Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 12/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, Cupid Stunt said:

Sally is sick with ambition and Jack is the cure? -- Most likely.

Actually, that's one unfortunate trait I was hoping Y&R would not port over from B&B: while her initial attraction to Thomas was formed in one of the all too rare moments of mutural respect for one another, it did start to look more and more like Sally clung to men and couldn't achieve anything without one. And that was really sad to see for one of the last characters on B&B who wasn't a zillionaire trust fund baby and had actual ambition AND talent.

I've expressed that I don't hate this--yet (I'm sure I will eat crow on this soon enough)--but if we really, really need Jack in yet another May/December, ill-fated romance, can't Sally fall for the guy organically instead of her falling for another savior? Please, Show? 🥺

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, basiltherat said:

. . . at least the puzzle would have kept Billy out of trouble for a bit . . . 

Unless he started eating the pieces or getting them stuck in his nose.....  Our ButtBiscuit's attention span is even less the his maturity level.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 3:18 AM, Anna Yolei said:

B&B stupidly did not age up Hope's youngest sibling RJ when she was, nor older half-brother Eric/Lil Deacon, who was seen as a 13 year old on Y&R mere weeks before, but at least Brad Bell kept them both off the canvas.

RJ! I keep forgetting all about him.

It was so weird that Dick in a Box asked Jack for advice about Phylis. Hasn't Dick in a Box spent more time with her than anyone?

Not Hilary looks way too thin. Hope she's well.

Last week in the snippets of show I watched, I kept seeing Lily standing in front of a beautifully decorated tree but I never got to see a full shot of the tree and I have no idea where Lily and the tree were.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Are Nostrils and Chance brothers from another mother?  They both have the same shit eating grin lying shirtless 🤢🤮 against the headboard after sex.  Can someone please tell me how having sex is taking a relationship slow?  Maybe once but not twice within 24 hours.  Nostrils is such a putz man spreading in front of Lily, at Society, probably to cool off his balls from an abundance of sex. The man spread and another penis head is just too hot for Lily to handle 🤢🤮

I’m sorry but I take exception with Ananda acting like her birth mother made a mortal sin by giving on child to Rose and put the other one into “the system”.  She couldn’t take care of them that’s it. My grandson is adopted and living the life of prosperity. I don’t think, at all, that my grandson’s birth mother sined but she gave my daughter, who can’t have children, and son-in-law a blessing. 

It’s a Christmas Miracle both Kyle and Summer got their gifts delivered just in the nick of time. There’s just a few things I have to snark upon. Didn’t Kyle say that her was going to have his emerald split in two and put one in Summer’s infinity necklace?  Correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t see any difference in the stone size. The Diamond that was next to the stone, in the tie clip, probably was the main Diamond in Summer’s necklace. In comparison that Diamond was no where half the size of the Emerald.  It could have been a lighting difference but the color of both Emeralds where different. 

Amanda finally came to her scenes to call first instead of just knocking on the door. It wouldn’t be beyond imagination that nobody in her family knew about the pregnancy including a possible husband.  Can someone say awkward?  But just when Amanda was going to be her selfish self, her daughter knocks on the door. Oh my, what is Amanda to do now?  Amanda get over yourself. Your birthday mother was probably 18 or 19 when you were born.  It’s not that she didn’t want you or she could have made an alternative decision not to even have you.  She may have wanted you until the father turned his back on her.  Amanda, walk a mile in her shoes before you judge. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, SweePea59 said:

It was so weird that Dick in a Box asked Jack for advice about Phylis. Hasn't Dick in a Box spent more time with her than anyone?

Come to think of it, they did stay married for a pretty long time, didn't they? I can't remember what split them for good, but I remember it wasn't a whole lot of time before that split and her departure in late 2013.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I can't remember what split them for good,

Same thing that messes with all his relationships:  Sharon.  Or, rather, his sudden realization that Sharon is his soul mate and the two of them are destined for each other and their family is the most important thing in the whole universe and they should never be apart and he loves only her no matter what she has done while they were apart and nobody else and they are the happiest couple in the world.  Which lasts right up to the trek to the altar where he dumps her because he found out she made googly eyes at someone while she and Nick were apart or some other (trivial) piece of dirt on her and he calls it off.  And then he finds a new soulmate/eternal love and that lasts until he has another realization that Sharon is his soulmate and....well, you get the picture.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by MollyB
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Hasn't Dick in a Box spent more time with her than anyone?

