Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Heart My Broken

• Start Topic

Deavan has serious doubts before moving back to South Korea. Kenny has an emotional family dinner. Ari's family confronts her about Biniyam's motives. Jenny takes a leap of faith to be with Sumit. Brittany is Jordan-bound with a shocking secret.

Airs June 15, 2020.

It is hard to tell who the bigger liar is, Summit or Jahoon. 

I can imagine that Arjela’s parents and Britney’s dad are extremely worried.  They probably take comfort in the fact that their child is most likely going to return to the U.S.  But in the meantime, they are bound to be sleepless nights. 

Jenni is hell bent on being with Summit.  I admire her daughters for being so supportive.  If she were my mother, I do not think I could be. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Also posted in episode two, as I thought it was the right place. Maybe I was wrong.

I hope things work out for Jenny. I would not even book a plane ticket to India until I saw the official, signed divorce papers. Sumit has told many many lies. His brother seems decent enough and has expressed the family concerns. If Jenny was 10 years younger, maybe. Hopefully her daughter will take her in again when all this goes belly-up.

Kenneth, what products do you use besides sunscreen? You are genetically blessed. Your kids will carry on without you. At least they can visit you in Mexico.

Ariela still comes across as naive and entitled. The dude in Ethiopia has one kid already and a very similar pattern - history repeating itself. Keep your options open. You have had several months to do an internet search on the customs and culture of Ethiopia, including religion. I still would have waited til I had the baby and then flown there.

Deaven, you are learning a tough lesson on getting knocked up by a semi stranger the night you meet him and then move all the way to South Korea without knowing him all that well, realizing you are footing the bill for all of you, and he really has no desire to get a job or look after the kid. He takes care of his puppy better. His barber/fortuneteller should have warned him to grow up and get a job or he might fall victim to some unfortunate circumstances.

Brittany, chug that wine. You may not be allowed to drink much of anything in Jordan. Her father picked a bad time to talk to her about life. Surely you can find some sort of inflatable wig holder. This has disaster written all over. Your 'fiance' will be your 'fiance' for a long time and he has women prospects in relatives. You are moving to a soap opera, where half the town is related in some way.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 16
(edited)

Seemed like nothing happened on this episode.  It must be expensive traveling back and forth to Korea and India and it is going to be even more so in the future so hopefully these lovebirds can figure it out.

Jenny sometimes has this look like she just sucked a lemon.

I too wondered why Devean was wearing a mask in the house, editing was a little off, most of the episode she was back in Utah but maybe I dozed off for a spell. 

Hopefully some of theirs stories move forward next week.

Brittany was sure guzzling the booze or was it just water?

Edited by endure
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SeenYouWitKieffah said:

Jihoon is crazy/dumb!! Claiming to have a job, but doesn't know the salary... 

I'm just here for your screen name 😂🤣😂

OAN: Is Jenny really going to take penalties on her SS for Sumit??? Has she not learned a damn thing from all this? His parents "can't talk" because they thought they were rid of your ass Jenny! You're still a secret and there are MANY more blows to be dealt if you continue this trainwreck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
57 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm just here for your screen name 😂🤣😂

OAN: Is Jenny really going to take penalties on her SS for Sumit??? Has she not learned a damn thing from all this? His parents "can't talk" because they thought they were rid of your ass Jenny! You're still a secret and there are MANY more blows to be dealt if you continue this trainwreck. 

Jenni is the physical embodiment of the word "derp"

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10

So Jihoon has no job and a small dick, and Deavan thought this was marriage material? Okay. 

Speaking of jobless people, how is Sumit paying for that apartment we saw him moving into? Are they really going with that budget Jenny put together in the last episode that gives them $75 a month of wiggle room?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

We've got two couples with similar age differences this season.  Kenny and Armando both seem to be emotionally mature adults.  Sumit and Jenny are emotionally stunted adolescents.  Kenny and Armando have a plan for their financial future.  Sumit seems quite happy to be unemployed and live off Jenny's social security.  I will be very surprised if there is ever a finalized divorce never mind a second marriage for the shifty little catfisher and his "derp". 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ThereButFor said:

We've got two couples with similar age differences this season.  Kenny and Armando both seem to be emotionally mature adults.  Sumit and Jenny are emotionally stunted adolescents.  Kenny and Armando have a plan for their financial future.  Sumit seems quite happy to be unemployed and live off Jenny's social security.  I will be very surprised if there is ever a finalized divorce never mind a second marriage for the shifty little catfisher and his "derp". 

