Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Jill’s outfit in this episode is the epitome of soap opera fashion that I remember admiring as a kid.  Soooo fancy and “rich”‘looking.  Dressed to the nines just to hang about the mansion. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Jill’s outfit in this episode is the epitome of soap opera fashion that I remember admiring as a kid.  Soooo fancy and “rich”‘looking.  Dressed to the nines just to hang about the mansion. 

Arrggh. I'm so bummed. I didn't get to see it because of Mango's speech.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Arrggh. I'm so bummed. I didn't get to see it because of Mango's speech.

It's like listening to the Richard Harris version of "MacArthur Park" - well, any version, really - on an endless loop.

Somebody really did leave the cake out in the rain this time.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, boes said:

It's like listening to the Richard Harris version of "MacArthur Park" - well, any version, really - on an endless loop.

Somebody really did leave the cake out in the rain this time.

Well, hopefully we never will have that recipe again.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, boes said:

What a bastion of equal rights Genoa City was back in the day, wasn't it?  After all, what's more equal than Victor being impatient with Nikki for not doing exactly what he wants, right now, and getting over the baby she lost when she fell down the stairs during an argument with him over - you guessed it - her not giving him exactly what he wanted.

Then there's John, mad at Jill because she didn't do the work to avoid pregnancy to his satisfaction before he got snipped because his desires come before hers.

I think both women had the equal right to kick both of those boneheads RIGHT in their respective ButtBiscuits.  And then do it again.

I used to get so angry at John Abbott for the patrcian clap trap he would spout at the womenfolk in his life. I had forgotten the machinations behind John getting a vasectomy, and what he put Jill through when she discovered she was pregative. Jack, of course, was in the thick of it, manipulating his father and stabbing Jill in the back. 

I hadn't forgotten exactly what a sociopathic, self-centered, manipulative emotional abuser Victor was back then, but how nice to know it's just as infuriating to watch again as it was the first time.

Genoa City hasn't had nearly enough premature burials IMO. 

From the getgo Victor was constantly undermining Nicki and Jack's relationship/marriage. The argument that precipitated Nicki's miscarriage was Victor again trying to convince Nicki to leave Jack, so the scene we saw post-miscarriage, where Victor's demanding Nicki walk away from Jack was after months of the same conversation on the same theme. 

-- Victor wants Nicki back and she doesn't know what to do when she still loves Victor …. and Jack. Nicki gets pregative and Victor doesn't care and wants her to leave Jack. Nicki miscarries after arguing with Victor, and he still wants her to leave Jack even though she's an emotional wreck and still doesn't know what to do. 

Without context it looked like Victor turned on a dime, storming off and calling Eve Howard, when in fact he was fed up after months of being thwarted by Nicki not being able to make up her mind. Cruel and selfish? Absolutely. But not for a lack of trying to get Nicki back because he realized his mistake and took a ham-handed manner to make it happen.

The person I pitied in all this was Jack, having Victor constantly looming over his marriage to Nicki, while she would still entertain the idea of returning to Victor. She equivocated and whimpered, unable to choose to return to Victor or be loyal to her marriage with Jack. It was terribly frustrating that Jack carried a torch for Nicki for years, forgave her everything, and she used his love for her by choosing Victor every time.

How exciting for us to have a "We Were There" at the moment when Jill realized she was carrying ButtBiscuit!

I wish we'd gotten to see the episode where Jill saw the first ultrasound of her lil' bundle of joy.  I remember the image was particularly clear.  

Oh joy, I found that image!

giphy.gif

It's not hard to understand Jill's happiness at impending motherhood, is it?

Zygote Billy was an adorable, lovable scamp ... In comparison to the present semen stain NotBilly devolved into.

I enjoyed this blast from the past.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been an out-of-control accident with the Neuter Scooter taking down Victor and side-swiping John.  

I loved the episode! I completely takes me away from the tedious bore Show has become.. Looking at the lush set design and decoration of the old ranch house (BIG BLUE PLATE!), Jabot office and the Abbott Mansion, was wonderful. And everyone was so beautifully dressed! Gaaa! Jack Abbott dressed to the nines, and Jill's updo and cocktail suit for work -- Gorgeous! Rex, Miguel, Brad Carlton, John Abbott, Mister and Missus Neil Winters on their honeymoon! The brick phone and land lines. 

It also made me rather sad at how ugly and discounted the present set design and decoration has become, and with few exceptions, the cheap costuming and grooming on Show. It makes me miss the GCAC, the old Chancellor Mansion and Mrs. C all the more.

<sniff>

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 14

Isn’t there another spawn of Chelsea and Adam that lives with Nick? Why did Chelsea only take one with her? And who is watching that kid while he and Phyllis do nothing but bang all over town (so gross.) 

i wish it was possible for Governor to speak ONLY over N&P scenes, I got about 3 mins of show today. How stupid is reporter girl to sign an NDA? Good grief....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Isn’t there another spawn of Chelsea and Adam that lives with Nick? Why did Chelsea only take one with her? And who is watching that kid while he and Phyllis do nothing but bang all over town (so gross.) 

i wish it was possible for Governor to speak ONLY over N&P scenes, I got about 3 mins of show today. How stupid is reporter girl to sign an NDA? Good grief....

