Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Season 10 Reunion

• Start Topic

Well, Katie definitely kept with the turtle theme and dressed in a lovely shade of turtle green that did her zero favors.  I'm no expert but Katie, girl, wear a cute dress with a short skirt and cover up more on top.  

That said, Katie is a total asshole.  So if whoever misunderstood what she said about cheating on Derek with her fuckboy ex two days after the honeymoon, please explain exactly what it was that you said so we can try and understand how it was taken out of context.  Yeah, I thought so.

I think Derek simply was not bad boy enough for Katie from (nearly) the start.  She wants someone that's unattainable, that doesn't want her.  And I guess Derek never lit her fire the way she wanted.  So move on, Derek.  Start working on your bucket list/dreams and don't look back.  You were too good for that vocal-fried mess.  

Taylor is totally full of shit.  She knew that Brandon worked at that bar but she was going to go there with another man because she'd been there before?  Girl, please.  There are TONS of places in the D.C. area.  Go to one of those.  You didn't so just admit you did it to try and show up Brandon with another man.  And you got exactly what you wanted.  Brandon created a scene.  You got a little bit of karma too because your stupid ass got arrested.

I really didn't understand why Kevin was questioning Michael so heavily and then saying well, I wasn't there.  Neither was Michael!  Michael only knows either what Brandon told him and/or what he heard in the courtroom.  Like most anything else, there was probably Taylor's version, Brandon's version and then the truth.  So a lot of time was wasted trying to make Michael Brandon's spokesperson, which was NOT his job.  

I did notice that after the Brandon Inquisition, Michael looked like he was trying to go to sleep for the remainder of the reunion.  I think he's a lying liar who lies but he was absolutely correct in that it was unfair to put him on the spot and try to make him account for Brandon's actions.  Although I have zero idea why Michael tried to get Kevin to back off by using their race.  What did that have to do with anything?  Asshole behavior is asshole behavior.

I'm disappointed that Kevin didn't go after Taylor's accounting a bit more because girl clearly ain't right in the head.

Meka looked nice but she's no more an expert than Dr. Pepper, Pastor Cal or Dr. V so she should have been quiet.  

Austin and Jess seemed happy. 

Yay, Shannie!  I knew she wouldn't sugarcoat anything.  She is a ride or die friend, that's for sure.  She has no use for Lindsay.  Neither should Mindy.  Both Zach and Lindsay were lying through their teeth.  And Zach kept right on lying and deflecting during the reunion.  As far as I'm concerned, Mindy should tell Katie to fuck off as well.  Katie may not have realized how douche Zach was but if she's such good friends with Mindy now, Zach is her ex-husband.  Kind of like there are many other places and bars to hang out besides Brandon's in the D.C. area, there are also other men besides Zach, Katie.  

• Love 17
10 hours ago, SideofSlaw said:

The one time I agreed with Michael. He’s not Branden’s representative and it’s not his job.

Yes!  If you want to know his side, then do what another poster wrote, get him on a remote feed if he can't be there. I don't like Brandon or Taylor and I think they both lie and are not good people. And she STILL does not see that posting that video about being a single lady was a bad thing to do.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

When Derek said he promised the other ladies he would not name who told him Katie had slept with her Ex 2 days after the honeymoon

Do we know when Derek found out about Katie and her Ex? Was it after they split? Or did he know it before Decision Day?

Seems they only stayed together for two weeks after filming ended. Is that right?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Although I have zero idea why Michael tried to get Kevin to back off by using their race.  What did that have to do with anything?  Asshole behavior is asshole behavior.

What I think he was saying was that he didn’t want to disparage another Black man. Kevin came back with “well, he acted a fool and his behavior embarrassed all of us [Black people].”

46 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Taylor seems like an instigator with a temper. 

She definitely has a temper. She flipped that “no bitch, you did XYZ ...” switch quick in their last fight. I think they both suck. She craves attention, hence her desire to be on TV & build her social media following (which I think would have been a bigger deal with a different partner), and she did carry on as though she were still single. Brandon sucks for ... well, we saw the show.

I can’t believe she’s committed to that hair. Five months later and she still had on that hair? Meka needs to help her.

Agree, @OnTime, Mindy and Derek aren’t a match. I could see Mindy with an older white-collar guy. Like, Derek’s boss, or boss’s boss, might be a good match for Mindy. Or a lawyer or lobbyist or something like that.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m confused.  Is the next MAFS in Australia or New Orleans?

