Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Lona said:

"Every time I take my trash out of my apartment, this is how I get back ... because I just put it in my head so much that I can't mess it up if I tried."

You see, people. THAT's the standard that every DCC should shoot for in my opinion. Love Amanda. So happy she hasn't gotten caught up in all the upcoming ridiculous drama.

Hope she stays at least another two years!

Lona, that is EXACTLY what I thought! Amazing.

Amanda, the consummate professional. Beyond reproach. No one can touch her.

Can we have 36 Amanda's please?

What I also loved was that Amanda was talking to Dani. That was a wonderful moment for me. What a dream team they are. That is what every DCC group should inspire. I felt the same with Ashlee and Armani practicing. Epic and awesome. Awe inspiring.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Lona said:
11 hours ago, amateurathlete said:

Criticizing her for messing up is fair, but I don't think we should be praising Hannah for being so forthright about her depression, while criticizing others for having anxiety.

Thanks for this comment. I made my original comment about Savannah in frustration, but you make a very good point about keeping things in perspective! 

The fact that panic attack was in quotes suggests to me that Savannah was using that as an excuse for not remembering a dance. If it was real, I know what a panic attack feels like & it's not pretty.  So my sympathies if it was real, shame on her if it wasn't.

• Love 9

Rachel W said, I believe on Boots in the bubble, that she had a spray tan machine with her in the bubble. She works at a spray tan salon in Dallas.. so really they could have easily fixed any people who were not tan to their liking pretty easily & without damaging their skin at all. Just wanted to also throw this out there to add to the "Tan-gate" controversy lol.  😂 I think it's pretty clear they were just grasping at straws during editing to try to justify Hannah's upcoming cut. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
On 11/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

If anyone is interested heres the group photo with years:

7F7BE750-79EE-4382-BE1E-2577559F551C.png.a8319500e9837b7710c675c5589500b6.png

My eyes go straight to Alanna... I may not "like" her position BUT that's a definite plus to me 🙂 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I recently rewatched Tara’s cut on Pluto tv

How are you seeing anything past Season 12 on Pluto TV? I can only watch through Season 12 (which was the year Tara made the team) on Pluto then it starts over with Season 1. I keep hoping they'll add Seasons 13-14 but I haven't seen those yet on Pluto. Please share the secret if you are seeing any seasons past Season 12 on Pluto 😀

• Love 3
22 hours ago, NC-CFD09 said:

100% looked pale and washed out. Those big stadium lights almost require a little bit of a tan. 

That being said.. they should have said "Hey Hannah, rub some self tanner on tonight" Her pale body is IN NO WAY an excuse to cut her. She is a fabulous dancer. 

I know the Hannah cut is tough on so many but am I the only one who think she looks pissed off when she dances? Not just this season too. It’s like a sexy look but looks annoyed to be there. Not very cheerleader like. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Jessied84 said:

How are you seeing anything past Season 12 on Pluto TV? I can only watch through Season 12 (which was the year Tara made the team) on Pluto then it starts over with Season 1. I keep hoping they'll add Seasons 13-14 but I haven't seen those yet on Pluto. Please share the secret if you are seeing any seasons past Season 12 on Pluto 😀

Same, I don't see anything further than Season 12 either... 

29 minutes ago, Jessied84 said:

Oh! Maybe it was on the seasons I purchased from Amazon! I need background noise to drown out my husband’s conference calls while we both work from home so I usually put Pluto on first.  But if it’s a season I’ve seen 1000 times I’ll head over to Amazon and put on 13 or 14. I’m sorry if I got hopes up, please forgive me!🥺

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh! Maybe it was on the seasons I purchased from Amazon! I need background noise to drown out my husband’s conference calls while we both work from home so I usually put Pluto on first.  But if it’s a season I’ve seen 1000 times I’ll head over to Amazon and put on 13 or 14. I’m sorry if I got hopes up, please forgive me!🥺

Haha no worries!!! It's probably best I don't see Tara's cut again bc it absolutely crushed me for her, still does & when someone compared Hannah's cut to Tara's it brought up all the old feelings, omg I need a life! But I just hate the way TPTB play with these girls emotions its so wrong.

Not sure who mentioned above but they were spot on with Kelli not taking kindly to the ladies that are clearly smarter than her. She definitely seems to favor the 'dumber' girls so she can manipulate them... 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Haha no worries!!! It's probably best I don't see Tara's cut again bc it absolutely crushed me for her, still does & when someone compared Hannah's cut to Tara's it brought up all the old feelings, omg I need a life! But I just hate the way TPTB play with these girls emotions its so wrong.

