Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Heart My Broken

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, John M said:

I am personally utterly fascinated with this recurring theme on this show, now with Syngin, Paul, Kalani and Jihoon that you somehow just, get a well paying job like it is catching a fish

Yeah . . . when he gets his green card, he's going to be a fireman.  Or go to Hollywood and be an actor.  Or look into being an opera singer.

What is he, 5 years old being asked, "What do you want to be when you grown up"?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah . . . when he gets his green card, he's going to be a fireman.  Or go to Hollywood and be an actor.  Or look into being an opera singer.

What is he, 5 years old being asked, "What do you want to be when you grown up"?

In fairness to him, you can be a raging drunk and do at least two of those jobs.  Life goals. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Deavan:  Nice thought that the kids need a dad.  However, he is a man-child, not a dad.    If he has not stepped up by now, he never will.  Even his friends can’t see him working hard and supporting his family!!  😂😂 I wonder if she would be wasting all this money on travel costs if TLC wasn’t paying for it.

Yazan:  His dad was correct the first time  This is NOT going to work.  He is being open minded ASSUMING Brittany is going to do it their way.  That is a pipe dream.  She is not even there yet and she’s going on about how she’s an American and what she is and is not going to do.  Then, when she gets there,  she hugs men and shows up with alcohol.  She has absolutely no idea what she’s getting into. She needs to get on a plane and go home.   And it doesn’t matter that she’s not Muslim. In that country, they don’t care if you’re not Muslim.  You follow their rules in their country.  And frankly, I see nothing wrong with that. I was married to a Jordanian who I met in college. When I understood what I was expected to be when I went back with him, I divorced him.

Ariela:  What exactly does this man see in her.  She appears to be spoiled and entitled.

• Love 8

I like Deavan. I feel I may be alone in this. Jihoon is hilarious but she has her work cut out if she wants to stay with him.

I was sniggering last night because the dutch subtitles translated "extra snug" as "extra large".

I take birth control pill, but every guy I slept with brought their own condoms (how would I know what size to buy in advance???). I always assumed from this that all guys carry a condom in their wallet just in case.....perhaps I have limited experience 😅

The comment about why don't you find a nice Jewish boy in Brooklyn was, I thought, totally said tongue in cheek, also the comment about a bris. The guy was winding her up.

You know, seeing how delusional some most of the people are on this show *coughjennycough* it has made me question what major aspects of my self or circumstances might I be deluded about?

• Love 3

Kind of a dull group this time. Jenny and Submit and Jihoonie and Deavan’s Thigh Tattoos are the same dull story they were last season. And if the editing was so fake that DeavanDog wasn’t really taking about Jihoonie’s peepee, then this show is too dishonest.

The couple I don’t understand is Britt and Yaz. Yaz has some strong interesting features for sure, but looks way too much like a couple terror bombers from the FBIs Most Wanted List too long ago. Britt seems like someone just hit her in the head, like she just suffered a concussion. And the scary part is... she talks exactly like her Dad. Half smile, devoid of Uh, anything. Dull affect, nervous laughter because she knows how stupid she sounds. Clearly an alcoholic. And I cannot believe someone spends the amount it costs to surgically add 65 pounds of fat to her ass. O.M.G.

Anyway, she’s having to decide when to tell Yaz about being married. But Yaz and his Dad know she was married, at least. She is an American girl with her own culture and she respects all the Muslims but is not interested. Yaz on the other hand feels she is planning to convert and is ready to marry within the first few days. He thinks he can please his off the charts Dad.

Um... have either of these 2 people even spoken to each other? The US/Muslim culture clash is always a train wreck, but this one has 2 people  who seem to have absolutely no idea that the other one has the exact opposite expectations of Britt in Jordan. It’s weird.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SG11 said:

Yaz has some strong interesting features for sure, but looks way too much like a couple terror bombers from the FBIs Most Wanted List too long ago.

OUCH!   I'm old enough to be Yaz's grandmother (maybe older).  I think he's an extremely handsome young man and a beautiful representation of his heritage.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

OUCH!   I'm old enough to be Yaz's grandmother (maybe older).  I think he's an extremely handsome young man and a beautiful representation of his heritage.

I think I could agree with you and still maintain my point. I wasn’t making a blanket statement about his ethnicity (although it sounded like it), but I’ve worked with that FBI list a bit and his face really does look a lot like someone that used to be there. I considered posting his and that guys picture side by side, but decided against it. I think it’s fair to say he is a very typical looking of a Jordanian Arab, although certainly very much on the attractive side.

• Love 1