Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Ready Or Not

• Start Topic

Sumit pleads with his parents to accept Jenny. Brittany arrives in Chicago hoping to finalize her divorce. Melyza reveals her secret. Armando is reluctant to tell his family about his engagement. Ari and Bini are shaken by unexpected news.

Airs October 11, 2020.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Ari is an idiot to think cars would be cheaper in a country where they are not manufactured and there is also shipping costs and duties.  

It makes Michael's reliable 20 year old Camry seem like a luxury car. 

• Love 14

I believe Sumit’s parents arranged for him to get married, in order to get him away from Jenny. I feel sorry for his ex wife because she never stood a chance. Now the little shit is blackmailing his parents by telling them he wanted to commit suicide. They should leave him alone and let the chips fall where they may. Let’s see how long they last.

Armando appeared to be hurt and embarrassed when his family didn’t congratulate him on his engagement.  It clearly wasn’t the right time. I think Kenny is putting too much pressure on him. 

I noticed they didn’t tell us how much rent Ari and Bin are paying for their new apartment. I have a feeling they are being subsidized by either Sharp production or her parents. 

• Love 19

Well Brittany I guess the court forgot you were married as well.

Said it before I don’t condone cheating but Tim needs to wake up. Melyza will hold that over your head forever. She will never forgive you.

The only thing I like to see is Jenny and Sumit is the lovely traditional Indian clothing.

Ari please stop calling Bini baby, just weird!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I'm just checking in on this season.   

I find Ari's treatment/emotional manipulation of Bini to be Cringeworthy.   Add to it the idea that she's harped on how he has changed his look; all the while her looks (body) has gone through quite a lot of changes too; for her shallow sake I hope her body snaps back or she'll be one miserable arse.....

Brittany, HAS GOT to be in this for the 15 MINUTES OF FAME.  There is no way she doesn't know she's playing with (cultural) Fire, or "forgot" that she was married, or thinks that her behavior is appropriate.  I hope he drops her.  

Summit and Jenny.   She should have stayed home until Submit made it clear that he was now 'husband" material and functioning as such instead of as a petulant Man-Child.    He's going from his Mom's boob to Jenny's.   

Armando & Co.   Armando needs to get on with his life, and stop looking for rejection.   It's Cultural, it's his Culture.....He knows it's coming....DEAL WITH IT, and prepare your mate for it; afterall that's why he stayed in the closet till now.

Melissa (sp?).   I feel bad for both of them.  They drifted apart (sexually & emotionally), then got back together, and are both emotionally manipulative.   I barely watched the talk about jobs; from what I can tell he's in a catch-22, and she's got one foot on the proverbial Banana Peel. 

• Love 4

Pillow Talk: "Abominal fluid." "Embryotic fluid." LOL.

I have to say, at the risk of seeming uncompassionate, that Ari is carrying on more than anyone I've ever attended during a c-section. Hopefully, that's mostly because she's concerned the medical expertise is not up to par. Otherwise, she is once again showing how childish she is. I used to be impressed that she hiked around everywhere supposedly on her own and thought I'd never have been able to do that. Now I'm very skeptical that it happened as portrayed because she now seems just about utterly helpless.

I never cease to be pleasantly amazed at Molly's bon mots. She is so witty.

I see Melyza is not yet done being a jerk. First she admits an affair she's not told him about, says she is going to confess, and apparently next week she gets all snotty again and tells him it's none of his business if she had sex with someone else. Make up your mind and stop with the eternal punishment!

Who is the woman Brittany is hanging out with? The closed caption just says "woman."

Why does Deavan suddenly want a big wedding? When last seen, she wasn't sure she even wanted to stay married to Jihoon.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, renatae said:

Otherwise, she is once again showing how childish she is. I used to be impressed that she hiked around everywhere supposedly on her own and thought I'd never have been able to do that. Now I'm very skeptical that it happened as portrayed because she now seems just about utterly helpless.

