Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Ace of Stew Face

• Start Topic

With bad weather rolling in and down her Second Stew, Hannah scrambles to manage the interior with only Jess to rely on. Captain Sandy and Malia draw a hard line with the deck team when they call the guys out for their questionable behavior. Kiko struggles to prepare a picnic lunch for the first off-boat excursion of the season. After surviving the charter, Hannah is rewarded with a Second Stew, but she quickly realizes the newest addition to her team may be more than she bargained for.

Airs June 22, 2020.

28 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kiko can’t make a beach picnic? That seems odd. He is Brazilian. Can’t he just grill some steaks and serve some yucca fries and chorizo.

It’s not a beach setup it’s in the middle of town with no grill. That said they usually overstate the issues in the blurbs. The preview didn’t even show him but rather Jessica messing things up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Hannah is such a miserable twunt! She got rid of Lara, rightfully so. Now she’s going to gripe about Jess who may not have tons of experience but seems eager to learn. I guess she’s mad because she might have to actually do some work for half a charter. This proves to me that she’s just a bitch who will never be satisfied with anyone or anything. She claims to love kids but complains about how dirty the guest’s kids are. Karma is coming to visit you Hannah!

Way to motivate your crew Sandy, complaining to the one stew who’s doing any work about the state of the laundry room, of all places. Not exactly a priority location when you’re down a stew. Sandy loves to bitch about trivialities. At least she didn’t complain about the laundry to Hannah because Hannah doesn’t need more ammunition to bitch about Jess.

Im surprised to find myself not hating Malia. She seems to be doing a good job. She’ll prob go far in the yachting world. 

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 13
(edited)
20 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

I’m familiar with her name, but don’t remember Bugsy. Which season was she?

I think she was on the season of Adam and the onions and Hannah coming on to the guest.  Adam told Hannah that Bugsy would be a better chief stew. It was probably the only time any of us would have agreed with anything said by Adam.  Bringing Bugsy back is a loud and clear “fuck you” to Hannah. This should be fun!

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 12

Sandy gets more annoying every week.  I feel bad for Jess.  She seems to be really trying and Hannah just dumps on her.  I get that she's stressed, but should tone it down a bit.

Nice docking job.  The weather is being very uncooperative.  Nice tip!

Bugsy.  Bring on the drama!  Hannah is crapping cupcakes.  lol!

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Of course Pete didn’t realize he was calling Malia sweetie and sweetheart.  Of course.  Nice try.

Pete is the epitome of a douchebro and about as self-aware as a rock. 

• Love 19
38 minutes ago, tinaw said:

I hope Bugsy is better without Adam in her ear and heart.

They just need to work and help each other

As if that’s going to happen lol. I think Hannah will to manipulate the shit out of the situation to make Bugsy and Jess hate each other.  

• Love 4

Sandy reminded me of my old manager. It was a snowy day.  We made it in to work, barely.  My manager as a thank you, tells the nurse's aid to defrost the refrigerator.  Guess she didn't think she was busy enough after risking her life to come to work.  Sandy bitching to Jess about the messy laundry, I think that would be low priority with being short of help.  But then, it is a super yacht, eye roll.

Loved all the film of the crew enjoying the little ones.  Looks like Hannah will be a great mom. 

Thought they were going to edit Pete out.  Guess they didn't have time yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
16 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Thought they were going to edit Pete out.  Guess they didn't have time yet.

They said they were going to try to limit his role in the back half of the season. He will still appear in those episodes,  just not hopefully as much but there is only so much they can do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Of course Pete didn’t realize he was calling Malia sweetie and sweetheart.  Of course.  Nice try.

Yeah, that was bizarre. Seriously, dude?

However, Malia is pathetic. She whines to Cap'n Sandy about being called "sweetie" (something she should have addressed herself if she was a good leader) and throws the whole deck team under the bus for something only Peter called her. That was weak, especially from the bosun.

Then, Cap'n says something to the "boys" (as Malia calls them) about "do guys like to be called sweetie?". FYI, Sandy...guys routinely call other guys (who are friends) a lot worse, and guys don't whine about it. Not a good look for Malia at all. She gets weaker each episode.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So Jessica and Rob decided to inconvenience Kiko for no reason? She currently has a no roommate, they could have hooked up in her bed and let Kiko have access to his bed and clothes. I reply hate inconsiderate assholes.

Or maybe they were told to use that cabin.

It's pretty obvious they're going to play up the enmity between Hanna and Bugsy.  That's why the producers cast Bugsy -- don't buy for a second that Sandy makes that decision.

They probably had some potential cast members signed up to stand by in case they needed replacement cast.  Supposedly these people have frequent yacht gigs so unless they happened to reach someone that met with their approval AND they happened to be available to fly to Spain.

