Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Wing And A Prayer

• Start Topic

Today I had a chat with a female Ethiopian coworker regarding Areola birthing there. She said Addis Ababa is the capital, a large city, with American Dr.'s there as well. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her the show was making it sound like getting an epidural there was something overly difficult to get. She didn't exactly agree that she should go there if she has the option to give birth in the US, but for those who don't it's not exactly giving birth in a completely underdeveloped area. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Isn't Little Dracula 4 years old at the time of filming? Why is she wearing a diaper?

That one will have issues her whole life, I do not see an easy path for her and I do not see Deavan being proactive to get Druscilla the help she needs especially if she is living in Korea, the language barrier along with not being able to find the resources.

• Love 5

I'm not trying to defend Jihoon at all, but Deavan and her mom can take a step back about the house. She's the one who rented it. She didn't have to move to South Korea RIGHT THEN. How are they the only ones shocked that Man Boy hasn't manned up yet? None of us are and we don't even know him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
(edited)
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Isn't Little Dracula 4 years old at the time of filming? Why is she wearing a diaper?

TLC wants to show her crawling around on the dinner table with a loaded diaper.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I'm not trying to defend Jihoon at all, but Deavan and her mom can take a step back about the house. She's the one who rented it. She didn't have to move to South Korea RIGHT THEN. How are they the only ones shocked that Man Boy hasn't manned up yet? None of us are and we don't even know him.

Plus they could have lived with his parents to save and she refused.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, snarkish said:

Today I had a chat with a female Ethiopian coworker regarding Areola birthing there. She said Addis Ababa is the capital, a large city, with American Dr.'s there as well. She looked at me like I was nuts when I told her the show was making it sound like getting an epidural there was something overly difficult to get. She didn't exactly agree that she should go there if she has the option to give birth in the US, but for those who don't it's not exactly giving birth in a completely underdeveloped area. 

The thing to remember about most third-world countries: their cities basically look like our cities. They have all the modern conveniences, same as we do. It's when you get even a few miles outside the cities that everything gets primitive and/or impoverished. I have no doubt that a hospital in a major Ethiopian city would be the rough equivalent to a hospital in a big American city.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Why on EARTH would anyone say "I'm giving up my life and flying around the world to be with this guy, even though I don't remotely trust him and he's shown zero ability to step up and be the kind of provider I want?" She makes zero sense, and her mother is the very stereotype of the Ugly American.

As for Brittany and Yazan: Yes, he flew off the handle way too hard. I suspect it wasn't the hugs that set him off as much as the oversized bottle of tequila. Hugging the crew members could be seen as an impulsive "in the moment" act by someone who doesn't yet know all the rules, but bringing a huge bottle of booze to a country and culture that forbids alcohol consumption is a deliberate act that shows only contempt for that culture's rules. A ten-second Google search would have told Brittany that even drinking a beer is considered a sin in Islam. And as I said a couple of weeks ago, Yazan has been very plain and direct about his wanting Brittany to wed him immediately and settle into the life of a Muslim housewife, whilst Brittany's attitude has been "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm just gonna do what I want and he'll have to deal with it." I cannot see any way this ends well.

And as for the hotel: My wife and I have occasionally investigated visiting Turkey, Egypt and other Muslim-dominated countries. Sharing a hotel room with someone of the opposite sex is 100% forbidden unless you're either married or related somehow. As my wife and I have different last names, we might even carry a copy of our marriage certificate with us should we ever realize these vacation plans. And we both noticed the room porter going out of his way to ensure he didn't even touch Brittany accidentally.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Anyone else see the Darcey and Stacey show teaser?  Saw that one coming a mile away.

F that noise with Yazan.  I don't care how much I "love" someone, if they went off on me like that for no reason, I'd be gone.

I was like...no.  Seriously, no.  Those two do not need their own show. 

Brittany needed to turn her ass back around and get right back on the plane home.  Hecky naw!! 

I hate to see it but right now, the only redeeming couple seems to be Kenneth and Armado. 

