Type keyword(s) to search

Ariela and Biniyam: Haile Suspicious!

• Start Topic

On 8/31/2020 at 9:22 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ari has the maturity of a toddler

how dare you insult toddlers!!!

I really want to reach into the tv and slap her across the ocean back to New Jersey, but it appears she may already be there.  This high-maintenance  drama mama is so annoying.  I am surprised she isn't hunting for a rabbi to circumcise the poor boy instead of the orthodox priest.  She is one of the dumbest people on this franchise, and there's a lot of competition for that honor.  Where on earth did she get the name Avial or Aviel?  At least I have heard of the name Gabriel.   Poor Biniyam left behind in Ethiopia with only the washtub and baby bed to remind him of his son. 

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I really want to reach into the tv and slap her across the ocean back to New Jersey, but it appears she may already be there.  This high-maintenance  drama mama is so annoying.  I am surprised she isn't hunting for a rabbi to circumcise the poor boy instead of the orthodox priest.  She is one of the dumbest people on this franchise, and there's a lot of competition for that honor.  Where on earth did she get the name Avial or Aviel?  At least I have heard of the name Gabriel.   Poor Biniyam left behind in Ethiopia with only the washtub and baby bed to remind him of his son. 

Now that this has happened twice he might want to pick a local for Baby Mama #3. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

Poor Biniyam left behind in Ethiopia with only the washtub and baby bed to remind him of his son. 

If Ari left Ethiopia because of COVID-19, then the pandemic gave her the out she was wanting and my guess is she'll never go back again - she can always cite that it's not safe. I can't feel sorry for Bini either because clearly he hasn't learned to put a fucking condom on his dick when he's schtupping foreigners passing through his country. If he didn't learn his lesson after such a supposedly traumatic event, then he really will never learn and only has himself to blame. And not for nothing, but his sisters need to acknowledge that his stupid and reckless sexual behavior is what is 'taking away' these children he keeps siring.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, DEL901 said:

If Biniyan has the baby circumcised without a Bris ceremony, Ari will freak.  And based on the previews, he may be considering this.  

I'd do it if I were him. Fuck her thinking she can dictate everything and Bini's opinion means nothing.

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

If Ari left Ethiopia because of COVID-19, then the pandemic gave her the out she was wanting and my guess is she'll never go back again - she can always cite that it's not safe. I can't feel sorry for Bini either because clearly he hasn't learned to put a fucking condom on his dick when he's schtupping foreigners passing through his country. If he didn't learn his lesson after such a supposedly traumatic event, then he really will never learn and only has himself to blame. And not for nothing, but his sister's need to acknowledge that his stupid and reckless sexual behavior is what is 'taking away' these children he keeps siring.

agreed! He should've learned the first time.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Aviel is a Hebrew name. And why should she want an Orthodox priest to circumcise him? A doctor, maybe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, judylo said:

Aviel is a Hebrew name. And why should she want an Orthodox priest to circumcise him? A doctor, maybe. 

Bini is orthodox christian, Ari is jewish. The person doing the circumcision in jewish tradition can be a rabbi, I don't think it has to be a doctor. I believe while they both want the baby to be circumsized, that Bini wants it done asap and Ariela wants to wait, as their religions differ on this point.

Edited by Takitaki
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Takitaki said:

I believe while they both want the baby to be circumsized, that Bini wants it done asap and Ariela wants to wait, as their religions differ on this point.

One is on the 8th day, and the other on the 7th if I understood what Bini said, although I read that the Orthodox church in Ethiopia is much like the Jewish religion  in observing the Sabbath and  circumcision on the 8th day.  The problem they are having is that they really didn't spent time working this issue out before he was born--especially since I think they knew it was a boy.   I know couples with interfaith marriages that work, but this couple doesn't seem to be one.  

• Love 11

Another factor is that Bini wanted the baby baptized in his Orthodox Christian religion, and the priest said that it would require that the baby have an Orthodox Christian mother.       I'm wondering if the fact that Ari wasn't working on converting was part of the reason the relatives looked so ticked at the hospital?  

I think the relatives now saying the mother doesn't have to convert is to make Ari look like a bad person for leaving with the baby, and blaming everything on her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Another factor is that Bini wanted the baby baptized in his Orthodox Christian religion, and the priest said that it would require that the baby have an Orthodox Christian mother.       I'm wondering if the fact that Ari wasn't working on converting was part of the reason the relatives looked so ticked at the hospital?  