Word to Kenny and Armando even though I do worry about Kenny proposing marriage so quickly. 

The Thanksgiving dinner with Kenny and his family was sweet.  My gut is telling me that Kenny seems to be closer to his triplet daughters than to his son.  I can't put my finger on it but something just seemed a bit off when his son and he where doing their T.H. interview about the age difference....maybe his son's body language IDK, something just felt uneasy.  Maybe he was just nervous to be on camera *shrug*

• Love 4
(edited)

The reality of Jenny and Submit seems to escape Jenny. She's at the age that she could be having some cognitive decline. If that's the case, it would be impossible to convince her of the risks of the situation.  I strongly suspect that Jenny considers her daughter a fallback plan. I would imagine her daughter realizes that she may be summoned to support Jenny and Submit for the rest of their lives. If they are evicted from their abode in India for lack of payment, where will they live?  I don't think his family would take them in, based on what we've seen. Do they have shelters?  Would Jenny qualify for public assistance in India, IF she's not married to Submit, because, he may still be married to his wife.  She wouldn't be able to work and could she even get home due to covid?  No matter what you tell Jenny, it just doesn't register.  I could see her cracking up and ending up in a mental health facility, if Submit is not available.  I hope I'm wrong, but, the chances of them living happily ever after........IDK.  

Deaven, seems to be outside of reality too.  She says, Jahoon better do this, Jahoon better do that, I mean it. Well, he hasn't and he won't .  He has some kind of issues that maybe need professional help.  I wonder if it's a disorder or something.  Once again, the maturity level is middle teens at most.  Since they are married, she and the children may qualify for benefits, no?  I have a feeling that as soon as covid restrictions are lifted, Deaven will return to US, unless, she's allowed to work.  

Brittney's annoys me because, I can't imagine that she really envisions herself in that country and living that lifestyle.  It makes no sense.  Plus, she's flirting with danger.  I can't believe her father didn't really stress how risky it might be to enrage someone with really shocking news that way.  Not a good idea at all. 

I like Kenny and Amando, but, I do wonder if there is so much mental strain on them both that they can really enjoy their new life together.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
(edited)

In Deavan's defense, she met Jihoon when she was 21 (?), so I'm willing to cut her the tiniest bit of slack. Given that she already had a toddler, she might be one of those girls that thought having a baby means you have to stay together forever/a catalyst for your man to grow up/whatever. And after tonight, it sounds like she was (sort of) trying to be responsible when she conceived Taeyoung, but the condom fell off. Now she's having to support a 30-year-old 15-year-old because He's The Father when they should've just left it at two drunken weeks of sex. 

4 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

I think it's because the older ones are almost always colossal sleazebags jacking off to their own power as they dangle a green card in exchange for head and use their Savior Complex to deny their midlife crisis, sex tourism, or lack of appeal, and the younger ones are either soulless robotic scammers or (more likely) victims of bone-crushing poverty, none of which made a particularly compelling love story lol. Usually the older one just wants hot young ass. Kenny and Armando don't feel predatory or exploitative because Armando seems well-established, Kenny doesn't seem to get off on the age gap, and they actually bonded over mutual experiences and have a shared foundation. It's not about geriatric horniness for once! And despite chronologically being a baby gay, Armando is 31 and divorced so he's lived some life - it's not like Kenny is plucking some barely legal boy toy from poverty (hey Sean/Abby and Allan/Kirlyam).

Jenny/Sumit is confusing because sometimes he feels like a scammer and other times he seems genuinely into her - he's def blowing all her money, but it also seems to be part of some deeply buried mommy kink/old lady fetish that he has. Jenny acts like she's 18, it's creepy.  

