Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/25/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

^ Yeah, MM’s comments seemed like they were being aimed at Nicolle, Abby, Sara, etc. who she considers “fake,” simply because manners and class are not among her own skillset. So I laughed my ass off when Sunny then shaded her right after. You could see McCain's expression that she knew it was about her, too...

Besides, MM is clearly the fakest person who’s ever been on this show. Nothing she says ever feels genuine, but something pre-written by her husband as a counter to Joy or Sunny, or else it's a preplanned mention of her baby, her dad, etc. etc. in an attempt to make people care about her or feel sorry for her. The only reason she’s lasted this long despite that is because of her last name.

I was too busy to post the rest of the week, but about yesterday's show... McCain clearly comes onto this show every day already pressed over Joy. She's completely obsessed with the woman. For someone with a baby on the way, she really seems like she doesn't have a life outside this show. So did she mean that Trump is inaccurate considering Joy only quoted something Trump said in the first place? And McCain's unintentional fact-check of Trump happened in a rage spiel that was all intended to say Trump should never ever be fact-checked. LOL What a buffoon.

But I thought Whoopi ended the segment well regardless when she mocked McCain's idiocy that Twitter might start fact-checking random teenagers lying to their parents about their whereabouts. That's so stupid it's hard to believe someone actually said it.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

^ Yeah, MM’s comments seemed like they were being aimed at Nicolle, Abby, Sara, etc. who she considers “fake,” simply because manners and class are not among her own skillset. So I laughed my ass off when Sunny then shaded her right after. You could see McCain's expression that she knew it was about her, too...

Besides, MM is clearly the fakest person who’s ever been on this show. Nothing she says ever feels genuine, but something pre-written by her husband as a counter to Joy or Sunny, or else it's a preplanned mention of her baby, her dad, etc. etc. in an attempt to make people care about her or feel sorry for her. The only reason she’s lasted this long despite that is because of her last name.

I was too busy to post the rest of the week, but about yesterday's show... McCain clearly comes onto this show every day already pressed over Joy. She's completely obsessed with the woman. For someone with a baby on the way, she really seems like she doesn't have a life outside this show. So did she mean that Trump is inaccurate considering Joy only quoted something Trump said in the first place? And McCain's unintentional fact-check of Trump happened in a rage spiel that was all intended to say Trump should never ever be fact-checked. LOL What a buffoon.

But I thought Whoopi ended the segment well regardless when she mocked McCain's idiocy that Twitter might start fact-checking random teenagers lying to their parents about their whereabouts. That's so stupid it's hard to believe someone actually said it.

What did Sunny say, i was in the bathroom lol

• LOL 2
On 5/27/2020 at 11:38 AM, Medicine Crow said:

I just learned that on our Canadian talk show, The Social.  It hadn't been mentioned before.  As a Canadian, I'm so embarrassed for a multitude of reasons & outraged that she "pulled the race card" when SHE was breaking the law (dog off leash).  Gawd!!!

pisser aint it. Hehe.  Welcome to our world 🤪🙃😉😮💣💥😽

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I like the longer interviews, too.  I just wish they gave that kind of time to the more interesting guests, and not politicians, who tend to stick to their talking points.   

Without any movies, shows, books, or albums to promote there aren’t a lot of celebs who want to bother with talk shows. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, buttersister said:

Does Meghan look towards her off-camera, horrible husband holding garbage cue cards?

I believe she's looking due south in the general direction of Washington,  as if Mecca lol

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Gavin Newsom is so hot. His gorgeous face, his height, his demeanor, his voice, yummy. 

Hard to believe he was once married to Don Jr.'s, ahem, girlfriend, former Fox babe, Kimberly Gilfoille!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Hard to believe he was once married to Don Jr.'s, ahem, girlfriend, former Fox babe, Kimberly Gilfoille!

I know. She’s a beautiful woman, but I’d imagine she’d get on his nerves as liberal as he is. And vice versa. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

I like the longer interviews, too.  I just wish they gave that kind of time to the more interesting guests, and not politicians, who tend to stick to their talking points.

I wish most of them (I exclude Joy) had better interview skills.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is the only person who calls her a political analyst.  Just because she analyzes politics doesn't make her an actual political analyst.  She is a View co host. Ana Navarro is a political analyst. She has worked for campaigns and is paid by other outlets to analyze politics. 

The part I highlighted is key.  Nobody is choosing to hire Meghan for her political analyses. Even the View would be fine with her talking about "Real" Housewives instead of reading right-wing talking points off blue cards or a teleprompter.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Tammee said:

What did Sunny say, i was in the bathroom lol

These aren't her exact words, but it was about how horrible people on TV who act the most poorly unfortunately getting rewarded for their bad behavior.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is the only person who calls her a political analyst.  Just because she analyzes politics doesn't make her an actual political analyst.  She is a View co host. Ana Navarro is a political analyst. She has worked for campaigns and is paid by other outlets to analyze politics.   My boss likes to play tennis. Is he a tennis player? No he is a business owner who likes to play tennis.