Not sure who mentioned above but they were spot on with Kelli not taking kindly to the ladies that are clearly smarter than her. She definitely seems to favor the 'dumber' girls so she can manipulate them... 

Lol, right? I got kinda irrationally angry when I rewatched Taras cut. Remembering all the scuttle from the forums at the time, I tried to pay attention to the editing and what was said. For those not around at the time, it was that Tara complained privately to someone she trusted about Victoria’s extra special treatment and then was betrayed by said person. True? I dunno. But for me,Tara’s “I don’t want to let you off so easily” is telling. 

Yes! Isn’t that Item #1 on the checklist for How To Be A Dictator For Dummies? Keep the masses uneducated and scared. They are easier to control.  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Erase a wayward parentheses
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Katmcc said:

I know the Hannah cut is tough on so many but am I the only one who think she looks pissed off when she dances? Not just this season too. It’s like a sexy look but looks annoyed to be there. Not very cheerleader like. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_VrkgWFc57/

I could probably find another vid but this is a quick one I go back to. Notice how her face is before she raises her arm and smiles up, I think this is the same face she was doing when they showed her standing there waiting. I just believe that if a camera was following and recording me throughout my whole dance practice and they could probably find a 5 second shot of me looking "pissed" or "not wanting to be somewhere". 

https://fb.watch/2rgRV7H0D6/

Edited by lexie3248
Added another link because it shows her faces better which didn't seem to be a probably to Kelli or Judy during past seasons.
  • Love 7
On 12/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, CrazyMoon said:

You can see Lisa on the right in her raggedy bottom jeans and what looks like a scrubs top (it isn't, but looks grubby)...I'd take issue with that before criticizing Brennan

Well, the difference IS, is that Lisa's choices in her wardrobe are often questionable and rarely impressive, so that didn't surprise me. However, as I implied originally, maybe not word for word - Brennan is known for her chic style.  As the majority of the vets were dressed the first day coming back in what you usually see on their first "meeting" before training camp begins, I wasn't expecting to see Brennan in a black tank and jeans, so yeah, I'm criticizing Brennan.   Sorry, not sorry.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KoKo said:

Well, the difference IS, is that Lisa's choices in her wardrobe are often questionable and rarely impressive, so that didn't surprise me. However, as I implied originally, maybe not word for word - Brennan is known for her chic style.  As the majority of the vets were dressed the first day coming back in what you usually see on their first "meeting" before training camp begins, I wasn't expecting to see Brennan in a black tank and jeans, so yeah, I'm criticizing Brennan.   Sorry, not sorry.  

I am with you totally.  There's no way that all the vets except Brennan and Lisa assumed that it was "dress like an interview" day and those two made a different assumption.  We're talking about an org that gives them pics of which outfits to wear to practice - they were told and choices were made.  Lisa, oh Lisa.  I think she thought it was cool and ok because of the stars.  But no, hon, it wasn't.  Even with high heels and good jewelry, you were wearing a mismatched jeans and tops combo, and the jeans were ill-fitting.  But Brennan?  I can't even.  Yes, she is generally fashionable.  Someone here or on FB said her outfit was chique.  Any one of the pieces properly combined would have been fine.  Those jeans with a long flowy shirt and platform shoes?  Cute!  But not those pieces combined in that way.  I know this is not the popular opinion here.  I'll see myself out.........................

(But I do love Brennan and all of her dancing they have shown has been great.)

• Love 5

Now that I fully realize the lengths they will go to create drama....I wouldn't be surprised if 'accidently' vets weren't all given the same info regarding the timing of check-in/first meeting.  I will say though, if that was the case, I would have assumed they would have addressed it on the show, like starting the whole 'these girls don't take this as a serious job/interview like they should blah, blah, blah' storyline   

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

She has the Holly-esque smirky sexy badass looks. She's not Miss Gumballs - I can see what your're saying but she's been consistently praised for her "fierceness" for two years now. It doesn't appeal to everyone but it got her on show group - so I don't know why they'd use that to cut her now.

