Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Drawing The Line

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Or the classic, "In our culture family is important," like oh, your culture is the one that family is important because the rest of us other culture people don't give a rip about our families.  I really hate when someone says that, it's so stupid like the rest of us are like black widow spiders, mate and kill!

There is a stereotype that Americans care more about themselves than their families.  I remember a  scene in "Crazy Rich Asians" where the boyfriend's mom is talking to his girlfriend.  She reminds her that she is Chinese and the mother says, "You're Chinese AMERICAN."  Meaning because she's American she only cares about herself and what she wants.

On the other hand there's idiot Libby who tells her husband "you have to make nice with MY FAMILY."  That makes zero sense because Andrei is Libby's family too, but I don't think she gets that.

Asuelu's sister was spot on when she told her brother "the only reason you're with Kalani is because she got pregnant."  Very true.  And Asuelu was correct to leave that house. 

As for Paul and his mom.  Sometimes the only thing you can do is pray for somebody.  If someone is an adult, there really isn't much that you can do. You can't force someone to get sober, you can't force someone to get help, even if they need it.  We don't live in a nanny state.   The bottom line is that Paul and Karine are adults.

As for Darcey and Stacey, they need to lose the blonde weaves, they both look better as brunettes. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Angela is a racist piece of shit garbage. 

She doesn't want a husband, she wants a slave.

Angela knows that Michael is a young man and she can't have children with him.  BUT Angela doesn't want him to go with another woman to have a child, she doesn't want to do anything for him (cook, clean, anything, she wants him to do it all).  She wants him to watch her grandchildren.  She keeps saying "I'm NOT a Nigerian woman."  Heifer, please from what I've seen, Nigerian woman are head and shoulders above Angela Trashbag.

Yep, totally agree. It's sickening how Angela enjoys laughing and cuckolding him, especially in front of his family. 

She's giving Michael all the heads-up he needs to what awaits him in Boonfuck, Georgia. And watch out for the nasty fireworks when he even slightly veers from the exact multiple orders she left him. It won't surprise me if the sweet grands, looking for mee-maw's approval, tell on him as soon as Ang's car pulls up to the house. Better that good ol' Michael get the wrath of god-Angela than any one of them. Will he become the proverbial narcissist's supply?

Mother Zied had the right idea about her son becoming a white woman's slave, and I'm sure it's crossed Mother Michael's mind too. But I remember from last season his family were quite adamant that they should marry asap and have Michael emigrate (?immigrate) to the USA. Mother Michael needs to get her priorities in order, grandchild vs American harvested dollars. Michael needs to think long and hard about the same. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
On 8/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, Kayz Opinion said:

I thought SHE was Michael's penis warmer.

Again, I was eating.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Angela is a racist piece of shit garbage. 

She doesn't want a husband, she wants a slave.

Angela knows that Michael is a young man and she can't have children with him.  BUT Angela doesn't want him to go with another woman to have a child, she doesn't want to do anything for him (cook, clean, anything, she wants him to do it all).  She wants him to watch her grandchildren.  She keeps saying "I'm NOT a Nigerian woman."  Heifer, please from what I've seen, Nigerian woman are head and shoulders above Angela Trashbag.

This!  She made it clear he is to cook for her, no talking to other women let alone TALK to one, watch the grandkids, no job except talking to HER 24/7.   Nigerian women are portrayed as kind, RESPECTFUL and tolerant of other's voews.  Can't say that about Angela.  If I have to hear her "I am NOT a Nigerian woman!" rant once more........

• Love 18
On 8/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I actually LOVED Syngin's brus. For some reason they really made me LOL w/their banter- the one with the glasses busting him for his belly and the mustachio'd one's cracks were a lot to take in. I enjoyed their antics.

Paul's mother is one strange ranger "Well, I'll pray for ya Paul." then Paul says that there is nothing that he can really do. Maybe just maybe he never learned an active friggin coping skill from his mother in a practical action life form besides prayer. Yes I said it.  Prayer  is good & all but in my opinion and I do get to have one, is not a substitute for health care, managing boundaries and behaviors and a JOB/career. I think Paul's mother is indoctrinated in the church and probably by a controlling patriarchal hierarchy in her home. Like maybe she can only slip one can of beans and rice into her grocery bill without Father's wrath. Just a hunch.

