Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

You didn't like Jack's look?  You're probably right, but Peter always looks good to me.  I was thinking how Peter Bergman just got better and better and better.  Loved the scene with him and John.  Those two are not only good actors, they're so good together.  

Oh I adore Jack and love his scenes with John. You could tell they had a tremendous amount of respect for each other's acting craft. But IMO that slicked back hairdo made Jack look like a used car salesman (or a Wall Street corporate raider 😉) and not a high-powered fragrance industry executive. Also, it's amazing me in these older episodes how piercing blue PB's eyes are. Were they lighting him differently back then because these days I don't notice his eye color so much.

• Love 10
On 4/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, babyhouseman said:

I think her father worked for the show as a writer or something. Her real name is Laura. Cricket's real name is Lauralee. Obviously, on Y and R, Laura means nepotism. 

The character of Lorie Brooks, one of the Brooks sisters, full name was Lauralee Brooks.  Obviously a nod from William and Lee Bell to daughter Lauralee, the future Cricket.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

It’s funny but I didn’t recall the Peter Bergman slicked hair back look. I’ve been watching before he even got there. I’m not sure how long he did it but I was surprised when I saw him. ED & DD looked sooooo good. Ah! To be young again. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

You're right. I think I'm in the unpopular opinion category, but I liked them as a couple. The smiling Mac was brought back for the abusive JT storyline. Billy Miller was with Clementine Ford, but even he couldn't make that work. 

I was a huge fan of DT's Billy/AB's Mac/JT triangle. I was so disappointed when BM's Billy and CF's Mac fizzled, but I thought CF had amazing chemistry with Thad Luckinbill. When they ended up getting married and leaving town together with Reed, I felt it was a great way to send off their characters. One of the numerous reasons why I despised the JT abuse storyline was because l always believed that JT and Mac were off somewhere living their happily ever after.

Boes, don't judge me- I know I sound corny AF. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Daniel’s bio Dad was Brian Hamilton, some married guy that Phyllis was sleeping with. He ended up not wanting anything to do with her. She set her sights on DR, drugging him and setting him up by pretending they had slept together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I was a huge fan of DT's Billy/AB's Mac/JT triangle. I was so disappointed when BM's Billy and CF's Mac fizzled, but I thought CF had amazing chemistry with Thad Luckinbill. When they ended up getting married and leaving town together with Reed, I felt it was a great way to send off their characters. One of the numerous reasons why I despised the JT abuse storyline was because l always believed that JT and Mac were off somewhere living their happily ever after.

Boes, don't judge me- I know I sound corny AF. 

You don't sound corny ONE BIT, Ezzylin and I would never judge you.  

Unless, of course, you or anyone else started using ButtBiscuit or Phyllis as their spirit animal.  That'd require a Katherine Chancellor-like intervention - with canapes, of course.

I agree, putting JT and Mac together was good for both characters.

As for being corny AF, just get me started on Colleen and I'll match and raise you a bushel.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, boes said:

Mac.  Show should have saved money and just hired a dark cloud to play the part.  Just seeing her and hearing those few lines made me want to take up day drinking.

Ashley Bashioum always made me hate Mac with a passion. She was SUCH a smug asshole ALL. THE. TIME. I loved Clementine Ford's Mac, and I've always yearned for her to return because I love Clementine Ford. The other Macs have been eh, OK.

I'm laughing at the day drinking/Katherine storyline because my husband got me a DrinkWorks machine (basically a cocktail Keurig made by - you guessed it - Keurig) and every time Drunk Katherine comes onscreen swilling a cocktail I seem to have a new cocktail in my hand (BTW, I DVR the show and watch it after 5pm; I promise I'm *barely* day drinking!).

• LOL 11

Was the time frame of this episode before or after Phyllis tried to run down Christine and Paul with a rental car? Because I'm surprised Christine invited Phyllis into her home while she was alone.

I guess this was before Nikki developed her own alcoholism. She didn't seem to have much to offer at the intervention except pained expressions.

