Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

^I think the Ron Perlman-esque guy was Lucas Prentiss without the beard.  I didn't know they had re-cast Lance.  I thought Eric Forrester was the only Lance Prentiss.  I also didn't know April had a twin.  When I was a kid, I remember a scary character who always wore a veil to hide a scarred face.  Was that Vanessa?  There wasn't much of Victor and Nikki in today's episode for Dysfunctional Co-Dependent Abusive Relationship Week.  This was a little too far in the way back machine.  We had no VCR at this time, so I only saw Y&R during summers and school breaks.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

^I think the Ron Perlman-esque guy was Lucas Prentiss without the beard.  I didn't know they had re-cast Lance.  I thought Eric Forrester was the only Lance Prentiss.  I also didn't know April had a twin.  When I was a kid, I remember a scary character who always wore a veil to hide a scarred face.  Was that Vanessa?  There wasn't much of Victor and Nikki in today's episode for Dysfunctional Co-Dependent Abusive Relationship Week.  This was a little too far in the way back machine.  We had no VCR at this time, so I only saw Y&R during summers and school breaks.  

I barely remember Vanessa, and I looked her up. She did get scarred in a fire Lucas started accidentally while rescuing Lance.  I remember the 2 Lances. The other one was portrayed by Dennis Cole. It's funny when I was watching 3's company reruns, the actors who played the two Lances were in separate episodes. 

I don't remember much about the Brooks sisters. Just that Leslie played the piano. and Lorie was with Victor. I remember Lorie coming back briefly not that long ago, and it was in 2002 in a storyline with Victor and Nikki.. Besides Lorie and Leslie, there were two other sisters, Chris and Peggy. Chris was with Snapper, Jill's brother. 

The Brooks' father Stuart was the one who had the affair with Dina which led to Theo. The Brooks sisters would be Theo's aunts. 

I got a VCR when I was 13 and was so happy to be able to record soaps. lol

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I got a VCR when I was 13 and was so happy to be able to record soaps. lol

I got a TV/VCR combo for Christmas in 2001. I wanted it to record Star Trek: Enterprise , but the soaps were a nice bonus. Unfortunately, we were poor AF and videos were expensive so the soaps got recorded over  after I watched. I'm so mad that I didn't keep the B&B episodes because this was right around the time the Deacon/Brooke affair was in full swing and ATWT was still worth tuning in for. I can now watch Enterprise at any time between Netflix and CBSAA but soap clips are way hard to come by.

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I got a TV/VCR combo for Christmas in 2001. I wanted it to record Star Trek: Enterprise , but the soaps were a nice bonus. Unfortunately, we were poor AF and videos were expensive so the soaps got recorded over  after I watched. I'm so mad that I didn't keep the B&B episodes because this was right around the time the Deacon/Brooke affair was in full swing and ATWT was still worth tuning in for. I can now watch Enterprise at any time between Netflix and CBSAA but soap clips are way hard to come by.

I was watching Y&R around this time. I remember Vanessa Prentess and her hatred for Laurie Brooks. Also, recast Lance by blonde Dennis Cole (Ex-husband of Jaclyn Smith) who had replaced John McCook. Bad recast which didn’t last too long. Eric Braden was really charming in the beginning. Now, not so much. That said, I have no idea who and what the storylines were for the girl in the bandages and the older couple who were (I think her....parents). I’m dying to watch the continuing saga tomorrow but I know I won’t because it’s a one shot deal. These storylines are gold. The poor people actually look poor whereas now everyone is basically rich looking even if they aren’t. The Bill Bell writing was so good then as were the soaps in the 70’s & 80’s. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 11

This was pretty much all new to me since I didn't really start with Y+R until Peter Bergman left AMC and showed up in GC.

I looked up the characters and was surprised to read that the April woman was the mother of Paul's daughter, Heather.

• Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

When I was a kid, I remember a scary character who always wore a veil to hide a scarred face.  Was that Vanessa?

Yes  That indeed was Vanessa Prentiss. 

12 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't remember much about the Brooks sisters. Just that Leslie played the piano. and Lorie was with Victor. I remember Lorie coming back briefly not that long ago, and it was in 2002 in a storyline with Victor and Nikki.. Besides Lorie and Leslie, there were two other sisters, Chris and Peggy. Chris was with Snapper, Jill's brother. 