In the on demand preview the aunts say that was incorrect information and Ari need not herself be baptized.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In the on demand preview the aunts say that was incorrect information and Ari need not herself be baptized.

Interesting. Because I remember when Ari and Bini were talking to the priest, I believe he said something along the lines of "in order to be baptized, the baby must suckle from the breast of an Orthodox Christian." (My reaction: WTF, why describe it that way?)

Or did I totally make that up? If so, I'm embarrassed but I remember something bizarro like that. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

"in order to be baptized, the baby must suckle from the breast of an Orthodox Christian." (My reaction: WTF, why describe it that way?)

I kind of remember that, too.  So now that we've seen the baby suckle from someone who doesn't qualify as an Orthodox Christian, I have questions.

• Can the qualification of the mother to suckle the baby be made retroactive if she eventually converts?
  • If not, can the baby be baptized if they get a wet nurse who is an Orthodox Christian?
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the relatives now saying the mother doesn't have to convert is to make Ari look like a bad person for leaving with the baby, and blaming everything on her. 

I think we have another case where the un/under-employed husband is THE MAN who makes all the rules, yet can't provide much of anything for his wife and child.  Seems like SHE must follow all of his religious rules but he doesn't care to hear about hers.  Ah, Realit TV!

And...another THE MAN OF THE HOUSE who is happy to have his wife's family provide for him...and "his" family.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps "Orthodox Christian" rules in Moldova are DIFFERENT from Orthodox Christian in Ethopia (Ethopian Orthodox); they're 2700 miles apart.  

Oh wait!? Was that comment in Libby and Andrei's meeting, and not in Ari and Bini's? If so, I mixed them up. Sometimes it's hard to keep the storylines straight!

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Oh wait!? Was that comment in Libby and Andrei's meeting, and not in Ari and Bini's? If so, I mixed them up. Sometimes it's hard to keep the storylines straight!

NO!  I mixed them up and deleted my comment immediately...guess it wasn't that "immediately."  Now there will be all sorts of confusions.

14 hours ago, Takitaki said:

The person doing the circumcision in jewish tradition can be a rabbi, I don't think it has to be a doctor.

"A mohel is a Jew trained in the practice of brit milah, the "covenant of circumcision." According to traditional Jewish law, in the absence of a grown free Jewish male expert, anyone who has the required skills is also authorized to perform the circumcision, provided that they are Jewish."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Twopper said:

Where on earth did she get the name Avial or Aviel?  At least I have heard of the name Gabriel.  

"Where on earth" seems a bit harsh.  She's Jewish; Aviel is Hebrew.   She told everyone she doesn't like the nickname, "Gabe," she hears in the USA; she doesn't care what others think.  Perhaps if she tells Bini that the origin of "Gabriel" is also Hebrew he may change his mind.  If she has loved certain "baby names" all her life, it's kind of difficult to ask her to change--especially the day the baby is born.  WHO named Bini's first baby?

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

NO!  I mixed them up and deleted my comment immediately...guess it wasn't that "immediately."  Now there will be all sorts of confusions.

"A mohel is a Jew trained in the practice of brit milah, the "covenant of circumcision." According to traditional Jewish law, in the absence of a grown free Jewish male expert, anyone who has the required skills is also authorized to perform the circumcision, provided that they are Jewish."

On Loren and Alexi’s baby special they had a rabbi come to their condo to perform the bris and the family watched on zoom (because after pandemic began).

6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

"Where on earth" seems a bit harsh.  She's Jewish; Aviel is Hebrew.   She told everyone she doesn't like the nickname, "Gabe," she hears in the USA; she doesn't care what others think.  Perhaps if she tells Bini that the origin of "Gabriel" is also Hebrew he may change his mind.  If she has loved certain "baby names" all her life, it's kind of difficult to ask her to change--especially the day the baby is born.  WHO named Bini's first baby?

There is the famous Gabe Kaplan so I guess it is both a Christian and Jewish name.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Locals probably won't have enough

• Income
  • Family money
  • Earning potential
  • Naivete`
  • Awe
  • Loneliness

May I respectfully add

• Not enough edginess to have a baby in a foreign country
  • No turn on with the accent
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Interesting. Because I remember when Ari and Bini were talking to the priest, I believe he said something along the lines of "in order to be baptized, the baby must suckle from the breast of an Orthodox Christian." (My reaction: WTF, why describe it that way?)

Or did I totally make that up? If so, I'm embarrassed but I remember something bizarro like that. 

