Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Someone needs to explain to me why Connor is at the baby shower? Bella sure. But Connor? 

When Damien - I mean Connor - says he wants to go somewhere, you take him.

giphy.gif

You MUST take him.....

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Someone needs to explain to me why Connor is at the baby shower? Bella sure. But Connor? 

"Oh look honey, Connor just set fire to the cat. It was good that you did that Connor! Wasn't it good that Connor did that?"

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 22

When the new, er, latest CEO's SO shows up at the office dressed like she's about to go turn some tricks at an airport hotel. The IM tongues must be wagging like all get out among the NE staff.

Did Chloe comb her hair with a fork?

Wow, Victoria was doing a superb depiction of a spoiled brat with Nikki today. She did everything but stomp her feet. Not crazy about the ombred hair though.

Kind of a pathetic baby shower, IMO. Especially when they had to keep telling the audience what an awesome a job Chelsea did with the dollar store decorations. KMN.

Poor Bella and Connor, having to hang around that roomful of sad examples of adulthood.

Victor told Nikki the secret about Montalvo's death had to remain between the two of them. Not 48 hours later Nikki is telling Victoria. Then it'll be a contest for who Victoria runs to first: Nick, Billy, or Adam. It's like the Newman version of the telephone game.

Emotional intelligence. Pssht. Between the STD-spreading arsonist bank robber or the multiple attempted murderer? That baby boy doesn't stand a chance.

They're setting it up for a SORASed Connor and Bella to be a couple, right? They have similar robotic personalities, I think. Meanwhile, was Bella wearing platform jellies? I thought those went out of style decades ago. Every fashion comes back around, it seems.

Learned something new today. I thought dribbling only applied to basketball but now I know it works for soccer too.🤔

Of course Chloe asked Chelsea to be the godmother. Who else could she ask? Which brings up the question: who is Bella's godmother?

Meh, so Adam killed Alyssa's father. He was a child. It's not as if they're going to charge him with murder now. I think there must be more to the story. Still calling mafia connection.

Yo, Queen Elizabeth! Happy Birthday, Your Majesty! Holla at cha' girl! 🎂

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Today was a decent hair day with the exception of Chloe and Nikki. 

Hey Olive Oyl, Alyssa wrote the story.  It was not Adam’s lies. But, of course, Nikki just has to give Olive Oyl the 411. 

Could the baby shower be any more lame. Could TIIC dig up at least on more friend, beside Chelsea, to attend the party?  Bella is adorable and Connor still reminds me of Damian.  Godmother Chelsea 🤪.  Son of Godmother 👹6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣

So Victor was covering for Adam.  Let’s see how TIIC are going to handle the repressed memory?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I suggested a long time ago that Adam was molested - way back in MM times - As mop said, it explains a lot. A little boy , alone with a blind mom. 

His love for and rage at Victor. Victor's guilt  (People sometime come to hate people who make them feel guilty and then feel guilty about that too.)

If reporter girl knew or suspected something - or was a victim herself - she believed Victor. 

It could make a great story. Kevin could come in. Jack? 

Chelsea the enabler of bad behavior? not so much

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'm usually never right about these things...but I did think it was Adam or even his mom that killed this man and not Victor.  I don't have much to say about today's episode.  We'll find out about the story behind the story soon enough........why Adam killed Alyssa's father.  Knowing Y&R it will be something lame, like it was an accident and Victor helped to cover it up or something.  I was surprised that we learned so quickly the truth that it wasn't Victor, but I guess with motor-mouth Nikki, what do you expect?

If I have to witness one more friggin' scene between Adam and Chelsea, where she's going on and on about how much Adam "deserved" this CEO position, I'm probably going to start throwing stuff at my tv. 

One thing that has sort of stumped me is why this Adam plays the role so scared all the time.  The other ones were cocky beyond belief, I don't recall any of them ever looking genuinely concerned about anything Victor threw their way.  I always notice that after Chelsea leaves the room, after lavishing Adam with heaps of praise, they'll flash to him, moodily staring out a window with a look of fear. 

Could it be that he knows he killed this man? 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

None of this makes sense.  If what happened was so terrible that Nikki understood and got on board with Victor's plan, why did Victoria go gloat to Adam as soon as she learned the truth?  And Nikki doesn't give two craps about Adam, so why did she get on board anyway?  The writers must have re-written the scripts hastily when they found out production was being halted to set up some cliffhangers for the last new episode on Thursday.  That would also explain why it looked like nobody could remember their lines, especially Victor and Victoria.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
On 4/20/2020 at 11:44 PM, boes said:

Ugh.  Nobody should have to listen to Kyle give a stilted speech about honor and ethics, ever.  

I dislike Theo a lot, but I would have been very happy to see him smack Kyle on the top of his penis head and flatten that ridiculous mile high pompadour.  I know it would have made him burst into tears.  Oh Jack, if only you'd had a child who lived.

When this version of Kyle Abbott returned to Genoa City, he had been busy plotting with Victor to undercut Jack and take over Jabot for himself. When that scheme fell apart, Kyle thought Victor would continue supporting him and take him on at Newman Enterprises, but Victor blew him off; Kyle getting caught and not toppling the easiest target, was a grasping loser Victor didn't need at NE. See you never.  Boo Fucking Hoo!