Warning!!!!  Long post.

I remember this much about the Brooks sisters.  Please correct any wrong information.

Leslie was played by Janice Lynde and Victoria Mallory.  As a Stephen Sondheim fan, I knew Mallory played the original Anne in A Little Night Music.  She sadly died in 2014.  Leslie was a classical pianist and, believe it or not, Y&R used to air episodes of Leslie's concerts!  I remember loving Leslie's backless evening gowns. 

Lauralee "Lorie" Brooks was the vixen of the family. She's the character  I mentioned earlier named after the Bell's actual daughter, Lauralee a/k/a Christine "Cricket" Blair.  IIRC, Lorie was the first of Y&R's "One of these siblings is not like the others" and the result of an affair Jennifer Brooks had.  Leslie and Lorie Brooks were that old soap opera staple of two siblings in constant competition, who always fall in love with the same person which eventually leads to a pregnancy not by whomever the sibling is married to.

Chris Brooks was in love with and married Snapper Foster and "the" couple at the time.  I believe Chris was a reporter. Snapper was a doctor and Jill's brother.  They had another brother, Greg, who was Nikki's first husband.  I "think" Snapper's first name was actually William.  Snapper was first played by William Gray Espy and later replaced by David Hasselhoff.  David Kimble years later asking the plastic surgeon to make him look like Hasselhoff was an inside show joke.  IIRC a woman (nurse?) who worked with Snapper at the hospital (?) was also in love with him.  In typical soap fashion this woman became pregnant by Snapper.  Sadly at the moment I don't recall the woman's or child's name.  I'm sure someone does. LOL.

The only thing I remember about Peggy Brooks is she existed and was a pill.  She was that soap throwaway family member even the soap creator/writers forget and fades from view.  Sorta of like Greg Foster LOL.  However, please forgive me current Y&R viewers if either Greg of Peggy has made a comeback.  I see mention of a Brooks family member named Theo who might remember his long forgotten relative, Peggy.   

12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

We had no VCR at this time, so I only saw Y&R during summers and school breaks.  

Ah, the advent of VCR's!  Probably explains my gap in forgetting entire plotlines and characters.  Even though I was "watching" in truth I really wasn't because before VCR's you had to physically be there.  It also occurred to me that's why soaps used to be so generational.  The person who actually watched was the story teller who relayed the day's soap happenings to everyone else.  If that person self edited storylines they didn't cared about, who knew?   While Sunday newspapers did run weekly recaps, if the story teller skipped over bandaged lady's story, chances are people skipped over reading about those plotlines too.  

The early VCRs only could hold a limited amount of content compared to today.  You couldn't switch channels, limiting you to recording one network.  Anyone taping soaps would have to make a choice although back then most people stuck to one network.  For example I grew up in a CBS soap opera household.  VCR tapes were expensive!  Of course people taped over them.

Whew!  Watching old Y&R episodes has taken me further down memory lane then I expected.  I'm remembering things past of my own soap opera history and the women in my family who were the storytellers.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
11 hours ago, boes said:

This was pretty much all new to me since I didn't really start with Y+R until Peter Bergman left AMC and showed up in GC.

I looked up the characters and was surprised to read that the April woman was the mother of Paul's daughter, Heather.

I remembered April, and Heather had to have been born already.  I'm pretty sure Paul was dating Nikki when April got knocked up, and he and Nikki joined the New World cult shortly after that.  That was all before she started dancing at the Bayou. It's weird...my DVR said this episode aired in 1981, but not long after that, maybe by 1982 or 1983, the Brooks and Prentiss families were phased out in favor of the Newmans and Abbotts, and the show started to look more like what it is now. (Well, not *now*, but you know what I mean.)  This episode was almost like watching a different show.   

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Was Nikki really to be buried in a wedding dress?  Da fuq? 🤣

I'm guessing this was a fantasy sequence?

I started watching in earnest around this time and one of the most memorable storylines was when Nikki thought she was dying and Victor, who was affairing it up with Ashley, cooled things off with Ashley to be there for Nikki.

FF a few months later and Nikki learns she's not dying after all and races home to tell Victor, only to see him in an embrace with Ashley (consoling the about-to-be-merry-widower, I'm sure), and decided not only was she not going to tell him, she was going to play the part of the dying wife to the hilt.

