Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I didn’t realize that Phyllis had her lips pumped up back in the day. After watching Y&R, I was watching GH on which she also appeared. Her lips weren’t plumped up in that episode so she must has realized the errors of her ways. I did like her shorter hair. I am so tired of the long hair, split down the middle, barrel curled with hanks of hair hanging down in their faces. Why do all of these women want to look like every other woman?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Aw, Jack. Bad form to put a woman on the spot like that in public. Even Phyllis.

Oh man, those opening credits. So theatrical. Acting!

What was this fancy event everyone was attending at the Abbott manse?

Geez, what was Phyllis' major maladjustment this time?

Heh, the infamous Zero Halliburton briefcase. Y&R has certainly gotten their money's worth on that prop. I'd forgotten security consultant Paul used to tote it around before nutjob Neil commandeered it.

Lauren's shag haircut was kind of nice, IMO. I thought that look suited her much better that the two stringy extensions she throws over her shoulders now.

Sharon should've taught Cassie to be careful about chatting up strangers. Amanda could've been a serial killer for all Cassie knew.

Why was it weird for Colleen to have a relationship with Brad, her father? Surely Ashley wasn't jealous of her niece.

It's sad what they've done to the Chancellor mansion set. Today we got to see how big and rich in decorating detail it was.

Pssht, AFAIC Jack should be thanking his lucky stars he never had a kid with that dumpster-diving skank. I mean, look how Summer turned out. 😒

Whoa, Eva Longoria had a bangin' body. Paul was looking at Isabella like he couldn't decide whether he'd need a fork or a spoon.

So Neil was with Olivia. Where was Dru? Or had she hit town yet?

Jackie was breaking my heart, begging Phyllis to marry him. I really think she was the love of his life though, poor guy.

Good casting with Amanda. The actress did resemble Mac.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

My DVR said this episode originally aired on September 10, 2001.  I just kept thinking of that through the whole show.  

I noticed that, too. Creepy. Our world changed that day as it is now with Covid and  the protesting and riots over a horrible death. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Aw, Jack. Bad form to put a woman on the spot like that in public. Even Phyllis.

Was this episode written at the beginning of public proposals becoming a thing or was Y&R ahead of its time?  But yeah.  Bad idea then.  Bad idea now.  

• Love 4

RE: Phyllis and Lauren’s hair.  Was this some sort of modified Rachel?  I think we are past the peak Rachel in 2001, but I feel like this was a descendant of the style.  I also recall around the late 90’s / early 2000 Kelly Taylor and Donna Martin both drastically chopped their locks and had some helmet action going on.

I guess at least Phyl and Lauren weren’t rocking the plethora of sparkly baby barrettes that I was during this time.  Although, shoutout to Mac’s choker! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hi all! It’s been a very long while since I have posted. I can’t even remember when I quit watching but I started back when they started the classic episodes. I see many here don’t like them but I’m loving them. They aren’t all great but they are so much better than what I was seeing on my screen when I quit. Y&R was always a slow burn soap so to speak. Storylines weren’t over in a week. By the time a SL was ending you were very invested in what was happening.

My reason for posting is because of today’s episode. What the freaking hell was that show killing bitch JFP 🤬🤬🤬🤬thinking? AFAIC if Victor Kiriakis can still be an important part of DOOL John Abbott can/could, too. I have enjoyed seeing John these last few months and think he is very needed on the Y&R canvas. Today’s episode brought tears and then just pissed me off 😡😡😡beyond all reason. I see Victor Newman’s character show so much vileness and hatred and wonder why? Why do they think we will like that raging, narcissistic ass? He’s a VILLAIN. Ooh, I’m getting worked up just thinking he has Colleen’s heart in that disgusting excuse for a human body. Just needed to get that off my chest.😎

Edited by natalie wood
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, natalie wood said:

My reason for posting is because of today’s episode. What the freaking hell was that show killing bitch JFP 🤬🤬🤬🤬thinking? AFAIC if Victor Kiriakis can still be an important part of DOOL John Abbott can/could, too. I have enjoyed seeing John these last few months and think he is very needed on the Y&R canvas. Today’s episode brought tears and then just pissed me off 😡😡😡

And what's with that funeral?  Was this when soaps were cutting budgets to the bone?   Because where were the characters who interacted with John for years?  Y&R couldn't hire extras to fill the chapel for the funeral of John Abbott?   If Y&R wanted to write his character off, do it right!  That funeral felt cheap and lowkey for a character of John Abbott's standing and a slap in the face to Jerry Douglas who played him.  Sad.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 8

The priest who did John’s funeral had to get to a christening “up” in Lake Geneva.  🤔.  Lake Geneva isn’t really “up” from anywhere but Illinois.  🤣.  Sorry it makes me laugh, but I did grow up in that area.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

The priest who did John’s funeral had to get to a christening “up” in Lake Geneva.  🤔.  Lake Geneva isn’t really “up” from anywhere but Illinois.  🤣.  Sorry it makes me laugh, but I did grow up in that area.  

You telling me the Abbott family couldn't find another priest who would clear his schedule for the funeral of John Abbott?  Damn.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

That cracked me up, too.  It’s why Lake Geneva is the summer home to a lot of people from Northern Illinois.  And if the minister was Catholic, christenings are usually done on Sundays after mass, and funerals are not done on Sunday’s. It’s same thing with Downton Abbey when they talk about London. They lived in Yorkshire but when they mentioned going to London, they always said “We’re going up to London” when London is way south of York.

Jack was an SOB to screw with Gloria on the time of John’s funeral.  Say what you will, but John loved her and married her, so keeping her from the poor excuse of a funeral was beyond nasty.  I miss characters like Gloria and John.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Wait, which Billy was this? I don't remember him at all. He looked kind of nerdy to me.

How tacky that they didn't bring Mamie back for John's funeral. But I guess by this time TPTB decided her relationship with John was too hard to put a 21st century spin on.

Meanwhile, Dina had her private Mergeron jet. There was no logical reason she couldn't have gotten back to GC in time. They should've just said she was under the weather or something.

So why weren't any of the Newmans at John's memorial? Or the Winters? So cheap.

I know letting John go opened up a lot a new storylines for the Abbotts but geez, he was a legacy character. He definitely should've had a much better send-off. That they let the actor occasionally come back as Ghost John or whatever was poor consolation, IMO.

That was indeed a sh!tty move Jack pulled on Gloria. Just one of the reasons Jack's eventually becoming fcuk buddies with Gloria made little sense to me. Jack would've never been that desperate and Gloria would've made sure she got a lot more out of the arrangement than she did.

Bagpipes. Okay.

Wow, Kevin had the nerve get snarky with Colleen. And none of the Abbotts punched him in the neck. And then Kevin was about to step to Jack for insulting Gloria. Ugh. I'll never understand why they decided to "redeem" Kevin, yet did such a weak job of it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That was indeed a sh!tty move Jack pulled on Gloria. Just one of the reasons Jack's eventually becoming fcuk buddies with Gloria made little sense to me.

Yes, they hated each other and not in a sexual way. Like Billy and Phyllis before they got together. 

• Love 7

Oh, today we got the second worst Billy out of all the Billys who ever Billyed, and he was still better than NotBilly Buttbuscuit.  That isn't saying much, since a Pez dispenser would be better than Nostrildumbass. I think this nondescript Billy was followed by Val Kilmer Billy.  Abbott Week has been really good so far, probably the best of all of the theme weeks.  Tomorrow sounds like a disappointment, though.  There had to have been a better episode than Kyle and Lola's first and last Christmas.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh, today we got the second worst Billy out of all the Billys who ever Billyed, and he was still better than NotBilly Buttbuscuit.  That isn't saying much, since a Pez dispenser would be better than Nostrildumbass. I think this nondescript Billy was followed by Val Kilmer Billy.  Abbott Week has been really good so far, probably the best of all of the theme weeks.  Tomorrow sounds like a disappointment, though.  There had to have been a better episode than Kyle and Lola's first and last Christmas.