My other favorite person is Brittany's dad.  He is the only other person who seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he seems so sweet and patient.  Brittany is definitely a spoiled daddy's girl who hasn't had to grow up. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And as for the hotel: My wife and I have occasionally investigated visiting Turkey, Egypt and other Muslim-dominated countries. Sharing a hotel room with someone of the opposite sex is 100% forbidden unless you're either married or related somehow. As my wife and I have different last names, we might even carry a copy of our marriage certificate with us should we ever realize these vacation plans. And we both noticed the room porter going out of his way to ensure he didn't even touch Brittany accidentally.

This is only sort of true. Unmarried couples can share a room in Egypt. Indeed, youth hostels there have mixed dorm rooms just as they do elsewhere. It's only a problem if one of the travelers is Egyptian. If both hold western passports it's not an issue. It's similar in Turkey. Some smaller places will ask for marriage certificates but for most resorts, youth hostels, and chain hotels as long as you both hold western passports it's a non issue. The only trouble I've encountered was in Dubai. It's technically prohibited for unmarried couples to share a room, but only one place enforced it. 

Source: updated the Rough Guide Egyptian guidebook and shared room with unmarried male. Traveled extensively throughout United Arab Emirates and Turkey. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Is it against cultural traditions to tip bellmen in Jordan?

So far that is the most offensive thing this episode.  Brittney is young and healthy, if she didn't have money for a tip she could have carried up her own luggage.  

But having him navigate the bell cart all the way to her room, carry in and lay out all her luggage and not even tip him a few bucks?  That just rubs me the wrong way.  I used to work at a hotel and while it's technically their job, it just feels so wrong not to tip so much as a dollar or two.  

• Love 18
(edited)
On 6/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, mamadrama said:

Your restraining order will probably expire around the same time as the one Ricky Martin has against me. I keep telling people that his husband and kids are just a beard so that people won't know that he's straight...

Seriously, though, the show's making me nervous. I LIKE Armando and Kenny. I want to keep liking them. (They remind me of the couple from Sandra's HOARDER'S episode, and if you haven't watched it you seriously should if for no other reason than for them.) Don't fuck this up for me, TLC. 

Real talk, saw Ricky Martin in concert and he is VERY good looking.  I cannot blame anybody for trying to turn him in their direction.  Incredibly fit and athletic.  

RE: hoarders.....if it isn't the one with the lady who poops in bags and then stacks the bags in her bathroom....or the one where the lady made casserole for her church with rotted pumpkin and squash on her floor and expired cheese and ate some expired and barely refrigerated yogurt on air....I'm not interested!  Hoarders is the cringiest of cringe TV

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I really think that in the interest of the children that Deaven should stay in South Korea.  I totally understand Deaven a bit more after seeing her mother and believe that Deaven really wanted to have a good family environment for Druscilla, but making poor decisions (i.e. having a baby with Jihoon...) isn't going to provide the stability that she may want.  Deaven's mother embarrassed me and I am just watching this on t.v.  However, if Jihoon really is nervous about Deaven's mom maybe he should have, you know, gotten a job before they arrived.  Just saying.

Way too extended of a farewell scene of Kenneth's family.  The one daughter is sad for herself as she told him that he basically allowed her to have "alone time" and leave her son with him.  Now they can all start living their own independent lives.

Brittany bores me.  You moved to Jordan-you're the one who has to adjust.  And, if you don't like it?  Go home to all that you apparently gave up (such as your career) in order to be on a reality show  move to Jordan.

Please, no more music "stars" (full sarcasm is in effect).  Ariela can help him become famous.  A word of warning: watch out for Lisa as she may resent the competition for Usman's career.

Don't care about Tim.  He's boring.  And, anyone who shares that their childhood nickname was "cheesestick" obviously thinks that's the most interesting thing about them.  It isn't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 6/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, mamadrama said:

Your restraining order will probably expire around the same time as the one Ricky Martin has against me. I keep telling people that his husband and kids are just a beard so that people won't know that he's straight...

