Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Pies said:

Does Kat get the credit she deserves now? Her critics have been silenced, there's nothing to fault her on with her improved technique, she ticks all the boxes.

I am here, and I am giving Kat the credit she deserves! She is a star and has more charisma is her little pinky than most girls in their entire bodies. I do not have any qualms to put Kat in the point position, which would be, with the points we have had this past year, a breath of fresh air.

Kat started TC as the least prepared DCC in recent history and I for one, love that about her. She is not a judge or an astronaut, she is a cheerleaders for Pete's sake. She doesn't have to be a goody two-shoes. She only has to entertain us and shine bright like a diamond.

It only took a few days in TC for Kat to pick up the choreography and that is damn impressive. She got called out and that is what she needs to step up. That's a whole lot better than girls that prepare till the cows come home, and still can stand out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I am here, and I am giving Kat the credit she deserves! She is a star and has more charisma is her little pinky than most girls in their entire bodies. I do not have any qualms to put Kat in the point position, which would be, with the points we have had this past year, a breath of fresh air.

Kat started TC as the least prepared DCC in recent history and I for one, love that about her. She is not a judge or an astronaut, she is a cheerleaders for Pete's sake. She doesn't have to be a goody two-shoes. She only has to entertain us and shine bright like a diamond.

It only took a few days in TC for Kat to pick up the choreography and that is damn impressive. She got called out and that is what she needs to step up. That's a whole lot better than girls that prepare till the cows come home, and still can stand out.

Agree entirely 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pies said:
  Hide contents

Does Kat get the credit she deserves now? Her critics have been silenced, there's nothing to fault her on with her improved technique, she ticks all the boxes.

I like Kat. I liked her last year. But I don't think she needs special credit after one moment of improvement on a TV show. That's because the show is so highly edited and out of order - that judges comments one way or another don't matter to me.  I don't think that any split second footage one way or the other should silence or inflate anyone though. I really wish we could all view entire game day performances - without all the shooooshing, slo mo, slapped together edits. But all that being said - Kat attracts the eye. She's a performer and that's what they want so I'm good with that.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I like Kat. I liked her last year. But I don't think she needs special credit after one moment of improvement on a TV show. That's because the show is so highly edited and out of order - that judges comments one way or another don't matter to me.  I don't think that any split second footage one way or the other should silence or inflate anyone though. I really wish we could all view entire game day performances - without all the shooooshing, slo mo, slapped together edits. But all that being said - Kat attracts the eye. She's a performer and that's what they want so I'm good with that.

Yes, I second this. So she lived up to her vet status in a training camp session, thats a good thing. But we did just see a link someone posted at an actual game with her making a bunch of mistakes. She’s a born showstopper for sure, doesn’t absolve her of having to put the work in to perfect her ability. 

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, sATL said:

was there an option for the vet DCCs to opt out this season - like some of the players  had that as a choice? Something like they would have to re-audition at the final round in 2021, maybe.

I think some of the TCC finalists had that option 

2 hours ago, Strawberry said:

I am happy to see Sydney on the team.   There are different types of beauty, and I appreciate hers.  She has a look that adds diversity to the team for me. 

YES and Eartha Kitt was BAE back in the day. My grandma looked like her when she was young .

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Yes, I second this. So she lived up to her vet status in a training camp session, thats a good thing. But we did just see a link someone posted at an actual game with her making a bunch of mistakes. She’s a born showstopper for sure, doesn’t absolve her of having to put the work in to perfect her ability. 

Same, I love Kat. I follow her on Insta and think she’s the best entertainer of the whole DCC but I just pointed out her messing up a few times I noticed staring at a rookie or someone else when she’s dancing 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 5

I don't know but based on the way this season has played out thus far on tv and on social ..... I have an inkling that this may be a slow rebrand and in a few seasons Judy will retire, Kash will take over for her. I just feel like they're priming her for that. We'll be stuck with Waco Kelly for a few more years after that (ugh) and then they'll bring in either a former DCC (hopefully Michelle Keys) and then Haley will assume Charlotte (or as I like to call her the crypt keeper)'s role.   It's so blatantly obvious they need new blood in the leadership roles and desperately. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Trixi said:

Lol! Scott ‘I call em as I see em, don’t care if its a legacy’ Padgett. My hero😂

He was great until he drank the VK Kool Aid the next year ... 

5 minutes ago, kamdcc123woo said:

I don't know but based on the way this season has played out thus far on tv and on social ..... I have an inkling that this may be a slow rebrand and in a few seasons Judy will retire, Kash will take over for her. I just feel like they're priming her for that. We'll be stuck with Waco Kelly for a few more years after that (ugh) and then they'll bring in either a former DCC (hopefully Michelle Keys) and then Haley will assume Charlotte (or as I like to call her the crypt keeper)'s role.   It's so blatantly obvious they need new blood in the leadership roles and desperately. 