Both. It looks like they’re airing MAFS Australia in the States. I think that’s a different set of experts, production, etc. Pastor Cal and ‘nem aren’t taking the show down under; there’s always been an Australian version (someone upthread said there have been 7 seasons of it). And then New Orleans is the same version we’ve been seeing all along.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Both. It looks like they’re airing MAFS Australia in the States. I think that’s a different set of experts, production, etc. Pastor Cal and ‘nem aren’t taking the show down under; there’s always been an Australian version (someone upthread said there have been 7 seasons of it). And then New Orleans is the same version we’ve been seeing all along.

Thank you.

• Love 2

Someone called Zach a predator and I had to think about it for a minute but I agree. He targeted two women who have self-esteem/jealousy issues.

If we go by what Shannie said, Lindsey seemed to be jealous of Mindy and wanted to “take” Zach from her. Zach capitalized on that and had that stupid woman actually thinking they would be together after the show was over. 

He also targeted Katie, who was more than willing to meet up with him to “discuss the show” over drinks. And this stupid woman sits on stage and says she wouldn’t consider dating Zach after the show aired and she saw how he treated Mindy even though she already knew in real time he was an ass. Zach knew Katie would be an easy lay. Somebody can try to convince me he didn’t hit and quit (like her ex) but I’ll be a hard sell. Probably turned Katie on to be treated like shit so I guess it was a win for her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I think New Orleans had to stop filming because of Corona. I wonder how it will effect the season.

I read the production crews left and remote cameras were installed.  I understand that it is the same setup that was used in the upcoming show that follows the successful couples that will begin airing in the near future.

• Love 4

Someone  mentioned  something about a  "Where are they now?" type of episode  with MAFS couples  from  past  seasons.  Does anyone  have any details  about  that, like when  it's  supposed to air?  Thanks  in advance. 

51 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Agree, @OnTime, Mindy and Derek aren’t a match. I could see Mindy with an older white-collar guy. Like, Derek’s boss, or boss’s boss, might be a good match for Mindy. Or a lawyer or lobbyist or something like that.

I definitely see Mindy with an older guy too.

I just don't see her with someone as successful as a lawyer or lobbyist. Someone without an Instagram page and can speak in complete sentences. 

(1) Kevin Frazier needs to be the host of 90 Day Fiance reunion.  Actually all reunion shows.

(2) Katie is an asshole.  I'm sorry I defended her at all.  I wish Kevin would've asked her what happened with the ex? I mean, she did say it was physical but I'd love to know if she wanted more with him or is just totally FWB.

(3) Zach isn't attracted to Mindy, but he went out with Katie for drinks?  Katie?  I thought Katie looked like she gained some weight and in the worst way -- it made her face look bigger and w/o a chin, she looked even worse. Derek count your lucky starts -- you can do way better not only in the superficial looks department but in a quality woman. 

(4) I wish Mindy and Derek would go out for drinks post reunion show.  I do think Mindy is pretty but she does look older than Derek, but she's a helluva lot better looking and way classier than Katie.

(5) Michael got his ass handed to him by Kevin.  I laughed at the "you don't look like a yoga teacher..." comment.  And Michael with those eyes moving from side to side.  He can't tell the truth to save his life.

(6) I haven't read this whole thread, but if there are people still defending Brandon, I wonder how you could.  Taylor's an asshole, but he's worse.

(7) Austin and Jennifer are so cute.  It's nice to see these two seem so happy.  I really hope these are the forever matches.

(8) Meka looked GORGEOUS.  She shouldn't have to apologize for not accepting someone's constant lies.

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, cinsays said:

no self-respecting 2 year old would wear that ugly dress

That is true. Let me rephrase my statement . Katie's dress looks as though she stole it from a 2 year old's barbie doll. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Go Derek!  Wow, Katie is truly a POS.  I feel for Derek but I still think the turtle got the worst deal.  I don’t know if he’ll ever be reunited with his family and Katie should’ve been dragged for that along with everything else.  Regarding her “dress,” all I could think was that she needed a little hat and a tray and should’ve been selling cigars and cigarettes.

I loved how in the beginning, they were only showing Zach in profile so he wasn’t getting full exposure.  Mindy needs therapy.  Screw Lindsey and close that door forever.  Stop being so concerned about everyone else and put yourself first for a change.  Be like your true fiend, Shannie, “bitch dead to me.”

The Taylor/Brandon drama was just too convoluted.  I really wish we had the full story.  Like what was that Blairwitch footage of them on the sofa?  

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Dittohead said:

Someone  mentioned  something about a  "Where are they now?" type of episode  with MAFS couples  from  past  seasons.  Does anyone  have any details  about  that, like when  it's  supposed to air?  Thanks  in advance. 