Hey, Cameron, maybe calling a guy's wife a heaux to his face is not the way you wanted to go. Especially with Nick "fists of fury" Newman. He's always itching to throw a punch.

UO time: I never liked Brock. Too holier than thou, IMO. Acted like he was doing you a favor just by allowing himself to be in your undeserving presence.

Lol at the way Dru pronounced "Devon." Was VR trying to make a point or was she just a fan of Warren Zevon? 😑

The clothes weren't much at this time, huh? Most of the outfits looked to me like they came from the sales racks one of the big box stores. Maybe the wardrobe people blew their budget on Kay's colorful caftan.

Oy, Danny mentioning Phyllis' name in the same sentence as "normal" and "rational." I'm amazed he got it out without laughing. That psycho broad probably came out of the womb abnormal and irrational.

Did Phillip Three Sticks have a cold? He sounded a tad congested to me. 🤔

I vaguely remember police detective Hank Weber. What ever happened to him? He was handsome.

• Love 7

These re-runs make me remember:

1. How much I hate that bitchy little Bug.
2. MAMIE'S. EYEBROWS.
3. It's hard to believe that Tracey Bregman (Lauren) could possibly get any more plastic-looking, but she really seems to top herself every passing year.
4. Victoria Rowell (Dru) chews the scenery every time without seeming like she's chewing scenery - and I miss Dru.
5. How does Michael Graziadei not age? He looks basically the same in 2004 as he does now.
6. Danny Romalotti is really a shitty actor. I was totally blinded by this fact in the 80s because I thought he was so cute. Thom Bierdz (Phillip Chancellor) is only marginally better, but I've been in love with him since Little House on the Prairie so I don't care and I just want him back on the show.
7. My GOD, how I miss John Abbott!!!!!
8. Dickolas has never been able to act ... ever. Seeing him paired with other actors who are actually decent truly highlights this and it's sad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was the time frame of this episode before or after Phyllis tried to run down Christine and Paul with a rental car? Because I'm surprised Christine invited Phyllis into her home while she was alone.

Did Phillip Three Sticks have a cold? He sounded a tad congested to me. 🤔

The accident was in 1994. The Bug prosecuted Phyllis in 2012. This episode was in 2004, so she had not discovered that Phyllis was the one who ran them over.

Thom Bierdz has always sounded stuffed up, even back in his Little House on the Prairie days (I have always had a huge thing for him). Might be some bad congenital nose thing?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I think it's incredibly STUPID that they're just showing random episodes, some connected and others not. What the actual FUCK people?!? Do you know what I would have really loved right now? I'd have really loved to watch Y&R from S01E01. Yup! Why didn't they just go alllllll the way back and let us re-live from the beginning? That? Would have been excellent, and we could have followed an actual storyline, something TIIC today know zilch about (which sorta answers my question about why nobody thought to do this!). Anyway, all this ADD going here and there with random episodes is giving me a headache and doesn't make me want to tune it. Fucking fuckers.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

I think it's incredibly STUPID that they're just showing random episodes, some connected and others not. What the actual FUCK people?!?

I think that yesterday (Tues) and today (Weds) had the same timeline, where Daniel & Danny are duking it out alongside The Bug & Phyllis regarding Daniel's true paternity, plus Katherine's intervention. I think Monday's episode was Marge - did we get two Marge episodes? I don't get why we had the same storyline two days in a row when we had two non-continuous episodes of David Kimball/Kimble last week. He was one of my all-time favourite villians and I would love to see him get that facelift reveal again!!! That was awesome! But instead, we get him in a Beast costume and then all kissy-kissy with Nina for no reason.

• Love 8

I don't know.....I'm sorta conflicted about Katherine's intervention.  Personally, if I was stuck in a house with Gina Romalotti, Lauren, Mac, Brock and Esther, I'd be looking for the rotgut as well.  And while she may be a drunk, nobody but nobody could have pulled off that outfit the way Katherine did.  

I miss that room, the way it used to be.  