I will never understand why father Chuck and Brother asshole aren't held accountable for acting like absolute jerks at that table LIBBY! 

She bought the dog food and paid for his meal at the restaurant so she doesn’t seem restricted to me.  Mother Pole is probably torn between wanting to make sure the baby is ok and refusing to be sucked in to Pole’s mooching ways as much as she can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't understand Libby.

Why does she call her dad and brother "her family" as if Andrei isn't.  Andrei is her HUSBAND and she has a CHILD with him.  He's her family as well.

I agree!  Sure I love my sibs but my hubs and kids are my priority!

3 hours ago, Cherrio said:

This is the only 90 day show I watch.  NO to any of the others, especially this new Darcy and Marcy show.

I can't even tolerate the ads for that Smothered crap.  That mother who licks her kids face?  She would be kicked across the room with hopefully a total loss of teeth if that were me.

I am having a hard time with Happily Ever After - Colt, Larrisa, Jess and Eric-ee can all go away.  Eric is a TERRIBLE actor.  Paul and Karine - take your unbathed selves back to your hoarded hovel and leave the baby with people who really care about him and eacah other.

Was Paul really going to burn down a house for insurance money?  Did I miss that?  I thought I just read it.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Was Paul really going to burn down a house for insurance money?  Did I miss that?  I thought I just read it.  

He wasn't just "going to" . . . he DID.  

From the "Reality Blurb" website:  "However according to Kentucky public criminal records, Paul was found guilty of felony arson in 2014. He apparently committed the actual crime of second-degree arson and “burning Personal Property To Defraud Insurer' back in 2007.  For some reason, he wasn’t convicted until seven years later."

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

He wasn't just "going to" . . . he DID.  

From the "Reality Blurb" website:  "However according to Kentucky public criminal records, Paul was found guilty of felony arson in 2014. He apparently committed the actual crime of second-degree arson and “burning Personal Property To Defraud Insurer' back in 2007.  For some reason, he wasn’t convicted until seven years later."

Oh wow - was it his parent's house or a house that he owned?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh wow - was it his parent's house or a house that he owned?

As I read the article a little closer, it says "personal property" . . . maybe he set fire to his car.  IDK for sure.

Back in the day when I worked in a car insurance company, it was not uncommon for people who couldn't afford their car payments to take the car out in the desert, set fire to it, then call the insurance company and say the car was stolen to collect the insurance money (hopefully more than they owed the finance company, who got first dibs).  Maybe that's the case.  I don't know details.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, 12momine said:

She bought the dog food and paid for his meal at the restaurant so she doesn’t seem restricted to me.  Mother Pole is probably torn between wanting to make sure the baby is ok and refusing to be sucked in to Pole’s mooching ways as much as she can.

Excellent point. I wonder if production comps or the store does for the free PR. Thats a good ? For an IG live w the cast. If that happens. She should not enable him w those dogs he has no business owning them they deserve a better owner and he should be sacrificing for his family. 

• Love 10

This show gives you nothing.  One minute everything is in shambles, the next morning, everything is fine.  Larissa thinks who she is. She comes here leaving kids behind, gets married, starts trouble with the law, gets arrested, gets out and mooches off people, spends money she doesn’t have, and now loves  Erikeee again.  I hope they deport her.  Angela is right.  Here in America everyone is equal.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Christina said:

LARISSA IS NASTY TO THE CORE and needs to take responsibility for her actions. She also really needs to stop the cosmetic procedures. She disgusts me at the level of Leida.

And stop with her Tik Tok (or whatever they are) videos.

• Love 1

Watching the episode now on DVR.

I've gotta say...I dig Syngin's friends. They may be a bit of a mess, but they could be the most likeable (and good TV) amongst any of the main cast members' friends in this show's history.

