Type keyword(s) to search

Ariela and Biniyam: Haile Suspicious!

• Start Topic

Ariela, a 28-year-old from Princeton, New Jersey, is a recent divorcee who had no plans to fall in love again. Then on a trip around the world, she met Biniyam, a 29-year-old from Ethiopia. She stayed with him for months and found out she was pregnant. She decided to return to Ethiopia so Biniyam could be there, but the living conditions and healthcare system where Ariela will give birth and live with her new family have her and her family nervous for the big move.

• Useful 1

There has been some background drama related to Biniyam's first son and here's some miscellaneous info

Ariela is in a music video

Snipped from link:

90 Day Fiance: The Other Way star Ariela Weinberg appears to be living the life that Before the 90 Days star Baby Girl Lisa Hamme only imagined herself living. Instead of being jealous of a model appearing in an African hip hop music video, Ariela IS the model in an African hip hop music video!

The 28-year-old from Princeton, New Jersey is the hotel hookup hottie in the music video for Ethiopian singer Andinet Ali’s song “Honey.”

The video was shot in February of 2019 and released a few months later in May. The February shoot was a month before Ariela and Biniyam’s first public interactions on social media when she called herself Biniyam’s manager after his first boxing match.

Starcasm article with timeline Snipped:

I wasn’t able to find out much about Ariela’s ex-husband, but I did find out quite a bit about Biniyam’s ex-wife — who is an American! And who has a son with him! Oh, and there’s LOTS more!

Shibre met her future husband, Biniyam Shibre, at a dance club in his hometown of Addis Ababa.

“He ended up teaching me some ways of Ethiopian dancing and so we were dancing together some,” Shibre said. “It was fun.”

“He has such a serving heart and so it’s neat that God really connected us knowing that we both have serving hearts. And I didn’t really know that getting to know him. I knew that he had a good heart and I could tell how good he was with his family, and that’s something that really meant a lot.”

Brian and Biniyam were married in June of 2016 with a traditional Ethiopian ceremony, food and attire.

Here is where everything starts to get messy:

Pregnant Bria was returning to the United States in October of 2016 to attend her sister’s wedding, and the plan was to have Biniyam come along on a visitor’s visa and remain for the birth of their son. Unfortunately, her plan was derailed when his visa was denied.

As a result, Bria returned to the United States alone, with the intention of returning to Ethiopia to give birth. However, during a routine ultrasound, it was discovered that her unborn baby had the rare birth defect gastroschisis, meaning his intestines were growing outside of his body. Doctors were very adamant about Bria not flying back to Ethiopa after the diagnosis.

Bria’s mother reached out to a friend who was active in the local political arena, and they would eventually secure a letter from Iowa Senator Charles Grassley that Biniyam could use when he returned to the embassy to try again.

The letters had very little impact as Biniyam was quickly denied yet again.

That’s when the office of U.S. Representative Dave Loebsack stepped in and started the process of getting Biniyam humanitarian parole. After a very complicated (and very rushed) process, Biniyam was granted humanitarian parole and was able to travel to Iowa in time for the birth of his son — which looks to have been in early February of 2017.

Binyam and Bria would later have an American wedding ceremony at a Christian church in New London in July of 2017.

Biniyam posted a photo of his son along with the following caption on his Instagram, but I think he deleted it:

"A father never forgets his son. I will not give up. I love you Simon.

I remember how you loved to play with me. I remember how you love movies just like me. I remember changing your diapers. I remember how we prayed when you were born when we thought you might not make it. I remember how all the neighborhood children would come to play in our home. You had the most toys. I remember months in the hospital waiting for you to be better. I remember you falling asleep on the floor outside the door of the bathroom. I remember you loved me, and I pray one day you will know who I am again.

#afatherslove #missyou #remember #memories #love #myboy #heartache #fathers #dads #hope #simonbiniyam"

----

Biniyam’s post might have been in response to Bria, who posted a photo of her new fiance holding Simon on March 3 along with this caption:

"A DAD isn’t defined as the man who makes the child, but rather the man who extends his hands and time to help with the child’s raising and his heart to love the child through anything. BLOOD doesn’t make you a DAD. Being a DAD comes from the HEART!?"

One of his son:

• Love 4

ET Online Interview

90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season 2 star Ariela is teasing an extremely emotional journey when it comes to her and her Ethiopian boyfriend, Biniyam, on the latest installment of the hit TLC spinoff.