Not so much. Jack was married to Phyllis for about the same amount of time as Nick has been--so far: about three years. That's per the Soap Central bios of Jack, Phyllis, and Nick. (Soap Central is not always correct though.)

Except Jack and Sally would be more like March/December. He could almost be her grandfather. SMH.

Quoting myself to clarify that I'm not shading my guy Jack. I'd just prefer to see him with someone way more age-appropriate than Sally. It makes no sense to me that he's single. He's handsome, intelligent, wealthy, socially-connected, and a basic good guy. He should be fighting the women off, and I don't mean sugar babies. Plus, Sally just got out of a no-win situation with a guy back in LA. I'd rather not see her put another stat in the L column right now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jack was married to Phyllis for about the same amount of time as Nick has been--so far: about three years.

But how much of that time was Jack, not Marco?  The more-exciting-in-every-way Marco is probably what extended that marriage to 3 years.

• LOL 5

But how much of that time was Jack, not Marco?  The more-exciting-in-every-way Marco is probably what extended that marriage to 3 years.

No, Jack and Phyllis had been married (ending in divorce) for about three years. It was long before the Marco thing happened.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MollyB said:

Same thing that messes with all his relationships:  Sharon.  Or, rather, his sudden realization that Sharon is his soul mate and the two of them are destined for each other and their family is the most important thing in the whole universe and they should never be apart and he loves only her no matter what she has done while they were apart and nobody else and they are the happiest couple in the world.  Which lasts right up to the trek to the altar where he dumps her because he found out she made googly eyes at someone while she and Nick were apart or some other (trivial) piece of dirt on her and he calls it off.  And then he finds a new soulmate/eternal love and that lasts until he has another realization that Sharon is his soulmate and....well, you get the picture.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yeah, Nick is a grade A fuck boy. It's been a few years since TIIC have tried to revisit Shick and I'm glad to let that sleeping dog lie, no matter how boring Sharon and Ray are together. 

• Love 5

I'm beginning to think Jack walks in John's footsteps subconsciously, whether it's good for him or not.  The age difference between him and Sally is about the same as the difference between John and Jill when they were first married.  But I agree he should be with someone closer to his age.  He did tell Carrie* that he wasn't interested in having any more children, didn't he?  (*Was that her name?  The fake Jabot chemist who was secretly working for Ashley?)  So wanting kids is not an issue for him.  I think he and Jill would be perfect, but it would have to be all via Zoom with JW.  Nina could be an interesting choice.  Or Lola's mom?  I hope it's not Lauren, like I suspected was going to happen with that whole Emerald of Sweatbeads of Lurve nonsense.  Is it lucky?  Is it cursed?  Should it not be turned over to a museum or something since it is a historic relic belonging to some royal dynasty, not to mention that it is stolen property?  I like Michael and Lauren together.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Jack had a nice rapport with Nikki a few days ago.  How about a SL where Victor develops ED and Nikki seeks comfort from Jack?  Victor & Victoria can be alone together.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Jack had a nice rapport with Nikki a few days ago.  How about a SL where Victor develops ED and Nikki seeks comfort from Jack?  Victor & Victoria can be alone together.

I like it!  Then Jack can turn the tables on Victor and tell him "You got that?" and "You have a nice day now" and watch Victor react in literal impotent fury.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

It has only been 2 yrs & 2 mos since Sharon left Nick at the altar (he deserved it), but Rey is as boring as Dullan and doesn't have any carpentry skills.

You mean he doesn't know what to do with wood? [double entendre intended.] No wonder he's boring.

• LOL 11
20 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I'm beginning to think Jack walks in John's footsteps subconsciously, whether it's good for him or not.  The age difference between him and Sally is about the same as the difference between John and Jill when they were first married.  But I agree he should be with someone closer to his age.  He did tell Carrie* that he wasn't interested in having any more children, didn't he?  (*Was that her name?  The fake Jabot chemist who was secretly working for Ashley?)  So wanting kids is not an issue for him.  I think he and Jill would be perfect, but it would have to be all via Zoom with JW.  Nina could be an interesting choice.  Or Lola's mom? 