• Love 10

Ugh. Colt is super unattractive & unappealing. I don’t buy any of his ‘relationships’ and all his ‘scenes’ seem so fake, Debbie’s too. Please TLC, let this season be the last we see of them. Ditto for Karine/Paul, Asuelu/Kalani, Michael/Angela, Syngin/Tania, Andrei/Libby (also fake & ‘acted’ - badly) and Larissa. This season is just ugly in all ways, sad, and depressing. Not even fun to hate watch & a waste of two hours of my life. I’m out. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 15

The situation with Andrei and Libby really bugged me.  I always feel that in a relationship each person is responsible for drawing Boundaries with their own family.. Andrei was not as polite and kind as he could have been, he was drunk, he was angry, he was tired of being interrogated and treated poorly by these people.  Libby’s family instigated this, they were rude at that meal, they have been snobby and rude for NO REASON and really have been the whole time.  Andrei should apologize for overreacting and for getting too drunk and for not being a gracious host.

BUt...Libby’s family are the epitome of the ugly Americans that are truly embarrassing.

Also, after they’ve been married a couple of years and have a child it’s a little too late to think that if she backs out of the second wedding, or they somehow stall or in some way mess up this second wedding that the first one will be less binding, significant or whatever....I just think that while Andrei is not correct it is 100% Libby’s responsibility to tell her family that their rude behavior and the condescending comments stop now.  These people truly believe that no one can be happy or have a good life if they aren’t American....or something...it’s just an awful look formUS citizens to act like that.

Asuelu’s family.....just cut ties son...just walk away...when they want to be respectful to your wife and caring about your children start a new dialogue. Until that time..see ya later...

did I see Pole sort of run....yay. The only thing I ever need to see from this coupling.  There are so many issues.  That baby needs to get far far away from all of them...ALL OF THEM

COltee and company..fake as Larissas lying face.  She should be deported. Debbie should move to a retirement condo. Coltee should get lots of counseling. Eric should go back to pumping gas or waiting tables or whatever wanna be actors do...he’s not good at this craft..,and never will be. Jess is a mess...the whole situation is just overacted, fake and stupideeee......oh, and fake...did I mention it’s all so fake?!?!?!

Angela is brazen and honest and all kinds of things...if he wants her he can have her...but can we move on. It’s the same every time. He says please don’t yell..she bellows...he looks defeated.  She is as red as a beet...repeat.......

I forgot Tania and Syngin...for the love of god..stay there..keep her there too if you can (we don’t really want her)  but he should stay there.  He’s not happy here. He’s not ready to be married. 

Edited by Medsed
  • Love 23

Angie and Mykull: Lather, rinse, repeat. Same old 'I'm done' every single time he says something she doesn't like. The marriage bureau doesn't really care who is compatible or not. All they have to do is sign the paperwork. Anyone can get married for whatever reason. Mykull must really want to get to the US by hitching his star to Angela's wagon, er, aig. Aunt Lydia is a voice of reason and maturity - Angela is not going to change and Michael faces a life of slavery under Ange's roof. And no kids. Unless he has a secret side piece or second wife. End it, enjoy the relationship for the dysfunctional mess it was, and set him free. There are many more suitable American partners for him. Why he chooses to stay, for the Green Card, is ridiculous.

Syngin and Tania: Yep, Syngin, it is good to be home. Tania's controlling ways were evident when you first met her, but the lightbulb did not go on, or if it did, you were under the lust spell. You married a stranger. No, the 90 day visa has nothing to do if you wish to decide to marry the person - it's to plan the wedding and set up house in the US. American life is good that you have gained around 30 lbs., you are semi-miserable, and long for your former life. Well, ya made your bed and now you lay in it. Marry in haste, repent at leisure. Right now, the only thing going for you is that you do not yet have a kid on the way.

Pole and Karine: Nice to see him running again. Nothing his mother can do for him except be there with the broom to help sweep up the pieces. She cannot keep enabling her son. He is old enough to fix his own problems and maybe take a job that he doesn't like for a while to put food on the table. His wife is very unhappy - he should be taking her to a Portuguese speaking doctor to get her any physical and mental help she needs.