I blocked this Beely completely from my mind - something I know I'll never be able to do with JT's version.  Every time I blow my nose, or see a hipster doofus in the distance, I scream inside.  

I know what you mean about them showing Kyle and Lola's Christmas episode - "don't care" seems too positive a thing to say about it.  

I was hoping they'd show the episode where Colleen and JT came to the Abbott home for Christmas, surprising Traci and Jack and everyone and bringing along their kids, Mamie, Brad and little Jackie.  Oh yeah, there ISN'T an episode like that because Show just couldn't get enough of killing off the Abbott's.  

6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, Kevin had the nerve get snarky with Colleen. And none of the Abbotts punched him in the neck. And then Kevin was about to step to Jack for insulting Gloria. Ugh. I'll never understand why they decided to "redeem" Kevin, yet did such a weak job of it.

Could up believe that little turd?  I was hoping Jack or somebody would have scooped him up and deposited him in the freezer next to a packet of frozen lutefisk.  It's pretty much impossible for me to see the current version of Kevin, all bumbling and nerdy and tiresomely "funny" and in love with his psychotic Topo Gigio and not remember the fire-starting, infectious little homicidal creep that was.  

This has been a nice week of shows, all told, especially the glimpses of a younger Jack and Traci and the several versions of Ashley.  Any glimpse of Colleen is always appreciated and always makes me wish somebody would repossess her heart from that frozen wasteland it was implanted into.  One thing, though.....I can't help but wince a bit every time this week that John would call Ashley "My Beauty", remembering how not that long ago, Traci broke down and confessed to how hurtful that was to her over the years.  

I wish Show hadn't killed John, but at least we were spared seeing one of the hack head writers Show has been saddled with deciding a good storyline would be having him marry Phyllis.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Tomorrow sounds like a disappointment, though.  There had to have been a better episode than Kyle and Lola's first and last Christmas.

I'm in Canada so watched the episode today. Like many of you, I thought December 2019 was not exactly vintage. But given everything that is going on in the world today this did feel like worlds ago and was strangely soothing. Friends and family (re-united) celebrating a holiday. Wouldn't we all like to do that now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

@luv2lurk, I agree that these episodes have been soothing, like a warm, familiar blanket. Even with some of the overacting, ridiculous plots, and the way they're showing these episodes at random with no lead-in or resolution episodes. 

I'm honestly enjoying the show in a way I haven't in a very long time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 6/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Yes, Lisa is very delusional and krazy. Taped messages were created and sent to Lauren and Tracy that Brad was not in love, was leaving them and Genoa City 4Evah!

And she hired (special guest star) Rich Little to do the impersonations!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Tomorrow sounds like a disappointment, though.  There had to have been a better episode than Kyle and Lola's first and last Christmas.

12 hours ago, luv2lurk said:

I'm in Canada so watched the episode today. Like many of you, I thought December 2019 was not exactly vintage. But given everything that is going on in the world today this did feel like worlds ago and was strangely soothing. Friends and family (re-united) celebrating a holiday. Wouldn't we all like to do that now?

All this episode did to remind me is that TIIC are idiots; they shatter a perfectly good pair of Young Marrieds in less that 6 months of marriage to prop up Theo as Not An Abbott/toss out Lola/give someone for Dumber to fuck/Kyle wins the Class A Moron contest. And how well they've written NotBilly into a lyingcheatinguselessscuzzball corner, never to return to polite society.

Society, the Abbott Mansion, and Kyle and Lola's apartment were beautifully decorated; sort of a gimme to past Christmases, and tweaking our collective memories. Tracy, Dina and the other Abbott's singing Oh, Come All Ye Faithful was lovely; I've missed Dina, and hate what TIIC are doing to her character.

