Type keyword(s) to search

Ariela and Biniyam: Haile Suspicious!

• Start Topic

On 6/25/2020 at 6:28 AM, mamadrama said:

According to the two of them, she was his manager first. She had some FB posts about it, though they've since been removed, and she was gushing about how proud of him she was for him winning his boxing match. On the show she does say they met on the street when she hollered at him.

How does a JAP from New Jersey end up managing fighters in Ethiopia?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

Just like Usman chose the rap name “Sojaboy” to capitalize on the original “Soulja Boy’s” popularity, “Baby Cool” appears to have borrowed his name from “Bebe Cool” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

How does a JAP from New Jersey end up managing fighters in Ethiopia?

Then she is not upfront about the timline.  She (and he) make it sound as if they met while he was waiting for a taxi or a bus and boom....into bed they go.  No mention of managing his boxing/MMA career.

Then again, I am a sped teacher in Minnesota yet I manage a rap star from Chile.....why do you ask such questions?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2020 at 11:05 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Then she is not upfront about the timline.  She (and he) make it sound as if they met while he was waiting for a taxi or a bus and boom....into bed they go.  No mention of managing his boxing/MMA career.

Then again, I am a sped teacher in Minnesota yet I manage a rap star from Chile.....why do you ask such questions?

I thought it was the first wife who managed his "career."

• Love 3

poor baby, another kid/ex wife of his will eventually end up in the US.  this aeriola lady is crazy, and will eventually go home without him.  she will have a beautiful child, and a very interesting story to tell all of her friends in Princeton.  her do gooder cred will skyrocket.

I actually feel sorry for the guy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Just re-watching the scene when Ariela and her mother go to the “old family friend“ obstetrician and I’m totally distracted by his constant blinking and eyebrow lifting. 

Paging Dr. Blinky! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
On 6/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, Christina said:

This showed up in my Watch Later videos but I have no memory of seeing it or adding it. So, I have no idea who to credit for the find, but I doubt it was me. It's possible I stumbled upon it, I guess.

Three minute video clip of Biniyam and his first wife's American wedding. Since he's a choreographer, I'm guessing he is the one who created their dance.

Did she walk in singing herself down the aisle?  That’s different. 

• LOL 5
(edited)

NM, I just found an earlier post that answered all my questions. I take back my previous comments about ex-wife having a baby bump at her US wedding and agree that the little boy shown at the end is their child. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, magemaud said:

NM, I just found an earlier post that answered all my questions. I take back my previous comments about ex-wife having a baby bump at her US wedding and agree that the little boy shown at the end is their child. 

Is Baby divorced ?

I'm side eyeing the apartment stuff...Ari knows darn well what to expect there. She also spent a year backpacking all over Africa and she wasn't staying in nice hotels, mostly hostels, camp sites, or private rooms. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

I haven't seen the papers! 

He and Sumit can chat over that as they have lunch together.  Producers, PLEASE have a scene with Baby sitting in a corner!!!  PLEEEEZE?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

He and Sumit can chat over that as they have lunch together.  Producers, PLEASE have a scene with Baby sitting in a corner!!!  PLEEEEZE?

This needs to happen...

(I showed my son the trailer for the DIRTY DANCING remake and he thought it was an SNL sketch.)

• LOL 6
On 7/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, gingerella said:

I'd like to thank the Academy, the mods, my family and friends, and all of YOU, who have supported me along this path of snark!  I feel so honored that my submission has been hailed as the thread title of these two nitwits. With the exception of my tenure at The Spitball Wall with my fellow Unsullieds, ^this^ is the proudest moment in my PervTV history. I'd also like to thank *cue music swelling to drown out the remainder of my acceptance speech*

Congratulations! My submission for Brittany and Yazan's thread title only came in second in the voting, but I'm hoping I can re-submit "90 Day Beyonce" again in the future with another wannabe couple. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Congratulations! My submission for Brittany and Yazan's thread title only came in second in the voting, but I'm hoping I can re-submit "90 Day Beyonce" again in the future with another wannabe couple. 

From your lips to Mods ears! And I feel for you. I had submitted a meh title for Kenny and his man, and I missed the call for additional options because I came up with 'Hannah and her Misters', alas it was too late!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wow, you potentially could have named two Couples threads in the same season! I doubt if that has ever been done before! 

Alas it 'twas not to be...I will have to settle for my one here!

• Love 1

On Ariela's IG people were asking why she didn't show the good of Ethiopia. I didn't see it, but did see her response that there are beautiful places and the apartments are not indicative of the country. According to someone on Reddit, this was her full response, but since I haven't seen it, I'm hoping it wasn't her full response because I already don't like her much:

ylveh4ubs2b51.jpg

She also admitted she's a cutter and says she is going to make a full post later:

4zh7gpb9f3b51.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

We've known that Biniyam is a dancer, choreography, martial artist and bunches of other things. Now, I think this is as close as we will get from them regarding their reason for being on the show:

In response to questions asking what it is, he replied, "Ethioamerican is my project. It will be my new YouTube channel, music and video production studio, and fixing business."

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

This isn't that impressive. I can do this, too. -- in an alternate universe where I can also walk in a straight line without tripping.

This couple is so boring that when I saw this I decided to add it here. I've decided to relish the boring because the fake of people like Brittany and Yazan has gotten tiresome. 