Phyllis hasn't changed one little bit, except to maybe get even worse.  And MS hasn't gotten one whit better than she was all those years ago.  Should I repeat what I just said the way she did back then and still does?  She's never learned that saying something twice doesn't make it any better the second time.

To be fair, Nick hasn't changed at all either.  I bet he can say the same about his underwear, too.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

Wait Thom Bierdz (Phillip III) was in the episodes this week? How is that possible? I thought they weren't going back beyond Marge/Katherine in 1989 or so...then a 2004 one....I thought his big return connected with Cane/Australia was much, much later (2008/9ish)

As you can see I am not seeing them because CBS All Access thinks people who actually pay money for streaming service don't want vintage Y&R for some reason....grrrrrrrrr…..

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Wait Thom Bierdz (Phillip III) was in the episodes this week? How is that possible? I thought they weren't going back beyond Marge/Katherine in 1989 or so...then a 2004 one....I thought his big return connected with Cane/Australia was much, much later (2008/9ish)

It was Ghost Phillip, back when they thought he was dead. (They also had Ghost Rex). It was A Very Special Episode, so they brought them back for cameos.

So, since Phillip was not really dead, he must have been Delirium Tremens Phillip.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, today we got a reminder of how old Grandma Phyllis the eternal sexpot really is. Today's episode was way before Daniel fathered his own kid though, right?

This was years before SUMMER was born, even!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/29/2020 at 5:27 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Daniel’s bio Dad was Brian Hamilton, some married guy that Phyllis was sleeping with. He ended up not wanting anything to do with her. She set her sights on DR, drugging him and setting him up by pretending they had slept together. 

So was Phyllis ever truly in love with Danny? All of that was way before my time, but I've heard accounts that she was an obsessive stalker who wanted him for game and others that the character was created as a foil Practically Perfect Cricket and thus was out to destroy her by any means necessary.

1 hour ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

So, since Phillip was not really dead, he must have been Delirium Tremens Phillip.

2004 was a banner year for this, as B&B did a similar story with Ghost Taylor making visits to Ridge, Brooke and even Jackie Marone, who she hadn't met as the Marone-Paynes were introduced after she left the show.

And the crazy thing is she was actually brought back onto B&B less than a year later! 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Yeah, I don't get why CBS won't put these retro episodes up on the main site for 24 hours after the broadcast. I guess they've resigned themselves to the lost ratings and ad revenue.

Whoa, I'd forgotten about those gigantic flower brooches like Esther had on. Yikes.

So this when Sharon went through her klepto phase and got into the WTD? situation between Billy, Jack, and Nick? Good times!

Diminutive. I think Murphy was many things but diminutive would not have been one of them, IMO. Maybe Jill meant it metaphorically  hah, hah.

Oh, so this was when Jill found out she wasn't really Kay's daughter. Yeesh, if ever there was retcon that was a huuuuge mistake. I'd put it right up there with Sharon marrying Victor.

Chloe, Billy didn't want to marry your scheming a$$. Even Stevie Wonder could see it. Sigh, why can't we get BM back?

Hmm, how did SC and MS have a double chins despite their svelte bodies? Some of those camera angles were not flattering to their baggy neck areas.

Jack was so handsome in his tux. AFAIC he always rules in formal wear.

So where was Kay living during this time frame? Something feels completely wrong about her being a guest in her own mansion.

Ugh, was Chloe actually trying to act like a blushing bride? Heh, she thought she was going to become a "Chancellor princess." How would that work? Billy wasn't a Chancellor even if they all still thought Jill was Kay's daughter.

Were Jack and Sharon still married at this point? If so, why was Sharon living at the GCAC?

TMW you realize you're the matron of honor and you just spent the night riding the groom like a pogo stick. Maybe Sharon was already pregnant by then, tee hee.

Phyllis calling someone a tramp? And raging at Nick for cheating on her with Sharon after the way her relationship with him originally began? Chile please. She could have all 80,000 seats in Lambeau Field.

