Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: 21st Century Sonja

• Start Topic

I am very curious as to how Dorinda and Tinsley will interact at the reunion.

Does Dorinda have any concept of the reaction to her behavior? Or will she continue attacking in a spittle flecked tirade.

Dorinda is like a comedian who is bombing and thinks the audience loves her cruelty and bile. Sort like the final days of Lenny Bruce.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Does Dorinda have any concept of the reaction to her behavior? Or will she continue attacking in a spittle flecked tirade.

Dorinda is like a comedian who is bombing and thinks the audience loves her cruelty and bile. Sort like the final days of Lenny Bruce.

Dorinda will go to the death defending her behavior while villainizing anyone that dare question her.... LOL we have seen this every season she has been on...

• Love 23

If she doesn't have one already, Ramona needs to see a good gastroenterologist. Her lack of bowel control is alarming. It's also baffling to me that she isn't the least bit mortified about it. She shits on floors and carpets, but acts as if she just spilled juice. I will never forget her floor shits in Colombia. Absolutely disgusting. And you know she didn't clean up her turd off the carpet, either. I'm sure the staff talked about them for days. 

Part of me thinks that Ramona is equal opportunity gross, but the other part of me thinks that she probably pulls this nonsense because it's a brown country, so she doesn't have the same kind of respect that she would if she traveled to a European country. 

They all need to stop trying with Dorinda. Treat her like the mosquito she is and swat her away. She doesn't have any problems with her behavior, so cut it out with the interventions. It especially doesn't help that they're all afraid of her. Dorinda knows she has all the power, so why would she stop being the mean drunk that she is? 

This episode was meh. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Based on what I've seen of her social media responses and her DIY talking heads that, I believe, were recorded after the season began airing, I vote spittle flecked tirade.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The only person complaining about the wine was Ramona. Wine snob is now being added to my list of things she is a snob about. 
Friend snob. Label snob. Food snob. One of those I can do no wrong snobs who oops craps on the floor. Literally. 

She never stops looking like a white trash rube. "Room temperature" means cellar temperature, you insufferable, crazy-eyed hag. I suspect you could pour Boone's Farm into a glass, and she wouldn't know the difference. She just wants to bark up and yell at the help like a silly, unsophisticated hayseed. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Iris987 said:

I loathe Ramona. I really do. I loathe her more than Dorinda(who is a vicious drunk), I loathe her more than Bethenny (who is a mean succubus), I loathe her mangling of the English language, I loathe the way she treats staff, I loathe her politics, I loathe her 50 close girlfriends. Her mere presence offends me and I want her gone.

That is all.

Will you marry me? 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

My favorite scene, Sonja toeing Ramona's piece of shit on the carpet

And the funny thing is, from that I noticed again that Sonja actually has really nice feet.  And I don't mean that in a creeper way.  Going back to that women of a certain age thing, some women can't help developing bunions and hammertoes as they get older and Sonja doesn't have any of that.  Her feet look young. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Leah said her clothing line is only available online, not in stores. So, how does she generate sales? Does she have ads like the ones we see here on the boards? Are we supposed to know, by instinct, what MTTM on a random sweatshirt means? Had anyone here heard of her line before she appeared on the show? I'm just wondering how she thought she was going to make a billion dollars a year and afford her pink private jet with limited to no marketing or distribution, let alone stay afloat. 

I don’t know how Leah is getting away with ripping off the Supreme logo.   She has a bucket hat with “Bitch” in red and white letters like the Supreme logo.  These styles might have been popular 15 years ago when she started but she hasn’t kept up with current trends.  Wearing “bitch” on your clothes like it’s 1998.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

There is something very wrong with Ramona. She is flawed deep, deep down in to her soul. Her therapist needs to roll up his sleeves and get serious with her. Does she really think she's all that? Just because she's 63 and doesn't look it that doesn't mean she looks 25, either. A respectable 50-55 year old, yes. She doesn't look any younger than Sonja, LuAnn or Dorinda so she really needs to get over herself. Aside from that, her thinking about everything is so off.  I honestly don't know how Mario stayed married to her for 20 years. 

