Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: What Happened Last Night?

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Watching Amelia’s reaction to Bennet’s sleep dress takes me back a few seasons where that very mean chick was awful to her sweet husband who had the huge bushy beard. He was wearing some goofy overalls and she ridiculed him. Can’t remember their names. What a mountain of difference! 

You must be referring to Neil and Sam. Ridiculing him about his night wear was the nicest she was to him.

She admitted later that she was mean and cruel.
Neil had therapy after their marriage and he is able to be happy for Sam, her husband and baby.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Brett has the absurdly flared nose holes and a sneering grin caused by his upper lip that is curled up on dry Front teeth

I've noticed something odd about his smile since day one, but I can't figure out what it is.  His teeth are decent.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

Did you have the giant champagne glass hot tub???  I saw that in a catalogue when I was about 5 and have coveted it ever since.  Even with the red shag and mirrored ceilings!

So wait...  did someone say that Henry had never been out of the country?  I must have missed that.

Yes we did, and the fireplace too.  We didn’t go in the champagne glass tho.  Wouldn’t you know, I got the period on the second day we were there, so that ended that, lol.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

Yes we did, and the fireplace too.  We didn’t go in the champagne glass tho.  Wouldn’t you know, I got the period on the second day we were there, so that ended that, lol.  It didn’t look too sturdy tho, and the husband wasn’t too thrilled with the idea.  I would have really pushed him to do it.  

12 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I did chuckle at that mostly I live in the suburbs of MD and I love Northern Virginia -- mainly the areas with some mountain views (Purcellville is pretty and has some cute wineries). Virginia is a cool state -- I just got back from a weekend stay Hot Springs, Va which I think is in the south western part of the state.  Alleghany Mountains -- Beautiful mountain views!  Skyline drive of Virginia is gorgeous.  Then you've got the ocean!   It's got everything like my native MD!  Still, Henry should get out more.  🙂

Hi neighbor!!! (Not sure how close but unless you’re in Southern MD we’re probably pretty much neighbors ... MoCo here). And yes, I was cracking up during that scene. 

I was getting almost “rainman” vibe from him there as she sounded like she was studying for a geography bee rattling off countries and he just kept repeating “DC and Northern Virginia” ... guess he has a friend who lives in Arlington (not judging, we lived in PW when we moved here and I worked in Arlington/Tyson’s for 15 years)  

Actually it would probably be a not bad location for them  ... we have 3 international airports (extra points for living in MD that we count BWI as local) for Christina to fly out of. 

Plus I’m a big fan of Maryland’s fruity wineries (my unpopular opinion) PLUS in non-pandemic years the great Ren Faire!!! AND the MD/Del beaches (Team Bethany ... sniff ... maybe next summer if we haven’t moved to Cali by then)  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Hi neighbor!!! (Not sure how close but unless you’re in Southern MD we’re probably pretty much neighbors ... MoCo here). And yes, I was cracking up during that scene. 

I was getting almost “rainman” vibe from him there as she sounded like she was studying for a geography bee rattling off countries and he just kept repeating “DC and Northern Virginia” ... guess he has a friend who lives in Arlington (not judging, we lived in PW when we moved here and I worked in Arlington/Tyson’s for 15 years)  

Actually it would probably be a not bad location for them  ... we have 3 international airports (extra points for living in MD that we count BWI as local) for Christina to fly out of. 

Plus I’m a big fan of Maryland’s fruity wineries (my unpopular opinion) PLUS in non-pandemic years the great Ren Faire!!! AND the MD/Del beaches (Team Bethany ... sniff ... maybe next summer if we haven’t moved to Cali by then)  

Hi neighbor!  I'm in the Frederick area and not that far from MoCo!  Lived in Germantown for a few years.   

Yes, Maryland has some wonderful wineries!  I like taking Rt. 7 towards Leesburg.  Some nice wineries there too!

My nephew just moved with his GF to Arlington.  That's exactly what I was thinking he likely meant by "Northern VA"! 

I keep looking at retirement areas less expensive from here, but Maryland/VA has it all.  It's hard to leave this area.

• Love 1

I don't think Karen will be able to trust Miles. He is young, good looking, a real catch and here he is saying at 26 that he's ready to settle down into married life forever with a stranger? It just doesn't add up.

I don't see what doesn't add up. When I was 26 (lo those many years ago) I was young, good looking and a good catch - and I was ready to settle down into married life (not with a stranger but still)... I think there are men out there who are ready at that age to settle down and Miles seems like a mature guy and an old soul to me. Thus far I don't see anything NOT to trust.

