Type keyword(s) to search

Ariela and Biniyam: Haile Suspicious!

• Start Topic

On 6/11/2020 at 3:37 AM, Christina said:

Ariela, a 28-year-old from Princeton, New Jersey, is a recent divorcee who had no plans to fall in love again. Then on a trip around the world, she met Biniyam, a 29-year-old from Ethiopia.

Just going by the original TLC info from page 1 

43 minutes ago, magemaud said:
On 6/11/2020 at 3:37 AM, Christina said:

Ariela, a 28-year-old from Princeton, New Jersey, is a recent divorcee who had no plans to fall in love again. Then on a trip around the world, she met Biniyam, a 29-year-old from Ethiopia.

Just going by the original TLC info from page 1 

Well Ari's still not in love with Bini.  She thought he was hot and probably "exotic" as well.  She probably thought it would be cool to have a baby in Africa, until she realized she was going to have a baby in Africa.

Eventually Ari will have an Instagram page and take plenty of pictures of Avi, to show off her "exotic" baby.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Eventually Ari will have an Instagram page and take plenty of pictures of Avi, to show off her "exotic" baby.

She already did!  I can't find it now but she posted pics of Avi at ten months old.  He will be one year old on 12/17 (I think, could be the 18th)

• Useful 2

Also...his ex? The one at the dance club? She's Ari's best friend. Don't let the show fool you into thinking she's jealous and they don't get along. There are literally more pictures of his ex on Ari's IG than there are of Bini...

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Just watched the sneak peek of this week’s episode. Ari is shown going in the cab to the airport when her mother is going back to the US, but DR WEINBERG IS NOWHERE IN SIGHT! Did they leave him behind? Oopsie! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Just watched the sneak peek of this week’s episode. Ari is shown going in the cab to the airport when her mother is going back to the US, but DR WEINBERG IS NOWHERE IN SIGHT! Did they leave him behind? Oopsie! 

She mentioned that he left a few days earlier because he had to get back to work. What’s with her mom’s eyes?  She looks like a Chow Chow or the Scream mask.

• LOL 2

Oh thanks, I missed that explanation. I figured he’d gone home first. Wait a minute! Daddy had to go to WORK to provide for his family? How dare he! 

Ari has the same heavy lidded eyes that turn down in the outer corners like her mother. Bini gets a sneak peek of what she will look like in 30 years (not that he’ll be around) I’m surprised Mom hasn’t had some work done on her face 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I’m surprised Mom hasn’t had some work done on her face 

I know a few doctor's and their wives who say that you do not put a well body in a hospital bed...as in cosmetic surgery is an opportunity for complications and issues. That said, I know of a dermatologists wife who would really benefit from a little derm refresh but chooses to not do anything and that is a bad advertisement for his practice, lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Daddy had to go to WORK to provide for his family?

So he left early from Ethiopia? Couldn't stay in the third world country to spend time with his darling princess who is suffering from the symptoms of her choices? Double standard Ari?

Yawn.

So tiring watching these attempts to control. Nasty, coddled women. Wish they would throw in a healthy couple once in awhile. Shout out to Armando.

• Love 9

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/10/29/90-day-fiance-stars-ariela-and-biniyam-launch-ethioamerican-store-love-without-borders/

"Ariela and Biniyam have now decided to cash in on their experience on the TLC reality show by starting their own online store. They are selling various homeware items, such as bedspreads, tote bags, clocks, bath mats, shower curtains and clothing. Each item is emblazoned with a cute image of the couple and marked with the logo “Love Without Borders.”

This can't be real, right? Website shows 4 items. Who would want anything with these two imprinted on it?  . . . asking for a friend

• LOL 15
4 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2020/10/29/90-day-fiance-stars-ariela-and-biniyam-launch-ethioamerican-store-love-without-borders/

"Ariela and Biniyam have now decided to cash in on their experience on the TLC reality show by starting their own online store. They are selling various homeware items, such as bedspreads, tote bags, clocks, bath mats, shower curtains and clothing. Each item is emblazoned with a cute image of the couple and marked with the logo “Love Without Borders.”

This can't be real, right? Website shows 4 items. Who would want anything with these two imprinted on it?  . . . asking for a friend

Maybe a toilet brush.

