he is also getting paid by TLC.  

I find the parents confusing so maybe the kids do, too.   The older girls generously use make-up, and Mariah's shorts are shorter than many mainstream parents would permit.

I am generally a supporter of home schooling, because the parents I know do such a superb job.  (My SIL was home schooled, and he has a PhD now and is university professor.)  I guess the parents are willing to admit they dropped the ball for the older kids, but they will now ride herd on the younger ones. 

Here are requirements for a home school diploma in Georgia.   https://ghea.org/coursework-and-credits/

I have relatives in Tallahassee and Thomasville, Ga, and we have driven through Cairo on a few occasions.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I just don't know what to think about last nights show.  What a mess.  I think the whole family needs an intervention and some therapy!

I think these guys saw the Duggars and decided well, let's go for it.  We're better looking and less repellent in the area of religion and politics (or at least are better at concealment).  Our girls are much sexier than the Duggar girls, but we disapprove of that, so we have to throw them out yet still live close enough to be able to make everybody's (including our own) lives miserable.

I think this was a business plan concocted by Mrs. Plath--who frankly scares the shit out of me.  She revealed a horrible story about running over and killing one of her children, for which she must have received lots of psychotherapy (I certainly hope she did), but she shows absolutely no insight into her relationships with the rest of her family.  Killing, even accidentally, one of your children is not a small thing.  Maybe she wants to be controlling to keep the rest of them safe, and yet she seems more than ready to throw them out over minor threats and yet is blind to larger, more obvious threats to their safety.

Maybe this fact, that she was responsible--accidentally--for the death of one of their children was what drew TLC to this family, but they seem to be doing very little with what I think could be a fascinating story line.  I'd genuinely like to know how this mother, this father, and the other children deal with this terrible trauma to their family.  What were they like before?  How have they changed?  Again, a doctoral thesis awaits writing.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Twopper said:

I can't figure it out either.  I like their new house as it resembles one about a mile from me that I would like to buy, but the reason for the move falls flat.  They bought it as investment property, but Kim likes it too much to rent it so she moves into it.  For heaven's sake, they were living in a rural or quasi-rural area where we saw the kids riding horses and swimming in their pond/lake.  It seems like a great place to raise kids that you are trying to keep unspotted by the world.   It does seem that there is a decent amount of yard at the new house for the kids, but I wonder if they will be allowed off the property.  If I were one of their younger kids, I would want a bike to ride all over the neighborhood--especially if I had to give up my horse. 

Are they in town just to stalk Olivia and Ethan?  And I was surprised Micah had made enough money to rent a house and buy a nice car, but maybe he is also getting paid by TLC.  

I find the parents confusing so maybe the kids do, too.   The older girls generously use make-up, and Mariah's shorts are shorter than many mainstream parents would permit.

I am generally a supporter of home schooling, because the parents I know do such a superb job.  (My SIL was home schooled, and he has a PhD now and is university professor.)  I guess the parents are willing to admit they dropped the ball for the older kids, but they will now ride herd on the younger ones. 

Here are requirements for a home school diploma in Georgia.   https://ghea.org/coursework-and-credits/

I have relatives in Tallahassee and Thomasville, Ga, and we have driven through Cairo on a few occasions.

but at the same time, while the two older ones may've passed the 12th grade test, they did NOT earn a GED which they must now go off and do independently.  That takes a whole lot of time and maybe money.

I don't know if the two of them can just sit for the test and attempt to pass it (especially if they passed the 12th grade test).  But if they don't pass it, they're in for a long haul.

All the kids are probably going to abandon the parents' way of doing things, other than possibly Lydia.  Those parents will have no relationships with their kids unless they end their rigidity that only their way is the right way.  And this falls primarily on Kim.  It could be out of guilt over the loss of Joshua and I feel awful for her because of that.  At the same time, keeping an unrelenting grasp on your children never works in any scenario and only leads to resentment.

That Kim has spies on her two older children is scary and inappropriate.  Those kids won't have a chance, as long as they live in the area.  They almost have to do as Hosanna has done and move to the other side of the country.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Moriah really likes to throw it in her parents face. That outfit was too much. That shows her immaturity. I'm glad she's living away but she has a lot of growing to do.

Her 'growing up' is going to be incredibly complicated because of her upbringing - her parents did her no favors.  She is behind her peers in every conceivable way.   I have no problem if she is dressing that way just to throw it in their face - the parents need to understand (quickly, because they still have young children) that their isolation of their offspring is damaging.  

