Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02. Safety Suite #1; Nominations #1

Lamb18
Message added by Lady Calypso

Information from the live feeds is considered a SPOILER. Our rules state that Live Feed talk does not belong in the episode threads. Please keep the discussion about what happens in the episode. 

• Start Topic

Cody and Nicole F?  Yeah, that's  Nicole's strategy again. Partner up with one guy, sit back while he plays for both of you, whine when you don't get your way. Only difference is, THIS time, you've got a guy back home, so you can't spend the entire season "cuddling" under the covers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Michichick said:

Since nobody else was playing, shouldn’t Kaysar or Janelle have saved one of their safety passes? Unless the game is something that doesn’t have a guarantee that somebody will win, I guess.

Think they didn't talk about playing at all. Just one of those impulse decisions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Kaysar talks like he's some great player or something.  If I remember both times he was on he sucked.

Unpopular opinion...not a fan of him or Janelle.  Their season was the first season I watched.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm glad Kaysar picked Janelle.

I'm a little confused about Safety. I know Kaysar cannot win Safety again, but can Janelle try again? I can't remember if Julie said you can only win once or you can only try once.

Edited by Lamb18
Autocorrect thinks I mean to say Kansas when I mean to say Kaysar.
  • Useful 1

Nicole F has a tan bumblebee look going when she wears that sweater.

Ha - Janelle looks good in that star costume. I wonder the song and punishment are intentionally connected. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Information:  I'm native born and lived all over New Jersey for 61 years.  We have plenty of Cody/Enzo type assholes, but they are a minority.  A loud and annoying minority.

I hope Kevin goes.  He went all in with evil, racist Natalie when he had a chance to do better.

Keesha was totally screwed over by Memphis (and Dan) so I hope she gets some revenge.

• Love 5

I don't really know who Janelle or Kaysar are since I didn't watch their seasons but I let out the most evil mwahahaha laugh at Cody's face when Kaysar won that comp and then saved Janelle too.

I really don't like Nicole (the blonde one). I hope she doesn't make it too far. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 12

No.  I cannot with Enzo for an entire season.  WHY does he talk like that?

I am not holding anything wonderful Kaysar says in the DR against him because it is clear he doesn’t mean any of it. 

Well there goes that dream that they would bring the wheel o’keys back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Cody: "Playing the game with real people and real emotions is difficult."

Um. As opposed to the fake people and fake emotions on your season? I mean, I'm not sure Frankie Grande is real myself, he might be constructed by some evil committee to annoy us all and bring about the End of Days but I think some of the other people in BB16 might have been real. Like... uh... you know what, I'm drawing a blank, maybe he's right.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Cody: "Playing the game with real people and real emotions is difficult."

Um. As opposed to the fake people and fake emotions on your season? I mean, I'm not sure Frankie Grande is real myself, he might be constructed by some evil committee to annoy us all and bring about the End of Days but I think some of the other people in BB16 might have been real. Like... uh... you know what, I'm drawing a blank, maybe he's right.

So nice to see you back @Callaphera  🙂 

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

WHY does he talk like that?

He thinks he's Frank Sinatra.  

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Is Enzo TRYING to look like the Unabomber?

He should be called Unazo for the rest of the season.  Clearly he has issues with displaying his hair loss, but the hood, hat and bandanna just look ridiculous.  He didn't have a full head of hair 10 years ago, is it really surprising that there's (potentially) less now? 

On the whole, most of the "older" HGs have aged really well.  Ian still looks like he's 12, only now he's 12 with a patch of gray hair.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Once Janelle saw Kaysar heading to the door, she should have stopped herself. I know she’s fiercely independent and doesn’t want to rely on anyone else to save her, but if she had saved her pass, both of them might have been safe for 2 weeks. As it is, odds are at least one of them will be nominated next week.

I hope all that bravado was just Kaysar playing for the cameras. Because if he really is feeling that cocky, I’m afraid it’s going to catch up with him, and fast. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Janelle and Kayser are my favorites from way back, so I was really dismayed to see them both get targeted in Week 1!  Fortunately, they're pro players, so they were able to see through Cody's BS and save themselves.  I just hope Kayser doesn't get too cocky and start playing badly - again.  As I remember, he had lots of chances in his 2 previous seasons, and got eliminated multiple times.

I still don't dislike anyone yet, but Kevin, STOP CRYING!  You're an All-Star, for Heaven's sake!

• Love 12

Gosh, Cody, how very inconsiderate of Kaysar and Janelle to protect themselves from being nominated. Who would have thought their goal is not "let Cody win"? Seriously, dude? And you've played before?

What is this whole Meow, Meow thing, anyhow? Is he signaling that he's a furry? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Well there goes that dream that they would bring the wheel o’keys back.

*sighs* Yes, as a big proponent of bringing back 'everyone gets a key' I was bummed to see the bluetooth wall back instead. Oh well.

I wanted to say I freakin' loved the intro with the pictures of them 'back in the day' and family pics. Well everyone except David of course... Nice touches BB!