Libby and Andrei: The apology tour has begun. All the half-drunk parties need to suck it up and apologize. I did not like Libby's father criticizing Andrei's parents' home. It may not be as grand as the houses in Tampa, but it is their home, be it on his humble opinion. They made you a nice welcome dinner - all in that small space. That modest home in 'the projects' is filled with more love and heart than your empty slum houses. Ugly behaviour from them. Libby should grow a backbone and tell them that. No, they can all fly home and skip the second wedding. Ugh.

Asuelu and Kalani: Sucks to be at that point in your adult life when you realize that your parents aren't gods, and that they will take care of you and love you unconditionally. You find out that they are just people with their own stuff and projections and crap to throw at you under the guise of 'family'.  Hard to realize that your mother only cares for you when she gets money from you. A gift is nice, and the corned beef will make a nice lunch or dinner, but the $1000 will go a long way towards her shopping. Surprised she didn't pull up the fact that she was in labour with him for 38 hours and that he owes her. Yeah, Asuelu is only with Kalani because she got knocked up. He would be better off back in Samoa making no money to send to mom. Maybe he will finally turn the cog in his brain that recognizes that his family doesn't care and that he needs to be a part of his own family now.

Larissa and Ericee: Go back to Brazil, Larissa. The money you spent on your face could have paid for rent and other stuff for over 6 months. Coltee was cheapee and Ericee is also cheapee. No idea what Ericee sees in you except TV exposure. Your only interest is what he can buy for you.

Coltee and Jess and Debbie: Debbie's guaranteed plan was foiled! She looked really miserable at the airport thinking Coltee was going to propose to the little unwanted hussy.  She'd be another problem like Larissa. No woman gets between her and her son. Debs, let your son go and make whatever screwups he needs to do so in order to make good relationship choices. The fact is, he doesn't. He is superficial and just as gaslighting as you. Wonder if you ever did find a Walmart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, Medsed said:

The situation with Andrei and Libby really bugged me.  I always feel that in a relationship each person is responsible for drawing Boundaries with their own family.. Andrei was not as polite and kind as he could have been, he was drunk, he was angry, he was tired of being interrogated and treated poorly by these people.  Libby’s family instigated this, they were rude at that meal, they have been snobby and rude for NO REASON and really have been the whole time.  Andrei should apologize for overreacting and for getting too drunk and for not being a gracious host.

BUt...Libby’s family are the epitome of the ugly Americans that are truly embarrassing.

Also, after they’ve been married a couple of years and have a child it’s a little too late to think that if she backs out of the second wedding, or they somehow stall or in some way mess up this second wedding that the first one will be less binding, significant or whatever....I just think that while Andrei is not correct it is 100% Libby’s responsibility to tell her family that their rude behavior and the condescending comments stop now.  These people truly believe that no one can be happy or have a good life if they aren’t American....or something...it’s just an awful look formUS citizens to act like that.

Asuelu’s family.....just cut ties son...just walk away...when they want to be respectful to your wife and caring about your children start a new dialogue. Until that time..see ya later...

did I see Pole sort of run....yay. The only thing I ever need to see from this coupling.  There are so many issues.  That baby needs to get far far away from all of them...ALL OF THEM

COltee and company..fake as Larissas lying face.  She should be deported. Debbie should move to a retirement condo. Coltee should get lots of counseling. Eric should go back to pumping gas or waiting tables or whatever wanna be actors do...he’s not good at this craft..,and never will be. Jess is a mess...the whole situation is just overacted, fake and stupideeee......oh, and fake...did I mention it’s all so fake?!?!?!

Angela is brazen and honest and all kinds of things...if he wants her he can have her...but can we move on. It’s the same every time. He says please don’t yell..she bellows...he looks defeated.  She is as red as a beet...repeat.......

I forgot Tania and Syngin...for the love of god..stay there..keep her there too if you can (we don’t really want her)  but he should stay there.  He’s not happy here. He’s not ready to be married. 

While I totally agree on Andrei/Libby, Andrei should have never basically demanded that her dad pay for this second wedding.  In the beginning when he still had savings left, he acted all proud and like he wouldn't accept her dad's help for anything ever, and once that changed and he put his hand out, he shouldn't be surprised that her dad thinks he has the right to be in his business 

I like Andrei but he's got some weird entitlement issues he needs to work on.

