Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Heart My Broken

• Start Topic

Maybe because I usually watch the show while doing the live chat and I watched it solo this time, but I was bored by this episode. TLC is stretching themselves thin with all these spin offs.

I don't think Jenny should have to be alone, but better she find somebody closer to home. She must not be that picky because she accepted Sumit after she found out he wasn't the guy in the pictures he was catfishing her with.

If Deavan wanted to be a stay at home mother she should have had a baby with a man who is more financially stable. Jihoon doesn't want to work and has a small penis? Good luck with that.

Ariela and Brittany I am not into. And I am waiting for the shoe to drop on Kenneth and Armando because they are too pure for this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Don't get me wrong, I think his segments are funny as hell, but Jihoon is passing over into Submit levels of pathological lying. This is not some dumb kid goofing off-this is a grown ass man. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Xena said:

If the condom falls off, the next morning you are waiting outside the door of Walgreens at opening time to buy yourself Plan B.  

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, logic has no place here.  🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

When Sumit was first introduced, he said something about liking white women.  What's wrong with Jenny?  Does she have some cognitive deficit?  (does EVERYTHING have to be a diagnosis or issue or syndrome?)  NO, IMO Jenny is looking for love, the type of love that is sold to us every day on TV or in the movies.  She wants that love and feels entitled to it and it doesn't matter how old she is, she deserves it. 

I don't get some comments that are like, "Jenny should just stay home and enjoy her grandchildren" as if when a woman gets to a certain age, she should just stay home, knit and then simply die because she's OLD.  As if when you get to a certain age you don't have the same feelings you had when you were younger. 

That said, I think Jenny is foolish to go overseas for a man who lied to her from the very beginning of their "relationship."  He catfished her and then lied about being married.  Sure there are guys in the US who could do the same thing to you, but if that happens in the US, at least you won't be stranded in a foreign country.

Jenny is certainly entitled to look for love.  But perhaps not in India with a guy who has been super lying since day one, and without any money on either side.  (I actually think Sumit has real feelings for Jenny, but he's too weak of a man to take the steps to really be with her).  And my only diagnosis for her is sad sack.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Christina said:

I was also surprised she insulted Jihoon with the condom comment; some things are cruel to say. I'm sure she will justify it somehow as not being how people took it.

That was surprising. This man is her husband, to say such an intimate thing about him on television- it was unkind and cruel. 

1 hour ago, Xena said:

If the condom falls off, the next morning you are waiting outside the door of Walgreens at opening time to buy yourself Plan B.  

Yup!

• Love 11
On 6/16/2020 at 12:33 AM, Frozendiva said:

Also posted in episode two, as I thought it was the right place. Maybe I was wrong.

It looks like episodes are only 1 hour.  Premiere night we got two episodes, now only one.  So second night of episodes, but episode #3.  When in doubt, I look for the title.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2020 at 4:04 AM, Kangatush said:

I will freely admit that I'm a train wreck with money.  So you know what I don't do?  Make choices that get me less, do a lot of International travel, support shiftless partners, and have children with virtual strangers.

I am dying laughing at your comment. I mean, you would think even if you're a financial expert you wouldn't do any of them except the travel part.

• Love 3

I don't know about Ariela, but, didn't Deavan just make a point when she was packing to say that she made sure to take plenty of the SNUG fitting condoms this time. Implying that it slipped off before, resulting in pregnancy.  It was a big joke over on Pillow Talk about having to get SNUG fitting ones.  Plus, even if used correctly, birth control is not 100% effective. 

9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't know about Ariela, but, didn't Deavan just make a point when she was packing to say that she made sure to take plenty of the SNUG fitting condoms this time. Implying that it slipped off before, resulting in pregnancy.  It was a big joke over on Pillow Talk about having to get SNUG fitting ones.  Plus, even if used correctly, birth control is not 100% effective. 

Yeah she was throwing shade at the size of Jihoon’s penis. 

I understand that even if used correctly medical contraception isn't 100% effective, but the way these people talk it’s 20-30% effective because they ALL claim to use contraceptives and end up having kids.

Yet there are plenty of people that use contraceptives and have no children or only have children when they aren’t using contraceptives. So it’s my belief that they are lying about their contraceptive use- just based on numbers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

What a snoozefest. This was one of those episodes in which everything is the same:

We sit through multiple interations of "I'm going to [wherever] and I can't wait." Followed by lengthy conversations with friends/family saying "I'm going to [wherever]." And family saying something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to go to [wherever]? What if..." and then the show ends. 