Mary Jane. Boy that was a wild storyline. More doppelgänger b.s. Eventually PB must have told TPTB, "Feel free to miss me with this repeated doppelgänger nonsense." 😑

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Oh, so this was when Jill found out she wasn't really Kay's daughter. Yeesh, if ever there was retcon that was a huuuuge mistake. I'd put it right up there with Sharon marrying Victor.

Definitely.

Jack was so handsome in his tux. AFAIC he always rules in formal wear.

He's so classy, he seems to be in formal wear no matter what he's wearing.

• Love 11

Katherine was living in Murphy's trailer.  She and Marge were in a car together for some reason (I think they had mended fences somehow despite the whole kidnapping thing) and the car crashed.  Marge died, and Katherine walked away with amnesia.  Murphy found her thinking she was Marge (he was a customer at the diner where Marge worked), and let her stay with him while she recovered.  Everyone in GC mourned Katherine, but Marge was in the casket.  When Katherine tried to re-claim her life, Jill demanded a DNA test.  Jill was not a match, but Brock was. 

It was painful seeing RealBilly.  And Colleen, even the Colleen who kept letting her Australian accent slip in.       

• Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

It was painful seeing RealBilly.  And Colleen, even the Colleen who kept letting her Australian accent slip in.       

It was, Snaporaz, it really was.  I haven't watched any old scenes or episodes with Billy Miller as Billy Abbott since he left but he's just as good in the role as I remember.  Him standing next to Jack in their tuxes - as good looking as it gets, those two.  And his Billy had heart and humor and a soul, as opposed to that Ichabod Crane wannabe with the personality of curdled milk and all the sex appeal of a box of spoiled prunes.

Colleen!  I would, even now after all these years take a "back from the dead" storyline with her and not blink.

What a good episode.  It was sheer fun to hear Phyllis, with her usual unmatched lack of self-awareness call Sharon a man eater and willing to do anything to get a man.  Getting on her high horse about Nick cheating on her with Sharon  was right up there with her expecting Nick wouldn't do the same to her.

Katherine was at her best, as was Jill.  The Chancellor set itself was so rich and detailed - that side door off the dining room that opened to the outside - and now all we see are the closed doors to that room and the mess that was made of Kay's living room.

This was my favorite classic episode so far.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 6:32 PM, gingerella said:

I think it's incredibly STUPID that they're just showing random episodes, some connected and others not. What the actual FUCK people?!? Do you know what I would have really loved right now? I'd have really loved to watch Y&R from S01E01. Yup! Why didn't they just go alllllll the way back and let us re-live from the beginning? That? Would have been excellent, and we could have followed an actual storyline, something TIIC today know zilch about (which sorta answers my question about why nobody thought to do this!). Anyway, all this ADD going here and there with random episodes is giving me a headache and doesn't make me want to tune it.

I understand why they're doing it. This isn't like the days when Y&R and other soaps were interrupted for basketball and tennis championships.  There is no fixed date for original episodes to resume airing.  Considering the pace of Y&R, they could find themselves rerunning storyline arcs that go on forever, but the final resolution never seen, because original episodes are ready to start again.  The show also has to walk a fine line between current viewers who might not know who all those old characters were and former viewers sheltering in place and revisiting for nostalgia but unlikely to return once new episodes resume again (like me). 

By choosing theme episodes, the producers/CBS have a measure of control.  They can cut to the chase on arcs that IRL took years to resolve. Have no worries about dangling storylines when new episodes are ready to start again.  Able to hit that sweet spot between former and current viewers by focusing on popular characters/storylines most likely known to both.

That's my take.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, boes said:

I haven't watched any scenes or episodes with Billy Miller as Billy Abbott since he left but he's just as good in the role as I remember.  Him standing next to Jack in their tuxes - as good looking as it gets, those two.  And his Billy had heart and humor and a soul, as opposed to that Ichabod Crane wannabe with the personality of curdled milk and all the sex appeal of a box of spoiled prunes.