My nephew just moved with his GF to Arlington.  That's exactly what I was thinking he likely meant by "Northern VA"! 

I'm in NoVA too and I think this is exactly what Henry was talking about. I'm guessing he likes the monuments and touristy stuff downtown and the bars and restaurants in the 'burbs. I don't think he's talking about as far out as Purcellville and the Shenandoahs - those aren't really considered "NoVA" as much as exurbs (or maybe a far-flung suburb if you're trying to sell a house). We not Paris but Christina should give us a try - it's a nice place to visit (and a good place to live if you are ok with a pretty high cost of living).

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't see what doesn't add up. When I was 26 (lo those many years ago) I was young, good looking and a good catch - and I was ready to settle down into married life (not with a stranger but still)... I think there are men out there who are ready at that age to settle down and Miles seems like a mature guy and an old soul to me. Thus far I don't see anything NOT to trust.

I'm in NoVA too and I think this is exactly what Henry was talking about. I'm guessing he likes the monuments and touristy stuff downtown and the bars and restaurants in the 'burbs. I don't think he's talking about as far out as Purcellville and the Shenandoahs - those aren't really considered "NoVA" as much as exurbs (or maybe a far-flung suburb if you're trying to sell a house). We not Paris but Christina should give us a try - it's a nice place to visit (and a good place to live if you are ok with a pretty high cost of living).

Leesburg and Purcellville is considered NoVa, but most people don't think of that as NoVa.  When he said that, I def thought he meant Arlington, Tysons area, not further out.  Shenandoah is def not NoVa!  Va just has a lot of beauty to it, a lot that you can do within the state.  

12 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Tbh, I'd be so nervous I'd be jumping in quick and babbling like a fool just to fill his silences.

For the record, that's the technique for engaging a tree stump in conversation.  It's exhausting, but it works.  And I'm glad I've never been filmed doing it.

17 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I was getting almost “rainman” vibe from him there as she sounded like she was studying for a geography bee rattling off countries and he just kept repeating “DC and Northern Virginia” ... guess he has a friend who lives in Arlington

I think he said his brother lives in Northern Virginia.  You have to admit that if you're talking about travel experiences, going to Reykjavik and other international cities is vastly different from visiting your brother in a DC suburb.  He's 35.  I think if travel for travel's sake appealed to him, even just in the U.S., he would have done at least some by now. 

No knock on him if that's not what he wants to do.  But matching him with someone with wanderlust might not be the best idea.

17 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

But they weren't talking about where they want to live--just where they like to visit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

How do you match someone who is a Christian with someone who is agnostic? Now I understand why Pastor Cal was so adamant against matching them. Cats are not a good reason to match a couple (side eyeing you Drs. Pepper and Viviana).

Bennett not wanting biological children and Amelia wanting biological children was something that should have been considered when matching them. Something else that both Drs. Pepper and Viviana overlooked. 

Christina is going to be this season's Katie.  Why she felt the need to constantly remind Henry that he's never been out of the country is beyond me. She should be grateful that she has a job where she can travel internationally and experience new cultures.  No need to rub salt in Henry's wounds.  Henry is a stark contrast to his loud, outgoing family. 

I'm proud of Woody for going to therapy for his anger issues.  Too many people (especially men) within our community view needing therapy as a sign of weakness or think that "something is wrong " with a person who has a therapist. 

Woody/Amani,  Miles/Karen and Bennett/Amelia seem like great matches so far.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I supposed to be impressed that Christina is well traveled...it's her fucking job.  

She acts as if she is an international fashion model. "I've been to Paris, Amsterdam, and have friends all over the world......"

Maybe she will calm down soon.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Karen has a bad picker.  Remember the last guy she was with had a baby with another woman while she was with him.  But if you keep looking for things to be wrong, you'll eventually find them, because you're marrying a human being.  

Karen has come into this marriage not only with suitcases but with trunks filled with issues.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

It can only help Miles that Karen and he buddy around with Woody and Amani for fun activities in Cancun.

Miles is clearly smitten and that intensity may scare Karen off if it is too much laser focused attention on her.

Watching Miles Interact comfortably and naturally with his bff Woodrow and having Amani to lean on if she is feeling weird about one on one 24/7 with Miles.