• Love 20

Leah’s fashion would be great if I wanted to look like a rabid trash panda and Sonja’s is the trash panda collection, Dynasty edition. 
I haven’t seen any fashion lines created by any of the ho’s that show any talent. Why does every think they need a fashion line, makeup line and all their daughters have to be some fashion model phenoms? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Leah’s fashion would be great if I wanted to look like a rabid trash panda and Sonja’s is the trash panda collection, Dynasty edition. 
I haven’t seen any fashion lines created by any of the ho’s that show any talent. Why does every think they need a fashion line, makeup line and all their daughters have to be some fashion model phenoms? 

That is an excellent question. It’s as if their worldview were so limited.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/18/2020 at 6:38 PM, OnceSane said:

Ramona addresses Dorinda's anger issues in a group text; in New York City, Leah works to improve her relationship with her mother; Ramona sees a therapist; Luann preps for a cabaret workshop; Sonja hosts a party.

Okay, so, the group text wasn't the smartest idea Moaner's ever had, but she's trying. DUHrinda is a nasty drunk and a nasty sober person, the alcohol just makes her more out of control, but she has serious anger issues that she's hiding from. The scene with Lu and the way she kept desperately trying to shut Lu up? That was unreal. I'll bet therapists out there watching were cringing. I know Lou just cannot let go of a bone when she's been wronged, but DUHrinda was nasty as hell to her with those "well you've been to jail" comments and she deserved a better apology. Someone, I think it was here, said that DUHrinda and Leah like each other and defend one another because Leah is just a younger DUHrinda. That's pretty on the money to me. Leah better wake the fuck up and see her future in D, because it aint pretty.

Leah's mother...I agree with her about Leah should just stop drinking alcohol completely. But I gotta mention the rice cakes and steamed broccoli, what the actual fuck was that? A snack? It sure aint a meal! Her mother is a nut, but I'd be a nut too if Leah was my daughter so I'm withholding judgement on Mother Leah.

Ramona's therapist could barely contain a smile. I've heard therapists say that you can't treat a narcissist, and I'm not sure Ramona is that 100%, but her Couch Manifesto was pretty narcissistic, and she has no clue that is comes across that way either. So maybe she IS a narcissist? I don't condone Mario's cheating on her, but can you even begin to imagine what it's like to be married to Ramona Singer? Good god!

Lu's caberet is just, I don't even have the words. She's like a joke that doesn't know the joke's on her. It's sad really. But again, she's another one who borders on being a narcissist, it's always about Lu 24/7/365.

So Sonja must actually have some business partners who know how to, yanno, 'DO BUSINESS'! Kadooz to her for getting her matronly disco line into Century 21 for the Bridge and Tunnel crowd! But seriously, that 'party' couldn't have been faker. It was like a small crowd that looked like they all worked at the store and got called in to be there for this 'party shoot'. It sure wasn't a legit party, that's for damn sure!

In summation, BravHo is killing this franchice. I'm sick of Lu's Holier than Thou Countess Caberet schtick. I'm tired of Moaner's moaning and fake crying schtick. And I'm soooo over watching three alcoholics make fools of themselves on TV. Sonja is delusional and lives part time in an alternate reality where she is still Lady of the Manor - it always creeps out when she's drunk. Leah is an out of control drunk when she takes any alcohol, and acts like a petulant drunk 16 year old who is in need of being grounded by her parents. And DUHrinda, who is not entertaining and never was, and is the worst alkie of them, with her pathetic excuses and her psychotic deflections - she really needs in-patient therapy because she's really mentally ill, and alcohol makes it even worse. It's sad and depressing to watch these bitches anymore. Is it just me?

