Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Fight for Your Life

• Start Topic

The competition heats up; Tim assigns the designers to create one look in seven hours, using only leftover fabric and supplies; the designers are pushed to their limits and fight for their spot in the competition, taking creative risks.

Airdate 2020.04.03

It doesn't seem fair to me to make the designers sew their entire garments after the premise of the show called for seamstresses.  That said, for someone who "doesn't sew," Esther did quite well, in my opinion.  There were a lot of seams in that dress!

After seeing Troy's back story last week, I feel bad that he couldn't nail his design.  

I personally didn't like any of Will's designs, but I thought he was a super nice person.  He was always so excited seeing his designs on the runway.

• Love 8

I didn't understand why Troy had to use that particular sewing machine. In the long shots of the sewing room, it looked like there were enough machines for each designer to have their own. Why would he use one with red thread and rethread the machine when he could have used any of the other machines that already had black thread?

Megan's asymmetric yellow, white, and black top was fine but I agreed with Ji Won that you could google asymmetric top and find a picture of exactly what she made. I agreed with Naomi about the elastic on the pants making them look cheap, but you gotta do what you gotta do for a seven hour challenge.

Rinat's skirt seemed too tight (or at least it looked like the model had some issues walking down the stairs). The skirt was well made and I liked the twist/knot detail in the front. The problem for me was how boring and basic the crop top was. She could have had a wow look with that skirt and a better top. But girl, what kind of law firm do you think this woman works at where a sleeveless crop top is acceptable?

Ji Won's strappy loose jumpsuit looked too much like a cross between a robe and a onesie. I'm all for comfort but that doesn't mean it has to look like it's a comfy denim version of pajamas.

The best thing about Jonny's dress was the mateerial, which Megan originally chose. The design of the dress wasn't that great. If it had been done in a solid or a different print, it would have been a boring dress. The seam where the ruffle was attached to the bottom of the dress looked unintentionally uneven.

Sabato's loose wine colored dress was fine but I want more from him than the same flowing dress every week.

Troy's black dress was just one big piece of black fabric with a hole for the model's head. The jacket was terrible.

Sander's dress looked like it was too tight on his model. I hated the floppy folded over pieces of fabric. They made it look like his dress was falling apart. at the seams.

Will's outfit had potential but it looked so poorly constructed. I liked the berry color of the top but it was so basic and it looked like it didn't fit his model at all. I didn't think the pants were awful but they looked lumpy on the bottom, like instead of hemming them he folded the extra fabric underneath.

Esther made another black dress. Yes, it made her model's waist look tiny but I think that's more because the model has a tiny waist than anything else.

Will and Troy both deserved to go home for those sad outfits.

• Love 4

Considering some of these designers can’t sew or pattern and only having seven hours to create a look I thought everyone did ok. 
I don’t know why they didn’t call this show Project Amazon. It seems like you aren’t going to win unless the judges think your design will sell on Amazon. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ji Won's strappy loose jumpsuit looked too much like a cross between a robe and a onesie.

I thought the judges were very kind to that one. It looked exactly like a robe. I know we are all dressing like slobs these days, but she doesn't have the COVID-19 excuse when this was filmed!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

I thought the judges were very kind to that one. It looked exactly like a robe. I know we are all dressing like slobs these days, but she doesn't have the COVID-19 excuse when this was filmed!

And it looks exactly like all the other things she's designed so far.  And she had the nerve to say that Megan's color-block asymmetrical top was a common design?

Bitch, please......

Next week is Street Wear?  Wanna bet she's going to have a loose, droopy jumpsuit or sloppy separates with lots of visible stitching and long strings hanging all over them?  Worn with sneakers too. 

Minju, the Korean woman from "Next in Fashion" did the same loose, billowy, ballooning type dress almost every challenge, and got showered with compliments every time. 

I don't get how some designers can keep sending the SAME looks down the runway show after show and never get slammed for it.  Mind boggling. 

• Love 6

Who in a law firm would wear Rinat’s dress? A hooker client?

I’ve seen Sabado’s dress. It’s on every episode of The Handmaid’s Tale. 

Of course the Beetlejuice dress would win. Ironic that Heidi mentioned the circus, because that’s what it reminded me of. It’s selling well on Amazon though, guess frightwear is in during quarantine season.

Esther is the clear front runner to me.

Dear Will, ‘tacky’ is not an aesthetic. 

The Amazon tie in is just an upgraded version of “Heidi’s sweatshop’ when she’d make PR designers create something for her clothing line.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I liked the winning dress, and I liked the color-blocked look from Meghan.  Agree that it needed a set-in waistband.

Esther so far, while talented, seems to put out the dreaded one-trick pony look every time.  Agree with the black on black on black that so many want to do.  I would think they would understand how poorly they show on runway, and on screens.

Still not impressed with the show overall.  Way too much emphasis on the hosts and the judges, and not enough on the actual finished product.

I don't look for this to be a long-running venture.

