Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Wing And A Prayer

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, RealReality said:

Is it against cultural traditions to tip bellmen in Jordan?

So far that is the most offensive thing this episode.  Brittney is young and healthy, if she didn't have money for a tip she could have carried up her own luggage.  

But having him navigate the bell cart all the way to her room, carry in and lay out all her luggage and not even tip him a few bucks?  That just rubs me the wrong way.  I used to work at a hotel and while it's technically their job, it just feels so wrong not to tip so much as a dollar or two.  

I saw that too and I'm hoping the producers gave him a generous tip!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, RealReality said:

1. Devans mom was either on something or she really needed to be on something. 

2. Is "spoiled American" code for "asshole?"

3. Can we call him cheesedick?  Now that someone else mentioned it I cannot stop using that name in my head. Kudos to whoever came up with it. 

4. Cheesedick cheating.  I can't believe that's the giant secret, but I love how absolutely every woman in his life is giving him shit for it.  There are no pickme Mary's in this crew!  I thought that girl in the cap was gonna slap him. 

5. That cat does not want to be walked so good luck with that cheesedick. 

6. Binyam is lucky he can fight because that song was hot garbage.  It made me appreciate usman.

7.  I wonder if there was some conflict that binyams parents were a part of. Seems odd that an illness would take both parents at the same time and not any of the children. 

8. Today I learned that being American means you like hot dogs, hamburgers and fourth of July.  Thank goodness I'm a real american, because I like all three. 

9. Jihoons parents seem like the nicest people.  How can anyone be upset with them.  

10.  Boy, I know that Devan was the architect of her own disaster, but boy do I feel for her.  Her life looks like a mess. 

I just assumed binyams parents died of AIDS which ravaged the African continent in that time frame.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Brittany should have gone back into the airport and on the next available flight without ever looking back. She's not made for that type of life. Even Jihoon parents are clowning him.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

5 most uninteresting things about Timmytim.

1. His stupid nickname.

2. His milquetoast personality

3. His secret...some chick offered her hallway and you threw your hot dog down it...yawn...

4. Teaching your cat...the cat was just messing with you and wanted to see you crawl on all fours

5. How you got a Colombian to fall in love with you online...she wants to be on teevee...duh

Haha number 4.  His robust “GOOD BOYYYYY” to the kitty cracked me up.  My 2 female kitties would have been like “screw you stupid human, we are not dogs and you DO NOT talk to us or treat us as if we are dogs” and they would either have fled or I would have needed stitches. 😜I don’t think I could ever even put  a harness on either of them.  

15 hours ago, Quof said:

It's like when Emily made Ross give away everything Rachel had ever touched and promise to never see her again.  The wronged party gets to impose their demands.

This episode was literally on yesterday. 💜

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/30/2020 at 3:00 PM, mamadrama said:

I'm not trying to defend Jihoon at all, but Deavan and her mom can take a step back about the house. She's the one who rented it. She didn't have to move to South Korea RIGHT THEN. How are they the only ones shocked that Man Boy hasn't manned up yet? None of us are and we don't even know him.

THIS (below) -- and I think we'd probably agree on -- explains it all.  Because I doubt we can accuse any of these TLC-ers of being in America's "1 percent."  So, pick a 'plot-line' - stick with it - and pay your bills...courtesy of TLC.   (I just hope they make enough...it's indeed a hard-knock life.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAXG_QcQNU

• Love 1

Deavan's mother was awful. She had to have been on something. My God, at least try to be nice! Or did TLC want her to behave that way? 

Biniyam's singing made me long for Usman. It really was pretty bad. 

Tim is boring and I hope we don't see to much of him. 

I keep waiting for a shoe to drop with Kenny and Armando. I hope not. 

• Love 7
On 6/30/2020 at 1:38 PM, DEL901 said:

In the first episode, he talked about modest Muslim women who stay home and stayed covered and how he thought Brittany would enjoy living that way and she didn’t tell him anything different. 

In fact, Brittany always changed the subject and distracted him from the conversation whenever he tried to talk to her about being a Muslim wife. 

• Love 2

Everyone’s commenting on how hot Binyam is...really?  His body’s not bad, but that face? Ugh, no thanks. 

Is Cheesedick wearing lipstick? Dude has some seriously red lips. I’m getting Colt 2.0 vibes from him. How does a dorky-looking guy cheat on a gorgeous woman like Melyza?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 6/30/2020 at 1:38 PM, Frozendiva said:

What would a super-hot woman see in him? He has a good job? He is smart, funny, personable, does things?

He has a pretty cat? 

On 6/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, Kath94 said:

I thought he said he was called "G-stick" and I couldn't figure out what that was!