When Celeste was introduced, I though for certain she was being built up as a romantic interest for Jack. Then all of a sudden Kyle and Lola's wedding involves Lola's runaway father, and Celeste's out of everyone's life, working on her melanoma's in Miami. Another lost opportunity ... <shrug>

I hope it's not Lauren, like I suspected was going to happen with that whole Emerald of Sweatbeads of Lurve nonsense.  Is it lucky?  Is it cursed?  Should it not be turned over to a museum or something since it is a historic relic belonging to some royal dynasty, not to mention that it is stolen property?

I hate that entire Emerald of Sweatbeads of Lurve, made worse by the Kyle/Dumber Gift of the Magi schtick. Kyle's emerald was small, and now ruined by having it recut to add to Dumber's cheap Infinity necklace/diamond chips set into Kyle's tie clip -- Tie clip of INFINITY ...

Goddess Kali smite the infidels.

I like Michael and Lauren together

I'm good with them being left as a family unit, and need to see more of them. The Kevin/Chloe Mystery Machine start-up annoys, but if it brings Gloria and Fen back to Genoa City, that will make up for the aggravation.

Christian LeBlanc's hair is stunning.

17 hours ago, deirdra said:

Every time Nicki turns to Jack for attention, she ends up gutting him and skipping back to Victor like nothing ever happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I hope it's not Lauren, like I suspected was going to happen with that whole Emerald of Sweatbeads of Lurve nonsense. 

If Jack got with Lauren would Kevin and Chloe go away? Because I'd be down for that.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

When Celeste was introduced, I though for certain she was being built up as a romantic interest for Jack. Then all of a sudden Kyle and Lola's wedding involves Lola's runaway father, and Celeste's out of everyone's life, working on her melanoma's in Miami. Another lost opportunity ... <shrug>

I hate that entire Emerald of Sweatbeads of Lurve, made worse by the Kyle/Dumber Gift of the Magi schtick. Kyle's emerald was small, and now ruined by having it recut to add to Dumber's cheap Infinity necklace/diamond chips set into Kyle's tie clip -- Tie clip of INFINITY ...

Goddess Kali smite the infidels.

I'm good with them being left as a family unit, and need to see more of them. The Kevin/Chloe Mystery Machine start-up annoys, but if it brings Gloria and Fen back to Genoa City, that will make up for the aggravation.

Every time Nicki turns to Jack for attention, she ends up gutting him and skipping back to Victor like nothing ever happened.

Maybe Eva LaRue as Celeste didn't sign on long term. She and PB would have been a good pair.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I looked up a few clips of Y&R recently and saw a recent one with Michael in it. I gotta say he wears it well, better than the show polish some actors hold onto for way too long.

The one actor who has aged the most since I stopped watching is Greg Rikaart. I mean, there's supposed to be something like a 15 to twenty year age difference between Michael and Kevin, but he looked nearly as old as le Blanc himself.

• Love 10

So I was doing a quick drive-by of today's episode while it was running live. First I saw that Chelsea was doing the cold shoulder thing again. Then I noted her Kabuki-esque makeup with the brightly colored lips and foundation that's a shade too light (compared to her neck and shoulder, anyway). At this point, all she has to do to hit the Lemme Mess with Joi Today trifecta is to have to say the word "ruin." Cheers, MCE!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I for one am glad to see Tessa again. Gee Tessa, you can't find any inspiration for writing a song about Shrey's Epic Love? Can't imagine why. They're just so passionately in love, you can see it from to moon.

I liked Tessa's wondering out loud if instrumental music would be OK.  That's ideal when there are no words to describe the pure nothingness in Shrey's relationship.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

What the heck is going on with Chelsea and her one shoulder top? She must have a dozen of those ugly things. And I never thought that I’d say this but Sharon’s hair actually looks worse than usual. Get a decent cut, woman!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What the heck is going on with Chelsea and her one shoulder top? She must have a dozen of those ugly things. And I never thought that I’d say this but Sharon’s hair actually looks worse than usual. Get a decent cut, woman!