Seriously, though, the show's making me nervous. I LIKE Armando and Kenny. I want to keep liking them. (They remind me of the couple from Sandra's HOARDER'S episode, and if you haven't watched it you seriously should if for no other reason than for them.) Don't fuck this up for me, TLC. 

Hey now.  I have told people for years that Ricky Martin keeps up the facade of being gay so that we can throw off the paparazzi and live our life together unbothered.  Keep your hands off my man!  I remember that episode of Hoarders too.  Such a gorgeous mansion.

If Cheesedick is the best my home state of Texas can produce, no wonder I'm still single.  There is something weird about that guy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@suzywallis & @Dirtybubble I understand why Arielle had a vacation fling with Biyum(is that his name). Ethiopian people in general are gorgeous -He’s very handsome and that smile his full of charm. It’d totally be down for a vacation fling if he smiled at me. 

But you don’t turn your vacation fling into your co-parent/husband. What in the world????? This is where they lose me. I agree with @Neurochick Brittany isn’t bringing a baby into this. 

I didn't comment on Arielle and Biyum, but Lord 'a Mercy, he is a fine-looking man!  Now Deavan and Jihoon?  NOPE.  He looks like a  12-year-old and acts like one too.  Immaturity seems to be  common place this season. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

So far that is the most offensive thing this episode.  Brittney is young and healthy, if she didn't have money for a tip she could have carried up her own luggage.  

But having him navigate the bell cart all the way to her room, carry in and lay out all her luggage and not even tip him a few bucks?  That just rubs me the wrong way.  I used to work at a hotel and while it's technically their job, it just feels so wrong not to tip so much as a dollar or two.  

I was thinking it was edited out.  But she is the generation that doesn’t carry cash so who knows?

Real talk, saw Ricky Martin in concert and he is VERY good looking.  I cannot blame anybody for trying to turn him in their direction.  Incredibly fit and athletic.  

He had a decent-sized role in that Ryan Murphy Cunanan Versace show with Darren Criss.

• Love 3
On 6/26/2020 at 3:34 AM, mamadrama said:

I'm betting he's already had some sexy time...

I know women who Intentionally go after extremely religious men because they love the challenge. Not saying I approve of this, just that I've seen it.

Hey, maybe he DOES know about her secret and he's hoping she'll forget about this marriage, too, once they've legally screwed a few times! 😉 

What do you mean? Like priests?

I do not understand Brittany at all. If a man treats you that way, run! Why on earth would you leave anywhere with him? And in a foreign country, no less. Actually, better idea. Go to your hotel and go sightseeing before you catch a flight back home. Do not answer Yazoo’s phone calls or texts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Don't care about Tim.  He's boring.  And, anyone who shares that their childhood nickname was "cheesestick" obviously thinks that's the most interesting thing about them.  It isn't.

I kind of wonder whether his junior high classmates gave him that nickname after seeing him undressed for a shower after PE class.

• LOL 10
2 minutes ago, zenme said:

I do not understand Brittany at all. If a man treats you that way, run! Why on earth would you leave anywhere with him? And in a foreign country, no less. Actually, better idea. Go to your hotel and go sightseeing before you catch a flight back home. Do not answer Yazoo’s phone calls or texts.

Maybe we should call him Yahoo since he acted like one.  

• Love 2
On 6/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, Christina said:

As I tell my family, Neil Patrick Harris and I have been engaged since 1991 and will be married as soon as the Restraining Order that stupid judge signed expires. He obviously doesn't know he's not gay yet, because he hasn't had the opportunity to meet me!

Everyone always shutting down our love because I'm delusional. 😢

I met NPH at The Magic Castle an he didn't mention you.....

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Deavan’s mother is one rude piece of shit. I’m embarrassed that she’s American. This is so wrong, but I wouldn’t hate it if Jihoon let her get back on a plane  and never look back. I don’t even like him as much as I did his first season, but I’m really not liking Deavan and her trashy mother. Jihoon’s poor parents. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I thought he said “Cheese Dick.”

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I was thinking it was edited out.  But she is the generation that doesn’t carry cash so who knows?