ET spoke with 28-year-old Ariela ahead of the show's premiere, who unexpectedly fell in love with 29-year-old Biniyam during a trip to Ethiopia. Ariela, who's from Princeton, New Jersey, got pregnant and decided to go back to Ethiopia so Biniyam could be there for the birth of their child. In a trailer for the new season of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way, Ariela definitely experiences culture shock in Ethiopia and notes that she's moving there for someone she "barely knows."

Ariela talked to ET's Melicia Johnson about what attracted her to Biniyam to the point where she would take such huge risks for love.

"Biniyam is really an amazing guy," she says. "Anyone who meets him really likes him the first time that they meet him. He is a very kind person and that's what I noticed at first. Of course, the first thing I noticed is he's a very attractive guy. He has a personality that I think people will really connect to."

"You know, in a way it's true, I barely even knew him, but at the same time, when you meet someone and you have that connection, you can feel like you know someone even if it's only been a couple of months," she continues. "I decided that I wanted to try at least the experience of being together because I really wanted to start my own family."

Ariela said Biniyam was actually looking to get serious with her immediately, which she was initially put off by.

"The funny thing is, I will say, the first time we really ever spent time together, he just laid it on me," she recalls. "He said, 'I want a serious life, I want a wife and I want a baby and I want, you know, like, a good job, and I want all these things.' And my thought at the time was like, 'Oh my god, this is too much, like, I just met you, calm down.' But I came to appreciate that sentiment, especially when I realized that I was about to have my own family."

Further complicating their love story, however, is the fact that Ariela was a recent divorcee when she met Biniyam. She acknowledged that some viewers might feel Biniyam was just a rebound for her.

"The first thing I'll say is, I got a baby boy out of it, so, it didn't go too bad," she points out with a smile. "The other thing I'll say is, you know, in relationships, whether you end up with the person forever or not, you definitely learn something from them and you grow as a person and you learn something about yourself, so, I don't think it's a loss either way."

First and foremost, she wants 90 Day Fiancé viewers to know that everything about her relationship with Biniyam is completely authentic.

"I definitely think that anyone who watches us will know that everything, in terms of how we met and our connection, is definitely real," she says. "I know that sometimes, you know, people get frustrated when they think that things are not genuine, so, definitely gonna say that it is genuine, everything that was filmed."

Ariela says the couple's journey this season will be intense and full of ups and downs.

"You'll see more than a few tears," she says. "I feel confident to say that my storyline is going to be one of the more emotional ... heart-wrenching, and I think, funny -- I think people are gonna laugh. I think there's gonna be quite a few moments where people laugh."

In particular, she says the birth of their child will be a must-see moment.

"I think that is going to be one of the most emotional and, you know, amazing scenes for everyone to sort of experience," she says. "It's such a great part of the story. I really think people will feel really connected to me and to our whole story once they see that."

Season 2 of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way premieres June 8 at 9 p.m. ET on TLC.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Ariela and Biniyam:  She's Having Bebe's Baby

On my Closed Captioning his nickname was spelled "Bibi" so my vote's for "Bibi's Bebe" (said in Moira Rose's voice) 

What's this about "Culture shock"? Apparently she spent quite a bit of time in Ethiopia before! Granted, she probably was in a hotel that time but she must have seen many cultural differences when she wasn't having sexy time with Bibi. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

No way in hell this woman's staying in Ethiopia. She's already doing interviews calling herself the "breakout star" and claiming that we'll be "touched" by her amazing birthing story. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

She's already doing interviews calling herself the "breakout star" and claiming that we'll be "touched" by her amazing birthing story. 

I’m going to blame this (and all the others with their delusions of grandeur) on social media. To me, SM has always been about thinking they are starring in their own movie about themselves which everyone else will find fascinating, but it isn’t. EVERYONE’S birthing story is amazing to them, Aureola. Get the fuck over yourself.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m going to blame this (and all the others with their delusions of grandeur) on social media. To me, SM has always been about thinking they are starring in their own movie about themselves which everyone else will find fascinating, but it isn’t. EVERYONE’S birthing story is amazing to them, Aureola. Get the fuck over yourself.

We could copy and paste this into the LPBW thread on Jeremy and Audrey Roloff.  Two special snowflakes who - fortunately - found each other so no one else would be stuck with them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We could copy and paste this into the LPBW thread on Jeremy and Audrey Roloff.  Two special snowflakes who - fortunately - found each other so no one else would be stuck with them.

