Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: 21st Century Sonja

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh man, I will never live down how grating Luann’s cabaret coach/manager person’s speaking voice is.  When he said he couldn’t be there because he was having a winter wonderland party on Fire Island, I wept for all of the people who would be subjected to that voice between Manhattan and Fire Island.  What annoys me perhaps the most is that this is under his control and he chooses it.  He doesn’t have a speech impediment.  It’s just a giggly, gravelly mumble that could be improved with one diction lesson.  

Maybe Sonja skipped the rehearsal because she wanted to avoid that voice. 

Did Leah threaten to walk if they didn’t mention her stupid clothing line or something?  We heard about it once at the beginning of the season, and it was discussed last episode and ad nauseam this episode.  I find it less interesting than Skinny Girl, which is only slightly less boring than watching paint dry.  

I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this—Dorinda and Leah are the same person in different forms—they both feel personally wronged if their every action is not met with unconditional acceptance. 

Why do these women get so psycho whenever they get a microphone in their hands?  I’ve said before that I think all five of these women are suffering from mental illness to one extent or the other—the insufferable Carole was the last cast member who seemed sane—but the microphone makes it worse by a factor of five.  

They all, except Luann, whose necklace didn’t work for me, looked pretty horrific at Sonja’s party.  Dorinda was nothing to write home about.  Sonja looked lumpier than usual, which is tough, Ramona was wearing lingerie that she shouldn’t even wear in the privacy of her own home it is so unflattering, and Leah was just a fashion no with the cut out shoulders that were the same color as her skin and the boots that came up higher than the hem of the dress.  Very frumpy all around.  A very disappointing fashion turn-out.  And their personalities ain’t making up for it.  

Well, that just about sums about everything about the "Sonja by Sonja Morgan" (by way of Alibaba or Ali Express) clothing line!!  🙂 

It looked like a lot of cheaply made sequined "disco" wear from the 80's and boring, cheap knits.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

Hey Ramona!  I used to know a woman who frequently shit on herself and didn’t know when it was going to happen.  Unfortunately, she died of cirrhosis of the liver.  Just saying....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

First, I was surprised that Ramona wasn’t drinking Pinot Grigio. Then, of course she had to be the worst about the red wine.  That wine is too old for me?!  What does that even mean?!  Also, you are sitting outside in Mexico.  That wine is gonna warm up just fine on its own, you don’t need to cup the glass you weirdo.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

Leah's newest talking head is giving me lots of Marge Simpson in her Chanel suit trying to get in with the country club crowd vibes. I'll take it over the Deee-Lite inspired pizza-in-The-Sims-graphics red and yellow dealio.

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

That wine is too old for me?!  What does that even mean?!

I could be wrong but since she also mentioned that it had already been opened I thought she meant that it had been sitting around uncorked for too long.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

I could be wrong but since she also mentioned that it had already been opened I thought she meant that it had been sitting around uncorked for too long.

Yes, she reminded me of a friend who sends everything back at a restaurant and none of the wine is right (but she takes a few gulps before she says that).

Another friend said that she told her once that her food had probably been spit in numerous times.

When we went to hibachi one night, I wondered how she would send food back since it was cooked in front of her. She was fine with the food and surprisingly her drinks that night.

• LOL 7

Honestly, I thought Ramona was bitching about the red wine because it was COLD.  I must have missed the part where she thought it was too OLD.  And seriously, that's hysterical to think about!

Miss I LOVE PINOT GRIGIO..... What was she thinking drinking RED wine??

And I'm dying over the "fecal incontinence" and "loose asshole" comments!  You guys are killing me!!

Edited by goofygirl
LMAO!!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Luann is so beautiful she doesn't realize that she doesn't need to pile on the makeup in her THs.  She's naturally beautiful; for her less is more.

I have major mother issues and even I think Leah's mother is pretty bad.  Don't tell your kids you don't like them.  Jesus.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

So, apparently Dorinda feels she has "paid" for the right to treat anyone in this group in any way that she pleases?  I'll be sure to remember that the next time I see anyone who I have entertained in my home or given the time of day and expect them to willingly accept and forgive any shitty thing I decide to do or say to them.  

I'd like to place Sonja right there next to her.  She'll happily take from Ramona, act like she's her friend, but then stab her in the back over and over when she's with other people or in her talking heads. 

agree with everything you said x 1000

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wait the last we saw she was screaming at Sonja that you will NEVER be in my show! I don’t want you in MY show .... 

yes, but that only lasted one night.  The next morning all was forgiven and they were BFF’s again cause, you know, “drinking”

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

"You have anger issues!", says the woman who hurled a glass of wine at Kristen and actually drew blood a few seasons back.  True, Dorinda has an anger problem, but at least she hasn't gotten physical with anyone......yet!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Hasn’t Ramoner has vaginal rejuvenation? Maybe they can try it in her butthole next time. 

