Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Drawing The Line

• Start Topic

On 8/19/2020 at 7:02 PM, John M said:

OK, as a younger person I am afraid I am going to have to explain this, perhaps in too much detail…

Thanks for explaining this John. The only part I found weird was that you felt you had to self-identify as "young." 😉

• Love 1

In the entire Libby/Andrei segments I just feel so bad for Andre’s parents. They worked to hard to be hospitable and provide a nice meal and everyone else (Andrei, Libby and Libby’s fam) acted a damn fool. What is wrong with people??

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

In the entire Libby/Andrei segments I just feel so bad for Andre’s parents. They worked to hard to be hospitable and provide a nice meal and everyone else (Andrei, Libby and Libby’s fam) acted a damn fool

I agree.  They seem like kind down-to-earth people.  I DO think that Andrei was probably a difficult kid--maybe even a petty criminial and they KNOW why he left Moldova.  They're probably embarrassed at all this bad attention.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, hoosiermommy said:

Well, banks are in it to make money. They aren’t really interested in your personal life as long as you make payments. If Andrei and Libby wanted that kind of transaction, they should have borrowed from a bank. Every other institution that give you money (friends, family, the mob, the other mob—the government) use money as power and your indebtedness as leverage.

Chuck and Charlie are jerks. They’d have less power over Andrei if Andrei hadn’t taken their money. Sadly, Andrei is just now realizing this.

If I were Chuck, my check and myself, would be on the next plane back to ‘Merica. I wouldn’t give money to someone who treated me so shabbily. 

And this is also not excusing the ugliness and smugness and general obnoxiousness of father and son.

Chuck likes to be the martyr and to be in charge, so he's happy to keep disbursing the checks.  And, if Andrei did anything too terrible before he came to the US, wouldn't he have had problems getting a visa like Jon and Ronald?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, readheaded said:

Chuck likes to be the martyr and to be in charge, so he's happy to keep disbursing the checks.  And, if Andrei did anything too terrible before he came to the US, wouldn't he have had problems getting a visa like Jon and Ronald?

He hadn't been caught (arrested/charged)?  YET?  

On 8/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, readheaded said:

That’s a good point. I doubt that Andrei did anything bad. I do think he,Chuck Charlie are all birds of a feather. Lib loves the drama.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, hoosiermommy said:

That’s a good point. I doubt that Andrei did anything bad. I do think he,Chuck Charlie are all birds of a feather. Lib loves the drama.

Yep; Libby picked a husband just like the men in her family of origin.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Squishy Tomato said:

Sorry I am 2 months late to the party - we are soooo behind in the Netherlands! 

Just wanted to say I was convinced debbie was going to ram the luggage trolley into Jess and Colt at the airport when they were doing their lengthy goodbye kisses.

I enjoyed my travels in Amsterdam, what I wouldn't do for a pancake or stroop waffle or those french fries with that yummy sauce! You are so lucky to be there and not in Brazil, no chance of running in to Mother Debbie and Colt, he is not into Dutch women he has a thing for Brazilian girls.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I enjoyed my travels in Amsterdam, what I wouldn't do for a pancake or stroop waffle or those french fries with that yummy sauce! You are so lucky to be there and not in Brazil, no chance of running in to Mother Debbie and Colt, he is not into Dutch women he has a thing for Brazilian girls.

Aww thanks, indeed it is nice here, although I don't go to Amsterdam much as it's kind of dirty and full of tourists 😁 I'm actually considering a relocation to the US for my job and 90DF is my source of education about American culture 🤣🤣🤣🤣 (seriously though, I hope most people are closer to the ones on this forum than on the TV)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Squishy Tomato said:

Aww thanks, indeed it is nice here, although I don't go to Amsterdam much as it's kind of dirty and full of tourists 😁 I'm actually considering a relocation to the US for my job and 90DF is my source of education about American culture 🤣🤣🤣🤣 (seriously though, I hope most people are closer to the ones on this forum than on the TV)

It depends on where you settle.  Some places are kind of dirty and full of tourists.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Just kidding around . . . that whatever country we've visited, we found places similar to how you describe Amsterdam.   🙂

Sure, I've lived in London for a few years and I decided I prefer not to have black bogies when I blow my nose. I also like to walk quickly which can be a challenge in crowded places...

• Love 2
On 11/1/2020 at 8:07 AM, Squishy Tomato said:

We're not!!  WE'RE NOT!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, AZChristian said:

Fixed it for ya.  LOL.

Omg she is so obnoxious. 

On 8/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

I agree.  They seem like kind down-to-earth people.  I DO think that Andrei was probably a difficult kid--maybe even a petty criminial and they KNOW why he left Moldova.  They're probably embarrassed at all this bad attention.

I agree about him.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, Squishy Tomato said:

I am waaaaaay too late to react on this but couldn't resist: don't forgot "we" have Jesse. Now all the sweet and great forum members here, think that Dutch people: don't know how to cut meat on the biases,  don't want to fold a pizza, are thrilled by seeing goats, can have great monologues with a 80+ audience etc.

With the risk that almost nobody will read this, I remain,

😁😁😁

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse
Some typos
  • LOL 2