Oh, and Libby's brother can shut all the way up. 

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, RealReality said:

chuck, Charlie and almost all of family Libby are absolute garbage people.  I wouldn't choose to be around them either. 

And next week, her nasty sister Jen arrives and vows to get Andrei drunk to “get the real truth.” Libby would be better off without this ugly crew “in her corner.”  She always sides with her awful family and — like all of them — can never genuinely accept an apology & let something go. It’s always “Yeah, OK, but you didn’t apologize for the right thing, to the right people, at the right time.”

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Asuelu's family is greedy and bat shit crazy.  I am starting to understand why Low didn't want Kalani to marry a Samoan man.  He knows his people.

I feel bad for Asuelu tbh — he was genuinely upset and neither his mother NOR Kalani gave a fuck. Oh, Kalani gave it lip service in a TH as a way to attack his mother’s unfeeling ways, but she didn’t try to comfort him — just sat there with a smirk. Why do I have the feeling she told Asuelu they were going to be homeless (convenient & exploitative to have the tent city nearby as a visual aid!) & their kids would die? Gaslighting. Cruel & manipulative of someone who doesn’t truly seem to grasp adult life. He’s childish & developmentally stunted & she uses that IMO.  Also: WTF with the goat farm excursion? There’s more to do in Portland than to bother some poor woman and her goats (“try to control the chasing, please!”) on a cold, damp Oregon day.  Side note: Asuelu’s mom obviously had the $$$ for ‘extras’ like a nice manicure. 

Not a fun show or nice (or even entertaining) people. I’m flouncing off now — IM DONE! 

Edited by ChiMama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

You guys!  America is so divided right now, but I'm so glad we can all agree that Family Libby are gross, ugly Americans (and as I've said previously, Tampa Trash).  There is hope for us to heal!  LOLOLOL

Where to start...I feel like shit was uncomfortable this episode all around.

Asuelo's family are just a bunch of assholes. I totally agree with Kahlani's TH at the farm. How can his mother watch her son get emotional and cry, and she's like "oh, don't cry, but, like, bruh, hand that money over, motherfucker?"  Kahlani is showing a lot of restraint in biting her tongue and being respectful to that old witch and her hag daughters.  Aseulo also made me proud/sad in the prior scene when he went to house alone with the gifts.  They are all so out of line.  So the sister's logic is 1) you married an American and she ain't giving us shit, so fuck her and 2) if she wasn't pregnant, you wouldn't have married her, so we are your real family and she just trapped you.  That makes such little sense to me. They miss when Asuelo had no responsibilities and was easily controlled. You could see the discomfort on his brother in law's face and the poor kids who are just trying to play jenga.  Based on what Asuelo said in the episode prior, them asking for money is their pattern.  Gross, useless ppl.

Angela is a mean bitch.  I personally agree that submission to my husband isn't for me, so I married someone who didn't hold that as a value.  It seems that she wants this man and a culture who holds a different value with zero willingness to flex.  Also, the submission piece has nothing to do with basic respect.  Michael's auntie is VERY astute:  Angela doesn't want to be equal to Michael, she wants to rule him and make him her nanny and sex object (penis warmer?!  the fuck) in the States.  And I suppose all that would be fine if he's down, except that Angela keeps embarrassing both of them in front of important members of Michael's life. It's abusive the way she is alienating him from ppl.   All the points to auntie Michael for being respectful, making her points, and cutting Angela down to size, while NEVER sacrificing her dignity to lowly MAGAngela.  That's how it is done!

They were total dude bros, but that meeting up with his homies is the happiest I've seen Syngin on this show.  He obviously knows that he has made a real mistake with marrying Tania so quickly.  Lest we forget, it wasn't even 90 days b/c of her little Costa Rica trip for a 1/3 of the time.  Does it surprise anyone that she and he had a drunken night that she/he parlayed into moving in, and Tania started bossing the roomies around?  That's SO on brand for her.  I think he likes his drink, but I would imagine that the ill conceived marriage is driving him to excess drink and eating. 