Jamie/Doug, Ashley/Anthony, Shawniece/Jept,/Bobby/Danielle and Jamie/Beth filmed a show with Kevin F. back in February. Amber of Amber/Matt was there. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8oonJaDXGh/

Seems the others filmed at different times/places but not sure who else in the in special. No idea when it is airing.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I don't think Meka had anything to apologize for, but it was nice of her to do it, and I felt it was very sincere. Unlike *coughmichaelcough*.

I thought it was really gracious and self-aware of her to do that, but I wish she hadn't. Michael's reaction made it seem like he took the apology as justification for his behavior. That didn't sit well with me.

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I only wish Michael would have stayed in his chair and flat out told Kevin he wasn't there to defend Brandon so let's move on. Instead he gets up and walks away. Typical Michael. 

Agreed. I find Michael to be a mega creep, but it was unfair of them to put him on the spot like that to be Brandon's spokesperson. However, he lost any sympathy from me when he stomped away like a petulant child. He's proven time and again that he can whip up a fine word soufflé (a bit more advanced than Zach's word salad) when confronted, so he should have given a little speech about the emotional tapestry of his friendship with Brandon and how it precludes him from commenting on such matters. That would have been a classier move. I generally love Kevin as a host, but he needed to be shot down in that moment.

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

As for the anxiety disorder excuses from Michael and Brandon... I have a severe anxiety disorder. If you really do have one, it’s easy enough not to sign up for a reality TV show and marry a stranger. It wouldn’t be a good fit for my disorder, true. By their ages they should know that and they’re responsible for how they handle it. The entire premise of the show is that it’s nerve-wracking, anxiety-inducing and stressful. If you have anxiety that severe, don’t sign up for more. My husband uses a wheelchair so he’s not going to sign up for “The Challenge” and then get angry when he can’t do the physical stunts and blame the show. 

Thank you. I've been saying this since the day he opened his mouth about his anxiety issues. A man who has a panic attack when a camera is in his face would not put himself in the position of being filmed on a daily basis. No amount of money or promise of "fame" could lure him, let alone the chance for true love. He may have some kind of disorder, but anxiety ain't it.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think Michael is 100% right. It's not his place to speak about Brandon's marriage and life. If they wanted to talk about Brandon, they should have invited him to the reunion. Kevin has been a good host; I don't think he'd have had any problem confronting Brandon about his behavior. This is fucked up.

Since they both Taylor and Brandon have restraining orders against each other, they couldn't have them in the same room. They went with the person least likely to start a physical confrontation with Kevin.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

So any great moments in this reunion.  My favorite that I haven’t already seen mentioned.  When Derek said he promised the other ladies he would not name who told him Katie had slept with her Ex 2 days after the honeymoon, Meka immediately said wasn’t her.  The rest of the ladies....crickets....lol...  Jessica looks down and fidgets....I don’t doubt Derek’s story at all.  

I think it was Mindy: when she found out Katie was "having drinks" with Zach, she was upset.  She probably contacted Derek to tell him what was going on.

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Although I have zero idea why Michael tried to get Kevin to back off by using their race.  What did that have to do with anything?  Asshole behavior is asshole behavior.

A lot of times, black people are used by the media to trash another black person..."we're justified in pushing this narrative because look, Billy Black Person agrees with us too!"  Michael was trying to say to Kevin, hey you're black and you know what's going on...don't ask me to participate in this. 

Michael shouldn't have been asked to give a play by play of what happened in court, because half of the cast was in court & Kevin didn't grill them.  Kevin was demanding Michael either defend or trash Brandon (which Meka gleefully did) and he shouldn't have been asked to do either, just like no one else was asked to defend or trash Katie's behavior.

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Do we know when Derek found out about Katie and her Ex? Was it after they split? Or did he know it before Decision Day?

Seems they only stayed together for two weeks after filming ended. Is that right?

I think Derek found out about Katie's last dalliance with the Ex after they split; all of the "lets be friends, lets sleep in separate bedrooms" was because Katie was sleeping with the Ex right after Decision Day.  Katie told Derek about sleeping with the Ex after the face to emphasize they were done.  IMO Mindy told Derek about Katie sleeping with the Ex on Derek/Katie's honeymoon and about Katie & Zach.  Derek collected his receipts, but played dumb when Katie invited him out to dinner to get him not to expose her on national TV.  She was in shock that he exposed her b/c she thought he was a nice dumb guy who would be gentlemanly and not expose her.  Bravo, Derek!

44 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

He also targeted Katie, who was more than willing to meet up with him to “discuss the show” over drinks.

