Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sigh, why does Traci have to be so nice? Her being gracious to Phyllis makes no sense to me.

Don't remember all the history, but Traci's daughter (Colleen) was best friends with Lily.  Lily was dating (maybe married?) Phyllis' son Daniel.  So maybe Colleen and Daniel were friends, so Traci is nice to Phyllis for that reason.

Then again, Traci sang with Danny (Daniel's father) and Phyllis was scheming to get Danny to get her pregnant and marry her. Not sure how/if Traci was involved in that situation.  You would think maybe she hated Phyllis at that time.

Anyone else that wants to correct or provide more details, I'd appreciate it.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

"Newmans gonna Newman."  That was classic!  I kinda loved Mariah and Tessa today, especially their tag-team take-down of Theo.  I almost felt sorry for him, but hated that mocking Theo implicitly props up Kyle and Summer.

So it sounds like the writers have no freaking clue what happened in Kansas all those years ago.  It's exactly like the very long drawn-out story of what happened with Chance and Adam in Las Vegas that turned out to be a vague and boring non-story.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

In the real world, putting off Sharon’s surgery a few days is irresponsible. Every day gives the cancer another day to spread.  

The fact that Banana Breath is foaming at the mouth gives me the rush of a handful of jelly beans.  Banana Breath, you dumb shit, you really expect Phyllis to keep this a secret. The fastest way of communicating is telephone, telegraph, and tell Phyllis (old joke).  Phyllis is going to try to out Adam but like Olive Oyl, Phyllis doesn’t realize that there will be repercussions.  

Abby another dumb shit, like NE, Adam is also one of Victor’s children.  And then there is Phyllis, she actually thinks that Chance could rat Adam out without ratting himself out. Abby, that’s why they erased everything in the first place.  Now Abby wants Chance to out Adam once again and she gives him the cold shoulder because he’s not really on board to do so. 

Olive Oyl, Banana Breath, now Abby is all hell’s bells, peddle to the medial, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead to sink Adam regardless of the consequences. 

Mariah and Tessa tag teaming Theo is a thing of beauty. Great line Mariah “Theo promoting love is like the grinch promoting Christmas” 😂😂

TIIC are dragging out the story of what happened in Kansas and milking it for all it’s worth. So now Nikki knows but we don’t but now that Nikki sees the light and how devastating it is, she will stand by Victor.  Not only is Victor covering up for the killer, Alyssa is probably also Victor’s daughter. I would laugh if Alyssa is Adam’s twin sister. 

I’m sick and tired of Phyllis’ acting. Every scene is OTT with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

"Newmans gonna Newman."  That was classic!  I kinda loved Mariah and Tessa today, especially their tag-team take-down of Theo.  I almost felt sorry for him, but hated that mocking Theo implicitly props up Kyle and Summer.

So it sounds like the writers have no freaking clue what happened in Kansas all those years ago.  It's exactly like the very long drawn-out story of what happened with Chance and Adam in Las Vegas that turned out to be a vague and boring non-story.

I loved that line, too!

I actually DID feel sorry for Theo.  I don't know, it just wasn't fun for me to see him get beat down by those two, even though I know Theo probably deserved some of it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I loved that line, too!

I actually DID feel sorry for Theo.  I don't know, it just wasn't fun for me to see him get beat down by those two, even though I know Theo probably deserved some of it. 

Same, it's the whole underdog thing. It felt cruel. Like kicking a puppy. I can't help it, I feel sorry for dimwitted Theo. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Same, it's the whole underdog thing. It felt cruel. Like kicking a puppy. I can't help it, I feel sorry for dimwitted Theo. 

More like crushing a scorpion with your boot heel. It gotta' be done if you don't want to get stung.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Whoa! Who was wearing the Beast costumes and who got shot? I didn't watch back then. I recognized Lauren, Paul, Victor, Victoria, Jill, Esther and Mrs. C. Who else was there? I'm dying to know!