Debbie/Colt...And Jess.  Honestly, they should have just ended it at the airport b/c you know this is going to crash and burn.  The convo in the car explains EVERYTHING about the Colt-Debbie-Other Female dynamic better than anything I've seen:  Colt follows his teeny weeny shriveled little to a Brazilian Woman usually based on weird sex stuff and cats > Debbie doesn't like it b/c that's her man > Colt and the Woman are a trainwreck b/c both parties are nuts > Debbie plays the simpletons like a fiddle to sow the seeds of discontent > Colt lies to the woman about something b/c that's a major part of who he is, as he doesn't face accountability for his actions > Woman finds out and gets pissed at the little bitch & they fight > Colt gaslights and plays the victim that the "crazy" Woman overreacted (if in American, that includes calling the cops) > Debbie gaslights the Woman that her perfect boy is perfect > Colt and Debbie commiserate on how great they are and shit on the Woman's existence > Woman is left or leaves finally when Debbie and Colt have done their damage.  Rise, lather, repeat.  Until Debbie decides whomever is right for her moobed boy, this will always be the pattern.  We've now seen some version of this twice.

Larissa and her beard are so boring.  I was more interested in the omelet making than their discussion.  Larissa takes little to no responsibility for her actions, as usual. 

Look, Libby needs to grow the fuck up.  She's raising a daughter and needs to do better:  Andrei needs to apologize for his boorish behavior, and Charlie and Chuck need to apologize for their boorish behavior.  I actually don't blame them for wanting the know more about Andrei's past (b/c you know there is something there), but Jesus, have a little more finesse in how you go about getting the info.  Or, even better, have a real discussion with Andrei and make the environment one that makes it okay for him to be vulnerable. Her playing both sides at all times is all about self preservation.  I will say that Andrei's behavior toward Libby when he was really drunk was bad...like, they need to get some help if this is normal (and it seemed a little too routine for both of them). 

ETA:  Totally forgot about Paul and Karrine.  I have no idea what happened, but:  Karrine?  You in danger, girl.  Get your ass and your kid back to Brazil.  Stat!

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Angela doesn't want to be equal to Michael, she wants to rule him and make him her nanny and sex object (penis warmer?!  the fuck) in the States.  And I suppose all that would be fine if he's down, except that Angela keeps embarrassing both of them in front of important members of Michael's life. It's abusive the way she is alienating him from ppl. 

This. Yes - Angela keeps embarrassing both herself and Micheal with her behavior. It's significant that Michael asked her specifically not to get upset before the encounter w/ the counselor and (I think) w/ the aunt. And what does she do? She gets upset, storms off... then returns unexpectedly to continue to argue w/ Michael in front of the aunt. The aunt looked like, "What the hell...?"

Angela doesn't want a 50/50 relationship. She wants a 70/30 relationship with herself in control. And the aunt said something that I think is significant. She is a white woman from the U.S. What happens when she is in America  -- in the South, Georgia, FFS -- and she insists on being the boss? Don't tell me she's not aware of how much power a white woman has versus a black man, in the American south. There -- I said it. And Angela knows this. 

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Eric is a TERRIBLE actor. 

Eric-ee is hilarious.  Because he's gay and trying to portray what he thinks a straight man acts like, he probably took some acting lessons (in Las Vegas!).  Now he gestures-gestures-gestures...usually both hands match.  How long will we have to watch his pathetic attempts?  Roommate David-ee, some to the rescue; cause some commotion.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 3:53 AM, charmed1 said:

I thought Tania had the most obnoxious friends, but Syngin’s friends take the cake. 

I  L-O-V-E Syngin's friends.  This shows the us a little of the nice life he had...New Zealand young free spirits.  It seems that Tania went home with Syngin...in most cases a one-night stand, but she stayed for two months.  Two months where SHE was as bossy two two strangers (his long-time good friends/roommates) in another country as she was/is to Syngin et al in America.  She's never going to have a happy life as long as she tries to live with others--and control them.

• Love 12
On 8/13/2020 at 12:23 PM, KateHearts said:

How much "BRU!!!" and back slapping can we take?

