Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E20: One-ton Family LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Good evening pounders!!

Off work in time for live chat. Yay! I’ll either snooze or snark. Let’s see which. 

My eating habit tonight is a Hail Mary recipe made up of what’s on hand and aging. Taco beef Fritata with mushrooms and cheese. Maybe. 

In the meantime it’s a rum and diet sodie and bel vita blueberry. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can't believe Roshonda really is working to get surgery.    I'm hoping for a really fun caterwalling out of her.    

Clarence is just about the only one that went home to do his own program, and did get surgery.     

I hope Brandie keeps going ahead.   I'm so proud of her, and Clarence too.  

They have a sense of humor about as, with Trintellix commercials.   

Oh no, Clarence gained 10 lbs.    That trip home was a mistake.    And Brandie gained even more.   Roshonda's weigh in, is even worse with a 20+ weight gain.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

Hola! 

Sitting here scrambling some eggs (pancake dinner plans were a bust, "just add water" mix sucks!) And heard a dang dinosaur roar coming out of my phone lol. 

lol...well, now I have to share the dinosaur I encountered when I took a walk at lunch yesterday. He didn't roar at me, though. 😛 

dinosaur walk.jpg

• Love 10

Well, hello to my peeps.  I am a bit late to the snark as I was cleaning up after our eating habit which tonight was baby carrots, buttered asparagus and chicken tetrazinni from a local grocery.   I am now indulging in some flavor of jello and a lot of milano dark chocolate cookies. 

We just got a detailed letter from our priest about outside Masses beginning on Pentecost, but we will be continuing to watch the it online due to our age.  

Should I remember the people on the show  tonight?

• Love 2

If I remember, this family was not only grim, depressing and without actual dinnerware, but looked exceptionally ungroomed and ashy. Even the one with the fancy eye shadow looked ashy as Hell.  I wanted to send them a bucket of Crisco.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Hi all.  Need a good laugh tonight.  Broke my hip last week in a nasty fall while running and had to have emergency hip replacement surgery Friday.  I'm out of running & biking for a while.  Make me chuckle.

So sorry to hear that FormerHeavyJ. 😢 Reaching out to you with a cyber tickle to make you chuckle. 😁

Better yet, say something truly outrageous like you normally do and earn your gasoline soaked drawers award for tonight! 😆

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Or the ever popular "He left to spend more time with his family."  

When our Sr. VP left with almost no notice (we weren't told until she was gone), they tried to claim she decided the commute was too much.  This was before the pandemic but she still could have worked from home 4 days a week. Other execs do, so yeah, no, that's not why she left.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Scratches19 said:

My eating habit tonight is a Hail Mary recipe made up of what’s on hand and aging. Taco beef Fritata with mushrooms and cheese. Maybe. 

I made a "clean out the refrigerator" frittata the other day. Leek, potato, spinach, prosciutto and spinach. I think I put a little too much tarragon in though. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Ams1001, trust me on this!  I've seen more people on the golf course in my Mother's city since the pandemic began.

Actually he mentioned that the county courses were opening but only 9 holes (so more people can play with distancing rules). And one person per cart unless they are family.

3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

I even bought split peas after you mentioned it a week (or two?) ago.  Now I must actually make the soup.

It's one of my go-to soups.  I must warn you it's an escape artist among soups.  I heard a suspicious sound but decided to wait for a commercial break... bad decision, it spilled over 15 seconds later so I still had to get up - and spend way more time cleaning than merely lifting the lid and turning the fire down would have...

2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Ams1001, trust me on this!  I've seen more people on the golf course in my Mother's city since the pandemic began.

I was at the state park on the Hudson river on Saturday and I have never, ever seen as many people in there unless there was an event.  Now that people have nowhere else to go, everyone goes to the park...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

They had their own special Tons O' Fun series.

I think that was another family. I think this was the "audition" family for the series, they didn't cut it, and TLC found other people.

13 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Hi all.  Need a good laugh tonight.  Broke my hip last week in a nasty fall while running and had to have emergency hip replacement surgery Friday.  I'm out of running & biking for a while.  Make me chuckle.

Didja hear the one about the Pope, the Rabbi, the Gay Pride Cheerleader, and the Delusional Politician ?  LOLOLOLOLOL 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Late to the party I don't remember these people 

Probably just as well. The only thing I remember is that Roshonda has a penchant for hurling herself across the bed and caterwauling like a wounded camel. 

2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When our Sr. VP left with almost no notice (we weren't told until she was gone), they tried to claim she decided the commute was too much.  This was before the pandemic but she still could have worked from home 4 days a week. Other execs do, so yeah, no, that's not why she left.

This baffles me. Who do they think they're fooling? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

"I worked so hard for this." 

Man, if this awful show ever comes back next season, they need to permanently retire that phrase.

I don’t know why the two who got  weight losd surgery keep saying that the other one needs to get weight loss surgery when it obviously is not working for the two who already got it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don't post on here much, but I have enjoyed the live chat for years. Next week is going to be the Assanti brothers, and I am going to give that a hard pass. This has been a pretty depressing season, so I doubt I will be around for the next season, if there is one. I just wanted to thank you for the laughs and the camaraderie. It has been a great ride. I come away from this always saying "fraaahed" whenever the word "fried" comes up. What a legacy! Thanks again.

• Love 20
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

"I worked so hard for this." 

Man, if this awful show ever comes back next season, they need to permanently retire that phrase.

Right? Production needs to throw us a bone and hire some new writers. 

Brandie is BAKED.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

I can't figure out who I find more unsettling, Roshanda with her miserable scowl and averted eyes, or Brandy with her weird smile and also averted eyes. And Clarence has no expression at all. 

Edited by Lillith
Spelling
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Oh, Roshanda, blaze orange is not your color.

Clarence's neon red and blue isn't much better either.  

2 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Holy crap it's The Great Pumpkin!!!  

😆

2 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Cassandra in the house!!!!

As usual, my back was to the TV, but I turned around in time to hear "Are you going to strip?" I thought it was Cassandra, but whoever it was had stopped talking by time I turned around. Was Cassandra? 

• Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? Production needs to throw us a bone and hire some new writers. 

Brandie is BAKED.

She just slouches in the chair with that weird smile.  

• Love 6

Roshonda doesn't even look at Dr. Now in the office does she.    

If Brandie dumped the piercings, and Roshonda dumped the fake hair, then they would both lose a lot of weight that way.    I can't believe they lost 600 lbs.

Oh no!   I didn't need to hear that about Clarence's sexual issues.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

That is too cute 🤣

The next sidewalk square had a sun and then the next had flowers (which I suspect were drawn by an adult). Later I came upon a hopscotch board down the other end of the complex). Also a cat in a stroller who answered when I said hello. 🙂

Did...did I hear something about an erection? Please tell me I heard wrong.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

All I heard was, "I almost got an erection."

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SUPPLY SOME CONTEXT FOR THIS.