To the point of having samples of caskets, fabric swatches included, delivered to the house so Victor could help her decide.

I can't recall when during this that Victor found out the truth and pretended not to know that she was faking but he did and it was EPIC.

Equally epic?

The hair Nikki and Ashley sported.

YR_RB_20200505.jpg

And seeing ED back then reminds me of the ridiculous rumor that she used to be a man. Anyone else remember that?

Elsewhere, I loved seeing Terry Lester (RIP) again. I love PB, but I've always missed the original Smiling Jack. Especially his chemistry with JD's John.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

And seeing ED back then reminds me of the ridiculous rumor that she used to be a man. Anyone else remember that?

YES!!!  My first exposure to ED was as Kristin in Days and I fricking could NOT stand her!  But yes I totally remember that rumor.  🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't remember a damn thing about this Ellen person which explains why, until today, I never knew Dennis Haysbert was on Y&R.

Sheltering in place has made me covet Michael Damian's thick, glorious, perfectly 80's coiffed, hair. 

Nikki's casket dream was a hoot!  

Terry Lester!!!!!  Y&R really did raid the vaults.  Such a pleasure to see him again.  I liked Peter Bergman's Jack but seeing Lester again reminded me deep down, Terry Lester was always Real Jack for me.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Can we sit together and watch more current epis on YT...I'll scootch over...

I made some sweet and spicy pecans yesterday. I'll bring those and some avocados for quac. Anybody want to bring some chips?

• Love 9

Yeah, I was kind of lost today with some of the actors. I obviously wasn’t watching back then but my husband walked through the room and said “Hey-it’s the insurance guy!” Had to laugh at Nikki’s hair and also Ashley’s but Ellen’s hair was really cute on her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was a year old when the episode aired. I know no one but Victor/Nikki and his man butler. Vanessa and April and blah blah I don't care. 

Seeing Terry Lester in the role of Jack shocked me a bit. I know he was like the original Jack and PB took over after he left. What I didn't realize is how similar the two actors look. I thought for a second it was PB but the hair was all wrong, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

I remember this much about the Brooks sisters.  Please correct any wrong information.

Everything looks right to me. Thanks for adding to the information.

Chris Brooks was in love with and married Snapper Foster and "the" couple at the time. 

My mother was a fan of theirs She enjoyed their wedding.

In typical soap fashion this woman became pregnant by Snapper.  Sadly at the moment I don't recall the woman's or child's name.  I'm sure someone does. LOL.

Chuckie was the child. That name came to me. I had to look up the mother. Sally McGuire.  I must've heard it from my mother. I have an old Y and R book I got years ago. It might have been in that. 

Snapper and Greg came back in 2003 and 2010 in Jill and Liz storylines. 

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I do. There's something on the Snopes site about this. ED said Tula, a transgender model, was on Donahue, and people thought that was her. It was an awful rumor.

51 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I don't remember a damn thing about this Ellen person which explains why, until today, I never knew Dennis Haysbert was on Y&R.

I don't remember any of this either. I know who DH is. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, boes said:

Gosh, you missed Terry Lester.  Loved his incarnation of Jack.  Pleasantly surprised to see him on this episode, which I recorded for Nikki's shenanigans.  

Nikki's dream sequence was hilarious!  Of course, she imagines Ashley as the brazen interloper of her marriage who Victor has little trouble turning away after Nikki "dies".  I couldn't stop laughing. Based on Victor's comment at the end of the episode, I'm guessing this was after he found out she was faking?  

Fun to see Katherine again with her eyes on the full-speed-ahead setting.  

Does anyone remember what year Tyrone Jackson married Alana?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I was a year old when the episode aired. I know no one but Victor/Nikki and his man butler.

I just quickly scanned this and thought it said 'man butter' and I nearly gagged!

• LOL 10

Terry Lester's Jack. UO: meh.

Why was Christine living at the Chancellor Estate? One would think Kay would've had the place regularly fumigated for bugs. 😼

Hmm, was Phillip III supposed to be some kind of low rent Tom Cruise? Seems like DAYS had a character like that too. Didn't age well, IMO.

Ditto comment upthread, I did not know Dennis Haysbert was on Y&R either. 🤔

So I guess this was after Dina skipped out on John and her kids if John was thinking about marrying some chick.