I'm just as skeptical on the ten year marriage.  Unless they never lived together, she should have a much better handle on how to interact with a partner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Bimi is starting to sound like Evelin, with everything all about the money.  I bet that having the Bank of Mom and Dad shelling out for the apartment, hotels, airline tickets, etc. Bimi has apparently decided he has found a way to get ahead with much less effort.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And Brit . . . we already knew your true colors.  Please exit my screen and don't come back.

So Brittany has to think about her next move with Yazan, yeah, that right there tells us a lot about her, how about the truth Brit, you should have told him the truth from the start.  When you have to start planning maneuvers in a relationship it is not going to end well...lying then having to lie again, how do you keep it all straight?

If Brit was legally separated for all those years and they do not share property or children why not just go to a divorce master, it seems like they have been living apart for over two years so they qualify.  I do not buy anything that girl is selling, not even her heavily filtered photos.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, renatae said:

Who is the woman Brittany is hanging out with? The closed caption just says "woman."

I thought that was her mother, when they were in Chicago.  I think Brittany's in this to become a social media personality.

Ari's a child but as long as her parents keep bailing her out, she'll never grow up.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, renatae said:

I see Melyza is not yet done being a jerk. First she admits an affair she's not told him about, says she is going to confess, and apparently next week she gets all snotty again and tells him it's none of his business if she had sex with someone else. Make up your mind and stop with the eternal punishment!

What a phony hypocritical passive-aggressive little bitch she is.  Sure, they were broken up (on her end) so she could have revenge sex on him.  She insists he give up his job if he is going to live in Colombia, significantly impacting his livelihood, then refuses to marry him which makes it incredibly difficult for him to get employment there.  And doing this while knowing she has played around on him, and keeping it a secret from him while at the same time lecturing him on honesty and trust.  This whole thing is her way of destroying the guy before sending him back home to complete her retaliation against him.  She never intended for this to work.  Cheesedick needs to grow a pair and tell this two-faced asshole where to stick it.  I hope her parents  reserve some of their judgment for her if they see what she has been up to (not sure if TLC is available in Colombia or if they'd watch it).

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I believe Sumit’s parents arranged for him to get married, in order to get him away from Jenny. I feel sorry for his ex wife because she never stood a chance. Now the little shit is blackmailing his parents by telling them he wanted to commit suicide. They should leave him alone and let the chips fall where they may. Let’s see how long they last.

I totally agree.  Let's see how they do when they aren't in some Romeo and Juliet, the world is against us so we will persevere situation.  When there isn't a bunch of drama and it's just them.

• Love 12

Jenny and Sumit:  Right or wrong; his parents are from a culture that, from what I understand, puts a huge importance on marriage and having children (so the children will take care of you when you're old).  They don't get what Sumit is doing.  The mother even said that if Jenny was younger, she'd have no problem with the match.  I didn't like when Sumit's mother said  the typical, "what will we tell people?" comment, (I fucking HATE when people spew that bullshit because that comment has destroyed many lives IMO) but as I said, right or wrong it's their culture.  Sumit and Jenny should live in the US, that would make more sense.  

• Love 24
On 10/12/2020 at 7:18 AM, renatae said:

I used to be impressed that she hiked around everywhere supposedly on her own and thought I'd never have been able to do that.

I doubt if she was alone very much. She seems like the type who would "glom on" to a group of strangers that she encounters on a trip and follow them everywhere whether they invited her or not. I can picture it now, "Ugh, here comes that annoying Ari person, everybody run!" 

Wait, now Deaven wants a big wedding? She already had the Korean "paebaek" ceremony, an official civil wedding and a 100 Days party for the baby. How much more public affirmation that they're married does she expect Jihoon's family to provide? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Sumit and Jenny should live in the US, that would make more sense.  

Why don't they live in the US? Is Sumit not able to get a 90 day VISA or did he do something that would cause him to be denied? Now that he's divorced that shouldn't be a problem. 