Real!Billy was still a selfish jerk at the time, but something about this still was a tinge more balanced an nuanced than anything from the charmless manbaby he is today. It probably helped that Billy was a 20-something who was getting his first taste of real responsibility that Jill couldn't buy his way out of. That, and Billy didn't put on some poor me sob story about losing his dad real young or whatever other excuses New Billy pulls to excuse his shit behavior. He was obviously miserable about marrying Chloe but he genuinely wanted to care for Delia.

I'd actually forgotten how determined Chloe was in those days re: her social climbing that Billy didn't know she was Ester's daughter when they first hooked up in NYC.

10 hours ago, boes said:

It was sheer fun to hear Phyllis, with her usual unmatched lack of self-awareness call Sharon a man eater and willing to do anything to get a man.  Getting on her high horse about Nick cheating on her with Sharon  was right up there with her expecting Nick wouldn't do the same to her.

Phyllis was just so on brand in those scenes with no awareness at all. She wants to read the riot act to Sharon when her ass has yet to be in a relationship where she didn't cheat on the guy or get him under false pretenses and has committed attempted murder (presumably, her mowing down of Christine back in the day was related to the break up her bullshit marriage to Danny?) and actual murder of Sasha.

Bur Sharon stole some things, so let's sew a scarlet letter on her. Sure, ok 🙄

Still, it was a fun episode and I miss soap weddings like this. This was pretty parsed down from the grand ol' ball that was Victor and Nikki's first trip down the aisle but still beautiful and lush. Come to think of it, I can't think of the last wedding we've even had on Y&R. Maybe Lola and Kyle? That feels like five years ago, somehow.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I don't get why CBS won't put these retro episodes up on the main site for 24 hours after the broadcast. I guess they've resigned themselves to the lost ratings and ad revenue.

I got a subscription to All Access because of Star Trek, but this app is horrendously lacking. I wanted to watch Young Sheldon but they only had episodes from this season. This was the same for most of their shows, save for Survivor which had all 40(!) seasons and B&B, which goes back to 2012. Seems strange they wouldn't do the same for Y&R, which was the top rated soap in the US for the better part of 3 decades.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Come to think of it, I can't think of the last wedding we've even had on Y&R. Maybe Lola and Kyle? That feels like five years ago, somehow.

Yet it wasn’t even a year ago.  I want to say it was last August because my birthday is in August and I always take the week off work and usually get to watch my soaps live.  I swear it was their wedding.  Then the next time I watched again “live” was at the holidays and they were already divorcing and I was like WHAT THE F.   They couldn’t even give them 6 full months.  All to prop Summer.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Wow, ED looked fabulous in her introduction. That must've been recorded before CA went on total lockdown because her hair looked did.

My goodness, why did they have that child singing that old timey song?

Paul: Mary Jane, huh? I dunno, there's just something about you. Have we met before?
Patty: Yeah, I'm your sister, dummy.
Paul: Say what now?

What was with people showing up late for Kay's wedding? Rude.

Ugh, was this before Jill found out that POS Cane wasn't really her son? And what ever happened to Amber?

Strawberry blonde was a popular hair color at the time of this episode it seems.

Stacy Haiduk had killer facial bone structure. Too bad she got relegated to playing the recurring nutbag.

Victor and Billy were rather cordial to each other. I guess Victor didn't turn on Billy until Victoria entered the frame.

Whoa, this is when Ashley was pregnant with Blanket Baby? That means MM Adam must've been on the scene. Oy.

Chloe. You knew Billy didn't love you but you were happy to be the consolation prize. Miss Mac wasn't trying to be anybody's sidepiece though. 😑

Come to think of it, I can't think of the last wedding we've even had on Y&R. Maybe Lola and Kyle? That feels like five years ago, somehow.