He had a decent-sized role in that Ryan Murphy Cunanan Versace show with Darren Criss.

Yes!  I loved that season!  

I thought it might be edited out too, but they specifically show him passing her as she holds the door open for him to leave.  LOL maybe she looked up some cultural rules on tipping but none on liquor!

• Love 3

Not a great endorsement for Tim that all “his” friends like his foreign girlfriend much more than they seem to like him. Every one of them wanted to punch him for cheating on her and said he doesn’t deserve her lol.

• Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

20 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Cheesedick's big secret was that he cheated on his girlfriend in Colombia? not that he was a serial killer or something?

Yeah that was a major letdown.  And the tears in his confessional seemed so fake to me.  IDK but I'm already not liking this guy.  Something about him seems so...slimy.  His only redeeming quality was therapy cat.  Take that silly body harness of kitty and just keep him in a carrier when you travel.

His tears seemed real to me. I think he realizes how extremely fortunate he was to find a great girl who apparently loved him, despite his past. He blew it and he knows it, which is why he’s so desperate to get her back. I agree with what his mom said in the previews: Melyssa may forgive him, but it will always linger. 

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Love 6

CheeseJizz sawed off the branch he was dangling 20 feet off the ground by cheating on His online gf.

Timtim Timmy with his big pussy Has a sign on his back that says “Kick Me” because now the gf can ask for anything from his sorry cheating ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

1. Devans mom was either on something or she really needed to be on something. 

2. Is "spoiled American" code for "asshole?"

3. Can we call him cheesedick?  Now that someone else mentioned it I cannot stop using that name in my head. Kudos to whoever came up with it. 

4. Cheesedick cheating.  I can't believe that's the giant secret, but I love how absolutely every woman in his life is giving him shit for it.  There are no pickme Mary's in this crew!  I thought that girl in the cap was gonna slap him. 

5. That cat does not want to be walked so good luck with that cheesedick. 

6. Binyam is lucky he can fight because that song was hot garbage.  It made me appreciate usman.

7.  I wonder if there was some conflict that binyams parents were a part of. Seems odd that an illness would take both parents at the same time and not any of the children. 

8. Today I learned that being American means you like hot dogs, hamburgers and fourth of July.  Thank goodness I'm a real american, because I like all three. 

9. Jihoons parents seem like the nicest people.  How can anyone be upset with them.  

10.  Boy, I know that Devan was the architect of her own disaster, but boy do I feel for her.  Her life looks like a mess. 

• Love 11

Darcey and Stacey? Noooooooo! Episode upon episode of the two of them spouting self-help blurbs while lamenting their lack of a love life and getting plastic surgery? I don't think so. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I love Jihoon’s parents, they are the best part of this show.  That said, Jihoon will never change, Deavan knows this and is likely in it for the cash. 

I’m really bothered by the Brittany storyline.  Religion isn’t my thing, but I respect other cultures and traditions, and know enough Muslims to know I would never think I could go to a Muslim majority country and act that way.  That said, she’s in it for the fame, no intention of staying. 

not enough Kenneth/Eduardo.  But like most of you, it’s not a good combination of a much younger partner that has never had a relationship outside of his marriage. I root for them, but they haven’t met in person yet, right?  I could have missed something. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I root for them, but they haven’t met in person yet, right?  I could have missed something. 

No they have. They’ve just never lived together/in the same place. They met online a bit ago and decided to met up, and have been doing the long distance thing for a year I think.

But they have most certainly met in person.

• Love 3

So I thought cheese sticks girlfriend was named “Mae Lisa” until I figured out it was his pronunciation of Melissa with an accent.  He seems like an idiot.   I don’t get why she can’t move to the USA and he must move there because he cheated.  Maybe that’s the only way they could get on the show. 
Deavan’s mom was all kinds of wrong with her f words and dramatic reactions to all things Korea. No wonder Deavan wants to move.  But dang, Jihoon couldn’t even be bothered to pack till the last second.  He will never leave his parents.  I don’t get the hate Deavan has for his parents. 