I think the other spawn belongs to AA and Ol' Hammertoes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Doesn't Victoria have a child that belongs to someone else?  Chloe? Chelsea? That she and whoever she was married to at the time (JT? Billy?) adopted and the child belonged to one of the above?

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Doesn't Victoria have a child that belongs to someone else?  Chloe? Chelsea? That she and whoever she was married to at the time (JT? Billy?) adopted and the child belonged to one of the above?

Johnny. He is a product of Beely being drugged and raped by Chelzzzz.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I really enjoyed Friday's vintage episode. Neil certainly beefed up once he entered his 40s that's for sure. He seemed so young and skinny! 

In was interesting to see not-Eileen Ashley, she really is stunning but in a very 80s kind of way. I know this episode was 1993, but it's shocking how big and 80s stuff was still looking then for more mainstream shows. Jill's matchy match earnings and dress, for instance. If I hadn't known this episode's 1993 date ahead of time I would have guessed Jill as 1987/88. I know everything was over the top in the 80s but Brenda Dickson could have worn that outfit easily too. 

One of the earliest plot-lines I remember was Nina pregnant and living in Chancellor Estate...was that Jess Walton Jill or Brenda Dickson Jill?

Jack was quite the looker! I definitely miss the old Y&R lighting style with the shadows and moody angles....the Abbott house seemed larger and more lavish (cut flowers!) even though it is more or less the same set as today. The current lighting style just makes it all seem more pedestrian and suburban (I've never liked those crystal ball joker chotchkes in the foreground).

Can you believe soaps actually had the budgets then to film in Antigua? I saw it was on-location of course but assumed maybe it was Catalina Island or Long Beach or somewhere in the LA area doubling as Caribbean honeymoon....but the credits gave a big thank you to the Antigua Tourism Dept! 

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

Well I made it through today's show in record time. FFed through all the Nick/Phyllis stuff and barely paid attention to the rest. Although I am mildly interested in Victoria and Alyssa's collaboration.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Wonder how many times Phyllis has to screw Nick to earn the millions of dollars she needs to pay off the debt to Abby? Meanwhile, Nick said his IQ feels 10 points higher since the last time he boinked Phyllis. So, his IQ is 10 now?

The NE department heads must come to work everyday ready to blow their brains out. From one day to the next they can't be sure which Newman will be in charge. And even if one sticks around for a while, eventually they'll be in the hospital in critical condition or in jail.

Um, Nick, what you're going to have to do to prove to Phyllis that you're serious is marry her--again. Duh.

Do people still play foosball?

I didn't know Amanda's psycho ex Ripley was also a lawyer. Hmmm.

Even though I think Show is trying too hard to make Nate & Amanda happen, I have to say they make a gorgeous couple. Their kids would be beautiful.

Oh Alyssa, you're about to learn a painful lesson. Never get mixed up in Newman family battles. They'll step on your back to save themselves or use your body for a shield. Run away!

Is Billy starting to look at Lily like she's what's for dessert? Ew. But at least she fully knows what she'd be getting into.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

I wonder if Nostrils prefers briefs, boxers, or commando when he plays pocket pool. 

Olive Oyl, in teaming up with Alyssa, cares more about outing Adam, to get her job back, than the evidence Alyssa obtained against Victor. This is the first we heard of Adam buying the story so he can bury it.  Olive Oyl didn’t bother to confront Alyssa about her story being a lie just Adam lying. If Alyssa still can get her story out if she really wants to even with a NDA, but now she seemingly capitulating to Olive Oyl’s vendetta against Adam.  Such 🐂💩

Banana Breath in kissing Phyllis in the shower was like he was bobbing for bananas in her mouth. Sexy, not really but shows TIIC finally got it right, Banana Breath’s and Phyllis’ relationship is all wet. 🐂💩x🐂💩x🐂💩 plus 🤢🤢🤮

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Billy was super annoying today.  If I were Lily, I would have taken his golf club and shoved it up his nose. And him playing putt-putt in her office wasn't the most annoying, either.....him talking about himself as if he were God's gift to business made me fast forward to those supposedly "hot" love scenes between Nick and Phyllis (makes me shudder to know they're back together).

I may have said this before, but I get irritated the most when any of these characters start talking about "business".  Victor or Jack can pull it off, even Ashley and Jill - even Abby! - but Victoria, Billy, Adam, Lily, the rest of them?  Not so much.

And what is Adam's issue?  He wanted to be CEO, right?  He better get to CEO-ing, then!  Stop taunting everyone and crowing about how he's "just like his dad" and get to work.  Chop-Chop!!  And by the way, saying you're like Victor isn't much to be proud of!