• Love 20

When Ramona was talking to Sonja while they were packing she was ragging on Luann for not supporting her in her quest to get Dorinda to admit she has a problem. And Sonja was agreeing that Luann was trying to straddle the fence or words to that effect. I'll be curious to see what they are saying at the reunion as Luann didn't straddle the fence. She just spoke to Dorinda one on one rather then sending her a text in a group chat about anger issues. Luann sat down with her and calmly tried to talk her through what the concerns were. Of course Dorinda wasn't having it and reacted in her usual way, but Luann didn't just let it all slide because she was trying to play both sides. 

I loved how at Sonja's big celebratory moment Ramona had to draw some of that attention - Dorinda too. Just like when Ramona was having her charity event speech and Sonja and Dorinda kept trying to take over the moment. And pretty sure there has been a time when Dorinda was trying to speak to a crowd and Ramona and Sonja were chiming in. And of course there was Dorinda shouting Jovani at Luann's cabaret show. Those three are incapable of letting someone else have the spotlight on their own for more than 30 seconds at a time. They each have to jump in so they can share that spotlight. Doesn't matter what's going on or what the spotlight is for. They must be in it. Leah seems so-inclined as well.

I have probably forgotten some instances, but I don't think Luann has exhibited this same behavior when someone else has the spotlight. Shouting out when someone else is speaking - and I don't mean cheering someone on in a "look-at-me" kind of way (they all do that) - but the interrupting someone's speech or performance to draw the attention? Probably has happened and I just like Lu better so I've forgotten. 😉

Ramona's blasé attitude towards poop on the floor was bad enough when it was her dog, but her own? The height of classless, selfish privilege. Of course she doesn't have to care. She isn't the one who is going to have to clean it up. She's not the one who'll have to follow a smeared trail of shit through the house when someone else steps in it and tracks it everywhere. I'm with you Iris987, hate her.

• Love 16

Oh my God, the pants Dorinda is wearing. My mouth is hanging open in amazement that she thought those were a good idea. They look like a bedazzled afghan my grandmother used to make.I wish I had a full length photo to share

FE6B0E0E-8E4F-4026-8F84-CDDE3B48EE80.jpeg.62fc1432cef8b11aeda2571dd63f7851.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I hate Sonja, but she made me laugh when she told Ramona that her habit of unintentionally insulting people had nothing to do with Dorinda’s rage issue.

I wonder how the police officers knocked out Leah’s teeth.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Dorinda is horrible. And I don’t think it’s for the cameras or grabbing the spotlight or for a storyline. In fact I don’t think the producers of RHONY bother much with storylines, they ply them with free alcohol and let rip.  There’s no hope for Dorinda, she goes off on a vicious sarcastic ridden rampage whenever she feels the least bit slighted.  It’s not fun to watch. She thinks she’s entitled to behave this way I guess.

Dorinda is awful.  I still remember how nasty she was to Tinsley.  I think Dorinda is angry.  She's angry because her life is not where she thought it would be at her age.  I think she's divorced from her first husband, her daughter's father?  Then she married Richard, a man she seemed to really love, and he dies.  I think Dorinda would like to think herself a society lady, maybe she when she married Richard, but now, with John, she's not and people like Ramona remind her of that.  So yeah, Dorinda's a very angry woman.

• Love 11

I once saw a guy on Shark Tank pitching a clothing line made exclusively out of crocheted blankets found in thrift stores.  I found his ETSY Shop.  Perhaps Dorinda watched the same episode.  I never heard of MTTM before Leah's appearance on the show.  I'm floored at how basic it is.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Every time she mentions Married to the mob the first thing I think of is  the  old Matthew Modine and Michelle Pfeiffer movie LOL ... Online only is a really hard sell because unless you have a dedicated customer then you are gonna get lost in the shuffle of all the other brands out there ... She is banking on this show giving her label the free publicity that will help her generate sales

I don't think the audience of this show is the demographic that would be interested in wearing "Good dick will imprison you" emblazoned on their t-shirt, or having to explain what the "MTTM" across the crotch of their pants means.