Why choose this episode of all the years of episodes available? All it did was shine a very harsh light on the mediocrity of the present regime. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

Geez, compared to the Abbott manse, Victoria's house IMO looked like cubicles from a discount furniture warehouse.

Ugh, Kyle. Waffling POS.

Fen's kinda old to be still getting an allowance. Lauren and Michael might want to stop coddling him. 😒

Jack is still a much better brother to Billy than Billy deserves.

I eagerly await the day when the ruching fad peters out. Today was almost ruching overload. Oy.

Bleh, Kyle and his wierd body that he seems to be so proud of. Something about it just seems plastic and manufactured to me. 🤔

Heh, the Abbotts were big on giving each other bigass books. Too bad Kyle and Lola didn't stay together long enough for Lola to use her gift from Kyle.

So sweet of Jack to read that poem for his family. Over at the Newmans' Victor was probably regaling his captives with the oft-told tale of how he built NE from the ground up with his bare hands. In his mind that's the real nativity story. 😑

Yeah, I don't know how an episode which aired barely six months ago can be considered "classic." Scraping the barrel much?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, natalie wood said:

My reason for posting is because of today’s episode. What the freaking hell was that show killing bitch JFP 🤬🤬🤬🤬thinking? AFAIC if Victor Kiriakis can still be an important part of DOOL John Abbott can/could, too. I have enjoyed seeing John these last few months and think he is very needed on the Y&R canvas. Today’s episode brought tears and then just pissed me off 😡😡😡beyond all reason. I see Victor Newman’s character show so much vileness and hatred and wonder why? Why do they think we will like that raging, narcissistic ass? He’s a VILLAIN. Ooh, I’m getting worked up just thinking he has Colleen’s heart in that disgusting excuse for a human body. Just needed to get that off my chest.😎

JFP did help to facilitate the slow death of this show, but John was killed well before her time. That one, along with killing off Cassie, was Lynn Marie Latham, who IIRC was finally sacked after the Out Of the Ashes story failed to generate ratings.

Oddly enough, the only thing I'll give JFP was the lack of kowtowing to EB. He stopped being the focus of every single storyline. Having Steve the wood block Burton as her fave pet was a fair trade off for that.

All that out the way, seeing old episodes of Victor over the past few weeks have only serve to remind me at even at his best, he's always been a selfish prick, even if his dasterdly plans were a bit smarter. I don't understand his appeal in the slightest.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

All that out the way, seeing old episodes of Victor over the past few weeks have only serve to remind me at even at his best, he's always been a selfish prick, even if his dasterdly plans were a bit smarter. I don't understand his appeal in the slightest.

Let me second that.  I never liked him, never got his appeal and watching all these old episodes didn't change my opinion in the least.  

Victor, IMO, is just so one-note.  Besides his raging and almost legacy misogyny, he's unpleasant almost all the time and almost criminally self-centered.  And it seems to me that EB has always played him as almost bored with the role and bored with his co-stars.  I've enjoyed some storylines he's been in but pretty much never enjoyed him.  Hell, I still root for his parents dumping him on the side of the road.  He'd have made Stitch's little psychopath and Genoa City's current stand-in for Damien seem like Wee Willie Winkie.

Oops I forgot, Wee Willie Winkie is Phyllis' bedroom nickname for ButtBiscuit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I read EB interview in SOD. He says he misses his Newman family. He mentioned by name MTS, JM, AH & MO. He has worked the most with them for a very long time. He didn’t mention nuAdam. I guess he’s not that into him. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I read EB interview in SOD. He says he misses his Newman family. He mentioned by name MTS, JM, AM & MO. He has work most of them for a very long time. He didn’t mention nuAdam. I guess he’s not that into him. 

Who is AM? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, geauxaway said:

What’s next week’s theme?