I really despise Adam, this version.  The other ones, I felt a bit of empathy for, but this version makes me feel like he'll get what he deserves, and then some.  What a cry baby! 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 18

I really despise Adam, this version.  The other ones, I felt a bit of empathy for, but this version makes me feel like he'll get what he deserves, and then some.  What a cry baby! 

I am so fucking sick of manbabies being part of our culture.

• Love 22

Yesterday's show was.......really awful.  It may have been, for me anyway, one of the worst episodes in recent memory.  At least, with all the FF'ding I did, it was short.  

Phyllis and Nick creep me the hell out so I zoomed past their, apparently interminable scenes.  

Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate and Amanda are pretty but they're also pretty dull and one-note.  I don't like saying this, but there's an air of unpleasantness about Amanda that reminds me of Hilary's usual pouting.  I was happy that MM was coming back.  If this is the best Show can do with a person of her talent, what a waste.

As for ButtBiscuit, I wish Lily had lodged a twin pair of golf balls in those blowholes he bleats out of and shoved that putter where the sun never shines.  Dump that pogo stick of a manchild in the trash and wheel him to the curb.  He's nothing but an over-the-hill asshole.

I guess there must be audience demand for this character and this actor but I just do not get why.

I don't remember Show being this bad for this long since Pratt.  But man does it suck these days.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed Phyllis' take-down of Chelsea today.  Finally, I saw more than a glimmer of the Phyllis that used to be.  I still don't get why she flaps her arms around like a crazy person and I certainly fast forward through her and Nick's scenes, but it's what came out of her mouth that was important - cutting and delivered perfectly at Chelsea.

Of course, the fact that it was directed at Chelsea didn't hurt!  Her scenes with Adam today, about how he "deserved" this CEO position, made me sick to my stomach.  The two of them blackmailed Victor......Victor didn't "hand" it to Adam out of loyalty or trust or anything that resembles love.  The two of them stole it!  And to hear Chelsea rewriting history was sickening.

And by the way, WTF was Chelsea wearing, anyway?  Again, somebody there must hate her.  She has just about the worst wardrobe of anyone on that set!

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Well I made it through today's show in record time. FFed through all the Nick/Phyllis stuff and barely paid attention to the rest.

I'm bored with Nick waffling between self-righteous moralizing over Victor/Atonal Adam's obtuse behavior, and retrograde amnesia when it come to getting his glans polished by Phyllis/Chelsea/Ol'Hammertoes/Sharon. Nick's a prize if you can ignore his innate hypocricy and idiocy, but generally he's a thickheaded dolt prone to humping chair legs, threats and violence.

Speaking of waffles:

A9oe7rE.gif?noredirect

Although I am mildly interested in Victoria and Alyssa's collaboration.

It could turn into something, but it's still the same old story with Victor running his master plan and leaving everyone affected by the results out of the loop.

Victor could have clued Victoria in and used her to expertly pour hate over Atonal and Chelsea. That would have made AA and Chelz insanely happy, distracting them, all the while Victor sets up Atonal for the big anvil drop. And the CEO of Newman Enterprises returns to Victoria a little worse for wear.

Nick and Nicki would have to left clueless because they can't keep their mouths shut without giving away the scheme; it's better to have them spit venom and threats at the Real CEO of Newman Enterprises than undermining the Victor's master plan.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

What happened to Olive Oly’s house?  Was it another set they had to discontinue?  Doesn’t Olive Oyl understand that there is a story Adam is withholding and her fight could have repercussions if it gets out true or not true. If Olive Oly in trying to beat her chest as a figure of authority, she’s working with very little ammunition.  There are times when Olive Oyl makes Summer look smart. 

Like Michael was, Amanda the only lawyer in town. 

Unlike Banana Breath with Phyllis, Adam had the common decency not to screw Chelsea to the desk on his first day. 

Speaking of Banana Breath, were is Christian the son he loves and fought for. I guess since Connor is “fixed” he’s no longer needed either. Sam who?  

Banana Breath, another wiz kid, would rather hear the story from Olive Oly, than Victor.  

Because of the preemption I didn’t get to see the last 10 min but I did read about it on another forum.  I read that in talking to Nostrils, Olive Oyl said that she might have a story that he might want to publish through his media company.  If that’s Alyssa’s story, Victor most likely will be pissed.  Secondly, that would be the way Alyssa’s NDA would be circumvented. 

In addition, Banana Breath, in the simian way, is throwing 💩 all over Adam. Unlike Olive Oyl, Banana Breath has a ton of ammunition since he’s full of 💩

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

If that’s Alyssa’s story, Victor most likely will be pissed.  Secondly, that would be the way Alyssa’s NDA would be circumvented. 

I don't get this. Is Vic trying to get back at Victor or is she trying to stick it to AA? Because it it's the latter, she's doing it wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Of course Adam is dressed like a mafia don. He made Victor an offer he couldn't refuse. Or so he thinks.