Too risky.  Someone could get hurt with all the shit flying out of there all the time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Well, that just about sums about everything about the "Sonja by Sonja Morgan" (by way of Alibaba or Ali Express) clothing line!!  🙂 

Give me She by Sheree any day!  🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

First, I was surprised that Ramona wasn’t drinking Pinot Grigio. Then, of course she had to be the worst about the red wine.  That wine is too old for me?! 

Wasn’t her tagline several years ago, “Like a foine wine, I get better with time”? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Geez those clothes were not flattering. Is Century 21 like Forever 21? I’m only familiar with it thanks to The Carrie Diaries.

In fact something was really off with how they were lit in this evening’s episode. Even LuAnn, who usually looks amazing, reminded me of Samantha in SATC after the extreme peel (or whatever it was). 

And was that Tito’s they were lugging into the party? First time I’ve seen that logo blurred on any Bravo show. Are they finally embarrassed to be associated with these shows?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, swankie said:

"You have anger issues!", says the woman who hurled a glass of wine at Kristen and actually drew blood a few seasons back.

That glass was plastic! You cannot possibly hurt anyone with plastic! 😂🤣😂🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, GussieK said:

The owner of Century 21 was vewy vewy pwoud of Sonja. Paging Baba Wawa. 

I guess I was alone in liking Dorinda’s granny square pants. They were kind of cool. 

I loved them too. I am not one who fully gets FAS-SHUN all the time but those pants made sense to me as fashion. When she said she got them in London they made even more sense. They were definitely a love them or hate them, you get it or you don't piece.  For once, for some reason, I got it with those pants!!

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Honestly, I thought Ramona was bitching about the red wine because it was COLD.  I must have missed the part where she thought it was too OLD.  And seriously, that's hysterical to think about!

She complained because it was old and cold.   I think that the Noodle had just recently discovered Google.  I heard her say "I love this Google," or something to that effect.  Yes, Ramona, welcome to the information super highway!  

I still hate the way Dorinda laughs in Ramona's face about her fake crying, etc.  It's just rude.  I think that Ramona really does care about her, so there's no need to be so condescending to Ramona about it.  Ramona needs to back away from the entire 'anger' issue and let the chips fall where they may.  That's one friendship she might need to walk away from.   LuAnn needs to quit trying to make sense with Dorinda too.  It's a losing battle.   

• Love 24
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

There is no point in going to therapy if you aren’t going to be honest with your feelings.  We know deep down Ramona hates being alone.  People that really feel secure don’t go around saying how popular, youthful, beautiful and wonderful they are.  They don’t feel the need to.

Most authentic people that are things and do things, don't feel the need to constantly pay those things lip service.

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, talk about it.

• Love 8

After last week, I stopped watching this show and BH. I’m down to just Potomac now. It was just too much shrieking, drunkenness and mean girls for me. Reviewing the comments here, it doesn’t look like I missed too much. 

Does anyone know when they’ll air the reunion and if was done in person? I’ll probably check that out. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 12

I'm guessing there is/has been more to Leah's MTTM clothing line than we were shown last night.  Sweatshirts with "MTTM" silkscreened across the chest doesn't seem like a sustainable business model for a line like this, but then again, I've been wrong like 27 times already this morning.

I realize that Nike et al have made billions just doing it, but Leah, you're no Nike.

9 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

it doesn’t look like I missed too much. 

You missed the opportunity to burn 42 minutes out of your life, or thereabouts.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

would poor that bottle of wine over Ramona’s head.

Ramona's an asshole. I kind of love that Dorinda is turning Ramona's fake TV crying back on her.

Ramona poops on the floor, then runs to the bathroom while carefully exposing the top of one breast, flashing a come-hither glance at the camera. And I would give anything to have seen a thought bubble over her psychologist's head as she flounced and vamped on his couch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

After last week, I stopped watching this show and BH. I’m down to just Potomac now. It was just too much shrieking, drunkenness and mean girls for me. Reviewing the comments here, it doesn’t look like I missed too much. 

Does anyone know when they’ll air the reunion and if was done in person? I’ll probably check that out. 

I stopped BH also I am still holding on to this show and Potomac right now is the only one that I can still watch without wanting to throw something into the tv lol

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm guessing there is/has been more to Leah's MTTM clothing line than we were shown last night.  Sweatshirts with "MTTM" silkscreened across the chest doesn't seem like a sustainable business model for a line like this, but then again, I've been wrong like 27 times already this morning.

I realize that Nike et al have made billions just doing it, but Leah, you're no Nike.

You missed the opportunity to burn 42 minutes out of your life, or thereabouts.

I switched between the convention and basketball.  I just can’t deal with another episode of abusive drunk Dorinda, ridiculous Ramona, out of place Leah, and delusional Sonja.   I can take Luanne when she’s being fun and the voice of reason.  

This business with Dorinda is just gross.  She gets worse every year.  Next week we get to see her abuse John (please let us find out that he dumped her ass and not vice versa).  

