Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Was why Phyllis trying to kill Cricket again? Was it because of Danny being all sad that Cricket was marrying Paul and not paying any attention to her after she tricked him into believing that Daniel was his biological son?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I do often wonder how / why they chose Wisconsin for the setting for YnR.  I would love some behind the scenes info on that.  I remember the first time I learned that GC is in WI.  I was like really?  How?  Why?

55 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Bill Bell was from Wisconsin, or went to GC for vacations when he was young. It's something like that.  

The midwest was a popular location for soaps.  Y&R is in WI.  Another World was in MI.  Guiding Light and As The World Turns were in IL. DOOL is in the midwest. Generations was set in Chicago.

I think part of it was because Irma Phillips, the force behind so many soap operas, was born and lived in Chicago.  Many of the radio versions of soaps started there.  William J. Bell also grew up in Chicago. 

WI is a close vacation destination for people living in Chicago so it'd make sense if that's why he chose it.  Plus, it'd be a way to differentiate Y&R from some of the other midwest-based soaps he worked on. But poor guy if he had to vacation in Genoa City.  I don't think there's much there.

I have questions about yesterday (Tuesday):

Why was Lauren modeling her gift for Christine, who is marrying her former husband? 

And what was John and Jack's plan with Jill?  Clearly they felt they were getting away with something but what?

• Love 7

The Bells had a summer cottage in GC.  If you went on a boat tour of Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) in the 60s it was pointed out to you.  That was because Lee Philip was the more famous one in Chicago --she was a local noontime TV host and quite a groundbreaker.  Some people say she was Oprah before Oprah, but Lee was serious and there was no studio audience to give prizes to.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Why was Lauren modeling her gift for Christine, who is marrying her former husband? 

Probably because Lauren wanted to show off her hot bod. I guess the party attendees were supposed to be impressed, titillated, amused?

And what was John and Jack's plan with Jill?  Clearly they felt they were getting away with something but what?

I think Jill failed to read the fine print where it indicated she would have to leave Billy in WI and hand over custody to John. So not only were they getting rid of her to the other side of the country (which may have been a fake job), they were getting Billy out of her clutches so she could no longer use him as a chess piece.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

If you went on a boat tour of Lake Geneva (Wisconsin) in the 60s it was pointed out to you.

Huh.  Thanks.  When I looked on the map, Lake Geneva was about 15 minutes away from Genoa City but I guess it extends as far as the lake?

3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Jill failed to read the fine print where it indicated she would have to leave Billy in WI and hand over custody to John.

That's what I was assuming but it wasn't clear.  It'd be nice for a little pop up explaining that kind of thing.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Stephanie must have left her bifocals at home, because one does not think twice when someone that looks like Malcolm asks you out.    

Stephanie was a a woman Dru and Olivia connived to push at Malcolm, post-cold medicine sex, to keep his sexual attentions on another woman and off of Dru's inconvenient pregnancy. Stephanie was new to the hospital and very ambitious, and that means living for your job.

I don't care how handsome Malcolm Winters was, any guy that thinks he's above taking No for answer and demands to know what's more important than going out with him on NYEve can go pound sand.

• Love 9
On 6/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

I heard a segment of viewers didn't like the mixed race SL, and TIIC retreated as quickly as possible by killing off Luan and sending Keemo (Jack's son) packing, never to be spoken of again. I don't know anything substantive PB may have said about the SL .

I don’t remember any problems with race. I do remember that this was story came about after ATWT had so much success with their story of Vietnam vet Tom and his daughter Lien. Tom was a long established character on the show, possibly the only soap character to be born and become a grandfather during a show’s run.  Viewers saw Tom go to Vietnam and return home. As far as I can recall, no one ever mentioned Jack being a Vietnam vet  until they wanted to copy ATWT. That was my problem with the S/L. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

A similar audience reaction to a potential interracial romance ended up putting the kibosh on Angie and Peter's character on AMC just before he jumped to Y&R. 

There was also the backlash about Neil/Victoria. Both actors received death threats behind that, and this was in 1998 or so. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Viewers saw Tom go to Vietnam and return home. As far as I can recall, no one ever mentioned Jack being a Vietnam vet  until they wanted to copy ATWT. That was my problem with the S/L. 