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 20

I'm rooting for Sumit and Jenny. I disagree with all the lies he told, however I can understand why. He was forced into an arranged marriage with someone he doesn't love and was terrified that he would loose the woman he truly loves. Hopefully he's stopped lying and can move on with Jenny. 

Jihoon is too immature to raise a baby chicken, much less a child. Deavan is learning the hard way that sometimes giving into your immediate attraction for someone doesn't always work out the way you expected. I love his dad who very nicely told him to grow all the way up.

I get the sense that Ariela's (sp) dad will not accept a biracial baby.  His "why couldn't you find a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn " did not sit well with me. They didn't seem to have a problem when she dated someone from Argentina,  so why have an issue that her new man is from Ethiopia.  She's a grown woman who can love who ever she wants.  

Brittany, girl abort mission!! You don't want to convert to Islam,  you like being independent and you're still married to your ex. How does she think that living in Jordan will work out in her favor.  I think she and Yazan are in love with the idea of each other.

• Love 13
(edited)

Ariela seems to be very confident, yet naive at the same time.  I wonder if her contention that she doesn't know much about things involving her baby's daddy is a lie and that she does know, but, doesn't want to share it. Maybe, the ex-wife and other baby story is not one she wants putting out there.

Has she said what about living in Ethiopia she likes?  Based on her upbringing, I would imagine it will be a big change for her, but, it's doable. She reminds me in looks, personality and mannerism  of John David Duggar's wife Abbie from TLC show Counting On.

Photo here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7966193/John-David-Duggar-wife-Abbie-boot-cameras-delivery-room-new-TLC-special.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe

The scene in the airport with the mannequin/wig stand was something straight out of "Designing Women." I could just picture Suzanne Sugarbaker in the same predicament. "Excuse me. EXCUSE me! Now, I need my wigs just in case my real hair won't lay right. You all need to find a way to accommodate both me and my mannequin or I'm gonna sue for discrimination! Tell 'em, Julia!"

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I'm rooting for Sumit and Jenny. I disagree with all the lies he told, however I can understand why. He was forced into an arranged marriage with someone he doesn't love and was terrified that he would loose the woman he truly loves. Hopefully he's stopped lying and can move on with Jenny. 

I might agree with you had he not started out by catfishing Jenny.  That alone would have been enough to send me packing

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I might agree with you had he not started out by catfishing Jenny.  That alone would have been enough to send me packing

While I would have blocked him immediately,  she was able to forgive him and fall in love with him. I can't imagine being forced into a marriage with someone I've never met with the expectation that I would stay married to them no matter how miserable I am in that situation.  That's mostly why I have some empathy for him. Now if he comes up with another lie I have no problem revoking my empathy. 

• Love 4

Kenny and Armando...I want those two to win so badly. So far they are my fav 90 day participants. However, I'm waiting for the tea pot to fall, and bad tea to dribble out. 

Jenny acts like a school girl who just got asked to the prom. I'm all about a good love story but Sumit has lied repeatedly about MAJOR stuff. It wasn't like he lied about his favourite ice cream flavour. He will continue to lie. And after the fresh smell of Jenny wears off, Sumit will get tired of clipping toenails and whiny behavior. GUARANTEED.

Jihoon is lazy & immature. He doesn't seem interested in his family anymore. He looked bored/pissed off when Deaven called him.  My goodness, their baby is so cute tho. 

Ariella appears smug, and a bit of a spoiled princess.  