For me...more, much more.  They were happy to see each other--they made ME happy.  It's obvious they've been friends a long time.  Syngin needed some happy attention--something more than constant belittling and criticism.  How much can we take?  I've been listening Angela demean and scream at anyone/everyone and be the most embarrassing American abroad.  A-Broad!  Anything's better.

• Love 8
On 8/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Karine needs an advocate navigating the US health system if she is in crisis-

I continue to hope that someone in the crew will call for help (even anonymously).  This stuff happens months before we ever see it.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, magemaud said:

Apparently after Kissin' Mom and he divorced she moved to American Samoa and had children with at least one other man including the ones who were in WA. And there could also be step-siblings involved from any of the combinations. 

And this, ladies and germs, is how to produce many (many!) checkbooks--I mean, children, push them to the U.S. of A. and require that they send money to you in Samoa.  Just for good measure, travel here every six months to strong-arm them all.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Medsed said:

“Stupideee” ... I’m dying, hahahaha.  I hate the whole bunch!  Two hours wasted.  Same ole shit.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

There is a stereotype that Americans care more about themselves than their families.  I remember a  scene in "Crazy Rich Asians" where the boyfriend's mom is talking to his girlfriend.  She reminds her that she is Chinese and the mother says, "You're Chinese AMERICAN."  Meaning because she's American she only cares about herself and what she wants.

On the other hand there's idiot Libby who tells her husband "you have to make nice with MY FAMILY."  That makes zero sense because Andrei is Libby's family too, but I don't think she gets that.

Asuelu's sister was spot on when she told her brother "the only reason you're with Kalani is because she got pregnant."  Very true.  And Asuelu was correct to leave that house. 

As for Paul and his mom.  Sometimes the only thing you can do is pray for somebody.  If someone is an adult, there really isn't much that you can do. You can't force someone to get sober, you can't force someone to get help, even if they need it.  We don't live in a nanny state.   The bottom line is that Paul and Karine are adults.

As for Darcey and Stacey, they need to lose the blonde weaves, they both look better as brunettes. 

I think Andre is a jerk. I have no idea what she ever saw in him. 

Asuela's family are money grubbers.  Foreigners seem to think that their kids come over here that they deserve money to be sent back. It's nuts.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Gobi said:

That's so last season.

No,  Angela's friend is supposed to fly in for the wedding.

1 hour ago, Kayz Opinion said:

And this, ladies and germs, is how to produce many (many!) checkbooks--I mean, children, push them to the U.S. of A. and require that they send money to you in Samoa.  Just for good measure, travel here every six months to strong-arm them all.

If the mother can afford to fly back-and-forth from Samoa, then she has enough money to live on.

• Love 9

What size bra does cold wear?  And I hate Debbie. That is his real Wife. She's not that old and last season she cried at the thought that she would have to move and be away from him. It's a sick relationship. As much as I don't like cold, Debbie's the reason he is the way he is. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, antfitz said:

And I hate Debbie. That is his real Wife. She's not that old and last season she cried at the thought that she would have to move and be away from him. It's a sick relationship.

I had to laugh at Jess's look on her face when Debbie blurted out, in the back seat: "O.K., we have to talk about last night." 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Chuck and Charlie are trash people.  Its like they are the prototypical ugly American from central casting.....right down to the unnecessary USA hat.  Yeah, because anyone is going to think these two assholes are from anywhere other than America.  

Thank you for saying it they are, right down to the hat, everything Moldova  imagines Americans to be. Dad boasts, demands and flexes and brother interjects a YEAH once in a while. I hate them more than mother Debbie. 

• Love 20

It's official. This show sucks. Every couple has the same scene, same conversation, every stupid week. Michael and Angela find someone else to go have a culture clash is. Libby's family doesn't trust Andrei, now the sisters will show up and they'll have the exact same "WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN IRELAND" conversation. Colt and his aspiring actress girlfriend have another inexplicable fight as if Colt is anyone's object of sexual desire, or anyone would argue with someone else over him. Paul and Karinee live in squalor (Paul, you have too many flies in here!" was the most harrowing line of the night). Larissa and her gay roomate pretend they have a history. Asuelu and Kalani go someplace and argue with someone about s=ending money. It sucks, it's the same every stupid week, but here I am!