I could be wrong. I mean, I could see Dorinda wearing one of her "Bitch, I elevate this shit" shirts, but let's not forget she is the woman who wears sequined granny-square pants and thinks they're fashionable since they're from London, and she thinks she looks fabulous in them.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't think the audience of this show is the demographic that would be interested in wearing "Good dick will imprison you" emblazoned on their t-shirt, or having to explain what the "MTTM" across the crotch of their pants means.

I could be wrong. I mean, I could see Dorinda wearing one of her "Bitch, I elevate this shit" shirts, but let's not forget she is the woman who wears sequined granny-square pants and thinks they're fashionable since they're from London, and she thinks she looks fabulous in them.

I mean with the way bravo has started pushing more for the fights and drunkenness just toddler like behavior on all of the housewives shows It’s like they are aiming for a “younger” demographic with these shows now it seems like 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wait the last we saw she was screaming at Sonja that you will NEVER be in my show! I don’t want you in MY show .... 

Didn't she also say F You to Sonja and run out of the house crying? Honestly, this cabaret show is third rate Atlantic City stuff...where does she find these people to produce this drivel? And who the hell pays to see this??? How many times can you hear "Money Can't Buy You Class" ??? At this point these women are just using this show to promote their products and projects. Dorinda doesn't have anything to promote maybe that's why she's so mean and disgruntled. BTW...Leah's Married to the Mob clothing line looks like a lot of other stuff out there...hoodies, t's, loose pants...Walmart quality.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah, the “smart fucking cookie.”  Funnily enough, it’s been a season and I have seen very little that is smart.  I’ve seen selfishness, insecurity, belligerence, rudeness, and intimidation.  But I guess the difference between these qualities and smarts is *minutiae.*

😂😂I Have seen all of this as well as emotional immaturity and vulgarity

• Love 11

Luann’s cabaret show seems like it belongs in a Harry Shearer movie meant to be satirical. She’s terrible and embarrassing but I guess she’s been successful from the sound of it.  It’s definitely a head scratcher for me that people pay to go to her show. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Oh man, I will never live down how grating Luann’s cabaret coach/manager person’s speaking voice is.  When he said he couldn’t be there because he was having a winter wonderland party on Fire Island, I wept for all of the people who would be subjected to that voice between Manhattan and Fire Island.  What annoys me perhaps the most is that this is under his control and he chooses it.  He doesn’t have a speech impediment.  It’s just a giggly, gravelly mumble that could be improved with one diction lesson.  

Maybe he could get a discount on that diction lesson if Dorinda is included. She certainly needs it, Especially when she drinks!

the insufferable Carole

😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Leah said her clothing line is only available online, not in stores. So, how does she generate sales? Does she have ads like the ones we see here on the boards? Are we supposed to know, by instinct, what MTTM on a random sweatshirt means? Had anyone here heard of her line before she appeared on the show? I'm just wondering how she thought she was going to make a billion dollars a year and afford her pink private jet with limited to no marketing or distribution, let alone stay afloat. 

I thought she said this collection (as compared to the rest) will not be in department stores, only  online, and that’s why she was nervous. But I could be wrong. Some 🍷 was involved. 

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

What does Leah have to do with the mob that made her chooose that name? And who chooses to wear clothes that say “Married to the Mob?” 

I thought she said Keir’s dad came up with the name. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't think any of this stuff is going to sell.  