"Romance Week".  Ooofah...that could be anything, since they use the word "romance" pretty loosely.  They should have a week devoted to all of the places Phyllis has left bodily fluids.  Elevator Monday, Dumpster Tuesday, Kitchen Island Wednesday, Office Desk Thursday, Sofa That Doesn't Belong To Her Friday.  Additional sponsorship provided by Lysol. *DOES NOT CURE CORONAVIRUS*   

And July can be Doppelgänger Month!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Speaking of the old episodes, I never true grasp how slowly Y&R moved until I got a YouTube suggested for the John and Jill divorce story. Jack and Jill boinked in November of '83 and John finds out about the boink in May of '85. Actually, he only finds out Jill slept with someone as Lindsay obscured Jack's face as of the point that I've gotten to. Like, I was born in 1986 and I get the sense this story didn't truly get finished until I started kindergarten. 😛

I'm exaggerating, but only slightly so. It's not that the story is bad per se, but im amazed at William Bell's ability to drag out a story for that amount of time, compared with, say, how the B&B Baby Story that killed that show went from "death" to reunion in under seven months (an entirely breakneck speed that is unheard of for that story trope).

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

"Romance Week"

I had to look it up because I'm a glutton for punishment. Thankfully, no Billy and Phyllis.

Mon Victor (Eric Braeden) romances Ashley (Eileen Davidson), Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) is wined and dined by Matt (Robert Parucha), and John Abbott (Jerry Douglas) is charmed by Joanna Manning (Susan Seaforth Hayes). Originally aired on July 18, 1986.

I remember this. She should've gone for Matt. If John had married Joanna, he would've been married to Lauren's mother and sister(Jill)

Tues Nick (Joshua Morrow) transports Sharon (Sharon Case) to a faraway land, and Isabella (Eva Longoria) schemes to keep Paul (Doug Davidson) and Christine (Lauralee Bell) apart. Originally aired on June 7, 2001.

Never cared for Nick and Sharon. Don't remember this. Faraway land: The land of Neanderthals?

Wed Michael (Christian Le Blanc) proposes to Lauren (Tracey Bregman), while Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Sharon (Sharon Case) await news on Cassie’s (Camryn Grimes) condition. Originally aired on May 5, 2005.

Thurs Chloe (Elizabeth Hendrickson) professes her love to Kevin (Greg Rikaart), and Daniel (Michael Graziadei) rings in the New Year with Abby (then played by Emme Rylan). Originally aired on December 30, 2010.

Did anybody care about Dabby? 

Friday Lily (Christel Khalil) and Cane (Daniel Goddard) invite family and friends to Provence, France, for their second wedding and Victor (Eric Braeden) and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) worry about Victoria’s (Amelia Heinle) future with Billy (then played by Billy Miller). Originally aired on February 14, 2012. 

I don't dislike Lane as much as some of you but blah. At least you get Billy Miller. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I had to look it up because I'm a glutton for punishment. Thankfully, no Billy and Phyllis.

Mon Victor (Eric Braeden) romances Ashley (Eileen Davidson), Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) is wined and dined by Matt (Robert Parucha), and John Abbott (Jerry Douglas) is charmed by Joanna Manning (Susan Seaforth Hayes). Originally aired on July 18, 1986.

So it was bugging me how different JD looked in the early days and today's episode reminded me that he did, indeed, have a bit of work done. And I thought his more open-eyed expression looked great on him. 

I remember this. She should've gone for Matt. If John had married Joanna, he would've been married to Lauren's mother and sister(Jill)

Matt was and is a gorgeous man. And agreed that Nikki and Ashley were fools to toss him aside for the far inferior Pricktor.

Tues Nick (Joshua Morrow) transports Sharon (Sharon Case) to a faraway land, and Isabella (Eva Longoria) schemes to keep Paul (Doug Davidson) and Christine (Lauralee Bell) apart. Originally aired on June 7, 2001.

