Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: 21st Century Sonja

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What’s the opinion here.  Do posters think Dorinda will be fired or not?  I’m sure Bravo can see viewers have left because of her.  

In a normal world yes, but this is BravHO, and they love to use damaged people and people who shouldn't be on TV, until such time as those people have serious real life altercations, legal woes, etc. None of which DUHrinda seems to have so I think they'll use her until she does something they can't recover from, then they'll act like they're doing HER a favor by not having her back. Bravo could be such a great channel if they didn't sell their souls to the lowest common denominator of fake bullshit.

7 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

No...it's not just you...I AGREE 100% with everything you said!!!! Ramona's therapy session was cringeworthy...that therapist should charge her double his going rate. Luann still doing the "Countess" thing is tired and done...I thought she lost that title in the divorce? And so spot on about Sonja's launch party...they must have called up a casting agency to get some of those people there. The guy who introduced her looked like something out of "The Irishman"...he looked like a low level soldier in the Gambino crime family. And Leah...just wait until Dorinda turns on her...that will be must see TV. Her realtionship with her mother is just infantile. Her mom seems rigid and unlikable. that "meal"  her mother was eating was atrocious. Dorinda continues to be a mean drunk...honestly, she's really off the charts nosediving into an abyss of alcohol fueled anger and rage. This franchise needs a total overhaul.

This was so spot on, brilliant! I laughed aloud at the Gambino reference!

• Love 5

I cannot understand where Leah gets her inspiration. Looked at her site - soooo behind the times.

Yes.  An expensive animal print mask.

She actually scares me with her nonsense messages.

Or just her, or with her daughter, or her daughter's father. Or mother.

Everyone steps lightly around Leah. And she screws around with all of them.

• Love 7

I like Leah but she has taste for shit. Her "clothing line" looks like something that should be on Zazzle of CafePress.

But her mother, ugh. Every time I see her I'm a little shocked. If the witch from Hansel and Gretel was an old hippie...

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Dorinda should be let go. I think she started all this to garner attention and then like a lot of other people she started to believe her inner Rush Limbaugh ways of thinking and it's now something she doesn't even have to think about. It just spews when she opens her mouth.

She's ill-tempered, rude, argumentative, and always, always right. Well she's always wrong and a terrible human being. And TPTB will not fire her.

• Love 12

I only hope Bravo knows Dorinda cannot come back.  People have had it with her.  She is the type to own you if she invites you to her house and makes you a chicken.  She constantly reminds a person what she has done for them.  If Richard hadn’t died, maybe they would be divorced by now.  She loves John, but doesn’t like the way he doesn’t have class.  Richard had class, and that’s what bothers her.  When she moved from up town to her mid town apt, she walked all over the neighborhood and introduced herself in the stores.  Really, who does that?  Did she think she was royalty?  She hates her life and has hate in her heart as she is envious of the others that they are coping and have jobs and interests.  She is an average New Yorker and hates the fact.  You can see it in her face.  I don’t know how the women let her get away with her shit and bad behavior.  Nobody is stepping up.  I hope Andy does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

It's pathetic that she thinks she's this very classy New Yorker where she's as classless as possible and Richard would be very embarrassed about her behavior. But I'm sure she might even say she wouldn't act this way if he was still alive which then begs the question, why does she do it now?

She's really delusional. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

As others have wondered, how did Leah come up with the name "Married to the Mob"? Such a strange name.

It's a movie from 1988.  I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.  Although, I have no idea if Leah and Rob know about this.

51DSXPPVW9L.jpg

• Love 4
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

In a normal world yes, but this is BravHO, and they love to use damaged people and people who shouldn't be on TV, until such time as those people have serious real life altercations, legal woes, etc. None of which DUHrinda seems to have so I think they'll use her until she does something they can't recover from, then they'll act like they're doing HER a favor by not having her back. Bravo could be such a great channel if they didn't sell their souls to the lowest common denominator of fake bullshit.