I'm also wondering if this guy is working yet? What the heck does Jenni see in him I will never understand. I guess she thinks her measly Social Security check will cover all their expenses. In India maybe but not in the US. Sumit is a user and Jenni is a desperate idiot. 

Let's talk about the parents for a minute.

My heart broke for Sumit's parents. His mom is devastated. We may not agree with their cultural beliefs but his parents are heart broken. Are these the same people Jenni said stormed in to their apartment, yelling and screaming, scaring poor Jenni to death and physically smacking Sumit around and dragging him home against his will? 

Armando's parents- I agree with his mother. He has to announce his engagement in front of his entire family? Tell her in private. That was disrespectful and I'm positive Kenny was the one pushing him to get it out in the open. The family probably never met a gay person in their life. Let them get used to Armando's new life for a freakin' minute. That family was very sweet, they will get used to it eventually. I think even dad will come around at least enough to be cordial. Does Kenny want to get married asap so he can move Armando to the US easily and get the hell out of Mexico? Is that his end game? Not liking Kenny at all. Oh, and taking the time to learn greetings and some simple sentences in Spanish would be a good idea and I don't mean in the car driving as an after thought on your way to meet the family.

Brittney- her mom seemed to understand Brittney quite well. She not changing for anybody. Mom needs to convince her to stay in Chicago. 

Ari's parents- wow, they really made their bed with this daughter. Get ready to pony up more money money for a car and everything the baby needs and probably $$$ to fix up that apartment because Ari is not entirely satisfied with it! Did I hear Ari say she was paying for everything? She means her parents are paying for everything. I thought Bini had three jobs. But, no, now Ari wants him to help out with the baby and not work so much. While is she going to be doing all day? 

• Love 20

I am ashamed to admit this, but I liked Ari at 1st, now she is just coming across as a whiny baby. She has spent time in Ethiopia before so she should know what the living situation and costs are. She seems like she is very dependent on her mom, so maybe she just should have stayed in the US.  Sumit and Jinny- I felt bad for his parents, clearly they want the best for their man baby. Jenny played them when years ago she came to stay and befriended them-only to snatch their boy away and keep him firmly in her gobble neck chin.  I really don't want to see sourpuss Deavon, she bitches and moans about money, but yet now she wants to shell out more money to have a big fancy wedding ? She needs to spend that money on her kids, preferably some child rearing classes with the Dracula kid. I highly doubt Brittany will stay in Jordan - this is all just an IG story for her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

I think the problem with Brittany, Ari, Jenny, Kenny is they don't seem understand or at least want to understand the cultural social norms and mores of their SO's.  Are these people just lazy slugs or what?

That said, Ari has her parents over a barrel.  Her parents are doing all they can because they're worried about their grandchild.  

Melyza, or whatever her name is, is a nasty piece of work.  If she didn't want the man, tell him to piss off and leave her alone.  Does she think she's the only woman in the world who's been cheated on?  I mean it's not like they were legally married and she was pregnant and he cheated.  They were, what, dating? 

People say, "we're in a relationship" but WTF?  Are you married, single, divorced, widowed?  Not married?  Then you're single, I feel, "keep it simple."  If I'm wrong, please explain it to me.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, QueBueno said:

During Sumit's conversation with his parents about falling in love with Jenni, he conveniently forgot to mention the part where the first part of the relationship was him catfishing her and she thought she was talking to a British stud.

Very good point, because that's how the whole relationship started.  

Sumit was pretending to be a British stud because, as he said when he was first introduced, he likes white women; so he pretended to be a white man.  

• Love 7

I'm so glad to see people jumping off the Kenny love train.  It's been lonely out here.  I don't like him, or his hair, or his retro glasses, I definitely can't stand his constant crying, his voice is one step too close to vocal fry, and I no longer even think he looks particularly young for his age.