I'm kind of mystified by Nick's still having hair on his chest. I thought that was out of style for men now. Maybe it's meant to distact from his dad bod. 😼

Conducting job interviews in the lobby of the Ground Paprika. Huh. Why wouldn't Lily and Billy just use their offices? What if an interviewee doesn't want their business out in public like that?

I forgot Amanda and Lily were friendly.

Dear Show, I told you last week I was over Adam's emo soliloquies about how he deserves the NE CEO seat. Stop it. If you have to spend so much time justifying the plot then said plot might be full of shite.

Why is Nick acting like Phyllis' stuff is brand new? Her hallway may have a fresh coat of paint but the dank room it opens into is likely overrun with dust bunnies and cobwebs. 😖

Isn't NE supposed to be a Fortune 500 company? It must be the laughing stock of Wall Street. Whatever, no journalist worth their salt would interview Adam without bringing up the litany of crimes Adam and Victor have committed, been convicted of, and served time for. IMO it's ridiculous for either of them to be lauded in the business world at this point.

So is Billy about to become the creamy filling in a Lily/Billy/Amanda cookie sandwich? 🙄

Pssht, I don't think either Chelsea or Phyllis have any room to brag about the poor excuses for  men in their lives. But dang if Phyllis didn't read Chelsea like Thomas Pynchon's entire bibliography translated into Romulan and printed in Cantonese.

Oh Princess Victoria, you're about to make a huge misstep and needlessly entangle Billy and CI in it. Maybe this time put your hurt fee-fees aside, listen to Victor, and stay out if it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I don't get this. Is Vic trying to get back at Victor or is she trying to stick it to AA? Because it it's the latter, she's doing it wrong.

Both you and Waldo13's comments about this have thrown me for a loop!  I just assumed Victoria was trying to get back at Adam, to expose what he (Adam) had done to get the CEO position.  It never occurred to me that she would be trying to expose her father's wrongdoing! 

I should have considered that.  So now, I'm wondering if Victoria would maybe try and kill two birds with one stone and expose both Adam and Victor's misdeeds here, since she feels not only blindsided by Adam, but betrayed again by her father.  If I were her, I would do exactly that - try to take them both out and appeal to shareholders and board members that it's the stability and reputation of the company at stake by having either one of these assholes in charge.

Good Lord!  I need a life!  I am way into this, in a way I would never be if I weren't home riding out this vvirus!  LOL!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Both you and Waldo13's comments about this have thrown me for a loop!  I just assumed Victoria was trying to get back at Adam, to expose what he (Adam) had done to get the CEO position.  It never occurred to me that she would be trying to expose her father's wrongdoing! 

I should have considered that.  So now, I'm wondering if Victoria would maybe try and kill two birds with one stone and expose both Adam and Victor's misdeeds here, since she feels not only blindsided by Adam, but betrayed again by her father.  If I were her, I would do exactly that - try to take them both out and appeal to shareholders and board members that it's the stability and reputation of the company at stake by having either one of these assholes in charge.

Good Lord!  I need a life!  I am way into this, in a way I would never be if I weren't home riding out this vvirus!  LOL!

Olive Oyl never question Alyssa about the validity of how she came to the conclusion that Victor killed A.J.  She still thinks it’s bogus. If the story comes out, Victor will successfully defend himself and Adam will be out on his ass. Victor is covering for someone, probably Adam, and he’s only an accessory after the fact. TIIC will give Adam a repressed memory. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Olive Oyl never question Alyssa about the validity of how she came to the conclusion that Victor killed A.J.  She still thinks it’s bogus. If the story comes out, Victor will successfully defend himself and Adam will be out on his ass. Victor is covering for someone, probably Adam, and he’s only an accessory after the fact. TIIC will give Adam a repressed memory. 

Great minds think alike!  I also wondered if Adam is somehow involved in this and Victor is covering for him.  When they showed Victor's flashback of the man laying on the ground and nothing else, I wondered who else was there and immediately thought of Adam!

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

31 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Great minds think alike!  I also wondered if Adam is somehow involved in this and Victor is covering for him.  When they showed Victor's flashback of the man laying on the ground and nothing else, I wondered who else was there and immediately thought of Adam!

That hadn't crossed my mind but it makes perfect sense!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Same as it ever was.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, boes said:

That hadn't crossed my mind but it makes perfect sense!

It might even be Hope that he's covering for!

Like I said earlier, I am way into this for some unknown reason!  I can only assume that, at least for today, it was the most exciting thing going in my world!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Amanda's friendship with Phyllis has always seemed forced to me.  I never could see what those two would have in common - until today.  

Amanda asked Lily if she was being offered the job as some sort of "making amends to Amanda", and a few scenes later, Phyllis announced, with pride to Chelsea and Lil' Chelsea aka Chloe that she and Nick were back together.