Jack allowed Kyle a right to return and work his way up the ladder (as far as nepotism allows at Jabot). Kyle worked hard and earned Jack's trust. In his personal life, Kyle was still an untrustworthy putz by betraying Dumber into marrying for liver, and cheating on Lola when things became nonnegotiable and inconvenient in their marriage. 

Theo's a poisonous toady, undeserving of trust, much less a seat at the Abbott dining room table or a position at Jabot. Listening to him use Dina as a backstop for his excuses for stealing, cheating, lying and being ousted out of Jabot was infuriating. 

Seems like the GC kitchen cooked up a lot more servings of their famous Passive Aggressive Cherries Jubilee! today, since both Sharon and ButtBiscuit, in separate scenes were dishing it out like the potato salad at one of my family's Dubuque wedding receptions.  "No really, I've HAD ENOUGH, thank you".

Isn't that Lola's signature dessert at Society? Just below the Vegetable Shortening Empanadas Theo favors.

Sharon and NotBilly are professional infants at indirect resistance, procrastination and pouting, 

ButtBiscuit forced Lily to drag out of him, with everything but an "Aww shucks, Ma'am" how he was just so conflicted over the Newman story.  Uh huh, sure, "conflicted", ButtBiscuit.  Lily should have cut those scenes short by kicking him in the balls and shoving her fingers up his nose till he quit talking.

NotBilly's not conflicted; he only looks back in regret when there's nowhere left to run. He intends to be a White Knight destroying Victor and Atonal Adam, while hitting a grand slam by running Victoria's promised news feature on the new Chancellor Media outlet. I think he's setting up Lily so he can slide the story under her radar, which will blow up CM.

NotBilly will lose his mind to find out the original story is based on false information and insufficient research done by Alyssa. Who writes an expose' with minimal background research, false hypothesis, and doesn't attempt to interview the person she's accusing of murder? 

Sharon, nobody in their right mind believes you don't want everyone dancing attendance and querying what they can do for you.  OF COURSE what you're going through tomorrow deserves a lot of love and caring and attention but you're so hot and cold and up and down and back and forth I'm surprised everyone doesn't huddle in the doorway for a quick escape.

The writing behind this Health Emergency Parade is the worst in recent memory. 

Sharon's exhausting -- She's barely started her cancer treatment. -- Let the people that love you help and delegate the work, instead of being tiresome and obtuse.

It was all worth it, though, just to see Faith impersonate Victor.  Now do Nick!

That was the best part of Sharon's Pity Party.

Oh yeah, WHY was Dummer there today?  Wasn't this a competition between Kyle and Theo?  Why was she there and why did Jack allow it?

Besides, shouldn't she be at the pond frolicking with the other ducks? 

Dumber wanted to watch her plan unfold as Theo dug himself a deeper pit to bury his imagined skills and ambitions.

A gift basket from Phyllis?  Seriously?  10 will get you 20 she put itching powder in the soap.   I've never seen Phyllis be sympathetic to anyone other than herself and the guy who does dumpster duty.

It's odd how Phyllis has made herself be humane with Sharon under cancer treatment. Under all the other circumstances and SLs she's been shoehorned into, Phyllis is gorgon, shitting on people as she crashes into their lives.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 11

T&A (Kyle's the A) are both annoying. Didn't like Theo but now I hope Dina leaves him all her money.

On a side note Nostrils could be tested for Covid with a sting mop as a swab.

Sorry- that's just wrong

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Today was a decent hair day with the exception of Chloe and Nikki. 

Chloe's hair was a fright. Nicki doesn't fair well without her hair framing her face.

Hey Olive Oyl, Alyssa wrote the story.  It was not Adam’s lies. But, of course, Nikki just has to give Olive Oyl the 411. 

But Alyssa followed Atonal's transparently vindictive and flimsy premise that Victor murdered her step-father. He fed her uncertainty and desperation to solve this mystery that had haunted her life since she was a child. Alyssa didn't follow any other direction of inquiry except the one Atonal Adam laid out for her. Alyssa basically wrote her story in a vacuum; no editor, no outside researcher, her only collaborator was Atonal who had an ax to grind against Victor. 

And Atonal had Alyssa under a NDA and bought the article outright from her, so he controls the content and the publishing of the story. There's nothing to stop AA from altering the article to fit his purpose or publishing it because he's not getting what he wants out of Victor.

Could the baby shower be any more lame. Could TIIC dig up at least on more friend, beside Chelsea, to attend the party?  Bella is adorable and Connor still reminds me of Damian.  Godmother Chelsea 🤪.  Son of Godmother 👹6️⃣6️⃣6️⃣

That was an awful party; not enough booze and too much Chelsea. 

Kali knows, Con can't have his delicate sensibilities disrupted by the outside world not circumnavigating around his schedule.

So Victor was covering for Adam.  Let’s see how TIIC are going to handle the repressed memory?  

Atonal will regress and run back to Vegas, under his Spider nom de plume. -- It could happen. And Chelsea and Con can go after him.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

None of this makes sense.  If what happened was so terrible that Nikki understood and got on board with Victor's plan, why did Victoria go gloat to Adam as soon as she learned the truth?  And Nikki doesn't give two craps about Adam, so why did she get on board anyway?  The writers must have re-written the scripts hastily when they found out production was being halted to set up some cliffhangers for the last new episode on Thursday.  That would also explain why it looked like nobody could remember their lines, especially Victor and Victoria.

