Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Opening Up Is Hard To Do

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sepalma23 said:

Quick question because maybe I’ve missed it. Have Christina and Henry EVER kissed since the wedding??  A peck or anything??  I haven’t seen it. It’s just so obvious these 2 won’t make it 

No. I don’t think Brett and Olivia have either.

• Love 5

I think Karen doesn't know what she wants because Karen doesn't know who she is.  I sense that Karen's mom has told Karen who she should be and Karen's just confused.  No man would work for her because in order for a relationship to work, you have to know who you are first.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, gladitsover said:

Michelle Robinson (Obama) wasn't sure about Barack when she met him - he was a couple of years behind in school and was very confident - and I must say emotionally available - but he won her over!

best comment ever

I just read her book. It wasn’t that she was unsure about him. She just thought it was inappropriate given she was his mentor. He convinced her no one at her job would care. She was attracted to him before that because of his confidence and assertive and brilliance etc

17 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The history Karen herself has described have led people to believe that a more thuggish type of guy is what she wants. She's also vague on what's she thinks masculine besides non emotional. And Miles has done things that should soften her more in a masculine way but it doesn't read that way at all. And it's always about race. I'm not judging her as a black woman. I'm judging her as woman who seems to have a broken dial in terms of choosing her mate.

And her preferences don't seem to be working for her so maybe she could at least try to be open to something different. 

There is a middle ground in terms of what masculine or assertive could mean but the verdict is out on whether that would matter to Karen in regards to Miles.

Also, I would label every guys humor this season more on the lame side but if the mate is feeling them like with Amelia and Amani they love it because they are digging them. With Olivia and Karen, they don't because overall they aren't digging their mate.

Nothing about Karen says she is interested in thugs or her ex was one. He cheated. He can be a cheater and not be a thug. It’s a mighty leap to put him in that category. So I’m not sure what people are seeing or hearing from Karen. Assertive, confident, leader doesn’t equal thug.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Karen is the one who lacks maturity.  I heard Miles' joke and I took it just that, A JOKE. 

She's too skittish for an experiment like this.  She can't relax if her life depended on it.

I think she would be different with a man she was sexually attracted to

• Love 12
22 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I feel like Miles is actively listening to Karen. 

And I don't recall anyone saying she wanted a thug. Out of her own mouth she has said she wants a man who doesn't show emotions as much as Miles. She said that before she even met the guy.

he’s not listening because Karen has said she doesn’t want him doing stuff just to please her or get her  in the sack. She wants to see who he is. And he’s definitely not paying attention by asking her about sex when she’s still trying to determine if she likes him. 

Several posters have been directly stating in some cases and indirectly stating Karen wants a thug since she first stated she wasn’t into miles and likes masculine men

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sepalma23 said:

Quick question because maybe I’ve missed it. Have Christina and Henry EVER kissed since the wedding??  A peck or anything??  I haven’t seen it. It’s just so obvious these 2 won’t make it 

I can see those 2 sleep boinking then pretending it never happened wordlessly blaming it on finishing off a whole bottle of rose at dinner....

It was pitch dark when she reached over... still asleep....Was I asleep when I whispered her name?...Her hair, smelling like a freshly mowed fairway at daybreak, snuggling into my chest...she flipped my......well, you know the rest......

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4

Whereas if Brett and Olivia did the deed, he would never let her forget it...

Waggling his eyebrows, winking, double entendres, crude jokes.....Olivia had better enjoyed her sexy time....there is a price to pay in getting clowned by Brett and who knows....

• Love 2
On 9/10/2020 at 10:27 AM, humbleopinion said:

Olivia is just a drag....zero joie de vivre....no zest for life, no sense of humor, a void in her personality....a cranky, dry husk Auntie Olivia...

The happiest we have seen her was talking about TacoBell.

Her Ma, Heather and Jo must dread her daily yammering on about her same ol' grievances.....

If her job is so physically and mentally draining then why get married if there is no energy at the end of the day to interact with a spouse?

To have someone help pay for her lifestyle I believe was one of her main goals. Marry for love...of money that is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Whereas if Brett and Olivia did the deed, he would never let her forget it...