Zach targeted Katie because she's a ho.  I believe Zach also knew about Katie cheating on Derek with the Ex via Mindy.  Katie was down with it because at that point she had lost both Derek AND the Ex. 

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

All the bars in the DC/MD/VA region and Taylor decides to take her new man to the bar she knows Brandon frequents?  Let's grow up and stop with the play play: Taylor went to that bar to get a reaction out of Brandon. She knew what she was doing and she got what she deserved.  It's not all Brandon's fault, although he should not be giving Taylor or the producers of this show material to work with.

I wonder if Taylor's friend at the bar was that muscle bound dude we saw a couple times?  I wouldn't have been surprised if she wanted to goad Brandon into fighting and have the dude beat him up.   I could imagine her setting something like that up, even though it didn't work out that way.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, spunky said:

Since they both Taylor and Brandon have restraining orders against each other, they couldn't have them in the same room. They went with the person least likely to start a physical confrontation with Kevin.

Sure, but they could have interviewed Brandon separately or Zoomed him in or had him call in - we’re all communicating with each other from afar right now, we know it can be done. Not getting his side of the story was a choice.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I wonder if Taylor's friend at the bar was that muscle bound dude we saw a couple times?  I wouldn't have been surprised if she wanted to goad Brandon into fighting and have the dude beat him up.   I could imagine her setting something like that up, even though it didn't work out that way.    

She's immature as fuck.  But he wanted nothing to do with her, so why the fuck would he, should he care about her being with another guy?

That incident just shows to me Brandon is a volatile guy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Michael gets on my nerves but I like how he's handling this situation with Brandon and Taylor. It's not fair that they're putting him in the position of speaking for Brandon and I think he's handling it well.

... These are some shitty people (Michael, Brandon, Taylor, Zach, and Katie). This cast was really a bust.

13 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

Good thing the next installment of MAFS will be coming to us from Australia. Dr Pepper and friends need some time to re-evaluate their professional expertise criteria for these match-ups. 1 for 4 is not very impressive. This group was a sh*tshow.

I stopped watching in the middle of this season because it was painfully depressing how dysfunctional these cast members were-- and how ill-matched. 

But this reunion sounds great. I'm sorry I missed it. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Sure, but they could have interviewed Brandon separately or Zoomed him in or had him call in - we’re all communicating with each other from afar right now, we know it can be done. Not getting his side of the story was a choice.

I think the producers hated him with a passion.  I'm sure there was some pettiness on their end but they won't admit it. When even Zach thinks you're a jackass there's no hope for you.

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, spunky said:

I think the producers hated him with a passion.  I'm sure there was some pettiness on their end but they won't admit it. When even Zach thinks you're a jackass there's no hope for you.

Yeah. I said in a previous post that it felt like production taking revenge on Brandon, which is tacky.

• Love 10

The producers had every right to hate Brandon, he was awful to them.  All Kevin had to say was Brandon couldn't be there because of the restraining order, let Taylor tell her side of the story, say they reached out to Brandon for a statement on his side of the story but he declined to participate and move on.  Michael did not need to be a part of that narrative at all.

• Love 23
Just now, Empress1 said:

Yeah. I said in a previous post that it felt like production taking revenge on Brandon, which is tacky.

It's also a warning to future participants that they better fall in line and do as they're told.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Empress1 said:

Tacky or not, I don't blame them.  He was an intolerable douche, and they had no incentive to be fair.

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I've been saying this since the day he opened his mouth about his anxiety issues. A man who has a panic attack when a camera is in his face would not put himself in the position of being filmed on a daily basis. No amount of money or promise of "fame" could lure him, let alone the chance for true love. He may have some kind of disorder, but anxiety ain't it.

Exactly. And if Brandon did choose to do so knowing his severe anxiety and anger issues, sorry, but he has personal responsibility for that. If you feel backed into a corner when stressed and lash out like a hit dog when you face a difficult situation, maybe don't sign up to MARRY A STRANGER ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.

The production crew isn't responsible for managing your apparently severe social anxiety. I have empathy for it-like I said, I have severe anxiety myself- that's why I know it would be stupid as hell to sign up for a show like this, and it wouldn't justify horrible behavior to people just trying to do their jobs after that. Say what you want about how he treated Taylor, she seems shady AF to me, but the crew didn't deserve that, point blank period. 

The entire point of the show is being around strangers and even being married to one and being followed a whole bunch by cameras while you interact socially with people you don't know well, in a difficult, challenging emotional situation where you know you'll be put on the spot about sensitive topics. It's not suited for someone with extremely debilitating anxiety/depression.