By the time Y&R did the Vietnam S/L I had divided the actors as The Two Jacks and just didn't buy Terry Lester's Jack going off to Vietnam.   OTOH, I believed Peter Bergman's version would plus his Jack was more romantic so I could see it.  When the hotness of Keemo Luan arrived, I was onboard.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

The Paul/Christine episodes are the best alternative to Xanax I've come up with since the doctor gently suggested I start counting sheep instead.

BUT, yesterday's episode with Phyllis putting the pedal to the metal made me wish they'd shown us where Phyllis went after she ran them down.....

Road Trip!!!!......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11

I found myself thinking something nice about Cockroach for a change. That dress was gorgeous on her - the blue matching her eyes perfectly. The hair was better than her greasy tendrils look with Danny but it needed some waves/curves. 

I loved the Luan/Jack storyline and am still annoyed there's nary a real mention of Keemo in all these years. And I'm sure Phillip Moon has better things to do but we need someone better than Kyle, who is ruined for me at this point.

Such a shame Elizabeth Sung passed away a few years ago. And I just remembered that she and Phillip Moon both appeared in The Joy Luck Club movie. She was such a good villain in that movie. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I found myself thinking something nice about Cockroach for a change. That dress was gorgeous on her - the blue matching her eyes perfectly. The hair was better than her greasy tendrils look with Danny but it needed some waves/curves. 

I loved the Luan/Jack storyline and am still annoyed there's nary a real mention of Keemo in all these years. And I'm sure Phillip Moon has better things to do but we need someone better than Kyle, who is ruined for me at this point.

Such a shame Elizabeth Sung passed away a few years ago. And I just remembered that she and Phillip Moon both appeared in The Joy Luck Club movie. She was such a good villain in that movie. 

It is funny that Peter Bergman hates the Laun storyline which includes Keemo. I’m not sure exactly why though. I don’t know if he didn’t want a son that old or he didn’t like the actor(s) but he’s gone on record that he’s glad there’s no mention either of them.

41 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It is funny that Peter Bergman hates the Laun storyline which includes Keemo. I’m not sure exactly why though. I don’t know if he didn’t want a son that old or he didn’t like the actor(s) but he’s gone on record that he’s glad there’s no mention either of them.

I read somewhere that PB didn't like the idea that Jack would abandon his family like that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

It's funny I could see Terry Lester's Jack as more the more one who---so young in Vietnam--could do that. The character of Jack had grown up a bit by the time PB played the role. Also, Terry Lester's Jack always read as a little bit older to me, probably because of the glasses and 80s look.

Sadly, I can see them ignoring because of the classic aging vagueness with soap characters. By making the Vietnam War so central to that plot they boxed themselves in for recasts and the "perma-59" thing so many soap characters have (after jumping from being perma-45 for like two decades). Otherwise I could see a 30something Henry Golding-type arrive in GC as Keemo to clash with Kyle and Theo! Especially now.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Oh FFS, Danny had to make Christine's wedding day all about himself. Wah, wah.

Ehhhh, Malcolm buying Olivia groceries. Wasn't she gainfully employed as a doctor? I don't see why he was treating her like a charity case. More of his macho "I'm da man" b.s. I guess.

I still can't get over how different SC looked back then. Has she had some work done on her face? Maybe had her nose slimmed a bit?

Did Nathan go nutz and kidnap little Nate? Yikes.

Wow, Nikki's wedding ensemble was rather avant-garde. I think she always looks good in the solid jewel tones.

So what happened to all the girlfriends Christine had at her lingerie shower yesterday? Today it was just her and Nina. 🙄

Looked like Victor got accidentally trapped in a spray tan booth. 😼

Olivia. What you needed to do was give Nathan your "word" and then as soon as he brought Nate back, have him arrested. He took the kid across state lines too.

I'm not even going to ask why Victor of all people walked Christine down the aisle. My head just exploded.

Bleh, I guess by this point LB had settled into the center part for her hairstyle. Girl, no. You were too old to be still trying to look like the high school prom queen.

No Abbotts at the wedding. Or Chancellors. Or Baldwin/Fisher/Fenmores. Hmmm.

While I liked the color of Christine's gown I thought the style was too young for her. A bit Disney princess-y, IMO. Plus I think that mass of crinoline and veil overwhelmed her.

Time and place, Olivia! How do you interrupt Paul in the middle of his wedding reception for your family drama du jour? Geez.