• Love 17

One thing that's really irritating me so far, three of these women are apparently unhappy with the idea of moving to countries where women aren't treated the same as they are in America. They all seem to think "That doesn't apply to me, thought, and that they're the female lead in some weird version of Mulan that makes a 1500 year old traditional culture completely re-examine their ways and see that America has it right, dammit! Newsflash, Brittany, the lady who's competing with Ongie for crispiest hair, and Jenny: you aren't special. If you want to be treated like an American woman, don't move to Jordan. I get that having a vibrator shouldn't be a big deal, but IT IS THERE, like it or not. Either adjust to the mindset or don't move there. And Britney's being really dishonest if she doesn't plan on converting to Islam and it's important to Yazan. Just say "I'm not doing that period," and go back to hunting sugar daddies in the states, the gross ones who like your braces. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

One thing that's really irritating me so far, three of these women are apparently unhappy with the idea of moving to countries where women aren't treated the same as they are in America. They all seem to think "That doesn't apply to me, thought, and that they're the female lead in some weird version of Mulan that makes a 1500 year old traditional culture completely re-examine their ways and see that America has it right, dammit! Newsflash, Brittany, the lady who's competing with Ongie for crispiest hair, and Jenny: you aren't special. If you want to be treated like an American woman, don't move to Jordan. I get that having a vibrator shouldn't be a big deal, but IT IS THERE, like it or not. Either adjust to the mindset or don't move there. And Britney's being really dishonest if she doesn't plan on converting to Islam and it's important to Yazan. Just say "I'm not doing that period," and go back to hunting sugar daddies in the states, the gross ones who like your braces. 

Agreed!! My thoughts on Britney are 1) she wants tv exposure and 2) didn’t she say she wants to be a rapper?  Moving to Jordan won’t accomplish that goal but being on tv just might.  I am getting so sick of people coming on these tlc shows for not the reason intended.  I include Ed, Stephanie, Ceasar, Britney, Tom.  Did I leave out anyone?  I even think Yolanda is going to come out with something or other because I refuse to believe she does not know what a British accent sounds like.  Lol. David, on the other hand, was just hopelessly hopeless.  

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, lh25 said:

49 minutes ago, spunky said:

While I would have blocked him immediately,  she was able to forgive him and fall in love with him. I can't imagine being forced into a marriage with someone I've never met with the expectation that I would stay married to them no matter how miserable I am in that situation.  That's mostly why I have some empathy for him. Now if he comes up with another lie I have no problem revoking my empathy. 

What I cannot get over (after the catfishing), is that he consented to the marriage and THEN invited Jenny to India and didn’t tell her he was married. She thought she was coming for the explicit purpose of MARRIAGE. And he was married to someone else. 

If he had any sort of integrity or honor at all he would’ve told Jenny what was up before she came the second time. What did he think would happen? She would be his mistress forever? Did he think his wife would get sick of him and leave WITHOUT her damn dowry??

It would be a different story if he ended things with Jenny, got married, realized it wasn’t working and tried to get Jenny back while working on his divorce/dowry repayment. That would speak to a guy who made a mistake and wanted to be with someone else, not a lying liar who lies. 

• Love 16
Just now, Uncle JUICE said:

Also, Deavan is an absolute DRIP for television. It's like she has negative charisma. She's basically Collin from Things We Do In Shadows. 

Yeah Deavan built quite a life for herself in Utah sponging off her parents.  When you can support yourself then you have built a life. She acts proud that she saved enough for one month’s rent in South Korea lol.  Most people pay twelve.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I'm not sure what Deavan is doing for money, but, I would imagine saving up money, when you are also the sole supporter for two kids woud be very difficult.  If she has to pay for child care, that's a huge chunk of money.  I can't imagine how she could afford to pay for child care.  Hopefully, she gets help from her family.  Jahoon seems to have done zero to show responsibility, so, moving there was such a risky move.  Then covid strikes.  It seems things went from bad to worse pretty quick.  But, even without covid, how would they survive in South Korea?  Could Deaven work and Jahoon keep the kids?  I'd have serious concern about that.  He may decide to go skateboarding and leave the kids on their own for the afternoon.  He's pretty flighty. 

• Love 4

I don't know who I fear more: Deavan and Jihoon or Angie and Michael. The tour she was giving of her new house was like "Well, here's the kitchen, the bed I'm going to grind your pelvis into powder on, and oh yeah, here's the lady from the shower scene in The Shining, say hello, quick word of advice don't look directly at the weird necrosis on her face, it will tell you how you die."

