Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/25/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 25 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 4/28/2020) – Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) joined by her husband, John Bessler who recently recovered from COVID-19; Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds on his recent battle with the coronavirus

Tuesday, May 26 – Terry Crews (“America’s Got Talent”);  “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, May 27 — Zach Braff & Donald Faison (Podcast, “Fake Doctors, Real Friends”)

Thursday, May 28 — Dr. Michael Osterholm (Director, Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of MN)

Friday, May 29 — The Political View with Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA); Ice Cube (“The High Note”)

• Love 2

Meghan, here is a clue to relieve your confusion: people are stupid. This is why docs are arguing against reopening the country. It is not a red state blue state problem, no group of people can be relied on to behave sensibly.

Oh, lord, here we go with the crib again. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
(edited)

Points to Sunny for pointing out that you can literally pray and worship anywhere. You'd think "religious" people would get that, but noooo...

All Meg wants to do is buy a crib and visit her dad's grave? Suuuuure. Or is she more worried that new cases would cancel her precious hunting season in the fall?

The footage from the Ozarks made me sick.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 17

BooHoo, Meghan.  I'm sorry if you feel you are a prisoner.  Put a face mask on, go outside, practice social distancing and go for a walk, you need the diversion.  I am 78, soon to be 79, I did stay in at the beginning, family brought me groceries, then I had a routine Dr. appointment, that I was going to cancel, and they told me no, just keep it, as we are not seeing Covid19  people in our office, so no problem.  We all wore masks.  I keep masks, along with wipes and hand sanitizer in my car, and, gloves if needed, to do my grocery shopping,  That is all I have done so far.  Oh yes. I have an autoimmune condition,that required two bone marrow tests, also. I just practice good health guidelines.  But, of course, I am not pregnant.  And I did visit my husband and parents graves. I was the only one there at the time.  And, today, my hairdresser called me and I will be getting a haircut at 1 PM.  I will be the only one there, and she will disinfect before I came and after I leave. So, maybe you need to broaden your horizons, and just get out of the house.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

BooHoo, Meghan.  I'm sorry if you feel you are a prisoner.  Put a face mask on, go outside, practice social distancing and go for a walk, you need the diversion.  I am 78, soon to be 79, I did stay in at the beginning, family brought me groceries, then I had a routine Dr. appointment, that I was going to cancel, and they told me no, just keep it, as we are not seeing Covid19  people in our office, so no problem.  We all wore masks.  I keep masks, along with wipes and hand sanitizer in my car, and, gloves if needed, to do my grocery shopping,  That is all I have done so far.  Oh yes. I have an autoimmune condition,that required two bone marrow tests, also. I just practice good health guidelines.  But, of course, I am not pregnant.  And I did visit my husband and parents graves. I was the only one there at the time.  And, today, my hairdresser called me and I will be getting a haircut at 1 PM.  I will be the only one there, and she will disinfect before I came and after I leave. So, maybe you need to broaden your horizons, and just get out of the house.

I am an essential worker and other than work I have only went to the grocery store (once a week on Saturday mornings before it gets crowded) and have started having Dr.'s appointments again and yes I wear a mask and they wear a mask.  Also keep hand sanitizer and wipes in my car. It is not rocket science on how to live during this. It is all common sense and compassion which both seem to be in short supply for some people.  Meghan just wants to bitch and complain and I swear to fucking god if she tries to lay blame on anyone but who we all know deserves it I will join Twitter just to light her ass up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

"Opioid overdoses" is one of Meghan's newer favorite phrases.  Does she think this is the only drug out there?

Meghan's going to insist on buying a crib in a store, isn't she?  And as far as I can tell, she's free to visit her father's grave.  If there are other people around, I can't imagine there would be so many people that social distancing couldn't be maintained.  

Why was Meghan looking off to the side so much, sometimes even while she was talking?  (And why in the last week or so has she reverted back to wearing business suits; it's probably just the jacket, but still?)

Terry Crews didn't have to worry about putting food on the table once he joined the NFL, several years before he became an actor. 