Agreed, Karen needs extra hands to carry her emotional baggage and she brings extra high fencing to block Miles' attempts to woo her.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Christina is trying to get Henry excited about traveling with her (or just have some kind of reaction), but he's clearly not interested. I don't think he's interested in her at all or traveling in general. He seems to be a set-in-his-stay-close-to-home-&-what-he-knows kind, which is fine, but that's not for her - horrible match. I also am feeling like he never wanted to do this show at all, but that his friend (whatever her name was that came with him to the initial interviews) set this up for him, & the show chose him to give everyone someone to talk about. Sucks really.

So Woody said he went to therapy? I couldn't understand anything he said except maybe "journal" & another word or two. I'll have to watch again with (edited from 'subtitles') closed captions.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So Woody said he went to therapy? I couldn't understand anything he said except maybe "journal" & another word or two. I'll have to watch again with subtitles.

Confused.  I understood everything he said.  He was speaking English, then again I have closed captions.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Confused.  I understood everything he said.  He was speaking English, then again I have closed captions.

I typically understand him except I did not decipher much at all when he was holding the video & talking - video diary, I guess it's called.  (I don't have captions on either though). - Also I fixed my post because I mistakenly put "subtitles" when I meant closed captions.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I also am feeling like he never wanted to do this show at all, but that his friend (whatever her name was that came with him to the initial interviews) set this up for him, & the show chose him to give everyone someone to talk about. Sucks really.

I'm thinking that his friend Trishelle, who was on The Real World, encouraged him, maybe as a way for her to reappear on reality TV herself.  If so, it worked, and she was drunk as usual.  😀  I hope that's all we see of her.

24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I typically understand him except I did not decipher much at all when he was holding the video & talking - video diary, I guess it's called.  (I don't have captions on either though).

Yeah, video diaries can have inferior sound quality, where captions would be helpful even though generally not needed for that person when professionally miked up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

What were the lies?

They both told the experts they wanted kids, but when they talked to each other on the honeymoon they both admitted they really didn't want kids.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

So Woody said he went to therapy? I couldn't understand anything he said except maybe "journal" & another word or two. I'll have to watch again with (edited from 'subtitles') closed captions.

So glad I'm not alone on that point.  I had to FF and REW practically every time he spoke and still couldn't make "heads or tails" out of much of what he said.  I understand these are not professionally trained actors and the show can't constantly be asking for more "takes" of their spontaneous conversation, so more use of subtitles would be great!!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't even think the "experts" try anymore for successful marriages anymore as long as they get successful drama along the way.

I think they need some successes to legitimize this nonsense, plus more successful couples add new blood to their stable of "stars" for the couples cam show.........

It's really hard, because both this forum and the facebook fan group I'm in reviled last season as garbage, but I know the ratings were really good. And the worst people generate the most responses. Happy normal people are pretty boring. I think they've struck gold this season because so far Bennett and Amelia are entertaining kooks who get along, and Woody and Amani are fun and funny and getting along. This is the best case scenario for me personally.

3 hours ago, OnTime said:

She acts as if she is an international fashion model. "I've been to Paris, Amsterdam, and have friends all over the world......"

Maybe she will calm down soon.

If we should be suspicious of anyone using this show to further their own career Christina fits the bill nicely.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

If we should be suspicious of anyone using this show to further their own career Christina fits the bill nicely.

how does this help the career of an airline attendant?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I am having a hard time deciding who was cast as the primary for the better story line?.... Henry or Christina....

If Henry is the principal cast member then why match him with Christina who seems to want to a more sophisticated worldly type man?

If Christina was cast first then why match her with a home body, Mama's boy who doesn't deal well with spontaneous or anything out of his comfort zone?

Or did production just pull their names out of the ragbox because they look attractive together on teevee?

• Love 1
On 8/6/2020 at 10:49 AM, Elizzikra said:

I brought home a snake one time. A baby snake, but still a snake and I'm near phobic. I discovered it when it came slithering down the stairs at me. I didn't sleep for days.

I have questions about Karen's hair (white woman here with standard issue white lady hair). I LOVED her braids. How long would it take for her to have those put in? I'm guessing she didn't do it herself but went somewhere to have them done. So the order of the day (after her wedding) was breakfast with Miles, brunch with her new in-laws then some time at a salon getting honeymoon hair? In addition to looking awesome would it also be pretty low maintenance on vacation where it would be getting wet all the time?

