Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: One-ton Family LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

TLC has a requirement that all Poundticipants be seated for 85% of the show. 

It's what makes it so RIVETING.

Because they're riveted to the couch?

image.png.6d3b68f3662911ffbb5af9032a02c287.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

When Clarence mentioned his erection, I thought it still doesn't matter if he's sporting wood all the time.  It's not going to extend past his gut until he drops at least another 150.  That is unless there's something really special about Clarence.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4

My mother used to make split pea and ham soup regularly and froze half of it.  I’m the only one who likes it in my house, but it never survives long enough to freeze.  For me it’s a binge-worthy food which is why I don’t have the split peas in the house very often.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Whoa, I just tuned back during a commercial break. Did I just hear Clarence say he almost got an erection!?😮 Can't decide if I want you all to tell me if that's true or not, tee hee!😁

Drat, I was putting up the Milano cookies, and I missed that remark, but I am sure it will provide some good snark.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When Clarence mentioned his erection, I thought it still doesn't matter if he's sporting wood all the time.  It's not going to extend past his gut until he drops at least another 150.  That is unless there's something really special about Clarence.

That is a truly scary thought.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I wish that chick (I can't worry about any of their names) would smile and be grateful for getting the surgery. I assume she cares, but she just isn't showing it.

I've gone in with makeup and all, but that's some hair for the hospital. I like a simpler look, but I give her props nonetheless.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really hope they do an ENTIRE season in more of the cinema verite mode. I think it could be compelling. NO voiceover, just real time audio of what’s happening and what’s actually said in the moment. This format is getting wayyyy too tired now. 

Edited by Scratches19
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

giphy.gif

(edited)

Awww shit my favorite, The Frog (I think it's Lil Bow Wow), is gone but I had already guessed that the winner would be Night Angel (Candy Burris?). We'll see............

Back to this show, from all of your notes, this episode is firing on all cylinders! 😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I was surprised I didn't land in a pile of dog poop as I hit the ground.  Would have made the entire scene complete.  I was 45 seconds from the finish line of my house.  Tripped over a curb like a moron.

We could be related possibly. I've broken two bones two separate times doing just that. Fun times. Luckily so far I haven't gotten my hip. I'm counting down the days.

22 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

"I worked so hard for this." 

Man, if this awful show ever comes back next season, they need to permanently retire that phrase.

It's a standard thought pattern that "I felt bad about not following the diet" translates to "I worked so hard". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Scratches19 said:

I really hope they do an ENTIRE season in more of the cinema verite mode. I think it could be compelling. NO voiceover, just real time audio of what’s happening and what’s actually said in the moment. This format is getting wayyyy too tired now. 

This is an excellent idea. 

But it's TLC. It'll never happen and, likely, only get worse.

(edited)

Thank heavens!   Hunky transport guys.   I never saw six men run out a patient's door so fast after delivering Roshonda to rehab.    Poor Tim the rehab guy, he's with a lost cause with Roshonda. 

Years ago, I had to student teach, and they only had two songs they played at lunch (it was a student DJ) and one was "Bertha Butt Boogie" and they only played it about the time someone about Roshonda's size walked across the room.    They could play that on this show for soundtrack. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Scratches19 said:

And fire the music coordinator. Let’s kick this thing up a notch and drop the funeral parlor soundtrack. 

On You Tube somebody has rescored scenes from this show with a tuba.

Edited by Concerned
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
Just now, Scratches19 said:

And fire the music coordinator. Let’s kick this thing up a notch and drop the funeral parlor soundtrack. 

TLC is too cheap for real music. They should play Short Fat Fanny and I Like Big Butts

• LOL 6

Oh, hi Hot Rehab Therapist! Thank you for showing up as you are the highlight of the show.

2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Maybe he just needs better access! 

All of this weight loss means no need for the butt wipe toilet paper handle contraption (which he doesn't seem to need) or for whatever specially made apparatus is required to service yourself when you peter doesn't extend past your incredible girth...

There is no partner involved in this, PPA!!!😂😂

• LOL 2

I'm thinking - many of the obesees say, "I can't make it without my family's support." But if you look at it, they got to be 600 lbs + with their family's support. Maybe they should try being on their own for awhile, or at least with non-family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Awww shit my favorite, The Frog (I think it's Lil Bow Wow), is gone but I had already guessed that the winner would be Night Angel (Shelley Burris?). We'll see............

Back to this show, from all of your notes, this episode is firing on all cylinders! 😊

Lil Bow Wow, thank you for confirming I ain't missin' much. 😴

1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Hooray for Tim, the PT.  Maybe we'll have some life in this show.

Honestly, Tim could just stand there and read the phone book for the next hour and I'd be happy. 

This family is like trazodone in human form.