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah Deavan built quite a life for herself in Utah sponging off her parents.  When you can support yourself then you have built a life. She acts proud that she saved enough for one month’s rent in South Korea lol.  Most people pay twelve.

I cannot stand Deavan, and her diatribes about Jihoon not stepping up. Deavan what have YOU done....live off of your parents while choosing to have TWO children. Seems like you and Jihoon are two peas in a pod, only you’ve made this choice twice, why do you think you’re morally superior to him?

If Deavan had become sick or disabled or something that would be a different thing, or if she sold her home in the states for money (or brought a nest egg) for them to live off of and Jihoon squandered it that would be a different story.

10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure what Deavan is doing for money, but, I would imagine saving up money, when you are also the sole supporter for two kids woud be very difficult.  If she has to pay for child care, that's a huge chunk of money.  I can't imagine how she could afford to pay for child care.  Hopefully, she gets help from her family.  Jahoon seems to have done zero to show responsibility, so, moving there was such a risky move.  Then covid strikes.  It seems things went from bad to worse pretty quick.  But, even without covid, how would they survive in South Korea?  Could Deaven work and Jahoon keep the kids?  I'd have serious concern about that.  He may decide to go skateboarding and leave the kids on their own for the afternoon.  He's pretty flighty. 

I don’t see how Deavan is the sole supporter for two kids when she has been living with her parents and being supported by them when she met Jihoon initially- she returned to their house when she left Korea. 

Deavan may have had some type of job when Drusilla was a baby, but I have no doubt that her parents pay the mortgage/utilities/food/household products etc for EVERYONE that lives there. It’s also possible her Mom watched Drusilla or pays for childcare. She (Devan) wasn’t working a “regular” job last season. 

I think Deavan is more upset that life in Korea wasnt like she thought it would be, and if she has to live with elders she would prefer her own parents. Which of course I get, but that doesn’t make her a better provider/parent that Jihoon. 

• Love 12

Sorry about the empty post the software here seems buggy and won’t let you fix or delete many things. 

I thought Deavan’s job was face painting at a theme park. That’s the kind of seasonal work high school and college kids do.  I also remember something about wanting to do makeup for film and television (like our cold shoulder friend in Maryland) but I don’t know how feasible that is in Utah.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

Sorry about the empty post the software here seems buggy and won’t let you fix or delete many things. 

I thought Deavan’s job was face painting at a theme park. That’s the kind of seasonal work high school and college kids do.  I also remember something about wanting to do makeup for film and television (like our cold shoulder friend in Maryland) but I don’t know how feasible that is in Utah.

If Deavan wanted to be a makeup artist that’s certainly honest work- they have local news reporters etc Utah and all of those productions need makeup artists.

One can be self supporting (even as a single parent) if you are willing to work hard and build your skills (news productions, weddings, events etc). But something tells me that’s not how she was going about it. She was likely “killing time” with a part time job “focusing on being a mom”- again her parents are free agents and if they are okay with that it’s their house/money, but how do those choices put her in a position to criticize Jihoon for not earning a living?

We are on the same page @MrBuhBye. If Deavan said that she rushed into the marriage with Jihoon and they didn’t know each other well and maybe they aren’t compatible, that would be honest. “I miss my family more than I thought.”- Honest. Likely she went back to Utah for a combination of reasons, but it’s not all Jihoon’s fault. 

For the record I believe he should be working, providing for his kids and caregiving (if they are in the same country), he’s got responsibilities but Deavan isn’t an honest narrator. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, it's really almost impossible to work full time, pay for child care, pay rent, utilities, car, insurance, food, gas, clothes, diapers, etc. IF you have a minimum wage situation.  It really takes two people working or one of them needs a higher paying job. This is why a lot of young single parents live with a roommate or family member.  Most don't net enough to pay the rent and and child care not including all the other expenses, if making minimum wage.  I wonder if Jahoon's mother could help provide child care while Deaven and Jahoon work.  With their limited resources, I'd think it would be stressful.  I can't see Jahoon living that way, since he focuses on low stress and being carefree.  With all those bills, it'f often nose to the grindstone. I recall working full time and attending college part-time.  It was pretty rough for a few years.  If he knows he can't do it, he should just tell her before she goes over there. Apparently, they are just too different. 

