Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia

• Start Topic

Dottie faces an unexpected challenge to her weight-loss when her husband's drinking problem becomes intolerable for her and her son. Cynthia starts to wonder if being there for her kids at her current weight is more important than losing more.

Cynthia is a single mom of 5 (including her own little Cinderella) and a teacher, who proclaimed proudly:  "I don't agree with Dr Now. I DON'T NEED NO THERAPY!!!"; "I don't have no emotional triggers. I have no food addiction. I just love to eat'; "I am going to stop living up to other people's expectations, including Dr Now's." Let's see how her sleeve is holding up.

Dottie is back for Where Are They Now #3.  When last we saw her, she was extremely depressed which was exacerbated by the death of her disabled son.  Somehow she shared an episode with Sean and they were in an epic battle for most depressed poundticipant.  

This is the regular episode thread.  It will open after the US East Coast showing.

Original air date 2020.05.06.

• Love 2

Two delusional quitters. Losing weight is hard work and neither wanted to work hard. Dottie only wanted to stuff her face, chain smoke and nail herself to a cross. Her son is on a fast track to join Penny’s Liam and Pauline’s Dilly.

in the recent movie It, the character Eddy has a fat, domineering mom and eventually marries a fat domineering wife. The same actress plays both characters.

Cynthia was one of the many who knew their body better than the doctor, didn’t need therapy, and wanted to do things her own way. 

• Love 12

I can't believe I completely forgot it was M6PL night and missed the live chat. All the days are starting to melt into one, and I'm losing track. Or my mind. Or both. My eating habit was roast chicken, mac & cheese made with smoked Gouda, and steamed broccoli. Oh, and wine. Must have wine. 

Does Dottie still have her enormous butt wings (those things needed their own zip code)? And does Cynthia still think she knows more than Dr. Now, the nutritionists, the therapists, etc., and therefore is still half the size of a house?

I think the poundticipants have finally worn out my last nerve. Not the last good one, but the last one period. I would love a success story. Or at least something that approaches success. This has been a dismal season so far.

On a happier note, I have a hair appointment on the 20th. I no longer leave the house without a baseball cap to cover my roots. I alternate between two caps -- one says "Wineaux," the other says DIVA-Diving Into Vino Again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Does Dottie still have her enormous butt wings (those things needed their own zip code)? And does Cynthia still think she knows more than Dr. Now, the nutritionists, the therapists, etc., and therefore is still half the size of a house?

Yes.

• Love 4
(edited)

I forgot about this glorious shit show, my mom is in hospital and I am not allowed to see her because of COVID restrictions. I need the snark. At least this is stopping me from eating a family sized bag of chips.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
(edited)

Didn't think I could dislike Miss Cynthia more than when I saw her original show. I was wrong.

Damn she checked off all the boxes when it comes to rudeness during her infuriating conversations with Dr. Now. Let's see arms folded defensively, pursed lips, multiple eye rolls and shaking of her head, condescending tone, even more than a little bit of gaslighting. I especially hate how she felt that she just had to prove Dr. Now wrong by portraying a significant weight gain as "success" after failing to meet her weight loss goals.

What an unpleasant, I-know-every-goddamn-thang obnoxious bitch.

Interesting that she said that she was going to discuss whether or not she would be staying in Dr. Now's program with her children and then, of course, came to the conclusion that she should quit. I say interesting because we never got to see that conversation. What a sleazy way to quit the program involving her children when she knew that she just didn't have the discipline to stick with her diet AND that that's what she wanted to do all along. Ugh.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 22
49 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Didn't think I could dislike Miss Cynthia more than when I saw her original show. I was wrong.

Damn she checked off all the boxes when it comes to rudeness during her infuriating conversations with Dr. Now. Let's see arms folded defensively, pursed lips, multiple eye rolls and shaking of her head, condescending tone, even more than a little bit of gaslighting. I especially hate how she felt that she just had to prove Dr. Now wrong by portraying a significant weight gain as "success" after failing to meet her weight loss goals.