At the close, Whoopie, all cheery, says, "If you're not sure how you feel, look at the front of the New York Times", obviously a reference to the Sunday cover, but to mention it with a smile on her face was off, somehow. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's going to insist on buying a crib in a store, isn't she?  And as far as I can tell, she's free to visit her father's grave.  If there are other people around, I can't imagine there would be so many people that social distancing couldn't be maintained.  

Out of all the co hosts (including Sara and Ana) Meghan is the only one who grew up privileged and has never had to struggle and she is of course the only one who is acting like a spoiled brat. I'm sure she will tell  her child how hard it was planning for their arrival.  How she had to order their crib online. How she was unable to go shoot squirrels or whatever defenseless animal she hunts. How she stood up for freedom by tweeting from the comfort of her own apartment.  Sure seems like being able to handle adversity doesn't run in the family.

• Love 24
(edited)

I have never ever seem Megs so pressed about Opioid overdoses. Is her mom using again? 

I cancelled Terry Crews after he threw Gabrielle Union under the bus. I turned the channel as soon as his face came on the screen. I used to really like him.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
To officially cancel Terry Crews
  • Love 14
(edited)

Megan is just so miserable being  at home.  She can always go out and take walks while wearing a mask, practicing social distancing.  It is not that hard to do.. 

Those pictures of the people around the country defying social distancing is just scary and revolting af..  I just don't understand people being willfully ignorant to their own detriment..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

"Opioid overdoses" is one of Meghan's newer favorite phrases.  Does she think this is the only drug out there?

Why was Meghan looking off to the side so much, sometimes even while she was talking?  (And why in the last week or so has she reverted back to wearing business suits; it's probably just the jacket, but still?)

Terry Crews didn't have to worry about putting food on the table once he joined the NFL, several years before he became an actor. 

At the close, Whoopie, all cheery, says, "If you're not sure how you feel, look at the front of the New York Times", obviously a reference to the Sunday cover, but to mention it with a smile on her face was off, somehow. 

Maybe it was more of a grimace than a smile?  I havent seen it yet but will watch and see.  Interpretation open to anyone.  Deleted, not important. Cant find the strikethough lol. 

Ok for more important Whoopi news... just watched it right this moment and she was saying the goodbyes and good days trying to be cheery, and then immediately went into the somberness of it and the NYT, and i think there was a second where i could hear the face saying where do we go? What do we do?  Good?  Bad? i think she was just slow in changing expressions.  And then after that she had to go back to good again for bye and wash your hands. No wonder the woman doesnt know which way is up. Hehe i was going to put *biach!* but you know...elders...respectful and all......LOL  I'm probably older that she is hah!

*** I'll tell you on a personal note, seeing that cover of the NYT with exactly 1000 names,  to represent 1/100,000 of all the victims..my percentage is probably wrong, but whether one name or a hundred,  it struck me and all i could do was weep.  A Very Powerful cover NYT bravo.  I dont know if theres awards for such stuff, but you should def get the gold baby.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

First of all, I want to say that I LOVE Sunny but I do have to say that I loved it when James Clyburn took down Sunny when she said that Biden MUST pick a black woman Vice-President.  Mr Clyburn went on to say that he and his wife never told each other that they MUST do something in the 58 years that they were married (before she passed). PREACH!

Yes!  Same here! Love Sunny, but he took her to church!  LOL had to say it! haHA!  But i do agree, no one will tell me i must do something.  Sends me running in the total opposite direction. nobody likes to be ordered.

• Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

First of all, I want to say that I LOVE Sunny but I do have to say that I loved it when James Clyburn took down Sunny when she said that Biden MUST pick a black woman Vice-President.  Mr Clyburn went on to say that he and his wife never told each other that they MUST do something in the 58 years that they were married (before she passed). PREACH!

I am team Sunny on this.....

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

MM should play Frontier days.  She can wear her leather fringe or chaps.  She can still walk around holding her rifles.  They dont have to be loaded. They can play dressup and create a cardboard fort in the livingroom.  Would be fun!  She needs the practice anyway

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think what Clyburn said to Sunny, which was perfect, btw - wise, tactful, all those things, was his way of saying that this is a difficult enough decision for Biden to make without everyone putting their two cents in and just adding to the pressure he's under.