Of course it doesn't make any sense. Most of the SLs either fade away into the memory hole or are illogical malarkey to begin with. When TIIC starts digging into the history of Show and tries rewriting it, that's when the real ineptitude begins. The Kansas Loan Shark Murder is pure idiocy.

The scene with Victoria and Atonal looked like dramatic filler so that it set up the Thursday cliffhanger. Nicki has a dog in the fight; She certainly has reason to hate the son that tried to poison her husband and threatens her children. Atonal's an active and direct threat to all the Newman's and Newman Enterprises.  

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

There's the Victor I know and loathe.  I wondered how long it would be before the benevolent grampa mask got removed and the vindictive lying sociopath showed his true face again.  And he did it today by threatening to ruin a young woman's life just so he can keep Adam's secret.  Not because he loves the guy, oh no - but because if anyone is going to pull the wings off that blow fly of a son of his, it'll be him.  Nobody gets to hurt the ones he loves but Victor, yougotthat?  Somebody should be required to walk in front of Victor, cowled and ringing a bell to warn the living to beware.

But what's with this big secret anyway?  Why is Victor pulling it out now?  Adam's stolen the company before, Adam's done worse shit than that as nothing more than a weekend prank - think Ashley/Sharon/Dead baby/Switched Baby.  He's probably murdered people, he's definitely blackmailed and lied.  Victor set him up and sent him to prison for gawdsake so we're supposed to believe he had scruples about THIS?  

These two assholes are just different strains of the same virulent toxin.  And they are both guilty of being boring as hell.

By the way, that baby shower was like a preview of what Genoa City hell would look like.  Imagine an eternity of vacous, crowing Chelzz, nails on a chalkboard Chloe, mugging Kevin and trying too hard Mikey.  And at the end of it, Connor patiently burying them all in the back yard with Bella mopping the sweat from his lil' devil brow.  

The only thing missing from Show today were ButtBiscuit and Phyllis as co-hosts for this trip down the Hell Mouth.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 4/4/2020 at 5:45 AM, ByTor said:

A technical glitch happened when merging a discussion into the main Y&R topic, which sadly poofed it into the ether. This is your new main show discussion.  Just a reminder, snark on the show all you want, just not each other. And, as always, this is a politics-free zone; there are plenty of places for political discussions, this is an escape from it all.  

To all of you, I offer my sincerest apologies...as well as a peace bunny.

image.png.5954d46932e13abc7a52636168307225.pngOkay. With this bunny, all is forgiven!😊

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Atonal will regress and run back to Vegas, under his Spider nom de plume. -- It could happen. And Chelsea and Con can go after him.

Ahhh, if wishes were dreams...and pigs could fly...

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

The first 10 minutes were preempted but I don’t think much was missed. 

Kyle seems to regret firing Theo. It just seems odd that Theo finally put on a nice suit to turn in his badge.  In was pointed out buy Summer of all people that Kyle had to work very hard, at times, to no avail to win the approval of his father. Does that sound like another prominent family of GC. 

Olive Oyl, you disingenuous dolt, hasn’t Victor been covering for you and Banana Breath all your lives?  Until recently you’ve been covering for Nostrils for years and years.  Olive Oyl, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Your jealousy, of Adam, has turned you into the Hulk. 

Alyssa, you are a little disingenuous also. Adam now remembering killing your father is not the issue and being upset that he did kill you father is warranted but finally recognizing Adam killed your father in defense of his mother is the issue. Alyssa seemed to give her father less of a pass when she didn’t think her father wasn’t a killer when he orchestrated Cliff’s death. Also Alyssa, you got your story wrong Adam didn’t force you to write it. It was a mutual agreement to investigate and if you found nothing, Adam would have accepted the outcome of the investigation. So basically, in your zeal to become a great reporter, it was your initial jump a conclusions that Adam bought into. For now to Alyssa’s credit, she turned down Olive Oyl’s proposition.

In Adam’s defense, this is the third time he suffered from amnesia. As the little boy, after the car crash with Nostrils, and after the cabin explosion.  

Sex before work. What a concept. If Simmer was all that good, Kyle would be too tired for work.  This sort of reminds me of a line from a James Bond movie wheee Miranda Frost says to James that with you it’s sex for dinner and death for breakfast. 

You can bet the farm, not the one in Kansas, that Phyllis is going to plant some bones on Abby’s worksite. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why does Marc Grossman always look like he skipped the makeup department? He always looks so white and withdrawn compared to everyone else? I don’t know if it’s a character thing or an actor thing. I thought about it since I saw last week with Peter Bergman  without studio makeup for the Skype session about the masked ball. Granted, he’s probably 30 years older and looks great he looked a lot different without the pancake makeup. Is it just me who thinks this about Marc Grossman? Just curious.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

So Victor recounts, with amazing detail, what happened the night Adam supposedly kllled AJ. And how does he know all this if he wasn't  there?  And what about that thick file he kept in the safe? Did he show any of that to Adam? Did he offer any proof that his version of events is true? Like Adam said, hope isn't around to confirm or deny. And it's not like Victor wouldn't say or do anything necessary to get what he wants. I mean, I don't doubt the story but he's going to need more than just his word if he expects Adam to buy it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Gotta love how Victor stares stoicly off into distance as EB tries to pretend like he's not reading his next lines from something off-screen.

That's rich, Phyllis ragging on someone as not to be trusted. This from the woman who tried to hijack Jack's family's company to serve her own ravenous ego. And flaunted her affair with his brother.