The set that I guess is the Newman ranch in this episode is the same one that was Vanessa Prentiss' house yesterday. Did Vanessa live on a ranch?

ED was so gorgeous but those eyebrows. Oy vey. Somewhere Groucho Marx must've been pointing and laughing.

If Nikki had been supposedly dead for months why was she still lying in repose? Victor must've paid for leading edge embalming, lol. What a bizarre dream. And who wants a guy who only proves his love for you after you're dead?

Nikki and that baby voice. I cannot. And Victor with his macho machinations. Ugh. Those two have always deserved each other, it seems.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Terry Lester's Jack. UO: meh.

Nope, you’re not the only one.  At first I thought it was Roark Chritchlow (sp?).  But I knew he would have been a lot younger than that in 1987.  And then when I realized it was Terry Lester, the guy that so many seem to drool over, I was like hmmmmm...🤔.   

Another thought that came across my mind today, was MTS pregnant in real life or had she recently give birth?  Her face looked fuller than usual in a prego kind of way.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am so jealous of you all right now. CBS All Access? STILL not showing the vintage episodes.

I'm impressed they went that far back (81, 82?) this must have been shortly after the show went to an hour. I was telling my other half that I seriously doubted they would go later back than the Nikki/Victor wedding as it would begin to look like another show. That said, impressed Terry Lester's Jack was able to be seen. 

I sometimes wonder if a composite, edited episode would be a good idea? Yes, it would require paying staff some editing FTE, but I bet folks would--for instance--LOVE older Y&R with Paul & Nikki.....or Jill and Katherine.....but not have the distractions of figuring out who this Dorothy or Barbara person is? Like 3 weeks storylines of just some characters from the past? Brooks are a special category, especially as now Theo is related to them (btw: if you don't think current viewers fill in the gaps on a retcon? A buddy of mine on furlough recently came out of the closet as a Y&R viewer...he texted me. His theory who that blonde baby Liz Fister was holding at the Victor/Nikki wedding episode? Dylan!!!!) Although, on second though, maybe edited storyline episodes aren't the way to go--sometimes half the fun is seeing how many subplots are no longer current characters!

The old school dark lighting? I'm so jealous! 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

I am so jealous of you all right now. CBS All Access? STILL not showing the vintage episodes.

I'm impressed they went that far back (81, 82?) this must have been shortly after the show went to an hour. I was telling my other half that I seriously doubted they would go later back than the Nikki/Victor wedding as it would begin to look like another show. That said, impressed Terry Lester's Jack was able to be seen. 

I sometimes wonder if a composite, edited episode would be a good idea? Yes, it would require paying staff some editing FTE, but I bet folks would--for instance--LOVE older Y&R with Paul & Nikki.....or Jill and Katherine.....but not have the distractions of figuring out who this Dorothy or Barbara person is? Like 3 weeks storylines of just some characters from the past? Brooks are a special category, especially as now Theo is related to them (btw: if you don't think current viewers fill in the gaps on a retcon? A buddy of mine on furlough recently came out of the closet as a Y&R viewer...he texted me. His theory who that blonde baby Liz Fister was holding at the Victor/Nikki wedding episode? Dylan!!!!) Although, on second though, maybe edited storyline episodes aren't the way to go--sometimes half the fun is seeing how many subplots are no longer current characters!

The old school dark lighting? I'm so jealous! 

Are you not able to get over the air access?  Like with an antenna?  That’s how I watch it in my bedroom, I don’t have cable in there, but I am able to pick up CBS and ABC.  

• Useful 4

His theory who that blonde baby Liz Fister was holding at the Victor/Nikki wedding episode? Dylan!!!!)

If he knows about Dylan and his backstory then he should know Dylan would be older than that baby Liz was holding. That child was definitely Victoria, born during Nikki's second marriage and named after her second husband's grandmother. Not Victor. A detail Show keeps expecting longtime viewers to have forgotten so it can put forth the notion that Victoria is Victor's namesake. (Victoria is Victor's kid though.)

Are you not able to get over the air access?  Like with an antenna?  That’s how I watch it in my bedroom, I don’t have cable in there, but I am able to pick up CBS and ABC.  

Yes, I pick it up OTA too. But with these vintage episodes that CBS isn't putting up on their main site, if you happen to miss the live airing you're probably out of luck. I have a recorder that handles OTA broadcasts but occasionally it goes hinky too. I guess then I'd just miss out on the particular episode. CBS doesn't appear to give a crap about their loyal Y&R viewers.😒

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why was Christine living at the Chancellor Estate?