Meanwhile, over on B&B they've had 47 weddings in the past year and a good 40 of them have been Hope and Brooke's. It's all weddings, all the time!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

There are a number of good things about watching these old shows.  Billy Miller runs rings around Jason Thompson in the acting department.  The money they used to spend on sets, clothes and everything else really provided a very lovely and rich atmosphere.  All around, most characters were better actors.  And the biggest plus, all the fantastic fashion porn.  I would tune in just to see Katherine’s wardrobe and jewelry. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ugh, was this before Jill found out that POS Cane wasn't really her son? And what ever happened to Amber?

I could have sworn she found out around the time Delia's true paternity came out. Or maybe P3 came back shortly after all this went down . That whole retcon, then reverse retcon was far from the worst decision in the show's history, but it's definitely in the top five.

At least Cane is gone and that particular evil is defeated.

As for Amber, she and Daniel broke up over the having children thing because her cousin-son Eric had been abandoned by her shitty mother and she wanted to raise him. And she does this by dropping him in boarding school as she headed back to LA to stir up trouble for the Forresters.

Victor and Billy were rather cordial to each other. I guess Victor didn't turn on Billy until Victoria entered the frame.

Pretty much, yeah.

Chloe. You knew Billy didn't love you but you were happy to be the consolation prize. Miss Mac wasn't trying to be anybody's sidepiece though. 😑

God, she was Phyllis levels of desperate back in the day, huh? Right down to the lying about paternity, even. 

I didn't recognize Mac until someone called her by name because she actually got to smile in this episode 😅 I'm being snarky but she's not nearly as dour as I remember her being, at least now here. But man, she look sooooo different from the other Macs! It sucks that TIIC ruined her happy ending with JT for that gross abuse story.

Meanwhile, over on B&B they've had 47 weddings in the past year and a good 40 of them have been Hope and Brooke's. It's all weddings, all the time!

Oh, that's not fair. One if those 47 weddings were Thomas and Zoe's 😉

Why would they give us a week of Billy Miller, and expect us to go back to Jason Thomson once shooting resumes? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Why would they give us a week of Billy Miller, and expect us to go back to Jason Thomson once shooting resumes? 

No kidding. Look at this class act:

I have no idea who Marnie Sparer is but for some reason the video originated on her twitter account. And wow, the spumors are flying again about BM coming back. I have a feeling though that JT has a solid contract or they would've dumped him by now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No kidding. Look at this class act:

I have no idea who Marnie Sparer is but for some reason the video originated on her twitter account. And wow, the spumors are flying again about BM coming back. I have a feeling though that JT has a solid contract or they would've dumped him by now.

Wow, Billy Miller IS a class act! That was a lovely shout out to JC!

• Love 10
On 4/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, lightninggirl said:

Ashley Bashioum always made me hate Mac with a passion. She was SUCH a smug asshole ALL. THE. TIME. I loved Clementine Ford's Mac, and I've always yearned for her to return because I love Clementine Ford. The other Macs have been eh, OK.

I'm laughing at the day drinking/Katherine storyline because my husband got me a DrinkWorks machine (basically a cocktail Keurig made by - you guessed it - Keurig) and every time Drunk Katherine comes onscreen swilling a cocktail I seem to have a new cocktail in my hand (BTW, I DVR the show and watch it after 5pm; I promise I'm *barely* day drinking!).

I had never heard of the DrinkWorks machine before.  Amazon, here I come!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

While I guess some might like some of the bloops of episodes, I just wish they’d pick a date and start showing consecutive episodes.  I’m not a fan of seeing what could be a great story, but then Bam, it stops. This coming week they’re focusing on Nikki and Victor’s great love.  Ok, I’ll bite, but then just go to the “Wayback” machine and show all the best stories.  

Considering they’re not going to start filming new shows until September or October at the earliest (my cousin lives in 90210 and knows a showrunner or two and that’s what they believe) we can’t expect to see anything new until maybe November.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

While I guess some might like some of the bloops of episodes, I just wish they’d pick a date and start showing consecutive episodes.  I’m not a fan of seeing what could be a great story, but then Bam, it stops. This coming week they’re focusing on Nikki and Victor’s great love.  Ok, I’ll bite, but then just go to the “Wayback” machine and show all the best stories.  