Kyle! You WERE being vindictive and you always have a choice NOT to do the vindictive thing. Stop acting like you'd sorta have regrets if you weren't so justified in kicking the guy on the rung below you. D-bag. 😒

Funny how some Y&R actresses are embracing the ombre look. Trying distract from the fact that their dark roots are growing out? 😼 And it looks to me like MS got her hairline lowered again.

Wonder how long it'll be until Adam's repressed memories of committing murder come rushing back? Will that be a pre-hiatus cliffhanger?

Still don't get why Summer decided it was her job to defend and protect Kyle behind his back. Kyle is a grown-ass man. Let him handle his own twerpy business.

Wow, two legacy characters spending multiple scenes propping Theo. Hmm. 🤔

Okay, the only thing left is for Victor to produce Hope's long-lost audio journal, where she decribes in vivid detail how she helped Victor cover up Adam's childhood crime. Then either Adam's head explodes or he starts screaming, "Deepfake!"

Hope Jack remembers that convo with Phyllis when dinosaur or whatever bones are magically discovered on Abby's construction site. Thing is though, archeologists can tell if the bones had already been there or if they were brought from somewhere else. Reputable ones who haven't been bribed, anyway.

Theo's birthday? Yeah, I see you, Josh. 🙄

Heh, you overplayed your hand Miss Victoria. Alyssa's looking at you Newmans like, "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am telling all you guys to fcuk off."

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Why does Marc Grossman always look like he skipped the makeup department? He always looks so white and withdrawn compared to everyone else? I don’t know if it’s a character thing or an actor thing. I thought about it since I saw last week with Peter Bergman  without studio makeup for the Skype session about the masked ball. Granted, he’s probably 30 years older and looks great he looked a lot different without the pancake makeup. Is it just me who thinks this about Marc Grossman? Just curious.

The same reason Det. Rey Rey looks like death warmed over at Sharon's cottage. The cottage is glamour lit for SC's High Definition makeup; all other characters need to compensate for the diffused, warm tones that soften and veil the age/fillers/rejuvenation SC's had done under the spray tan and HD makeup application. CG has problems under Sharon's warm cottage lighting because her skin tone has a blue cast and ends up being washed out.

MG at the Ranch -- glamour lighting for Nicki and Victor, with compensating HD makeup -- looks like a corpse. At the condo, his skin tone is a little less sallow. When MCE and MG are in scenes together, production leans toward Chelsea glamour lighting (not that successfully some of the time). 

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So Victor recounts, with amazing detail, what happened the night Adam supposedly kllled AJ. And how does he know all this if he wasn't  there? 

Hope told him AJ came to the farm, threatened her and Atonal killed AJ. Atonal went into shock after the murder, and didn't recollect any of the events.

Victor had George move the body to the barn to indicate an accident took place, and Hope operated like normal. Atonal didn't remember any of the events and Hope was thankful for that.

And what about that thick file he kept in the safe? Did he show any of that to Adam? Did he offer any proof that his version of events is true?

Victor doesn't have to offer proof knowing the article AA is threatening him with is false; I suspect AA is fully aware that the article is based on specious evidence, easily taken apart. I'm assuming Victor holds all the pertinent proof that Atonal killed AJ, and has been withholding this evidence to protect him from justice all these years.

Victor isn't letting Atonal know anything about the file because AA would move heaven and earth to destroy it in order to desperately hang on to leadership of Newman Enterprises. This isn't the first time Atonal has tried to ruin Victor with real or trumped up evidence to control Newman Enterprises … And visa versa.

Like Adam said, hope isn't around to confirm or deny. And it's not like Victor wouldn't say or do anything necessary to get what he wants. I mean, I don't doubt the story but he's going to need more than just his word if he expects Adam to buy it.

When Victor is that certain and implacable, determined to stop Atonal's latest bout of idiocy, he has all the evidence necessary to crush AA's blackmail and pipe dream of being CEO by blackmail.

Atonal knows he's screwed, but has to keep denying everything (I don't think AA remembers killing the loan shark, but things are coming together). Atonal is trying to find out what evidence Victor has that damns him as a multiple murderer -- Ashley's baby, Delia, Vegas guy, *Dr. Taylor and Richard Hightower* and now AJ -- They will know Atonal Adam by the trail of his dead.

*Thanks for the reminder, boes

Edited by Cupid Stunt
Needed to add two more corpses Atonal Adam was responsible for killing.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Atonal knows he's screwed, but has to keep denying everything (I don't think AA remembers killing the loan shark, but things are coming together). Atonal is trying to find out what evidence Victor has that damns him as a multiple murderer -- Ashley's baby, Delia, Vegas guy and now AJ -- They will know Atonal Adam by the trail of his dead.

Let's not forget Dr. Taylor and Richard Hightower, though Show apparently has.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Why didn't Victor play this card when Adam demanded to be installed as CEO two days ago?  It's all so stupid.  And the Victor we all know and lurve would have told George to put AJ's body in a meat grinder and give the choice cuts to Hope to bake in the pie for the grieving family.  

Ewww, was Jack looking wistful when Phyllis told him she and Nick reunited?  He wasn't hoping she'd go back to him, was he?  Oh, nonononononono, just NO, Jackie.  Do I need to take you to be de-programmed?  Go have some sexy times at the cabin with Jill during the next Wisconsin snowstorm if you want to re-live the past. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Not just you - I feel the same way.  I was staring at him today in his black suit, black tie and white shirt and thought he looked horrible.  He looks sickly.