Start from scratch or bring back Bethenny.  And even though she bugged the shot out of me, Jill would be a good foil for Dorinda.  Jill doesn’t drink, speaks her mind and hasn’t been arrested.  She is also a widow (although I’m sure Dorinda can find a way to one up her regardless).  

• Love 22

Leah said her clothing line is only available online, not in stores. So, how does she generate sales? Does she have ads like the ones we see here on the boards? Are we supposed to know, by instinct, what MTTM on a random sweatshirt means? Had anyone here heard of her line before she appeared on the show? I'm just wondering how she thought she was going to make a billion dollars a year and afford her pink private jet with limited to no marketing or distribution, let alone stay afloat. 

• Love 22
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this—Dorinda and Leah are the same person in different forms—they both feel personally wronged if their every action is not met with unconditional acceptance. 

THIS! I have someone in my life that is exactly like this. I couldn’t define the problem until I read this post. This person’s behavior is awful and mean but she gets away with it. Add they are victims too. Constantly feeling slighted. Whew! I feel so much better and can cancel that online therapy appointment now.

When is Leah going to grow up and stop wanting her mother’s approval? It is self centered. Went to the Married to the Mob website. It is stuck in adolescent clothing expected of Leah.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Leah said her clothing line is only available online, not in stores. So, how does she generate sales? Does she have ads like the ones we see here on the boards? Are we supposed to know, by instinct, what MTTM on a random sweatshirt means? Had anyone here heard of her line before she appeared on the show? I'm just wondering how she thought she was going to make a billion dollars a year and afford her pink private jet with limited to no marketing or distribution, let alone stay afloat. 

Leah has terrible fashion sense imo. She reminds me of Ramona, whose style, I hate. They don’t have taste or style, if that makes sense. They dress to their antics, Ramona,since day one on this show, has always dressed like what she thought a sexy ingenue dresses like. She’s never hit that marK. Frankly Ramona is prettiest to me in her bikinis and minimal fuss.

leahs the same way. She would fit in better with the love and hip hop crowd. They buy pricey, trendy fast fashion. Except I think

Leah is old enough in my opinion,wants to be a designer, so why is she such a trendy mess most of the time. Plenty of younger women trend it up in their 30’s but by then they have added their own touch to it. Leah never has a touch to her looks. The clothes wear her. 

When u watch the older seasons, pay attention to Bethany and Luann’s style. Luann tacks  up her look with too much sometimes but both her and Bethany’s style holds up the best. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Never heard of her or MTTM prior to her joining the show.  And like I’ve said before, what I’ve seen of her line, it’s nothing that I couldn’t make on my Cricut.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Why would anyone buy a sweatshirt with an unknown logo for an inflated price when you can get that same manufactured sweatshirt without MTTM ironed on for much less? 

I loved how Leah said there was going to be a fit model coming in then she holds up a large size sweatshirt as if tailoring has to be done to the garment!!  And those tee shirt companies she mentioned said they want to work with them, um, yeah they want to sell their plain tee's to MTTM so then Leah can have her logo added, those tee shirt companies are selling product, they care not what happens to them after.

I also think Leah uses a shared work space, that office is awfully large for an online only biz that may not get much traffic.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Every time she mentions Married to the mob the first thing I think of is  the  old Matthew Modine and Michelle Pfeiffer movie LOL ... Online only is a really hard sell because unless you have a dedicated customer then you are gonna get lost in the shuffle of all the other brands out there ... She is banking on this show giving her label the free publicity that will help her generate sales

• Love 22

I visited Leah’s online store and was shocked by how basic the clothing is. There are no fashions just t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants. They look like something I would see at any Wal-mart. The writing on the shirts IS not clever or even unique. I now get why she’s on the show. She needs an audience for her brand. I find it hard to believe she sells enough to eek out a living in NYC.

• Love 23

I just cannot get over how rude they are to the staff. They continue yelling at each other and flapping and waving arms about in the  air while wait staff are attempting to clear the table. It’s so rude. The words ‘thank you’ once in a while would be nice. Still, at least these gals eat.....

Dorit spends hours and hours getting her hair coiffured to sit down at a breakfast table,  whereas Sonja shows up at her fancy dancy clothing launch with bed head. Looked like she’d just got up.

Dorinda is horrible. And I don’t think it’s for the cameras or grabbing the spotlight or for a storyline. In fact I don’t think the producers of RHONY bother much with storylines, they ply them with free alcohol and let rip.  There’s no hope for Dorinda, she goes off on a vicious sarcastic ridden rampage whenever she feels the least bit slighted.  It’s not fun to watch. She thinks she’s entitled to behave this way I guess.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Leah’s problem in light stems from what her mother is eating right now. Who in the holy hell enjoys that as a meal? A psychopath, that’s who. 

Who still eats rice cakes? Why bother eating? Steamed broccoli is gross. At least roast it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11