Interesting that she said that she was going to discuss whether or not she would be staying in Dr. Now's program with her children and then, of course, came to the conclusion that she should quit. I say interesting because we never got to see that conversation. What a sleazy way to quit the program involving her children when she knew that she just didn't have the discipline to stick with her diet AND that that's what she wanted to do all along. Ugh.

Ugh. I can't stand her. I ended up hating her at the end of her episode, and I still hate her. She uses those children as an excuse for everything, and it's not fair. Her children asked her to stay in the program, but she's still eating fast food and lying about her issues. She needs therapy badly, but whatever she's hiding that she doesn't want to talk about must be terrible for her 

Dottie...the less said about her, the better. Like Cynthia, there's an excuse for everything, and none of it is her fault. 

• Love 21

OMG, how could I forget............ she neither needs nor wants therapy! Dear Cynthia, yes one can pack on the pounds without having some serious underlying issues. But, dare I say, no one gets to be 610 pounds unless they have "issues." What's really galling is that she saw this as strength when it was the complete opposite. Pathetic.

• Love 10

Dottie gained 26 pounds in a month? And saying she's still doing "good"? These folks are delusional. Dr. Now is a better person than me because he really tries to get through to them. 

• Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Ugh. I can't stand her. I ended up hating her at the end of her episode, and I still hate her. She uses those children as an excuse for everything, and it's not fair. Her children asked her to stay in the program, but she's still eating fast food and lying about her issues. She needs therapy badly, but whatever she's hiding that she doesn't want to talk about must be terrible for her 

Dottie...the less said about her, the better. Like Cynthia, there's an excuse for everything, and none of it is her fault. 

Hahaha Ivylady, I was posting about Cynthia's not wanting therapy while you were posting the above comment so we must be cyber-psychic friends!😊 You make a great point about why she is so adamantly against therapy. It also explains her haughty, arrogant demeanor which she wears like a shield.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Effing Autocorrect!
  • Love 3

Now Dottie couldn't stay in Houston because of her son, but she left him with friends for a few days to "clear her mind"? And she's smoking again (I never believed she stopped) and overeating. It's a mess. 

I feel for Landon because she's smothering him. 

• Love 13

I weigh 113 lbs, and I figure Cynthia is carrying at least that much  just in her mid section. I find it mind-boggling that anyone could walk as far as she did through the airport basically with me wrapped around her waist. 

Dottie spent so much time complaining about how 'unfair' it was that Dr. Now wanted her to stay in hospital to heal her serious wounds. Mr. Sempervivum and I kept interjecting 'So leave! Haul that giant saggy ass out of there!'

They both sure showed Dr. Now, didn't they!

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Dottie gained 26 pounds in a month? And saying she's still doing "good"? These folks are delusional. Dr. Now is a better person than me because he really tries to get through to them. 

Holy shit Ivylady I'm watching this episode again right now and Dottie actually gained 40 pounds in two weeks!!!!!😮 He said that she was in a hospital setting to undo some kind of damage.

I missed most of the first hour watching The Masked Singer so do you or anyone else here know what kind of damage he was talking about? He said that she was not at his clinic and was ordering in food which that facility couldn't stop.

Heh heh, the nurses were recording her behavior and told Dr. Now. Of course she stone cold lied to his face and, SURPRISE, it just wasn't fair and she really didn't order that much and blah, blah, blah.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ivylady said:

Now Dottie couldn't stay in Houston because of her son, but she left him with friends for a few days to "clear her mind"? And she's smoking again (I never believed she stopped) and overeating. It's a mess. 

I feel for Landon because she's smothering him. 

Guess I must watch this.  Poor little guy, she neglected him when her disabled son was alive, to the point where he was barely verbal  at 2 or 3 years old.
I was wondering about him, but was too distracted about all the shit going on, to watch.
Maybe I'll watch some of it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Holy shit Ivylady I'm watching this episode again right now and Dottie actually gained 40 pounds in two weeks!!!!!😮 He said that she was in a hospital setting to undo some kind of damage.