I thought he said "cheesesteak" but my closed captioning said otherwise. 

• LOL 2
On 6/30/2020 at 4:26 PM, RealReality said:

Is it against cultural traditions to tip bellmen in Jordan?

So far that is the most offensive thing this episode.  Brittney is young and healthy, if she didn't have money for a tip she could have carried up her own luggage.  

But having him navigate the bell cart all the way to her room, carry in and lay out all her luggage and not even tip him a few bucks?  That just rubs me the wrong way.  I used to work at a hotel and while it's technically their job, it just feels so wrong not to tip so much as a dollar or two.  

I noticed the no tip, and it really pissed me off.  

Maybe she doesn’t travel, and doesn’t know that you need to tip a bellman?  

• Love 6
On 6/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, mamadrama said:

The only trouble I've encountered was in Dubai. It's technically prohibited for unmarried couples to share a room, but only one place enforced it. 

Yes, wasn't that the exact reason Laura married Aladin right after she met him in Dubai? 

• Love 6
On 6/30/2020 at 8:09 PM, AZChristian said:

I kind of wonder whether his junior high classmates gave him that nickname after seeing him undressed for a shower after PE class.

I would have suggested Cheese Doodle

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

5 most uninteresting things about Timmytim.

1. His stupid nickname.

2. His milquetoast personality

3. His secret...some chick offered her hallway and you threw your hot dog down it...yawn...

4. Teaching your cat...the cat was just messing with you and wanted to see you crawl on all fours

5. How you got a Colombian to fall in love with you online...she wants to be on teevee...duh

They actually met while she was living in the US. His friends know her.  

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Is Cheesedick wearing lipstick? Dude has some seriously red lips.

Cheesedick's Cherry Chapstick! The nickname possibilities are endless. I wondered why his lips were so red, too. 

He met Melyza when they were in college in Iowa. Since he said he didn't go to college until after jail and his crime spree started at 24, I'm wondering if his secret has something to do with what he did in the approximately six years between high school and his life of crime. Maybe he was in the military and has some kind of PTSD which would explain the emotional support animal. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

They actually met while she was living in the US. His friends know her.  

Thanks for the info.

Timtimtimmy is the best guy she met when stateside?

What is wrong with her...how is she so emotionally damaged to accept that he cheated on her and she still wants him to come be with her?

• Love 4

No excuse for Yazan being unhinged, but Brittany you did not give up everything for him. Glug, glug.

Take your big bottle of hooch and go home to your Dad. This show will not help your career (cough, cough!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Thanks for the info.

Timtimtimmy is the best guy she met when stateside?

What is wrong with her...how is she so emotionally damaged to accept that he cheated on her and she still wants him to come be with her?

Maybe the ultimatum was supposed to get him to leave her alone?

• Love 4
(edited)

Deavan's mother's social media is a mess of conspiracy theories and anti-vax rants. She claims her lineage has 2,000 years of royalty and that she also has family from the Salem witch trials. 

"I am weary of the struggle when those who should stand with me refuse the call. I do this for you and you call me crazy, but I am the thin blue line trying to defend YOUR kids from the government/Illuminati/Village People. You do not defend MY rights to not get my kids vaccinated, while still I fight for you. It tires me and I am disheartened. But yet I will continue to stand for you, whether you laugh or mock or ignore, because though I have my doubts I am still a Christ-like martyr figure. “

Okay, then...

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Deavan's mother's social media is a mess of conspiracy theories and anti-vax rants. She claims her lineage has 2,000 years of royalty...and that she has family from the Salem witch trials. 

"I am weary of the struggle when those who should stand with me refuse the call. I do this for you and you call me crazy, but I am the thin blue line trying to defend YOUR kids from the government/Illuminati/Village People. You do not defend MY rights to not get my kids vaccinated, while still I fight for you. It tires me and I am disheartened. But yet I will continue to stand for you, whether you laugh or mock or ignore, because though I have my doubts I am still a Christ-like martyr figure. “

Okay, then...

To quote the Church Lady...Well, isn't she special.......

Putting things in perspective...Deavan needs to save her kids from her mother's asinine utterances and influences...

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Lots of people take back cheating partners for a variety of reasons, she may have mentally convinced herself that he wouldn’t be likely to cheat if they were in the same city. It could also be that she hooked up with someone too (or at least thought about it/was tempted) and that’s why she is forgiving. 

I would have to see more of her to get what her motivations are, but people being people she is likely emotionally attached to him and wants to believe it was a one time mistake. 

12 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Deavan's mother's social media is a mess of conspiracy theories and anti-vax rants. She claims her lineage has 2,000 years of royalty...and that she has family from the Salem witch trials. 