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I also can't believe those two didn't have a hotel room booked.  They ALL needed some space after such an emotional evening, and to then have to ask whether they could stay there . . . so his parents could imagine what might have been happening just a few yards from them.  Suppose Mama had said, "No."  More of the poor victim, Kenny, turning it to all be about himself.  "They don't even care if I have to drive to a hotel and unpack all my hair products!  They hate me!"

What got me was that he said it would have been rude not to stay there because Armando's mother offered.  That's some nice revisionist history there, Kenny.  Armando's mother didn't offer.  Armando asked if y'all could stay there and she said yes.  That is not the same thing, and if you were the least bit concerned about rudeness or niceties, you would have insisted that Armando not put her on the spot in the first place.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Brit was legally separated for all those years and they do not share property or children why not just go to a divorce master, it seems like they have been living apart for over two years so they qualify. 

I don't think Illinois has divorce masters.  I get the impression it's a Pennsylvania thing.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm so glad to see people jumping off the Kenny love train.  It's been lonely out here.  I don't like him, or his hair, or his retro glasses, I definitely can't stand his constant crying, his voice is one step too close to vocal fry, and I no longer even think he looks particularly young for his age.

I didn't like how Armando's dad acted when he came out of the room.  He acted like Kenny wasn't even there after he reluctantly shook hands with him, how rude.  

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Jenny played them when years ago she came to stay and befriended them-only to snatch their boy away and keep him firmly in her gobble neck chin.

I didn't watch when Jenny stayed/befriended them...but was SHE playing them...or playing along with Sumit's lies--to his parents and to her?  Gobble-neck chin.  OUCH!😕  I'm eighty, and my neck, chin, face and everything below have suffered the ravages of time.   I'm still here; happy and healthy.   Jenny looks good and is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Armando's parents- I agree with his mother. He has to announce his engagement in front of his entire family? Tell her in private. That was disrespectful

Yes because you have to make sure the bigots are comfortable.  If Kenny was a woman, should Armando have told his mother privately? 

BTW, the Ethiopian car salesperson was GORGEOUS. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

if communication is so important to him , why didn’t Ken take Spanish lessons beforehand and practice with Armando?

That seems to be the problem with ALL of the Americans on ALL the 90-Day franchises.  They EXPECT the person in another country to KNOW and speak perfect English.  Then, when they don't, they're encouraged to study, to learn...to simply try-try-try!  The idiots whose fiance`s are moving to America are doubly cursed...but those moving to another country don't have a care in the world.  Why should they learn the language of their new country?  They're Americans!  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, renatae said:

I never cease to be pleasantly amazed at Molly's bon mots. She is so witty.

I agree.  Too bad she's on TLC rather than BRAVO.  Andy Cohen would have her on his "After Dark" (whatever it is) in a minute!

Most of her comments would be lost on someone whose first language is not English.  Look in America, Molly...and looks for smart guys.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And Bimi Baby is starting to come across as a manipulator with his eyes on a bigger prize.  "Ari . . . we need this car for our FAMILY.  Things cost more here.  It's okay."  And in the talking head at the end, "Bimi, how will you feel if Ari's parents have to help support your family after the baby comes?"  "I'm okay with that" . . . and then looks very happy about it and laughs.

Has Ari and/or family contacted Bimi's first American baby mama (wife?).  Has Production?  I would. Maybe there's A LOT TO LEARN!

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't think Illinois has divorce masters.  I get the impression it's a Pennsylvania thing.

I've never heard of a divorce master (in Texas).

40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

So why is Brittany still married?  I don't get that, especially when there aren't children involved.  It sounded like something wasn't uploaded on the computer and no one pressed the "enter" button?

I think her husband is in prison and refusing to sign the divorce papers, which is slowing down the process.

54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yes because you have to make sure the bigots are comfortable.  If Kenny was a woman, should Armando have told his mother privately? 

BTW, the Ethiopian car salesperson was GORGEOUS. 