Was this when she was involved with young Philip?

So I guess this was after Dina skipped out on John and her kids if John was thinking about marrying some chick.

I think Dina was gone before the Abbots came on the show.

1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Another thought that came across my mind today, was MTS pregnant in real life or had she recently give birth?  

Probably so. That would've been the right time. 

2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Does anyone remember what year Tyrone Jackson married Alana?  

I remember the character, but I had to look it up. He came to town in 1984.  An African American who posed as white to infiltrate the mob. He married the mobster's daughter and had to tell her he was black. Not one of the better storylines even though he was played by a great actor, Phil Morris, whose father was actor Greg Morris. This was how Nathan Sr was introduced. He was called Kong. There was also a man named Jazz, Tyrone's brother.

• Love 7

Was this when she was involved with young Philip?

I dunno, it sounded like she was involved with Danny but they were on a "break." Phillip appeared to be crushing on her but it didn't seem to me like she had romantic feelings for him. Either way, I still don't get why she'd be living in the mansion. Didn't she have her own family?

• Love 3

I’ve always had a crush on Dennis Haysbert since his appearance in Major League as Pedro Cerrano.  When he first walked out in nothing but a jockstrap.............  Now that’s a MAN’S body. Never knew he was on Y&R.  

When Ashley walked out in that half dress and that big hair, she looked like she belonged on Cheap Ho’s R Us.  IMHO, she wasn’t nearly as pretty then as she is later in the show. She’s aged very well.

What is it with Vic and his constantly saying his lines looking at the floor.  He rarely looks anyone in the eye.  It’s a routine that’s never worked over all these years.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Who was the girl with bandages all over her face on the episode they showed the other day?

Do you remember Paul's daughter Heather Stevens?  She was a lawyer who was involved with Adam for a while (Michael Muney's Adam), and then with Daniel?  (She was played by a few different people, so I can't name one of them).  Anyway, her mother April had a twin sister that her parents gave up for adoption.  The girl with the bandages was the twin, so she's Heather's aunt.

Cricket was not living at Katherine's.  She said she and Philip had been playing tennis and she took a shower afterwards.

Seeing Matt Miller for two minutes made it worth watching.  And Terry Lester was not at his best today, but he was pretty great in the role in earlier years.  It struck me how much he and Billy Miller could have passed for brothers.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I dunno, it sounded like she was involved with Danny but they were on a "break." Phillip appeared to be crushing on her but it didn't seem to me like she had romantic feelings for him. Either way, I still don't get why she'd be living in the mansion. Didn't she have her own family?

She was introduced as a model at Jabot with the photographer being her uncle. I don't remember much about him. I think he was just a way to introduce the wonderful Cricket. lol

Her parents were on the show. Her mother was dying of AIDS when AIDS was starting to happen. She married John Abbott. 

Her father was played by that guy who's in a lot of stuff, John O'Hurley. He was portrayed by another actor too. He had his own storyline with Nikki and made peace with Cricket's mother before she died. John gave her a divorce so Cricket's parents could remarry. I don't know if it was in the same scene, but she died shortly afterwards. I guess this was supposed to be heartwarming. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I know one of the Heathers was Jennifer Landon, Michael Landon's daughter. She was on As the World Turns too.

I think she was the last Heather, the one who moved to Savannah with Daniel. 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I know one of the Heathers was Jennifer Landon, Michael Landon's daughter. She was on As the World Turns too.

Val Bloom had the longest tenure as Heather, I think.  That's the one we used to call Man Hands, for obvious reasons.

She could have cracked walnuts with those appendages.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought I would enjoy these but I'm not...alas...

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, aside from Nictor's wedding, I'm really not either.

If the TIIC had chosen a vintage SL to play out from beginning to end,  with a preamble to set up the episode and explain the characters involved, then the quarantine Show would make sense and have context for viewers new and old.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

If the TIIC had chosen a vintage SL to play out from beginning to end,  with a preamble to set up the episode and explain the characters involved, then the quarantine Show would make sense and have context for viewers new and old.

I would have voted for (a.) Jack and Jill at the cabin, and the subsequent blackmail by Lindsay; (b.) the saga of David Kimball and Nina; (c.) the George and Cassandra Rawlins mystery.

