Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: One-ton Family LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Together weighing more than a ton, siblings Roshanda, Brandie and Clarence set out to lose weight as a family. But the all-for-one approach may be hurting more than it helps when each of them shows signs of heading in the wrong direction after surgery. 

Ah, the one ton family.  One ton of fun!  Or maybe not.  When we last left our hapless crew Roshanda was in no mood to be compliant.  Clarence and Brandie had put aside their pizza hoovering ways, but were having issues.  And most Pounders were considering nap time more scintillating than the episode.  Can the one-ton family continue to lose weight? Will they backslide? Will Roshanda make a big move from the chair to the couch?  Will the couch survive? These and more questions will be answered in One-ton Family Where Are They Now.  

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing.  Come for the show. Stay for the snark!

If you are not on the US West Coast, you may be be able to view the show on TLC.com by signing in through your cable provider. 

Original air date 2020.05.20

• Love 2

My eating habit tonight is an IV bag filled with coffee so I can make it until 9:00 when this inevitable snooze fest ends.

Hello friends. I hope this is a more successful episode then we have seen in the past couple of weeks. I need a pick me up!

My eating habit tonight was an asparagus omelet. Very tasty!

• Love 6

Hello! My eating habit is some small potatoes in butter like I saw Gordon Ramsay make the other day, 2 chicken sausage things, and a side salad. Thinking about some ice cream for later.

• Love 3

Hi all.  Need a good laugh tonight.  Broke my hip last week in a nasty fall while running and had to have emergency hip replacement surgery Friday.  I'm out of running & biking for a while.  Make me chuckle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Good evening Pounders! I keep missing these so I'm glad I'm actually one time. My eating habit was a beef patty and side salad with a mixed berry cup for dessert. Because if I kept eating at the rate I was I'd be on this in a couple of seasons. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Lillith said:

Good evening Pounders! I keep missing these so I'm glad I'm actually one time. My eating habit was a beef patty and side salad with a mixed berry cup for dessert. Because if I kept eating at the rate I was I'd be on this in a couple of seasons. 

Join the club!  I watch mostly so I keep myself from becoming a poundticipant.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hi all! I never watched much of the one-ton family; I'm just here for you all. Eating habit was mashed potatoes and creamed corn with lots of butter and salt and pepper...pure carby comfort food (I intended to add chicken but I'm lazy tonight). Now I have have hot cocoa. (Made with Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder, though I got two packages from Target today and one of them should contain four boxes of their Archer Farms dark chocolate hot cocoa mix, which I ran out of weeks ago, but I haven't opened them yet. Corona paranoia means they will sit by my door until at least tomorrow night. I was at least slightly amused that hot cocoa mix was tagged as a "high demand" item that "may be unavailable or delayed" on their website. Good to know it's not just me.) And two Pepperidge Farm Brussels cookies that taste ever-so-slightly of mint because the container they are in previously held Thin Mints.

2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Hello. I'm eating a peanut butter cup.

I don't know why this sentence amused me so much, but it did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

LOL ... I was expecting these folks to be the One-ton Family who had their own show. 

I barely remember this family.

1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Hi all.  Need a good laugh tonight.  Broke my hip last week in a nasty fall while running and had to have emergency hip replacement surgery Friday.  I'm out of running & biking for a while.  Make me chuckle.

Oh no! How awful! I hope you feel better soon. Just what you not need in today's world 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

"No doctor will help us." Did you try putting the fork down? Just a thought. (hey, someone's gotta start the snark)

I don’t think we’ve ever seen a poundticipant who tried that.  It’s the magic surgery that will make the urge to eat disappear.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I love how everyone has to "quit the program" to go do other things. I mean, it's not like a PhD program or anything! It's only FOOD. You can still be on a diet and do EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO DO.

Hi All!

I remember Roshonda screeching like a deranged banshee, but that's about it.  And I remember that the brother decided to go do it his own way at the end...

Eating habit today will be split pea soup after it finishes cooking, I am munching on a pear for now (I *love* pears).  I had spaghetti with puttanesca sauce for lunch.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Yo, yo, yo my Pounder Pretties! Since tonight is the Grand Finale of The Masked Singer, I will miss most of the first hour of this shit show episode. 😢 Take good notes since I read some interesting tid bits--no spoilers from me--about tonight, so it should be EPIC! See you in a few....... 😇

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I know 3 people who've had hip surgery over the past 5 years or so. They all did well, including one who is extremely obese. I hope you heal quickly.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Spinach salad with Tyson Seasoned Chicken. 1861 calories today, the potato chip calories these people eat BEFORE breakfast.

I am having no sympathy and giving no fucks about self destructive people today.

Smoosh on over on that no fucks couch, I'll join you. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Oh no! How awful! I hope you feel better soon. Just what you not need in today's world 

I was surprised I didn't land in a pile of dog poop as I hit the ground.  Would have made the entire scene complete.  I was 45 seconds from the finish line of my house.  Tripped over a curb like a moron.

4 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Ouch! Hope you heal quickly!

My dad got a new hip in February (though his wasn't broken, just...old). Not fun but he's almost done with PT and expects to be able to play golf soon (whether there will be golf to play is a different question).

• Love 1
Just now, Hellga said:

Hi All!

I remember Roshonda screeching like a deranged banshee, but that's about it.  And I remember that the brother decided to go do it his own way at the end...

Eating habit today will be split pea soup after it finishes cooking, I am munching on a pear for now (I *love* pears).  I had spaghetti with puttanesca sauce for lunch.  

I even bought split peas after you mentioned it a week (or two?) ago.  Now I must actually make the soup.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

"No doctor will help us." Did you try putting the fork down? Just a thought. (hey, someone's gotta start the snark)

Of course it appears that most of them just cram the food in their mouths via their hands.  Forks be damned!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I love how everyone has to "quit the program" to go do other things. I mean, it's not like a PhD program or anything! It's only FOOD. You can still be on a diet and do EVERYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO DO.

In business, they say people left to peruse other projects when they mean they were fired.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, ams1001 said:

Ouch! Hope you heal quickly!

My dad got a new hip in February (though his wasn't broken, just...old). Not fun but he's almost done with PT and expects to be able to play golf soon (whether there will be golf to play is a different question).

Ams1001, trust me on this!  I've seen more people on the golf course in my Mother's city since the pandemic began.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

So sorry.  Speedy recovery to you! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

In business, they say people left to peruse other projects when they mean they were fired.

Or the ever popular "He left to spend more time with his family."  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

(whether there will be golf to play is a different question).

NH opened the courses last Monday.  I have been rejoicing as the husband heads off and leaves me four whole hour of me time!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Mr. UMGOBLUE just walked by asked if Brandie was the screamer! 😂😂
Brandie should be embarrassed that he remembered that.  He doesn't watch this with me.  Actually he and my daughter spend a 8 minutes each week mimicking their voices and scripts before they fall out in laughter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3