Okay, then...

Whut? Okay, crazypants.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I would have to see more of her to get what her motivations are, but people being people she is likely emotionally attached to him and wants to believe it was a one time mistake. 

Timbo's blubbering, weepy, schnotty true confession TH was quite the performance.

We will have to see the special sauce between him and his Colombian sweetheart to see what's what...maybe he is going to donate one of his kidneys to her father....

Yazoo's hand in her face, furiously hollering ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH  full throated at her then expecting Britt to be lovey dovey by gazing into his eyes (as he drove) and holding his hand  is a giant red flag banner waving, flapping and fluttering and the best example of her Jordanian life with him..every action, thought, utterance will be judged, chastised, punishment doled out then she expected to push her thong aside to have sexy time with him.

Stupidly she thinks he will cut her slack as an American, her promising to be serious about Islam was to entrap him to cooperate with the filming...oh, BTW she didn't even file for her divorce and the papers she is going to show Yazoo's Dad is a certificate she downloaded online.

Britt is an ugly crier and we will be seeing all that on our screens again and again this whole season...

• Love 8
On 6/30/2020 at 11:19 AM, MrBuhBye said:

He looks totally different and it doesn’t appear to just be regular weight gain.  Maybe he is on meds that make him all bloated and puffy.  He kinda reminds me of Lurch.

Our new Tim guy, (Cheesedick) is a triangle composite of Cory/Paul/Colt.  Milquetoast, crazy, desperate. I'm not a fan, and his time in screen bumped off Jenny in the hood with her own ne'er do well. 

14 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

Is Cheesedick wearing lipstick? Dude has some seriously red lips. I’m getting Colt 2.0 vibes from him. How does a dorky-looking guy cheat on a gorgeous woman like Melyza?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

Yeah, he's creepy alright. But we'll get to see Brazil!

I'm confused about Jihoon saying his MIL was an angry woman, had they spent time together? Jihoon's mom talking smack about Deaven, producer driven? And poor Drascilla looked so unkempt and actually unhealthy. Put some shorts on under her dress, sheesh. The whole situation is unbelievably insane, and hopefully some young women viewers are seeing an important life lesson. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I'm confused about Jihoon saying his MIL was an angry woman, had they spent time together?

I would err on the side of Jihoon's poor vocabulary and interpreting  E-Lisha's loud screeching, dropping f-bombs, outlandish over reactions to his mom's driving as angry when he meant loony, cray-cray and wholly  inappropriate in polite, subdued S. Korean culture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

To quote the Church Lady...Well, isn't she special.......

Putting things in perspective...Deavan needs to save her kids from her mother's asinine utterances and influences...

Deavan seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Our new Tim guy, (Cheesedick) is a triangle composite of Cory/Paul/Colt.  Milquetoast, crazy, desperate. I'm not a fan, and his time in screen bumped off Jenny in the hood with her own ne'er do well. 

Yeah, he's creepy alright. But we'll get to see Brazil!

I'm confused about Jihoon saying his MIL was an angry woman, had they spent time together? Jihoon's mom talking smack about Deaven, producer driven? And poor Drascilla looked so unkempt and actually unhealthy. Put some shorts on under her dress, sheesh. The whole situation is unbelievably insane, and hopefully some young women viewers are seeing an important life lesson. 

Jihoon may have seen her on social media or she might have been in the room during a zoom call.  

She doesn't seem like the sort who is ever quiet or civil and I hate that people like that will proclaim that they are the American prototype. Some of us know how to not make a spectacle of ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

Konspiracy Karen.

Dead!  💀💀💀

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Jihoon may have seen her on social media or she might have been in the room during a zoom call.  

She doesn't seem like the sort who is ever quiet or civil and I hate that people like that will proclaim that they are the American prototype. Some of us know how to not make a spectacle of ourselves. 

Dead!  💀💀💀

Or the type to admit she could be wrong about anything or that things can be done differently in other countries and that’s okay.   

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I'm confused about Jihoon saying his MIL was an angry woman, had they spent time together?

Yes they have. Jihoon and his parents came to the USA for a few weeks when Taeyung (whos so stinking cute!!!!) was in utero.

I think Jihoon arrived first and then his parents came in the middle of the visit. 

7 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I would err on the side of Jihoon's poor vocabulary and interpreting  E-Lisha's loud screeching, dropping f-bombs, outlandish over reactions to his mom's driving as angry when he meant loony, cray-cray and wholly  inappropriate in polite, subdued S. Korean culture.

As someone born and raised in the USA and unfortunately only speaks English I too would interpret Deavan’s mother’s behavior as angry. She was HOSTILE for no discernible reason. They had just pulled away from the airport!