• Love 13

Heh, I was complaining in the Ep 3 topic about the show's lack of energy and this episode starts out with Tim talking about the designers needing to show fire or whatever.  Even though the designers are now under pressure, they're still not showing much urgency, except for Troy.  I guess it's because he was almost eliminated but at least he's showing that he cares about staying on the show.  Some of the others say it but I;m still not feeling it.

As silly as they are, there's more spark in the little sideshows with Tim and Heidi.

Ji Won talking some trash this ep and she kind of made a bathrobe.  I liked the colors of Megan's top but I hate asymmetry.  Sort of liked Jonny's but it was kind of Beetlejuice.  Sabato needs to stop making the same silhouette (when he has more time). 

What is it with the writing on the face?  I really don't know what style is. 

I was kind of rooting for Troy because he seemed like he cared but he tried too hard and sent kind of a mess down the runway.  

I haven't been really impressed with anyone.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I’m still not sold on this but I’m running out of things to watch.  I had to fast forward through the Heidi and Tom crap.  I can barely stand Heidi’s over enthusiasm.

Check out "The Great Pottery Throwdown" on You Tube that qtpye recommended in the last episode thread.  It's brilliant!  I'm already on Episode 3 of the 1st season.  Really fun & creative.....

• Love 5

When the judges were lecturing the contestants about how a million dollars is a big deal and investors will move on if you don't seem like you're really working for it, my first thought was, "Yeah, Jeff Bezos doesn't just have a million dollars to throw around!"

They've clearly spent a lot of money on this show, but I don't think it has that much payoff. But I'll still watch it since there are no new episodes of Project Runway or Next in Fashion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Wow, the "Tim & Heidi Fence" crap was ridiculous, they need to drop those segments.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:48 AM, Riplet68 said:

How do become a designer and not know how to sew?

I think there are designers who went to design school & learned to sew & cut patterns, & designers who are self taught & don't really know how to sew or cut patterns.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

I don't get how some designers can keep sending the SAME looks down the runway show after show and never get slammed for it.  Mind boggling. 

See also: Anya on PR. She couldn't sew AND she sent the same dress down the runway every week.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

It actually feels to me like every one of them is just phoning it in, contestants and judges.   This show is BAD. 

Heidi & Tim don't know what to do with themselves if they don't have a showcase for their innate exhibitionism.  They've been "Heidi & Tim" for so long, they can't function independently in any other capacity.  They lost/gave up/destroyed PR and neither can just go away gracefully. 

So this show is their inability to know when to say WHEN.  I can't see it getting a 2nd season unless Heidi finances it herself.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sweetcookieface said:

Is it just me or is anyone else finding the judging on this show incredibly mean-spirited? I’m not someone who likes my shows all warm and fuzzy (in fact, I miss the snarkiness of Project Runway’s best judges), but I found some of Heidi’s and Naomi’s reactions incredibly mean and personal, particularly when it came to Troy. Heidi was almost reveling in the fact that she was right to vote to send him home the prior week, and pretty much told him that she can’t see him with a brand. And Naomi attacked him when he said he was happy with his concept and his attempt (given that he only had 7 hrs)... according to Naomi it showed that he was unsure of himself, but if Troy had stood by the garment, they would have torn him apart for being oblivious/lacking judgment. I don’t know, I found the judging almost uncomfortable, and not in an entertaining sort of way. I’m surprised to find myself enjoying (and agreeing with) Nicole Richie the most out of all the judges.

Agree with all of this.  The male judge is pretty bland, Naomi and Heidi seem to be gleeful in making cutting remarks.  I never thought I’d appreciate Nicole at all in anything, but here I am.

I don’t know why Troy just didn’t confess that he wanted to impress them with his tailoring but he bit off more than he could chew and was disappointed with the outcome.  To stand there with a straight face and defend that mess - in what universe was that going to work out?

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Agree with all of this.  The male judge is pretty bland, Naomi and Heidi seem to be gleeful in making cutting remarks.  I never thought I’d appreciate Nicole at all in anything, but here I am.

I don’t know why Troy just didn’t confess that he wanted to impress them with his tailoring but he bit off more than he could chew and was disappointed with the outcome.  To stand there with a straight face and defend that mess - in what universe was that going to work out?

Will Rogers said it; "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

This is really disappointing. I am befuddled by some of the editing choices - why do we need to go from full screen to skinny screen? And why in God's name would you show the runway in skinny screen? It's somehow supposed to differentiate the workroom scenes from the overheads of scenic Paris shots, the judging and runway, and Heidi and Tim being buffoons, but it is really irritating; I mean, I know a workroom scene when I see it, it's in a workroom.

To be fair, I found Next in Fashion pretty snoozy also and fastforwarded through a lot of it, but I really liked some of the designers on that show. This is a dull concept, with dull editing/pacing, and I find it hard to believe these were the 12 best designers they could cast, for an opportunity to win a million dollars, etc.

Tim continues to give bad advice! No Swatch! Will plug on through it, but I am sad Josh went last ep, as he seemed sweet and sensitive, and fell on his sword for Troy, and sad Troy couldn't pull it together this ep.