Danny was shot.  I remembered some of this but had to fill in the gaps.....I turned to Wikipedia and it all came flooding back to me!  Here is what was written there:

Though the much younger Cricket Blair (Lauralee Bell), now using her given name Christine, had previously been just a kid in Danny's eyes, the two began to date and fell in love. Cricket's recently widowed best friend, Nina Chancellor (Tricia Cast), was being pursued by David Kimble (Michael Corbett). Danny and Christine were convinced that he was a gold digger after her inheritance, and they tried to interfere with their relationship. David then set Danny up to be arrested on cocaine possession. The setup was exposed at his trial. Danny was acquitted, but David was never implicated. In 1990, Danny and Christine got married in a lavish Hawaiian wedding and honeymoon; Nina and David stood up for them. With secret motives, David went so far as to attempt to murder Christine and Nina at a masquerade ball while he wore the same costume as Danny. He was set on inheriting Nina's wealth. Detective Paul Williams (Doug Davidson) foiled the plot in time, and David ended up being crushed to death in a trash compactor in 1991.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Whoa! Who was wearing the Beast costumes and who got shot? I didn't watch back then. I recognized Lauren, Paul, Victor, Victoria, Jill, Esther and Mrs. C. Who else was there? I'm dying to know!

Jack 😍.  And Nina was Bo Peep.  Dru and Neil and I think that was Malcolm maybe and his wife?  

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Was Drinki Marilyn Monroe? I only caught a glimpse because I was outside gardening and came in late.

No, Jack said she wasn’t there.  He was with Jill as his date but only as a “stand in,” from what I understood.  Victor asked Jack where his wife was and he said she was away or something.  I had to do a LOT of rewinding today because I have it on while I’m working and usually it doesn’t need my undivided attention.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

No, Jack said she wasn’t there.  He was with Jill as his date but only as a “stand in,” from what I understood.  Victor asked Jack where his wife was and he said she was away or something.  I had to do a LOT of rewinding today because I have it on while I’m working and usually it doesn’t need my undivided attention.  

Ah, the whispery voice threw me off. Too bad, I really wanted to see how they would costume her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Ah, the whispery voice threw me off. Too bad, I really wanted to see how they would costume her.

Speaking of costumes....I was kind of shocked at how “scantily clad” Jill was.  But the more I think about it, I feel like soaps were way more “risqué” back in the day than they are now.  I mean, yes, I was a kid in the 80’s so of course anything sexy was naughty, but think about how many love scenes there used to be.  All the lingerie and satin sheets. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Was Drinki Marilyn Monroe? I only caught a glimpse because I was outside gardening and came in late.

I think, from the links jewel posted, it may have been Cricket. With amplification... but I'm guessing.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Speaking of costumes....I was kind of shocked at how “scantily clad” Jill was.  But the more I think about it, I feel like soaps were way more “risqué” back in the day than they are now.  I mean, yes, I was a kid in the 80’s so of course anything sexy was naughty, but think about how many love scenes there used to be.  All the lingerie and satin sheets. 🤣

I was shocked to see Esther do that little routine. I had no idea she had it in her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Kimboweena said:

Then again, Traci sang with Danny (Daniel's father) and Phyllis was scheming to get Danny to get her pregnant and marry her.

That was when Cricket and Danny were dating. I think Traci is just a nice person which is rare for a soap.

David Kimble was a memorable villain. Not only did he get crushed by a trash contractor, he was going to run off and wanted a plastic surgeon to make him look like David Hasselhoff(whos used to be on Y and R).  Instead, the plastic surgeon carved killer on his forehead and left while David was knocked out on anesthesia. 

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

In 1990, Danny and Christine got married in a lavish Hawaiian wedding and honeymoon

Is this when Phyllis put an octopus in their bed? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Jack 😍.  And Nina was Bo Peep.  Dru and Neil and I think that was Malcolm maybe and his wife?  

The man with Olivia was her husband Nathan, father of Nate. He later died of HIV. ( the character, not the actor )

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PatsyandEddie said:

The man with Olivia was her husband Nathan, father of Nate. He later died of HIV. ( the character, not the actor )

Nathan worked as a PI with Paul. Has there been a scene with Paul and Nate? They could talk about Nathan, Sr. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

"Everybody Ought to Have a Maid" is an old song I remembered and just Wiki'd -- its from 1962 Broadway show "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" -- so its not 1990s "old" but 1960s "old" !!  And it was adorably done by Esther.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Was that the famous Colonnade Room?

Wow, Neil had quite a pair of areolae, huh? He could've picked up satellite reception with those saucers. 😉

Holly Hollywood. Was there a trademark on Marilyn Monroe's name?

Jill killed it as Cleopatra! Her body was bangin. And Kay was perfect as the Queen of Hearts.

Hot dayum, Brad as Zorro? Swoon!

Looked like Mamie was a third wheel with John and Leanna Love. Hmm.