• Love 7

Like the poster above, I feel some people don’t know to tip, especially if they never travel or maybe stay at motels instead of hotels. I don’t think she tipped. If she’s dumb enough to not to research the country she’s moving to, or their customs, then it sounds like she’s ill-informed in general, and didn’t know to tip. I think she didn’t tip due to being ill-informed, and not due to her being rude.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

Deavan's mother's social media is a mess of conspiracy theories and anti-vax rants. She claims her lineage has 2,000 years of royalty and that she also has family from the Salem witch trials. 

Okay, then...

So much to unpack...

2000 years of royalty?  Is she related the the three kings who went to Bethlehem?

Did she mention which side of the witch trials her family was on?   I’ll guess they were the ones drowning and burning innocent  victims.  

Of course she is an anti-vaxxer.   Poor Drucilla.   Especially going to a country where there may be germs to which she has no built up immunity.   Note, not a critique of South Korea.   

And just how was she martyred?  

And how could I forget her struggle with the Village People?   Is it disco, gay people or role play she has the problem with?

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think she didn’t tip due to being ill-informed, and not due to her being rude.

But to not make yourself aware of things like tipping customs in a country you're about to visit is kind of rude in and of itself.  

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

As someone born and raised in the USA and unfortunately only speaks English I too would interpret Deavan’s mother’s behavior as angry. She was HOSTILE for no discernible reason. They had just pulled away from the airport!

I would give my left tit to get a free trip to another country, Elicia. I want to travel so badly. I started cruising a few years ago and so far have visited Mexico, Haiti, Nassau, and St. Maarten (well San Juan too, but hey, that's still US). I know limited Spanish. But all I want to do is learn about cultures and customs, try local cuisines, and NOT COME ACROSS LIKE AN "ANGRY AMERICAN"!!!

• Love 5

Googled tipping in Jordan..

Tipping in Hotels

"Hotels from the midrange to top-end categories generally add on a service charge of 10%. For bellboys and porters, JD 1-2, or US$ 2 is customary to give. If you stay at a hotel more than one night it's good idea to give a few dinars or dollars in advance to the room service personnel and the cleaners."

Britt is the type of girl that doesn't have to open her wallet since her cuteness gets things like tipping taken care of when she par-tays at home with her date takes care of the hotel...

I will be generous and guess she didn't have any cash with her...She could have offer the front desk staffer and then the bellhop stiff shots of Patron for compensation....

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

but I am the thin blue line trying to defend YOUR kids from the government

Um the thin blue line is the police who inconveniently are part of the government.

2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

trying to defend YOUR kids from the government/Illuminati/Village People.

Some of the Village People songs are overexposed but we hardly need protection from them.  Especially since their average age is 70 now.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Our new Tim guy, (Cheesedick) 

See I only use that appellation to refer to the uncut.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Taeyung (whos so stinking cute!!!!

Whereas Draculette is just stinking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

That little girl did not look well kept.

I’m all for children playing and being comfortable in clothing designed for children (not being mini adults), but she did not look as if “oh a kid got their clothes dirty traveling/playing” but “no adult bothered to care for her properly”. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would be polite and says she smells fermenting.....that ewwwy tangy sour smell of milk spit up in the car seat creases in 100 degree temps.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Maybe she also cheated on him. "Tit for Tat" as the Silver Sisters say. 

4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Well, that explains a lot! 

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Moving to South Korea is a start! 

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Moving to South Korea is a start! 

Things have to be pretty bad living with the Salem Witch if Deavan felt the need to have unprotected sex and risk getting pregnant by an Asian man-child, who can't keep a condom on without a rubber band and carries his dog around in a satchel during a haircut.

• LOL 2
Just now, snarkish said:

Things have to be pretty bad living with the Salem Witch if Deavan felt the need to have unprotected sex and risk getting pregnant by an Asian man-child, who can't keep a condom on without a rubber band and carries his dog around in a satchel during a haircut.

I've watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I know that when you're a witch the village people can be pretty bad. 

• LOL 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

who can't keep a condom on without a rubber band and carries his dog around in a satchel during a haircut.

I misread it as "carries his dong around in a satchel"...

Let me go clean my glasses.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Our new Tim guy, (Cheesedick) is a triangle composite of Cory/Paul/Colt.  Milquetoast, crazy, desperate.

All I can see is hairy back Ben who was with Akinyi.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Jihoon visited Deavan, she got pregnant when he was in the US, I’m sure she had him hang out at her house a few times, so I imagine they have spent time together.  Didn’t he also come back after Tayung was born?

Edited by heatherchandler