I missed most of the first hour watching The Masked Singer so do you or anyone else here know what kind of damage he was talking about? He said that she was not at his clinic and was ordering in food which that facility couldn't stop.

Heh heh, the nurses were recording her behavior and told Dr. Now. Of course she stone cold lied to his face and, SURPRISE, it just wasn't fair and she really didn't order that much and blah, blah, blah.

It had something to do with the skin removal surgery she had on her stomach. Infection, maybe.  And, because she  continued to smoke, she wasn't healing properly. 

No matter what the addiction is, addicts are gonna addict.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Dottie spent so much time complaining about how 'unfair' it was that Dr. Now wanted her to stay in hospital to heal her serious wounds. Mr. Sempervivum and I kept interjecting 'So leave! Haul that giant saggy ass out of there!'

Don't forget, she's doing ALL of this for Landon.  Dr. Now's give-a-shitter is clearly long gone.

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Just a sad episode. Cynthia seems to have super kids. Imagine how smelly her room must be though. All those people eating on unwashed sheets. Gross. And Dottie's life, just so sad. Wonder if she's back with Chris. No money, no education, no skills. Sad.

• Love 5

I know that they're all given meal plans and diet information that we don’t see and they don’t choose to follow, but I always wonder how it’s possible that they actual believe that fast food is their only option (because they’re all just sooooooooooo busy, even though none of them have jobs). Again, I know they are all delusional, because you don’t hit 600 pounds if you are honest with yourself, but seriously, haven’t any of these people ever heard of a rotisserie chicken? You can grab one at any supermarket!!! As much as I love this show, I can’t handle how many salty people they’ve had on of late.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

She even said her daughter was disappointed in the decision but then later she understood that this was best for all of them. RIGHT. “I need to be there for my kids.” How the hell does sticking to an eating plan mean you’re not there for your kids? She’s an excuse factory laden with defensive attitude. When smugly bragged to Lola that “I don’t ask for help,” I just wanted to scream and I’ll bet Lola did, too  

Dottie drove me equally crazy for different reasons. That poor little boy.

i know Chris wasn’t Daniel’s bio-dad but maybe he was grieving also. That whole family was a sad mess and Dottie was right to suggest family counseling. But given how she didn’t stick with Lola or take her advice, I’m sure that would fail. I didn’t like the way her motel friend was telling her she needed to work things out with Chris, but then again she wasn’t wrong to say, “It’s not all him, I’m just sayin’.”

Both of these women seem doomed by their own blindness. I should feel sorry for them but somehow this week I’ve run out of compassion. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Dottie drove me equally crazy for different reasons. That poor little boy.

Both of these women seem doomed by their own blindness. I should feel sorry for them but somehow this week I’ve run out of compassion. 

Some people just should not breed!!

I continue to watch the show for two reasons. The first is the people on this forum.  They are funny, they articulate, and they are compassionate (when it is deserved).

The two people featured on the show were a bit much to take. For me, especially, Cynthia,  because she was so snide about everything.  And because she’s basically raising five children on fast food because that is her drug of choice  – fast food. Which brings me to the second reason I watch the show. I have struggled with food addiction all my life and this show keeps me honest. The success stories keep me going on the path and people like these  keep me going for a different reason.  It is one thing when you bullshit other people but when you’ve totally deluded yourself, all hope is lost.  People like these two make me see immediately when I start to rationalize BEFORE I act!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 21
25 minutes ago, Kid said:

Which brings me to the second reason I watch the show. I have struggled with food addiction all my life and this show keeps me honest. The success stories keep me going on the path and people like these to keep me going for a different reason.  It is one thing when you bullshit other people but when you’ve totally deluded yourself, all hope is lost.  People like these two make me see immediately when I start to rationalize BEFORE I act!