I'm really getting sick of the "dead flat" look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Love how they're pretending like Tessa is a big star now. Her hair was gorgeous though. So shiny!

Phyllis and Nick in matching colors. Right.🙄

Is Nick charging Phyllis interest on that loan? If so, it's actually smart of her to make weekly payments to him. It pulls down the principle faster and saves her interest in the long run.

Why indeed would Victoria want to hang out at the Germy Poinsettia? I thought she put that whole thing in her rear view mirror. Guess she has to get her little thrills any way she can. 😑

Tessa's whole Morticia Addams in the 21st century look was something. A rather affected somthing, IMO. But I guess musical acts have to try to distinguish themselves from their many competitors.

This thing with Naya is driving Amanda around the bend. Maybe she should leave it alone lest she turn loony like Adam.

Adam needs to stop having confrontations with Billy. There will be no winning there, or even a chance of détente. And Billy needs to let it go too. Nothing he does to Adam can bring Delia back.

Rey, of course Sharon is okay. Her running into Adam probably left her panties a tad moist though.😉

Phyllis and Kevin. Ugh. Not this again.

"Misadventures and hijinks"? In what universe is trying to kill a young woman by trapping her in a restaurant you set on fire a "misadventure"? And don't get me started on Kevin's accomplice/partner-in-crime. Deliberately running someone down with a car you rented for the occasion is a hijink in no one's book unless they're a psycho. Phyllis and Kevin are like the dynamic duo of self-entitled malevolence.

Wait, did Nick really suggest the whole reason Victoria has marooned herself on HBIC Island is because she's no longer with Billy? Boy, hush! Billy is not the answer to anything Victoria needs. Besides, I don't want to see Victoria trying to come between Lily and Billy. Billy is not worth all that.🤨

Amanda is making an awful lot of assumptions about Naya. Real talk from Devon today to her. She needs to listen and take his advice instead getting herself worked up over a history she's largely created in her head.

Hard to imagine how Kevin didn't see through Phyllis' hey old buddy routine today. She was working him hard, especially when she asked about Gloria. Those two were never friendly, were they?

Lol, Sharon still trying to pretend like she's excited about the wedding. Cash money on the table, I'm betting that ceremony won't happen.

Chelsea's having her surgery on New Year's Day. Did I hear that right? Hope her surgeon won't be celebrating too much the night before. "Oops, you didn't want breast implants? My bad! Happy New Year's!"🥳

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Hard to imagine how Kevin didn't see through Phyllis' hey old buddy routine today. She was working him hard, especially when she asked about Gloria. Those two were never friendly, were they?

Helen Keller could have seen and heard that Ol' Phyl was laying it on with a trowel. Jeez stupid much there Kev?

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I for one am glad to see Tessa again. Gee Tessa, you can't find any inspiration for writing a song about Shrey's Epic Love? Can't imagine why. They're just so passionately in love, you can see it from to moon.

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I liked Tessa's wondering out loud if instrumental music would be OK.  That's ideal when there are no words to describe the pure nothingness in Shrey's relationship.

Moon, June, swoon, spoon, goon, loon ...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

More Tessa less Phyllis. More Tessa less Elena. More Tessa less Chloe. 🙏🙏🙏

Phyllis is obsessed with Olive Oyl as Olive Oyl is obsessed with Adam as is Nostrils being obsessed with Adam. It’s now positive proof that Banana Breath thinks with his tinny weeny for its bad enough that he’s taken Phyllis’ side but he doesn’t know how to forgive her. WTF?  Didn’t Olive forgive Banana Breath for scaring the 💩 out of her while posting as J.T. and stealing from her beloved NE. 

So now we know another story line has gone to shit. Olive Oly mentioned the phony dinosaur bones that Phyllis planted so why hasn’t Abby started up construction?  Was it because Banana Breath and Abby swapped buildings?  What happened to the other building that Abby got?  No mention of her selling it. 