Waggling his eyebrows, winking, double entendres, crude jokes.....Olivia had better enjoyed her sexy time....there is a price to pay in getting clowned by Brett and who knows....

Don’t tell Brett there’s a prIce to pay , he’s too cheap to pay whatever it is . 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I have a feeling Karen is going to be this season's Deonna.

Olivia wanted someone to have fun with- 24/7 sarcasm isn't fun. Neither is her stink face, but someone like Brett will probably just make fun of her if she shows any enjoyment. Before they even started he labeled their outing as "lame". He's fucking lame IMO.

Woody just doesn't strike me as the forever type of guy, but I hope I'm wrong so Amani doesn't eventually get hurt.

I found ChristinA disingenuous this episode. I observed Henry as guarded (for good reason) & is still friending her. I don't think the friending will last either, though.

Bennett & Amelia - nice pairing, for now. I think they're both the type to end up "in different places in life" & move on a few years down the road though. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Does such a man exist? She seems frigid at this point...

Well we’ve only seen her with one man she’s not sexually attracted too and cried about having to marry so I’m not sure how we could make the determination she is that way in general

• Love 4

I have a sliver of hope for Christina and Henry. Now that she explained why she's so impatient.  

I think Karen and Miles will make it. I call producer shenanigans with how Karen comes across sometimes. Miles was doing so well until he took her sarcasm too literally. 

Woody/Amani,  Amelia/Bennett continue to warm my heart.  For a minute I thought Bennett had covid when Amelia was saying how sick he was.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 5:12 PM, bichonblitz said:

A good chef would never use lettuce out of a bag and bottled dressing. They would use lettuce that you wash and prep yourself and make your own dressing but this is Miles we are talking about and he doesn't know how to cook so I guess chef buddy took the easiest and most simplistic way out.

The chef was there to teach Miles a great, attractive, tasty, easy recipe to make for Karen.  Bagged salad and great bottled dressing will be perfect for Miles.  I'd be happy to have that made for me any day by my mate.  Better than going out to dinner which they won't be doing due to Covid.

7 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

I think she would be different with a man she was sexually attracted to

It may have a lot to do with what she worries other will think; especially her parents.  She is acting like a church girl where holding hands is too much PDA.  If Miles acts too patient and never pushes she will never see him as masculine.  Miles needs to have a balance of pushing (like she is used to from men) and patient.  I think he has figured it out as a result of that 2 year relationship w/o sex.

• Love 4
On 9/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, Silver Bells said:

It bothers me that Christina always has her head up, hardly looking down, like she is royalty or something. Her nose is always up in the air in a conceited way.   I think Henry should have been matched with Bretts wife, the nurse.  She seems like she would be more sympathetic to his shyness and not belittle him.

Baha. I thought you meant figuratively. She needs to look up MORE, her double chin is atrocious! 😂😂

On 9/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, humbleopinion said:

ChristinA’s eyes welled...Hen should have offered a hug....she needed one.

Some people can't put their discomfort aside to comfort who makes them uncomfortable. I can't. 😂 How about a socially distant pat on the head while saying, "there, there." 😅

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 9/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, Archer27 said:

And finally...Karen...I must separate her from Miles. As some other posters here have mentioned, she does not know what she wants. I also do suspect that she is not over her previous boyfriend (creep that he is), and cannot accept love. She never should have applied to be on this show. Miles will be fine after this. He is a handsome, caring, and generous guy. At the end, he will know that he tried to make this relationship work with an unwilling Karen. (I CANNOT stand when she constantly talks about being "unsafe" - girl, please. If she did not want to risk feeling insecure and vulnerable, she never should have applied.

I think she applied to boost her ego & confidence. She is clearly too damaged and needs to do some major work. She doesn't need marriage, she needs therapy. STAT!

• Love 6
On 9/9/2020 at 7:04 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Karen has never been attracted to Miles and she certainly doesn’t respect him.  His “sex with my wife” was definitely a boneheaded misstep, but she has her easy out in hand now.  