Considering they’re not going to start filming new shows until September or October at the earliest (my cousin lives in 90210 and knows a showrunner or two and that’s what they believe) we can’t expect to see anything new until maybe November.  

And, then when they start taping I wonder when they would start airing. Tape a lot to get really ahead or tape two to three weeks and start airing. Back in the day in soaps (60’s & 70’s) they only a two week turnaround and were able to talk about their storylines because they were fresh in their mind. Of course, Days is a whole different animal and are pretty much good. Y&R & B&B need to really play catch up. Whereas GH has stuff taped but not full episodes thus all the flashbacks so I’m assuming they’ll be in the same boat as CBS eventuality. I think the actors might not be getting that month long Christmas break this year. They might be like us common folk and get a few days. The horror! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

That...that's a LONG time. I live in California and I can't speak for the film industry, but Gov Newsom has been loosening up restrictions on a case-by-case, so I dunno if it'll be THAT long before we see new content.

Still, it's probably not the worst idea for CBS to plan for that inevitably and if they have to abruptly end the rewatch, post the rest of the episodes up on CBSAA. It's not like the app has much else to justify that $9.99 price tag.

• Love 9

Yes, I might call and complain to CBSAA. I mean, "Picard" is about the only other thing I watch/pay for besides Y&R.

I think Mary Jane/Patty/Mr Kitty/Dr Emily Peterson was one of the best storylines in a long time. Honesltly, after Katherine/Marge and Patty/Emily they should have given dopplegangers a rest for at least a decade (PB's acting aside). 

• Love 14
(edited)

after Katherine/Marge and Patty/Emily they should have given dopplegangers a rest for at least a decade (PB's acting aside). 

I think after the Marco thing (his essentially sexually assaulting Phyllis for months) they should permanently retire doppelgängers. And yes, I know Jack was Patty's victim too but to my knowledge no one said of that plot point, "But did he enjoy it?"* as if having achieved orgasm while you were being sexually assaulted makes it all okay.

*Since all the old posts have been poofed away, I can't go back and research whether it was Victor in character or EB IRL who actually asked that question of Phyllis but either way, AFAIC, Y&R cannot go there again. Especially if that's the kind of defense they're going to use. Ugh.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Yes, I might call and complain to CBSAA. I mean, "Picard" is about the only other thing I watch/pay for besides Y&R.

I think Mary Jane/Patty/Mr Kitty/Dr Emily Peterson was one of the best storylines in a long time. Honesltly, after Katherine/Marge and Patty/Emily they should have given dopplegangers a rest for at least a decade (PB's acting aside). 

I had forgotten about Mr. Kitty! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think after the Marco thing (his essentially sexually assaulting Phyllis for months) they should permanently retire doppelgängers. And yes, I know Jack was Patty's victim too but to my knowledge no one said of that plot point, "But did he enjoy it?"* as if having achieved orgasm while you were being sexually assaulted makes it all okay.

*Since all the old posts have been poofed away, I can't go back and research whether it was Victor in character or EB IRL who actually asked that question of Phyllis but either way, AFAIC, Y&R cannot go there again. Especially if that's the kind of defense they're going to use. Ugh.

Either way was a huge yikes. I'm so tired of this topic being treated as plot device. 

• Love 8

@Jaded THANK YOU for kicking my Monday morning off with a laugh!  

Also, the bedding from the GCAC.  I meant to bring that up last week in the Sharon/ Billy scenes but OMG.   That was what I was aspiring to in the late 90’s.  Like, if I could save enough to buy some Ralph Lauren bedding, I would have “made it.”   

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, geauxaway said:

@Jaded THANK YOU for kicking my Monday morning off with a laugh!  

Also, the bedding from the GCAC.  I meant to bring that up last week in the Sharon/ Billy scenes but OMG.   That was what I was aspiring to in the late 90’s.  Like, if I could save enough to buy some Ralph Lauren bedding, I would have “made it.”   