First of all, getting together with Nick is not something to brag about.  There's not a fire hydrant or a produce aisle, a dirty drop cloth or an apple pie warm from the oven that Nick wouldn't hook up with.  Nothin;, nobody, nothing.  So being proud that you bagged Nick Newman is as delusional as thinking that picking up a fungal infection in a dumpster makes you special.  

Amanda?  Yes, you, Amanda the lawyer who never lost a case - as you told us all every second line when you came to town.  If you think "making amends" means not having you arrested for felony fraud, collusion, aiding and abetting, as well as not seeing that you lose your license to practice is "making amends", then I no longer have any problem whatsoever seeing why you and Phyllis are friends.  

Then we've got Adam, who looked and sounded like a reject from a failed audition as an extra in the Vampire Diaries - draining the life out of every scene he's in more effectively than any of the living dead drains blood.  You know kids follow him down the street, taunting him with threats of garlic and crucifixes and mocking his mile high cowlick.

Over at Fauxciety we had Chelsea who looked like she was personally modeling her Wilma Flinstone collection with her best friend, Betty Rubble.

giphy.gif

They wish.

"This old thing?  Why I made this from a piece of naugahyde I skinned from Adam's pelt, tee hee.  You know, the CEO of Newman Ankle Monitors and Enema Bags Inc.!"

We can't forget ButtBiscuit, who lies as easily as he manspreads and WOW does he manspread.   He blinked, he winked, he licked his lips, wet himself a little as he fumbled his lies to Lily about his and Amanda's relationship.  If history is any judge, the Otis Elevator repair people will be running between ButtBiscuit's building and the elevator at the Grisly Putz with all those body fluids gumming up the works.

Lily - LILY, you guys!, was a breath of fresh air compared to the fetid mutants who ate up most of the screen time today.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
On 4/13/2020 at 5:42 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

really despise Adam, this version.  The other ones, I felt a bit of empathy for, but this version makes me feel like he'll get what he deserves, and then some.  What a cry baby! 

Agreed. OMG, he's a whiny brat. I can't even take pleasure in him one-upping Victor because he irritates me so much. Just take the W and run the company! He was able to do it three Adams ago when there was far less bad blood between them.

22 minutes ago, boes said:

Lily - LILY, you guys!, was a breath of fresh air

That's the third most unexpected thing to happen this year behind B&B letting three women work together without killing each other 😂

But yeah, without the Cane baggage she's surprisingly tolerable and not in the "at least she's not [insert whoever's pissing me off now here]" sort of way.

Also worth noting: Phyllis wore actual clothes today! And BOTH shoulders were covered! 😮 Also, that pissing contest with Chelsea talking about how her and Banana boy are solid after one roll in the hay had me cracking up. OK Boomer 🥴

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

one roll in the hay

Well, they've been going at it for a couple weeks already so it was more than just that one. And since Nick said that his IQ goes up 10 points after sex, he must have an IQ of at least 40 by now! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
Just now, PatsyandEddie said:

WTF wrote that line anyway? Geebus, how moronic. 

Somebody with an IQ even lower than Nick's?

Or maybe he read it on a bathroom wall and adlibbed it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, boes said:

Amanda's friendship with Phyllis has always seemed forced to me.  I never could see what those two would have in common - until today.  

Amanda asked Lily if she was being offered the job as some sort of "making amends to Amanda", and a few scenes later, Phyllis announced, with pride to Chelsea and Lil' Chelsea aka Chloe that she and Nick were back together.

I'll admit they are members of the Sisterhood of Imaginary Self-Importance, but their regular Mutual Tongue Bath Cocktail Hours leave much to be desired. Hillary 2.0 has to have GoogleFu-ed Phyllis' long storied deceptions and treacherous history -- There's no good reason for the self-righteous Hillary 2.0 to hang with Phyllis, other than boredom or to get the skewed opinion of Phyl's Enemies List to assist with her customer base.

Phyllis seems to search Hillary 2.0 out because she's the only person not on her Enemies List, and she's mildly complimentary to Phyl's ego bullet points.

First of all, getting together with Nick is not something to brag about.  There's not a fire hydrant or a produce aisle, a dirty drop cloth or an apple pie warm from the oven that Nick wouldn't hook up with.  Nothin;, nobody, nothing.  So being proud that you bagged Nick Newman is as delusional as thinking that picking up a fungal infection in a dumpster makes you special. 

Well, it's bragging rights if you're using Nick to annoy the people you hate on your Enemies List, and leave territorial semen smears in the elevators. 

Nick doesn't care who he fucks as long as he's the first one to flounce off in a huff for being betrayed for the 2749th time by his recent fuck buddy. Why he would return to Phyllis' poisoned Vagina Dentata, after all the disloyalty and self-dealing she has done to him, or anyone she has come in contact with, is so much penis blindness. I expect Nick's deafening self-righteousness to over-ride his erections, but it never happens -- He manages to convince himself that fucking the hustler erases all trace of their previous lies and deceits. And it all ends up in the same scenes of shouting and recriminations.