Well, I recall something like that too.  That led to Ari saying she chose to be Jewish because there was no hell --or something like that.   then there was a bit of discussion on this board about her mom being Roman Catholic and her dad was Jewish.  

This makes a little sense the more I read about Ethiopian Orthodoxy.  It seems to keep more of its Jewish roots than other branches of Christendom.  It differs from other branches also in that Jesus Christ has only a divine nature, not a human one if I have understood them correctly.   Anyway, if you become Jewish thru your mother, it would make sense that you also would become orthodox thru your mother.  I am unclear as to whether a Christian wet nurse would suffice to confer enough "Christian breastmilk" to make the child eligible for baptism. 

I am not sure what I just said.

I had no idea Aviel was a Jewish name. 

• LOL 4
On 10/20/2020 at 5:28 AM, Twopper said:

One is on the 8th day, and the other on the 7th if I understood what Bini said, although I read that the Orthodox church in Ethiopia is much like the Jewish religion  in observing the Sabbath and  circumcision on the 8th day.  The problem they are having is that they really didn't spent time working this issue out before he was born--especially since I think they knew it was a boy.   I know couples with interfaith marriages that work, but this couple doesn't seem to be one.  

Well, it was telling that Bini said he was totally taken by surprise that the baby was coming that day and 'they were not prepared at all'. What the fuck have they been doing since she got there?!? He's right, they're not prepared...to be parents to a human being. I already pity that kid and can only hope that Ari's mom raises him. Though that said, she raised Ari so maybe she's cool but not a great parent? Or maybe Ari is just one of those kids who parents do their best but the kid is a natural fuck up.

ETA: I think Ari was probably hugely relieved for the Covid excuse that she had to go back to the States because I dont think she loved Bini or living over there. That said, I believe that if 90 Day asked her back she would move back there again because I think she's addicted to the Z-List fame whore attention this train wreck show brings her.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5

Just watching the Sneak Peek and I can’t believe how much better Ariel looks WITHOUT makeup. Edited to add, that right eyebrow has taken on a life of its own

7342CF92-95D0-44DF-8AF2-ABE55C11F5DD.jpeg

3C857940-84E8-4A0C-A4D6-712591297A33.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, Twopper said:

Well, I recall something like that too.  That led to Ari saying she chose to be Jewish because there was no hell --or something like that.   then there was a bit of discussion on this board about her mom being Roman Catholic and her dad was Jewish.  

This makes a little sense the more I read about Ethiopian Orthodoxy.  It seems to keep more of its Jewish roots than other branches of Christendom.  It differs from other branches also in that Jesus Christ has only a divine nature, not a human one if I have understood them correctly.   Anyway, if you become Jewish thru your mother, it would make sense that you also would become orthodox thru your mother.  I am unclear as to whether a Christian wet nurse would suffice to confer enough "Christian breastmilk" to make the child eligible for baptism. 

I am not sure what I just said.

I had no idea Aviel was a Jewish name. 

The whole mishigas with Ariel being Jewish and Bini being Orthodox Christian is to me a non issue because in Ethiopia, there is a sect of Jewish Ethiopians who are considered by some, to be the original 'Chosen People' Jews. Others feel this is a sect that intermarried with Middle Eastern Jews and were traders who went to/from the area now known as Ethiopia. It's a very interesting story but the point is, there are Ethiopian Jews who practice the Jewish faith so she ought to be able to find a moyle or someone familiar with Jewish circumcision practices. In addition, if the Orthodox priest or whomever does the circumcision, can do it and it's the same way as the Jewish faith, why not just do it, OR let it be done in the hospital, which it looks like it was going to be, until Ari went crazy and spirited away her baby. She's a loony tunes, and I think she's just being fucking dramatic in an attempt to secure their spot on the 90 Day franchises long term. She clearly has no intention or interest in getting an actual job, like, ever. This whole pairing is - say it with me everybody - Haile Suspicious!

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The whole mishigas with Ariel being Jewish and Bini being Orthodox Christian is to me a non issue because in Ethiopia, there is a sect of Jewish Ethiopians who are considered by some, to be the original 'Chosen People' Jews. Others feel this is a sect that intermarried with Middle Eastern Jews and were traders who went to/from the area now known as Ethiopia. It's a very interesting story but the point is, there are Ethiopian Jews who practice the Jewish faith so she ought to be able to find a moyle or someone familiar with Jewish circumcision practices. In addition, if the Orthodox priest or whomever does the circumcision, can do it and it's the same way as the Jewish faith, why not just do it, OR let it be done in the hospital, which it looks like it was going to be, until Ari went crazy and spirited away her baby. She's a loony tunes, and I think she's just being fucking dramatic in an attempt to secure their spot on the 90 Day franchises long term. She clearly has no intention or interest in getting an actual job, like, ever. This whole pairing is - say it with me everybody - Haile Suspicious!