Coronavirus deniers are now saying that there are just “embers” to put out.  Bet they are glad they picked that name now.  

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

No way in hell this woman's staying in Ethiopia. She's already doing interviews calling herself the "breakout star" and claiming that we'll be "touched" by her amazing birthing story. 

I hate that this is what the franchise has turned into, a bunch of poorly trained actors.  It feels inauthentic and calculated when someone declares themselves a breakout star.  

Dani is BSC, but she was completely authentic.  No subterfuge.  That is why she became so popular.  

• Love 8

Why do I have the suspicion that just like other men on this show, that Biniyam won't be allowed back in the U.S. for many years, or ever?    If he overstayed his visa from the last woman he knocked up, then he won't be coming back to the U.S.     And it's possible that no one will sponsor him either.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Why do I have the suspicion that just like other men on this show, that Biniyam won't be allowed back in the U.S. for many years, or ever? 

Isn't the loose premise of TOW is that the American is moving permanently to a foreign country (even though it hasn't happened for any of the couples from the first season?) 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Isn't the loose premise of TOW is that the American is moving permanently to a foreign country (even though it hasn't happened for any of the couples from the first season?) 

That's the idea, but none of these couples seemed to realize how difficult that would be. None of them seemed to do any research on what it might be like living in that country. 

I lived in the UK for several years. Even though our cultures are very similar, and we share a language, I found it difficult at times. I couldn't imagine if I were facing integration into a religion I don't follow. I missed home. And, like Brittany says in previews, there were times when I felt like I had a single person who loved and cared for me there. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, gingerella said:

That's hilarious.  I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my lemonade.

I think I like her mother, but she is an idiot. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Twopper said:
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

That's hilarious.  I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my lemonade.

Why thank you. And thank you for getting the reference!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I think she pretty much looks her age but acts younger. 

I’m going to say she’s the youngest of the sibling and has never had many responsibilities. Looks like she lives in her parents’ house, has relied upon her parents for everything and is still “trying to find herself.” Yeah, one of those.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m going to say she’s the youngest of the sibling and has never had many responsibilities. Looks like she lives in her parents’ house, has relied upon her parents for everything and is still “trying to find herself.” Yeah, one of those.

I remember trying to find myself...Of course, I didn't find myself giving birth in Ethiopia with some guy I didn't know, but I DID spend a week in Vegas with my girlfriend, which is basically the same thing. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 6/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I am going to venture out and say she is the youngest with older achieving siblings.  "They think they are so special.....I am gonna show THEM how special I AM!!!!  Everyone will be talking about me....tee hee!!!"

On 6/19/2020 at 1:19 PM, mamadrama said:

So I guess this season Arielle and Biniyam will be playing the parts of Sasha and Emily. 

I was thinking the same thing.  "His first wife (wives) did not get him...I DO!!  Sure he has another son (sons) he never sees but hey, with me it will be different.  And although I have access to high quality birthing centers and hospitals, I am going to to birth in Russia Ethiopia!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

This showed up in my Watch Later videos but I have no memory of seeing it or adding it. So, I have no idea who to credit for the find, but I doubt it was me. It's possible I stumbled upon it, I guess.

Three minute video clip of Biniyam and his first wife's American wedding. Since he's a choreographer, I'm guessing he is the one who created their dance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm betting the Biniyam has a reason he's not getting admitted to the U.S., or he would have come over on a fiance visa, and been on another show.   That would also mean the spoiled princess could have him at the baby's birth here, and he could see his other son.     I'm guessing there is a good reason that she went to Ethiopia. 

His ex-wife's family certainly had to go to a lot of trouble to get him into the U.S. the first time, and apparently he stayed awhile too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm betting the Biniyam has a reason he's not getting admitted to the U.S., or he would have come over on a fiance visa, and been on another show.

Well he apparently was in the US to get married to his first American wife so...There are actually people who don't think living in the USA is all that, and prefer to live in their home country. Most Ethiopians are fiercely proud of their country and wouldn't necessarily think moving to the USA was an end game, unlike Nigerians Michael and Usman, for whom living the American Life is a big goal for many.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm betting the Biniyam has a reason he's not getting admitted to the U.S., or he would have come over on a fiance visa, and been on another show.   That would also mean the spoiled princess could have him at the baby's birth here, and he could see his other son.     I'm guessing there is a good reason that she went to Ethiopia. 