• Love 7

Ugh....I feel the same way.......Jack looking sort of devastated when Phyllis told him about Nick made me scream out loud!  He is such a gentleman, though.  I loved his response to her.

I guess the writers decided that since Chelsea wouldn't be on today, they needed another woman defending her guy to the hilt, so Summer pulled the short straw.  I can't tell you how much I detest these two women - Chelsea and Summer - being the Rah Rah Queens to their infantile boyfriends who, by the way, deserve to feel the way they do.  I'm not necessarily a Theo fan, but it seems to me that it was always Kyle who started shit with Theo.  

I also wasn't happy with Victoria and her conversation with Alyssa today.  Basically "sorry your dad was murdered, but what about me and us Newmans?"  What was it that Mariah said last week?  "Newmans gonna Newman? "  This was a perfect example of THAT!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, gingerella said:

Is this episode the one where we leave off until they start shooting again?

There's one more original episode tomorrow.

Today's episode.....yeah.......Okay....

Phyllis, shut the hell up.

Theo, shut the fluck up. 

Kyle, shut up and realize you're looking more and more like a Lauren wannabe with that boy bouffant on the top of your pointy head.

Dummer, shut your quacker and go play with the other ducklings in the pond.  You getting all high and mighty about your abilities and Kyle pulling himself up by his garter belts makes you look even more like Huey Louie and Dewey's younger and even dumber sister.

For the love of GAWD, Victor, shut up.  Adam, for the love of your dark underlord, Mr. Hankey, shut the fuck up and expose yourself to the sun's rays and end our torture.

Victoria, shut up and eat something.  Or someone, I don't care which, but shut up.  Yeah, you've worked for your job but remember, from an incredible place of privilege.  My sympathy for you getting screwed over by Daddy Dearest dried up the last 73 times he did the same thing to you.  You keep getting back together with ButtBiscuit, you keep "counting" on your idiot brother Nick to have your back and you keep letting your father pull the football out from under you EVERY TIME.  Just knock it off.  Besides, you and Nick and Abby each soaked the old man for half a billion each so quit your bitchin'.

Victor, you have never done anything solely for the benefit of anyone, especially your children or your current love, especially including Nikki.  Time and Time and time again you've screwed them over and called it love.  Lucky for you, Nikki is messed up enough to always, eventually, fall for it and your kids are idiots.  Lucky you.  But you haven't done a selfless thing since your mother ditched you at the orphanage and kept your brother because even then you were an obnoxious little putz.  You're the same, except now you have a moustache and the great Tee Shirt of Virility and Incontinence.

Adam, you're the mirror image of everything Victor is, except you're a knock off and a cheap one at that.  Hope probably wasn't really blind, she just resolutely kept her eyes closed so she didn't have to look at your rodent like little face.  No DNA test required to know whose kid Connor is.  Victor's punishment is his offspring.  Karma is a bitch.

Hey Phyllis, didn't I ask you nicely to shut the hell up?  Leave Jack alone, let him absorb his insane luck that you've decided to hitch your dumpster to Nick's far side of the moon.  If you're going to try and mess up Abby's hotel by planting old bones to suggest an ancient archeology site, you need go no further than to just lay yourself down in the dirt.  One look at you and the dinosaur dig is ON!

(There were moments in the Jack/Phyllis scenes that reminded me of how good MS could be in the old days, particularly playing opposite Peter Bergman.  Moments.  I'm not saying, AT ALL, that I want that relationship revisited, just that, long ago and far away, I didn't hate every second of their original pairing......)

Damn, Theo, shut up and realize that as juvenile and petty as Kyle and his pet duck were, it was YOU who decided to cheat, all you.  Your constant pity party doesn't play well, even in comparison with Kyle's constant pity party and Dummer's constant ....... being Dummer.   Why not play to your strength and start an oily balls home delivery service?  You'll be great at it.

Between watching Victor and Adam and Victoria, Kyle and Theo and Phyllis and Dummer, Genoa City is not an advertisement for healthy DNA.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, boes said:

(There were moments in the Jack/Phyllis scenes that reminded me of how good MS could be in the old days, particularly playing opposite Peter Bergman.  Moments.  I'm not saying, AT ALL, that I want that relationship revisited, just that, long ago and far away, I didn't hate every second of their original pairing......)

Yes!  It was that way for me today, too!   Every once in awhile, like once a month, you see a glimmer of old Red. 

• Love 13

Caught back up, the Kansas happened-off-screen-years-ago storyline is slightly more interesting now. 

I liked Sharon's salmon colored flowy top---its a nice break from the way they dress the women Wisconsinites midday/weekday like they are headed to a nightclub or cocktail party (Phyllis, Chelsea, Abby). 

Nate is probably the best looking guy on the show right now.

And.....that's all I got. 

Edited by JasonCC
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Caught back up, the Kansas happened-off-screen-years-ago storyline is slightly more interesting now. 

I liked Sharon's salmon colored flowy top---its a nice break from the way they dress the women Wisconsinites midday on a weekday like they are headed to nightclub or cocktail party (Phyllis, Chelsea, Abby). 

Nate is probably the best looking guy on the show right now.

And.....that's all I got. 