On 9/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Miles! You done messed up big time. 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:07 PM, gonecrackers said:

Miles you ran that train right off the track trying to get to a closed tunnel. 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Miles should have started with asking for some first base action before trying for a home run. It would have made me uncomfortable though Karen is looking for a reason to permanently send him to the dug-out or trade him to another team. 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:26 PM, humbleopinion said:

Miles cocked blocked his own 🐓with putting KareBear on the spot with Intimate sex preference quizzing on camera....
What exactly did you expect her to say...knowing her grandparents will watch this show....

OMG KAREN & MILES!!!! 1st of all, Karen used him to buy groceries, then wouldn't play along with his date joke or compliment him AT ALL!! FOR. SHAME! 2nd, she's just looking/waiting for opportunities to use as excuses to quit or stay distant. SHE SET HIM UP by saying a date, so she's ridiculous for being offended or upset at him for putting it on the calendar. I hope no one lets her get away with her "unsafe" antics. DON'T PLAY VICTIM KAREN!! It was just a lot of miscommunication. That's all. It was too stupid of Miles to put that on the calendar, but nbd. I get it. They're barely physical & he's asking about sex. Uhhhh. NO! Figure out how to progress the physical. They BOTH sucked @ that conversation. Miles should've had better questions, Karen should've had better answers. Super whack. #FAIL

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Bennett and Amelia always seem like they are performing to me. Why do spouses need matching outfits? And if she was so into the slack lining thing why didn’t we see her doing it? Between  the constant performing, the dirty socks and the nightshirt I’m not impressed with these two. I think the Amelia we saw in the talking head with the nice hair and sparkly top is closer to who she really is. 

Glad we have Amani and Woody so we have a couple to root for; they are nice to each other and having fun.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Well we’ve only seen her with one man she’s not sexually attracted too and cried about having to marry so I’m not sure how we could make the determination she is that way in general

Lack of facts and data never stop us from offering opinions, if they did no one would comment in here. I'm judging from the fact that the mere mention of sex sends her into hives, or even passionate kissing and hugging. I have reason to think she isn't sexually attracted to anyone because of her past hurts and wounds. That's the baggage she needs to have checked and put into storage especially since she was willing to start a relationship already married.

• Love 8

I had some sympathy for Olivia this week when she and Brett were meant to be answering the questions and all he had to say was smartmouth one-liners. I have friends, a married couple, and the husband is exactly like that. We can all be having a conversation about a serious subject and every single thing he contributes to the conversation is a stupid, funny (not funny) comment. It is so very, very tiresome. So I fully understand Olivia's frustration. I didn't mind the 'gator place until the guy started handling the animals. Not cool.

Karen, girl, you have no idea how lucky you are. Miles is a peach, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the experts put him up to saying he wanted sex with her, for the draaahmaaah. He probably didn't think she was as tightly wound as that or how much it would backfire. He is giving so much and not even getting a bone in return, even a metaphorical one if not an actual, er, you know.

Woody and Amani are doing just fine. They are both smart cookies and she won't take any shit from him, which is what he needs.

ChristinA I think will still be a bitch even on meds. Kindness doesn't seem to be part of her make-up. But I was glad to see her and Henry at the golf course. That's the most relaxed we've ever seen Henry. But they are toast, those two. There is zero chemistry or attraction between them.

I cannot love Bennett and Amelia any more than I already do. They are so great together, and seem to have a lot of emotional intelligence for such young people. I hope the pressure of her career doesn't impact on their relationship too much.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Bennett and Amelia always seem like they are performing to me. Why do spouses need matching outfits? And if she was so into the slack lining thing why didn’t we see her doing it? Between  the constant performing, the dirty socks and the nightshirt I’m not impressed with these two. I think the Amelia we saw in the talking head with the nice hair and sparkly top is closer to who she really is. 

Glad we have Amani and Woody so we have a couple to root for; they are nice to each other and having fun.

I can't speak to most of your dislike of Bennett and Amelia, but we definitely saw Amelia slack-lining in one of the pre-wedding episodes.

Bennett seems to have been raised in an atmosphere of creativity in performance arts, so IMO that being a part of his personality is no surprise.