The products the Housewives sell are junk IMO, and people buy them when they have lots of disposable income.  With COVID-19, many people don't have such income.  The longer COVID drags on, the more people will get laid off and furloughed and that means less money to buy the cheap, crappy shit the Housewives hawk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Okay, so, the group text wasn't the smartest idea Moaner's ever had, but she's trying. DUHrinda is a nasty drunk and a nasty sober person, the alcohol just makes her more out of control, but she has serious anger issues that she's hiding from. The scene with Lu and the way she kept desperately trying to shut Lu up? That was unreal. I'll bet therapists out there watching were cringing. I know Lou just cannot let go of a bone when she's been wronged, but DUHrinda was nasty as hell to her with those "well you've been to jail" comments and she deserved a better apology. Someone, I think it was here, said that DUHrinda and Leah like each other and defend one another because Leah is just a younger DUHrinda. That's pretty on the money to me. Leah better wake the fuck up and see her future in D, because it aint pretty.

Leah's mother...I agree with her about Leah should just stop drinking alcohol completely. But I gotta mention the rice cakes and steamed broccoli, what the actual fuck was that? A snack? It sure aint a meal! Her mother is a nut, but I'd be a nut too if Leah was my daughter so I'm withholding judgement on Mother Leah.

Ramona's therapist could barely contain a smile. I've heard therapists say that you can't treat a narcissist, and I'm not sure Ramona is that 100%, but her Couch Manifesto was pretty narcissistic, and she has no clue that is comes across that way either. So maybe she IS a narcissist? I don't condone Mario's cheating on her, but can you even begin to imagine what it's like to be married to Ramona Singer? Good god!

Lu's caberet is just, I don't even have the words. She's like a joke that doesn't know the joke's on her. It's sad really. But again, she's another one who borders on being a narcissist, it's always about Lu 24/7/365.

So Sonja must actually have some business partners who know how to, yanno, 'DO BUSINESS'! Kadooz to her for getting her matronly disco line into Century 21 for the Bridge and Tunnel crowd! But seriously, that 'party' couldn't have been faker. It was like a small crowd that looked like they all worked at the store and got called in to be there for this 'party shoot'. It sure wasn't a legit party, that's for damn sure!

In summation, BravHo is killing this franchice. I'm sick of Lu's Holier than Thou Countess Caberet schtick. I'm tired of Moaner's moaning and fake crying schtick. And I'm soooo over watching three alcoholics make fools of themselves on TV. Sonja is delusional and lives part time in an alternate reality where she is still Lady of the Manor - it always creeps out when she's drunk. Leah is an out of control drunk when she takes any alcohol, and acts like a petulant drunk 16 year old who is in need of being grounded by her parents. And DUHrinda, who is not entertaining and never was, and is the worst alkie of them, with her pathetic excuses and her psychotic deflections - she really needs in-patient therapy because she's really mentally ill, and alcohol makes it even worse. It's sad and depressing to watch these bitches anymore. Is it just me?

No...it's not just you...I AGREE 100% with everything you said!!!! Ramona's therapy session was cringeworthy...that therapist should charge her double his going rate. Luann still doing the "Countess" thing is tired and done...I thought she lost that title in the divorce? And so spot on about Sonja's launch party...they must have called up a casting agency to get some of those people there. The guy who introduced her looked like something out of "The Irishman"...he looked like a low level soldier in the Gambino crime family. And Leah...just wait until Dorinda turns on her...that will be must see TV. Her realtionship with her mother is just infantile. Her mom seems rigid and unlikable. that "meal"  her mother was eating was atrocious. Dorinda continues to be a mean drunk...honestly, she's really off the charts nosediving into an abyss of alcohol fueled anger and rage. This franchise needs a total overhaul.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I will add Ramoanarrhea to her list of nicknames.

I agree with everyone who has said this episode was blah.  The only moment I liked was the camera showing (again) Sonja stuffing her face at her party.

I can tell you from having lived in the Berkshires that Dorinda is probably strongly disliked there by merchants and their staffs. Nat King Cole's widow Maria lived there and everyone cringed when they saw her Rolls cruising into Stockbridge.  Everyone said she was not a nice person and avoided her if at all possible.