Preach. I'm a recovering drunk, and have also gone a few rounds with compulsive eating and other compulsive/addictive behaviors. I watch this show and see addiction in action and hear addiction talking. That talk was loud and clear from both Dottie and Cynthia in this episode, and man is it crazy, and ugly. And, sad. A dose of this show is good for my attitude, and as you said, my self-awareness. My struggle right now is with some bad eating habits; at least I'm struggling and not living in happy delusion. 

• Love 21
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Preach. I'm a recovering drunk, and have also gone a few rounds with compulsive eating and other compulsive/addictive behaviors. I watch this show and see addiction in action and hear addiction talking. That talk was loud and clear from both Dottie and Cynthia in this episode, and man is it crazy, and ugly. And, sad. A dose of this show is good for my attitude, and as you said, my self-awareness. My struggle right now is with some bad eating habits; at least I'm struggling and not living in happy delusion. 

But don’t you miss the days of living in happy delusion??😂😂😂😂

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 3

Gee another 2 who wasted the opportunity given by Dr. Now. Color me NOT shocked. And I absolutely love when I hear "I was such and such weight last time I was here SO I should be down at least twenty pounds this time" then when the scale shows they've gained, they're stunned. "I don't understand how that happened, I've been trying really hard" uh...that giant soft taco/wrap thing globbed in mayo or ranch dressing, isn't screaming low calorie. 

And I agree with the other posters about Cynthia's nasty attitude and horrible treatment of Dr. Now. Talk about ungrateful!  I can understand the part about running kids to different sports and activities, so fast food being an option some of the time, but it's not hard making sandwiches at home. But unfortunately, all she's doing is making sure they end up just like her. SAD!

• Love 12

Oh God this was horrible. Both of them: my kids are my priority, I need to be there for my kids.

The thing is, when you are dead from obesity related diseases, you are not there for your kids. Cynthia and Dottie, Dr. Now explained you are on your way back to being 600 pounds. Being there for your kids doesn't mean you have to stuff your face. You are NOT at a healthy weight now at all. Cynthia thinks she is skinny? and now she is steadily gaining. But the kids!

Dottie, if she says one more time "Landon is my priority" UGH! again you can't stick to the diet because he is your priority? She uses him for her excuses. If the husband was drinking and getting mean, he needs to dry out. I think that whole leaving him thing was for the cameras. I think as soon as the cameras are gone she will go back to him.

That poor sweet kid. Hopeless episode. Let's not see either one of the again, please, I beg you.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

The thing is, when you are dead from obesity related diseases, you are not there for your kids. Cynthia and Dottie, Dr. Now explained you are on your way back to being 600 pounds. Being there for your kids doesn't mean you have to stuff your face. You are NOT at a healthy weight now at all. Cynthia thinks she is skinny? and now she is steadily gaining. But the kids!

The worst is when they acknowledge that they know this is killing them. "But my kids!"

Yeah, your kids will miss you when you're gone. And for at least some of them, your death will be the catalyst for their own episode in the reboot 20 years from now.

• Love 3

Cynthia frustrated me far more than Dottie. She's far more educated than the average person on this show, and has a better job. Hell she's got a job! The excuse with the kids made me want to punch something. She's got five teens/pre-teens who all seem like functional, decent kids. They can't help with shopping, prep and cooking? And they can't help clean that dirty house? She'd thrown all of that on her daughter before, why can't the boys help.  They need to learn all of that to be functional adults anyway. And the attitude! Even when it wasn't working! I have a friend like that, super morbidly obese and knows she needs to lose weight but is so stubborn and will NOT consider therapy. I think if she opens up the house of cards will crumble. 

I cut Dottie a bit more slack because of the role as a caregiver and then the tragic death of her son, and having a drunk for a husband. But I really think she's a profesional victim. 

I know Lola isn't popular but I thought she gave both of them sound advice this episode. And I loved both of her wigs! 