Yes, I think it is disrespectful to announce an engagement in front of a large group without privately telling your closest family.  JMO of course.  If my daughter got engaged and announced it to the world before telling me first I would be very annoyed.  In his own way Armando needs to break off some of his dependence on his family just like Sumit and Ari.  He has relied on his family to help him raise his daughter and in one month he is completely changing his life...I don't blame his family for needing a moment to catch up...he has gone from being their heterosexual (in the closet) son to announcing he is gay, in a long-term relationship, moving to another city and oh by the way I'm engaged.  I am totally on board with him living his own life but that kind of growth sometimes causes pain for all around...I think his family will come to terms with it but that sort of change doesn't happen overnight.  Especially in front of cameras.

I think Bimi wants the baby more than he wants Ari.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Jenny and Sumit:  Right or wrong; his parents are from a culture that, from what I understand, puts a huge importance on marriage and having children (so the children will take care of you when you're old).  They don't get what Sumit is doing.  The mother even said that if Jenny was younger, she'd have no problem with the match.  I didn't like when Sumit's mother said  the typical, "what will we tell people?" comment, (I fucking HATE when people spew that bullshit because that comment has destroyed many lives IMO) but as I said, right or wrong it's their culture.  Sumit and Jenny should live in the US, that would make more sense.  

I think she doesn’t earn enough to sponsor him.  And there are many other people ahead of him to do a non-spousal immigration.  She may also not be able to live in the US on her tiny social security but it goes further there with a lower cost of living.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What got me was that he said it would have been rude not to stay there because Armando's mother offered.  That's some nice revisionist history there, Kenny.  Armando's mother didn't offer.  Armando asked if y'all could stay there and she said yes.  That is not the same thing, and if you were the least bit concerned about rudeness or niceties, you would have insisted that Armando not put her on the spot in the first place.

I've never been on the Kenny love train and agree with everything you said about him. I am especially annoyed that he hasn't bothered to learn much Spanish. How does he expect to help care for Hannah? Her father may have taught her some English, but still...

I also felt bad for Summit's parents. Loved it when he said, "A mango tree won't start bearing lemons." Need to find a use for that line. And, note to Kenny: Even Father Summit speaks English.

Brittany is a despicable human being. I also hate that constant smirk on her stupid face. Her mum should have told her to stop playing with Yazin's life. What an asshole she is.

Ari: pack up your baby and go home. Bini will never be the provider you need and you are too silly to care for yourself. Did not like it when he was smirking about how he doesn't mind if her parents foot the bill for everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, politichick said:

Ari: pack up your baby and go home. Bini will never be the provider you need and you are too silly to care for yourself. Did not like it when he was smirking about how he doesn't mind if her parents foot the bill for everything.

Ari's parents will wind up taking care of the baby, while Ari goes on her next adventure.  

• Love 6

When Kenny was sitting with Armando’s family, smiling awkwardly, understanding none of the conversation, and having forced his own cultural mores on his partner, I found myself wondering if Mexican viewers of this show see him as their version of Mursel.

And even though I’ve watched four seasons of Angela’s horrible behavior, I was still appalled when Jenny clucked and preened about her health being better than Sumit’s parents’. I know where she was coming from, trying to refute the argument that taking care of her would be a drain on Sumit’s resources, but it came off to me as even more disrespectful than she usually is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Are these the same people Jenni said stormed in to their apartment, yelling and screaming, scaring poor Jenni to death and physically smacking Sumit around and dragging him home against his will? 

I thought it was the in-laws.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

So why is Brittany still married?  I don't get that, especially when there aren't children involved.  It sounded like something wasn't uploaded on the computer and no one pressed the "enter" button?

To be fair the Cook County court system is notoriously backward.  They still use carbon paper.

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I thought I saw "mother."

Yeah her name is Audrey.  

56 minutes ago, RoxiP said:
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think her husband is in prison and refusing to sign the divorce papers, which is slowing down the process.

I thought she said he was deported to Haiti.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought it was the in-laws.

That was my understanding also.