Please tell me that's not an euphemism for Banana Breath's skillz in the bedroom are concerned.

Never cared for Nick and Sharon. Don't remember this. Faraway land: The land of Neanderthals?

Wed Michael (Christian Le Blanc) proposes to Lauren (Tracey Bregman), while Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Sharon (Sharon Case) await news on Cassie’s (Camryn Grimes) condition. Originally aired on May 5, 2005.

Cassie's death...that was a hard one to watch the first go-round.

Thurs Chloe (Elizabeth Hendrickson) professes her love to Kevin (Greg Rikaart), and Daniel (Michael Graziadei) rings in the New Year with Abby (then played by Emme Rylan). Originally aired on December 30, 2010.

I liked Emme's Abby the best (even though MO has grown on me, especially with the Arturo cheating reveal). But (ducking for flames), I actually liked Daniel and Scamber together better.

Did anybody care about Dabby? Nope.

Friday Lily (Christel Khalil) and Cane (Daniel Goddard) invite family and friends to Provence, France, for their second wedding and Victor (Eric Braeden) and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) worry about Victoria’s (Amelia Heinle) future with Billy (then played by Billy Miller). Originally aired on February 14, 2012. 

Boo! Hiss! to lame Lane, but I'm all for the One True Billy to Rule Them All. I wish they would show that moment of Victoria reaching out her hand to literally pull Billy out of the gutter.

I don't dislike Lane as much as some of you but blah. At least you get Billy Miller. Billy Miller time will always be welcomed.

• Love 4

Everything about Paul - to his sweater, gold chain, and chest hair to his neon Paul's sign in his apartment - screamed 80s. And I had forgotten Lauren was married to him. I feel like they broke up because she submitted nudes of him to Playgirl or somesuchshit. 

And hello, Andy aka Steven Ford. He and Paul served up the blue-eyed blond quotient. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Everything about Paul - to his sweater, gold chain, and chest hair to his neon Paul's sign in his apartment - screamed 80s. And I had forgotten Lauren was married to him. I feel like they broke up because she submitted nudes of him to Playgirl or somesuchshit. 

And hello, Andy aka Steven Ford. He and Paul served up the blue-eyed blond quotient. 

Paul was also so tan.  Like straight from the tanning bed.  Good times!

39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Was that Nikki's hair or was she wearing a hat?

There was a hat?  I was so distracted by the sleeves!

• LOL 7
29 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

All that was missing were the Nagel prints and the track lighting.

• LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Nicki looked like a tropical; fish. So much going on there … hair, dress, makeup … the whole shebang.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Monday's entire episode was a homage to the 80's, damn the romance.  That episode also was filmed differently.  However I'm enjoying a glass of wine and can't remember the technical term that explains it.  Oh well.  Here's to big hair and shoulder pads and those of us who survived them!  🥂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So who was that Matt guy? He and Victor were cracking me up with their posturing like they were trying to out-handsome each other. Please.

So Victor and Nikki were still married and living together but dating other people? WTAF? I didn't think open marriages were a thing in the 80s. 😌

OMG, Paul in his Miami Vice by way of Genoa City outfit. Sonny Crocket he was not. And he and Lauren wearing matching colors was too cute. 😑

I thought Nikki's hair was amazing! And I also liked that she didn't use that silly baby voice with Matt.

Whoa, had John Abbott had a close encounter of the third kind with an airbag? He looked totally beat up to me. How nice that they wrote JD's nip/tucks into a storyline like they did for JC.

That Joanna person seemed familiar. Was she on another soap? 🤔🙄

When Victor brought over that gigantic gift box I was expecting it to be one of those "portable" Compaq computers. But no, it was just a model of JaBoat before it eventually ended up in Billy's spendthrift hands decades later.

A yacht? Who gives someone a yacht for a wedding gift? Oh yeah, TGVN. 😒 Yeesh, I think he might as well have given Ashley a pallet of money and then set it on fire.