Phyllis was 100% insane. Did she conveniently forget what she did to stop Christine and Paul's first intended wedding ceremony? I'm amazed she didn't bring a cake over to Danny's too.

Otherwise I could see a 30something Henry Golding-type arrive in GC! Especially now.

Yes! No reason he couldn't be Jack's grandson. (Well, maybe make him a little younger.) Kyle would LOVE that, tee hee. 😉

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm not even going to ask why Victor of all people walked Christine down the aisle. My head just exploded.

Yes, it has been very interesting to see who Victor was friendly with back in the day.  And how many of those people ended up loathing him.

Drinki doesn't seem happy in any of these old episodes, ever.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I still can't get over how different SC looked back then. Has she had some work done on her face? Maybe had her nose slimmed a bit?

I know what you are saying.  I’m trying to figure it out, too!  Baby fat, maybe?  I even had to look up how old SC is now and then deduce how old she would have been in 1996.  I still can’t put my finger on it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, bannana said:

I'm trying to remember them being close, but I can't think of anything. John would've been a more logical choice since Cricket was a Jabot model and John would've have been her stepfather. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, JasonCC said:

It's funny I could see Terry Lester's Jack as more the more one who---so young in Vietnam--could do that. The character of Jack had grown up a bit by the time PB played the role. Also, Terry Lester's Jack always read as a little bit older to me, probably because of the glasses and 80s look.

Lester was born in 1950, Bergman in 1953 so yes, Lester was older.  But as someone said, Jack never mentioned Vietnam. Indeed Lester's Jack was written as being in college during the time period which was another issue with the retcon storyline.  I think the poster is correct that Y&R jumped  As the World Turns bandwagon as if there was no way to introduce an Asian woman without the backdrop of Vietnam.  The show could have just as easily written Jack met and fell in love with Luan in college but was nowhere near ready for marriage.  Luan suddenly dropped out, disappeared and college Jack went on with his life.  Years later, reminiscing over drinks with a college friend, the friend asked Jack whatever happened to his old love, Luan?   The more mature Jack started searching for his old love and discovered Luan dropped out due to being pregnant.  Y&R could have then picked up the S/L they used from there.  That scenario would have been far more consistent with both Jack's.

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Was that a radio or CD player Christine had next to her bathtub? Somehow that doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I would think the steam would make the metallic innards rust, or there'd be an electrocution risk if it was plugged in.

HT Victoria was working that Marilyn Monroe look hard. And again I have to laugh at the thought of AH Victoria pulling that off now.

I didn't recall that Nikki had worked at Jabot. Anyhoo, that short shag looked good on her. It made her look years younger IMO.

Was Nikki married to Victor at this time? I don't know how Victor would've been okay with Nikki working for/with his arch enemy.

Man, if I'd been in a drinking game for every mention of "Damon Porter" I'd be about passed out by now. Four characters spent a chunk of the episode talking about this guy by his full freaking name.

Jack said Damon was Jabot's chief chemist. Where was Ashley?

Gotta say it, Paul had a nice body back then. And a great right hook. Isabella, you got knocked the fcuk out! 😴

Wonder if Christine has ever sat down and tried to figure out why other women kept trying to kill her. 🤔

Hmm, looks like the bloom was off the rose of the Jack & Phyllis marriage. And didn't she sleep with Damon at some point?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I found a film clip of Isabella's first job, which I'm sure gave her the inspiration for the beauty regime she gave Christine.

If only her first words after being revived had been, "Calgon, take me away".

LLB must have looked like a prune by the time they finished that shoot.

ETA - I pretty much felt like I was "soaking in it" too, all through this Paul/Christine Highlight week.  And I don't mean that in a good way......

• LOL 7

^^^Yeah, outside of the handful of Christine & Paul fans (is there even a cutesy couple name? Chraul? Pristine?) I don't know who was waiting for those two to have their own focus week. Plus, I wonder why we didn't get a repeat of their last wedding, which mindbogglingly took place at Kay Chancellor's memorial service. I will never understand why TPTB chose to disrespect JC/Kay in such a way. "Gee, as long as we've got everybody together, let's just tag on a makeshift wedding for two largely supporting characters." Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I will never understand why TPTB chose to disrespect JC/Kay in such a way.

at least they didn't use the Hot Dog Cart caterer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 7/1/2020 at 5:57 PM, babyhouseman said:

On 7/1/2020 at 4:35 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wouldn't it have been announced in the GC Chronicle society pages?