I'm no fan of the dirty socks (or lack of an adequate supply of clean ones) but other than the color, I can't really see a problem with his nightshirt - I wear only comfy things to bed as I feel it maximizes my rest/sound sleep, and would hope everyone does the same. In my neighborhood, I've seen as many his-n-hers golf outfits as yoga as jogging as fishing... which I believe totally depends on each couple's style.

I think Bennett and Amelia are an excellent match - my only fear is that the degree of structure/regimentation demanded by  Amelia's profession - particularly when she is in the internship/residency/speciality selection stages - will put a crimp on her sense of freedom and expression which I am certain Bennett would notice and perhaps have difficulty accepting.

• Love 5

Miles must be looking at Woody and Amani and wondering what is Woody's secret to success!

Well, one, Amani. She's fun, quietly sensual (fishnets!),  attentive, and yet isn't gushing over her brand-new husband. Woody is intrigued. 

Two, Woody. He seems like a playa who's found The One, like when Broadway Joe Namath or Paul McCartney got married. He for sure knows how to woo (rose petals in a heart!), and makes an effort to "read the room." 

• Love 7

Poor Miles....he tries to explain to Karen the sort of intimacy conversations they need to have, but when it's her turn to contribute, she shut down. I got the feeling she did not expect him to make such a reasonable request - and she had NO idea, or perhaps desire, to enter into a conversation that could open the door to more intimacy. She could have asked for some hand-holding, or walking arm-in-arm, or any number of things, but she chose to shut down.

In the pre-wedding episode where she 'confessed' to production about 'accidentally" (I didn't believe it then, don't believe it now) but I do believe Karen could have asked a friend to find out about her intended groom and give her the intel - her experience with a man who had a baby-mama when he was supposedly with only her makes me think she is deeply suspicious of male motives and will do just about anything to keep herself out of pain.

Armani and Woody are my tied-for-first couple (with Amelia and Bennett of the dirty socks). They have such a down-to-earth-this-IS-a-real-marriage attitude/commonality that I think they each also have the deep care for the other to be able to listen, really listen, even when something happens that rocks them. I think they are going to be all right.

I had SO much sympathy for Olivia (whom I REALLY don't like) when Brett engaged in non-stop sarcasm.  I can take a little - but relentless jokes/sarcasm are a total buzz kill and I blew off one very (otherwise) promising-to-be-forever relationship (at a time when I was adrift and quite vulnerable) because he JUST COULDN'T STOP with the sarcasm/joking/juvenile (i.e. superficial and therefore disrespectful of me) mindset. I was scared, but never regretted it.  I hope Olivia has the sense to free herself from a man with attitudes that show how very little he cares for her. I don't care why Brett does it - it's a crap way to treat another person and he definitely knows better.

I don't know what to think of  Henry and Christina except that as an introvert, I can sympathize with him and simultaneously wish he would make MORE of an effort, yet understand completely how HORRIBLY DIFFICULT it can be to even just look someone in the eye - much less create an interpersonal relationship with them. First she gets the bitch edit, now she gets the  sympathy edit - smacks of MAFS manipulation.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

She could have asked for some hand-holding, or walking arm-in-arm, or any number of things, but she chose to shut down.

Or HE could've tried to do those things. When he made that video at dinner, he should've tried to kiss her. PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!! That's part of the problem!! He needs to push her a little. Surely, he doesn't expect her to initiate physical interactions with him. Not the way to be with someone who's figuring out if they like you. He's seeming scared of rejection & how they haven't discussed their love languages is beyond me. If he's trying to be respectful & keep her comfortable, he can be respectful in the other bed cuz she might need space 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

Oh Bennett!! I LOVE his easy-going, try anything spirit!! He did EVERYTHING Amelia requested. So SWEET!! He put on that questionable matching outfit. He kept at that slack line until he stood up. What a CHAMP!!!! He readily let Amelia blind him by putting a sweater on his head. He beat a piñata to pieces, although he's against killing "things." No muss, no fuss (that we saw). PERFECT!! AMAZING!! 😍😍

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I can't recall ever seeing a season where so many of the cast members seemed scared to death of falling in love. Hearing some of them talk about what it would take for them to fall in love made me wonder why they would enlist themselves for a show where you're jumping headfirst into a 'legally binding' commitment. I think you'd need to be all-in from day one in order to make this really work. You'd have to fearlessly (or almost fearlessly) believe in what you're doing. Woody and Miles seem to be the only ones who have this full conviction, but in Miles's case he got paired with a lemon. Amelia and Bennett... I feel like each of them entered into this on a lark and just so happened to win the compatibility lottery, but I don't feel like either was in a place where they were dying to get married.  And I really have no idea what Karen, Olivia, Brett, Christina, and Henry are doing on this show at all.