You are probably right, but what she did to Tinsley was over the top mean.  In fact Dorinda was at the point of insanity the minute Tinsley came into the picture.  It was not normal, and I’m surprised at Bravo for letting that to continue.  The girl was a punching bag and had to leave the show mid season.  I really think it’s backfiring on Bravo for letting Dorinda act like she does.  A lot of posters have left because of Dorinda.  Every week it’s the same thing.  Dorinda getting plastered and acting like a house on fire.  There is nothing nice about this show anymore.  I just can’t wait for the reunion.  I have a feeling either Dorinda or Tinsley won’t be there.  It will be explosive.  The ratings will go up 120%.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's a movie from 1988.  I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.  Although, I have no idea if Leah and Rob know about this.

51DSXPPVW9L.jpg

Oh I know it is the name of a movie from the 80s, though I never saw the movie. Maybe if I had, Leah's company name would make more sense? (I think it has been mentioned here as well before, but not positive). For a company that is supposed to represent feminists and empower women, naming a company formed in 2004 after what would have been then a 16 year old movie seems odd to me. I just read a synopsis of the movie, and still don't get it. Maybe her company name has nothing to do with the movie, and in Leah's brain the mob is edgy and empowering to women? No wonder her mother worries about her......

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

though I never saw the movie. Maybe if I had, Leah's company name would make more sense? (I think it has been mentioned here as well before, but not positive).

You should. It’s very cute. I rewatched it a few years ago and still enjoyed it, it was one of my favorite movies as kid. There is legit no connection between Leah’s line and the movie.

• Love 10

It was nominated for a lot of awards and holds an 89% on Rotten Tomatoes.  It's very well liked.

It's very simple, Leah is saying that she's married to the mob by being with Rob back then.  No?  Simple.  

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

You are probably right, but what she did to Tinsley was over the top mean.  In fact Dorinda was at the point of insanity the minute Tinsley came into the picture. 

Actually I think Dorinda liked Tinsley at first and then decided to become over the top evil towards her a couple of seasons later.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

To be honest, although I'm not a Dorinda fan, I'm more likely to stop watching because I'm disgusted with seeing floor turds and people peeing all the time rather than because of Dorinda.

I’m wondering how turds are coming out.  Does she not wear underwear?  Or, how about seeing a gastro doctor.  Disgusting .. then leaving it on the floor for someone to pick up.  Who needs to see this?   Sonja is another one.  Dogs shitting in the house over the carpets, then not picking up in the backyard of her townhouse.  Do they expect the interns to do all of this cleaning up?

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

What sticks out to me in this episode are the terrible clothes.  Clothes in the THs, clothes they're wearing in the scenes, clothes they're selling.

I think just about everyone were taken aback with Dorinda's choice of pants.  They might have looked decent if they had a modern shape or tapered legs, but they just look like baggy pajama pants.  What gets me is how she struts around looking like she thinks she's so chic in them.  And that oddball headband thing with the pink pompoms -- is the intention to imitate the alien from Mars look?  If so, she's on target.  At Sonja's opening, Dorinda paired those super-high heeled dress booties (that she can't walk in for shit) with stretch pants and a blouse one might wear to the grocery store -- why do I get the feeling she paid a king's ransom for each piece.

That dress Luann was wearing in her THs - black with the fake pearl strand holding it up.  Looks cheap and tacky.  Is it a Sonja by Sonja Morgan?  Looks about the quality she sells.  

Ramona in that dreadful, too-small lace dress that she said was Sonja by Sonja Morgan -- reminiscent of a an overfilled sausage ready to burst the casing at any moment.

Leah feels like literally the sky's the limit with her clothing line.  I find it hard to believe she actually makes money with the cheap looking, unremarkable Married To The Mob garbage.  Does the concept of glorifying organized crime fly in NYC or something, because I just hate the stupid name.  That neon yellow sweatshirt with bold block "MTTM" in blue across the chest?  Reminds me of someone's project in a high school silk screening class.  Literally junk that I can't imagine anyone spotting in a store and saying "oh I gotta try some of these on; gotta have this it's so cute".   The scene is capped by Leah's TH wearing the most gawd-awful plastic and glass earrings that I would guess came from the Goodwill store.  Last but not least was the hair jacket she wore to Sonja's Century 21 opening.  Gross!!  And she really needs to burn that atrocious red and yellow glove/blouse/dress thingy.