I don't know if they were society. Mary Williams would've wanted a  long wedding writeup in the paper like they used to do. The bride wore lace from blah, blah, and satin from blah, blah, and she carried tea roses. Or at least an engagement announcement. 

Ha! "Society" and "Mary Williams" are two words I never thought I'd see in a sentence! Mary Williams, IIRC, was a bitter, dried out old housefrau whose sole mission was to cock block Paul & Christine. I think she was a far from 'society' as one could be. I'd include the Staph Infection there too, but I think she's probably the queen of the dumpster-humping society so...yanno...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Ha! "Society" and "Mary Williams" are two words I never thought I'd see in a sentence! Mary Williams, IIRC, was a bitter, dried out old housefrau whose sole mission was to cock block Paul & Christine. I think she was a far from 'society' as one could be.

Of course but I was thinking more of Christine versus Paul and Mary. Wasn't Christine sort of society-adjacent? Her mother had been married to John Abbott at one time and former father-in-law Rex Sterling had been married to Katherine Chancellor. Plus, Abbots, Chancellors, and Newmans attended at least one of her several weddings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Ha! "Society" and "Mary Williams" are two words I never thought I'd see in a sentence!

The Williams were one of the few middle-class families on the show. The father was a cop, mom was a housewife. Mom cooked even though the dishes didn't sound good.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

The Williams were one of the few middle-class families on the show. The father was a cop, mom was a housewife. Mom cooked even though the dishes didn't sound good.

IIRC, wasn't Mary Williams famous - in her son's eyes only - for her kielbasa or pierogi's or some other Polish foods?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, babyhouseman said:

Didn't the show start out being more about the middle class? I thought the Chancellors were one of the only big, wealthy families in Genoa city and the Fosters and Willamses and...I think there was a fourth family, but don't quote me on it...were the cornerstone until Jack and the other Abbotts were introduced.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Didn't the show start out being more about the middle class? I thought the Chancellors were one of the only big, wealthy families in Genoa city and the Fosters and Willamses and...I think there was a fourth family, but don't quote me on it...were the cornerstone until Jack and the other Abbotts were introduced.

I think the Brooks family was also considered wealthy as well as the Prentiss family.  Yeah, I feel like the Fosters and the Williams' were the so-called working class families in those early years.

• Love 6

Paul said Christine and Michael were the best lawyers in town. GC is a bustling city with skyscrapers and an international airport. Surely it also had better attorneys than those two knuckleheads.

So who was this guy Tony? He was leaning a bit into the musclehead goombah stereotype, methinks.

Ah, the opening credits with Nikki in her Barbie "Solo in the Spotlight" outfit.

RL2soqR.jpgHmEVEtE.jpg

Oh look, it's mean mug Mac. Yay.

Why was that Keith guy yelling at Megan about Tricia's pregnancy? What control could Megan possibly have had over the state of Tricia's body? He seemed like a jerk to me.

Victor and Nikki were awfully gracious toward Sharon. Guess it was a temporary ceasefire.

I didn't what to make of Victoria's swimsuit. That had to be the ugliest outfit I've ever seen on her.

On her way from her house to the pool party. Sharon seems to have stopped by the Newman ranch beauty salon to get her hair lightened and some contouring done on her face. She looked noticeably different to me.

Odd to see Victor at moment when he wasn't waging war on somebody. He actually seemed nice today.

Lol, Jill offered to call up some kids to come over and play with Billy. Like he was seven.

I think Cassie was a sweet kid but yeesh, they should've dialed back her earnestness a notch or two. She almost seemed like a Stepford child to me.

WTF is Nick wearing? At first I thought he had gotten a job at Casa Lupita.

I thought maybe he had a side job slinging fries at Mickey D's. It probably cost a lot to keep little Noah in fancy designer diapers. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, Jill offered to call up some kids to come over and play with Billy. Like he was seven.

Well in Jill’s defense, he was a 5 year old the last time she saw him. He went from wanting a toy car to a real one in a couple of months. At that rate he would have been ready for one of these by next Christmas...