The braids are a protective style to keep her hair safe from all the elements. The length of time depends on the style and how quickly the stylist can braid, so anywhere from 45 mins -2 hours. It also depends on whether or not two people were braiding her hair at the same time. Amani’s definitely needed two people to get hers done as she had micro box braids which take even longer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Hi neighbor!  I'm in the Frederick area and not that far from MoCo!  Lived in Germantown for a few years.   

Yes, Maryland has some wonderful wineries!  I like taking Rt. 7 towards Leesburg.  Some nice wineries there too!

I keep looking at retirement areas less expensive from here, but Maryland/VA has it all.  It's hard to leave this area.

I know!!! We live in Montgomery Village, basically on the Germantown border. I’m so torn about moving. Really love it here! 

7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I also am feeling like he never wanted to do this show at all, but that his friend (whatever her name was that came with him to the initial interviews) set this up for him, & the show chose him to give everyone someone to talk about.

I picture a producer holding a gun to Henry's head just off camera.....threatening to shoot if he doesn't talk.

Mute Henry is the anthesis of Word Salad Zach.

This cast's energy is much more fun and light compared to last season's overly dramatic honeymoon shenannies...

Please, please show Henry and Christina having fun....we know the other 4 couples will be having a blast....

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, what he said was he went to therapy and it was one of the best things he ever did. I thought it was fantastic and a role model. I have great hopes that Woody will have benefited in anger management and be a much more suitable spouse.  Woody is full of surprises.  I hope the biggest surprise is that he is really ready to settle down because I think he's got a great match.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

So wait...  did someone say that Henry had never been out of the country?  I must have missed that.

They should have had a high school band and spot lights to herald his coming to Mexico.

5 hours ago, cinsays said:

how does this help the career of an airline attendant?

She's not going to fly forever...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

You must be referring to Neil and Sam. Ridiculing him about his night wear was the nicest she was to him.

She admitted later that she was mean and cruel.
Neil had therapy after their marriage and he is able to be happy for Sam, her husband and baby.

Yes! Exactly! Neil was a sweetheart. She was a bitch. I’m not reversing that opinion ever. Good for him to get rid of her. But it’s awesome how different was Amelia when Bennett whipped out that sleep dress...which...btw...all so had a stain and was a terrible color (I’m not claiming to be as morally elevated as Amelia) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

Yes! Exactly! Neil was a sweetheart. She was a bitch. I’m not reversing that opinion ever. Good for him to get rid of her. But it’s awesome how different was Amelia when Bennett whipped out that sleep dress...which...btw...all so had a stain and was a terrible color (I’m not claiming to be as morally elevated as Amelia) 

Her acceptance of the mustard yellow pajama dress was an indication of a match made in heaven. Under anyone else they were afraid.  I have sent couples silk pajamas/nightshirts.  At the time I didn't think anything of it. I thought a Night shirt was a cool thing.  But Bennett took out a PJdress and owned it and she liked it.  Kismet. He'll move and open another theater company.  He is probably writing a play right now.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Her acceptance of the mustard yellow pajama dress was an indication of a match made in heaven. Under anyone else they were afraid.  I have sent couples silk pajamas/nightshirts.  At the time I didn't think anything of it. I thought a Night shirt was a cool thing.  But Bennett took out a PJdress and owned it and she liked it.  Kismet. He'll move and open another theater company.  He is probably writing a play right now.

Well, he loved the birds nest in her hair, and loves that she rocks hairy pits, so I was pleased that she reacted so well to his hideous mustard sleep dress.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

I felt kind of sorry when Bennett was on Jaimes show and saw Cal discussing why Bennet wasn't a good candidate because he was going on so many directions!

I like Bennett and he could turn out to do great things if just one of his ideas catch!

I really like the conversations between Bennett and Amanda.  They are considerate and encouraging.

• Love 4
On 8/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, OnTime said:

There have been 10 seasons with 34 marriages, 10 still married and 24 divorces.

Actually, there are 9 couples still together. They are all on that stupid Cam show that airs on Thursday.

A poster up thread said that Henry isn’t  very nice. Based on the fact that he hasn’t really said or done anything so far, I am wondering how they arrived at that conclusion. Henry specifically told “the experts” that he prefers a woman who is petite. The first thing he said when he saw Christina was, “wow; she is really tall.”  He doesn’t appear to be trying because he probably isn’t attracted to her. Plain and simple.

I am rooting for Woody and Amani. I love their energy; plus they have amazing chemistry.