Like I said, it really strikes me as no different than if my husband who can't walk willingly signed up for a show about undertaking extreme physical challenges, then got pissed at everyone who wanted him to do them and cursed them out repeatedly for doing what he SIGNED UP to do. Would he deserve sympathy for that? Absolutely not. You're an adult, you know your limitations! This isn't even the Jersey Shore or Real World where they purposely chose young people with underlying issues to exploit. These people are young professionals in their 30s, mostly, and signed up to be legally married.

If Michael and Brandon have such incredibly severe mental health issues and are aware of them, they could have just kept selling beer and not teaching kids/not teaching yoga and not signed up for a reality show for a major television network. I work from home full-time because of my anxiety. I don't choose to do things I couldn't realistically do. 

Lastly, I find it hard to believe that a *salesperson* who works big festivals for a living has social anxiety so severe that he lashes out this badly. His anxiety doesn't act up at work, I guess? 

Personally I think it's likelier that Brandon has a drinking problem and gets angry when he drinks. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

think Derek found out about Katie's last dalliance with the Ex after they split; all of the "lets be friends, lets sleep in separate bedrooms" was because Katie was sleeping with the Ex right after Decision Day.  Katie told Derek about sleeping with the Ex after the face to emphasize they were done.  IMO Mindy told Derek about Katie sleeping with the Ex on Derek/Katie's honeymoon and about Katie & Zach.  Derek collected his receipts, but played dumb when Katie invited him out to dinner to get him not to expose her on national TV.  She was in shock that he exposed her b/c she thought he was a nice dumb guy who would be gentlemanly and not expose her.  Bravo, Derek!

This soap opera is a little hard for me to follow, but for some reason I must get it straight!!

Is this right?

1)Katie gets right back with X two days after getting back from the honeymoon? Well, I do remember when Cal came to the apt and she tells him she has nothing to do with the X.

2) She continues on with Derek for the next seven weeks.

3) She says Yes on decision day and signs a one year apt lease.

4) They move to the new apt and she says friends/separate rooms. 

5) Two weeks later they split and she says I went back to X, but doesn't tell him it was two days after they got back from the honeymoon?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yes they do.  I won't be watching that show.  I already feel like I need to take a shower.

All of the dirty dealings are on You Tube. Also, revealing interviews calling out how people were isolated and tormented by production.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, OnTime said:

I don't get the matching tattoos. 

Season 10

And

"In a scale of 1-10, I'm a ......"

10 hours ago, princelina said:

Derek had the same look of delight on his face that Zach gets when they're showing a clip of Zach.  

He had that same look of delight when they aired the clip of Mindy gushing about his good looks at the wedding.

Well, Katie definitely kept with the turtle theme and dressed in a lovely shade of turtle green that did her zero favors.  I'm no expert but Katie, girl, wear a cute dress with a short skirt and cover up more on top.  

That said, Katie is a total asshole.  So if whoever misunderstood what she said about cheating on Derek with her fuckboy ex two days after the honeymoon, please explain exactly what it was that you said so we can try and understand how it was taken out of context.  Yeah, I thought so.

I think Derek simply was not bad boy enough for Katie from (nearly) the start.  She wants someone that's unattainable, that doesn't want her.  And I guess Derek never lit her fire the way she wanted.  So move on, Derek.  Start working on your bucket list/dreams and don't look back.  You were too good for that vocal-fried mess.  

Taylor is totally full of shit.  She knew that Brandon worked at that bar but she was going to go there with another man because she'd been there before?  Girl, please.  There are TONS of places in the D.C. area.  Go to one of those.  You didn't so just admit you did it to try and show up Brandon with another man.  And you got exactly what you wanted.  Brandon created a scene.  You got a little bit of karma too because your stupid ass got arrested.

I really didn't understand why Kevin was questioning Michael so heavily and then 

I'm disappointed that Kevin didn't go after Taylor's accounting a bit more because girl clearly ain't right in the head.

I'm disappointed he didn't go after the women enough. Yes, Taylor should have been called out more. Also, Katie deserved a lot more questioning about her name-calling and her dream-bashing. 

• Love 8

I would think Taylor too, which could explain why she and Derek were so friendly.  I did note that Derek said "cast members," not "cast member."  So if Jess did know, I would think she might tell Austin and ask for his advice and maybe the two of them told Derek.

Regardless, Derek was very gentlemanly about saying that he would not expose the person or persons, which I respect.  I also respect him for airing Katie's dirty laundry to the world.  Well played, Derek.  