We had to watch the whole Devan saga all over again. Jihoon is a man baby. He's 29 years old and has no means of supporting himself let alone a family. He doesn't seem to get it. He's a child and likely babied to death by his parents. Druscilla/Godzilla still seems like a wild child. I kind of feel for Devan but all this back and forth for a guy who does not support them and lies is a bit much.

The Jersey girl going to Ethiopia gets on my nerves. Just the sight of her. She seems like she was spoiled growing up and thinks she is the shit or something.

Brittney needs to give Avery (of Avery and Omar) a call and have a long discussion about expectations when dating/marrying/moving in with a devout muslim. Her attire will never fly in Jordan and will cause all sorts of drama in that guy's family, not to mention in town. 

I FF past Jenny and Sumit because frankly, I don't care one whit about them.

Love Kenny! Love. Love. Love! I hope Armando is able to make peace with this parents. I do worry that if this is his first gay relationship, once he settles into life, he may get a little restless being tied down to one person, whereas Kenny being older and at a different place in his life may want just that. I hope it works out for them. I just love them.

• Love 11
(edited)

Does Summit want a green card... or does he have real feelings for Jenny?  I don’t get his motives. Maybe he’s just a pathological liar and can’t help himself?

I mean, what’s in it for him, except for the TLC money? Jenny is poor, looks every bit her age and not exactly a fun date. Jenny thinks it’s a love story.. them against the world kind of thing.

Sigh...  I guess if people didn’t do stupid things we’d not have reality TV?

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 8

Something about watching Jenny talk about her future.....it's sad. I honestly don't think she's thinking clearly.  It's as if she's under a delusion.  As much as Submit says he loves Jenny, I just don't see that alone making him get work. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get some comments that are like, "Jenny should just stay home and enjoy her grandchildren" as if when a woman gets to a certain age, she should just stay home, knit and then simply die because she's OLD.  As if when you get to a certain age you don't have the same feelings you had when you were younger.

I agree that Jenny has just as much a right to love as a Silver Single as anyone, she just needs to go about it differently.  Chasing down a married lying man 4000 miles away is not the way to do it.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, spunky said:

I get the sense that Ariela's (sp) dad will not accept a biracial baby.  His "why couldn't you find a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn " did not sit well with me. They didn't seem to have a problem when she dated someone from Argentina,  so why have an issue that her new man is from Ethiopia.  She's a grown woman who can love who ever she wants.  

Brittany, girl abort mission!! You don't want to convert to Islam,  you like being independent and you're still married to your ex. How does she think that living in Jordan will work out in her favor.  I think she and Yazan are in love with the idea of each other.

Per Ariela's dad - I am not sure I am ready to call her dad a racist....yet.  I get the "nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn" as that is what most Jewish parents want for their kids - a Jewish spouse.*

Brittney - SCRUB THE MISSION!!!  Stay home with your handsome dad and bask in his glory.  Yes you can drink in Jordan, just not chugging it at a restaurant.  You don't have to wear a hijab (although when meeting the parents it might be a good idea) but girl......tuck in your plumpies and cover up your skin.  Frankly. Yazan is not that big of a catch to me - he seems pretty bland, looks stoned and is REALLY pushing Islam on her.  

*=Hall of Famer Rod Carew, a famous Minnesota Twin, tells the story of being brought home by his Jewish girlfriend to meet the folks.  They were like, look he is great, we don't care that he is from Panama -  but he is not Jewish.  Now I am not suggesting all parents are like this.....I think it just a funny story.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree that Jenny has just as much a right to love as a Silver Single as anyone, she just needs to go about it differently.  Chasing down a married lying man 4000 miles away is not the way to do it.

Per Ariela's dad - I am not sure I am ready to call her dad a racist....yet.  I get the "nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn" as that is what most Jewish parents want for their kids - a Jewish spouse.*

Brittney - SCRUB THE MISSION!!!  Stay home with your handsome dad and bask in his glory.  Yes you can drink in Jordan, just not chugging it at a restaurant.  You don't have to wear a hijab (although when meeting the parents it might be a good idea) but girl......tuck in your plumpies and cover up your skin.  Frankly. Yazan is not that big of a catch to me - he seems pretty bland, looks stoned and is REALLY pushing Islam on her.  