• Love 20

I’m confused ( a constant state of mind) Terry is glad his daughter is stuck at boarding school? I can’t remember why he has rubbed me the wrong way in the past but it remains.  Can  you imagine  high school kids stuck at home.? . Learning on a computer.  please.   My daughter in law is a grammar school teacher and says she’s never worked harder or longer.  She said it’s not just lessons but also has to teach them and parents how to do her plan. Oh and she has a 5 and 8 year old at home. 
Very  telling about Megan  only wanting a crib and a grave visit.  No visit to mom ? 
My friend just bought a bedroom set from a large Department store, which  shocked me since he’s a champion hands on shopper. 
Mercy  Terry is still on my screen on California Live, bragging about everything he did (like the laundry ) while his wife was sick.

• Love 3

t the close, Whoopie, all cheery, says, "If you're not sure how you feel, look at the front of the New York Times", obviously a reference to the Sunday cover, but to mention it with a smile on her face was off, somehow. 

I took that as a sarcastic smile, as in, you're complaining about staying safe as 100,000+ died in three months? The Times piece is heartbreaking, as is the WaPo digital tribute, which includes photos and longer stories or links to obits. 

Terry Crews is a channel changer for me after Gabrielle Union--although I didn't care about him before that. Glad his daughter's at boarding school, you say? So he doesn't have to do her laundry? Hard pass on him.

• Love 11
(edited)

People defying social distancing is scary, but what will soon become scarier is when temperatures soar and people who stay home start dying in their stifling apartments.  Scores of Americans do not have air conditioned luxury apartments, backyards with pools or second homes in the Hamptons with private waterfronts or ranches in Arizona to enjoy like these privileged ladies.  We need solutions not just louder "stay home" screeching. Air-conditioned stores, shady parks, the ocean, rivers, lakes, pools and fire hydrants are traditionally the only places the underprivileged have to cool off for their health. What is The View's solution? 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, buttersister said:

Terry Crews is a channel changer for me after Gabrielle Union--although I didn't care about him before that. Glad his daughter's at boarding school, you say? So he doesn't have to do her laundry? Hard pass on him.

Terry Crews could kick rocks as far as I am concerned.. I cannot stand him after he threw her under the bus. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Really? I thought his response was very cringe-worthy. He sounded like an old man stuck in his ways. And it reminded me of how black women don't receive much support--even from black men.

• Love 7

Are pregnant women banned from leaving the house in New York? Do stores not have special hours for at-risk shoppers? Do rich people not shop online?

I'm so confused by Meagain's constant whining about being unable to go shopping. I guess anything less would work against the martyrdom she's pushing.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, lusinia said:

Just like she would do it in the studio, she's looking at the monitor. They got new equipment along with the green screen. I wonder if they can see the producers too or if it's just audio.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Tammee said:

Ok for more important Whoopi news... just watched it right this moment and she was saying the goodbyes and good days trying to be cheery, and then immediately went into the somberness of it and the NYT, and i think there was a second where i could hear the face saying where do we go? What do we do?  Good?  Bad? i think she was just slow in changing expressions.  And then after that she had to go back to good again for bye and wash your hands. No wonder the woman doesnt know which way is up. 

What?! 

Are you trying to say that the woman who has won countless acting awards, the woman who is one of the elite EGOT winners....that that woman had trouble changing expressions?!

Yeah, I believe it! You're probably right!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, falltime said:

Just like she would do it in the studio, she's looking at the monitor. They got new equipment along with the green screen. I wonder if they can see the producers too or if it's just audio.

I figured it was Ben with notes. 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 13
18 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I figured it was Ben with notes. 😁

all that nicksplat GIF

lol I actually had put Ben in my response initially but they I started typing about Kelly Ripa and her husband so I just deleted Ben altogether.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, falltime said:

You know who I've seen do this?  Three year olds who are being interviewed on tv, who, when they catch a glimpse of themselves on the monitor, become transfixed, and can't resist watching themselves.

Which is cute when someone's 3, but a 35 year old woman who's been appearing on tv for over a decade really should have grown out of it by now.  

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, lusinia said:

You know who I've seen do this?  Three year olds who are being interviewed on tv, who, when they catch a glimpse of themselves on the monitor, become transfixed, and can't resist watching themselves.