Goodness but Victor could lay it on thick. Ashley was practically swooning from all those trite lines rolling out of his mouth. If only she had known then how many kinds of hell she would later go through because of him.

Lol, Ashley told Victor what she was feeling was called ecstasy. I didn't realize she was hitting the molly back in the day. That explains a lot. 😼

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It was Susan Seaforth Hayes.  Probably most well known as Julie (of Julie and Doug / Hope’s “parents”) on Days.  I thinks she’s been around the soap circuit tho.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Joi,  that was Susan Seaforth Hayes..

or what geauxaway said !!!  😀

Edited by SiouxB
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So who was that Matt guy? He and Victor were cracking me up with their posturing like they were trying to out-handsome each other. Please.

So Victor and Nikki were still married and living together but dating other people? WTAF? I didn't think open marriages were a thing in the 80s. 😌

OMG, Paul in his Miami Vice by way of Genoa City outfit. Sonny Crocket he was not. And he and Lauren wearing matching colors was too cute. 😑

I thought Nikki's hair was amazing! And I also liked that she didn't use that silly baby voice with Matt.

Whoa, had John Abbott had a close encounter of the third kind with an airbag? He looked totally beat up to me. How nice that they wrote JD's nip/tucks into a storyline like they did for JC.

When Victor brought over that gigantic gift box I was expecting it to be one of those "portable" Compaq computers. But no, it was just a model of JaBoat before it eventually ended up in Billy's spendthrift hands decades later.

A yacht? Who gives someone a yacht for a wedding gift? Oh yeah, TGVN. 😒 Yeesh, I think he might as well have given Ashley a pallet of money and then set it on fire.

Goodness but Victor could lay it on thick. Ashley was practically swooning from all those trite lines rolling out of his mouth. If only she had known then how many kinds of hell she would later go through because of him.

Lol, Ashley told Victor what she was feeling was called ecstasy. I didn't realize she was hitting the molly back in the day. That explains a lot. 😼

When you were talking about Jerry Douglas nips & tucks i thought you meant he was doing a shirtless scene. LOL!!! To this day the killing off of John Abbott was an awful decision. He & Jack years of stories to to be played out. I’m not who the writer was that killed him off but I don’t think there anymore. Rightfully so. Also, Jerry Douglas best stuff was during the John & Jill (Brenda Disckon) divorce storyline along with Terry Lester playing Jack. OMG!!! It was off the chart. They have the whole storyline on YouTube. I recently watched it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

When I saw that hair at first I thought these were the drunk Nikki days, but I believe this is really much earlier than that. So I don't know what the excuse is.

5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

All that was missing were the Nagel prints and the track lighting.

And Danny's clear telephone.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

😼

Matt is Victor's younger brother. Their mother dropped Victor off at the orphanage but kept the infant Matt. AFAIK Matt is still running NE's South American division.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Monday's entire episode was a homage to the 80's, damn the romance.  That episode also was filmed differently.  However I'm enjoying a glass of wine and can't remember the technical term that explains it.  Oh well.  Here's to big hair and shoulder pads and those of us who survived them!  🥂

It looked like it was a kinescope. Hahahahaha!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

Joi,  that was Susan Seaforth Hayes..

or what geauxaway said !!!  😀

I had a really hard time placing her.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen her with that dark of hair before!  I knew I knew who it was, but it took a minute.

• Love 6

Paul was showing major chest hair with 80’s v-neck. Also, him & Lauren in matching colors was hysterical. Were they going out or just hanging out at the apartment? I thought Steven Ford did a good job of a nice & stable Andy. He wasn't terribly exciting but solid nevertheless. I remember the Farren storyline really well. That said, she wasn’t on that long & didn’t have a ties to any major characters in Genoa City. That’s a killer for a newbie. The 80’s were rocking the day glow colors. I was a few years too old for that & not nearly as cool. Good times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5