*=Hall of Famer Rod Carew, a famous Minnesota Twin, tells the story of being brought home by his Jewish girlfriend to meet the folks.  They were like, look he is great, we don't care that he is from Panama -  but he is not Jewish.  Now I am not suggesting all parents are like this.....I think it just a funny story.

Yeah I have a friend who is of Indian descent and his parents insisted on a wife who was of Indian descent and Hindu (many Indians are not) and a vegetarian (most Hindus are not).  And he wanted someone younger and shorter than him so those five things really narrowed the pool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Amen!  Her dad would be just as upset if the boyfriend was in Italian Catholic.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Does Summit want a green card... or does he have real feelings for Jenny?  I don’t get his motives. Maybe he’s just a pathological liar and can’t help himself?

I mean, what’s in it for him, except for the TLC money? Jenny is poor, looks every bit her age and not exactly a fun date. Jenny thinks it’s a love story.. them against the world kind of thing.

Sigh...  I guess if people didn’t do stupid things we’d not have reality TV?

Race fetishism? It happens to white people too. He did go on record as preferring white women. I dated an Indian man who would only date white women, to the chagrin of his parents, who kept trying to set him up with Indian women in their locale. He ended up marrying a white woman but I have no idea how that turned out for them. He was a nice enough guy, but I got the feeling he was actively pushing back against his culture. He was also kind of a redneck--guns, lifted truck, "manly" attitude, country music, all that. It was an interesting few months. 

His wife wasn't decades older than him, at least, and she seemed nice enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I going to leave the US and have my baby in Ethiopia...said by nobody ever.

I really REALLY wish one of these women laughed audibly and asked "No, seriously." Do they have post-natal yoga classes in Ethiopia?

My biggest gripe with these bozos of both sexes is they do absolutely zero research about these places when they want tomove there. Look, you want to get your leisure time fuck on when you're on a trip? GO FOR IT. I don't care, either gender, get it! I'm WITH THAT! But then you have that goofball who is SHOCKED that South Africa isn't as safe as Maryland. Lady, you weren't even pregnant. When you hear the guy's criminal history, it's time to cut out of there!

• Love 12

@Pondlass1 @monagatuna

I can believe Sumit does have actual affection and attraction towards Jenny- it’s hard to keep up YEARS of a relationship without some benefit, and it’s not like she’s rolling in dough (so it’s not purely financial).

We have seen several older white women on this franchise use their whiteness as a currency (which white men have been doing forever, just only recently did women have the sexual or economic freedom to do so), but unlike the evil Lisa, Angela or shady Laura, I believe Jenny really does care for Sumit and hasn’t behaved as if she’s entitled to treat him like her servant because she’s offered him her white vagina. *(the most desirable kind under white patriarchy- although these women are no longer young or valuable in a heteronormative market place where pretty young white women are everywhere, they are still a commodity where whiteness is a rarer thing)

All she wants is for him to be honest with her and treat her with respect! (You know like a normal person!!!!)

I think Sumit does not want to be under the thumb of his social responsibilities (breeding with an approved woman, elder care etc) and Jenny is a convenient excuse. If he loved her as much as he actually claimed he wouldn’t have mistreated her the way he did. I believe he likes her but he’s all about himself. 

* of course I think all people are valuable. I’m talking about sexual currency in a heteronormative frame work. Individual people can make individual choices but I’m talking about social TRENDS. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I going to leave the US and have my baby in Ethiopia...said by nobody ever.

"I am going to leave the US and my dad is a doctor, my mom is a nurse and I have been seeing a longtime family friend but I am going to have my baby in Ethiopia."  I have seen some previews and the culture shock hits this one pretty hard!

4 hours ago, Kid said:

Amen!  Her dad would be just as upset if the boyfriend was in Italian Catholic.

My current mother in law wanted for a DIL a baptized Lutheran of mostly if not all Scandinavian descent.  100% Scandanavian?  Great....what?  She is METHODIST?  Try again, sonny.  

Some parents are just really rigid about these things.  Me?  Yah......whatever.

1 hour ago, Uncle JUICE said:

My biggest gripe with these bozos of both sexes is they do absolutely zero research about these places when they want tomove there.

No kidding!!!  It is ETHIOPIA!  It is SOUTH AFRICA!  It is INDIA!  It not moving to Iowa, dumbass.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5

What is Scummy do to make a living?

His parents paid 10K of the payback to the ex wife's father....the down payment on the mutual divorce.

Half of the TLC money for filming this season will go to the ex in laws to pay off the remainder of the dowery debt and half to his parents for a total of 20K.