Which is cute when someone's 3, but a 35 year old woman who's been appearing on tv for over a decade really should have grown out of it by now.  

I also think it's insecurity on her part, now that she is pregnant and getting bigger as the pregnancy progresses, she will be even more self-conscious.. I mean people on social media have called her Miss Piggy and worst..  They love to take cheap shots at her weight. I normally hate these type of low blows at women but I just don't care when it comes to her. I know that I am going to hell for saying this, it is what it is..

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, leftlane said:

Are pregnant women banned from leaving the house in New York? Do stores not have special hours for at-risk shoppers? Do rich people not shop online?

I'm so confused by Meagain's constant whining about being unable to go shopping. I guess anything less would work against the martyrdom she's pushing.

I give Meghan a bit of a break here because she's pregnant and some people go crazy with worry when it comes to their first child. Plus, we're currently in a pandemic which would probably heighten Meghan's anxiety by 1000%.

She should go for a walk though, take in the fresh air and talk to her family to help calm her nerves down.

• Love 5

I am pretty sure MeAgain can visit her father's grave and buy a crib.  Shut the fuck up.  She's the one, as she admitted, who has been for a month pushing to reopen "the economy" and then she is surprised that people are throwing caution to the wind and don't give a shit about anyone else.

I am pretty sure that Congressman threw some mighty shade at Whoopi.  He was  talking about Biden's stupid comment, and he actually chose to drag Whoopi into it, saying that she has said questionable things, that she didn't outright apologize for.  She played along and didn't get pissed with him, but I bet she was.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

I found it very telling that Meghan, who just loves to talk about representing the viewpoint of people in the middle of the country, kept talking about "the Ozarks." Yes, that overcrowded pool was at Lake of the Ozarks. She very pointedly avoided mentioning a state name. I bet if you gave her ten minutes, she couldn't have come up with Missouri.

She also didn't mention the gatherings in Arizona at Lake Havasu.

4 hours ago, bannana said:

I am pretty sure MeAgain can visit her father's grave and buy a crib.  Shut the fuck up.  She's the one, as she admitted, who has been for a month pushing to reopen "the economy" and then she is surprised that people are throwing caution to the wind and don't give a shit about anyone else.

Meghan could go places but she chooses not to. When she said she wanted the economy to open back up she meant she wants all those other people to go back out into the world. She however will continue to sit in her (very expensive I'm sure) apartment and whine about not being able to go anywhere.

4 hours ago, bannana said:

I am pretty sure that Congressman threw some mighty shade at Whoopi.  He was  talking about Biden's stupid comment, and he actually chose to drag Whoopi into it, saying that she has said questionable things, that she didn't outright apologize for.  She played along and didn't get pissed with him, but I bet she was.

He was right. Everyone has said things they have needed to apologize for. The problem is when some people are held to higher standard than other people.

• Love 18

There is nothing stopping Meghan from going outside and getting some fresh air or even visiting with friends as long as they are aware of social distancing.  As usual she would rather whine and play the victim.  However if she is suffering from depression it should be up to her loved ones to encourage her to seek help.  I still think it's more that she's looking for attention.  Poor Meghan, all cooped up in her apartment and not able to shop for a crib.  Spare me.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I still think it's more that she's looking for attention.

It absolutely is that. She could have and still could go to her family's ranch in Arizona. But then she wouldn't be able to act like she is on house arrest.  Don't ever let it be said Meghan misses an opportunity to play the victim.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Oh, yes.  I noticed this, too, and I bet she was.

I guess Meghan and her husband don't have a car.  Otherwise, taking a drive to go to her father's grave in Maryland wouldn't be a problem.

Meghan was rightly upset at the people who went out and crowded together, without masks, over the holiday weekend.  She said on Twitter that she thought that re-opening society would be "slow and responsible".

But she's seemed okay with all the re-open protests and rallies, which were, for the most part, also not done in a responsible manner.  Even though you have the difference between having fun and wanting to get back to work, the possibility of causing a "super spreader" event exists for both. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan was rightly upset at the people who went out and crowded together, without masks, over the holiday weekend.  She said on Twitter that she thought that re-opening society would be "slow and responsible".