Also, Dorinda in her THs wearing the ugliest statement necklace known to mankind.  And I thought Luann owned all of those.

Did Ramona wear a cocktail dress to her therapy appointment?  

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
On 8/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, nexxie said:

In the moment, when Dorinda is acting out, they need to say no fucking way - and, like any bully, she’ll slink off somewhere. And they should never apologize for drawing a line.

(That’s if they want to hang out with her at all - I wouldn’t.)

If ever they all got together on the same page and called Dorinda out on her shit, she'd start with doing the same thing she did in this episode:  "I'm a giver.  I do SO MUCH for everyone else" and then run off and cry and work herself up into a screaming spit-flying rage denouncing every single one of them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, RedInk said:

Unpopular, but I have no beef with Leah's mother from what we've been shown.

I actually lowkey love Bunny simply for refusing to give it any oxygen when Leah dissolved into, what seemed to me, a performance of being upset. I don't doubt that Leah has some very real emotional issues with her mother, but during that scene it looked to me like Leah was making "cry face" without actually crying (much like Ramona during her "I need a man to hold me!" scene) and that it was all for show.

That said, it could be that Leah was genuinely upset during that scene but that Bunny saw so much worse during Leah wild teen years that her feathers just can't get ruffled by it anymore.  Either way, I love that Bunny just won't participate in an attempt to create drama.

• Love 24
On 8/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, Straycat80 said:

I’m rolling my eyes so hard now at Ramona patting herself on the back at the shrinks, my eyes just popped out of my ears. 

IKR!! Going in, Ramona says something's just not sitting right within her heart and her soul, and ends up saying how really comfortable she is with herself, and loves herself.  I know it's supposed to be therapy, but I think she's totally happy just paying this young guy to sit and listen to her go on and on about herself and then tell her exactly what she wants to hear.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 7

Okay, we’re all agreed that Dorinda’s crocheted and bedazzled monstrosity did her no favors. Those pants made her flat ass look flatter and assier. She says she bought them in England, but didn’t mention what YEAR she bought them! Was she still married to Richard? I don’t care how much you pay for clothes, if something is hideous on you, don’t wear it! (Also, when trying on pants please check the fit from all angles!)

As for Ramona’s poopiosity, this is NOT normal and does NOT happen with age. I am Ramona’s age (though I look younger thanks to good genes and clothing that fits correctly) and I have never defecated anywhere but in a toilet since I was toilet  trained. Ramona needs to stop having surgery/procedures on her outside and get her insides fixed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 8/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mar said:

Oh my God, the pants Dorinda is wearing. My mouth is hanging open in amazement that she thought those were a good idea. They look like a bedazzled afghan my grandmother used to make.I wish I had a full length photo to share

FE6B0E0E-8E4F-4026-8F84-CDDE3B48EE80.jpeg.62fc1432cef8b11aeda2571dd63f7851.jpeg

Just seeing them, I know they couldn't possibly be comfortable to wear.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually “Married to the Mob” was suggested by her boyfriend because being with Leah you are stuck with the multitude of personalities that live in her head. 

Yikes!

Geeze, that makes even less sense. And certainly seems to be the opposite of what she says her brand is about, empowering women. Yikes is right! 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Okay, we’re all agreed that Dorinda’s crocheted and bedazzled monstrosity did her no favors. Those pants made her flat ass look flatter and assier. 

Assier 😂😂

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Actually “Married to the Mob” was suggested by her boyfriend because being with Leah you are stuck with the multitude of personalities that live in her head. 

Yikes!