I found it interesting that Janelle mentioned that she and Kaysar hadn't talked in 15 years. They had some awkward moments too where she seemed to not be very into it... I wonder if she thinks working together as a pair makes them even bigger targets. I further question if she was into it when she decided to go into the SafeSuite with him when they were the only two. She had literally seconds to decide though.

I didn't like Kaysar's actions or bluster in this episode. Dude it's the first noms, chill out! Also, I hope he grows back the goatee instead of the scruff, I almost didn't recongnise him when he first came in. Oh and his talk with Cody I was waiting for one of them to stand up and make a move toward the door while saying "Okay... good talk." It was really awkward.

Oh I felt so sorry for Cody when his plans were thoroughly thwarted only not. At all.

I've got mad side eye going for Nicole F with her crying over the 'you changed my life' thing with Da'Vonne.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

No.  I cannot with Enzo for an entire season.  WHY does he talk like that?

I can handle that, mostly, but I cringe every single time he says "meow meow". It doesn't seem like something a grownup should be saying. 

2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I hope all that bravado was just Kaysar playing for the cameras. Because if he really is feeling that cocky, I’m afraid it’s going to catch up with him, and fast. 

He always seems so much more serious and intense than anyone else. He needs to lighten up and have fun (but he won't). 

Only episode 2 and I suddenly realize how much I miss the excitement of getting to know new people. Like Cody, I barely remember Keesha, but suspect I won't get the chance this season. I don't remember Kevin well, and we don't really know David. But there's something missing for me right now, maybe because I watch BB more for the laughs and the psychology than for the strategy. I'm hoping this changes. I just want to be surprised. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mertensia said:

What is this whole Meow, Meow thing, anyhow? Is he signaling that he's a furry? 

LOL. He explained the origin of “meow meow” to some of the houseguests on the live feeds. I’ll put it in a spoiler tag, because it’s from the live feeds, but this is in no way a spoiler for the season. Warning, it IS a weird story, and possibly a little offensive.

Spoiler

He said one night many years ago, he and his buddies were out a bar. At the end of the night, they picked up some girls and everyone piled into the car. As they were driving, the girl Enzo was with started to fart and as a bizarre cover/ diversion, she started to meow.  So there they were, going down the road with the smell of farts and a girl going “meow meow”. And ever after, Enzo’s friends ribbed him by calling him the Meow Meow, a nickname he embraced proudly for some reason...?

I always wondered where that stupid name came from, but I can’t say I’m really better off for knowing. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Damn, I'm not even a BB fan and I just watched the episode and I was SO SAD when it was over. Sigh!  

12 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Kaysar and Janelle have good instincts!

The discussion between Kaysar and Cody was so cool.  Kaysar is like a grizzled detective.  He knew everything Cody was saying and doing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Gosh, Cody, how very inconsiderate of Kaysar and Janelle to protect themselves from being nominated. Who would have thought their goal is not "let Cody win"? Seriously, dude? And you've played before?

Did Cody actually whine and complain that K&J didn't trust him?  When he was going to put them up?  😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Janelle used to be this pure, sweet, beautiful girl with natural beauty and now she is just a face full of plastic surgeries. Why Janelle? 

Go back and watch her very first season. She has always looked overly-done.

Of course Cody targets Kaysar and Janelle on Week 1, because we cannot have nice things. The only real hope I have for this season is if Kaysar and Janelle manage to win back to back HoH's for the next several weeks. Otherwise everyone is going to fall in line with Cody and his posse like they do every season.

I don't get it, either. People like Cody know that Kaysar and Janelle was extremely popular with the fans. Shouldn't they want to work with Kaysar and Janelle so the fans will like them too? Don't they realize by targeting fan favorites they make themselves fan villains? Or are they so far up their own asses with social media they think they'll be hailed as great players?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Warning, it IS a weird story, and possibly a little offensive.

Thanks for the details. It is a little bit disturbing really... I mean it's basically the uncool 'give yourself a nickname' along the lines of Chris Williams. Enzo hasn't co-opted it as 'Call me the Meow-Meow' not Enzo so Chris is still ahead on points though.

ETA: I forgot to mention what really squicks me about that is that I can only think of when I hear him say it is Henrietta Pussycat from Mr. Rogers... as she would say, meow meow disturbing meow meow.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Lamima said:

Yeah...I think Kaysar is coming in hot...too soon.

In fairness, Kaysar's hotness enters a room several hours before Kaysar actually does. I'm 1,000+ miles from him right this second, & his hotness is in the room with me. 😉 I've waited 14 years to see Kaysar & Janelle back, Cody went from not on my radar to my #1 target. 

Poor Kevin, he really didn't do anything wrong, & I felt like he & Cody bonded in the storage room. Cody is a moron, he should've put up Ian & Nicole, as past winners, with his posse not voting Nicole. He could've slid through this week with minimal blood. Way to remind everyone who was the brain behind your duo, Moron.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Go back and watch her very first season. She has always looked overly-done.

I remember seeing a live feed clip where Janelle was talking about how April was trying to slut shame her for having breast implants while she had them herself. And yeah, Janelle at 40 looks like an expected progression of Janelle at 25. I'd never call her a natural no make up kind of beauty. She did fix her hair color and I like the ash blonde over the ultra bleach job that she had in s6 and 7.