Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E02. Safety Suite #1; Nominations #1

Lamb18
Message added by Lady Calypso

Information from the live feeds is considered a SPOILER. Our rules state that Live Feed talk does not belong in the episode threads. Please keep the discussion about what happens in the episode. 

• Start Topic

This episode really reminded me that I didn't like Kaysar very much. I'm sure production tells the players to talk things up and all, but he seemed just a bit too proud of himself for spoiling Cody's nom plans. I hope the bravado was amped up for the cameras because it wasn't a pretty look for him. It seems to me that he usually has 1 or 2 good plays in him before he screws up. I think he, no question, is a smart guy, but his record on Big Brother hasn't been the best. Pull a few more big moves and then he might have bragging rights.

Other than he & Janelle, the rest of the players seem to be playing a bit timid so far. Which isn't a bad way to play early in the game, but it made watching a little dull.

• Love 2

Okay so I am really TORN about the episode.

My heart was sinking when my two faves were being targeted. During their first season I was in that crowd that SO wanted a Kaysar/Janelle showmance that never materialized and then I was hoping they would run TAR together. I was sad when it was revealed they hadn't kept up with each other and are both married.

And yet there they were again Kaysar and Janelle against the world! I was so happy when he saved her like a white night but as said I am torn...

I see NO path forward for them beyond this week. There were too many people in that bedroom and in Cody's ear that seemed down with either one of them going home. That does not bode well. They only possible way they can last beyond week two if they start building a coalition.

Oh as for Cody its remarkable that when there are so few tools this season the biggest one gets the first HOH! Still as dumb as he was to hand Derrick the million dollars at least he had enough sense not to put some combination of Davonne, David and Bay  on the block first week.

Christmas and Nicole A reduced to non speaking roles while early evidence points to Nicole F as the season's narrator.

Anyone know if this is still going to wrap up in September or will it go into November due to the late start?

Anyway so happy to be watching and can't believe how invested I am in Kaysar and Janelle again. For the first time in 20  years I was thinking about sitting it out when I believed the rumors that Dan, Derrick, Paul and Frankie would be back. The last thing I want to do is watch people who ruined passed seasons by having a complete stranglehold on the game and Paul and Frankie are just gross.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

My heart was sinking when my two faves were being targeted. During their first season I was in that crowd that SO wanted a Kaysar/Janelle showmance that never materialized and then I was hoping they would run TAR together. I was sad when it was revealed they hadn't kept up with each other and are both married.

And yet there they were again Kaysar and Janelle against the world! I was so happy when he saved her like a white night but as said I am torn...

I see NO path forward for them beyond this week. There were too many people in that bedroom and in Cody's ear that seemed down with either one of them going home. That does not bode well. They only possible way they can last beyond week two if they start building a coalition.

Oh as for Cody its remarkable that when there are so few tools this season the biggest one gets the first HOH! Still as dumb as he was to hand Derrick the million dollars at least he had enough sense not to put some combination of Davonne, David and Bay  on the block first week.

Christmas and Nicole A reduced to non speaking roles while early evidence points to Nicole F as the season's narrator.

Anyone know if this is still going to wrap up in September or will it go into November due to the late start?

Anyway so happy to be watching and can't believe how invested I am in Kaysar and Janelle again. For the first time in 20  years I was thinking about sitting it out when I believed the rumors that Dan, Derrick, Paul and Frankie would be back. The last thing I want to do is watch people who ruined passed seasons by having a complete stranglehold on the game and Paul and Frankie are just gross.

I remember seeing that the finale is October 20-something. The 25th or the 28th. Something like that. 

• Love 1

Still as dumb as he was to hand Derrick the million dollars at least he had enough sense not to put some combination of Davonne, David and Bay  on the block first week.

Part of me can't help but wonder if production stepped in and told him he couldn't nominate any of those three on Week 1.

• Useful 2
43 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

The Safety Suite is really dumb.  If only one house guest enters it, wouldn't that house guest automatically win safety?  There would be no point in that house guest competing in anything, because he or she wouldn't be competing against anyone.

What would TPTB have done if Kaysar went in there alone?   Would Kaysar still have to compete in a music competition against no competitor?