Do they each earn 10K? They need it.....desperately.

What did Jenny do to build savings while she is sleeping on her daughter's sofa and eating their food these past 5 months? 

She should have been taking any cash jobs she could find...odd jobs plus a full time job to build income....

Her daughter should have taken both her shoulders at the financial planner and shook her  for a full minute when Jenny was so cavailer about forfeiting 30%  of her SS income just so she can be with Scummy now....as stupid as draining her 401K

Hopefully her daughter and daughter in law will send her a couple hundred/month so she can eat in India....

The sheer stupidity of The Other Way Women this season is Mind Boggling.....

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

What is Scummy do to make a living?

His parents paid 10K of the payback to the ex wife's father....the down payment on the mutual divorce.

Half of the TLC money for filming this season will go to the ex in laws to pay off the remainder of the dowery debt and half to his parents for a total of 20K.

Do they each earn 10K? They need it.....desperately.

What did Jenny do to build savings while she is sleeping on her daughter's sofa and eating their food these past 5 months? 

She should have been taking any cash jobs she could find...odd jobs plus a full time job to build income....

Her daughter should have taken both her shoulders at the financial planner and shook her  for a full minute when Jenny was so cavailer about forfeiting 30%  of her SS income just so she can be with Scummy now....as stupid as draining her 401K

Hopefully her daughter and daughter in law will send her a couple hundred/month so she can eat in India....

The sheer stupidity of The Other Way Women this season is Mind Boggling.....

To have ANYONE on my couch and not doing anything would not last a day.  I would have set up CLEAR parameters that you WILL be working.  Yes you are 60 but you ain't dead.  Go work in a shop, Wal-Mart, target.....something!

I sincerely hope Jenny does not pay a dime towards that "Get me out of my marriage" deal.  That is on his seemingly unemployed ass.

• Love 6

Britt has visited Jordan before so she knows what is expected of her in terms of dressing, hair covered, public behavior.

No excuses for ignorance of how to comport herself.

Yazan's parents and siblings have already deemed her unacceptable, sullying the family's name, reputation and business and an embarrassing spectacle...and that is before they find out she is still married.

Why does she need to be with him so badly to risk being spat upon, yelled at, pushed and assaulted for her indecency of dress and hairdo....and that is by Yazan's parents and siblings...

Britt thinks she is so cute and Yazan so horny for her that she will get her way and he will stay with her in an apartment...his parents aren't playing....

She is showing even less common sense than Jenny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Areola is criminally stupid and irresponsible.

Did I miss why Penis Cleavage can't travel to the US to be with Areola for a safer birth of his love child?

Want her mother to slap her smug face at the dining table.

Miss Priss has been insufferable to her family throughout her life...this is just the next phase of her being a spoilt jerk and unfortunately there is a baby's health and well being involved.

Penis Cleavage must have stopped taking steroids, he looks puny in the delivery room scrubs...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jihoon needs to get a vasectomy or Devan an contraceptive implant because they are not responsible enough to prevent pregnancy.

Snug rubbers, if not put on properly or in a timely fashion can get the pre ejaculate (which carries the fastest and best swimmers)  on the wrong side of the barrier and BINGO...another baby neither of them can afford.

Jihoon is a chronic non earner because he is uninterested in actual work...

TLC paychecks are his income.

Why can't Jihoon come live in the US and sponge off Devan's family?

At least in Utah, Drascilla can go to school, be watched by her grandparents, have food to eat.....

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

That was surprising. This man is her husband, to say such an intimate thing about him on television- it was unkind and cruel. 

Yup!

On social media last night Deavan said that the comments were spliced together and that when she was talking about the condom falling off it was in regards to Dracilla's pregnancy with her ex, not Jihoon. 

That may very well be true, reality TV is famous for frankenbites, but this just makes her look even more stupid for getting pregnant with Jihoon...

Speaking of, I spent way too much time last night envisioning a sex fest with him. I'm kinda surprised he was able to buy a plane ticket and get to the hotel in one piece...

(I blame COVID 19. This is day 10 for me and it's as bad as they say it is.)

(edited)

I have a feeling Deavan is not being supported by only her parents. I’m guessing she’s on assistance which means us taxpayers are helping foot the bill. Judging by some of her photos, I’m not so sure she’s going to go far as a make-up artist. Their baby boy is adorable!  I hope Jihoon can grow up quickly and start being responsible but I’m not gonna hold my breath. 