Agreed. Derek is a class act, actually, much more than I thought at first given his bit of a 'former frat boy' persona. He shaded Katie deeply in this last reunion episode without having to resort to yelling or derogatory names. He simply said, "Fortunately, Katie made it really easy not to fall in love with her." Damn!

I noticed that about the other cast members too. I could see Taylor telling Derek as a way to make a move on him or just be shady, while Mindy, Jess, and/or Austin (maybe Austin? he seems like a stand-up guy) probably would have told him in order to help him out and protect him. Austin/Mindy/Jess all seem very committed to honesty and transparency. (We all know it wasn't Michael, lol.)

I also had a fleeting thought that he might have said it was "cast members," plural, on purpose, in order to protect the person's identity or make it sound like it was a general rumor and not a conversation he specifically had with one person. Another class act moment if that's true. 

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Truth said:

Tacky or not, I don't blame them.  He was an intolerable douche, and they had no incentive to be fair.

Yep. I'm surprised at all the 'they should have been more fair to him' (while I agree that Michael shouldn't have had to speak for him, that wasn't appropriate). 

If somebody got in my face more than once like Brandon did at my job, I certainly wouldn't be trying to give him a good or even decent edit. I'd be as petty as I liked, thanks. You do that to me and my colleagues enough times, I'm not having you on the set to disrespect me yet again. I could only get called a piece of s*** for doing my job so many times. He wasn't just yelling "f*** this" or "I wish I hadn't signed up for this s***" or something. He was directly calling producers a string of derogatory names, over and over and over. And if we saw it on TV twice, we know it happened a lot more. 

Production crews become a sort of close-knit family because they work together for such long hours and often know each other well. I doubt the crew members took kindly to him talking down to and verbally abusing people who are likely their very close friends and collaborators. 

People have pushed back against the producers on this show before. I've never seen anybody deliver this level of verbal abuse/harassment to the crew. That's a whole different thing. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, buttersister said:

And how much do I finally appreciate nurse Jessica, who likely buried that tattoo where the sun doesn’t shine.

It's on her right ring finger, since she's the only one wearing a wedding band on her left ring finger at the moment.  I question the judgement of the other ladies, though...I mean, can you imagine getting engaged and having your fiancée slip an engagement ring and wedding band on over a tattoo that memorializes your first "marriage"??  Yikes.  Get it between your toes or something.

6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Michael shouldn't have been forced to be Brandon's mouthpiece.  He saw the agenda that was being played, called them out on it and that's why Kevin Frazier got mad. If Brandon wants to act a fool on TV & the producers run with that narrative, that's on Brandon. That has nothing to do with Michael and he shouldn't have been put in that position.  The producers could have reached out to Brandon to do a Skype/Zoom/Pretaped Segment.  If Brandon refused, just have Kevin say they had reached out to Brandon to tell his side of the story but he refused.  The end.

Put me on the list of people who are surprised to be saying "I never thought I'd stand up for Michael" but...yeah.  That was all kinds of awful.  I felt bad for the guy, and kept hoping he would just put his foot down and hold firm on the position that he had said all he cared to on the situation.  But alas, he cut and run, which made him look bad, and even worse, set Meka off on her "See?  That's what he always does!" tirade.  Girl.  I love you, but shut it for just one damn minute, 'K?

3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I did notice that after the Brandon Inquisition, Michael looked like he was trying to go to sleep for the remainder of the reunion. 

Right?  Every time Kevin addressed him, Michael slowly turned his head like he was being pulled back from a pleasant daydream.  

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

(7) Austin and Jennifer are so cute.  It's nice to see these two seem so happy.  I really hope these are the forever matches.

Jessica.  Jennifer is her twin sister.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, JustDuckie said:

First thing that comes to mind? He's a psychopath. 

I kind of think he's autistic.  I have a child with it and some of the actions like the no eye contact and other weird body motions indicate to me that he might have it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:

This soap opera is a little hard for me to follow, but for some reason I must get it straight!!

Is this right?

1)Katie gets right back with X two days after getting back from the honeymoon? Well, I do remember when Cal came to the apt and she tells him she has nothing to do with the X.

2) She continues on with Derek for the next seven weeks.

3) She says Yes on decision day and signs a one year apt lease.

4) They move to the new apt and she says friends/separate rooms. 

5) Two weeks later they split and she says I went back to X, but doesn't tell him it was two days after they got back from the honeymoon?

