Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/25/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

There is nothing stopping Meghan from going outside and getting some fresh air or even visiting with friends as long as they are aware of social distancing.  As usual she would rather whine and play the victim.  However if she is suffering from depression it should be up to her loved ones to encourage her to seek help.  I still think it's more that she's looking for attention.  Poor Meghan, all cooped up in her apartment and not able to shop for a crib.  Spare me.

I agree with your entire post, but especially what I bolded here...maybe Meghan is making these comments about not being able to get out to buy a carseat or crib so that possibly, some baby gear shop will "donate" them to her??  

She's probaly going to miss out on several baby showers, including the big on-air one, where in the past, other hosts have been gifted with big ticket items.  

Maybe this is her subtle way of garnering attention and thus, garnering freebies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 5/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, Pearson80 said:

I am team Sunny on this.....

Me, too. And I love James Clyburn, but since Sunny is not married to Joe Biden, he’s talking apples and oranges. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Terry Crews could kick rocks as far as I am concerned.. I cannot stand him after he threw her under the bus. 

Especially since Union so strongly defended him after his story of being groped by a man. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

People defying social distancing is scary, but what will soon become scarier is when temperatures soar and people who stay home start dying in their stifling apartments.  Scores of Americans do not have air conditioned luxury apartments, backyards with pools or second homes in the Hamptons with private waterfronts or ranches in Arizona to enjoy like these privileged ladies.  We need solutions not just louder "stay home" screeching. Air-conditioned stores, shady parks, the ocean, rivers, lakes, pools and fire hydrants are traditionally the only places the underprivileged have to cool off for their health. What is The View's solution? 

And people have historically used public libraries to escape from the heat. Back in the day, a huge rash of elderly died in a Chicago heatwave. They lived in high rises, and were afraid to open their windows in fear of being attacked. I remember they had to bring in meat trucks to store all the bodies. ☹️

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Especially since Union so strongly defended him after his story of being groped by a man. 

I know. After he was groped and treated so poorly by other black men, he became a sort of icon for metoo. Here was this masculine guy who was speaking up about the powerlessness a person feels in that situation. I was a big fan of his from his role as the dad from Everybody Hates Chris. I actually had printed a small pic of him and put it by my computer where I tend to shop online. Anyone not familiar with the series, he made a face anytime his family spent money or wasted something. It was there to remind me to think about whether I really need to make that purchase. Anyway-not only did he not support Gabrielle, he made an ass out of himself on Twitter doubling down on his crap. I am not surprised The View had him on. Trash guests are their signature. They love to promote these anti-woman assholes. I will never watch anything with him in it again. Needless to say, that tiny framed picture of him scolding me for shopping is long gone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

It's interesting that Meghan would assume the woman in Central Park was "working herself up into fake hysteria".  Just because she herself has a habit of working herself up into fake outrages doesn't mean everybody does.  

Who knows what this woman's mental state is, but if she was faking it she missed her calling.  She seemed completely, irrationally, hysterical.  Don Lemon played a longer clip of this on his show last night, before talking to Christian Cooper, and the way the woman was pulling on her poor dog's collar, causing it to choke and yelp, was not the way someone who's pretending during a 9-1-1 call would be behaving.  I'm glad the rescue organization has the dog back.   

I think MM is guilty of letting her emotions irrationally overwhelm her just as this woman does.  It's real to them, but generally not a rational response for the average person  

I also watched the longer clip.  Whatever inner dialogue she was having in her mind that made her fearful and react so irrationally, was likely based in stereotypes and racism.  

• Love 11

I noted that, as Meghan was describing the lady in Central Park, she just happened to include active liberal Democrat, Obama supporter (twice!) in her list of descriptives trying to make like highlighting this wasn’t her primary goal.  And no one has said that there isn’t racism across the spectrum.  I can only find the politics info on her in an article for The Independent online.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whatever point she was making she needs to take a seat.  This woman's politics had zero to do with her racist behavior.  That woman showed herself to be just an awful human being. Period.

Meghan probably felt the need to bring it up because she herself was just called out for her racism when she blamed Obama for causing a culture war.