I really liked it too but $207.00 is a bit much.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, boes said:

If you're going to try and mess up Abby's hotel by planting old bones to suggest an ancient archeology site, you need go no further than to just lay yourself down in the dirt.  One look at you and the dinosaur dig is ON!

Oh, Boes, you got me laughing so hard I popped an eyeball!  You win the internet!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

It's an odd feeling when I find myself siding with Victor in an argument. IMO he's right, Nikki is a big ol' blabbermouth. But maybe he should've gotten ahead of the problem and told Adam years ago.

Aw, Theo seems so lost. No job,  no Lola. So, wonder when he and Mariah are going to have some hate sex? Yeah, I said it. Come at me. 😉

Victoria's nasty side has quite come out swinging of late. Wow. She's like a barracuda and not the Plymouth kind. 🚗

Heh, Billy looking at Amanda like, "Why you keep getting personal tho?" She might be kind of a tease. Ruh roh, Nate.

Wellness influencers. Is that a actually a thing? Like Goop? 😜

TMW you realize you're the third wheel. Hope Lily didn't have any unconscious designs on Billy. He appears to be pretty much taken to me.

Rightfully yours, Victoria? Ah, the self-entitlement is strong with this one. She and Kyle should form a support group for impatient heirs to the family throne.

Why would the CI media division get involved in promoting gaming? What am I missing here? But whatever, guess it's going to become Theo's new job. Lurking around Society pays off!

So that's it? That's how the MWTs decided to leave this thing hanging indefinitely? Meh. Hope they take this time off to fix certain storyline problems.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Yes Nikki, its your fault in giving Olive Oyl ammunition. It’s called stepmother syndrome were your jealous of your stepchild and have to put them down to benefit your own child. (Google Cinderella).  Hasn’t Nikki, the hypocrite, killed a few people herself and even had a repressed memory of one. 

WTF Olive Oyl, Adam is the most yearning to earn Victor’s respect?  I hate to tell you Olive Oyl, but your right up there also.  Olive Oyl, entitled dolt, it’s far from being right fully yours. It’s who Victor says is worthy. It’s yours by default because Banana Breath wants no part of NE. 

I really enjoyed the exchange between Mariah and Theo.  Very poignant and heartfelt.  

Fade to the NJ Governor. How I hate NJ, well not all of it but especially their terrible road system.  I guess I will have to watch the last few minutes on demand. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I just watched Y&R and I can barely remember what happened.   At least B&B left a cliffhanger.  A ridiculous cliffhanger, but I'm looking forward to seeing it come back some time in January 2022.  I understand that this break was unexpected.  But why did they waste all that time on the boring Chancellor Media meeting?  Who cares?  Why couldn't Y&R's writers leave us with something, anything, to care about?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

I just watched Y&R and I can barely remember what happened.   At least B&B left a cliffhanger.  A ridiculous cliffhanger, but I'm looking forward to seeing it come back some time in January 2022.  I understand that this break was unexpected.  But why did they waste all that time on the boring Chancellor Media meeting?  Who cares?  Why couldn't Y&R's writers leave us with something, anything, to care about?

What?  You don't care about what happens to Theo, Victoria, Billy or Adam? 

(yes!  I'm kidding!)

I totally agree with you.  I was trying to savor every minute of the show, anticipating being upset that this was the last show for awhile.  When I realized it was just going nowhere, same as always, I was as disappointed as you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Victoria can be ridiculous sometimes and she's often entitled but I didn't fault her for her reaction to the news about Adam and I sure as hell didn't fault her for holding her own with her father.  When Victor told her that she could have her CEO position back but that she'd lost his respect, I practically clapped when she told him "I can live with that".  It's about time.

Among Victor's many failings in how he deals with the people he says he loves, one of his consistent emotional traps is never telling them  what's going on and then turning around and blaming them for not being able to read his mind.  Or even worse, to actually decide to do what they feel best.  Today he blamed both Nikki and Victoria for this b.s. with Adam - took no responsibility for it at all, as usual - and ignored the many ways they've suffered both at Adam's hands AND at how he's dealt with the putz all these years.  Too bad there wasn't a synchronized Mother/Daughter crotch kicking contest today.

Then, over at Mortuary Manor, the much put-upon Adam expressed astonishment and disapproval at how far Victoria would go to protect herself.  Well, tsk, fuckin' tsk, you addlepated, cadaverous adenoidal excuse for a dead-end branch of the human race.  

Oh yeah, Victor?  Can you explain how you thought setting up Adam, when he was in his breezy blonde phase, for murder and having him sent to prison was "protecting" him from this awful truth?  Did you think 25 years behind bars would keep his mind off things?  What a prince of a dad you are.  

Adam, Victor isn't slandering your mother.  She managed the superhuman task of loving your reptilian ass, something nobody else could manage.  Until Chelzzz.  Oh you lucky man you.

I'm sorta surprised Lily didn't just drop dead at the table from having to sit between ButtBiscuit and Amanda as they droned on, sucking the oxygen from the room with their ponderous opinions.  Just imagine what it'll be like when and if they end up with Theo adding his bullshit to the information stream.  

It wasn't much of a final new episode for a while, was it?  I admit I'm sad about this.  As bad as things have been these past months, I don't want to lose this show even for a while.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

I liked Mariah and Theo chatting today. I was happy that Mariah was actually nice to him. Poor Theo is always trying with people and all he gets in return is attitude and insults. I can't help it, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a bad person deep down inside. He's certainly no Adam. 