• Like 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, b2H said:

That Kim has spies on her two older children is scary and inappropriate.  Those kids won't have a chance, as long as they live in the area.

Those two kids are just learning about social media.  Because their mother was such a smarty--letting them know she has friends who report on everything they post, they will just learn to be smarter about that ... aka sneakier.  That's what intolerant parents create.

2 hours ago, b2H said:

but at the same time, while the two older ones may've passed the 12th grade test,

P.S.  They passed their's mother's "12th grade test."  Who knows if there's any state-sanctioning.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Moriah really likes to throw it in her parents face. That outfit was too much. That shows her immaturity. I'm glad she's living away but she has a lot of growing to do.

I'm not sure the outfit was selected for her parents' benefit; she seems to dress that way most of the time.  It shows both "immaturity" and lack of education...education that should have been presented by BOTH parents and included some real world experiences and expectations--which would include hanging with kids her age, seeing how they dress (and the reactions thereto).  Moriah will have some unnecessarily difficult experiences... and I blame Kim.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 6
On 11/8/2020 at 7:45 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I completely disagree.  How can ANYONE be a kind and loving in-law to Kim?  It's Kim's way or No Way.

Kim has raised and is raising children who will not be able to compete or cope in "real America."  Unless her children stay in her home and remain in her exacting religion, they will be in trouble.  I'm amazed that Olivia has the strength, good heart, and fortitude to live with the darling Ethan.  It's like watching someone from another planet come to Earth.  He has to be taught everything: Coke!  Toothpaste!  Desserts!  She must have a good maternal instinct.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 19

All you need to know about the parents is that they left their "little piece of heaven" so they could stalk both their older son and his wife who told said parents that they don't want any contact with them at all AND the two younger kids who they straight up kicked out of the house. Deep down the mother especially still wants control, and I'm sure she's deeply angry that she can't use the young children to manipulate the older ones into toeing the line and behaving anymore. I find it very interesting that pretty much all of their older kids have heavily deviated from their "lifestyle", but someone else pointed out that the brainwashing was probably less effective because religion doesn't factor into it nearly as heavily as it does in other Fundie families. I imagine that only the 15-year-old is even contemplating sticking with this way of life once they reach 18.

• Love 12
On 11/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, b2H said:

That Kim has spies on her two older children is scary and inappropriate.

Kim seemed so proud of herself.  She really did just want them to think that they would never be able to hide anything from her.  The shock and horror on their faces was very telling.  What did she think she was going to accomplish by doing that?  She always seems so genuinely confused that her kids don't appreciate everything she's done for them, but all she did at that moment was further drive a wedge between them.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I completely disagree.  How can ANYONE be a kind and loving in-law to Kim?  It's Kim's way or No Way.

Kim has and is raising children who will not be able to compete or cope in "real America."  Unless her children stay in her home and remain in her exacting religion, they will be in trouble.  I'm amazed that Olivia has the strength, good heart, and fortitude to live with the darling Ethan.  It's like watching someone from another planet come to Earth.  He has to be taught everything: Coke!  Toothpaste!  Desserts!  She must have a good maternal instinct.

I suspect many people are comparing this bunch to the Duggars--I hope so, anyway, because I think the similarities between upbringing and possible outcomes seem inevitable to me.

I have always believed (and this isn't original, I'm sure) that the Duggars' insistence on isolating their children from all the things the parents disapproved of (which included much of what children typically experience) led directly to the oldest boy's sexual behavior involving his sisters.  He never had a chance to have friends who were girls; the only girls he knew came with the tension of potential incest.  He never sneaked a kiss when he was five years old; he never played doctor when he was eight.  I don't know why the other boys were not involved in sexual misconduct, too--although something tells me that of course they were--and likewise the girls never got to be comfortable physically with boys who were not their brothers, who were not ordained by god to be their superiors.

I went to an all-female college from a co-ed high school.  A lot of the girls I went to college with knew nothing about boys and tended to go hog-wild on mixer weekends.  They never had boys who were friends, and many of them tended to become deeply involved with the first boy they kissed.  The Plath kids are in much the same situation, and it's a big mistake the parents are making.  If I heard right, they don't even get together with other home-schooling families for sports or outings--do they go on outings?