The Roman Conqueror. They couldn't just call him Julius Caesar? Oh wait, Caesar got shivved to death on the Ides of March. Victor probably refused to be associated with that loser. 😑

Lol, Dru was Cardi B before Cardi B was a thing. Literally. (Cardi wasn't born until 1992.)

Esther had nice legs. I didn't realize the actress was a dancer.

Gina singing This Masquerade. Okay. On target.

GCU's theater department must have made quite a bundle whipping up all those costumes. 🙄

I think one unfortunate thing these classic episodes are doing is reminding the audience how cheap Y&R is now. Even Victor's 50th (😒) anniversary wasn't this elaborate.

• Love 15

I had no idea Nathan Purdee was on Y&R! I only knew him from OLTL so color me surprised to see him on today's episode. Or the 5 minutes we got of it anyway. Firs Cuomo spoke for 30 minutes, then then the NJ governor checked in for 25..  I mean why even bother with Y&R at that point?

• Love 7

Oh, how I missed David Kimble, Mamie, Leanna Love, Ryan, John Silva, Young Tracy and Brad, and Sheila. And awwww, how adorable were Neil and Dru?

How I did NOT miss Gina singing at us every third episode, Scotty, Paul Williams' meddling mother Mary, Nina Webster and that stupid bug Cricket, and that Basset Hound Lynn. Danny and Cricket together are just completely nauseating. Too bad Phyllis didn't hit THEM with a car.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Trash compactor??? Was the wood chipper not available?

Now they just limply swing a poker of flip someone down the stairs.

The only thing better than Hope killing loan shark guy would be if he fathered twins and Prick bought the boy when he and Hopes kid died.  Of course they finally have an Adam who looks like Prick - but it would make sense. It always seemed not very Victorlike to let another man raise his BOY>his SON yougothtat! Oh Adam finding out he's not a Newman. Yipes. No that might be good... and Nikki would be happier.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I had forgotten Sheila was on Y&R during the mask ball years. I thought she was later. Everyone looks great and sooooooo young. Don Diamont looks awesome as Zorro. I miss the big budget years so much. You never even gave it a second thought that the soaps had a big budget but even then it was still smaller than prime time. Even, on Halloween which I think only GH does now is done on their tiny set and everyone dressed pretty much in Disney attire.

The Y&R masked ball was so glamorous. I watched it when it first aired but I had forgotten a lot of the storylines and the current cast members like Heather Tom who was really young (only 16) and had to carry all that hair around. Good times! 

• Love 15

The masked ball reminds me of the Nurses Ball on GH.  Great costumes and stage sets.  I had no idea Jill had such a killer body.

Here’s an idea that might make sense considering that Y&R and B&B don’t have many new shows to broadcast.  How about bringing back oldies but goodies like Another World, Santa Barbara and others?  Monday and Tuesday they could show Y&R and then on the other days they could show Another World, etc.  At least that would stretch the new shows a bit further.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2020 at 12:09 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

and David ended up being crushed to death in a trash compactor in 1991.

Why can't this happen to SyPhyllis?!? She could get crushed the same way, except while dumpster humping...

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Mariah is gorgeous but so pale, so pale. And I say this as someone who has always looked for the shady spots while outside. 

Ha!  My bestie and I call her Casper.  

I’m questioning myself because I like Theo and find him more attractive than Kyle.  I’m Team Theo and today I wanted to punch both Kyle and Summer and their smug faces.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Ha!  My bestie and I call her Casper.  

I’m questioning myself because I like Theo and find him more attractive than Kyle.  I’m Team Theo and today I wanted to punch both Kyle and Summer and their smug faces.  

I know what you mean.  I'm not Team Theo, just not that fond of sentient Crisco, but while I can't stand Theo, right now I loathe Kyle and Dummer as much if not more.  Smug and stupid are not a winning combo.

So punch away!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

Ugh, Kyle and Summer swaddled in 1000 thread count smugness. Barf. 😝

Nice of Lola to call and wish Theo good luck on his presentation. Guess they really are friends, or at least she's his.

So now Amanda is going to Nate's job just to flirt? Ehhhhh. IMO she should not be looking so thirsty, especially since she hasn't even taken him for a test drive.

I don't feel like Jack was capable of being objective about that "competition" between Kyle and Theo. He knew Kyle would always have an historical knowledge advantage, and that Theo would feel like he had things to prove besides the ability to create a groundbreaking marketing plan.