It's my understanding/speculation that

• Katie cheated on Derek with the Ex right after the honeymoon & told some cast members about it
  • After Decision Day, she started communicating with the Ex and feeling like she could start up with him again.  This was the "Let's be friends" conversation
  • Derek is thinking they still have a chance, maybe they need to take it slow so he agrees.
  • Katie starts having sex with the Ex, this starts up the "Lets have separate bedrooms" conversation.
  • Katie is thinking she has a future with the Ex; she informs Derek at/around the time of Nashville that it's not going to work and it's over.  They are stuck in their one year lease until they can find somebody to take over the lease; in the meantime they have discussions on dating other people (which Katie is already doing)
  • Katie informs Derek she is back together with the Ex
  • They live in hell together until they find somebody to take over the lease
  • The Ex dumps Katie, she and Zach "get drinks"
  • Katie realizes how bad this makes her look; she calls up Mindy for some crisis communications
  • Mindy is shocked; even though she's not with Zach or wants Zach, Katie was supposedly her friend and for her to go out with Zach reeks of betrayal
  • Mindy tells Derek about Katie & Zach getting drinks and also about Katie cheating on Derek at the very beginning of their marriage with Ex.
  • Katie takes Derek out to dinner for a crisis communications session to butter him up about not exposing her on national TV.   Derek agrees, but he has the receipts
  • Derek exposes Katie for the piece of trash she is on national TV; Katie is shocked because she thought she had it all under control

I'm just speculating that Mindy is the cast member who told Derek.  It probably wasn't any of the black cast members so that leaves Zach, Austin, Jessica and Mindy as the informer.  I doubt Zach would've cared or told and I doubt Jessica would've told Derek directly.  If Jessica is the informer, Austin probably would've told Derek for her.  That only leaves Mindy and she would've had the motivation to inform Derek about Katie after finding out about Katie & Zach.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

(while I agree that Michael shouldn't have had to speak for him, that wasn't appropriate)

Yes, however...Michael tried to have it both ways.  He began by defending Brandon, suggesting that Taylor's version wasn't accurate.  But then when pressed, he ran off like a little boy crying for mommy.

All he ever had to say was "I wasn't there, and I have nothing to add".

Then repeat as often as necessary.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I really thought/wished that Kevin should have gone after Taylor more. He clearly did not believe her story of that video, which she will never admit was wrong. I think he may have even rolled his eyes, but I guess he realized that she would never understand that she was wrong. Period.

I hadn't read anything about the court or restraining orders, which is surprising with all the SM detectives. And, the fact that Taylor also had a restraining order issued, and was arrested at the same time means that she was just as guilty as he was. She totally picked that bar to initiate a scene. She knew exactly what to do to get Brandon started.

I really liked Derek and was so glad that he made that little turtle squirm. I thought it was funny that Zach said he didn't remember who called who to set up drinks, but that makes sense. He didn't remember the last time he talked to Lindsey, either. I do hope that someday he realizes what he could have had with Mindy. And I hope she shuts him down.

About that Where are they now show - is that different from the one they are shooting with the remote cameras that will also include Jessica and Austin? I really hope she stops with the nervous laugh, though. 

I am with the group who agrees that Kevin hit too hard at Michael, expecting him to explain Brandon. Not his job. And, yes, Michael didn't have to do his baby tantrum walk off, but I am glad Kevin followed him and confronted him. Also glad that Michael explained that he was not Brandon's representative. As easy as Kevin was on Taylor, he could have let up on Michael.

And Meka - I got nothing. She looked pretty in that dress. Pink is her color.

Won't be watching the Oz version and probably not the other clip shows that they are throwing together since the other shows are temporarily called off. So, if they started the NOLA shows and then had to stop, do the couples stay together in the meantime? That will give them longer than the 8 weeks and a whole lot less production interference, so if they do finish, that show will need an asterisk!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

TRASH.

4 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

In the early part of the discussion on the set about Brandon, Michael gave up one tidbit.  He said in court Brandon said that he knew from Day 1 he wasn't into the marriage with Taylor.

I think this supports the idea...Brandon found out about her trying to get on reality shows, and other fame seeking activities, whereby like for IG fame, he was just going to be fodder for her posts and imdb resume.

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yes!  If you want to know his side, then do what another poster wrote, get him on a remote feed if he can't be there. I don't like Brandon or Taylor and I think they both lie and are not good people. And she STILL does not see that posting that video about being a single lady was a bad thing to do.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

(1) Kevin Frazier needs to be the host of 90 Day Fiance reunion.  Actually all reunion shows.

(2) Katie is an asshole.  I'm sorry I defended her at all.  I wish Kevin would've asked her what happened with the ex? I mean, she did say it was physical but I'd love to know if she wanted more with him or is just totally FWB.