Amanda and Theo are suffering from the same pathetic life because they were brought up in poverty.  Neither one of them are wearing rags and are shoeless. 

Phyllis is the forever opportunist and Kevin is the forever schmuck. Kevin’s phone call to Michael might as well been on a bullhorn. Talking about a forever schmuck, Chloe fits the bill.  Chloe get your own job and stop trying to leech off of Chelsea. 

Devon are you saying that Hilary would blow up her birth mother’s life for the sake of her curiosity?  Of course Hilary would because that’s what she did with her show. Amanda, please don’t go to her house. Have your PI find out where you can meet her in a public place. 

Banana Breath you fucking idiot. Nostrils was a better influence on Olive than Banana Breath ever thought. Another WTF moment for what Banana Breath thought and that he even has thoughts.  

• Love 6

Today's show was like a show Animal Planet took a pass on.

Who was the bigger ass today, Phyllis, Nick, Adam or ButtBiscuit?

Phyllis, nobody tried to steal the Grunting Pustule from you.  Not Abby, not Victoria, not nobody not nohow.  You needed their money and after you got it you proceeded to treat them like crap as if they were just expected to take it.  The second they snapped back you got worse.  The only dinosaur bones anyone is looking to bury are yours.

Nick is temporarily satiated by you being his own slip'n slide but that'll pass soon enough.  Nick going after Victoria for being such a meanie is pretty rich considering the crap he pulled on her with his JT impersonation and I was happy to see Victoria not give into it.  I'm liking ice in her veins Victoria a lot more than I have any of her previous incarnations.  

Were those scenes of Kevin, Phyllis and Chloe a preview of where we go in the afterlife if we've been bad?  Because if so I'm going to be so GOOD from now on.  Just imagine hearing Phyllis and Chloe yammering on and on and ON for all of eternity.

ButtBiscuit and Adam......does anyone care?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 12/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

silver fox

On 12/27/2020 at 12:25 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

This would be my last ideal episode.  Jack+Nikki - they are tying the knot - Victor strides in - "STOP!" He then grabs Jack and gives him a soul kiss, fade to credits. 

a little something for all the "Why don't they just kiss and get it over with" folks

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, boes said:

ButtBiscuit and Adam......does anyone care?

Two rich ass trust fund babies crying about who did the other wrong when both of them perpetuate the misery they bring onto their own existances is a story I liked far better when B&B did it with Hope and Steffy in the early 2010s. And I very much did not like any of that, but being 20-somethings whose family used them as pricings in their own feuds made it understandable. For two grown ass men in their.....40s?! I guess?! (who can tell how hold anyone is anymore?!), it's just completely cringe.

Even worse, it's dull. I can tune into B&B if I want to watch two characters fight over the same three things they were fighting over in 2012. Billy and Adam have done enough wrongs to each other to be even at this point.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, crowsworks said:

This would be my last ideal episode.  Jack+Nikki - they are tying the knot - Victor strides in - "STOP!" He then grabs Jack and gives him a soul kiss, fade to credits. 

a little something for all the "Why don't they just kiss and get it over with" folks

I'm with you up to a point. Jack and Nikki as end game would be nice. Jill and somebody (but who, Paul?) would also be nice. As an aside, back in the day Jack and Brad had quite a playful kitten vibe together and it wouldn't have surprised me to see a little passion erupt there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Sorry, but I cannot stand Sally...her makeup, her hairstyle and color, the tics of the actress.  I never saw her on B&B so I cannot say how she presented there.  If they continue to portray Jack making calf eyes at her - I will have to find something else to eat lunch by.  The show has made a mistake in thinking we need another overacting vamp-wannabe; unless they turn Phyllis into a happy harpy for awhile.

That being said, I would be totally onboard with her setting her sights on Kyle.  

• Love 5

How stupid would the writers be if they put Sally with Jack.  It would be like he’s doing his granddaughter, and that’s totally ick for me.  I know old farts go after young women all the time, but if they put him with Sally, it will ruin the character for me.  Put her with Kyle if they have to put her with anyone.  Hell, I’d rather see her vamping for Victor——-nah, that’s gross.  My brain is in a fog because I’m having a kidney stone attack. 