I actually have Ralph Lauren bedding. Being a designer has it's perks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I used to be a diehard Y&R viewer (I'm sure I've posted with some of you at other forums in the past), but hadn't been following it for the past few years.  Tuned in for a little while in early March. I found it boring as fuck, and I can't stand the guy currently playing Adam (Jesus, get a test for anemia, or eat some beef or something), and this whole posse of younger people (Kyle, Theo, Young Chef Lady, Mop-Headed Adam's Childhood Friend, blah blah blah zzzzzz) so I didn't bother.

But now! Vintage episodes?! I should have seen this coming, and I love it! The clothes, the hair, the sets...ay yi yi! 

This should be fun.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Bleh, Lorie Brooks. I could not stand those Brooks girls. You'd think they were the royal family of WI the way they acted like their 💩 didn't stink.

I don't remember this Vanessa broad at all. She seemed like a prototype for Kay, snooty and hard as nails. And that Lucas Prentis fellow looked like the Werewolf of London to me. His hair was perfect.  😏

Wow, I don't recall Wayne and Dorothy at all. This episode must've been when I was mostly watching AMC and OLTL.

The set lighting was rather dark, no? Lots of shadows and murky corners. I think a number of soaps went for that theatre look at the time, even the ones based in LA vs. New York.

Lol, Nikki had such a baby face with those cherub cheeks. Maybe that's why she started using the whispery baby voice.

What the what was Victor up to pretending to be Douglas' servant? If he was worried Nikki was a golddigger why was he trying so hard to impress her with the accoutrements of wealth?

So did this bitter Barbara person fall through a plate glass window or something? She didn't seem to me like the type who could afford plastic surgery just for kicks.

I didn't know Victor was an accomplished rider. I thought the horses were merely a rich guy hobby that he later foisted upon his children and grandchildren.

Doesn't seem like Vanessa thought much of Lorie, to put it mildly. And the feeling seemed to be mutual. 😾

• Love 8

Ho-lay!  I know a lot is said about how HDTV doesn’t “hide” anything but thank goodness that stage makeup has come a long way since today’s episode (which my TV guide tells me is from 1981).  The females all looked so greasy and itchy, not to mention everyone looked like they were on 4 day hair.  

The acting was so very dramatic and the music was so ominous.  I would have been 4 when this aired and I’d imagine I would have found it very scary.  

Still loving every minute of these vintage episodes, tho!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

The lighting reminds me of the lighting they used on Dark Shadows, once they went color.  Creepy. 

Adam’s look, being so skinny and all, is what’s popular in Hollywood nowadays.  I guess it’s the metrosexual look, because you find this on many of the soaps.  Liam and Wyatt on B&B, Adam on Y&R , James Patrick Stewart on GH, and others I’m forgetting.  Personally, I love a man who looks like a man and not some skinny 14 year old. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't recall Wayne and Dorothy at all. This episode must've been when I was mostly watching AMC and OLTL.

I was watching Y&R back then and don't remember them or the entire storyline involving whoever it was with the bandaged nose. 

Doesn't seem like Vanessa thought much of Lorie, to put it mildly. And the feeling seemed to be mutual. 😾

Ya think LOL?  Vanessa Prentiss was . . . something.  Side note: I only discovered this year the actress who played Vanessa - K.T. Stevens - father was director Sam Wood.  

4 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Still loving every minute of these vintage episodes, tho!  

Seeing the character drawings in the intro again brought a smile to my face.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Seeing the character drawings in the intro again brought a smile to my face.

That was great!  As was the mid show “will return.”

I was trying to identify the people in the opening.  There was one guy that looked like Ron Perlman, but IMDB doesn’t have him listed as ever being on YnR.  Do you know who it was?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

There was one guy that looked like Ron Perlman, but IMDB doesn’t have him listed as ever being on YnR.  Do you know who it was?

Maybe Tom Ligon who played Lucas Prentiss?

• Useful 5
  • Love 2