• Love 6
Just now, Meowwww said:

So I thought cheese sticks girlfriend was named “Mae Lisa” until I figured out it was his pronunciation of Melissa with an accent.  He seems like an idiot.   I don’t get why she can’t move to the USA and he must move there because he cheated.  Maybe that’s the only way they could get on the show. 
Deavan’s mom was all kinds of wrong with her f words and dramatic reactions to all things Korea. No wonder Deavan wants to move.  But dang, Jihoon couldn’t even be bothered to pack till the last second.  He will never leave his parents.  I don’t get the hate Deavan has for his parents. 

Assuming he and his girlfriend are in a legit relationship (it seems they are), her requests make sense to me. 

They were long distance and he cheated- she was angry and pissed (rightfully so) and ended things. But she does love him and wants to believe he won’t do it again. Why should she pack up her life and leave her social support system for a guy that may not really want her? That may cheat again?

Asking him to move to Columbia puts the ball in his court to win her back and demonstrate his commitment. And if in the end it doesn’t work out (for whatever reason), HE is the one inconvenienced not her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I think this all stems from the tell all when jihoon said that his parents would have preferred he marry a Korean girl.  

I think Devan took this to mean that they hated her. 

Which I don't think was the case at all.  I think that, all things being equal, they (particularly his mother) would have preferred he marry a Korean girl.  I think for her it would have been nice to have a daughter in law she could talk to and do more traditional stuff with.  I think she might have felt a little more comfortable.  Devan always seems on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  

I can see why devans feelings were hurt.  I totally understand that, but I genuinely think they like her.  But even without the language barrier Devan seems like a bit of a killjoy and wet blanket.  

• Love 18
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Priests, Duggar-style followers, etc 

• LOL 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Quof said:

I thought I saw her drinking from a bottle as well.

Per Mother Jihoon saying she would have preferred a Koren DIL, why is that so tragic?  They never said or insinuated they did not like her, Jihoon was answering a question.  I would like DIL's someday (like in ten years) that I can communicate with as well!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I don’t get why she can’t move to the USA and he must move there because he cheated.  

It's like when Emily made Ross give away everything Rachel had ever touched and promise to never see her again.  The wronged party gets to impose their demands.

Edited by Quof
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought I saw her drinking from a bottle as well.

Per Mother Jihoon saying she would have preferred a Koren DIL, why is that so tragic?  They never said or insinuated they did not like her, Jihoon was answering a question.  I would like DIL's someday (like in ten years) that I can communicate with as well!

And Mother Jihoon even explained that the reason she preferred a Korean DIL is because they were friendly and tended to bond with the MIL. If Deaven would just try... 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

How do we know she didn’t tip him though? Leave Brittany alone lol geez

• Love 1

Deavan needs to stop getting pregnant lol. The person I feel the most sorry for is Jihoon’s mom. Deavan’s mom seems to have substance issues,just the way she greeted his parents was very weird and uncomfortable to watch honestly. Elicia is pretty on the outside though lol but she is what she said she is,which is a “spoiled American”. Jihoon should have been driving lol imo. Tim seemed creepy to me,how do we know his girl isn’t cheating too lol she is a beautiful Columbian or Brazilian right lol. Brittany seems harmless still lol her man is the one with the problem. He looked like he had been drinking when he went off lol his eyes are very wild. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I met NPH at The Magic Castle an he didn't mention you.....

giphy.gif

I'm not sure where or when it happened and I didn't see it myself but apparently Deavan has sniped at people for calling Drascilla four and when it's pointed out that on the show it said she was, Deavan said she had just turned three when these scenes were shot and was mad at production for the editing. People have allegedly found proof that she was four when it was filmed, not three like she is saying. So,  I have no idea how old she was but if she was still in diapers or a pull-up at night, I can see her wearing them on the airplane, too. No excuse for a bottle, though.