(3) Zach isn't attracted to Mindy, but he went out with Katie for drinks?  Katie?  I thought Katie looked like she gained some weight and in the worst way -- it made her face look bigger and w/o a chin, she looked even worse. Derek count your lucky starts -- you can do way better not only in the superficial looks department but in a quality woman. 

(4) I wish Mindy and Derek would go out for drinks post reunion show.  I do think Mindy is pretty but she does look older than Derek, but she's a helluva lot better looking and way classier than Katie.

(5) Michael got his ass handed to him by Kevin.  I laughed at the "you don't look like a yoga teacher..." comment.  And Michael with those eyes moving from side to side.  He can't tell the truth to save his life.

(6) I haven't read this whole thread, but if there are people still defending Brandon, I wonder how you could.  Taylor's an asshole, but he's worse.

(8) Meka looked GORGEOUS.  She shouldn't have to apologize for not accepting someone's constant lies.

45 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

She's immature as fuck.  But he wanted nothing to do with her, so why the fuck would he, should he care about her being with another guy?

That incident just shows to me Brandon is a volatile guy.

I think the truth is something little me this:

1. Brandon was disappointed as Hell when he saw Taylor and did not like her from the start. I am not going to speculate why.

2. Taylor is more into IG and is a realty fame ho

3. Despite being a reality fame ho, Taylor was kind of into Brandon when she first saw him.

4. When Brandon found out that Taylor was a last minute replacement he used as an “out” and was of the mind that he was being played. I am going to guess if he really liked her at all, he would not have cared.

5. Taylor could not believe this somewhat loserish guy with a million DUI’s and no license was disappointed in being paired with her.

6. She retaliates by doing petty bullshit like making that video and showing up to somewhere she knows he frequented with another guy. When asked about she pretends she had no malicious intentions even though everyone can see she is lying.

They are a match made in Hell.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

Dear Katie,

I'm sorry to say that marrying at first sight has revealed your worst character traits. Self-centered, lack of empathy, integrity or faithfulness. You have displayed pettiness and jealousy and believe the world revolves around your pathetic whims. For the first time in your life you found a decent loving man who was willing to overlook your obvious flaws but apparently you couldn't keep is zipped up and committed adultery on nationwide TV.

Extremely disappointed in you...

Love always, Dad.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

No! Mindy is not right for Derek. Sorry, Mindy fans.

She is too old for him.

Seven or eight years.  I don't think people would say that age difference is too much if the genders were reversed.

I think they're not compatible because Derek is too immature for her.  She's lived a lot of life, and he hasn't.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I don't think Meka had anything to apologize for, but it was nice of her to do it, and I felt it was very sincere. Unlike *coughmichaelcough*.

AND she admitted her fault without excusing it by childhood trauma or past relationships or whatever.  She straight up said she was too harsh and apologized.  She took responsibility for herself without pointing out that Michael’s lying was worse than what she did.

I think that Meka’s sharp, logical mind makes her impatient with those who can’t keep up.  She’s all about the facts, right and wrong, etc.  She is my favorite this season, not because she was perfect, but because she seemed she would be a great friend, and I would enjoy her ranting about whatever was on her mind at the moment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

No one there had been at the 'incident', so no one there had any right to be defending either party. Taylor was able to speak for herself. No matter what about Brandon, he deserved his say as well. That whole debacle was petty & immature.

Two sides or no sides. Production was unprofessional, period.

And where were all these vocal fuckers when Derek needed a little help - crickets, crickets... so Katie cheats on him & all the voices who knew & revealed went silent. Run from all of them, Derek.

Meka fell off her throne for me last night talking way too much. On a superficial note, her look also fell several notches from decision day. Less is more, Meka, in every way...

Show probably lied about Katie being a "mental health professional". She probably answers the phone at a clinic & hangs up on the suicidals.

Hope those ridiculous tats are as temporary as most of these 'marriages'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

No matter what about Brandon, he deserved his say as well. That whole debacle was petty & immature.

Two sides or no sides. Production was unprofessional, period.

I disagree.  But that's just me.

• Love 5
Just now, Truth said:

I disagree.  But that's just me.

I don't know about you, but if something happened & the other person got their say & my version was left out, I wouldn't find that at all fair. The behaviors of both aside, everyone has a right to their side of the story - it's even in our judicial system, but apparently doesn't apply to reality teevee.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Seven or eight years.  I don't think people would say that age difference is too much if the genders were reversed.

I think they're not compatible because Derek is too immature for her.  She's lived a lot of life, and he hasn't.

Woman tend to mature faster then men particularly in regards to marriage, work and raising children. Being a few years younger gives woman youth appeal. I agree Mindy is ready for children and adult life. Derek has a way to go.

• Love 7