Plus, I don't think living with Jahoon's parents is an option. They made it clear they wanted them out. They have no intention of supporting Jahoon or his family. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I think Deavan is more upset that life in Korea wasnt like she thought it would be, and if she has to live with elders she would prefer her own parents. Which of course I get, but that doesn’t make her a better provider/parent that Jihoon. 

They're both equal deadbeats when it comes to money, but Deavan is the only one keeping the baby alive. Jihoon is not doing any nighttime feedings, diaper changes, etc. That labor has lots of value to the family.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it's really almost impossible to work full time, pay for child care, pay rent, utilities, car, insurance, food, gas, clothes, diapers, etc. IF you have a minimum wage situation.  It really takes two people working or one of them needs a higher paying job. This is why a lot of young single parents leave with a roommate or family member.  Most don't net enough to pay the rent and and child care not including all the other expenses, if making minimum wage.  I wonder if Jahoon's mother could help provide child care while Deaven and Jahoon work.  With their limited resources, I'd think it would be stressful.  I can't see Jahoon living that way, since he focuses on low stress and being carefree.  With all those bills, it'f often nose to the grindstone. I recall working full time and attending college part-time.  It was pretty rough for a few years.  If he knows he can't do it, he should just tell her before she goes over there. Apparently, they are just too different. 

In my state if you are working and still can’t afford child care the state pays for it. So if Utah doesn’t offer that she can always relocate.

• Useful 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, endure said:

I too wondered why Devean was wearing a mask in the house, editing was a little off, most of the episode she was back in Utah but maybe I dozed off for a spell. 

They did flash “7 months earlier” on the screen before showing her in Utah so maybe you missed that?

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 3
Just now, IvySpice said:

They're both equal deadbeats when it comes to money, but Deavan is the only one keeping the baby alive. Jihoon is not doing any nighttime feedings, diaper changes, etc. That labor has lots of value to the family.

Absolutely Jihoon should be doing his share of heavy lifting with the baby. He can’t just go to work and hang out with his friends like he did when he was single. 

But I haven’t heard Deavan say “he doesn’t want to care for the baby” or “doesn’t care about the baby.” if she did I am wrong and will amend my stance. 

• Love 1

The scene where she had on a mask appeared to be an apartment in South Korea to me. Then, they went back in time to her in Utah.  I figured that someone must have been in the apt with her that she was aware of or she was demonstrating how they were living with masks. 

5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

In my state if you are working and still can’t afford child care the state pays for it. So if Utah doesn’t offer that she can always relocate.

That's an incredible benefit. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

What I cannot get over (after the catfishing), is that he consented to the marriage and THEN invited Jenny to India and didn’t tell her he was married. She thought she was coming for the explicit purpose of MARRIAGE. And he was married to someone else. 

If he had any sort of integrity or honor at all he would’ve told Jenny what was up before she came the second time. What did he think would happen? She would be his mistress forever? Did he think his wife would get sick of him and leave WITHOUT her damn dowry??

It would be a different story if he ended things with Jenny, got married, realized it wasn’t working and tried to get Jenny back while working on his divorce/dowry repayment. That would speak to a guy who made a mistake and wanted to be with someone else, not a lying liar who lies. 

I didn't watch last season,  so I was just going by how they were both describing the situation.  In that case Sumit can go back to his arranged marriage and Jenny needs to concentrate on enjoying her life with the family she has here.

• Love 1

One thing is for sure: no matter how shitty the USA can get, and sometimes it can feel pretty fucking shitty (basically 2020 can go fuck itself forever), it's STILL the best place to live on earth. The stuff we take for granted! 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, spunky said:

I didn't watch last season,  so I was just going by how they were both describing the situation.  In that case Sumit can go back to his arranged marriage and Jenny needs to concentrate on enjoying her life with the family she has here.

Oh yeah- Sumit invited Jenny to come to India, live with him and marry him without ever informing her he was married.