Deavan's mom and maternal aunts have serious issues. Deavan once said she thought about writing a book about their life. I think Deavan probably got pregnant on purpose both times as an escape to a better perceived life. She has spoken really well about her step-dad, who I think may have adopted her, but in any case has been in her life since she was young and is the reason for whatever bit of stability Deavan had in her life.  Seeing her mom on the show helps clarify why she wants to be in another country. Her mom posted a couple of video clips of SK that I found interesting and posted in Deavan's Couples Thread That's a spoiler thread but the videos don't spoil anything. In a comment on one of them, she said she could answer questions in a few weeks, so I wonder if she's thinking up an excuse for coming across as an Ugly American.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ErikaOnline said:

How do we know she didn’t tip him though? Leave Brittany alone lol geez

I know how editing is, and so I turned a watchful eye to any creative cuts! 

But they show the guy set her last bag down in the room and then walk past her out of the room, into the hallway and push his bellcart down the hall.  

She held the door open and let him pass.  Not so much as a single dollar in her hand.  Younger people often don't have cash, but if you don't have cash for a tip, haul up your own luggage!  Or ask yazan for a couple of bucks to tip the guy. But don't leave the man hanging!

I'm sure Brittney has had a job where she relied on tips.  And if she hasn't I'm sure she has been to plenty of hotels with creepy older men.  She knows about tipping. 

It's a tip, you don't owe it to the bellman, but it just bothers me when people can, but they don't.  

If it is some old or feeble person on a limited income who is clearly too weak to carry their own luggage and cannot afford a tip, I get it. But Brittney is young, healthy and single. 

She could have afforded to give the guy a couple of bucks for all those bags, I would have tipped at least $5, but even a dollar just to show some appreciation. 

She can afford an industrial size bottle of liquor, but she cant afford to give a guy who just hauled up all her luggage and put it in her room like $3? 

But her not tipping just fits with an entitled personality where she feels like people should just be thrilled to do stuff for her because it's such a joy to be in her presence. 

And she had rubbed me wrong with her constant demands to be picked up, for yazan to get the luggage and I don't even think she wanted to push the luggage cart out of the airport.  

LOL, sorry I have my feels about this.  I worked in a hotel many moons ago and I believe in tipping unless the service is inexcusably bad if you can afford it. 

* - I would respect local culture though, I think there are multiple places in the world where you don't tip servers or wait staff.  Brittney is not from one of those cultures.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Christina said:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure where or when it happened and I didn't see it myself but apparently Deavan has sniped at people for calling Drascilla four and when it's pointed out that on the show it said she was, Deavan said she had just turned three when these scenes were shot and was mad at production for the editing. People have allegedly found proof that she was four when it was filmed, not three like she is saying. So,  I have no idea how old she was but if she was still in diapers or a pull-up at night, I can see her wearing them on the airplane, too. No excuse for a bottle, though.

Deavan's mom and maternal aunts have serious issues. Deavan once said she thought about writing a book about their life. I think Deavan probably got pregnant on purpose both times as an escape to a better perceived life. She has spoken really well about her step-dad, who I think may have adopted her, but in any case has been in her life since she was young and is the reason for whatever bit of stability Deavan had in her life.  Seeing her mom on the show helps clarify why she wants to be in another country. Her mom posted a couple of video clips of SK that I found interesting and posted in Deavan's Couples Thread That's a spoiler thread but the videos don't spoil anything. In a comment on one of them, she said she could answer questions in a few weeks, so I wonder if she's thinking up an excuse for coming across as an Ugly American.

Devans mom should just say she was on some prescription medication or forgot some prescription medication.

Like maybe she left her Xanax at home and was super anxious.  It still wouldn't excuse her behavior but it's better than nothing. 

I totally agree with you that Devan got pregnant on purpose with jihoon.  I expect he misrepresented his job and was vague about his income and she thought he was a tech guy working in South Korea and would be able to move to the US and offer her financial stability.  

If there is one thing we have learned...it's that jihoon lies and misrepresents the situation quite often and without too much, if any, regret.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I know how editing is, and so I turned a watchful eye to any creative cuts! 

But they show the guy set her last bag down in the room and then walk past her out of the room, into the hallway and push his bellcart down the hall.  