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I can't speak to most of your dislike of Bennett and Amelia, but we definitely saw Amelia slack-lining in one of the pre-wedding episodes.

Bennett seems to have been raised in an atmosphere of creativity in performance arts, so IMO that being a part of his personality is no surprise.

I'm no fan of the dirty socks (or lack of an adequate supply of clean ones) but other than the color, I can't really see a problem with his nightshirt - I wear only comfy things to bed as I feel it maximizes my rest/sound sleep, and would hope everyone does the same. In my neighborhood, I've seen as many his-n-hers golf outfits as yoga as jogging as fishing... which I believe totally depends on each couple's style.

I think Bennett and Amelia are an excellent match - my only fear is that the degree of structure/regimentation demanded by  Amelia's profession - particularly when she is in the internship/residency/speciality selection stages - will put a crimp on her sense of freedom and expression which I am certain Bennett would notice and perhaps have difficulty accepting.

I don’t dislike them as much as think they are playing a part in a performance rather than acting natural. I have never known a couple that wore matching outfits and I just don’t believe a physician would be interested in a children’s piñata. Just my own unpopular opinion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They are lighthearted and they like to have fun they don't have to wear matching outfits. If Amelia came up with the idea or production, either one was fine because Bennett is also relaxed and lighthearted. Not like Karen who can't laugh or joke. They are enjoying these experiences. Frankly it makes it more fun to watch as well and you know they're having fun so that makes it fun. As someone else pointed out we've already seen Amelia do her slack for quite a long time in the matchmaking period of time. 

I don't think they're here to impress you so that's OK. Incredibly well matched and I can't wait to see them post this season in couples cam or hosting the half an hour show.  Just like Amani and Woody, they're nice to each other and having fun. I'm not sure exactly why you can't like them, but different strokes for different folks. 

3 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I totally agree with all of this except that I have no concern about Bennett being able to zig and zag with Amelia schedule.   I'm not nearly as flexible as Bennett and I was also pursuing my doctorate, and I was able to zig and zag with my live-in resident fiance who was in a much more rigid specialty, an internal medicine residency in the old days which as even more rigid and demanding than family practice.  Bennett is a free spirit; Amelia's schedule will just give him more time to write, and to take care of the house, and then the babies. I wouldn't be surprised if they had babies pretty early on.  Then when Amelia gets tired of pushing them babies out, they'll do some adopting.  Amelia experienced her mothers residency and profession as a surgeon and chose a specialty that is much more interpersonal and flexible.   She knows what she's getting into and I think she'll be just fine.

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm in the unpopular opinion group about not being as in love with Bennett and Amelia as others are.  It must be my cynical nature as I think they are both just always "on" and actively performing for the cameras and the audience.  I actually believe Bennett's friend from last week who stated that he signed up for this as absurdist performance art (and, just because she may have been jealous of Amelia does not mean that she was wrong...).  And, I'm probably the only one who wondered if Amelia made sure that the line activity would not hurt the trees she used for it (well, I'm also one who kind of hates modern windmills used for wind energy because of the hundreds of thousands of birds who are killed by them...).

I'm always amazed by the participants who think that they are better than the spouse with whom they were paired, because, you know, you signed up for this show BECAUSE you could not find a spouse on your own.  Maybe not so much a prize...

• Love 13

I'm tentatively raising my hand to join the not-really-crazy-about-Bennett-and-Amelia club either. I don't dislike them, and I don't think they're phony, but I do think they probably signed on for this due to whimsicality rather than because they were really hungering for a life partner. They're being a little performative with all of this because that's fun for them; I don't have a problem with that. But I almost get more of a brother-sister vibe from them than a romantic partner/spouse vibe. You know those brother-sister duos that are so closely bonded that it's a little... creepy? That's the kind of brother-sister vibe I get from them.