Jenny had visited him before, and when his parents found out they thought it best he get married than spend his energy on Jenny- so a marriage was arranged for him (which he consented to). 

After Jenny arrived to India (believing she was his fiancé), he got them an apartment away from where he was living with his family/wife and eventually Sumit’s “disappearances” were too much, his family found out and told him to cut the shit out, and Jenny found out about everything- and then came back to the USA. 

Some posters question if the thing was staged- but the look of pain in Jenny’s eyes was real to me and I can 100% see a situation where Sumit’s father in law showed up and demanded he fulfill his duties to the marriage, or leave it and return the dowry. 

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh yeah- Sumit invited Jenny to come to India, live with him and marry him without ever informing her he was married.

Jenny had visited him before, and when his parents found out they thought it best he get married than spend his energy on Jenny- so a marriage was arranged for him (which he consented to). 

After Jenny arrived to India (believing she was his fiancé), he got them an apartment away from where he was living with his family/wife and eventually Sumit’s “disappearances” were too much, his family found out and told him to cut the shit out, and Jenny found out about everything- and then came back to the USA. 

Some posters question if the thing was staged- but the look of pain in Jenny’s eyes was real to me and I can 100% see a situation where Sumit’s father in law showed up and demanded he fulfill his duties to the marriage, or leave it and return the dowry. 

I have no words. 

I have zero sympathy for Ariela or Deavan.  Both of them had unprotected sex with men from other countries they barely knew and both of them want to get married AND raise the child in said country.  In Ariela's case, she doesn't know a thing about her man's religion or culture.  BTW, her dad gave me racist vibes.  I think Deavan is just looking for a fairy tale ending and Jihoon might just be into American women.

When Sumit was first introduced, he said something about liking white women.  What's wrong with Jenny?  Does she have some cognitive deficit?  (does EVERYTHING have to be a diagnosis or issue or syndrome?)  NO, IMO Jenny is looking for love, the type of love that is sold to us every day on TV or in the movies.  She wants that love and feels entitled to it and it doesn't matter how old she is, she deserves it. 

I don't get some comments that are like, "Jenny should just stay home and enjoy her grandchildren" as if when a woman gets to a certain age, she should just stay home, knit and then simply die because she's OLD.  As if when you get to a certain age you don't have the same feelings you had when you were younger. 

That said, I think Jenny is foolish to go overseas for a man who lied to her from the very beginning of their "relationship."  He catfished her and then lied about being married.  Sure there are guys in the US who could do the same thing to you, but if that happens in the US, at least you won't be stranded in a foreign country.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I have zero sympathy for Ariela or Deavan.  Both of them had unprotected sex with men from other countries they barely knew and both of them want to get married AND raise the child in said country.  In Ariela's case, she doesn't know a thing about her man's religion or culture.  BTW, her dad gave me racist vibes.  I think Deavan is just looking for a fairy tale ending and Jihoon might just be into American women.

When Sumit was first introduced, he said something about liking white women.  What's wrong with Jenny?  Does she have some cognitive deficit?  (does EVERYTHING have to be a diagnosis or issue or syndrome?)  NO, IMO Jenny is looking for love, the type of love that is sold to us every day on TV or in the movies.  She wants that love and feels entitled to it and it doesn't matter how old she is, she deserves it. 

I don't get some comments that are like, "Jenny should just stay home and enjoy her grandchildren" as if when a woman gets to a certain age, she should just stay home, knit and then simply die because she's OLD.  As if when you get to a certain age you don't have the same feelings you had when you were younger. 

That said, I think Jenny is foolish to go overseas for a man who lied to her from the very beginning of their "relationship."  He catfished her and then lied about being married.  Sure there are guys in the US who could do the same thing to you, but if that happens in the US, at least you won't be stranded in a foreign country.

I don’t have sympathy for Ariela or Deavan either. 

Last season I was the first to stand up for Jenny- her kids were grown, she wasn’t hurting anyone, and if she didn’t like it she can come home. Sumit is such a liar I don’t want to see her get hurt. She reminds me of Darcy- a sweet person but not the brightest. 