She held the door open and let him pass.  Not so much as a single dollar in her hand.  Younger people often don't have cash, but if you don't have cash for a tip, haul up your own luggage!  Or ask yazan for a couple of bucks to tip the guy. But don't leave the man hanging!

I'm sure Brittney has had a job where she relied on tips.  And if she hasn't I'm sure she has been to plenty of hotels with creepy older men.  She knows about tipping. 

It's a tip, you don't owe it to the bellman, but it just bothers me when people can, but they don't.  

If it is some old or feeble person on a limited income who is clearly too weak to carry their own luggage and cannot afford a tip, I get it. But Brittney is young, healthy and single. 

She could have afforded to give the guy a couple of bucks for all those bags, I would have tipped at least $5, but even a dollar just to show some appreciation. 

She can afford an industrial size bottle of liquor, but she cant afford to give a guy who just hauled up all her luggage and put it in her room like $3? 

But her not tipping just fits with an entitled personality where she feels like people should just be thrilled to do stuff for her because it's such a joy to be in her presence. 

And she had rubbed me wrong with her constant demands to be picked up, for yazan to get the luggage and I don't even think she wanted to push the luggage cart out of the airport.  

LOL, sorry I have my feels about this.  I worked in a hotel many moons ago and I believe in tipping unless the service is inexcusably bad if you can afford it. 

* - I would respect local culture though, I think there are multiple places in the world where you don't tip servers or wait staff.  Brittney is not from one of those cultures.  

Oh I know about tipping haha. I just don’t think they showed everything,she could of given the man something while he was in there unpacking lol that’s just what I thought she did lol. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Agreed, Devan keeps trying to make jihoon into someone he isn't.  

She took a gamble and got a dud.  It's like when they used to give away prizes in cracker Jack's, like sometimes you got lucky and it was a bomb ass rub on tattoo and sometimes you got a lame paper pencil topper.  

The stakes are much higher, but Devan was hoping for a bomb ass temporary tattoo and ended up with a pencil topper of a man.  You cannot make a pencil topper into a rub on tattoo no matter how hard you try. I know this first hand.

I really do feel for her, because I think jihoon represented himself online as a temporary tattoo.  Luckily she has that doe eyed stereotypical "American" look that might work out for her in a number of settings in south Korea.  But she is going to eventually she out of that.  

I don't know what she is going to do when this show is over.  Can jihoon ever come to the states?  Would it matter if his conviction was remote?  Does US immigration view a conviction from 5-10 years ago the same as one from last year?,. Could they allow him to immigrate if he and Devan had been married a long time?,

3 minutes ago, ErikaOnline said:

Oh I know about tipping haha. I just don’t think they showed everything,she could of given the man something while he was in there unpacking lol that’s just what I thought she did lol. 

LOL. You're a much more generous soul than I. 

I didn't see any of her bags open while the guy was hauling in the luggage, but you're right, it's possible that she had her purse and gave him the tip before he left because she didn't want to forget. 

I had to chase down a delivery guy into the street like a fishwife the other day because I had literally forgotten to tip him. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Way too extended of a farewell scene of Kenneth's family.  The one daughter is sad for herself as she told him that he basically allowed her to have "alone time" and leave her son with him.  Now they can all start living their own independent lives.

I'm glad you brought this up because it has been bugging me for awhile.  The dependence the daughter has on Kenneth is a bit odd to me.  I don't remember seeing a husband/boyfriend in her life so I guess I can understand why she turned to her dad for assistance and he certainly doesn't seem to mind but something about how dependent on him she seems to be is a bit bothersome.  I'm hesitant to say anything because I like Kenneth and his family very much but something just seemed off to me. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, RealReality said:

From whototip.com on the page about staying in hotels in Jordan:

"Hotel workers in Jordan are well versed in the etiquette of tipping. In almost all cases they will expect something for any service they provide. For example, a porter should be tipped 1-2 dinars per bag. Maids should be tipped at least 2 JD per night, and it's polite to tip room service 2-5 JD as well. The concierge should be tipped 5-20 JD depending on the task or flavour you request.