I watch an Italian soap, and that's how they're doing it.   One of their popular couples separated shortly before the new episodes ended.  When the repeats began, they picked up at the point where the two first met about 8 years ago, and they've been airing consecutively.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Plot contrivance was contrived. How could Cricket possibly have been equipped to help Phillip stop drinking? It couldn't have been her mere presence.

I would think she'd make some people drink more.

• LOL 13
6 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I would have voted for (a.) Jack and Jill at the cabin, and the subsequent blackmail by Lindsay; (b.) the saga of David Kimball and Nina; (c.) the George and Cassandra Rawlins mystery.

Katherine making the puzzle out of Lindsay's photos was one of my favorite stories back then.  I don't know how I forgot about David Kimble but I can still picture him waking up to find KILLER on his forehead, lol.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

There sure were a lot...lot...lot....of echoes.....echoes......echoes......in today's flashback. 

I don't know the background of Nikki and Victor's storyline but I'm just as uninterested in their past....past....past....as I've been in their present....present.....present....and future.....future....future.....

Nikki has gotten better with age.  Victor....hasn't...hasn't......hasn't.......

I do think it would have been an interesting decorating choice to have a coffin in the main room at the Raunch.  Nikki could have slept off her Drinki episodes there without attempting the stairs and Victor could have installed a drinks cabinet on the side, tossed in a few more pillows and reclined there to watch some television.  Great catch-all for mail, keys, ransom notes, Jagabbott and billyboy voodoo dolls, all sorts of things.

This was my first time seeing Terry Lester in anything longer than the briefest of clips and I really enjoyed him.  The guy seemed like he was shifty even when he was doing a good thing but I liked the self-aware smarm, too.   He and John seemed to be as believable father and son as he and Peter Bergman were.

Cricket was just as much a know it all in the early days as she was later.  I'm sort of surprised Katherine didn't toss that bouquet right at her as she kept disagreeing with her. 

I loved the bouffant on Danny and while Thom Bierdz wasn't a great actor, he was always easy on the eyes.

It sure was nice to spend as much time as we did in the Katherine's living room and the Abbott Mansion.

24 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I would think she'd make some people drink more.

Agreed.  She made me wonder if I still had that airplane bottle of vodka in my desk drawer.....I didn't.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

That’s what’s I think as well. Random two epis here and there and not enough to hold interest.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought I would enjoy these but I'm not...alas...

Unfortunately, neither am I.

The novelty of seeing Terry Lester again...for a few minutes, okay. Seeing Jerry Douglas...for a few minutes, okay. Cricket, shit no.

And yes, hasn't ED aged well? Those eyebrows had a life of their own, like caterpillars, and the perm'd hair pile-up, argh.

Then I hit pause and erase.

I swear I'd watch zoom episodes, just for something new.

Edited by pearlite
no one washes zoom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

I swear I'd watch zoom episodes, just for something new.

Now that would have been an innovative way to keep the show moving forward! But...given how little creativity TIIC are, they lack whatever ingenuity would be required to set this up. But yeah, it's a great idea! I mean, if SNL can manage to find a way to put together live Zoom shows that are high quality, and late night shows can manage to do it, and American Idol FFS can manage to add a full band to do background for contestants, then Y&R could do this. But again, MWTs, too busy flinging shit at the wall to be bothered to figure a work around.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Nikki strips at The Colonnade Room. 

I remember posting about this a month or so ago in the Retro thread and here it is. Jack calmly picking up her discarded dress and accessories will never not be comedy gold. 

I enjoyed seeing Original Recipe Nate again and a very young Dru. Could not stand Holivia (for holier-than-thou-Olivia). And I liked Original Recipe Mamie so much better. 

BE's Ashley was SO young. And obviously gorgeous. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Nikki strips at The Colonnade Room. 

I remember posting about this a month or so ago in the Retro thread and here it is. Jack calmly picking up her discarded dress and accessories will never not be comedy gold. 

I enjoyed seeing Original Recipe Nate again and a very young Dru. Could not stand Holivia (for holier-than-thou-Olivia). And I liked Original Recipe Mamie so much better. 

BE's Ashley was SO young. And obviously gorgeous. 

And the hair! Oh, dear lord.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2