I read somewhere that he overstayed his visa with the first wife.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

So how many minutes did he and his first wife stay married for? Ariela’s parents surely know how this is going to end. Hope they have room in their house for a grandkid. Ariela can continue to travel around finding men to impregnate her while they’re raising her baby.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think it's because she wanted to get on the show and there's less competition for the Other Way subfranchise than there is for the Before or OG 90Days. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Part of me thinks I'm being low-key classist about her giving birth in Ethiopia and then I feel bad. Women give birth there every day. Women in the US have home births. Even being a technologically advanced country we still have unusually high infant mortality rates. (Mine died when he was 2 months old.) Ariella, if she's had a non-eventful pregnancy, will most likely be fine. I keep repeating this to myself.

But...

I was not an earth mother figure in my labor. Nothing natural for me. When they asked whether I wanted an epidural or morphine I was like, "What do you mean 'or'?" In fact, I'd have been happy if they'd just gone ahead and given me the epidural at week 33. I wanted to know why general anesthesia wasn't an option. 

I was pregnant in the UK and after living there for 2 years I flew back to the US at 35 weeks to give birth here because I felt more comfortable. And I'd been going to a good hospital in England and had received decent care. So giving birth in a country I didn't know well? Nope. Not for me. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Christina said:

This showed up in my Watch Later videos but I have no memory of seeing it or adding it. So, I have no idea who to credit for the find, but I doubt it was me. It's possible I stumbled upon it, I guess.

Three minute video clip of Biniyam and his first wife's American wedding. Since he's a choreographer, I'm guessing he is the one who created their dance.

That dance performance was veeery cringeworthy. Did he have to be shirtless?! Wonder what be did to make her take his son away from him...

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Part of me thinks I'm being low-key classist about her giving birth in Ethiopia and then I feel bad. Women give birth there every day. Women in the US have home births. Even being a technologically advanced country we still have unusually high infant mortality rates. (Mine died when he was 2 months old.) Ariella, if she's had a non-eventful pregnancy, will most likely be fine. I keep repeating this to myself.

But...

I was not an earth mother figure in my labor. Nothing natural for me. When they asked whether I wanted an epidural or morphine I was like, "What do you mean 'or'?" In fact, I'd have been happy if they'd just gone ahead and given me the epidural at week 33. I wanted to know why general anesthesia wasn't an option. 

I was pregnant in the UK and after living there for 2 years I flew back to the US at 35 weeks to give birth here because I felt more comfortable. And I'd been going to a good hospital in England and had received decent care. So giving birth in a country I didn't know well? Nope. Not fo

Ethiopia has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the entire world so it's absolutely crazy to choose to give birth there, when you have other options. If everything goes well, you're fine to give birth on the street if you wish, but the problems arise when something goes wrong. When you don't know in advance what's gonna happen, it's just better to be safe than sorry.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was pregnant in the UK and after living there for 2 years I flew back to the US at 35 weeks to give birth here because I felt more comfortable. 

I chuckled when reading this.  Without an adequate intake of coffee, I thought it said you were pregnant for two years and then flew back here to give birth.

5 hours ago, Takitaki said:

That dance performance was veeery cringeworthy. Did he have to be shirtless?! 

It looked like a "Dancing with the Stars" pairing.  The one who knows what they're doing strips down to keep all eyes on themselves, while the amateur just poses so the pro can do fancy steps and gymnastics around them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Make sure there aren't still shortages of TP in your area first!!!!

I never thought of that--I might be doing them a favor.  I can't egg them, either, for the same reason.  Maybe I'll just sit on the sidewalk and make faces.

• LOL 24
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

Her family lives in  Princeton, where the shittiest little house costs half a million dollars--and I'm talking *really* shitty.  We tried to move there because that's where my husband's office was located but ended up buying a house on the PA side of the Delaware as close to a bridge as we could get because while we are not rolling in dough we don't--I don't know how to say this without bragging.  And this was ten years ago, when a very nice house cost $100,000.

I can't overemphasize how rich her family must be--a doctor married to a nurse would be wealthy anywhere, but in Princeton everything is ten times more. 

I could not understand why in hell someone from such a wealthy family, living in an uber-cultured place, would have any interest at all in being on a show like this.  For most of the contestants that TLC paycheck is manna from heaven, and the paid travel and other perks makes their sacrifice of dignity and privacy understandable a little bit.