What person in their right mind would walk around in a shirt like that?  If I wore that shirt in the city, I’d be afraid someone would kill me.  Or take me to Jersey and leave me in the marshes.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

What sticks out to me in this episode are the terrible clothes.  Clothes in the THs, clothes they're wearing in the scenes, clothes they're selling.

I think just about everyone were taken aback with Dorinda's choice of pants.  They might have looked decent if they had a modern shape or tapered legs, but they just look like baggy pajama pants.  What gets me is how she struts around looking like she thinks she's so chic in them.  And that oddball headband thing with the pink pompoms -- is the intention to imitate the alien from Mars look?  If so, she's on target.  At Sonja's opening, Dorinda paired those super-high heeled dress booties (that she can't walk in for shit) with stretch pants and a blouse one might wear to the grocery store -- why do I get the feeling she paid a king's ransom for each piece.

That dress Luann was wearing in her THs - black with the fake pearl strand holding it up.  Looks cheap and tacky.  Is it a Sonja by Sonja Morgan?  Looks about the quality she sells.  

Ramona in that dreadful, too-small lace dress that she said was Sonja by Sonja Morgan -- reminiscent of a an overfilled sausage ready to burst the casing at any moment.

Leah feels like literally the sky's the limit with her clothing line.  I find it hard to believe she actually makes money with the cheap looking, unremarkable Married To The Mob garbage.  Does the concept of glorifying organized crime fly in NYC or something, because I just hate the stupid name.  That neon yellow sweatshirt with bold block "MTTM" in blue across the chest?  Reminds me of someone's project in a high school silk screening class.  Literally junk that I can't imagine anyone spotting in a store and saying "oh I gotta try some of these on; gotta have this it's so cute".   The scene is capped by Leah's TH wearing the most gawd-awful plastic and glass earrings that I would guess came from the Goodwill store.  Last but not least was the hair jacket she wore to Sonja's Century 21 opening.  Gross!!  And she really needs to burn that atrocious red and yellow glove/blouse/dress thingy.

Also, Dorinda in her THs wearing the ugliest statement necklace known to mankind.  And I thought Luann owned all of those.

Lol to everything.  Leah must have low self esteem.  She always has to call attention to herself by being edgy and weird.  Thus the shirts and constantly talking about her vagina or ripping a place apart.  A normal person doesn’t do those things.  They don’t feel the need to call attention to themselves.  They are confident.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What person in their right mind would walk around in a shirt like that?  If I wore that shirt in the city, I’d be afraid someone would kill me.  Or take me to Jersey and leave me in the marshes.

Even taking out the mob reference, I don't see having "married to" in the name of a business as a sign that the owner thinks that her brand will empower women. Just the opposite, actually. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

If ever they all got together on the same page and called Dorinda out on her shit, she'd start with doing the same thing she did in this episode:  "I'm a giver.  I do SO MUCH for everyone else" and then run off and cry and work herself up into a screaming spit-flying rage denouncing every single one of them.

imo they should just say NO to her, without trying to call her out/explain. She’s a narcissist and knows what she’s doing. They can walk away or let her slink away, but engaging is a mistake.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MadMiniaturist said:

I like Leah but she has taste for shit. Her "clothing line" looks like something that should be on Zazzle of CafePress.

But her mother, ugh. Every time I see her I'm a little shocked. If the witch from Hansel and Gretel was an old hippie...

I feel bad for saying (but I will anyway lol) - but I was shocked when we first saw her Parents! Did they have her later in life? It's not the white hair, as more women are keeping their gray and look lovely. 

I love how everyone described Dorinda's pants as a Grandma's Afghan!! I didn't mind the pants in and of themselves. But Her butt looked so bad in them! So flat and square Spongebob is seething from jealousy. When I liked her I thought she had a good figure, Now that she's an evil witch everything is out of proportion. (The Feminist in me hates the "evil witch" comparison but it just FITS her!)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Even taking out the mob reference, I don't see having "married to" in the name of a business as a sign that the owner thinks that her brand will empower women. Just the opposite, actually. 

Yeah, I fail to see how wearing a shirt that says "Good dick will imprison you" is empowering for women. At all.