Even when the conversation isn't about her, Meghan still can't help but think of herself. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

There is nothing stopping Meghan from going outside and getting some fresh air or even visiting with friends as long as they are aware of social distancing.  As usual she would rather whine and play the victim.  However if she is suffering from depression it should be up to her loved ones to encourage her to seek help.  I still think it's more that she's looking for attention.  Poor Meghan, all cooped up in her apartment and not able to shop for a crib.  Spare me.

Seek help??  But, hasn't she said before that the solution to problems is to drink whiskey and shoot guns?  Or was that only marital problems?  Oh yeah, and she can't drink whiskey now - no wonder she's depressed. 

7 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

But you see she lives in a crowded ghetto. To get outside she has to climb down a fire escape that is crowded with children and laundry. 

children, laundry, and worst of all, LIBERALS!   She has said she can't walk around without being screamed at  by liberals.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

children, laundry, and worst of all, LIBERALS!   She has said she can't walk around without being screamed at  by liberals.  

Fortunately their masks should muffle some of the abuse. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Or that social media allegedly favors liberal Democrats, because she is the victim of mean stuff that Twitter wouldn’t remove.

Liberals don't get mean stuff said to them? Celebrities are going to get slammed  even if they're the nicest people on earth.

• Love 15

That interview with Zach and Donald was a mess. Cutting in and out and no control over the conversation. It prob would’ve been much much better as an in person interview. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I loved scrubs but this was hard to follow. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

Liberals don't get mean stuff said to them? Celebrities are going to get slammed  even if they're the nicest people on earth.

Meghan routinely criticizes liberals. Was it Leo DeCaprio she said wasn't a real advocate for doing things to help stop climate change because he rode on a jet?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meg has no time for this conversation?  Does she have something better to do?

No. She cannot even shop for a crib or get her roots dyed three shades of fake blonde.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg, shut your trap. Mark Zuckerberg is a POS because he lets Facebook spread harmful conspiracy theories among other things. He's not standing up for free speech, he's covering his ass for his own gain. 

I don't want to go off topic but Meghan was rightfully upset when in 2000 robo calls to potential voters were spreading lies about her family. Wasn't that free speech?  She picks and chooses what she think is free speech.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Joy and Sunny's faces when Meghan spouts her nonsense. She is such a smug and entitled twatwaffle. I wish they could freely unload on her. 

Christian Cooper epitomizes grace and thoughtfulness. I don't appreciate that the questions seem to imply that he should feel bad about the consequences that the woman is experiencing. I agree with him that death threats against her is wrong, and that she should definitely reflect on why she chose to take the actions she did. Her fit of spite and willful lying could have cost this man his life.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Ironic that the doc who was sort of dismissive of masks was followed be a J&J commercial about masks. Oops. 

I didn't feel that he was dismissive of masks, just indicating they do not provide as much protection as we would like. He still is pro-mask.

• Love 5
(edited)

Meghan doesn't want Twitter to fact check her.

So Meghan thinks the tech companies have a "base" that they're "virtue signalling" to.  She tries to fit everything into her politics, "both sides" narrative.  Just because one side in a dispute has political motivations doesn't mean the other side does. 

What was Meghan criticizing Joy for? Her ",,,by the way, the point about ballot, balloting you just said, Joy, that's not accurate.  Arizona has voted red every election since 1953...over 70% of Arizonans vote in by absentee ballot or by mail.  So it's just, it's, all of this is just trafficking in complete and utter inaccuracies and falsehoods.  And I for one, it's Thursday, it's been a long week, and I have no time for this".  (This was her most animated comment of the show, and when she finished she had this smug self-satisfied smirk on her face.)

I thought I must have missed something, so I rewound to listen again to what Joy said.  It didn't appear to me that there was anything Joy was saying that she herself was inaccurate about.  She did quote Trump, and specifically said she was quoting Trump, as saying,"if you ever agreed to mail-in voting, you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again".

So was Meghan not paying attention, and mistakenly thought this was Joy's opinion?  Or did she realize it was Trump saying this, but didn't want to say his name and directly attack him, so she blamed Joy instead?     