41 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

To be fair the Cook County court system is notoriously backward.  They still use carbon paper.

Yeah her name is Audrey.  

I thought she said he was deported to Haiti.

You are correct.

• Love 1

Ariela, Bini has found an amazing walking ATM in you. He knows that your parents will feel guilty about you making the decision to live in Ethiopia all by yourself and have a baby with a dude who is living there and most likely marry him at some point. And that the parents will keep you in the lifestyle to which you are accustomed. Your choice, you did this, and you have to deal with the consequences of living in a home that is well below your standard, paying a small fortune for the convenience of a vehicle that is older and costs a lot. Not to mention the cost of gas and insurance. Bini seems all too happy to have mom and dad help out with the expenses. Too bad about the unplanned C-section. Ari will be better off going back home with mom after she comes to visit. Bini will be lucky to see his child.

Brittany, stop playing games with people's lives. You need to tell the truth to Yazan and his family. You are still married. Why did you take up with him when you have zero intention of adapting to his culture, his way of life is not your own, you have no real plans to convert, and little to no interest in Islam. Is he just an exotic plaything for you? A way to get some social media followers for your 'rap' career? Love him from afar but find someone who isn't going to expect you to change. You are not going to change unless you seriously grow up and decide you want this. The non-divorce is just a way to keep you stringing him along.

Melyza, you are a pretty girl who is wasting your time on Cheesestick. If you are going to hold his cheating on you over his head for the rest of your life, it's a waste of time. If you also cheated back on him, both of you are in the same dysfunctional boat. End it, set each other free. Maybe a few years from now you will reunite. At least Cheesestick has learned Spanish.

Jenny, both you and Sumit had a pretty interesting start to your relationship. He catfished you, pretended to be someone he is not, and you got involved with a naive man from a culture where he must live up to family expectations. This isn't the US where you can do what you please, to an extent. Granted, his family isn't likely to attack you or anything. Sumit's parents should have not interfered, not set up an arranged marriage, and sent Sumit happily off to be with Jenny, for as long as it lasts. Once the prize is finally available, it may not be as precious. Let him ride out his fantasy of a white woman for a year or two and then he will probably come back and find a more suitable Indian woman. Or let him to go the US. The parents were right in their world view. They will not really accept Jenny - maybe if she was a bit younger and could provide kids.

Kenny, you had plenty of time to learn some basic Spanish to communicate with Armando's family. You are also in a position where you have been supported by your family and friends. Armando is not as fortunate. His parents are devoted Catholics. Whether they like you or not, is a tough road for them, and also for you and Armando - living in Mexico. His father was more polite than expected - he does love his son. Announcing the engagement like that was a faux pas. Small steps.

• Love 15

Gay or straight, the first time you bring a significant other to meet your family, it usually isn’t to announce your wedding plans.  Armando’s parents are still coming to terms with the fact he loves a man.   Baby steps.  Meet them.   Show them you are sincere.   Then meet the rest of the family.  Then announce the engagement.   That was too abrupt under normal circumstances, however, given the need for his family to come to terms that their only son is taking their only grandchild and moving hours away to marry a man who they can’t even communicate with because he loves their son so much he didn’t bother to try to learn to communicate with his family.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

That was too abrupt under normal circumstances, however, given the need for his family to come to terms that their only son is taking their only grandchild 

I assumed the other kids there were Armando's siblings' kids, so Hannah might not be the only grandchild.  But it's hard nonetheless to give up having a child you love move hours away.  And I suspect they were even closer because Hannah's mother was no longer living.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I assumed the other kids there were Armando's siblings' kids, so Hannah might not be the only grandchild.  But it's hard nonetheless to give up having a child you love move hours away.  And I suspect they were even closer because Hannah's mother was no longer living.

I think the other children were his sisters' - but they probably had to be more hand's on with Hannah because of the death of her mother so that would be devastating - plus I suspect in Hispanic cultures the son is a big deal so it is even harder on his parents.  

• Love 11