I loved Kenny until he announced that he bought a ring and plans on proposing when he gets to Mexico. I thought he was smarter than that. I have a feeling this relationship won’t last. Armando seems reluctant to come out to his parents, and lied to them about the reason for the camera crew. I think Kenny is his first gay relationship? I hope Kenny doesn’t get his heart broken. 

Not much to say about Britney and Yazam. We know how this will end. Is it just me or does Yazam look a little “off.”  Then he said his parents are related to each other and it all made sense. 

Can’t wait to see how Ari enjoys childbirth in Ethiopia with no epidural. Good luck with that, princess. 

Edited by Phoebe70
Darn autocorrect
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Areola is criminally stupid and irresponsible.

Did I miss why Penis Cleavage can't travel to the US to be with Areola for a safer birth of his love child?

Want her mother to slap her smug face at the dining table.

Miss Priss has been insufferable to her family throughout her life...this is just the next phase of her being a spoilt jerk and unfortunately there is a baby's health and well being involved.

Penis Cleavage must have stopped taking steroids, he looks puny in the delivery room scrubs...

IMO Penis Cleavage isn't traveling to the US because this incarnation of the show has fewer people wanting to be on it so it was easier for Areola to get cast. Survey says she never had any intentions of moving there.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But that's not really what Ariela's dad said.  It was, "You should have married a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn (Wait, don't they live in New Jersey?) and NOT an Ethiopian.  He does realize that there are Ethiopians who are Jewish, doesn't he?  Well maybe not since he seems to think Brooklyn is in Jersey.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But that's not really what Ariela's dad said.  It was, "You should have married a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn (Wait, don't they live in New Jersey?) and NOT an Ethiopian.  He does realize that there are Ethiopians who are Jewish, doesn't he?  Well maybe not since he seems to think Brooklyn is in Jersey.

She got online last night and explained this. Her dad is a Jewish guy from Brooklyn. He was saying that as a joke, as in "marry someone just like me." Which, you know, has a whole other level of snark waiting to happen.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Phoebe70 said:

Is it just me or does Yazam look a little “off.”  Then he said his parents are related to each other and it all made sense.

I was thinking a third nipple or 6 toes on each foot but I will look closer when we get an HighDef look at Yazoo.....

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

She got online last night and explained this. Her dad is a Jewish guy from Brooklyn. He was saying that as a joke, as in "marry someone just like me." Which, you know, has a whole other level of snark waiting to happen.

But that's not what he said.  He should have said, "you should marry a guy like me, a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn."  Be positive, not negative, which is what he was IMO.

10 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Jenny is certainly entitled to look for love.  But perhaps not in India with a guy who has been super lying since day one, and without any money on either side.  (I actually think Sumit has real feelings for Jenny, but he's too weak of a man to take the steps to really be with her).  And my only diagnosis for her is sad sack.

Jenny could take up golf, join a church if she's inclined that way, do square dancing, join Our Time, hang out at the cemetery looking for men bringing flowers to graves for crying out loud. 

7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree. Again, when I worked for the local Jewish Federation, I learned a lot. I mean, I knew some stuff. I've read about Judaism and I know at least broadly the tenets and beliefs. But its not homogeneous. There are Conservative, Reform, Orthodox branches.  There were folks who were very conservative (we couldn't bring a cheeseburger in to the office, and we left at 3 on Fridays in the winter so we could be home before dark), others who were more relaxed. Some people felt very strongly that mixed marriages were undesirable and people should only marry within the religion. One  member was a convert, with a very Irish last name, and some people would say "well, he's not really Jewish". While others insisted that he was as Jewish as they were. Ethiopian Jews were embraced by some, discounted as "not really Jewish" by others.There are shades. That said, there are people who are Jewish and also racist. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But that's not what he said.  He should have said, "you should marry a guy like me, a nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn."  Be positive, not negative, which is what he was IMO.

If half these fools said things the way they should have said them then we wouldn't have a show.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

Areolar's declaration of giving birth to her baby in unknown conditions, away from the cozy medical care given gratis by family friends (is her father an Ob/Gyn?) is a double fisted middle finger and a slap in the face to her parents...what a snot....

Too bad her baby's the victim of her tantrum.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Areolar's declaration of giving birth to her baby in unknown conditions, away from the cozy medical care given gratis by family friends (is her father an Ob/Gyn?) is a double fisted middle finger and a slap in the face to her parents...what a snot....