I wouldn't hate seeing Kash in that role. I know she isn't everyones cup of tea but I like her.

Anyone know how many eps this season is?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

He was great until he drank the VK Kool Aid the next year ... 

I wouldn't hate seeing Kash in that role. I know she isn't everyones cup of tea but I like her.

Anyone know how many eps this season is?

I think its just 8. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sATL said:

My heart goes out to Hannah.. more so now, in that her fate has been posted on this site.

Reading into more that what she said in the office, there is something deep going on besides dance..maybe a combination of events. More than just finals/projects from a tough school ( I peeked at her linkedin page), more than dancing alone with bugs in a basement, more than waiting for the phone call that vets could come/travel to the bubble, more than just not having the fire with her dance as she did last year....

She needs a hug.. someone close letting her know that all will be ok..

I agree with all of this.  I know I'm about to get blasted, but maybe Hannah did not need to be on DCC this year.  Maybe she needed to collect herself.  There are more important things than dancing on a platform.  Perhaps the DCC did her a favor.  She needs the love of her DCC sisters, but performing right now (or back then) may not be the best thing.  I hope she is keeping in touch with whoever she was closest to on the squad and perhaps getting professional help as well.  She looked well in the few photos I've seen of her.  I'm sure she'll be fine.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I mean its not really a mystery since Hannah herself posted what happened.

"Collectively COVID-19 has made workers more aware of how expendable smaller entities are to their large systems. The decisions made prioritized reality TV over the health and well being of the organizations individuals, capitalizing on the dreams of 50 women in order to create content and ratings in the midst of a pandemic."

She challenged DCC to make better decisions and they did not. She went anyway because she didn't want to risk her sisterhood and support system. She was deeply morally conflicted about being there each day. It weighed on her.  

And because she's a compassionate, empathetic future public health worker, she perhaps "cared too much?" And so DCC cut her. The storyline wants you to believe that she was depressed "for some reason."  Really what she needed was the organization that boldly proclaims to empower and support women, to understand and value her.  Instead she got exploited on a reality TV show.

I'd be depressed too for sure.

I follow her on ig and she seemed depressed before the bubble was even thought of 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I follow her on ig and she seemed depressed before the bubble was even thought of 

Clinically depressed or seriously concerned about the health of her mom and others? I mean it was a seriously bewildering time back then for sure. I fully admit - I have no idea. Maybe she was. Her intstagram post  seems to want us to "challenge the DCC narrative/spin."  But yes, many angles are always possible.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Clinically depressed or seriously concerned about the health of her mom and others? 

More like a student of psychology and someone who knows what it's like posting studies, concepts, quotes, ways to help or find help.

• Love 14

What happens once the team is announced and they perform at games? Is the rehearsal schedule the same / similar? Are Kelly and Judy there? Are they still giving feedback? I don't understand how someone, like Meredith, can go through a year honestly thinking that she has improved only to come back and have it be the opposite? Are Kelli and Judy not providing any critique during the season? 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Oh sweetie...I wish I could tell you why & I’m dying 😆🤣 

I could not stop laughing after reading this response and the baffled reactions of some to why men do not seem to bother with washing their hands... Just their fascination with a certain body part should be enough to (sort of) understand men's logic 😂😂 Surely, there cannot be anything gross or unhygienic to something as amazing as that?? (Not saying I agree btw!!)

There...I've said it... and in a rather political correct way if I may say so. So hopefully no one is offended now!

• LOL 8
17 hours ago, Trixi said:

I think its just 8. 

If there are only 8 episodes, then they need to get started crafting Brennan and Lily's storylines soon. They've already begun with showing us how they want to spin Hannah's and Meredith's exits, but they've made exactly zero mention of Brennan and Lily so far. 

Also, Judy's response to Kelli at the end when Kelli asked her to help with the tough decision about cutting vets, says it all. Judy made an outraged noise and face, clearly indicating that she wasn't going to jump in and take on the shit work when Kelli never listens to her opinion anyway. I hope somebody makes a GIF of that moment.

• Love 16

Yeah, I was gonna say... how many episodes in are we and Brennan and Lily haven't been called out to provide lead up to their imminent cuts? The editing in this show is awful. You'd rather invest camera time in someone's conceited camera-hungry nature, talking themselves up as point, than telling a story to capture the overall landscape.

I said it when Kash was featured in the training camp demo video and in the preview for this upcoming week, Kash is looking huge... 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, homelife said:

Yeah, I was gonna say... how many episodes in are we and Brennan and Lily haven't been called out to provide lead up to their imminent cuts? The editing in this show is awful. You'd rather invest camera time in someone's conceited camera-hungry nature, talking themselves up as point, than telling a story to capture the overall landscape.

