Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Drawing The Line

• Start Topic

Larissa faces her final court date; Elizabeth deals with the aftermath of Andrei's blow up; Asuelu finally stands his ground; Colt worries his relationship is over; Michael's family is concerned that Angela is not a suitable wife for him.

Airs August 16, 2020.

• Love 1

Still can't grasp the twisted logic that Andrei is the one at fault for the craziness at the dinner table.

What's wrong with Karine? The footage where she's wandering away and doesn't want to talk to anyone?  I think at the tell all the doctor diagnosed it as pregnancy psychosis.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

One thing that you can say about Angela’s that’s actually positive.  She’s honest with him about what she’s willing to do and not willing to do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I tried watching the sneak peak, but fell asleep. I thought Tania had the most obnoxious friends, but Syngin’s friends take the cake.

You didn't miss much, the last 15 minutes was a sneak peek for Darcey and Stacey's new show. Yawn. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I tried watching the sneak peak, but fell asleep. I thought Tania had the most obnoxious friends, but Syngin’s friends take the cake. 

Did Angela show up to throw it in their faces, then stomp off yelling "I am DONE!"???

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t be think Paul and Karine should be on the show. They both obviously have mental problems and it’s cruel to exploit them. 

I wonder how long they’ve lived in that house? It’s already a messy, fly ridden hovel and baby Pierre doesn’t even have a proper place to sleep.  

We can't do spoilers here, but they were only in that one for about a month. This is just speculation, but I think that place was just temporary and used for a storyline while their actual house was getting ready. Similarly to David and Annie living in that old fire station. Or was it a storage facility? I can't remember.

I feel sorry for Aseulu. His family is awful. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Similarly to David and Annie living in that old fire station. Or was it a storage facility? I can't remember.

It was both. They moved from the fire station apartment into the storage facility upstairs when David got a job in the office there. 

6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I feel sorry for Aseulu. His family is awful. 

I lost count. How many family members were in that house when Asuelu went to see his mother? There were kids everywhere! 

• Love 4
On 8/12/2020 at 6:53 AM, charmed1 said:

How much "BRU!!!" and back slapping can we take?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

This talk about the wedding reminds me, where is Angela’s friend who is flying in to be her required American witness? 

That's so last season.

• LOL 23

The least they could have brought him was a Samoa baseball cap and canned Samoan corned beef! I had to laugh when Asuelu said, “In Samoa culture, we take gifts when we go visit people” like it was some novel idea. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

So Mother Paul shows up promising "rice and beans", which can be a hearty, delicious, nutritious meal and it is always a thoughtful gesture to cook for parents of a young child and pulls out a plastic grocery bag which appeared to contain one can of beans and maybe half a pound of rice. Then she enters her child's bug infested, trash filled shack in a trailer park full of trailers most of which look like they maybe should be thrown in a landfill and then she speculates with her unemployed son she won't even allow in her own home that his wife may be unhappy. Yeah, I think she might be.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 9:57 AM, magemaud said:

You didn't miss much, the last 15 minutes was a sneak peek for Darcey and Stacey's new show. Yawn. 

• I will not be sucked in.
Edited by Kayz Opinion
Unworkable merge
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
On 8/12/2020 at 9:37 AM, Kid said:

One thing that you can say about Angela’s that’s actually positive.  She’s honest with him about what she’s willing to do and not willing to do.

She’s honest with him about what she’s willing to do and not willing to doAnd what she AIN'T GONNA DO!  Hell no!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

I have instructed my husband NOT to let me watch the show so now every time that stupid Twinsation commercial comes on TV, he reminds me "No! You're not watching!" I kept my promise to myself that I wouldn't watch "The Family Chantal" although I admit to occasionally reading the fabulous snark about it here and will probably do the same with the Darcey show. 

edited to add: I think they're counting on a big audience by sandwiching the new show between HEA and PT. I must remember to turn my TV off for that hour. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I have instructed my husband NOT to let me watch the show so now every time that stupid Twinsation commercial comes on TV, he reminds me "No! You're not watching!" I kept my promise to myself that I wouldn't watch "The Family Chantal" although I admit to occasionally reading the fabulous snark about it here and will probably do the same with the Darcey show. 

edited to add: I think they're counting on a big audience by sandwiching the new show between HEA and PT. I must remember to turn my TV off for that hour. 

Record something from PBS/Masterpiece Theater.  It will cleanse your brain in preparation for PT.