F4B76243-5DAA-415B-9055-BFA8FA389831.jpeg

• LOL 9
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Odd to see Victor at moment when he wasn't waging war on somebody. He actually seemed nice today.

It was the Dockers dad shorts 🤣.  Totally loosened him up a bit!

• LOL 5

@Joimiaroxeu Tony, from what my memory remembers, was a really sweet guy. He was a mechanic and fell in love with Meg. Meg's loony sister, Trisha, hated him and purposely ran him down with her car. He was riding a motorcycle at the time. He lingered in the hospital and he and Meg got married while he was in there. He died shortly after from his injuries. God, I hate Trisha. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, ByaNose said:

I think it was the age thing someone up-thread mentioned. Peter has always played the 55 to 65 age range too young for Viet Nam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Victor and Nikki were awfully gracious toward Sharon. Guess it was a temporary ceasefire.

For years, Victor actually treated Sharon like his daughter. Not the way he now treats all his children but actually like a human being. The writers completely destroyed the relationship between Victor and Sharon all in order to get some shock value. Changing their dynamics of their relationship destroy a part of each character. I remembered when Victor loved Sharon in a non-creeping way and Sharon looked to him as her only father figure.

Years later, hateful behavior on both part although Victor didn't have the excuse of bipolar illness. He was just an evil asshole who didn't care that the mother of his grandchildren was being railroaded for a murder that she did not commit all so he could score his petty revenge on Adam.

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh look, it's mean mug Mac. Yay.. 🙄

I know!  And I wasn't ready for it, not at all. 

All of a sudden I felt like she was going to make me surrender my little dog to her.

giphy.gif

Every Mac got sourer than the last.

Oh look!  David Tom and his play-doh face as Billy Abbott!  

The sap was really flowing today, with Cassie and pretty much everyone.  I'm partial to sap on occasion and this was an occasion.  I loved Millie and even Doris had softened her look from hatchet to ball-peen hammer.

Speaking of ball-peen hammers, Victor in pleated shorts was a sight to behold.  Pleated pants worked about one time out of 50, pleated shorts never did.  Victor in a good mood, doing his rusty, wind-up chuckling is even creepier than his usual mood.  I did enjoy Nick declaring his undying love - to Victor.

Speaking of Nick, I think we saw the first - and definitely the last - time Wardrobe let him wear his own clothes.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, boes said:

Nope, today's Mac ... 

comedy central season 2 episode 6 GIF by Workaholics

Why would anyone want to spend five minutes with her? And yet she was idolized by all.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

More pleated Dockers today!!!  🤣🤣🤣.  And GLO WORM!!!  🥰🥰🥰

Now, now, where the pleats and, for me, cuffs, on anything khaki is concerned, I'm still lovin' it. Baggy khakis are my go-to, and even the ones from the crappiest makes get cuffs put on them--yes, even the British tropical-style shorts I favour. The pleats, when the tum is dead-flat, I like but I'm not as fetish-y about that as I am about cuffs. Nothing like a bit of drape, I say.

I always like to contribute a fashion note, where possible...🙃

The Glo mincing about in that pink jumpsuit! And Ashley [the one and only] looked great. Sharon, working on the maternal, so to speak, and dropping the slightly discrete top for the teensy bikini top--only to check out Brad, in case there was anything to be had there. The plot? Beats me.

And speaking of my fashion notes, music's ability to cheer us up, and PLL and I's habit [when she comes over] of drunkenly playing YouTube "Ya gotta hear this one", I offer you Madness with the fez and the conga line:

Finally, as peaches is aware, somehow, in need of a richer fantasy life, and sloped back into Dark Shadows. Vampires bore me, but I love Frid's face.

Edited by pearlite
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, boes said:

I know!  And I wasn't ready for it, not at all. 

All of a sudden I felt like she was going to make me surrender my little dog to her.

giphy.gif

The Mac's (AB managed to peg the rigid/morally righteous barometer in every episode she was featured) never seemed to characterize any aspect of the typical desirable ingénue on Show, and yet the Mac's were wasted on every available young male character (Raul, Billy Abbott, Daniel Romalotti, Kevin, JT). The Mac's seemed reluctant to become romantically involved until the young man was entangled with another gal; none of her pursuer's effectively tore down her emotional walls. The last Mac (Kelly Kruger) didn't seem so much concerned about her estranged husband, the disappeared JT (Gang of Four SL), as she was put out she had to make excuses to her children why JT hadn't called them. They were all weird, ineffective actors playing an unnatural and unlikeable female character.