Amanda?  Yes, you, Amanda the lawyer who never lost a case - as you told us all every second line when you came to town.  If you think "making amends" means not having you arrested for felony fraud, collusion, aiding and abetting, as well as not seeing that you lose your license to practice is "making amends", then I no longer have any problem whatsoever seeing why you and Phyllis are friends. 

Hillary 2.0 is in her third character reincarnation in the 7 months she's been in Genoa City. I don't care that the other characters she harmed and defrauded have decided to proclaim her without culpability for felony fraud, conspiracy and collusion, aiding and abetting a felony fraud -- She's as blind to her criminality as Darvon, Lily, Jill, et al. It's easy to put the full blame on to Colin -- He's a slimy rat bastard and universally hated and not on Show to say Hillary 2.0 was his co-conspirator.

Hillary 2.0 walks free and reinvented as a productive and trustworthy member of the bar and society, primed to enter a romantic polygon with Darvon, Elena, Lily, Natey Nate Nate, and NotBilly scoping her every mincing step.

<meh>

Then we've got Adam, who looked and sounded like a reject from a failed audition as an extra in the Vampire Diaries - draining the life out of every scene he's in more effectively than any of the living dead drains blood.  You know kids follow him down the street, taunting him with threats of garlic and crucifixes and mocking his mile high cowlick

MG is awful. He can dress like a Boardwalk Empire extra, but it's amateur hour. Made worse with MCE hyperventilating and spitting out dialog to dramatize justification and emotional support of Atonal Adam's recent crimes being a blackmailer, murderer in his own right, and a poisoner.

<blerg>

Over at Fauxciety we had Chelsea who looked like she was personally modeling her Wilma Flinstone collection with her best friend, Betty Rubble.

giphy.gif

They wish.

"This old thing?  Why I made this from a piece of naugahyde I skinned from Adam's pelt, tee hee.  You know, the CEO of Newman Ankle Monitors and Enema Bags Inc.!"

CHAAAAARGE IT! 

Garbage in/Rubbish out is my opinion of anything Chelsea designs at her coffee table. Chloe can cheerlead Chelsea's knockoffs until her water breaks, and Chelsea Redux will still be mediocre counterfeits.

The Fashion Police have a felony warrant out for day dresses Chelsea wears regularly, as is Chelsea Redux schmatta is too much to trash for a weary world.

We can't forget ButtBiscuit, who lies as easily as he manspreads and WOW does he manspread.   He blinked, he winked, he licked his lips, wet himself a little as he fumbled his lies to Lily about his and Amanda's relationship.  If history is any judge, the Otis Elevator repair people will be running between ButtBiscuit's building and the elevator at the Grisly Putz with all those body fluids gumming up the works.

<shudder>

More FF material. No one needs to watch NotBilly rubbing his Vienna sausage against Hillary 2.0, as she drones on about purchase agreements and contract finalizations. 

It's bad enough that NotBilly's wounded ego is in need of sexual healing, and Hillary 2.0 let him lick her face. NotBilly considers himself a ranked Playboy of the Western World, and can't allow Victoria's bitter rebuke go down without a counter response of parading around town with the woman he entangled in his betrayal of Victoria.

Lily - LILY, you guys!, was a breath of fresh air compared to the fetid mutants who ate up most of the screen time today.

It's hard to imagine that prison and working with former prisoners has changed Lily so profoundly that she can overlook Hillary 2.0 is Hillary 1.0's doppelgänger, and not so far away from the original in attitude and personality. But if that's the way TIIC are writing it … Plot Plot Plot contrivance ahoy! Until Hillary 2.0 blows up the Winters/Winters-adjacent characters again.

I do like this Lily. She's levelheaded, smart, no nonsense, professional, non-mini skirted office version we haven't seen. She knows NotBilly cannot be trusted into the foreseeable future, so why is she letting Hillz2 come within 10 miles of NotBilly? -- Presuming Lily was told by Jill the specifics of how he blew up his relationship with Victoria.

It is entertaining how cleverly Victoria played on NotBilly's hatred of Victor with a tantalizing exclusive for Chancellor Media's inauguration. It kills two birds with one stone (Atonal and Victor) for Victoria, and places Alyssa in breach of her non-disclosure/article purchase agreement with Atonal Adam. I don't expect Atonal or Chelsea to pursue a lawsuit against Alyssa once the Kansas murder story is published, because TIIC have been adding new components to Victor/Hope/AA's Kansas history, creating a new Plot Plot Plot scheme where Atonal fails to take down Victor, proving again he's corrupt and traitorous, losing the CEO office to the rightful heir ... again.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 15

This show is laughable now so I don’t watch that much of it but somehow, I wonder if Chelsea is running a scam on Adam. It would be just like her and he’d deserve it. There’s something extra shady about that woman.

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seemed odd to me that Jack couldn't go in Dina's room himself and had to send for Traci to do it.