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, nb360 said:

I had to laugh at Jess's look on her face when Debbie blurted out, in the back seat: "O.K., we have to talk about last night." 

She might as well have said "Because that's what the script says to do." That farewell scene was the fakest so far in a season of fakery. Neither one of them was sad to see the other go. 

• Love 10

Here we have Mah-kul's Aunt telling Angela that she has to be submissive and to be more of a Nigerian woman and we have Angela screeching about how she is an Amurican and she will do what she wants.  So in reality we have Angela who earns all the money, will pay for the K1 and will orchestrate their lives, etc...but she is being told that she will have to defer all marital decisions to someone who brings nothing to the table and has never had to make decisions about anything.  Very conservative Mother Michael is fine with Angela paying for the apartment where her son is living in sin and is not ashamed that her son lives off Angela.

On the other hand we have Angela emasculating Mah-kul at every turn, she made him stop driving Uber, (ok, he got a BJ for giving a ride to a female so yeah, not good), Angela wanted him available 24/7 to talk on the phone at all times, (stupid, right?), she demands he bend to her every whim, don't talk back, cook, clean...basically be submissive to her, but she is all the while screaming about how she is equal to a man, to a man she will not let be equal to her.

Just my two cents.

• Love 11

When Aselu went to see his Mom and sisters whose kids where all those. If those are his sisters do they have husbands sending money back to Samoa?

His Mom and that one bitchy sister do not seem to understand you cannot get blood from a turnip. The act like they are rolling in money and hiding it, they are truly vile.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Here we have Mah-kul's Aunt telling Angela that she has to be submissive and to be more of a Nigerian woman and we have Angela screeching about how she is an Amurican and she will do what she wants.  So in reality we have Angela who earns all the money, will pay for the K1 and will orchestrate their lives, etc...but she is being told that she will have to defer all marital decisions to someone who brings nothing to the table and has never had to make decisions about anything.  Very conservative Mother Michael is fine with Angela paying for the apartment where her son is living in sin and is not ashamed that her son lives off Angela.

On the other hand we have Angela emasculating Mah-kul at every turn, she made him stop driving Uber, (ok, he got a BJ for giving a ride to a female so yeah, not good), Angela wanted him available 24/7 to talk on the phone at all times, (stupid, right?), she demands he bend to her every whim, don't talk back, cook, clean...basically be submissive to her, but she is all the while screaming about how she is equal to a man, to a man she will not let be equal to her.

Just my two cents.

This is all true, but no one told Angela she HAD to marry someone whose culture dictated all these significant philosophical differences (also, TLC is paying for the apartment out of production budget, I'm certain of it, as Angela does not likely have the financial or any other sort of wherewithal to secure an international short term rental apartment. How many phone calls would that take? She's caring for her dying mom in home hospice and six grandchildren, NIgeria is at least six time zones different). 

My point is she can also just grin, nod, and say sure, then tell Michael I'm just saying that so we can get this WEDN (ugh!) done and then when we go to America, we will just live an American life, if she wasn't just trying to be dramatic. She can always just say this isn't going to work out and skip the whole charade, too, but now she's on that TLC teat. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't understand Libby.

Why does she call her dad and brother "her family" as if Andrei isn't.  Andrei is her HUSBAND and she has a CHILD with him.  He's her family as well.

I too am a little underwhelmed by the dramatic potential in threatening lines like "If Chock and Sharlie don't apologize, then I'm not sure this second wedding is ever going to happen." YOU ARE ALREADY MARRIED AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE US. Waaaaah, you only got a free trip to MOldova out of it, not a free trip and a free party.

And please stop with this "Chuck is paying for this party" bullshit. TLC is paying. It's not coincidence that all these douchers get to go on trips even though they have no income or employment to speak of. 

2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Thank you for saying it they are, right down to the hat, everything Moldova  imagines Americans to be. Dad boasts, demands and flexes and brother interjects a YEAH once in a while. I hate them more than mother Debbie. 

For god's sake, a HAT THAT SAYS AMERICA? For real???? Who the fuck would really do that in a foreign country?

• Love 13