"I was looking up to see who was gonna catch my eye, and I was like, “Whoa!” because you did the hair flip, the arch in the back. It was nailing it, so yay you. – Jacie

"Is Hannah always this fierce? I love it!" Jackie

"If tomorrow was a game, who I think yes could do this on this routine, I would say Bridget and Hannah. – K/  Hannah, just straight up power house." – Michelle Keys

"Hannah is definitely a showstopper. She’s got the total package going on right now." – Michelle Keys

"Hannah’s solo is fierce." Kelli

"Okay girl" – Charm

"I don’t know her, but I know I know where the magic is and I said [whistles] and I didn’t stop watching because she didn’t let me stop watching." – Tyce Diorio

"Hannah’s a bullet, great… She’s no joke." – Tyce Diorio

Strong strong strong...

Yep. There is and never was any noise about Hannah's strong dancing.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GaveIn said:

Now that I fully realize the lengths they will go to create drama....I wouldn't be surprised if 'accidently' vets weren't all given the same info regarding the timing of check-in/first meeting.  I will say though, if that was the case, I would have assumed they would have addressed it on the show, like starting the whole 'these girls don't take this as a serious job/interview like they should blah, blah, blah' storyline   

Awwww.....but it still could happen.  I am really wondering if during one of their eval sessions, that doesn't come up.  She was SOOOO visible and looked SOOOOOO different that I really do wonder if it isn't some foreshadowing on CMTs part.  And, I don't put it past them to give different instructions!

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

She has the Holly-esque smirky sexy badass looks. She's not Miss Gumballs - I can see what your're saying but she's been consistently praised for her "fierceness" for two years now. It doesn't appeal to everyone but it got her on show group - so I don't know why they'd use that to cut her now.

"I was looking up to see who was gonna catch my eye, and I was like, “Whoa!” because you did the hair flip, the arch in the back. It was nailing it, so yay you. – Jacie

"Is Hannah always this fierce? I love it!" Jackie

"If tomorrow was a game, who I think yes could do this on this routine, I would say Bridget and Hannah. – K/  Hannah, just straight up power house." – Michelle Keys

"Hannah is definitely a showstopper. She’s got the total package going on right now." – Michelle Keys

"Hannah’s solo is fierce." Kelli

"Okay girl" – Charm

"I don’t know her, but I know I know where the magic is and I said [whistles] and I didn’t stop watching because she didn’t let me stop watching." – Tyce Diorio

"Hannah’s a bullet, great… She’s no joke." – Tyce Diorio

Strong strong strong...

Whoa!!!  I want you on my research team!

• Love 10
18 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

The problem isn't the panic attack itself (or not being able to continue to dance because of it), but WHY she had the panic attack in the first place. If a 4 year vet really doesn't know (or can't pick up) the dances -- THAT is a problem that should not be excused. Ignoring that but putting someone on the chopping block for looking "pale" and "unhappy" is ridiculous.

As someone with anxiety I can tell you that you don't have to have a reason to have a panic attack. Just general stress can bring one on. Or nothing in particular. I've had a panic attack come on just walking down the street. The point is that you can't say that there needs to be more sympathy for one person's mental health while mocking someone else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

I’ve been trying to stay off the boards because I’m not watching this season, but YouTube suggested a mini clip involving the most recent episode, and like an idiot I watched it. And now I’m a frothing, pissed off, honey badger. Kat? Is a disaster. No spinning it. She bad. Hannah too pale? DEEEEEEEP BREATHES. Someone gonna die. I know these ladies have heard of self tanner. She’s incredible. If you’d like her to smile more, be less fierce (something she’s been praised up and down for) then TELL HER, and I’m sorry Brennan looked fandamntastic. Watching Hannah’s Instagram stories with her mom in PPE gear just breaks my heart. That this is the reason she was cut makes me want to BURN THINGS. We lost an elementary school teacher at my son’s school to covid and my grandfather. That they’re pretending this is anything other than what it is has me rabid. Anyway. I have missed y’all. I’m off to take a Xanax and do some deep breathing. Maybe purchase a voodoo doll...

Hahaha Honey Badger Kat but yep, that whole scene sent me over the edge bc my God she's that bad but thinks bc she plays cutesy its fine and sadly it is fine bc she's still on the team... Nothing says world class like a veteran who cannot keep up with the rookies and acts like a dumb blonde.

And yeah Hannah, you hit the nail on the head she's been praised for being fierce but suddenly that's not okay? She's making noise with her poms isn't that what Kelli screeches? Yet suddenly she's pale and not worthy of her spot? So you're telling me the Honey Badger is more worthy of a spot? OMG now i'm pissed again... 