I said it when Kash was featured in the training camp demo video and in the preview for this upcoming week, Kash is looking huge... 

They’ve barely showed Brennan and Lily, Brennan a bit on welcome day and Lily a bit last night. I missed last weeks ep tho🤷🏼‍♀️

Ok so I copied and rotated the image. The things I can make out (and assuming that the three judges in this scenario are MRS, K & J.

Madeline, Victoria, Tess and Kelcey - have a yes from all 3

Hannah - has maybes from all three

Alora-Rose - No from MRS,  yes from Kelli, maybe from Judy. It also says 'V Clap' on the bottom left of her picture. 

Jada - yes from all three

Whoever is next to Jada has a maybe from all three but Kellis hand is covering the name and I dont know the TCC well enough to determine who it is

Kat - yes from all three

I have bad eyesight but also:

* It looks like it says 'November bridge' above Madeline

* 'Work line Out' is written above Kelcey - 

Neither of these make sense to me though  😅 And that's all I can work out! 

image.png

Edited by onthebubble
fixing my bad grammar
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Vandy10 said:

Also, Judy's response to Kelli at the end when Kelli asked her to help with the tough decision about cutting vets, says it all. Judy made an outraged noise and face, clearly indicating that she wasn't going to jump in and take on the shit work when Kelli never listens to her opinion anyway. I hope somebody makes a GIF of that moment.

That is the only part I have watched so far and YES!!!  That was the best response.  Second would be season 13, when Kelli had been rude to Judy all season long, and she asked her opinion and Judy just shot her the look without saying anything.

• Love 10

It’s not just the pandemic, either. Hannah seems very passionate about social justice issues as well, at least from what I’ve seen on her IG this year.  So pandemic PLUS everything going on socially...it’s just a heavy time. And so people will gloss right over unaffected, some take things to heart, some just stay level, etc.  Dallas was pretty active this spring/summer and Chicago has been as well and IIRC she might have been up north with family until Camp started. So any time there is unrest on local news and social media, etc it’s just more to weigh on someone’s mind. 

At the end of the day these are pretty young women with various degrees of life experience, and navigating the dumpster fire of 2020 isn’t easy. Brighter things ahead for Hannah, Brennan, and hopefully all of us ❤️

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

And because she's a compassionate, empathetic future public health worker, she perhaps "cared too much?" And so DCC cut her. The storyline wants you to believe that she was depressed "for some reason."  Really what she needed was the organization that boldly proclaims to empower and support women, to understand and value her.  Instead she got exploited on a reality TV show.

Omg right? It's not like she's suddenly a shitty dancer. She's an amazing dancer going through some shit, as a lot of people are. This is supposed to be a sisterhood and a family, but they just cut her and tell her to not let the door hit her on the way out? Sad

• Love 23
On 12/20/2020 at 11:50 AM, go4luca said:

I believe many of the ladies have their ankles taped for extra support while dancing in the boots. Perhaps @ShellyB can confirm if ever she stops by.

A few of the girls get taped before games, much like players. Mostly to help prevent any ankle rolls for those with weak ankles, shin splints, etc. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli was more concerned when Victoria "wasn't herself" after not getting show group

Exactly. I seriously just can't with Kelli pouting and almost in tears about not being able to get her TC girl crush on the team this year. Gross. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Ya know if Hannah has showed up to TC with a muffin top, bad attitude, arrogant jeans, and had to watch her rookies to remember dances...then sure, she has to go. But that's not what this situation was.  I have the same issues Hannah has and like many out there during this pandemic, my mental health has taken a beating. Kelli loves to talk on and on about the DCC sisterhood and how invested they are in these girls. How great would it of been if Kelli showed Hannah a little empathy, loyalty, and understanding? Not as her boss, but as a person who's known Hannah for years. Kelli has seen Hannah's character as a premier veteran and also the years she kept coming back over and over to audition for the DCC. Kelli was more emotional and heartbroken over freaking Anabelle, who she JUST met like a few days earlier...🙄

That's not Kelli's job though.  Her job is to field the best 36 girls from the try outs and training camp.  Hannah showed up to work mentally unprepared.  When you do that, there's always someone who is hungry enough to take your spot.  That's real life.  It's not Kelli's job to be therir friend or their mother.  She needs that emotional distance.  

When she asked Judy about whether veterans should be cut, I was screaming at my TV OF COURSE!  Vets knew this was their tryout for the 2020 season.  Vets aren't safe in try outs, and they shouldn't be here.  This isn't about loyalty.  They've never had a problem cutting vets who under performed before.  Why should they now?  