But she's seemed okay with all the re-open protests and rallies, which were, for the most part, also not done in a responsible manner.  Even though you have the difference between having fun and wanting to get back to work, the possibility of causing a "super spreader" event exists for both. 

I guess if  you are being irresponsible waving a flag and carrying a big gun it's OK with Meghan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It absolutely is that. She could have and still could go to her family's ranch in Arizona. But then she wouldn't be able to act like she is on house arrest.  Don't ever let it be said Meghan misses an opportunity to play the victim.

But you see she lives in a crowded ghetto. To get outside she has to climb down a fire escape that is crowded with children and laundry. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Oh, yes.  I noticed this, too, and I bet she was.

I guess Meghan and her husband don't have a car.  Otherwise, taking a drive to go to her father's grave in Maryland wouldn't be a problem.

Hey!  I'm in Maryland!  Don't you be sending her here!  We have enough problems!

• LOL 19
(edited)

Here we go with Megan playing a victim about being a conservative on tweeter.. Whatever Megan... She also had to throw in her diatribe that the racist lady in the park was a liberal. 

I am just tired of seeing Black people being murdered by people who should be enforcing the law. We have had so many already in 2020 and we have 7 months to go. It cannot be said enough that 2020 is just an awful year, it started with Kobe's death..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14
Just now, Medicine Crow said:

I'm surprised no one mentioned that the stupid bitch was actually choking the poor little dog.  My stomach was churning as it tried to touch the ground.  Gawd!!!

Her dog got taken away... 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, 2JEWELL said:

Half -listening here, did MeAgain just invoke Obama’s name into this description of the racist Central Park Karen?    I have barely watched this show since the pandemic crisis (too busy, now that I’m forced to look at all of my unfinished projects) but honestly, I’m just about done.  Her constant divisive speech reminds me more and more of you-know-who.  Never, did I ever think I would use that one.  I’ll show myself out 😂

MM's comments were a continuation of the point Joy had just made.  Joy pointed out that this happened in Central Park in NYC and not in the deep South.  MM then continued on to point out the woman had made the maximum donation to the Obama campaign (although I question the motive of whoever researched and published that factoid for MM to quote).   And said the stereotype was that only conservatives were racist.  

Whoopi ended the conversation by basically stating that black people already know racism doesn't have a political affiliation.  

• Love 19

She HAD to bring up Obama. to justify, that woman  was a liberal.  Gawd, she is awful. I couldn't loathe her any more.  And, why is she allowed to go on and on and on.  She actually gets breathless.  We need Ana, please!!

• Love 20
(edited)

It's interesting that Meghan would assume the woman in Central Park was "working herself up into fake hysteria".  Just because she herself has a habit of working herself up into fake outrages doesn't mean everybody does.  

Who knows what this woman's mental state is, but if she was faking it she missed her calling.  She seemed completely, irrationally, hysterical.  Don Lemon played a longer clip of this on his show last night, before talking to Christian Cooper, and the way the woman was pulling on her poor dog's collar, causing it to choke and yelp, was not the way someone who's pretending during a 9-1-1 call would be behaving.  I'm glad the rescue organization has the dog back.   

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

She HAD to bring up Obama. to justify, that woman  was a liberal.  Gawd, she is awful. I couldn't loathe her any more.  And, why is she allowed to go on and on and on.  She actually gets breathless.  We need Ana, please!!

If the other ladies brought up that the white woman was a liberal and thus racism doesn't care about political sides, then I think it would have been better. But I don't get why Meghan brought it up here. The white woman was also Canadian, but she didn't say that. Or the fact that the white police officer who killed George Floyd was a MAGA Republican.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 18
32 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

If the other ladies brought up that the white woman was a liberal and thus racism doesn't care about political sides, then I think it would have been better. But I don't get why Meghan brought it up here. The white woman was also Canadian, but she didn't say that. Or the fact that the white police officer who killed George Floyd was a MAGA Republican.

I just learned that on our Canadian talk show, The Social.  It hadn't been mentioned before.  As a Canadian, I'm so embarrassed for a multitude of reasons & outraged that she "pulled the race card" when SHE was breaking the law (dog off leash).  Gawd!!!

• Love 13