Vicky was cold today when she told Victor she could live with his lack of respect for her as long as she got the CEO position that was owed to her. Damn girl, now I kind of don't want you to have it. 

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I liked Mariah and Theo chatting today. I was happy that Mariah was actually nice to him. Poor Theo is always trying with people and all he gets in return is attitude and insults. I can't help it, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a bad person deep down inside. He's certainly no Adam. 

Vicky was cold today when she told Victor she could live with his lack of respect for her as long as she got the CEO position that was owed to her. Damn girl, now I kind of don't want you to have it. 

Mariah looked fantastic today. I wouldn’t describe her as absolutely beautiful but I would describe Mariah as strikingly attractive.  

I would say in the real world it would be very hard for Olive Oyl to even be an executive anyplace but NE.  For me, she has come close to earning the CEO position. Olive Oyl, ran Brass and Sassy into the ground, she let Banana Breath raid NE to establish Dark Horse, she retreats under extreme pressure, and makes poor decisions.  Olive Oyl trades on the Newman name.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, boes said:

When Victor told her that she could have her CEO position back but that she'd lost his respect, I practically clapped when she told him "I can live with that".  It's about time.

inspiring viola davis GIF

• Love 7
8 hours ago, boes said:

Victoria can be ridiculous sometimes and she's often entitled but I didn't fault her for her reaction to the news about Adam and I sure as hell didn't fault her for holding her own with her father.  When Victor told her that she could have her CEO position back but that she'd lost his respect, I practically clapped when she told him "I can live with that".  It's about time.

Victoria's Declaration of Independence From Victor -- For as long as it lasts. I expect Victoria and Victor's relationship will regress back to what TIIC are most comfortable writing for their dynamic. Nicki will be in the thick of it, helping to repair the damage Victor constantly inflicts on The Family.

Among Victor's many failings in how he deals with the people he says he loves, one of his consistent emotional traps is never telling them  what's going on and then turning around and blaming them for not being able to read his mind.  Or even worse, to actually decide to do what they feel best.  Today he blamed both Nikki and Victoria for this b.s. with Adam - took no responsibility for it at all, as usual - and ignored the many ways they've suffered both at Adam's hands AND at how he's dealt with the putz all these years.  Too bad there wasn't a synchronized Mother/Daughter crotch kicking contest today.

"I'm doing this to protect The Family" is Victor's most common refrain (and should stop all other discussion) for blaming The Family when they flounder and are damaged in one of his schemes to protect them, or when his plan fails miserably. Blame The Family for your miscalculations or when one of your doppelgängers goes rogue or when your Hellspawn Atonal reverts to his natural disposition, goes on one of his frequent victim tangents as he blowtorches through The Family Victor's so busy protecting with ignorance.

I suppose Victoria should have recognized Victor's same old song and dance when he handed Newman Industries to Atonal -- After all, how many of Victor's past schemes start out with a loyal family member being thrown under the bus without explanation in order to stop a larger scheme against Newman Enterprises, cut off a worse enemy at the pass, make a bigger business deal, or thwart Hellspawn Atonal into tripping over his own faulty, badly-rendered Plot, Plot, Plot?

Victoria and Nicki should have smelled this coming and let Victor's plan to neutralize Atonal Adam unfold without interference. Why keep reliving the same scenario with Victor, when you can sit back and relax, driving Atonal to distraction trying to figure out why they're not attacking him? -- So much more entertaining and effective at striking at the soft white underbelly of Atonal's chronic insecurity.

But this was not just about Victor protecting The Family and Atonal's amnesiac habits of forgetting who he is or who he's killed lately. This was also about Victoria demanding the truth, creating her own plan to primally wound Atonal and forcing Victor's hand, while wresting control of Newman Industries for herself. Victor might have reluctantly returned the Big Chair to Victoria, but she already had taken possession of the company. 

Victor should be proud. Victoria is his mirror image in a peplum jumpsuit. And Adam no longer needs protection from his 11 yo secret self: AAs knows he's a certified killer with a long string of corpses to his name. 

Then, over at Mortuary Manor, the much put-upon Adam expressed astonishment and disapproval at how far Victoria would go to protect herself.  Well, tsk, fuckin' tsk, you addlepated, cadaverous adenoidal excuse for a dead-end branch of the human race. 

It must be hard to believe that after all his false bravado at being exactly like Victor, that his half-sister is cut from the same cloth, but she learned everything from her ringside seat at her father's knee. The only difference is that this time when discarded, Victoria fought back with unexpected and underestimated ferocity -- Another failure of Atonal's plan to blackmail Victor to sign over the CEO chair to AA. 

It was entertaining to see Victoria's enjoyment knowing AA's contracted article was crap and that AA was the real killer; something she already had firsthand knowledge of with Delia's death.

Oh yeah, Victor?  Can you explain how you thought setting up Adam, when he was in his breezy blonde phase, for murder and having him sent to prison was "protecting" him from this awful truth?  Did you think 25 years behind bars would keep his mind off things?  What a prince of a dad you are.  

As Snaporaz pointed out … It's all so stupid and doesn't make sense.

Victor could have cut off Atonal's threats to publish a false murder accusation against him the day he showed him the article, but instead had to drag Newman Industries and The Family over the coals to "protect Adam." <blerg>

Fuck Atonal. He didn't think twice to have a cockamamie story written accusing his father of murder, after his plan to poison Victor failed, and, and, and, and … Atonal would do anything, and has, to defeat Victor and steal the leadership away from chosen management. Atonal deserves nothing but prison for his past and future crimes.