Faith, not only does Victor not have a British accent, he hasn't spoken that clearly in 20 years. 😼

Is it me or is Kyle's head shaped like a d!ck? And not in a good way. 😒

Theo, what you meant to say was, "Let him (or her) among you who is without sin cast the first stone," not "All you Abbotts have been shady at one time or another."

Wow, Jack really wussed out. 🐔💩

Heh, Billy looking at Amanda with Nate like, "So what am I, chopped liver?" Nate better get busy before Billy uses his inside track with Amanda.

Poor Dina, reduced to being Theo's sounding board. At least he realized his mistake, I guess. Hope he doesn't get banned from the Abbott manse too. Kyle could be just that petty.

Heh, Billy looking at Amanda across the room like she's the entire dessert cart. Aw, Amanda, we see you trying to be coy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Yes, Sharon it’s surgery and not a night out on the town. Make-up, nail polish, and jewelry is not requires. I don’t get the special soap though. Between your shower and surgery there will be germs.  Heath care proxies are standard but to insure your wishes are carried out, Sharon should have a living will or even a DNR.  I enjoyed the pre-op party mainly because of Faith, Mariah, and Tessa.  

Olive Oly gave Nostrils the 411 on the possibility of a story to regain her CEO chair but is there going to be a NE when she gets there.  Nostrils all of a sudden has scruples and is pondering if it should be published.  

Banana Breath, Faith is already a great actor and continuously makes you look like a hack. 

Theo is fired!  Live by 🐂💩 die by 🐂💩.  In the late 1800’s, Theo would be a snake oil salesmen.  In the 70’s he would be lounge lizard in a polyester leisure suit. 

Summer and Kyle are just a younger version but equally as deplorable as Phyllis and Banana Breath.  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 9

Kyle and Summer are really gross.  Doesn't she have her own job to do?  How can she be attached to Kyle's hip (or some other body part) all day every day?  I also don't understand why Jack thought that the best way for Kyle and Theo to put aside their differences was to pit them against each other.  Maybe a collaborative project would have been the better approach? 

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I was pleasantly surprised that Kyle and summer figured out what Theo had planned but was really hoping Kyle would be the better person and agree to give Theo another chance to screw up. And Theo, you were never an Abbot. And you never will be an Abbot.  Also, telling jack that you were set up is just an admission of guilt. But what happened to Kendra? And how did they figure out the plan?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Ugh.  Nobody should have to listen to Kyle give a stilted speech about honor and ethics, ever.  

I dislike Theo a lot, but I would have been very happy to see him smack Kyle on the top of his penis head and flatten that ridiculous mile high pompadour.  I know it would have made him burst into tears.  Oh Jack, if only you'd had a child who lived.

Seems the GC kitchen cooked up a lot more servings of their famous Passive Aggressive Cherries Julilee! today, since both Sharon and ButtBiscuit, in separate scenes were dishing it out like the potato salad at one of my family's Dubuque wedding receptions.  "No really, I've HAD ENOUGH, thank you".

ButtBiscuit forced Lily to drag out of him, with everything but an "Aww shucks, Ma'am" how he was just so conflicted over the Newman story.  Uh huh, sure, "conflicted", ButtBiscuit.  Lily should have cut those scenes short by kicking him in the balls and shoving her fingers up his nose till he quit talking.

Sharon, nobody in their right mind believes you don't want everyone dancing attendance and querying what they can do for you.  OF COURSE what you're going through tomorrow deserves a lot of love and caring and attention but you're so hot and cold and up and down and back and forth I'm surprised everyone doesn't huddle in the doorway for a quick escape.

It was all worth it, though, just to see Faith impersonate Victor.  Now do Nick!

Oh yeah, WHY was Dummer there today?  Wasn't this a competition between Kyle and Theo?  Why was she there and why did Jack allow it?

Besides, shouldn't she be at the pond frolicking with the other ducks?  

A gift basket from Phyllis?  Seriously?  10 will get you 20 she put itching powder in the soap.   I've never seen Phyllis be sympathetic to anyone other than herself and the guy who does dumpster duty.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17

Sharon, nobody in their right mind believes you don't want everyone dancing attendance and querying what they can do for you.  OF COURSE what you're going through tomorrow deserves a lot of love and caring and attention but you're so hot and cold and up and down and back and forth I'm surprised everyone doesn't huddle in the doorway for a quick escape.