Kemper, your post times 1000.  I can’t stand Sally, and I don’t know if she’s doing this overacting or if her part is written that way, but I cannot stand it.  Does she think that overusing her way too dark lips is acting, but it’s not, and makes me FF through her appearance.  And what’s with that hangy-downy hair?  I know some designers think it’s sexy, but it’s annoying, especially when the actress is constantly whipping her head around to get it off her face, like Sally was doing today.  Either tuck it behind the ear or put it up with the rest of the hair.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Jordan is a nasty piece of work in my book, coming into the coffeehouse just to get under Faith's skin.

Wow, Lauren was looking fab today. I liked that color on her. Magenta? Fuchsia? Her face still seemed a bit frozen though. 😼

This guy. Ugh.

Cute top Elena had on. It must be very warm in the hotel lobby. Don't know about those blonde highlights though.

Lily came straight from the airport to work? Yikes. She was probably covered in germs from the plane. 🤧

So Rey asked Nick to be his best man. Hope Nick doesn't start having flashbacks during the ceremony.

Jordan was just sitting in the coffeehouse without buying anything. She's cheap too. Even if she just wanted to use the wifi she could've bought a small drink or pastry. I'm surprised Sharon allows people to squat in there.

Jack, no. NOT FOR YOU! Back away from the Sally and keep your hands where we can see them. 😞

Wonder if Mattie and Charlie ever hear from their father? Or if they even want to, hah, hah. But little bro Sam tho?

FFS, I am beyond tired of Elena still being mopey. Maybe she should follow her own advice and concentrate on what she can have and not what she can't.

Guess today was Nick Gives Sharon a Slobbery Tongue Bath For No Apparent Reason Day. 😒

In the harmonious words of Tina Turner, 🎶we don't need another hero!🎶 Get off it Billy. Lily doesn't want ChancComm looking like even more of a vanity press than it is by publishing a puff piece on her.

Nate has a house. Not sure why he was wasting good money ordering overpriced room service at the Ghastly Pinwheel. Is that more romantic than preparing a home-cooked meal? (But maybe his damaged hand makes cooking difficult right now.)

Heh, Lauren was eyeballing Jack and Sally like, "Whaaaat is going on here?" Join the club, Lauren. I'm so bothered about it I'm about to pluck out my eyes so I don't have to see it. 😑

Vodka decanted into a plastic water bottle. Bleh. Faith is definitely a novice at stealing booze. Hope snotty Jordan doesn't have a discerning palate because the taste will probably be off.

Wait, I thought Lily couldn't have kids? Isn't her baby factory permanently closed? I don't get that moment she and Billy had about having children. Geez, the last thing Billy should give to the world is another kid. 🤔

Poor Nate. Got that hotel room for nothing. Maybe Elena is a lost cause, my guy. 

• Love 9

Come to think of it, they did stay married for a pretty long time, didn't they? I can't remember what split them for good, but I remember it wasn't a whole lot of time before that split and her departure in late 2013.

You know, that breakup was actually pretty good and had me rooting for Phyllis a bit. There was a fight or two where she let out the scenery-chewing and it actually worked. Does anyone else remember that scene?

silver fox

Not only is Michael's silver fox looking good, but Lauren's hair actually looks better a little disheveled and less "busy". Sure, she still tries to come off as half her age, but it's done in more of a Diane Von Furstenberg "no I'm not going to go short and practical just because I'm over 50" way than a "I'm going to sew Irish Setter curls into my hair at the mall" way...

So Sally with Jack: As much as I'd prefer a better romance for Jack, I could see some soapy drama in making a John & Jill redux, both actors are good. Plus, I really don't think it's that out of whack age wise (well, it IS out of whack age wise and that's the point--they have to LEAN into this not pretend there is not one. Make it cornerstone to the plot).

The 90s big hair, hats, shoulder-pads et al--plus the SORASing of Philip Chancellor, Nina's teen pregnancy--made Jill Foster seem older than thirtysomething when she was with with John. John was portrayed as 70? Pushing 70? Jack seems 60something...they've de-aged him a bit though. But overall if the writing was really good and honoring history I would tune in for this.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 6