Those a-holes. Kyle and Summer can't effing find somewhere else besides Society to slobber all over each other? They have to snicker about whether Lola is around or the coast is clear? Ugh.

Theo was working on an assignment that could make or break his career at Jabot and he decided the middle of a busy restaurant was the ideal place to do it. It makes no sense! I guess Josh must get a bonus every time there's a scene at Society. 😑

NE mail room? That must have been when Heather Tom was in the Victoria role.

Theo seemed pissed that Lola left. Wonder what that was all about?

One would think Adam would be buckling down to get up to speed on NE. But no, he can just go play hooky with Chelsea and whiny Connor. Rank has its privileges, eh? 😐

I liked Chelsea's trenchcoat. Kind of a conservative look for her. Now that she's the partner of a big time CEO I wonder if she'll start dressing better? Or at least not like someone who got dressed in the dark. 😼

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Day 2 of Chelsea wearing that hideous outfit.  I'm not into "rules" when it comes to makeup, but after seeing Chelsea again today, I understand why there are, at least, a few.  However, Chelsea's screaming fuchsia lips truly do not match that autumnal hued Flintstone/Rubble Fashion Disaster (courtesy of @boes).

Day 2 of Chelsea managing to, again, make me sick to my stomach.  She loves making Adam out to be the victim in all of this.  She didn't have too much to say when Nick approached her about her own motives.  I am intrigued as to what is really going on there.......when Adam went upstairs and left her alone, why was she chest-heaving and looking so conflicted?  Could it be that she has a conscience?  I don't care if she does, I still don't like her anymore.  Plus, I think we voted her off the island in the other thread, anyway!

In the previews for the coming show, it looks like Theo isn't going to fare very well.  Cheaters never win on this show, unless you're a Newman or an Abbott.  By the way, I'm confused.  I thought Jack said these two had to work BY THEMSELVES on this presentation.  So why is it o.k. for Summer and Kyle to work together on this?  See?  He's an Abbott...he's allowed to cheat.

And speaking of that preview of the upcoming shows that I got at the end of the episode today........makes me think we're not getting a new episode until maybe Monday.  These days, I usually see that preview on Thursday and get the "back in the day episode" on Friday. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

However, Chelsea's screaming fuchsia lips truly do not match that autumnal hued Flintstone/Rubble Fashion Disaster (courtesy of @BOES).

I don't understand how the makeup and hair people work on this show. Take Mariah and Lily. They always have perfect makeup and hair and then you look at Choler.. uh I mean Chelzzz, Lola and Victoria and they have terrible makeup or hair issues every time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

And speaking of that preview of the upcoming shows that I got at the end of the episode today........makes me think we're not getting a new episode until maybe Monday.  These days, I usually see that preview on Thursday and get the "back in the day episode" on Friday

Yes, I noticed that too. Over on cbs.com they have that promo dated for tomorrow though. I guess we'll find out then.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I don't understand how the makeup and hair people work on this show. Take Mariah and Lily. They always have perfect makeup and hair and then you look at Choler.. uh I mean Chelzzz, Lola and Victoria and they have terrible makeup or hair issues every time.

Right?  Yesterday, I thought Victoria's hair looked so pretty, when she and her brother were at the coffee house.  But then, her makeup was horrible. 

Melissa, whatever her last name is, who plays Chelsea is not an unattractive person.  And I like that matte lipstick and even the color on her, sometimes.  But just not with that outfit.  And I can't remember ever thinking her hair looked great. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Right?  Yesterday, I thought Victoria's hair looked so pretty, when she and her brother were at the coffee house.  But then, her makeup was horrible. 

Melissa, whatever her last name is, who plays Chelsea is not an unattractive person.  And I like that matte lipstick and even the color on her, sometimes.  But just not with that outfit.  And I can't remember ever thinking her hair looked great. 

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I just wanted to add that I think it's hysterically funny that someone - ME! - who hasn't styled her hair in probably three weeks and haven't worn makeup in at least 4 weeks, is suddenly critiquing these ladies' looks!  I'm anything but a prize right now!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

I just wanted to add that I think it's hysterically funny that someone - ME! - who hasn't styled her hair in probably three weeks and haven't worn makeup in at least 4 weeks, is suddenly critiquing these ladies' looks!  I'm anything but a prize right now!

Yeah me either, but we're not being paid to make people look good. The hair and makeup people on this show should be fired.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 8

I enjoyed all 7 minutes of Jack alone and with Traci today, best part of the show, by far.  Jack talking to Nick is sorta like watching Jack try to talk to a plug of ear wax, but since it's Jack, it's worth the effort.  The rest of Show was only fit to fertilize the garden with.

Sharon, we get it.  You're so grateful for all the help and love except when you're being what my mother would call, "a pill".  Keep pulling this shit and one of your "selfless" helpers is going tell you exactly where you can put those flowers.  Leeway with illness isn't infinite and I know from whence I speak.