Since Meghan singled out Joy for being "inaccurate", I wish Whoopie had let Joy respond.  But I'm not even sure Joy took it the same way I did.  Maybe I'm misreading the whole thing, but the way she was talking made it seem like Meghan was pissed off at what was happening right then, and not Trump's weeks long anti-vote-by-mail crusade. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 20
21 minutes ago, lusinia said:

So Meghan thinks the tech companies have a "base" that they're "virtue signalling" to.  She tries to fit everything into her politics, "both sides" narrative.  Just because one side in a dispute has political motivations doesn't mean the other side does. 

I thought the same... the only base the tech companies have is money.  There is no virtue signaling there.  And just because Zuckerberg donated to a Tulsi Gabbard, I can't really make assumptions about his politics.  It is not unusual for business people  to donate to politicians on both sides, especially if they are trying to lobby.  Making assumptions based on political donations seems to be MM's new talking point from whoever is feeding her info.   But without context, it's absolutely useless information.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg has no time for this conversation?  Does she have something better to do?

It’s been a long week Meghan?  If I can count correctly, this is actually only your third day of working this week...and you’ve just started that third day.  What a wimp!  How is that a long week?  And Joy didn’t say that republicans don’t vote by mail...your guy said or implied that (and I’m still saying your guy since you still seem to be waffling about not voting for someone you claim to dislike and disagree with).  What’s true is that  voting by mail means it’s more difficult to actively discourage people from voting or make it very difficult...and those people tend to vote democrat, though not exclusively.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

So was Meghan not paying attention, and mistakenly thought this was Joy's opinion?  Or did she realize it was Trump saying this, but didn't want to say his name and directly attack him, so she blamed Joy instead?     

Since Meghan singled out Joy for being "inaccurate", I wish Whoopie had let Joy respond.  But I'm not even sure Joy took it the same way I did.  Maybe I'm misreading the whole thing, but the way she was talking made it seem like Meghan was pissed off at what was happening right then, and not Trump's weeks long anti-vote-by-mail crusade. 

I think MeAgain misunderstood what Joy said and accused her of being inaccurate.  And then she doubled down when she said this, which was quite offensive to Joy.

So it's just, it's, all of this is just trafficking in complete and utter inaccuracies and falsehoods.  And I for one, it's Thursday, it's been a long week, and I have no time for this"

If she didn't intend that to be directed at Joy, then she should have clarified after the break.

Whoopi doesn't like that she doesn't get to pontificate as much in this format. 😆

MeAgain is having it so tough that she had to call Whoopi before the show one day this week to say she just cannot do it.  And it was the only time her three years on the show that she has ever done that.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I think MeAgain misunderstood what Joy said and accused her of being inaccurate.  And then she doubled down when she said this, which was quite offensive to Joy.

If she didn't intend that to be directed at Joy, then she should have clarified after the break.

Whoopi doesn't like that she doesn't get to pontificate as much in this format. 😆

MeAgain is having it so tough that she had to call Whoopi before the show one day this week to say she just cannot do it.  And it was the only time her three years on the show that she has ever done that.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

I wonder if when Megs called Whoopie, Whoopie said, "Don't call me!  Don't message me!  I don't care."

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Does Meghan look towards her off-camera, horrible husband holding garbage cue cards?

I thought he wrote the cue cards for her and that is what she is always looking down to check.  Maybe he decided he needed to be closer to her at all times....aw, how sweet......and is by her side coaching her nastiness.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

We're really getting lazy you guys!!  No one mentioned Missy's mispronunciation of criseseseseseses ... LOL.

I heard it again today but forgot to mention it - what was this, the eighth "crisises" in three months?  Where are her "friends", like SE Cupp, Bari Weiss or that Word-A-Day woman who know about these things? Shouldn't they give her a friendly correction instead of mean ones from us, with an admonition for her to check out https://www.grammar-monster.com/plurals/plural_of_crisis.htm?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think this not mentioning Meghan's constant mispronunciations and improper word usage is either a case of The Emperor Wears No Clothes or one of giving someone enough rope to hang themselves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

What was Meghan criticizing Joy for? Her ",,,by the way, the point about ballot, balloting you just said, Joy, that's not accurate.  Arizona has voted red every election since 1953...over 70% of Arizonans vote in by absentee ballot or by mail.  So it's just, it's, all of this is just trafficking in complete and utter inaccuracies and falsehoods.  And I for one, it's Thursday, it's been a long week, and I have no time for this". 