Also whatever their major (and I mean major) issues are, they also brought up the aversion so many have in this country toward dealing with mental health issues. It's viewed as a weakness rather than an issue to be dealth with. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

The worst is when they acknowledge that they know this is killing them. "But my kids!"

Yeah, your kids will miss you when you're gone. And for at least some of them, your death will be the catalyst for their own episode in the reboot 20 years from now.

And they may believe it’s their fault mom failed. That’s what really fries me.

Cynthia acts like she feels so great and life is wonderful but it still looks like she walks with great difficulty. She probably does get really tired just from living, but does she really not understand or care that she could get so much healthier, mobile, and more energetic? And fit in one airplane seat? At least Dottie still kind of knows she’s in bad shape. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wonder if sometimes the camera crew are silently trying to figure out if they could just take the kids home with them, not bring them back and get way with it.

If you ever watched Toddlers & Tiaras, the cameramen would chase crying little girls through hotels to capture images of their pain so TLC obviously hires cameramen with no soul.

In Dottie’s case she is imprinting on Landon the importance of loving his momma so he won’t rebel when told to clean Dottie’s private parts after a bowel movement as Dilly and several others are required to do.

(edited)

Cynthia is the one that had the giant fast food breakfast on the way to work (some kind of teacher), and then had a regular size pizza or two delivered to school right after she arrived.  

I read an update, and it said that Dottie posted on Chris's FB, about November and said she was still separated.   

I find it criminal that Dottie is treating her four year old son as if he's her severely disabled 13 year son that died.    The way she hauled him out of his own bed, just to watch TV with her was absurd.    And the way she kept saying that Landon had to stay with her friend for a month, but yet couldn't be away from her was bizarre.    Her husband may drink too much, but Dottie's chain smoking, and over eating almost killed her, so she's no better.  The reason Dottie was in the rehab for so long after skin removal was that she overate, gained a lot, and hurt her wounds. Here's the article with the update, don't know how accurate it is, and it doesn't have anything recent: 

https://www.distractify.com/p/dottie-my-600-lb-life-now

Yes, Dottie is another one suing.    I don't think that Cynthia, or Dottie should have been given another chance.   Dottie has always lied to Dr. Now, and been a total train wreck.   Cynthia never wants to get below 300, she just wants to lose enough to get the skin surgeries she wants.    I suspect that Cynthia really is done this time.   Dottie in my opinion, only is suing for the cash she might get, and so she can get a home, sit on her fanny, and eat and smoke herself to death.    I see a sad outcome for her son, because Dottie doesn't care about anything but her addictions.  

I think Cynthia never wants to get to her goal weight.   I remember on the first episode (I think the first, it might have been her WATN) when she was doing so well.   Then she went out with a bunch of her friends, and they were saying that since she lost weight she should date now.    Then she quits the program.   I think she uses her weight, and the kids, as an excuse not to date.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

At least Dottie still kind of knows she’s in bad shape. 

Plus her house is clean (maybe drunk hubby cleans it?).

OTOH, Cynthia is so busy shopping for ugly outfits, styling her wig and putting on hideous fake nails that she doesn't have time to change the grimy sheets her family EATS ON, much less vacuum or pick up her squalid digs.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, rlc said:

I know that they're all given meal plans and diet information that we don’t see and they don’t choose to follow, but I always wonder how it’s possible that they actual believe that fast food is their only option (because they’re all just sooooooooooo busy, even though none of them have jobs). Again, I know they are all delusional, because you don’t hit 600 pounds if you are honest with yourself, but seriously, haven’t any of these people ever heard of a rotisserie chicken? You can grab one at any supermarket!!! As much as I love this show, I can’t handle how many salty people they’ve had on of late.