There will likely be a 10% fee included in your bill, however this is usually reserved for behind the scene staff and not those you encounter daily."

We cruise often (at least we USED to).  There is a daily charge on each passenger's bill for tipping, but that goes to the "behind-the-scene" staff (busboys and others who do not serve specific passengers directly).  We ALWAYS tip our room steward and - if we've had traditional dining (same table/servers every dinner) - table stewards.  These folks have taken care of US . . . not everyone.

And when we stay in hotels, we always leave $5 on the bed daily for whoever cleans the room.  Brit's dad looks like he has the means to have taken her on vacation.  She should know this stuff. 

Edited by AZChristian
added "do not"
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

His tears seemed real to me. I think he realizes how extremely fortunate he was to find a great girl who apparently loved him, despite his past. He blew it and he knows it, which is why he’s so desperate to get her back. I agree with what his mom said in the previews: Melyssa may forgive him, but it will always linger. 

And is this the first time EVER that the friends actually like the boyfriend/girlfriend and aren't questioning their motives??? 

Those girls were PIISSSSSEEDDDDD at him after he told them he cheated.

12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Probably because she doesn't want to be 'stuck' if it does happen again. If he cheats again while in Columbia then that's on him and she's home and has support and kick his ass to the curb for the next taxi to the airport.  She probably doesn't realize that some of his friends would be on her side and give her support.  We haven't heard how much time she's spent around his friends.

• Love 2

I don't know what she is going to do when this show is over.  Can jihoon ever come to the states?  Would it matter if his conviction was remote?  Does US immigration view a conviction from 5-10 years ago the same as one from last year?,. Could they allow him to immigrate if he and Devan had been married a long time?,

I think he would have to get his record expunged.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

5 most uninteresting things about Timmytim.

1. His stupid nickname.

2. His milquetoast personality

3. His secret...some chick offered her hallway and you threw your hot dog down it...yawn...

4. Teaching your cat...the cat was just messing with you and wanted to see you crawl on all fours

5. How you got a Colombian to fall in love with you online...she wants to be on teevee...duh

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

From whototip.com on the page about staying in hotels in Jordan:

"Hotel workers in Jordan are well versed in the etiquette of tipping. In almost all cases they will expect something for any service they provide. For example, a porter should be tipped 1-2 dinars per bag. Maids should be tipped at least 2 JD per night, and it's polite to tip room service 2-5 JD as well. The concierge should be tipped 5-20 JD depending on the task or flavour you request.

There will likely be a 10% fee included in your bill, however this is usually reserved for behind the scene staff and not those you encounter daily."

We cruise often (at least we USED to).  There is a daily charge on each passenger's bill for tipping, but that goes to the "behind-the-scene" staff (busboys and others who serve specific passengers directly).  We ALWAYS tip our room steward and - if we've had traditional dining (same table/servers every dinner) - table stewards.  These folks have taken care of US . . . not everyone.

And when we stay in hotels, we always leave $5 on the bed daily for whoever cleans the room.  Brit's dad looks like he has the means to have taken her on vacation.  She should know this stuff. 

Let me just say that the hotel staff love you.  It's so rare that people remember to tip the housekeeping because they don't see them.  When I worked at a hotel, the housekeeping staff were so grateful for tips because they were unexpected, they often could really use the money and because it was nice for them to know that their hard work was appreciated.  

I once went along with the housekeeping supervisor to learn how to clean a room and it was hard work.  The housekeepers are budgeted like half an hour per room and that was the case even if they a Paul and karine mess.  

So good on you, it's awesome that you and your husband are thoughtful and generous

8 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

5 most uninteresting things about Timmytim.

1. His stupid nickname.

2. His milquetoast personality

3. His secret...some chick offered her hallway and you threw your hot dog down it...yawn...

4. Teaching your cat...the cat was just messing with you and wanted to see you crawl on all fours

5. How you got a Colombian to fall in love with you online...she wants to be on teevee...duh

That cat was not having it.  

• Love 2