Are you saying I can't call myself a media critic, considering I post on this forum? How about a TV analyst? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

I was watching Tuesday's show, paused it at VYD to hop in the shower. When I got out, I glanced at the screen and was like "what the hell is greta selling????" looked like a set of old fashioned "RIP" tombstones. turns out they were simply holding her "on trend" junk necklaces... Now I wonder if she always uses these same props and I just never noticed before (I guess that's how bored I am these days!)

• LOL 2
On 5/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, Medicine Crow said:

How scintillating ... Gaven Newsom being "drilled" by Missy from prepared notes, machine-gun style.  Give.me.a.break!!  She's beyond pathetic.

but, but, she's a political analyst

that is her job...…...since birth...…..

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I just can't.  I try to get through at least 20min of this show but I just can't.  I come here first and comments intrigue me, so I try to watch...say, like this about Sunny.  Couldn't bear to wade through the dreck.  Pitiful.

16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

These aren't her exact words, but it was about how horrible people on TV who act the most poorly unfortunately getting rewarded for their bad behavior.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Are you saying I can't call myself a media critic, considering I post on this forum? How about a TV analyst? 

This made me laugh.

Give me a minute while update my resumé...

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

but, but, she's a political analyst

that is her job...…...since birth...…..

I believe she has said "since the womb," which, btw, I'm pretty sure my mom did some tv watching while I was in her womb. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

She was much prettier during their marriage. She's had a lot of work done since then.

Some really, really bad work. As in "Please tell me the name of your surgeon so I will know who to avoid." 

In the olden days she looked a lot like Raquel Welch in her prime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Looks like the ladies are finally taking time off. My dvr is listing the show as having new episode this coming week of June 1 but ABC News PR hasn't released any info for the coming week and tvguide is listing reruns on those days.

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-view/tv-listings/192276/

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think "we all" need a break!!!

With everything that is going on, they should have new shows to reflect that reality. These ladies could take a break at another time..

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think "we all" need a break!!!

That was exactly my thought.  I'm kind of relieved we won't have shows this coming week.  

• Love 2

Unfortunately,  I believe the ladies of the view have become very, very predictable in their views. Yawn.

Seriously,  I think we all could predict what each of them would say about the protests... even Whoopi's eloquent sage words of wisdom  for posterity....sarcasm font deployed here, in case you are new here.

So,  it's not much of a miss if they go on a break.

Except we are spared the blatant hypocrisy/fake concern for anyone from Nutmeg.

And her exploding head outrage if anyone looted a Babies R' Us this weekend. 

A crisisiesiesieses of major proportion in these times.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

With everything that is going on, they should have new shows to reflect that reality. These ladies could take a break at another time..

Oh honey, if we want to know what's going on from reliable sources, there's MSNBC & CNN, only mentioning two.  Honestly, I can't watch another store being looted or a tear gas cannister being thrown.  No leadership ... what a surprise!!  Dogs & big-ass weapons, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I bet the timing of the breaks is written into their contracts.

They have always taken a week off in March or April for a spring break and then they have have off August.  A break in June doesn't usually happen.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Taking a week off now, with everything happen, seems weird. They may need the break, but if they call themselves the most important show in the country and are part of the news division, then they should be talking about the current protests. Plus, I want someone to ask Meghan about the Colin Kaepernick and what sort of protests she's okay with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Yes, Methinknot, shades of Tomi Lahren's deer in the headlights silent bafflement when asked about her criticism of Colin Kapernick's peaceful kneeling, as to how she thinks  people should protest .

I predict Nutmeg will voice/read a blue card confusing word salad in response,  and will bring up the Black store owner whose business was trashed as a weird contradiction to protesters real message. She's useless. 

• Love 14
On 5/29/2020 at 10:58 PM, tinkerbell said:

LOL

I wish we got new episodes with all that's going on right now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2020 at 12:30 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

She was much prettier during their marriage. She's had a lot of work done since then.

She was strikingly beautiful when she was with Gavin. I don't expect her not to age. One thing I noticed is her style was more modest then. In all the pics I've seen of them together she looks quite proper. Post-Gavin Kimberly is more sexed up. lol

It's interesting that Gavin doesn't have a type. Kimberly is a curvy exotic woman, and his new wife is a delicate little blonde. Both beautiful, just different.

• Love 1
On 5/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, Picture It. Sicily said:

I remember reading about Ann Getty hosting the wedding reception for the Newsoms back in the day.

They were visually a stunning couple back then, but now she looks cartoonish to me with all the tweeks.  Gavin appears to be one of those men who ages well.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mldyold said:

They were visually a stunning couple back then, but now she looks cartoonish to me with all the tweeks.  Gavin appears to be one of those men who ages well.

Or it could just be their inner selves are shining through.  He is a good person and she is dating Donald Trump Jr. so...............

• LOL 2
  • Love 10