Lest I seem like a complete hater, I should also disclose that I see a lot of myself and my first marriage in Bennett and Amelia. I met my first husband in art school. We had a kooky wedding where we played Nosferatu in the background and recited confessional poetry at the reception. We thought we were something else! And yes, we did have fun. But the marriage was over in less than six years after I found myself growing in a different direction. I'm not saying that A and B are headed for a similar fate, but I am saying that it'll be interesting to see if they can change and evolve together or if this is someday just going to be a bright and exuberant memory from their youth.

Edited by TheMediumBopper
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

Don't know if I'll be able to explain this right but I think Karen wants an older, distinguished looking type of guy with a Barry White kind of voice that will look her in the eyes and tell her softly that he wants to "make love" to her rather than the whole jumping onto the bed, writing on a calendar, playing around type stuff that Miles does. Someone who is more serious, I guess I mean. This is not a dig at Miles. I'm simply thinking Karen wants someone with a completely different personality than Miles.

I don't think Karen is "lucky" to have been paired with Miles. She said from the get go that he was not her type so that, to me, makes her unlucky. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with Miles, but it does not appear that he is going to be able to "flip her switch" (c.Jasmine). I think he's a very nice guy, good looking and has a lot to offer a relationship but having all those things does not mean that every woman will be attracted to you. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Don't know if I'll be able to explain this right but I think Karen wants an older, distinguished looking type of guy with a Barry White kind of voice that will look her in the eyes and tell her softly that he wants to "make love" to her rather than the whole jumping onto the bed, writing on a calendar, playing around type stuff that Miles does. Someone who is more serious, I guess I mean. This is not a dig at Miles. I'm simply thinking Karen wants someone with a completely different personality than Miles.

I don't think Karen is "lucky" to have been paired with Miles. She said from the get go that he was not her type so that, to me, makes her unlucky. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with Miles, but it does not appear that he is going to be able to "flip her switch" (c.Jasmine). I think he's a very nice guy, good looking and has a lot to offer a relationship but having all those things does not mean that every woman will be attracted to you. 

Agreed. I like Miles, but everyone is entitled to their own feelings. Karen isn’t wrong for not being attracted to him. That being said, she still has issues. She has a lot of antiquated ideas about masculinity and relationships, and I recommend therapy for her pronto. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

3 hours ago, topanga said:

Agreed. I like Miles, but everyone is entitled to their own feelings. Karen isn’t wrong for not being attracted to him. That being said, she still has issues. She has a lot of antiquated ideas about masculinity and relationships, and I recommend therapy for her pronto. 

I would love to see a picture of Karen's ex. I have a feeling that Miles is very physically not her type in every sense. The show has a bad habit of overlooking what people want physically...like Henry wanting a petite woman. Unfortunately, people can not help what they are attracted to and that includes great people, who are just not their thing.

It is not right that such rigid people come on this type of show, but we seem to have at least one no chemistry couple and one couple where one spouse is not into it and we have to witness someone being treated badly for a season.

Last year, I found Katie rather nasty both physically and in the way she treated people. However, both Derek and supposedly ultra picky Zack (who would not give the much nicer Mindy a chance) were quite attracted to her. Derek put her on his medical insurance and Zack hit on her after the show was over and asked her out for drinks.

For example, I could tell that Amelia was immediately attracted to Bennett both in his physical appearance and his personality. The way she kept that yearbook out in public (though it could have been producer manipulation) showed me that she wanted to impress him a little bit (nothing wrong with that...she is quite accomplished). That is the type of small thing you do when you are attracted to a guy.

Unfortunately, Karen is just going to look like a jerk because Miles is such a great guy. In truth, he is probably better off not continuing this relationship.

• Love 5

How much physical attraction matters depends on the person. These people have to choose to try to build a marriage with their match. Most don't. Simple. Some still have that single person mindset: looking for reasons to end it. The WORST! 

• Love 3