I'm with all of you here who will NOT watch the Silva Sisters.  I've never watched one second of the Family Chantal, nor do I read their thread here.  I have standards.  They're low, but I do have them.  And SS and FC are both too low class for me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Record something from PBS/Masterpiece Theater.  It will cleanse your brain in preparation for PT.

Yes, so many conflicts on Sunday nights! At least now maybe I can squeeze in something more high brow that I previously had to tape in the middle of the night like "Downton Abbey" "Poldark" "The Durrells..." "Victoria" or "Call the Midwife." Off topic, but my new obsession to watch is "A Place to Call Home" on Acorn TV. SO good! Quite a palate cleanser from the 90 Day franchise! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Make him say..."and neither is KAY!"   I did the same for The Family Chantal.  It sucks to think of the piles of cash these numbskulls are raking in!  I haven't seen their snark; better try to stay away.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yes, so many conflicts on Sunday nights! At least now maybe I can squeeze in something more high brow that I previously had to tape in the middle of the night like "Downton Abbey" "Poldark" "The Durrells..." "Victoria" or "Call the Midwife." Off topic, but my new obsession to watch is "A Place to Call Home" on Acorn TV. SO good! Quite a palate cleanser from the 90 Day franchise! 

I watched "A Place to Call Home," and actually stuck with it through all seasons on PBS...Maybe 2013-2018.  It was a bit soap-opera-y for me, but a gay male friend/former classmate (since 1954) highly recommended it.  He's usually an entertainment snob, but he was head over heels about this series. I soon learned why.  I enjoyed it and all the shenanigans.  Loved and miss "The Durrells."   I love all the British series on PBS, although Beecham House measured up only in beautiful scenery, people, and costumes...and the elephant.  

• Love 2

I left the Darcey duo on because I was too lazy to change it and one of them said something like she “stuck her head in the lion’s den“.  Wow. Think that show is going to go the way of sMothered - ignored completely at all costs for sanity purposes.   

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does anyone else think it was a shame that when Syngin and Tania go to visit the brother they did not take anything to him, no offer of grocery shopping for him, not even bringing him lunch or a baseball hat from the US, nothing? They knew he was having mobility issues and yet they did not think to ask if he needed anything.

Are you insinuating that Tania and Syngin are self-absorbed and self-centered?   😉  He certainly is happy back home...

Asuelo’s family is the antithesis of every Samoan I’ve known and loved. They’re brutal. I gave him points for taking a hike mid-visit.  It’s painful to watch this What Have You Done for Me Lately crew.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Sunday Night Football is my Sunday evening jam!!  But will it be on this fall????

9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm with all of you here who will NOT watch the Silva Sisters. 

Nope, I am out.  "I am a strong woman" "I deserve love" "Where is my prince?"  "Good for you, Darce"  followed by crying.  Pass.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does anyone else think it was a shame that when Syngin and Tania go to visit the brother they did not take anything to him, no offer of grocery shopping for him, not even bringing him lunch or a baseball hat from the US, nothing? They knew he was having mobility issues and yet they did not think to ask if he needed anything.

3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Are you insinuating that Tania and Syngin are self-absorbed and self-centered?   😉  He certainly is happy back home...

The whole premise of their trip to South Africa was to visit him.  They spent very little time with him, and they compared his life-threatening event to Tania's injury.  Then they leave his apartment.  Worse, Syngin's entire family, including Tania and Syngin, are staying at an AirBnB, while incapacitated Bru is alone in his apartment without assistance, and he's excluded from all their activities (Tania's bonding with the women and Syngin's bingeing with his non-blood brus).  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Kareem said:

Asuelo’s family is the antithesis of every Samoan I’ve known and loved. They’re brutal.

So...the sisters were Asuelo's half-sisters.  Were they full sisters to each other?  I'm trying to figure out how many husbands that Kissin' Mama has buried.  Is she on the lam?  SHE is a scary one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

The first episode is available on the TLC website  😈

9 hours ago, Kangatush said:

The first episode is available on the TLC website  😈

Thanks, but hard pass. Being subjected to the Preview several times this week was more than enough for me. Enough of their tale of woe about not being pretty and popular in high school. Whoever nicknamed them "Troll dolls" was spot on. I don't believe for a minute they were big tennis players. (Maybe they could play doubles with Stephanie-Who-Has-an-Illness and Mean Girl Heather) I can see them as the type who go to their high school reunion as D list celebrities and expect everyone to envy their success and apologize for treating them badly. 