THIS. This is also the reason I couldn't handle Cynthia's original show. She lives in the damn drive thru. I was a single Mom of a meager 2 kids. I'm not a fan of fast food. I would grab a rotisserie chicken and make microwave steam vegetables and boil in bag rice on nights when I just couldn't handle cooking a better meal. It took all of TEN minutes to prepare. Even with all their "busy" schedules, you have 10 minutes to put something better in your mouth. (**descends soap box**)

• Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lillith said:

Cynthia frustrated me far more than Dottie. She's far more educated than the average person on this show, and has a better job. Hell she's got a job! The excuse with the kids made me want to punch something. She's got five teens/pre-teens who all seem like functional, decent kids. They can't help with shopping, prep and cooking? And they can't help clean that dirty house? She'd thrown all of that on her daughter before, why can't the boys help.  They need to learn all of that to be functional adults anyway. And the attitude! Even when it wasn't working! I have a friend like that, super morbidly obese and knows she needs to lose weight but is so stubborn and will NOT consider therapy. I think if she opens up the house of cards will crumble. 

I cut Dottie a bit more slack because of the role as a caregiver and then the tragic death of her son, and having a drunk for a husband. But I really think she's a profesional victim. 

I know Lola isn't popular but I thought she gave both of them sound advice this episode. And I loved both of her wigs! 

Also whatever their major (and I mean major) issues are, they also brought up the aversion so many have in this country toward dealing with mental health issues. It's viewed as a weakness rather than an issue to be dealth with. 

Definitely @Lillith, you really nailed it with this comment. In particular, I point to her last "flustrating"--thanks Schenee!--office visit with Dr. Now before she decided to quit the program. She had "hoped" to have met her goal of losing 40 pounds in two months but instead had gained 12. When confronted by Dr. Now with the fact that she was indeed going backwards--I think she had previously only lost five pounds in two munts--she again folded her hammy arms, shook her head and said that she couldn't agree with him and just did not see what he was talking about.

What kind of mental gymnastics did she have to perform to come to that conclusion? Of course she understood. How she can justify still being around two hundred pounds overweight and hurtling back up to 600 pounds as acceptable, especially since she claims to do EVERYTHING for her kids?

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wonder if sometimes the camera crew are silently trying to figure out if they could just take the kids home with them, not bring them back and get way with it.

I wonder if they've ever called CPS on any of them...

6 hours ago, Concerned said:

In Dottie’s case she is imprinting on Landon the importance of loving his momma so he won’t rebel when told to clean Dottie’s private parts after a bowel movement as Dilly and several others are required to do.

She had one kid she had to take care of so now she can groom the second one to take care of her. 😞 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I wonder if they've ever called CPS on any of them...

She had one kid she had to take care of so now she can groom the second one to take care of her. 😞 

This is so clearly a case of child abuse.  I wonder if, like "dilly" Landon is on the "spectrum" of autism. I don't think I heard him utter one word during the entire episode.  He is such a cute little boy but with the 2 "parents" he was given, it's a real question whether he will ever be able to achieve a "normal" life.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, snarkish said:

THIS. This is also the reason I couldn't handle Cynthia's original show. She lives in the damn drive thru. I was a single Mom of a meager 2 kids. I'm not a fan of fast food. I would grab a rotisserie chicken and make microwave steam vegetables and boil in bag rice on nights when I just couldn't handle cooking a better meal. It took all of TEN minutes to prepare. Even with all their "busy" schedules, you have 10 minutes to put something better in your mouth. (**descends soap box**)

I agree completely snarkish, and if these people were normal they would do that.  I always have to remind myself that when it comes to food, their brains are wired differently.  Of course there are a gazillion other options better than fast food but they've justified it with whatever reason they have.  After watching Intervention for what, 15 years?  It's a common pattern. Addicts will do anything to get their fixes.  They don't really want to stop and almost all have tantrums when they are called on their lies.