Adam, Victor isn't slandering your mother.  She managed the superhuman task of loving your reptilian ass, something nobody else could manage.  Until Chelzzz.  Oh you lucky man you.

You know what your man is capable of, because you've supported his efforts to steal Neman Industries from Victor. Sleep with one eye open Chelsea.

I'm sorta surprised Lily didn't just drop dead at the table from having to sit between ButtBiscuit and Amanda as they droned on, sucking the oxygen from the room with their ponderous opinions.  Just imagine what it'll be like when and if they end up with Theo adding his bullshit to the information stream.  

I felt sorry for Lily, forced to ignore the NotBilly and Hillary 2.0s bloviating and eyefucking at the table. Lily will be gracious when she tells Nate he's wasting his time worshiping Hillz2 when she's hooking her ankles behind her ears for NotBilly..

<Ick>

It wasn't much of a final new episode for a while, was it?  I admit I'm sad about this.  As bad as things have been these past months, I don't want to lose this show even for a while.  

It was discouraging, and doesn't bode well for the future.

I'm going to try to enjoy the rerun episodes.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10

Victor sitting in semi-darkness with slow music...cut to Victoria entering "her" office and sitting in the big chair.  The music resembled the end of one of the Godfather movies (maybe II) where Al Pacino is sitting at the desk with the soundtrack playing slowly in the background.  Well played, writers.  

The fly in the ointment?  Thinking Amelia H has the acting chops to pull off being a tough, vicious businesswoman.  She is fine (I guess - at least she isn't Michelle S) as "daughter of" and "wife of" and sister of Nick; she is fine in the limited temporary-CEO position.  But not as a major player in a big-business storyline. 

But I thought yesterday's show was pretty good - I actually liked Theo and Mariah bonding a bit.  Man, Theo is sneaky; still more entertaining than Kyle.  I'm going to miss this show.

• Love 13

Doug Davidson looking like the stud he was back in the day. Heather Tom was amazing at such a young age. They still good look now but man back in the day...……….

I always forget that Scott Reeves was an abs machine back in the 90's. Bill Bell really did hire model looking people who could act, too. Good times!

• Love 14

Long ago I stopped watching Y&R; only ventured back for the tributes to Jeanne Cooper and Kristoff St. John.  But with Y&R airing classic episodes, I watched today, will probably do the same with other episodes, so hope all you regulars don't mind if I take a little walk down memory lane now and then.  

Anywho - thoughts after today's episode:

Cole popped up and I asked myself "Who is that?" Totally forgot about that character and it was during my Y&R viewing days!

I also had forgotten Sharon's mother used to be shown quite often.

Heather Tom "was" Victoria for me.

Happy to see Miguel again.

As mentioned elsewhere, I really hope Y&R repeats the David Kimble "Killer" episode.  

Unpopular past opinions:  I actually liked Ryan and Nina as a couple.  I always thought Dr. Tim was Phyllis' true soulmate who understood her.  Seeing the two together again hasn't changed my mind.  Instead it reminded me once more how I wished Y&R had gone for it.

Can't wait for the Katherine the Great episodes.  

Thanks to the regulars for letting me chime in.  

• Love 18

Yes, MissAlmond we talk about vintage Y&R here a lot and it's only going to get more widespread with Miss Rona!

The final current Y&R with Nikki, Adam, Victoria, Victor did feel like they knew it was going on hiatus for a while. But did they? I still can't figure out the math of when filming stopped, etc....but it was very cinematic at the end. We shit-talk the current regime a lot, but watching the vintage episodes with my only-got-into-Y&R-because-of-me hubby (his childhood soap was GH) its clear that there still is a consistent backbone to this show. The core families are still front and center. You could tune in now after a 25 year hiatus and still recognize some stuff. I took a 12ish year break and got back in (that whole Baldwin-Fischer LML era still doesn't resonate with me--that's when I wasn't watching--but I like Gloria as a background character nonetheless, even though I don't get it when Y&R longtime viewers get nostalgic for her). 

Mariah is the best. She can be a friend to Theo and Kyle. Honestly? Her friendship with Kyle is one of the best relationships on the show! I want another gay or bisexual woman on the show (where did that bartender go?) though. One couple gets boring...they need more of a gay cast (even if initially ancillary) just like in the late 80s Bill Bell gradually made a black cast via Mamie and Drusilla.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 13

MissAlmond, you are welcome here any time!

I took a 12ish year break and got back in (that whole Baldwin-Fischer LML era still doesn't resonate with me--that's when I wasn't watching--but I like Gloria as a background character nonetheless, even though I don't get it when Y&R longtime viewers get nostalgic for her). 

I too took a many years break. What brought me back was Gloria.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Thanks to the regulars for letting me chime in.  

Please, chime in, early and often.   We may not always agree, but there will never be any shaming here for having your own opinions.  

Preverts are a very eclectic bunch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

So - is there a schedule on what each week's "theme" will be?  I heard themes for Jeanne and Kristoff were a sure thing. Any word if they're rerunning key episodes from when Shelia kidnapped Lauren's baby?  And once again.  Please, please, please, Y&R.  I'm begging you on my knees!  A theme week of the delicious evilness that was David "Killer" Kimble would be much appreciated!

• Love 16