I guess we will see whether it is a religious issue or she doesn’t believe in circumcision at all.  That’s a fad now much like being anti-vaccination.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:04 PM, Back Atcha said:

Aviel and the nickname Avi are very, very, very common Jewish names. I grew up in the Northeast with several Avi's. My reform Jewish family wouldn't bat an eye at a baby named Avi and a conservative or orthodox family certainly wouldn't either fwiw.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I guess we will see whether it is a religious issue or she doesn’t believe in circumcision at all.  That’s a fad now much like being anti-vaccination.

I wouldn't consider it a "fad."  There have always been Americans who refuse to get their babies circumcised (not for religious reasons).  Here's some 'net info: "Nationwide, rates of circumcision have dropped about 10 percent over the past 30 years."   Maybe the next episode will bring up her religious belief...or her concern.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

In addition, if the Orthodox priest or whomever does the circumcision, can do it and it's the same way as the Jewish faith, why not just do it,

Even though the technique may be "the same way," it's surely not a Jewish ceremony.  An Episcopal minister could say the same words as a Catholic priest for a Catholic wedding, but it wouldn't be a "Catholic marriage."

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I wouldn't consider it a "fad."  There have always been Americans who refuse to get their babies circumcised (not for religious reasons).  Here's some 'net info: "Nationwide, rates of circumcision have dropped about 10 percent over the past 30 years."   Maybe the next episode will bring up her religious belief...or her concern.

Perhaps but it’s against medical advice.  The uncircumcised are more likely to get STDs, including HIV.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Even though the technique may be "the same way," it's surely not a Jewish ceremony.  An Episcopal minister could say the same words as a Catholic priest for a Catholic wedding, but it wouldn't be a "Catholic marriage."

Of course it's not a Jewish ceremony, but at some point, if you choose willingly to have your baby in a developing country, and your religion dictates that a male infant should be circumcised, then FFS, do it at the hospital, under proper medical supervision for the safety of your baby. Most Reform Jews in my family had it done in the hospital, not at home with a moyle, because it was safer. My point was simply, there are skilled people in country who can do this, and there is even someone with Jewish heritage that could come to the hospital and say the 'correct prayers', but Ari the Idiot never thinks ahead and plans anything.

• Love 6

The boys in my family are circumcised at the hospital, because an ancestor had an issue with an infection as a child, and could have died.     It's not as if everyone has access to regular bathing, or proper hygiene practices.   And it is called for by both religions of Bibi and Ari.     I see nothing wrong with hospital circumcision, with a teeny bit of local anesthetic, and an experienced doctor.   

• Love 7
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I see nothing wrong with hospital circumcision, with a teeny bit of local anesthetic, and an experienced doctor.   

If ONLY Ari had this common sense.

20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Perhaps but it’s against medical advice.  

I was never given pro's or con's.  I was asked if we wanted our baby boy circumcised and I said yes.  Wouldn't it be a simple yes/no question/answer...or is this the "capital" Against Medical Advice, where one must sign a waiver?  

• Useful 1
On 10/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, TwopLurker said:

Aviel and the nickname Avi are very, very, very common Jewish names. I grew up in the Northeast with several Avi's. My reform Jewish family wouldn't bat an eye at a baby named Avi and a conservative or orthodox family certainly wouldn't either fwiw.

This! My best friend named her daughter Aviyah and her nickname is Avi. They are reform Jews. In her religious school, there are a few boys who go by Avi.

More on topic... if those doctors and nurses in the operating room didn't finally get put Ariel, I was about to reach through the screen and do it.

Edited by WallStreetDuchess
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Honest to God, she's got to go home. WTF was he thinking, a sheep slaughter at their home? She just had a baby, is uncomfortable and his family is in her face and he didn't think an animal sacrifice wouldn't affect her?  It may be their culture, but honestly he has to know how unaccustomed she is to THAT.  We all know she doesn't like it there.  TLC really. 

• Love 7
On 10/23/2020 at 5:19 AM, magemaud said:

So I guess Ariel got her way and they named the kid Aviel. That last picture of the three of them is not flattering to ANYONE 

I think that's the point, they're exhausted by bsby is happy! 

• Love 1