This assessment is based on my TV psychology degree.  It hangs on the wall next to my TV law degree.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10

The only thing that repulses me more than watching these pounders eating sloppy wet, dripping fast food in their cars while they are literally crammed & stuffed behind the steering wheel is when the pounder and family is show eating in the pounder's bedroom on his or her bed.  What in the ever loving fuck is this??!!  Cynthia and her 5 grown ass kids sitting on her bed eating out of paper bags.  WTF.  I tell myself that this is only a 600 pound life thing because I shudder to think that there are actual real life families doing this. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, pdlinda said:

This is so clearly a case of child abuse.  I wonder if, like "dilly" Landon is on the "spectrum" of autism. I don't think I heard him utter one word during the entire episode.  He is such a cute little boy but with the 2 "parents" he was given, it's a real question whether he will ever be able to achieve a "normal" life.  

Landon has two strikes against him already, his birth parents and his environment. It is *possible* that he is just shy and the camera people affected his behaviors, but my teacher sense is pushing me to believe there is some possible  developmental delay or other medical reason for his behavior shown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think the way Dottie is treating Landon, hauling him around the way she did his brother, and turning him into a helpless lump is the major problem for Landon.   Poor Landon has never had any attention from his mother, and never will.   She will do everything she can to turn him into Sean, or one of the captive children of the other poundticipants.       

I think Dottie will do everything she can to keep Landon a little kid, and will never try to get him up to age level.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

my teacher sense is pushing me to believe there is some possible developmental delay

That's the vibe I got, too. Who's to say if he's on the spectrum or just not being stimulated in age-appropriate ways, but something seems off. From what we saw of the friend who'd been looking after him during Dottie's crises, I wouldn't have much confidence in her ability to engage a pre-schooler. I hope Landon gets some help when he starts school, at least.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, pdlinda said:

My youngest daughter is the mother of boys.....Lots and lots of boys. The first time we saw Landon I looked at her and said "I think age wise he would fit and you don't have one in ginger!" 😍 Poor little fella. 😢

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Oh. My. Goodness. Cynthia is a BITCH. A raging, sarcastic, smug bitch.  I hope she winds up 900 pounds.

And if Dottie doesn't shut up about how important her child is, my head will explode. If you have to repeat over and over the fact that you are " there" for your child, it makes me wonder. Who is she trying to convince with her "Smother of the Year" award speech?

• Love 13
On 5/7/2020 at 8:29 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

She even said her daughter was disappointed in the decision but then later she understood that this was best for all of them. RIGHT. “I need to be there for my kids.” How the hell does sticking to an eating plan mean you’re not there for your kids? She’s an excuse factory laden with defensive attitude. When smugly bragged to Lola that “I don’t ask for help,” I just wanted to scream and I’ll bet Lola did, too  

And this is the thing that drove me nuts TabbyGirl521

I rewatched her original episode before this one (yes I'm bored shut up!)

She said that she was a teacher. A Special Education teacher. What the hell?? I would just love to know what LEGITIMATE qualifications she has. 

• Love 6

I remember Cynthia's original episode. It was awesome what she did taking in those kids. But they've already been through enough. Get it together lady!

Her first update she shared with James "ahhh my leg" King (may he rest in friiied rice heaven). And frankly I didn't pay much attention because I was focused on him. I think she was defiant even then, but not the raging bitch she is now. I may have that update in my Amazon Prime library. I'll have to watch it again. And then I'll get me life, express shipping is free after all. 😄

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Seasick Cecil said:

Oh. My. Goodness. Cynthia is a BITCH. A raging, sarcastic, smug bitch.  I hope she winds up 900 pounds.

And if Dottie doesn't shut up about how important her child is, my head will explode. If you have to repeat over and over the fact that you are " there" for your child, it makes me wonder. Who is she trying to convince with her "Smother of the Year" award speech?

Did we ever see her interacting with him at all? She seemed very detached despite all her yapping. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Did we ever see her interacting with him at all? She seemed very detached despite all her yapping. 

I think she picked him up and threw him over her shoulder and carried him into another room. And that's creepy, because that's how she carried his severely disabled older brother who couldn't walk. Landon, of course, can walk.

• Love 7