• Love 16

Kat seems to be a “love or hate kind of person” But as much as I like her sparkle, her entire attitude  (airhead and speaking without thinking, reacting completely over the top)makes me cringe...

positive vibe? Yes for sure, accident in waiting? Definitely. I would absolutely never put her in any type of spokesperson position! She has no control over that mouth nor clue about what her words might do to others. Basically like Victoria...I am just waiting for the moment she is going to greatly embarrass the DCC...

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I know I am meant to be watching hannah in this clip but I couldn't stop watching Gina. She seemed off compared to the rest of the girls.

LOL I think it's because she's in between 2 taller/leggier girls so when she dropped low into that wide second plie she went WAY lower than the girls next to her

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurainAZ said:

As someone with anxiety I can tell you that you don't have to have a reason to have a panic attack. Just general stress can bring one on. Or nothing in particular. I've had a panic attack come on just walking down the street. The point is that you can't say that there needs to be more sympathy for one person's mental health while mocking someone else. 

I know you don't have to have a reason for a panic attack, but the original post said it was because she didn't know the dances. That is what I take exception to. I don't care how many panic attacks she has (as far as whether she deserves to be on the team or not**), but a 4 year vet not knowing the dances is a problem.

**Although, if the panic attack had another, unknown origin (as in just suddenly came on out of the blue in practice), don't you also have to wonder if she is now capable & trustworthy to be on the field? If, for whatever reason, she has become prone to sudden panic attacks, being a DCC on the field in front of thousands probably isn't the best place for her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jessinvirginia said:

I’ve been trying to stay off the boards because I’m not watching this season, but YouTube suggested a mini clip involving the most recent episode, and like an idiot I watched it.

Sorry that didn't work for you. (she said as she totally dropped the mic and went off to have a 🍺 and trying not to🤣)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Can we have 36 Amanda's please?

No, because there will always be a Victoria...

7 hours ago, Katmcc said:

But remember, Cassie said it was okay to not be "all smiley!"

As always:    <sarcastic font>

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Opine said:

I am with you totally.  There's no way that all the vets except Brennan and Lisa assumed that it was "dress like an interview" day and those two made a different assumption.  We're talking about an org that gives them pics of which outfits to wear to practice - they were told and choices were made.  Lisa, oh Lisa.  I think she thought it was cool and ok because of the stars.  But no, hon, it wasn't.  Even with high heels and good jewelry, you were wearing a mismatched jeans and tops combo, and the jeans were ill-fitting.  But Brennan?  I can't even.  Yes, she is generally fashionable.  Someone here or on FB said her outfit was chique.  Any one of the pieces properly combined would have been fine.  Those jeans with a long flowy shirt and platform shoes?  Cute!  But not those pieces combined in that way.  I know this is not the popular opinion here.  I'll see myself out.........................

I couldn't agree more with everything you said!   Lisa, uh uh. Just no.    

And I recall the comment on how chic and trendy Brennan's outfit was ~ but that doesn't mean it's appropriate in every setting!  I don't dislike Brennan ~ I think she's a lovely young lady with class and integrity. And her performance ability, I think she's fine.   This too being unpopular- with some of the rookies' rockstar performances- I'm not devastated or completely shocked that she was cut.  I thought this is what this forum is about.  The fact that it was said that I need to focus on criticizing Lisa instead or to leave Brennan alone...... if we can't voice our opinion, I have no intention to stop doing so!! 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I know I am meant to be watching hannah in this clip but I couldn't stop watching Gina. She seemed off compared to the rest of the girls.

I think also Gina's is really powerful sometimes and over does it on some moves that looks like she's off, which is kind of how i feel Marissa dances. Now I want them both to dance side by side and see how that looks. 🤔

• Love 7
On 12/16/2020 at 4:52 PM, DCCOracle said:

If Jerry Jones can afford a $250 million yacht, he can afford to keep his players, employees, cheerleaders, etc safe and secure in a pandemic.

Was wondering who was on this boat last week in Cabo since the season is not over. 20201205_124057_346958228398976.thumb.jpg.f70262c7ef55ffc49f6712a16f7d3617.jpg

I'm getting more and more frustrated by the vet cuts this year (except Meredith). The cuts that seem obvious from the show are not the people who ended up being cut. I am more confused than ever about why the kept Alora-Rose and Kat after this past episode. 

In terms of Hannah's paleness, it seems a bit tone-deaf during a pandemic AND to ask a redhead to have a deep tan. On top of that, I don't understand why they didn't just say "hey, can you tan a bit". They told Kali Fullerton to soften her eye makeup as a TCC waaaayy back when. It's no different in my opinion than any employer giving you constructive feedback about what to improve on.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Opine said:

1 hour ago, KoKo said:

I couldn't agree more with everything you said!   Lisa, uh uh. Just no.    