So she wants to be a star?  She's so awful.  I feel like driving over there and TPing their house.  Just because.

She strikes me as someone who fancies herself as going to oppressed countries and being a do-gooder (more power to her).  I believe she said that she met him while she was working in some kind of camp.  She might be a throwback to the Peace Corp kind of people from the 60s (not dissing that kind of person who truly did feel passion for helping people in other parts of the world - but I don't think she has the attention span or true passion - or at least I don't get the impression that she does).  She also apparently is an avid traveler and the plane tickets were cheap there so she hopped on a plane and went.  I'm sure she likes to come home to New Jersey and spin fanciful stories to all of her friends about her adventures traveling to exotic and out of the way places.  It also conveniently means she doesn't have to grow up and get a job.  Well, until she got pregnant - boy is her life going to change!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Baby's first wedding reception looks like it's in a firehouse garage with the trucks moved out, like where David and Annie lived. The only thing missing is the oil marks on the floor. I guess it's part of the Christian denomination megachurch where they got married. It appears to be a very low budget affair! I think some of his dance moves looked pretty risky to be doing with (and over!) a pregnant woman. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Baby's first wedding reception looks like it's in a firehouse garage with the trucks moved out, like where David and Annie lived. The only thing missing is the oil marks on the floor. I guess it's part of the Christian denomination megachurch where they got married. It appears to be a very low budget affair! I think some of his dance moves looked pretty risky to be doing with (and over!) a pregnant woman. 

Obviously I missed something.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

She strikes me as someone who fancies herself as going to oppressed countries and being a do-gooder (more power to her).  I believe she said that she met him while she was working in some kind of camp.  She might be a throwback to the Peace Corp kind of people from the 60s (not dissing that kind of person who truly did feel passion for helping people in other parts of the world - but I don't think she has the attention span or true passion - or at least I don't get the impression that she does).  She also apparently is an avid traveler and the plane tickets were cheap there so she hopped on a plane and went.  I'm sure she likes to come home to New Jersey and spin fanciful stories to all of her friends about her adventures traveling to exotic and out of the way places.  It also conveniently means she doesn't have to grow up and get a job.  Well, until she got pregnant - boy is her life going to change!

I haven't seen enough of her to figure out what her deal is, but I believe she got pregnant on purpose.  With medical parents--and with sisters--she surely knew how to prevent that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think some of his dance moves looked pretty risky to be doing with (and over!) a pregnant woman. 

I assumed that the baby she was holding at the end - in her form-fitting wedding gown - was their son . . . already born.

But I could be wrong.  It's June, and I haven't made ANY mistakes yet this year.  (Kind of hard to make mistakes when you never leave the house!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I assumed that the baby she was holding at the end - in her form-fitting wedding gown - was their son . . . already born.

You could be right. I missed the baby at the end but he didn't look like a newborn. I thought she had a small baby bump in the gown. Maybe I've been watching too much "Say Yes to the Dress" where showing pregnant brides or those who have already given birth is becoming mainstream. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I chuckled when reading this.  Without an adequate intake of coffee, I thought it said you were pregnant for two years and then flew back here to give birth.

Ha ha, it does kinda read like that, huh? To be fair, though, I had Irish twins so I was kind of pregnant for 2 years. Both born in July exactly one year apart. 

7 hours ago, RoxiP said:

He's an athlete (gymnastics, tae Kwon do, boxing) and she was his manager. That's how they met. It's weird that none of this has been brought up on the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ha ha, it does kinda read like that, huh? To be fair, though, I had Irish twins so I was kind of pregnant for 2 years. Both born in July exactly one year apart. 

He's an athlete (gymnastics, tae Kwon do, boxing) and she was his manager. That's how they met. It's weird that none of this has been brought up on the show. 

I want to understand how she ended up becoming his "manager". She did say she saw him on the street, found him attractive and basically catcalled him though? Maybe she became his manager after they hooked up.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Takitaki said:

I want to understand how she ended up becoming his "manager". She did say she saw him on the street, found him attractive and basically catcalled him though? Maybe she became his manager after they hooked up.

According to the two of them, she was his manager first. She had some FB posts about it, though they've since been removed, and she was gushing about how proud of him she was for him winning his boxing match. On the show she does say they met on the street when she hollered at him.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 1