Adam blah blah blah blah, Chelsea blah blah blah blerg, Nick blah blah then mostly fart sounds.  Nobody cares.  I've had bathroom sink hair plugs more interesting than this storyline or those three.  Nick, that dig about Adam not being a good role model for Connor is about 6 months too late.  I mean, have you SEEN that little turd lately?

Speaking of Drano, I'd be fine if Lola poisoned those two assholes, Kyle and Dummer and pinned it on Theo.  

I hope Jack likes what Dummer and Kyle came up with.

giphy.gif

And look!  Dummer is doing double duty as the spokesperson, too!

Jabot is in SUCH good hands.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Gam2 said:

This show is laughable now so I don’t watch that much of it but somehow, I wonder if Chelsea is running a scam on Adam. It would be just like her and he’d deserve it. There’s something extra shady about that woman.

As much as I'd love this, Chelsea's been a ride or die for this fucko from the day she came to GC. She seems sincere AF.

12 hours ago, boes said:

Nick, that dig about Adam not being a good role model for Connor is about 6 months too late.  I mean, have you SEEN that little turd lately?

Nick can go shove it. He got to keep Christian, as was the morally right decision, but between Summer, Cassie and Noah's teenage antics he's got no room to talk.

Also wow, I didn't realize exactly how many kids he really has till I spelled it out. Yikes, just...the dude needs to be neutered.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I’m a little late to the party because CBS on demand just put up the 4/15 episode this morning. The problem with on demand is that you can’t FF. 

Doesn’t Theo have an office?  Why is the seldom used Boardroom all of a sudden being used instead of the CEO office.  Is that another set that has been dismantled.  

What gives Banana Breath the right to throw his 💩 at Chelsea.  Does he really think that Chelsea should be more loyal to him. Chelsea should have stuffed a banana in his mouth and tell him to fuck off which she eventually did.  Hey Banana Breath, how honest and upright were you when you terrorized you mother and sister pretending to be J.T.?  How honest and upright were you when you stole business from NE your sisters beloved company?  How did Olive Oyl earn her right to be CEO when she was flittering away her time, in Paris, studying art?  

It seems that Adam, Olive Oyl, and Banana Breath are all the same as CEO of NE.  None of them actually work a full day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Mariah looks pale as a ghost.  I don't watch this show regularly but does she always look like this?  She looks like all the blood has been drained out her.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Costume, hair and makeup have outdone themselves with Chelsea lately [wasn't that a Chelsea Handler thing?]. Leaving aside the hide of the nauga in shit-brindle brown, I call to your attention the top-of-head bun.

Suddenly, I flashed back to early childhood--boes, are you here for this one?

AnnBSchultzy2.jpg

apologies--can't shrink the image

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

Costume, hair and makeup have outdone themselves with Chelsea lately [wasn't that a Chelsea Handler thing?]. Leaving aside the hide of the nauga in shit-brindle brown, I call to your attention the top-of-head bun.

Suddenly, I flashed back to early childhood--boes, are you here for this one?

AnnBSchultzy2.jpg

apologies--can't shrink the image

Alice!  Oh Chelzzzz, you can only wish......

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Not a fan of Mariah's severe dominatrix look today. Especially since we know who's the real boss now in her relationship with Tessa. 😒

Sigh, why does Traci have to be so nice? Her being gracious to Phyllis makes no sense to me.

Nick. Trust Phyllis with your family secrets? You must be insane. You do remember what she recently pulled with Abby to snatch the Grape Parasol? And how she helped to send your mommy and sister to prison? And that she still holds a rightful grudge against Victor over the Marco mess? 😕

Oy, PC4 and Abby doing their mutual tongue baths. I want to like their pairing because it seems good on paper to have scions of legacy families together. But do they have to try so hard to make it seem "perfect"?

Kudos to the MWTs for mentioning what happened to bartender Lindsay. That's one plot point no longer left hanging.

Apparently Phyllis forgot about that time she helped Adam break into Victor's online medical files. She might want to think twice about going after him on Nick's behalf. A HIPAA violation charge would be the least of her troubles.

Look at Nick trying to jump bad over the latest Adam situation. Hmm, I bet there'd be another custody battle for Christian in his future. Adam rolls like a Sherman tank against all threats.

So did Hope kill that Montalvo guy? I can't see Victor protecting Adam if it means losing control of NE. I'm still thinking maybe Montalvo was connected to the mafia and Victor doesn't want to attract their attention. They have long memories when it comes to revenge.

Rey is a good boyfriend to Sharon, maybe one of her best IMO. Too bad he's been reduced to holding her purse. 😼

I think Nikki looked chic and sophisticated today in her simple navy sheath. I've never understood her wearing sequins and beads and brocade just to hang around the house.

Countdown to when Nikki spills to Victoria what the big secret is that made Victor cave to Adam. But not before Victoria pulls some kind of dumb move.

• Love 12