And as has been said before, there was no point in having Janelle go in there to compete with Kaysar already going in.  Kaysar saved Janelle now, and Janelle could have saved Kaysar later if she hadn't gone into the Safety Suite.

I assume Kaysar would have to beat a certain time limit, or something similar.  there's no way the win would have been automatic.  

Or maybe they had to have  at least two people in order to compete, and we just weren't shown that part of it.  

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The Safety Suite is really dumb.  If only one house guest enters it, wouldn't that house guest automatically win safety?  There would be no point in that house guest competing in anything, because he or she wouldn't be competing against anyone.

What would TPTB have done if Kaysar went in there alone?   Would Kaysar still have to compete in a music competition against no competitor?

And as has been said before, there was no point in having Janelle go in there to compete with Kaysar already going in.  Kaysar saved Janelle now, and Janelle could have saved Kaysar later if she hadn't gone into the Safety Suite.

The way I heard it explained to me on a podcast was if Janelle had NOT gone in and Kaysar failed to "beat the clock" by not finishing the challenge in whatever the alloted time was that meant that he would lose...no safety for him or Janelle. Then in theory one of them is guaranteed to go home. By having them both in there odds increased that one could win to save the other thereby safety for BOTH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

TPTB should have made it known what would have happened if only one person entered the Safety Suite before anyone contemplated entering it.  It seems like an important thing house guests and viewers should have known beforehand.

Maybe HGs were told, but the viewers obviously weren't.  They do dumb down the show, how many times did they explain the basic aspect of the Safety Suite?  Too many.  They could easily have added that important detail in that time, knowing that it would be an issue.  If some viewers didn't understand it and needed it repeated several times that's their problem and they shouldn't be bothered with.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 1

Why does everyone love Janelle and kaysar so much?  Maybe Janelle I can see, somewhat, she has a lot of comp wins, but kaysar just seems angry and cocky and what did he ever do in the past to justify the pedestal he is on?   He didn’t do anything amazing to defeat Cody’s plan, he was given a chance with a Bb twist. What am I missing?  Why are they such fan favorites? 

Edited by Never Again
  • Love 1

The way I heard it explained to me on a podcast was if Janelle had NOT gone in and Kaysar failed to "beat the clock" by not finishing the challenge in whatever the alloted time was that meant that he would lose...no safety for him or Janelle. 

I don't think there was an allotted time, though. Whoever did it in the fastest time won. So if only one person played they were guaranteed to win even if it took them an hour. 

Why does everyone love Janelle and kaysar so much? 

I think it largely has to do with the season they were on. They were pitted against such heinous people that most fans just gravitated to them. Also, Janelle sort of defies the image she projects. She's incredibly smart and good at competitions. The fact that she sided with the "right" people made her a fan fave. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think it largely has to do with the season they were on. They were pitted against such heinous people that most fans just gravitated to them. Also, Janelle sort of defies the image she projects. She's incredibly smart and good at competitions. The fact that she sided with the "right" people made her a fan fave. 

The Cappy Cult. I do not miss them at all. Nearly made me stop watching.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

don't think there was an allotted time, though. Whoever did it in the fastest time won. So if only one person played they were guaranteed to win even if it took them an hour. 

No, the way it was explained was that, if more than one person  plays, the fastest time wins. If ONE person plays, they have to beat a  certain time. Since that scenario did not happen, they didn't explain it. But it's  the only thing that makes sense. There's no way they would leave the time open-ended.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, North of Eden said:

Wow, I totally thought I was the only person who felt this way. I think S6 was the first season I saw in its entirety. I don't think I ever rooted so much for an alliance as I did for Kaysar, Janelle, Howie, Rachel and ... James, I think it was? HATED Cappy and his cult which made the finale all the more horrible, but there were plenty of good moments like America voting Kaysar back in over Cappy and Janelle's famous "Bye bye, bitches!" 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Never Again said:

Why does everyone love Janelle and kaysar so much?  Maybe Janelle I can see, somewhat, she has a lot of comp wins, but kaysar just seems angry and cocky and what did he ever do in the past to justify the pedestal he is on?   He didn’t do anything amazing to defeat Cody’s plan, he was given a chance with a Bb twist. What am I missing?  Why are they such fan favorites? 

Janelle is endlessly entertaining. Kaysar is pretty and I could listen to him read the phone book. It's enough for me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3