Edited by SweetieDarling
shirt not "shit" tho it might be a shit shirt
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Haha..yes.  Ever since Mario left her, she’s dressing to kill.  Tight, boobs hanging out, high heels, etc.  I don’t know where she gets the energy.  I can’t understand why she needs a therapist.  She answers all her questions herself.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, nexxie said:

imo they should just say NO to her, without trying to call her out/explain. She’s a narcissist and knows what she’s doing. They can walk away or let her slink away, but engaging is a mistake.

Nothing is working.  She should just go back with John and work in the cleaners and occupy herself and STFU.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Oh, I couldn't agree more.  Ramona had the right idea last episode was it? When Dorinda wanted to start something, and Ramona just calmly walked away and ignored her.  That's really the best strategy with someone like Dorinda who probably knows what a mess she is but she can't tolerate anyone else saying it out loud.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Haha..yes.  Ever since Mario left her, she’s dressing to kill.  Tight, boobs hanging out, high heels, etc.  I don’t know where she gets the energy.  I can’t understand why she needs a therapist.  She answers all her questions herself.

It's not therapy she's purchasing.  It's that she just eats up having a years-younger guy sit there for an hour focusing all of his attention on her and everything that comes out of her mouth.  And I'm certain she's quite willing to pay big bucks for the privilege (a win-win for both of them).  On the same vein as a full body massage, only she gets to humble-brag on how she's in therapy and working on her issues so as to become her best, even more wonderful self which, if you caught her words at the end of her session, she believes she already is.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

It's not therapy she's purchasing.  It's that she just eats up having a years-younger guy sit there for an hour focusing all of his attention on her and everything that comes out of her mouth.  And I'm certain she's quite willing to pay big bucks for the privilege (a win-win for both of them).  On the same vein as a full body massage, only she gets to humble-brag on how she's in therapy and working on her issues so as to become her best, even more wonderful self which, if you caught her words at the end of her session, she believes she already is.

Ramona can be a ditz, but at times, she does have good judgement and does the right thing.  Walking away is the best you can do, if you can do it.  Speaking of her, I have been watching Hulu and all the episodes from the start.  Every season, Ramona has a birthday party for herself.  I don’t think there has been one year that she hasn’t.  Just noticed this.  Plus, I think I have just answered to your previous post about Ramona walking away from Dorinda.  Duh.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 9
On 8/20/2020 at 10:01 PM, esco1822 said:

Leah’s problem in light stems from what her mother is eating right now. Who in the holy hell enjoys that as a meal? A psychopath, that’s who. 

This is just the truth. Holy Hell yeah her intestines are mad. (FYI if you missed it - it was a pile of broccoli with a stack of rice cakes. 🤮  And she was eating it with a fork.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Nothing is working.  She should just go back with John and work in the cleaners and occupy herself and STFU.

Why to you hate John so much that you would wish that on him!

Shame on you!

(this is a joke by the way)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, geauxaway said:

Never heard of her or MTTM prior to her joining the show.  And like I’ve said before, what I’ve seen of her line, it’s nothing that I couldn’t make on my Cricut.  

Ditto on not knowing about her or MTTM.  Looking at her clothing line, I guess anything sells these days!   Well, except for Sonja's toaster oven.  Speaking of Sonja, why does she continue to act like she personally designed "her" clothing line?  It's all so ridiculous.

Geauxaway, here's hoping you and your family stay safe with the oncoming hurricanes.  We're getting ready to batten down the hatches over here.  This year would not be complete without a hurricane heading up the Gulf with another one right behind it.  Oy!  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Why to you hate John so much that you would wish that on him!

Shame on you!

(this is a joke by the way)

I wouldn’t want her working in the Queens cleaners tho .. polluting my old neighborhood.  Lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I wouldn’t want her working in the Queens cleaners tho .. polluting my old neighborhood.  Lol.

That’s the plant which she probably isn’t qualified to work in, the store location is on the Upper Eastside.

• Love 2