I think the Plath kids are in trouble not just in taking care of themselves economically--I truly fear for their sexual safety, especially the girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I felt so sorry for the 14 year old boy saying he is not allowed to ever have a friend. How lonely and sad. The parents seem to want to stunt their children in every way; socially, education wise, growing up. I wonder what the real reason they had for moving.

There is also a fake element here. The mother insists the girls wear “fundie” clothes but she herself wears basic middle aged women clothes. They don’t go to church or participate in sports or meet up with other homeschool kids which is very suspicious. What are they hiding? And not letting siblings be together without a parent watching is so over the top controlling. I also think the Plath method of schooling is to print out a few worksheets and expecting the kids to figure it out. Do they ever wonder why their four oldest kids want little to do with them? I really dislike both the parents, the mom rules the roost and the dad sits there with the creepy smirk all the time.

• Love 10

In an episode last year, they were talking about her wedding. Kim said something like (I am paraphrasing), there shouldn't be any alcohol at their wedding or her side wouldn't attend. Olivia and her goofy husband should have said "We will miss you" and done what they wanted. Kim is a total control freak and the majority of her kids are going to bolt.

• Love 7

It’s all strange for sure. I will say the daughter and son visit with the heart on the butt hot pink skin tight pants and the handsome son taking off his clothing for pictures can’t be bridging the gap!

To me all parties seem to be way over the top!

There is no middle ground with either side. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

It’s all strange for sure. I will say the daughter and son visit with the heart on the butt hot pink skin tight pants and the handsome son taking off his clothing for pictures can’t be bridging the gap!

I think part of the problem is that the parents tried to prevent their kids from knowing that tight pants and modeling were things that existed.  They simply tried to make sure their kids didn't even know what sugar was.  If they didn't know it existed, they wouldn't desire it.  If the parents couldn't prevent their kids from learning about these things, they just said, "No!"  "Evil!"

When I see the choices that Micah and Moriah are making, I cringe.  Micah is getting lots of positive attention for his modeling.  Moriah is likely getting lots of positive attention, as well, and, let's face it, those pants are super comfortable.  But neither one of them actually has any experience have a friendship or a relationship.  They are going to make some big mistakes, and it is going to be tough.

Parenting is really hard.  It's hard to see your kids making mistakes when you know better.  But their are some things they have to learn through experience.  Mom simply saying, "That's evil," is not going to do it.

• Love 5

I feel for Micah and Moriah - so sad.  At the end when they were sitting outside with the parents you can clearly see how much pain they are in and how they were so uncomfortable.  I know this is reality TV but in this scene I don’t think they were acting.  

At least they have each other along with Ethan and Olivia to navigate thru life right now.  

• Love 9

Although I believe some of this show is real, I am not so sure about the kids become completely isolated with no contact with the normal world. First they say the kids don’t play video game. Now I need to understand why there was a gaming chair along with three connected monitors in front of it in the bedroom where Issac and Micah were playing music. You don’t have that for anything other than hardcore gaming.

I do believe the kids didn’t know how far behind they were educationally until they got out into the real world. The mom is a piece of work trying to make the kids lack of education their fault because they didn’t do their homework. Parents who intentionally work hard to keep their kids isolated and ignorant don’t accidentally allow their kids to be uneducated. It’s an intentional act to maintain control.

What drives me crazy is that the parents seem to actually have really good kids. The type of kids most people wouldn’t worry about their behavior out in the world. Nothing these kids are doing would bother most parents.  My worry is these kids being so naive that they are taken advantage of out in the real world. 

• Love 11
On 11/12/2020 at 11:25 PM, Back Atcha said:

Yeah, what's he afraid of?   Does Kim have something he doesn't want publicized?

I think after she accidentally ran over their child and went into a totally understandable depression, he is a bit afraid of her mental state.   Maybe he thinks if he questions or blames her for anything, she will feel that he also blames her for the accident even if he doesn't.  That's all I can figure. He doesn't seem to be  very patriarchal.  In fact, Kim seems to be the one running the show.  I find both of them creepy.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, missnoa said:

I find it very interesting that pretty much all of their older kids have heavily deviated from their "lifestyle", but someone else pointed out that the brainwashing was probably less effective because religion doesn't factor into it nearly as heavily as it does in other Fundie families. I imagine that only the 15-year-old is even contemplating sticking with this way of life once they reach 18.