I couldn't understand how the warm Brock Reynolds spawned such an inflexible and tedious child. Mackenzie Browning should have been written as Cinderella; found child and much beloved daughter of Brock Reynolds, and adored granddaughter of Katherine Chancellor, but instead TIIC give the viewer a thin blue-lipped, recalcitrant, and constantly disagreeable cat that ate the sour mouse. Every guy she was coupled, their character suffered because Mac was an emotional albatross.

Oh look!  David Tom and his play-doh face as Billy Abbott!  

<shakes head>

Another unfortunate casting choice for Billy Abbott.

The sap was really flowing today, with Cassie and pretty much everyone.  I'm partial to sap on occasion and this was an occasion.  I loved Millie and even Doris had softened her look from hatchet to ball-peen hammer.

A tidal wave of treacle from the Cassie/Millie/Doris table. Who knew Doris had it in her? I thought that breaching her grim exterior would only flow venom.

Speaking of ball-peen hammers, Victor in pleated shorts was a sight to behold.  Pleated pants worked about one time out of 50, pleated shorts never did.  Victor in a good mood, doing his rusty, wind-up chuckling is even creepier than his usual mood.  

It was amazing! Victor working the pool party in Tommy Bahama pleated shorts was a sight to see.

I'm burning this episode for posterity. 

I did enjoy Nick declaring his undying love - to Victor.

Which will never erase the cavalcade of Victor and Nick coming to blows, being at loggerheads, the manipulations and lawsuits, lies and thefts, exuberant planned attacks, invectives and vows to Never Something, Something, Something to further the Plot Plot Plot.

Speaking of Nick, I think we saw the first - and definitely the last - time Wardrobe let him wear his own clothes.

What was going on there?

No Mattress Mambo until you wash out the hair product and burn that fug, Buster!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Now, now, where the pleats and, for me, cuffs, on anything khaki is concerned, I'm still lovin' it. Baggy khakis are my go-to, and even the ones from the crappiest makes get cuffs put on them--yes, even the British tropical-style shorts I favour. The pleats, when the tum is dead-flat, I like but I'm not as fetish-y about that as I am about cuffs. Nothing like a bit of drape, I say.

I always like to contribute a fashion note, where possible...

You shall further be known as the Khaki Connoisuer!   I was really digging Jack’s super pale almost white chinos today.  So very summery (the season NOT the person).  And yesterday with Victor, I was just shocked to see knee caps and lower leg! 😳

Ashley’s outfit was the best (and her hair, too)! 

• Love 5

Wonder how it was decided to put Mac in competion with Brittany? Guess they were counting on Mac pulling the good girl fanbase. 😑

Jack was wearing a lot of clothes for a pool party.

Ugh, Kevin being welcomed into the Abbott house when he tried to kill their granddaughter/niece.

So did Nikki and Victor drive all the way into town just to sit in the park? Wonder why they didn't go to the Abbott party like Sharon?

I thought Dru looked fabulous with her twisty curls. Loved her halter dress.

Sigh, I remember when Kay used to host the big holiday pool party at the Chancellor estate. 😕

Was Brad trying to move on Sharon? I thought she was still married to Nick at this point, though he may have started sniffing around Phyllis and her stupid video games. Guess Brad was in between rich wives. 😑

WTAF was Malcolm wearing? Why was he wearing anything at all? 😻

Aw Mac, there are some women who could go after a guy who's shacked up with his pregnant baby mama (supposedly) but you were not one of them.

Gina ran the GCAC? Huh. Nice she found work after psycho Kevin burned down her restaurant. ☹

Lauren was one of the GC elite. She hardly needed trash-who-married-well Gloria trying to plan her wedding for her. Gloria probably just wanted Michael to have a society wedding at Abbott Manor.

Had Nikki never been on a yacht cruise before? She was awfully thrilled by Victor's "it was either this or more jewelry" gift. Yawn.

Wait, Ashley was dating Paul? Where was Christine?

Jack, Brad, and Malcolm standing together in the sun. It was like a handsomeness trifecta. 🤗

I liked Sharon's clutch bag.

Wonder why Ashley seemed taken aback to see Brad comforting Sharon?

• Love 4