And I recall the comment on how chic and trendy Brennan's outfit was ~ but that doesn't mean it's appropriate in every setting!  I don't dislike Brennan ~ I think she's a lovely young lady with class and integrity. And her performance ability, I think she's fine.   This too being unpopular- with some of the rookies' rockstar performances- I'm not devastated or completely shocked that she was cut.  I thought this is what this forum is about.  The fact that it was said that I need to focus on criticizing Lisa instead or to leave Brennan alone...... if we can't voice our opinion, I have no intention to stop doing so!! 

If I remember correctly, Lisa and Brennan weren't the only two in jeans. Lisa stands out because her outfit is just ugly. Brennan stands out because she was front and center & people on here are speculating on what excuse Kelli will give for cutting her.

ETA: And there are plenty of comments bashing Brennan's outfit back when it first came up (p. 150 or so); so, yes, negative comments about Brennan are okay -- there are plenty and will continue to be (just don't expect the "Brennan Backers" (is that correct @ByTor?😁) to agree with you anytime soon and not defend her).

ETA2: And now I'm getting these ads. Would these meet with Kelli's approval?😆😅😂

Screenshot_2020-12-17-17-23-45-1.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, aeroluv327 said:

I saw that on Insta last night!  I had no idea she'd had COVID.

Interestingly, someone else I know posted something similar yesterday.  Six weeks post-COVID and they had no sense of taste/smell.  Also the first I'd heard of them having COVID and based on the amount of traveling/socializing they were doing in the previous six weeks, I never would have guessed it.  People, this is why our positivity rates are still so high!!!!  

A doctor friend of mine told me that our of all cases that lose taste and smell, as many as 50% haven’t gotten it back after 6 weeks. They’re not sure if it’s permanent in some people or what. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, TB12 said:

Tara’s cut along with all the VK bullshit going on that year really turned me off on the show. I’ll watch it if I happen to catch it but won’t pay for it. It no longer has the same appeal and is more of a TPTB dog and pony show than a show about making the team. Mostly tired of both the favoritism and the blacklisting of the women, the inconsistency is aggravating.   

Edited by Trixi
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Gina is always just a little more - a little extra than most of the girls which makes her appear off sometimes. TBH I think they put her next to Hannah on purpose because Hannah is also really finishing every move and so it doesn't look as different.

Now, I do question their logic though if they stick with the "Hannah can't dance storyline."  If that is the case, then why did they put Hannah (who they say can't vibe with pom style),  and Brennan -(who they say blends and is borderline), and Lily- (who they say is weak), and Meredith/Kat- (who they admit make mistakes) all in the same group last year? Something was up with that group!!! All the cuts from the same one. Make it make sense!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Something was up with that group!!! All the cuts from the same one. Make it make sense!

Well, Tess was the group leader, and VK was also in that group.  And Tess and VK are friends.  It's on a post upthread about how info got to Kelli

• Love 5
On 12/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, Pies said:

Maybe I'm biased, but what a shame it would have been if she'd been cut, just over a couple of small mistakes, there's nothing else to fault her on at all, she's an asset.

I love Kat’s look and personality, but she was extremely lucky to make the team last year. She was completely lost for most of TC last year, at least the parts they showed. If it wasn’t for Meredith’s struggles, it would’ve been even more glaring. You know it’s bad when even I think the two best looking rookies should’ve been cut. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh no worries at all! I just wondered if you had unlocked the magical world past Season 12 on Pluto! And I'm totally on board with the background noise. I had to lol when you said you were drowning out the hubby's conf calls 😂 I keep my TV on almost all the time just to keep it from being so quiet (I live alone) although it is easy to get distracted while working especially when the good episodes come on (like today when "toxic Chelsea" was getting tossed off the team!) Certain episodes never get old! 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TB12 said:

It's probably best I don't see Tara's cut again bc it absolutely crushed me for her, still does & when someone compared Hannah's cut to Tara's it brought up all the old feelings, omg I need a life!

Yep same. So I guess I need one too LOL!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

ETA2: And now I'm getting these ads. Would these meet with Kelli's approval?😆😅😂

M rycroft was wearing the middle style.  I thought girl you way too old for that.  Maybe the first year you tried out but those days are gone.

• Love 4