Her father is a cardiologist. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jihoon needs to get a vasectomy or Devan an contraceptive implant because they are not responsible enough to prevent pregnancy.

Okay, since we are all out there, I will come out and say it:  I used at least two types of birth control....always.....and had a tubal after my second baby.  No regrets.  These people who play (in my opinion) kinda fast and loose......yes, condoms can break or fall off:  THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A BACK UP PLAN like the pill or a diaphram.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

There are Conservative, Reform, Orthodox branches.

Yes and we do not know which branch this chick and her parents belong to.  If I (a Christian) had married a nice Reform Jewish fellow, many people would have accepted our kids as Jewish.  Not so fast with the others, lol.  And those are thier beliefs and I respect them.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Too bad her baby's the victim of her tantrum.

Her brother looked like he had seen this kind of BS many times and was over it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Her brother looked like he had seen this kind of BS many times and was over it.

His eyes rolled out of his head and under the dining table......he didn't even pause his chewing....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6

I was in banking for 30 years or so.  I know many Financial Advisors and many Financial Planners (CFP).  None of them will touch anyone with less than 250k liquid assets.  They deal with money, not social security.  Dude must be a family member of production or just doing this to be on tv. If he’s FINRA certified in anything, he had to jump through serious hoops to get this approved.  So unrealistic. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, since we are all out there, I will come out and say it:  I used at least two types of birth control....always.....and had a tubal after my second baby.  No regrets.  These people who play (in my opinion) kinda fast and loose......yes, condoms can break or fall off:  THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A BACK UP PLAN like the pill or a diaphram.

Amen! I’m Childfree and I’m not married or partnered, I’ve always used two forms of contraceptives. Always. 

So many of these grown ass women living in the USA in the 21st century act as if they don’t have access to contraceptives choices.

A young girl or someone in abusive situation is in a different position- and I’m not making light of how abusive partners can destroy contraception as a means of control, but we aren’t talking about these situations here. 

What we are talking about are grown women & men who were horny and wanted a hook up (nothing wrong with that!) and weren’t as responsible as they should be. I would have more respect for them if they would just own that rather than acting like it makes so much sense to have a baby with someone you barely know from a vacation hook up!

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I was in banking for 30 years or so.  I know many Financial Advisors and many Financial Planners (CFP).  None of them will touch anyone with less than 250k liquid assets.  They deal with money, not social security.  Dude must be a family member of production or just doing this to be on tv. If he’s FINRA certified in anything, he had to jump through serious hoops to get this approved.  So unrealistic. 

I have a financial planner.  They only handle my 401k, which is WAY less than $250k.  I got there because they handled my parents assets.  I went to have a meet and greet with them where they said they'd be happy to handle anything else for me.  I looked at them straight and said, "I'll be poor basically until my dad dies, but thanks."  🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yep. As a woman, when I was dating I never depended on a man for birth control, and I hope my son doesn't count on the woman. I always brought my own protection to the table. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Exactly.  The way I was raised is that it takes two to make a baby, but I'd be the one either carrying it, or making the tough choice not to.  That means I got on the pill before I was sexually active, and always took care of myself.  Condoms are fantastic, and the best way to prevent STIs, but I wasn't going to risk the direction of my life on the durability of some latex alone.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yup!

I haven't watched but admitting she is with a man who doesn't have a job, doesn't have an education, lies to her all the time AND has a tiny dick says just as much about Devan as it does jihoon.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 6/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, lasandi said:

Agreed!! My thoughts on Britney are 1) she wants tv exposure and 2) didn’t she say she wants to be a rapper?  Moving to Jordan won’t accomplish that goal but being on tv just might.  I am getting so sick of people coming on these tlc shows for not the reason intended.  I include Ed, Stephanie, Ceasar, Britney, Tom.  Did I leave out anyone?  I even think Yolanda is going to come out with something or other because I refuse to believe she does not know what a British accent sounds like.  Lol. David, on the other hand, was just hopelessly hopeless.  

You said it!  Fame-mongers, get off the Fiancé Train.  I'm here for the real relationships, good, bad or ugly, but at least authentic.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Don't get me wrong, I think his segments are funny as hell, but Jihoon is passing over into Submit levels of pathological lying. This is not some dumb kid goofing off-this is a grown ass man. 

Someone on Reddit who actually speaks Korean said that Jihoon didn't say he didn't have a job, he said he didn't have a career. That's a big difference. One means he lied outright, the other means he didn't. They need to invest in some new translators.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3