• LOL 15
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

LOL.  I don't have any pictures on wood of my own kids and grandkids hanging in our house. What type of hubris does it take to think that total strangers want a picture of you adorning their walls?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

“I’d love a bedspread with Areola and Bunion’s faces on it,” said NO ONE EVER.

She’d make more money selling eye brow stencils.

Hell, I don't even want to look at Ari's face for the 5 minutes she's on my TV screen. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

When I first read about their launching an ethioamerican store, I thought cool, ethiopia crafts, baskets, materials, etc going to US and possibly US items going to Ethiopia.

Still dumfounded at what it is. Heavy on the dum(b)!

Same! They could have sourced some unique, handmade items from Ethiopia, but instead it's weird crap with their faces on it. Why on earth would they think that is a lucrative business idea?

• Love 10

I read a short article from something called Screen Rant.    Ari told them that she thought going on the show would get Bini a visa to the U.S.    The first time he was turned down three times, even with politicians weighing in for him.   He only got a U.S. humanitarian visa to come to the U.S. because his son was going to be born with a condition that needed immediate treatment.        I read elsewhere that his first wife's next husband wants to, or did adopt the wife's son with Bini.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/22/2020 at 8:09 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Perhaps but it’s against medical advice.  The uncircumcised are more likely to get STDs, including HIV.

Welllll...maybe not.

See: 

Circumcision Myths You May Believe: Hygiene and STDs

Also see:

Sexually Transmitted Infections and Male Circumcision: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

In the above meta-analysis, scroll down to the Discussion section:

4.15. Methodological Choices

In this section the authors explain why studies of HIV in circumcized vs uncircumcised men were not included in their meta-analysis.

Better designed studies need to be performed before we can confidently conclude circumcision offers protection against STDs, including HIV.

After all the hoopla over Aviel's circumcision we should be relieved they didn't have a girl.

FGM (female circumcision) is practiced in Ethiopia. According to data collected by UNICEF,  70 - 89% of women in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, have been circumcized.

Percentage of women in Ethiopia subjected to FGM, by religious affiliation:

Muslim: 82%
Protestant: 68%
Catholic: 58%
Traditional: 55%
Orthodox: 54%
Other: 10%*

With 54% of Orthodox women having been circumcized, there's a strong possibility some of Bini's female siblings and other female relatives were subjected to FGM.

UNICEF data FGM in Ethiopia (pdf)

*I believe Ethiopian Jews are part of the group labeled "Other" in the UNICEF data. According to THIS study, FGM is widely practiced among Ethiopian Jewish sects.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Iman, David Bowie’s widow, is from Somalia.  Her mother saved her from a female Genital Mutilation (I refuse to call it female circumcision because that minimizes it) by conspiring with her aunt, I think it was, who lived many miles away.  She sent Iman there for a few months at the appropriate age and when she came back, she told everyone  her aunt had taken care of things when Iman was staying with her.   Then she got her daughter out of the country as soon as she was able.  

It is a horrible cultural practice and definitely glad Ari had a boy.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Welllll...maybe not.

See: 

Circumcision Myths You May Believe: Hygiene and STDs

Also see:

Sexually Transmitted Infections and Male Circumcision: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

In the above meta-analysis, scroll down to the Discussion section:

4.15. Methodological Choices

In this section the authors explain why studies of HIV in circumcized vs uncircumcised men were not included in their meta-analysis.

Better designed studies need to be performed before we can confidently conclude circumcision offers protection against STDs, including HIV.

After all the hoopla over Aviel's circumcision we should be relieved they didn't have a girl.

FGM (female circumcision) is practiced in Ethiopia. According to data collected by UNICEF,  70 - 89% of women in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, have been circumcized.

Percentage of women in Ethiopia subjected to FGM, by religious affiliation:

Muslim: 82%
Protestant: 68%
Catholic: 58%
Traditional: 55%
Orthodox: 54%
Other: 10%*

With 54% of Orthodox women having been circumcized, there's a strong possibility some of Bini's female siblings and other female relatives were subjected to FGM.

UNICEF data FGM in Ethiopia (pdf)

*I believe Ethiopian Jews are part of the group labeled "Other" in the UNICEF data. According to THIS study, FGM is widely practiced among Ethiopian Jewish sects.