As for those pants, I bet the minute she left the shop where she bought them, they said there goes another stupid American. Probably told her that they were vintage Marianne Faithful.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

There is something very wrong with Ramona. She is flawed deep, deep down in to her soul. Her therapist needs to roll up his sleeves and get serious with her. Does she really think she's all that? Just because she's 63 and doesn't look it that doesn't mean she looks 25, either. A respectable 50-55 year old, yes. She doesn't look any younger than Sonja, LuAnn or Dorinda so she really needs to get over herself. Aside from that, her thinking about everything is so off.  I honestly don't know how Mario stayed married to her for 20 years.

While I agree that there's definitely something wrong with Ramona, her thinking that she's the shit (no pun intended) isn't the issue, at least to me. I hate that she doesn't know how to carry herself, and she's way past the age where it's acceptable to be a mess. I can't stand that she has 0 filter (I will never forget how she embarrassed the shit out of a young woman she interviewed and made comments about her skin years ago) and that she's entitled AF.  I don't know how she made it through life acting the way she does, or how Mario put up with her for 20 years, or how she has friends (50!Close!Girlfriends!). But the sociology minor in me likes to learn people's stories, so when she had a conversation with Bethenny last season about how tumultuous her home life was growing up, my guess is that she was rarely, if ever, told that she was worthy and beautiful, so she puts on the coquette act with men. I'm sure she felt some kind of way when Mario cheated. You know she comes from the generation that told women that if their men cheated on them, it must've be something that they did or didn't do. She obviously doesn't really feel desirable, so she dials it up 11. I think the majority of these therapist sessions on TV are bullshit, but I did appreciate that she called out her flirtatiousness as the front that it is and that she's looking for someone she can be herself with. I don't know if this is show therapy or if she really does go in real life, but it's more than I can say for Dorinda. Dorinda should be in therapy so much that her ass leaves an imprint on the couch.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The only person complaining about the wine was Ramona. Wine snob is now being added to my list of things she is a snob about. 
Friend snob. Label snob. Food snob. One of those I can do no wrong snobs who oops craps on the floor. Literally. 

I'd never be able to deal with her in real life, even if I usually enjoy her antics on TV and stick up for her in fights with shrews like Bethenny and Dorinda or unstable, crass loon-balls like Leah. 

My main issue with her snobbery is that it doesn't come from an authentic place. She reminds me of that UES woman Carrie Bradshaw verbally filleted to Big at the no-brown-food party: "It's like she's consciously trying to cultivate an eccentricity so that people won't notice that she's completely devoid of personality."

The thing is, Ramona does have personality. But this hoighty-toity BS distracts from all positive aspects of it. 

I am, in all honesty, so bored by this season. I want to enjoy it but there are no stakes. There's no organic storyline grabbing me. I can't even remember what is going on week to week. Watching Dorinda rage isn't entertaining. I don't take Sonja seriously as a "businesswoman" and never will. It's sad when I feel I can say Lu works harder than all of them. I miss Tinsley. I wish we could take trips to see her life in Chicago with Scott. 

What does Ramona do now? We used to see her working. Is she retired? Don't blame her if so, she probably invested well and was smart with her money, but I just feel like we've lost the show these days. Most of the drama is coming from Dorinda, and all I see is drunken anger. That's not a plot line. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Ramona's therapy session was cringeworthy...that therapist should charge her double his going rate.

I agree, but I'm going on the assumption that what we saw was a very small snippet of the entire conversation.  I certainly hope they did some actual soul-searching rather than discussing her dating life!

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think someone compared Dorinda's pants to the Conner couch? 