More likely they had these secondary people in a hotel within a couple of hours flight of Mallorca.  Because you'd first have to fly to probably Madrid or Barcelona and then take another flight.  There might be direct flights to Palma from London and Paris too.  In any event, it could be a 15-20 hour trip from the US, with 2 or 3 connections.

These replacement crew aren't arriving to another continent jet lagged, so the likelihood is they were already in Europe.

Of course Bugsy is South African so she may not reside in the US but it would still be a long trip from South Africa as well.

When and if they "fire" Hanna, it would have to be a producer decision.  She's been a mainstay for several seasons.  Hanna may bail rather than get pushed off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, scrb said:

Or maybe they were told to use that cabin.

Not everything is producer manipulation and you actually aren’t required to “do as your told”. They were drunk but it was still annoying as fuck.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Did anyone catch Hannah on WWHL?  I thought she looked great and seemed extremely happy.   She will be about nine months pregnant if she participates in the reunion.  It should be great.  Hannah will be near her due date.  She will also be free to tell Sandy what she really thinks about her and her stupid tablescapes.  Hannah will not have two f*cks to give.  

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, scrb said:

It's pretty obvious they're going to play up the enmity between Hanna and Bugsy.  That's why the producers cast Bugsy -- don't buy for a second that Sandy makes that decision.

Same reason they cast Rhylee - she's there to stir up drama.  And, no, Lee didn't make the decision to hire her either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

However, Malia is pathetic. She whines to Cap'n Sandy about being called "sweetie" (something she should have addressed herself if she was a good leader) and throws the whole deck team under the bus for something only Peter called her. That was weak, especially from the bosun.

If I got yelled at for something I wasn't doing, I would make her life hell.  If I'm getting yelled at, I'm going to earn it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hannah barely lifted a finger setting up and tearing down that picnic. And let's go ahead and make my remaining stew hate me. I don't feel I can properly emphasize how much Hannah fucking sucks.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

At dinner table, "How did you go to being the Number One Band in the World" ???

I have no idea about America but they were definitely popular in Australia. They were one of those bands that got a lot of airplay whilst being recognised as crap by anyone who had taste. Hannah's comment about him calming down about his place in history was spot on.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I know I'm not totally hip, but if they were that, I think I would have heard of them.

I can only think of and hum one song they did, "I Saw The Sign," that is it, Roy Orbison...now that is whole different level of famous!

• Love 13
7 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

First of all, your abbreviation makes me think of Cap'n Crunch.  Which may actually be apt for Sandy.

I liked the fact that the other guys seemed to be like - yeah Pete, knock it off - instead of being upset about getting scolded for something they knew they hadn't done.

• Love 19
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I can only think of and hum one song they did, "I Saw The Sign," that is it, Roy Orbison...now that is whole different level of famous!

I agree with you - I always thought Ace of Base was more of a "one hit wonder", but maybe that was just here in the U.S., and they were more popular in Europe and other parts of the world.

Roy Orbison, however - he is a legend.  And, I thought it was absolutley adorable to see his grandson playing the guitar and singing "Pretty Woman".  

• Love 19
11 hours ago, nytonc said:

As if that’s going to happen lol. I think Hannah will to manipulate the shit out of the situation to make Bugsy and Jess hate each other.  

Its possible. Or Bugsy is gonna try to get jessie on her side against Hannah

It wouldnt surprise me if Bugsy inacted some revenge on Hannah

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Once again for me, Kiko had the highlight of the episode, being surprised at the site of Jess and Rob in the cabin and then turning his giggling face at the camera and then saying to the other guys, "They're KISSING!"  He is so adorable.  The other highlight was the little one singing "Pretty Woman."  

If I were on a yacht and had a Brazilian chef I would love it if he made Brazilian food for at least one meal (provided it met my dietary needs, of course).  It's not like he's feeding that fish dish to every guest at every meal.  SANDY.  Does he think Roy Orbison Jr. is going to go meet up with the first charter guests and they'll all compare notes and be insulted that they both got that dish?

By her measures, she should be walking by the breakfast table every morning and sniffing "Oh, he's giving them croissants and eggs every day!  A chef should be able to do things besides breakfast food for breakfast!"  (Damn, now I want croissants.)

She also goes from micromanagement-direction to "It PISSES me OFF!!!!" in the blink of an eye.  Tell Jess the laundry room is too messy for your liking, and then see if she complies.  Use adjectives and verbs, not name-calling "slob."  Jess couldn't even get a word in edgewise to say she heard/would do it/etc. until the end of the rant!  Same with the end-of-last-ep beginning-of-this rant to the deck crew--She started out telling them not to call Malia sweetie, and then quickly shifted into "Don't call me SWEETIE!  I'm your CAPTAIN!" making it all about some presumable past issues (which I'm sure she has had and which are tough in male-dominated industries, but nobody there, not even Pete, was calling her sweetie).  