I did laugh when Stacey said she was "sticking her head in the lion's den" but then when I realized she meant that TOM was going to be back on the Sharp payroll, that clinched it for me.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

So...the sisters were Asuelo's half-sisters.  Were they full sisters to each other?  I'm trying to figure out how many husbands that Kissin' Mama has buried. 

I think Asuelu said something about the Washington sisters having the same mother but a different father (singular.) I believe Asuelu's father and other full siblings are still in Samoa and Daddy might also have more children with another woman.  Apparently after Kissin' Mom and he divorced she moved to American Samoa and had children with at least one other man including the ones who were in WA. And there could also be step-siblings involved from any of the combinations. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4

I think the Washington State sisters (Rose, and whatever her name is) are half sisters to Asuelu, by the mother, and they're from American Samoa.  There's another half sister through his mother that's in Utah, but I don't know if she was at the meeting at the food court or not, and she's from American Samoa too.    The mother is Samoan, and is living with the sister in Washington state, and has a green card.  I've read the mother goes back and forth to Samoa every six months or so.  

If Angela really needs a U.S. citizen witness, I bet someone local, like the camera crew and producers are U.S., at least someone on the crew is.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

However, it's been my observation that sometimes the "We'll be praying for you" is what you tell someone who has not cooperated in attempts to try to find a job or respect boundaries.  As a former church board member and office volunteer, it was eye-opening to see how many people were unwilling to do even odd jobs offered by the church to make some money.  Lots of folks just wanted handouts, not "handups."  

I can't get past the fact that he set fire to his parents' home in an attempt at insurance fraud.  At that point, praying is a lot safer than taking him back into the home.  I think that the fact she talks to him at all is commendable, but I 100% agree with the boundaries she has set.  

Bottom line . . . Paul appears to have problems that DO require professional intervention, but he doesn't seem to have the comprehension needed to address those problems or seek the intervention.

I feel that, I agree. In my life experience "I am praying for you" can mean I am praying for you, or I don't want to get my hands dirty giving you practical advice I am going to look away but virtue signaling helpful some vague prayer assistance. Karine needs an advocate navigating the US health system if she is in crisis-- not Mother Pole's prayer alone. Her health is on the line and baby. Screw Pole he can pound sand. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I feel that, I agree. In my life experience "I am praying for you" can mean I am praying for you, or I don't want to get my hands dirty giving you practical advice I am going to look away but virtue signaling helpful some vague prayer assistance. Karine needs an advocate navigating the US health system if she is in crisis-- not Mother Pole's prayer alone. Her health is on the line and baby. Screw Pole he can pound sand. 

We are officially in 100% agreement!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's another half sister through his mother that's in Utah, but I don't know if she was at the meeting at the food court or not, and she's from American Samoa too.

Just Rosa and the Tammy were at the food court but there were a ton of people at the house when Asuelu went alone to bring Mom her gifts. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Just Rosa and the Tammy were at the food court but there were a ton of people at the house when Asuelu went alone to bring Mom her gifts. 

Rosa and Tammy were at the food truck pod, and they brought their children.  But, when Mother Asuelo stood up and said, "I'm done," the children somehow disappeared.  One of them did manage to follow them out.  But, the other ones may have been abandoned there or at Pioneer Square!

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Or the classic, "In our culture family is important," like oh, your culture is the one that family is important because the rest of us other culture people don't give a rip about our families.  I really hate when someone says that, it's so stupid like the rest of us are like black widow spiders, mate and kill!

Well, I need to go unlock a closet, get my mom out and feed ger stale bread and water.  Then head to my aunt and uncle's house, turn off the A/C on this heat and deprive them of water and food.

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

For all of the talk about Angie being beyond child bearing age, did anyone ever think that maybe Michael just could possibly be sterile too? It does happen in men. He may never have his baby, even with someone else. There is no guarantee.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, magemaud said:

Not yawn for me.  Enlightening.  Disturbing.

I'm sure their high school years were rough.  They were by any objective standards unattractive, and since they were twins, I'm thinking they could just cling to each other instead of being forced to try to get a crew going. 

I think the way they are now has everything to do with that, and the last thing they need is to be "stars," or really, get any attention for anything related to their looks.  They need serious psychological help.  They've tried for some time to be reality TV stars, and someone with a conscience needs to stop them.  Everyone else has blood on their hands, and I feel good about not being one of them. 

It's really quite sad.

• Love 5

This is the only 90 day show I watch.  NO to any of the others, especially this new Darcy and Marcy show.

I can't even tolerate the ads for that Smothered crap.  That mother who licks her kids face?  She would be kicked across the room with hopefully a total loss of teeth if that were me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4