I knew I had seen those somewhere else!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

What's wrong with rice cakes and steamed broccoli?  It probably was a snack but one can fill up on vegetables 

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

And I'm soooo over watching three alcoholics make fools of themselves on TV. Sonja is delusional and lives part time in an alternate reality where she is still Lady of the Manor - it always creeps out when she's drunk. Leah is an out of control drunk when she takes any alcohol, and acts like a petulant drunk 16 year old who is in need of being grounded by her parents. And DUHrinda, who is not entertaining and never was, and is the worst alkie of them, with her pathetic excuses and her psychotic deflections - she really needs in-patient therapy because she's really mentally ill, and alcohol makes it even worse. It's sad and depressing to watch these bitches anymore. Is it just me?

That's true.  Every time these women drink to excess, they get in trouble, and that means......maybe they shouldn't drink AT ALL because they don't seem to know what "in excess" means.

What's bad about this show is Sonja, Dorinda and Leah's behavior is shown as laughable, cute funny, not serious.  When they're on WWHL, Andy Cohen is laughing with them.  Sad, because a lot of these tales don't end well.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorinda gaslights you until you give up ... I will say this again she is just like an abusive spouse ... and these woman are so scared of her they are backing down ... that’s fucked up 

Bring in Bethenny for one day.  She will take care of Dorinda just like she took care of John with her words at Dorindas bra party.  She’ll squash them both in one swat, right to the ground.  Dorinda and John are both like gangsters and belong together.  They both are POS’s.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I can't stand that she has 0 filter (I will never forget how she embarrassed the shit out of a young woman she interviewed and made comments about her skin years ago), and that she's entitled AF.  I don't know how she made it through life acting the way she does, or how Mario put up with her for 20 years, or how she has friends (50!Close!Girlfriends!). But the sociology minor in me likes to learn people's stories, so when she had a conversation with Bethenny last season about how tumultuous her home life was growing up, my guess is that she was rarely, if ever told that she was worthy and beautiful, so she puts on the coquette act with men. I'm sure she felt some kind of way when Mario cheated. You know she comes from the generation that told women that if their men cheated on them, it must've be something that they did or didn't do. She obviously doesn't really feel desirable, so she dials it up 11. I think the majority of these therapist sessions on TV are bullshit, but I did appreciate that she called out her flirtatiousness as the front that it is and that she's looking for someone she can be herself with. I don't know if this is show therapy or if she really does go in real life, but it's more than I can say for Dorinda. Dorinda should be in therapy so much that her ass leaves an imprint on the couch.

The very first RHoNY episode I watched was that episode with Ramona conducting interviews.  I still remember calling the friend who had insisted I needed to be watching this show and asking, "Who the fuck is this asshole?!?"  Since then I've seen and read enough to make me think Ramona is probably one of the more "damaged by the past" individuals on this particular franchise.  I think the reason I give her somewhat of a break on her behavior compared to some of the others is that I haven't seen her usually being deliberately cruel and nasty.  Most of her moments come from having her head too far up her own ass. She doesn't generally come across as having a target she is determined to destroy.  Dorinda is horrendous but at least one knows what to expect.  Luann and Sonja are the worst in my eyes because they say one thing to people's faces and then tear them down behind their backs.  They always seem to be duplicitous and egocentric, taking rather than giving. Are those two ever seen being generous or sincerely caring in any way?  Even when Luann was talking to Dorinda in this episode it was mainly looking for Dorinda to say she was wrong about her accusations regarding her and not out of concern for Dorinda. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Thank Kris Jenner for that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Dorinda and John are both like gangsters and belong together.  They both are POS’s.

Geez!  Dorinda I can understand but what did John do?  Seriously, fill me in here.  I can't recall him involved in anything in the show that would elicit this kind of response.  Did I miss something big?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Geez!  Dorinda I can understand but what did John do?  Seriously, fill me in here.  I can't recall him involved in anything in the show that would elicit this kind of response.  Did I miss something big?