And to read Hannah's response, I'm not sorry they did cut her.  I don't know how she can say the organization had no regard for their safety.  They put them in a bubble for goodness sakes.  If she felt it was unsafe, then she should not have gone.  I get that she was stressed out, but come on!  It all came off as sour grapes to me.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, sATL said:

was there an option for the vet DCCs to opt out this season - like some of the players  had that as a choice? Something like they would have to re-audition at the final round in 2021, maybe.

I thought Taylor did.

1 hour ago, forumborum said:

They were not worried about their safety. If so vets that traveled to Mexico, attended weddings and bachelorette trips to Florida with groups larger then immediate family and no masking or social distancing, teaching dance classes and traveling to them out of state should have all been cut for not following CDC travel  guidelines ! 

So maybe this is the answer to one of my earlier questions.... what did the vets do during quarantine. It just seems to be a common question to ask nowadays, when you haven't seen a person.

If they (or the majority) weren't following the guidelines of their respective area, then there isn't something to make a little snippet segment for filming. I just thought it was odd for the 29 to "just show up" like nothing was new this season. 

• Love 1

One thing that did surprise me in this episode was how much Judy spoke including telling them they looked great. Where I don’t see her talk much is where Kelli asks her about cutting someone.  My take is Judy has been upfront in the past & probably Kelli didn’t like it so Judy just rolled the ball back into Kelli’s court as she knows Kelli is going to do what she wants anyway.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Pau84 said:

ALL. OF. THIS.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, kamdcc123woo said:

I see Jennifer A in that mix too.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Just taking a moment to wish you all Happy Holidays! This little corner has given me hours of entertainment and has been much needed this year. Wishing you all many blessings in the new year and beyond. Stay safe❤️

Same here!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.  Even TPTB.

2 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I see Jennifer A in that mix too.

I can see her taking Kelli's place.  "This will be your last night."  Just seems like I can hear her say that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Same here!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.  Even TPTB.

I third that, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays & Happy 2021 to everyone, here's hoping its a great year for all of us even you TPTB...

• Love 10
On 12/19/2020 at 10:56 PM, Tuxcat said:

Was Charlotte not always on there? She seems to be the micromanager of the bunch. She directly influences who makes the team. Remember she and Kelli decided to let Danielle stay on the team? She didn't like Ann Lux,.... She does like Kat.... If I were Kelli or Judy for that matter, I think I'd be irritated with Charlotte a bit. Remember last year she was evaluating the girls as if she had some extensive dance experience? Well maybe she does - does she have a dance background?  And she was offering them the 36 vs 37 rotation option. Anyway, I blame her for Hannah and Brennan's cuts more than - or perhaps equal to Kelli. Am sure she didn't like their vocal COIVD concerns.

I can’t see Kashara taking Kelli’s place, in fact I can’t see anyone taking Kelli’s place.

Edited by Realee
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, tdp1117 said:

That's not Kelli's job though.  Her job is to field the best 36 girls from the try outs and training camp.  Hannah showed up to work mentally unprepared.  When you do that, there's always someone who is hungry enough to take your spot.  That's real life.  It's not Kelli's job to be therir friend or their mother.  She needs that emotional distance.  

When she asked Judy about whether veterans should be cut, I was screaming at my TV OF COURSE!  Vets knew this was their tryout for the 2020 season.  Vets aren't safe in try outs, and they shouldn't be here.  This isn't about loyalty.  They've never had a problem cutting vets who under performed before.  Why should they now?  

And to read Hannah's response, I'm not sorry they did cut her.  I don't know how she can say the organization had no regard for their safety.  They put them in a bubble for goodness sakes.  If she felt it was unsafe, then she should not have gone.  I get that she was stressed out, but come on!  It all came off as sour grapes to me.  

I agree. Kelli is there to pick the best 36 girls. She has cut many girls that she liked and hated to cut. I thought she was very sympathetic to Hannah. Hannah is a beautiful and talented woman. She had a lot on her plate. As much as DCC encourages academics or whatever job the girls have, it cannot intefer with DCC. Everyone would give an excuse and it won't work. I really liked all of the vets who got cut. But if you are not top 36 for whatever reason, you are not top 36. They are amazing for even being on the team and or at training camp. Most people will never be able to accomplish that. I am sure the pressure is intense. I personally like Kelli and Judy and agree with their decision, even though it is tough and very sad to watch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

I believe she was top 36. There are many weaker dancers than Hannah still on the team. Hannah is such an awesome dancer that even with everything going on for her she could still perform better than half the squad. 

I agree she is a great dancer. She is beautiful, well spoken. I wish I were Hannah!  But the other girls at  TC are beautiful and great dancers too. To say they she is deserving and they are not..... The difference between all of these girls are so slight. Being late, calling Kelli girl, not having a hd face, small belly giggle, etc... Again, I like Hannah. But she came to TC different than the past. I understand why they cut her. But even though she did not make the team, I think she is amazing and has a bright future. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6