Agreed that Hannah playing with kids is the best side of Hannah.  I'll even say that Pete with the kids was the best side of Pete, except that he has no other good side to me, whereas Hannah has some okay-ish sides LOL (don't like her much, but don't hate her).

What mellow guests.  If kiddie food smears and a slightly boastful fellow (who's going on and on to his friends, and in answer to one of their questions, not trapping a crew member into being a captive audience) are the worst they could do, they are among the easiest ever!  And going to bed right after dinner....  

Broken glass.  Pete's a fool.  If we break something, I find something really sturdy to put it in (like a cat food bag or kitty litter bag, which are thick) and then *that* goes into the trash can.  I don't want any of us getting cut or even the trash guys, though they have thick gloves and generally wouldn't rummage around in our pail or bag; I just want to be extra cautious!

• Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

I know I'm not totally hip, but if they were that, I think I would have heard of them.

The band sold something like 30-40 million albums worldwide (when album sales truly meant something). I'm not a fan but that isn't chump change. They were huge way beyond Sweden.

Edited by LaLaLaLa
Clarification
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

This is all scripted already.

Ot is how they will segue into a new Chief Stew.

I don’t think Bugger is charismatic enough to take over but we shall see.

This is what I'm looking forward to seeing--if Bugsy actually is a competent Chief Stew.  I'm curious to see how it goes. 

She seemed like she would be good. The one season she was on, she worked hard, but that may not translate to good supervisor. 

She was over Hannah's bullshit pretty quickly.  It took her too long to say it though.

At the very least, Bugsy coming back, pisses Hannah off.  And I'm totally here for that!  

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

So Jessica and Rob decided to inconvenience Kiko for no reason? She currently has a no roommate, they could have hooked up in her bed and let Kiko have access to his bed and clothes. I reply hate inconsiderate assholes.

Kiko is too sweet. I would have told them to get out, so that I could sleep.  I hate seeing people being taken advantage of. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with you - I always thought Ace of Base was more of a "one hit wonder", but maybe that was just here in the U.S., and they were more popular in Europe and other parts of the world.

Well, David Hasselhoff is a huge singing star in Germany so I guess anything is possible, lol.

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

If I were on a yacht and had a Brazilian chef I would love it if he made Brazilian food for at least one meal (provided it met my dietary needs, of course).  It's not like he's feeding that fish dish to every guest at every meal.  SANDY.  Does he think Roy Orbison Jr. is going to go meet up with the first charter guests and they'll all compare notes and be insulted that they both got that dish?

By her measures, she should be walking by the breakfast table every morning and sniffing "Oh, he's giving them croissants and eggs every day!  A chef should be able to do things besides breakfast food for breakfast!"  (Damn, now I want croissants.)

I agree.  It's not like the charter guests are all meeting later to discuss what was served every meal!  If a chef repeats dishes from charter to charter what is the problem with that, as long as they are well executed and the guests are happy?  

I thought Kiko was cute when he was looking at Jess and Rob and giggling about them kissing.

I did not think Hannah was out of line - sorry if you disagree.  She and Jess were both working their butts off (shame on Cap'n Sandy) and Hannah was not giving herself a break but managed to give Jess one, which she extended (not much but she did, not to mention that she lost her uniform by her messiness).  As for the picnic, Hannah had to accompany the guests back to the boat so that there would be service on the boat - she couldn't be in two places at once.  I didn't see Jess staying up late at night cleaning up the tables after dinner service.  It was a dreadful situation and I think both of them were working as hard as they could and I also think they were both a little whiny...LOL!

• Love 23
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

so I know it's TV, but how does one get the privilege of setting up a fancy picnic in the middle of the plaza outside the cathedral?

There's a lot of open public space around the cathedral.

Maybe when they obtained the license to film in Mallorca and specifically Palma, it included the right to use this space temporarily.  

There may have been onlookers walking by.

Though they did also film inside the cathedral too so if the grounds are controlled by the diocese, maybe they asked them about setting up a picnic table.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Yeah, that was bizarre. Seriously, dude?

Then, Cap'n says something to the "boys" (as Malia calls them) about "do guys like to be called sweetie?". FYI, Sandy...guys routinely call other guys (who are friends) a lot worse, and guys don't whine about it. Not a good look for Malia at all. She gets weaker each episode.

The only person that deserves criticism for Pete's behavior is Pete. Not Malia for complaining about it. Not Sandy for putting an end to it. Not Rob and Adam for not putting Pete in his place. I'm glad that Adam was aware that it was directed at Pete and for Rob for talking to Malia about it directly. But I roll my eyes at criticizing Sandy for nipping such sexist behavior in the bud. 

• Love 19