I remember John being pretty bad on past seasons.  With how he treated Ramona, I believe.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

murder dog trash panda meme.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Apparently, you did miss something.  I liked John also until I watched how he ripped Bethenny up about her business out of nowhere.  The episode when Dorinda had her Bra party.  He was vicious, and shocking and not the gentleman everyone thinks he is.  It’s on Hulu now, maybe around season 7 or 8 or somewhere around there.  Actually, it’s on You- Tube, Season 8.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think someone compared Dorinda's pants to the Conner couch?  It's shocking how apt that comparison was.

Here's a million tweets and pictures of them if you're interested 😄

https://twitter.com/search?q=dorinda pants&src=typed_query

ASHISH-Cropped-sequined-georgette-pants-Dorinda-the-real-housewives-of-new-york.jpg

040318_rosanne_web_0.jpg

Those pants were $1800 when she probably bought them and $500+ on sale now - a brand called Ashish that’s obviously too fancy for the likes of me.  She drops a lot on clothes!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I remember John being pretty bad on past seasons.  With how he treated Ramona, I believe.  

I know why John and Dorinda's behavior didn't stick from that episode.  Rey!  He, and the fact that we learned he had been with Luann in Ibiza overshadowed everything else for me.  Very few people to root for in this group. Out of all the regular cast who have also appeared in numerous seasons about the only two who haven't shown themselves to be despicable are Tinsley and Heather, who despite having their own quirks, did not come off as shitty people. 

• Love 12

One thing I noticed about Ramona is when she is on WWHL or a reunion. She owns her bad behavior and apologizes for a lot of shit. It kind of disarms everyone that’s ready to have a go at her. I don’t think Dorinda will act any different at the reunion than she has all season.

• Love 7

Those pants Dorinda was wearing was the ugliest piece of clothing I have ever seen a howife wear on any franchise I watch (NY, BH, OC). And that is a pretty high bar to clear. They made her ass look enormous, and she looked at least 3 sizes bigger than she likely is. They say the camera adds 10 lbs? Grandma's afghan throw - especially in bedazzled form - adds 30 lbs, easily. 

As others have wondered, how did Leah come up with the name "Married to the Mob"? Such a strange name. A couple of weeks ago she was wearing a peach sweat shirt with mttm on the front. I owned an identical sweat shirt in the 90s but with a different logo. I see nothing original or interesting about her clothing, and the name is a turn off for me.

I feel sorry for Leah's mother - Leah must be exhausting to have as a daughter. Poor Bunny will have by now seen that Leah really is out of control when she drinks. I am sure she is mortified for her granddaughter. 

I am gobsmacked that Dorinda thinks anyone would envy her life. Why would Ramona, or any of the howives for that matter? I certainly don't envy her - I'd take my life over Dorinda's any day of the week. No contest. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I'd never be able to deal with her in real life, even if I usually enjoy her antics on TV and stick up for her in fights with shrews like Bethenny and Dorinda or unstable, crass loon-balls like Leah. 

My main issue with her snobbery is that it doesn't come from an authentic place. She reminds me of that UES woman Carrie Bradshaw verbally filleted to Big at the no-brown-food party: "It's like she's consciously trying to cultivate an eccentricity so that people won't notice that she's completely devoid of personality."

The thing is, Ramona does have personality. But this hoighty-toity BS distracts from all positive aspects of it. 

I am, in all honesty, so bored by this season. I want to enjoy it but there are no stakes. There's no organic storyline grabbing me. I can't even remember what is going on week to week. Watching Dorinda rage isn't entertaining. I don't take Sonja seriously as a "businesswoman" and never will. It's sad when I feel I can say Lu works harder than all of them. I miss Tinsley. I wish we could take trips to see her life in Chicago with Scott. 

What does Ramona do now? We used to see her working. Is she retired? Don't blame her if so, she probably invested well and was smart with her money, but I just feel like we've lost the show these days. Most of the drama is coming from Dorinda, and all I see is drunken anger. That's not a plot line. 

What’s the opinion here.  Do posters think Dorinda will be fired or not?  I’m sure Bravo can see viewers have left because of her.  

• Love 5