It is literally her fucking job to have time for this. If she is unable or unwilling to do that then they need to replace her with someone who will have time for this.

I'm still confused what Meghan was trying to say in response to Joy.  Doesn't the fact that most people in Arizona vote by  mail and they consistently vote Republican dispute the fact that there is tampering to make Democrats win?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
(edited)

“Political analysts like me.”  Ok, Meg.

More pay for CA teachers, Whoopi?  I guess she wasn’t listening when the gov was talking about municipalities having to lay off employees because of budget cuts. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

How scintillating ... Gaven Newsom being "drilled" by Missy from prepared notes, machine-gun style.  Give.me.a.break!!  She's beyond pathetic.

Yeah, I’m sure that dig that her CA friends are happier with the reopening policy than her NY friends is a veiled complaint about not being able to shop for a crib.  But that sneer about laying off employees?  For a political analyst Meg doesn’t understand how city vs state budgets work. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
(edited)

Meghan spots inauthenticity everytime she looks in the mirror, she just doesn't recognize it.  

Sunny dragged Meghan just a little bit. Think she noticed?

Edited by rollacoaster
Edits for clarity
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan is the only person who calls her a political analyst.  Just because she analyzes politics doesn't make her an actual political analyst.  She is a View co host. Ana Navarro is a political analyst. She has worked for campaigns and is paid by other outlets to analyze politics.   My boss likes to play tennis. Is he a tennis player? No he is a business owner who likes to play tennis.

• Love 23
(edited)

I knew today's show would feel especially dated, and then I was thinking - if this is a news show, run by the news division, shouldn't it be live every day?  What other program covering the news tapes their show a day ahead of time? 

Talk shows pre-tape their shows, and that's really what The View is, no matter what they call it.  I wish they'd just admit it, and then we wouldn't be subjected to seemingly endless multi-segment interviews (which rarely even happens on the news channels) with politician after politician after politician.  Even interviews with politicians I like I rarely find interesting.  

Meghan - "a huge point margin of senior citizens".  I guess she couldn't find the number in her notes, so she just threw "huge" in there.

And then she brings up opening up the economy and says, "which we all agree with".  I don't think the other hosts are in agreement with her about when and how it should happen, though.

53 minutes ago, Haleth said:

In name only, though, right?  If there were actual qualifications and testing before you could call yourself that, she wouldn't pass.

So Meghan's being "authentic".  Okay.  Authentically inarticulate, authentically untalented, authentically rude.  She obviously sees no room for improvement, because, to her, that likely equals inauthenticity.  What you see is what you get, I guess, and is in line with her refusal to do a chemistry test before she joined the show.

It's all a facade, though, people displaying this much bravado, and they're not fooling everybody.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

It's all a facade, though, people displaying this much bravado, and they're not fooling everybody.

If you have to try to make people think you are something you really aren't that something.  

• Love 8
23 hours ago, lusinia said:

And I for one, it's Thursday, it's been a long week, and I have no time for this". 

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

It is literally her fucking job to have time for this. If she is unable or unwilling to do that then they need to replace her with someone who will have time for this.

image.png.191162b2d35ba43d0405b66e34b34b60.png

Remember this gem?  When she said this to Joy?  Hey Megamouth, you're supposed to be a tough, bad ass chick, remember?

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Talk shows pre-tape their shows, and that's really what The View is, no matter what they call it.  I wish they'd just admit it, and then we wouldn't be subjected to seemingly endless multi-segment interviews (which rarely even happens on the news channels) with politician after politician after politician.  Even interviews with politicians I like I rarely find interesting.  

I like that they aren’t rushing thru interviews and trying to squeeze in several guests. Of course the distant broadcasting issues prevent any kind of organic flow to the conversation, but I do like that there is time to discuss a number of topics with guests. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I like that they aren’t rushing thru interviews and trying to squeeze in several guests

I like the longer interviews, too.  I just wish they gave that kind of time to the more interesting guests, and not politicians, who tend to stick to their talking points.   

• Love 5