I have studies that go the other way but this is way off topic so I’ll let you believe yours.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Iman, David Bowie’s widow, is from Somalia.  Her mother saved her from a female Genital Mutilation (I refuse to call it female circumcision because that minimizes it) by conspiring with her aunt, I think it was, who lived many miles away.  She sent Iman there for a few months at the appropriate age and when she came back, she told everyone  her aunt had taken care of things when Iman was staying with her.   Then she got her daughter out of the country as soon as she was able.  

It is a horrible cultural practice and definitely glad Ari had a boy.  

See that’s the thing.  Some people say the American should go along with whatever the culture is.  But if the particular practice is barbaric or medieval, if no one stands up to it there will never be change.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Same! They could have sourced some unique, handmade items from Ethiopia, but instead it's weird crap with their faces on it. Why on earth would they think that is a lucrative business idea?

So many creative directions they could've gone in. And they didn't go in any of them.

• Love 3
On 11/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, itsadryheat said:

They are fucking crazy. Anyone who buys that crap is as crazy as they are.

Watched the sneak peek and Biniyam has some interesting ideas. They were at a group christening for Jesus or something like that with priests hosing people with holy water and lots of loud music and voices. He had the baby and was insistent on going deep into the crowd, which naturally, Ari opposed. I had to agree with her. Too many people pushing and too much noise for one-month-old ears and he was so insistent. Let her and the baby stand back while you have your holy experience. Instead, he said she was afraid her evil spirit would get washed away. WTF!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So many creative directions they could've gone in. And they didn't go in any of them.

Home slaughterhouse kits, DIY circumcision supplies, butt bongo instructions, the list goes on and on.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Takes much too much work to have an actual business plan, source the products, import them, etc. Areola hasn’t worked a day in her life and doesn’t really want to and Bunion has no business acumen and is still waiting for his invitation to the US for his mediocre exceptional performance arts talents. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

If Ari and Bini really think they're coming to the U.S. as a family, they're both delusional.    Even if Bini wants to come here, he would have to get a sponsor, and I can't see Ari's parents signing up for a 10 year sponsorship of him (Isn't sponsorship 10 years?).    They know they would have to support the entire family forever.          Since there is no work category for men who play Butt Bongos in nightclubs, then he has zero employment rights either.  

Also, if it's true that the first wife's son with Bini is adopted by her current husband, then Bini has no rights to visitation or anything else.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Ari and Bini really think they're coming to the U.S. as a family, they're both delusional.    Even if Bini wants to come here, he would have to get a sponsor, and I can't see Ari's parents signing up for a 10 year sponsorship of him (Isn't sponsorship 10 years?).    They know they would have to support the entire family forever.          Since there is no work category for men who play Butt Bongos in nightclubs, then he has zero employment rights either.  

Also, if it's true that the first wife's son with Bini is adopted by her current husband, then Bini has no rights to visitation or anything else.   

Why would he consent to the adoption if he professes to love the kid so much?  That cuts off any right to ever see the kid again.

• Love 1

There are legal ways to terminate parental rights, and adopt the child.   There has to be a way when the birth parent's  location is unknown.     

I'm guessing Bini never paid child support, and has no hope of visitation in the U.S., and no judge will make a little kid fly to and from Ethiopia to visit, with zero guarantee that Bini won't keep him.  

The articles said he was denied a visa three times, even with congressional intervention, but was only granted a humanitarian visa because his son was born with a serious physical problem.      I'm not sure his visa allowed him to stay in the U.S. as long as he did, so I'm betting we'll never see him in the U.S., playing butt bongos in some nightclub.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

When I read or hear "Love without Borders" I think of a couple that was physically separated due to extreme religious restrictions or under threats of violence or something. This is a gal who got knocked up on vacation and decided to move there, have her baby there and live with her baby's father. What the fuck makes that worthy of these sorts of trinkets and whatever?

• Love 14
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are legal ways to terminate parental rights, and adopt the child.   There has to be a way when the birth parent's  location is unknown.     

I'm guessing Bini never paid child support, and has no hope of visitation in the U.S., and no judge will make a little kid fly to and from Ethiopia to visit, with zero guarantee that Bini won't keep him.  