• Love 7
(edited)

So Bini claims he doesn't want to come to the U.S., when Ari's mom calls him out on it?  (I refuse to call her by her first name for personal reasons.  OK, along with a character on the Muppets Show, we all have the same first name).

He certainly was happy to come here for the marriage, and birth of his child with the last U.S. wife, now ex wife.    My guess is he can't come back to the U.S., either he overstayed the last time or some other disqualifying factor. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Bini claims he doesn't want to come to the U.S., when Ari's mom calls him out on it?  (I refuse to call her by her first name for personal reasons).

He certainly was happy to come here for the marriage, and birth of his child with the last U.S. wife, now ex wife.    

The real question is “doesn’t want to” or “can’t “.    Maybe he has had his fill of the US and doesn’t have an interest in returning or maybe the US has had enough of him.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 6/23/2020 at 5:08 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

So how many minutes did he and his first wife stay married for? Ariela’s parents surely know how this is going to end. Hope they have room in their house for a grandkid. Ariela can continue to travel around finding men to impregnate her while they’re raising her baby.

Yep that's how I see it too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, Christina said:

This isn't that impressive. I can do this, too. -- in an alternate universe where I can also walk in a straight line without tripping.

is that you, Darcey? 

• LOL 7
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

is that you, Darcey? 

No, my boobs weren't that big when I was nursing. If they were, I'm pretty sure I would have toppled over because my center of gravity would have been off and I'm clumsy as hell. I also have better taste in men, but that's hardly impressive.

Biniyam's ex must have released a statement somewhere, but I haven't seen it. In case is shows up somewhere, here is his response:

• Love 1
(edited)

Now that Areola’s cutting has been revealed to be a fact, it explains a lot. We pretty much could tell from our couches that something was off with her, because if you are 28 years old, you don’t need your mother helicoptering over you all day and all night (See Smothered).

So Areola had tough times, started self-harming and who knows what else, and now Karen Janice keeps an eye on her 24/7. And Areola doesn’t seem to mind it, because she’s benefitting immensely. She’s wholly dependent on her parents and it’s a win-win. They walk on eggshells to keep her “balanced,” while controlling her and she doesn’t have to have any responsibility for anything ever, a very thin line away from emotionally blackmailing the parents. 

On Day One, I posted that she’ll pop out the kid and Dr. and Nurse Parents would end up raising the grandkid. And Areola keeps trying to find her next fuck boy herself.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 5
On 7/29/2020 at 6:33 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Now that Areola’s cutting has been revealed to be a fact, it explains a lot. We pretty much could tell from our couches that something was off with her, because if you are 28 years old, you don’t need your mother helicoptering over you all day and all night (See Smothered).

So Areola had tough times, started self-harming and who knows what else, and now Karen Janice keeps an eye on her 24/7. And Areola doesn’t seem to mind it, because she’s benefitting immensely. She’s wholly dependent on her parents and it’s a win-win. They walk on eggshells to keep her “balanced,” while controlling her and she doesn’t have to have any responsibility for anything ever, a very thin line away from emotionally blackmailing the parents. 

On Day One, I posted that she’ll pop out the kid and Dr. and Nurse Parents would end up raising the grandkid. And Areola keeps trying to find her next fuck boy herself.

Well not exactly 24/7!  Lol

Biniyam has posted the full dance shown on the last episode to his YouTube channel. It's seven minutes but is clearly shot by someone's cell phone and not a great video. 

The short clip on the episode was more impressive to me. I can't dance like this but was expecting more from a man who earns his living dancing and choreographing dance. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think the appropriate word is this sucks “underwhelming,” as in, Bibi needs to FIND a day job and stick with it.

Yeah, I have to agree.  It reminded me of what I would see at a middle school/ high school talent show, minus the Butt Bongo Drums.  They are both athletic but the technique wasn't there. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, suzywallis said:

Yeah, I have to agree.  It reminded me of what I would see at a middle school/ high school talent show, minus the Butt Bongo Drums.  They are both athletic but the technique wasn't there. 

Not gonna lie, I would be bored a few minutes in to this routine.

• Love 6

All I could think watching this last episode was that Mamas Ari & Jihoon ought to get together and cry into their beers about the spoiled children they have raised. Each child has a partner that leaves a lot to be desired, but yikes - these parents enabled their children’s behavior and are really bending over backwards to avoid putting any responsibility on their precious children. 

• Love 8

I feel kind of bad for saying this, but Biniyam is a terrible dancer, terrible. Especially for someone who supposedly depends on it for a living. In the club scene I felt like we were watching "open mic" night for first year dance students. Both he and his partner were unsteady, unpracticed, just very amateurish. I just can't imagine paying them to entertain people.

• Love 19

I just watched the club scene again and did anybody else notice that for several seconds, they sped up the video of some of the dancing? I suspect they were trying to smooth over some clumsy clod hopping moves or mistakes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

That 'performance' is a typical 'nightclub' performance in any country in Africa in a club that caters to the middle class and folks who can pay a small cover charge. I've been to places like that and yeah, if this is Bini's 'career', Ari girl best be going home with Mom, because that dude will eventually schtup one of his dance 'partners'. And not for nothing Bini, your dancing acumen is that of an 8th grade talent show. Just sayin'...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 8/10/2020 at 8:06 PM, Teri313 said:

I suspect they were trying to smooth over some clumsy clod hopping moves or mistakes.

Michael Flatley, of Riverdance fame, will rest easy knowing that he won't be upstaged by a clumsy clod hopper named Biniyam!

• LOL 5