I was all ready to see who Rey was going to impersonate. Imagine my disappointment when all I got was Sharon whispering a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter and never will matter to Banana Breath. Rey could have done the best impression of Barbra Streisand anyone has ever seen and we missed it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I initially felt sad, too, about the way Theo was treated.  On the other hand........Theo handled that whole thing wrong (shocking, I know!).

First of all, it was a lame set up.  It was supposed to be what they were working on, so why didn't Summer and Kyle put out false factoids or something, to throw Theo off his game?  And if Theo thought that was what they were presenting, why would he copy it?  The idea, I thought, was for him to know what direction they were going, maybe take a couple of ideas or something.  Oh well, lame as it was, it worked.  Secondly, it was lame of Theo to just completely use the exact presentation that Summer and Kyle put out there!  What an idiot!  The idea is to read it and and maybe abscond with a few of the ideas, make them your own.  As much as I felt badly for Theo, in the end, he deserved to be fired for being so stupid! 

I'm really enjoying Lily.  She's not taking any of Billy's BS, at least for now.  Those knowing looks between Amanda and Billy were a little too much for me........

• Love 10

I'm really enjoying Lily.  She's not taking any of Billy's BS, at least for now.  Those knowing looks between Amanda and Billy were a little too much for me........

I don't care what happens between Hillary 2.0 and Nostrils. Just please, NO Bily.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I initially felt sad, too, about the way Theo was treated.  On the other hand........Theo handled that whole thing wrong (shocking, I know!).

First of all, it was a lame set up.  It was supposed to be what they were working on, so why didn't Summer and Kyle put out false factoids or something, to throw Theo off his game?  And if Theo thought that was what they were presenting, why would he copy it?  The idea, I thought, was for him to know what direction they were going, maybe take a couple of ideas or something.  Oh well, lame as it was, it worked.  Secondly, it was lame of Theo to just completely use the exact presentation that Summer and Kyle put out there!  What an idiot!  The idea is to read it and and maybe abscond with a few of the ideas, make them your own.  As much as I felt badly for Theo, in the end, he deserved to be fired for being so stupid!

There are a range of distinctions when it comes to cheating and plagiarism. A personal favourite that all instructors/professors meet up with far too often is "stupid plagiarism." This is the lazy or not too bright student copying/pasting some crap from a far too obvious website and not even bothering to paraphrase any of it. It's especially dumb because all universities have built-in tracing applications that catch this stuff in seconds--or as we used to do, we could always just punch a word string into Google.

All I thought when the Theo thing unrolled was, "boy, are you dumb." Leaving aside the baiting aspect, there was our Theo, sitting, fidgeting in a restaurant, not actually doing the research. His first impulse was toward expediency--find a confederate and [wow, stupid] and hope nobody notices. Ummm, hon, had you expended one-tenth of the energy on doing some work that you spent going sideways...

And then the writers play the sympathy card and set our poor widdle misunderstood guy in the Abbott living room, soliloquizing in front of sad, unhearing Dina. A thousand violins play in the distance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I loved all the costumes at the masquerade ball.  I recognized a lot of characters, was surprised that I recognized some like Nina and the Bug.  And I recognized Danny Romalotti by his high pitched effeminate voice.  Jill looked great as Cleopatra.  I also got a kick out of Ashley as Jeannie and Lauren as Marie Antoinette.  Question, who was Katherine's Henry VIII?  I wasn't watching back then so don't know who this was.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:41 PM, Waldo13 said:

I’m sick and tired of Phyllis’ acting. Every scene is OTT with her. 

I don't watch this show that regularly much anymore, but any time Phyllis comes on, I gag.  Can't stand this character and really hate how she pretty much eats the show.  Is there anybody in GC that actually likes her?  She seems to make it her life's work to be miserable and to make everyone around her miserable.  And why is she always slinking around with her nose in everybody's business.  She should just run her hotel and STFU.

• Love 13

I'm beginning to think I was right a while back - Was AJ molesting Adam and he blanked it out after he pushed him and killed him. I can see Nikki letting that alone... not Hope doing it. 

It would explain a lot of Adam's crap and little Connor sitting at. the base of that apple tree.

OR: Hope's baby died and Victor bought one of AJ's twins as a replacement... Nah

Meanwhile: I now hope I was right about Dina leaving Theo all her $$$$. Kyle is an ass paired with Tits Dummer. That should be their couple name. T&A. (better than Kummer)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4