• Love 4

I still can't forget Bennett's statement to the minister and friends/family when he saw Amelia for the first time...."we've met before".  It wasn't said excitedly.  More like oh crap...not her.  Did they reshoot the scene?  Cause I know what I saw/heard and he didn't sound happy.  It was more like she was a giant pest that he had a hard time shaking off.

Yet now, they love everything about each other.  Nothing that comes up is an obstacle.  He thinks having children is unethical with so many people in the world, yet he immediately offers up the option of having children with Amelia if she wants that.  That's a pretty big change of values to just flip so quickly.  Amelia is going to be a doctor and would rather have a husband that doesn't work and stays home to take care of the kids.  Wow, Bennett kind of fiddles around if you want to call it work.  I'm not knocking him, but how convenient that here's a guy that fills that bill exactly.

I think they are a cute couple but I've had this nagging feeling since the wedding that they knew each other a lot better than just talking for a few minutes at a party.  There was something about Bennett's friends' reactions when they saw her.  To me they looked shocked and kind of like uh oh....you guys already know each other...that's against the rules.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, JapMo said:

There was something about Bennett's friends' reactions when they saw her.  To me they looked shocked and kind of like uh oh....you guys already know each other...that's against the rules.  

Maybe it was more of a, uh-oh there's a bird on your head.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Guessing she would be willing to make the jump from flight attendant to reality teevee star.

well, then that could apply to any of them and, personally, I would be more interested in watching something with Amelia and Bennett, but if it meant we could retire Jamie Otis I would be ok with her taking over.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Actually, there are 9 couples still together. They are all on that stupid Cam show that airs on Thursday.

A poster up thread said that Henry isn’t  very nice. Based on the fact that he hasn’t really said or done anything so far, I am wondering how they arrived at that conclusion. Henry specifically told “the experts” that he prefers a woman who is petite. The first thing he said when he saw Christina was, “wow; she is really tall.”  He doesn’t appear to be trying because he probably isn’t attracted to her. Plain and simple.

I am rooting for Woody and Amani. I love their energy; plus they have amazing chemistry.

agreed  - we haven't seen much of anything of Henry to be able to decide he's not nice, maybe not appealing to a lot of people, but there is nothing yet to say he is not a kind person

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

On 8/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, OnTime said:

There have been 10 seasons with 34 marriages, 10 still married and 24 divorces.

Oh yes, you're right!  Thanks! Gotta move one more into the divorced column.

There have been 10 seasons with 34 marriages, 9 still married and 25 divorces.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I was also pleasantly struck by how they are literally "in tune," and hum/sing/identify each other's songs in a playful way.  (She plays in a band after all, and I am guessing he must be musical too.) I expected to be completely bugged by that but it seems so natural with the two of them.  I'm increasingly convinced that they may already have been dating and are pretending to have barely met.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

I'm increasingly convinced that they may already have been dating and are pretending to have barely met.

I  couldn't agree more.

• Love 5

Just thought of this possible theory......maybe when Bennett & Amelia first applied for the show, they didn't know each other, but during the vetting process they met innocently somewhere else and maybe not dated but did hang out, possibly with Bennett's friends.  They had both already committed to the show so they weren't looking for anyone else during that stretch of time before being selected.  Meanwhile they were off-the-charts compatible and the show was ecstatic.  Then the bombshell at the wedding that they did know each other.   The show didn't want to give up on such a great match so they allowed them to go through with the wedding...just not tell the audience the whole truth about how well they knew each other.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Watching the wakeup scenes. If Christina were any closer to the edge of the bed, she would fall off.

LOLOL...I've been in similar situations so I noticed that too!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Just thought of this possible theory......maybe when Bennett & Amelia first applied for the show, they didn't know each other, but during the vetting process they met innocently somewhere else and maybe not dated but did hang out, possibly with Bennett's friends.  They had both already committed to the show so they weren't looking for anyone else during that stretch of time before being selected.  Meanwhile they were off-the-charts compatible and the show was ecstatic.  Then the bombshell at the wedding that they did know each other.   The show didn't want to give up on such a great match so they allowed them to go through with the wedding...just not tell the audience the whole truth about how well they knew each other.

There is also the remote possibility they met at some function of some sort as they said. They exchanged a few pleasantries but nothing became of it at the time. I'm sure we'll hear more but I don't think they are pulling a fast one. They seem like a good couple but only we know the difficult circumstances coming down the road. Soon they will be faced with no toilet paper...if only we could warn them to stock up!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5