So we have Lydia in her cedar-lined prayer closet like the movie "War Room." (I think that was the title)  She is the only one of the older ones that seems to be adhering to how she was brought up.  I haven't seen all the episodes so maybe I have missed it, but I have no idea what church they are associated with.  Except for the prayer closet and Lydia going on walks to pray, the rest of the family seems a lot less religious than the Duggars. 

• Love 3

Agree that even though I get this is scripted reality, there is some truth to Micah and Moriah's anger at parents. Wouldn't you want to expose your kids to the dangers/vices of the world when they were young enough so you, as parents, could have some influence/guidance about these things? Not much worse than a naive unwordly 18 year old navigating the world. 

• Love 2

Two observations that I made during this episode: Micah looks exactly like Kim, and Moriah dresses exactly like every preacher’s daughter or girl who grew up in a strict religious family that I went to school with. They were in the girls bathroom first thing every morning, plastering on the make-up and changing into their Kelly Bundy-wear.

Kim ran over and killed one of her own children. She herself admitted that she was a mess afterwards for quite sometime. I highly doubt she was the dedicated Anne Sullivan school marm she’s portraying herself to be. All the older children have said their education was inadequate. Ethan said he had no friends his own age which made him incredibly immature. But Kim’s greatest fear of having the older children visit the younger ones unsupervised is that they’ll teach them “bitterness” towards her and her husband.

• Love 4
On 11/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

The oldest daughter, Hosanna, is married and lives in Ohio. She just had her first baby. I assume she chose not to be filmed, but she falls on the fundie side of the ledger. 

Here's a video of Hosanna and her (powerful) husband performing.  Too bad there are no longer 50s-type musicals; he'd be a star!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

They did a good job.  Not my favorite hymn but well done. 

This hymn is, "Down from His Glory," adapted from an old Italian song (not a hymn), O Solo Mio.

O Solo Mio begat There's No Tomorrow begat It's Now or Never.   From Italy to Presley....

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I didn't think Moriah's outfit was bad.  It was loud in terms of color and pattern but from the standpoint of style it wasn't different from the yoga outfits / athleisure that a lot of girls wear and post pictures of themselves wearing.  I thought she looked cute.

• Love 4
On 11/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, the-grey-lady said:

If the world's drabbest color came to life and started issuing edicts about immoral behavior, the resulting person would look a lot like the senior Plaths.

With a BIG splash of shiny peachy/pink Mommy lips to "brighten" their weird little world.  Epitome of incongruity.

Edited by Back Atcha
added "Mommy"
  • Love 2

I fear for Micah in the real world of modeling.  He is so naive and innocent and while it seems he has grown up a bit he is still incredibly immature and the perfect target to be taken advantage of.  In this case, his looks and physique will work against him instead of for him as he's not equipped to live in the world with these things working in his favor.  It's like he was given keys to a Ferrari and has only learned how to ride a tricycle.  Moriah may be equally unprepared for the world but she has somehow managed to develop slightly better street smarts, probably learned by living her life primarily in secret in an oppressive household.  

While the show seems heavily scripted, you can't fake that level of discomfort or silent rage they had towards their parents during that super awkward conversation.  These are kids in desperate need of therapy and some good guidance from someone who can show them the ropes of how to navigate their new lives.  It's al so terribly sad.

• Love 4
On 11/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, GingerSnappy said:

While the show seems heavily scripted, you can't fake that level of discomfort or silent rage they had towards their parents during that super awkward conversation.  These are kids in desperate need of therapy and some good guidance from someone who can show them the ropes of how to navigate their new lives.  It's al so terribly sad.

Moriah and her sister (the one with the prayer closet) need to see a dermatologist.  They are beautiful girls whose skin can be "fixed."  Moriah seems to wear makeup to cover a skin condition. All that no-sugar "natural" living didn't create a great complexion.  She's such a pretty/wholesome-looking girl, that the lashes she selects and the lipstick are ALL WRONG!  She's creating a face to match her idea of beauty...that's another area of professional help needed.  A good (perhaps female) dermatologist can steer them to someone who will help with makeup.

• Love 2
On 11/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, Back Atcha said:

This hymn is, "Down from His Glory," adapted from an old Italian song (not a hymn), O Solo Mio.

O Solo Mio begat There's No Tomorrow begat It's Now or Never.   From Italy to Presley....

Yeah, it's a bad bastardization of the glorious O Solo Mio. Sounds like shit to my ears.

• Love 1