We are on the same page. But Jenny does have to be practical, if it doesn’t work out with Sumit (again!) how’s she going to support herself?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The reality of Jenny and Submit seems to escape Jenny. She's at the age that she could be having some cognitive decline. If that's the case, it would be impossible to convince her of the risks of the situation.  I strongly suspect that Jenny considers her daughter a fallback plan. I would imagine her daughter realizes that she may be summoned to support Jenny and Submit for the rest of their lives. If they are evicted from their abode in India for lack of payment, where will they live?  I don't think his family would take them in, based on what we've seen. Do they have shelters?  Would Jenny qualify for public assistance in India, IF she's not married to Submit, because, he may still be married to his wife.  She wouldn't be able to work and could she even get home due to covid?  No matter what you tell Jenny, it just doesn't register.  I could see her cracking up and ending up in a mental health facility, if Submit is not available.  I hope I'm wrong, but, the chances of them living happily ever after........IDK.  

Deaven, seems to be outside of reality too.  She says, Jahoon better do this, Jahoon better do that, I mean it. Well, he hasn't and he won't .  He has some kind of issues that maybe need professional help.  I wonder if it's a disorder or something.  Once again, the maturity level is middle teens at most.  Since they are married, she and the children may qualify for benefits, no?  I have a feeling that as soon as covid restrictions are lifted, Deaven will return to US, unless, she's allowed to work.  

Brittney's annoys me because, I can't imagine that she really envisions herself in that country and living that lifestyle.  It makes no sense.  Plus, she's flirting with danger.  I can't believe her father didn't really stress how risky it might be to enrage someone with really shocking news that way.  Not a good idea at all. 

I like Kenny and Amando, but, I do wonder if there is so much mental strain on them both that they can really enjoy their new life together.  

India Has a very large population that they struggle to provide services for.  If Jenny ends up out on the streets, Indian social services aren’t going to waste precious resourcing a stupid foreigner who is the author of her own misfortune.   She will have to find the US embassy and throw herself on their mercy.   

• Love 10

Before moving to Korea, Deavan worked at a furniture store but claimed the show told her not to disclose it because she would be harassed and/or stalked there, which is the same thing others have said and likely true.

Instead, they had her listed as a model who only did a few shoots in one of those exchange groups, where the photographers, makeup artists and models traded time for prints. She also worked the entire month of October each year in some type of Fright Fest event doing the makeup. 

She was one of the first of her season to sign up with the clickbait companies, which make a good amount of money, now has an OnlyFans account for her boudoir photos, and if they were paid the same as other castmembers have said, she and Jihoon would be paid $10k each. 

Deavan is having a hard time keeping her story straight. After the season ended, she went off on people on her Instagram and shared how she had only returned to the US to bring Drucilla back with her and that they only stayed with his parents for about a week. Drucilla needed another immunization for her visa to be granted, she received it, but they were waiting on the visa when it was time to fly to Korea. Since the show arranged the flights and filming schedule, she decided to go without Drucilla and have her parents bring her when they had their Korean wedding. When it was filmed for last season, Drucilla was already there, but she had refused to allow them to film the kids because she said people were bullying her daughter and accusing her of Taeyung not being Jihoon's. As expected by everyone, she is filming the kids this season because it's the only reason the show was interested in her. Deavan doesn't have a huge fan base of her own because she is over dramatic online.

She also claimed they had filmed a lot that wasn't shown and it looks like that is what we are watching now, so it may have been filmed before she pulled the kids. Their episodes started airing while they were still filming. It is probably also true that they stayed with his parents for only a week because she returned to Utah and rented a home for them before she returned.

I was surprised that she admitted the plan was for her to be a stay at home parent, because one of her rants was how she couldn't get a work permit in SK for some reason, and others online agreed what she was saying was true. I think, but really don't remember for certain, that they were expensive for anyone who didn't have a needed skill. I was also surprised she insulted Jihoon with the condom comment; some things are cruel to say. I'm sure she will justify it somehow as not being how people took it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4