That article you posted earlier said that he'd been denied a visa 3 times. We don't know WHY he was denied, but what makes him think it will work this time? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

That article you posted earlier said that he'd been denied a visa 3 times. We don't know WHY he was denied, but what makes him think it will work this time? 

Biniyam has said that his wife did not apply for a spousal visa for him, so he came over on a travel visa instead. I think he believes he can get a spousal visa with Ariela, but she said that he wasn't divorced when they met. I'm guessing it was in the process but who knows with this show? She had also just got divorced.

I don't know if they are married in real time because they actually honor their NDA.

• Love 3

Does Ariela hate her parents? Here they are, two older, upper middle class people with advanced education and professional jobs, nicely supporting themselves and her too.

Meanwhile Ari is on a "world tour," likely casually schupting men in every country. Why? Well, for one thing her parents aren't around, no need for family introductions or a closer inspection/interrogation of inappropriate men. Ari knows she'll never see the men again, and she's a modern girl so WTH, just livin' large! However, a smarter 30-year-old ¹female world traveler would be careful with strangers impregnating her or passing on a STD. But for some reason, Ari was not blessed with her parents' brains or common sense. 

IMO, Binyam is just another foreign hook up, a sexy stranger to pass the time, murmuring insincere sweet compliments, feeding her thirsty ego and empty soul. We've been told how much she liked his dreadlocks and firm body. She probably even saw him at the club, though iirc she said she met him on the street corner. Ok, I get having a little tipsy fun and wonderful nights to remember, but c'mon man, a baby is for a lifetime.

So, does Ari hate her parents? Why not find a man with an education who could support a family? I don't care if he's Ethiopian, American or Swahili. Why did she basically ruin her future? And the future of a child who will probably grow up without his father. Maybe "ruin" is too harsh a word, but for an American woman with poor or uncaring parents who gets impregnated by a foreign stranger this would be a disaster. This is just my opinion. 

• Love 6
On 11/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, MrBuhBye said:

This is kind of interesting.  They wouldn’t let an African boyfriend visit because they thought that because he brought his birth certificate and diploma he might try to marry here and stay.

I worked with a lot of naturalized citizens in previous jobs, and one had imported (it's not emigrated when you bring your mother to the U.S. just to be your full time housekeeper, and nanny) her mother.   The mother had a medical issue, and the daughter's siblings wanted to come and see the mother.   They weren't allowed in the country, because they were all applying to come to the U.S. permanently, and they weren't eligible to even visit, because they might just disappear.    Right after she recovered, the mother returned to the home country permanently, so it wasn't an issue any more.     Eventually, all of the co-worker's siblings emigrated, and are still here.   

So my guess is the Bini will never be in the U.S. for any reason, unless someday he gets permission to move here.    If he did overstay the last time (humanitarian visa), then he's never coming here.    It also depends on the reason he was refused visas three times in the past.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

So, does Ari hate her parents? Why not find a man with an education who could support a family?

Don’t forget about Areola’s FIRST husband. Remember the guy she married when she was 19(?) who was her “best friend” and needed a way to get into the US?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think Ariela went on a World Tour to places where SHE, a Caucasian American with some money, is the exotic one. Back home, she's just a Plain Jane, run-of-the-mill, dime a dozen female. 

She has never been shy about the fact they applied for the show to get Bini noticed for his performance skills, in an effort to help him get a visa. Maybe she thinks she can get him a job offer to go along with a marriage to submit for the visa application. I really don't know why she decided to have a baby with someone she doesn't even seem to like, but she does seem to be going through some ppd, so maybe it's not as bad as it seems at first glance and they do like each other. 

I think Bini just lost another child to America.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Christina said:

I think Ariela went on a World Tour to places where SHE, a Caucasian American with some money, is the exotic one. Back home, she's just a Plain Jane, run-of-the-mill, dime a dozen female. 

She has never been shy about the fact they applied for the show to get Bini noticed for his performance skills, in an effort to help him get a visa. Maybe she thinks she can get him a job offer to go along with a marriage to submit for the visa application. I really don't know why she decided to have a baby with someone she doesn't even seem to like, but she does seem to be going through some ppd, so maybe it's not as bad as it seems at first glance and they do like each other. 

I think Bini just lost another child to America.

They would be shredded on DWTS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1