Esther should win it, that much was obvious on episode one. Finding it hard to see any of the other women being anything global designwise: Ji's aesthetic is really familiar and not appealing to me; Rinat and Megan's looks are bland and tacky; and unless a miracle occurs, Sander is too arty, Sabato too classic, and Jonny too LA leather for blokes.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, micat said:

About Rinat saying that her outfit was for a lawyer: my husband turns to me and says, she's a lawyer in a firm whose only clients are drug dealers.

Even in this imaginary scenario, I can’t imagine showing up to court in that ridiculous outfit!

• Love 5
On 4/2/2020 at 6:52 PM, Ashforth said:

Well, doesn't that sound rather "Project Runway." hmm.

I'm disappointed that the show is choosing to go down this road.  At least it was seven hours and not one.  But still.  Also, not a huge fan of the Beetlejuice dress.  Megan was robbed. 

• Love 3
On 4/3/2020 at 6:11 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I didn't understand why Troy had to use that particular sewing machine. In the long shots of the sewing room, it looked like there were enough machines for each designer to have their own. Why would he use one with red thread and rethread the machine when he could have used any of the other machines that already had black thread?

Megan's asymmetric yellow, white, and black top was fine but I agreed with Ji Won that you could google asymmetric top and find a picture of exactly what she made. I agreed with Naomi about the elastic on the pants making them look cheap, but you gotta do what you gotta do for a seven hour challenge.

Rinat's skirt seemed too tight (or at least it looked like the model had some issues walking down the stairs). The skirt was well made and I liked the twist/knot detail in the front. The problem for me was how boring and basic the crop top was. She could have had a wow look with that skirt and a better top. But girl, what kind of law firm do you think this woman works at where a sleeveless crop top is acceptable?

Ji Won's strappy loose jumpsuit looked too much like a cross between a robe and a onesie. I'm all for comfort but that doesn't mean it has to look like it's a comfy denim version of pajamas.

The best thing about Jonny's dress was the mateerial, which Megan originally chose. The design of the dress wasn't that great. If it had been done in a solid or a different print, it would have been a boring dress. The seam where the ruffle was attached to the bottom of the dress looked unintentionally uneven.

Sabato's loose wine colored dress was fine but I want more from him than the same flowing dress every week.

Troy's black dress was just one big piece of black fabric with a hole for the model's head. The jacket was terrible.

Sander's dress looked like it was too tight on his model. I hated the floppy folded over pieces of fabric. They made it look like his dress was falling apart. at the seams.

Will's outfit had potential but it looked so poorly constructed. I liked the berry color of the top but it was so basic and it looked like it didn't fit his model at all. I didn't think the pants were awful but they looked lumpy on the bottom, like instead of hemming them he folded the extra fabric underneath.

Esther made another black dress. Yes, it made her model's waist look tiny but I think that's more because the model has a tiny waist than anything else.

Will and Troy both deserved to go home for those sad outfits.

I was wondering about the whole sewing machine drama.  Is it really hard to thread a machine?  Should Troy have known that sabato had dibs on it because it was threaded?  It seemed like they didn't track Troy going into the room, so I didn't know if that was one of the only machines open when he came in or if he just chose it because it was less crowded.  

Sabato was really upset and Jonny seemed to be sympathetic, but to me it kinda came off like Troy might have done all of this without meaning any offense, but he certainly wasn't going to like leave the machine when he was already there and sabato was annoyed. 

• Love 3
On 4/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, dbell1 said:

Who in a law firm would wear Rinat’s dress? A hooker client?

Yes!  This!  What the hell attorney is rinat designing for?  Why is altuzurra cosigning that nonsense.  He knows damn well he has met with attorneys and no one had their midriff out.  I don't care if they were young, fit, attractive woman, that is just a no.  

Even in more liberal markets on the west coast, no woman who wants human clients is dressing like that anymore than any man is showing up with leather dress pants.  That is not how the law works.  Try to walk into a courtroom wearing that getup.   Just do it.  See how quick you'll get lectured.  From male AND female judges.  There is a federal judge downtown who requires female attorneys to wear pantyhose.  Show up in his courtroom with your midriff out.  

I don't mind the aspirational "client".....but yeah, no. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, raven said:

As silly as they are, there's more spark in the little sideshows with Tim and Heidi.

Ji Won talking some trash this ep and she kind of made a bathrobe.  I liked the colors of Megan's top but I hate asymmetry.  Sort of liked Jonny's but it was kind of Beetlejuice.  Sabato needs to stop making the same silhouette (when he has more time). 

Somewhere, Aria is plotting her revenge.  

The segments with Tim and Heidi are fine, but three parts? No.  And Heidi the natural fencing talent was eye rolling to me.  

Ji won is starting to get the "shittalker" edit which means that even if her clothes suck, she will be around forever. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sweetcookieface said:

Is it just me or is anyone else finding the judging on this show incredibly mean-spirited? I’m not someone who likes my shows all warm and fuzzy (in fact, I miss the snarkiness of Project Runway’s best judges), but I found some of Heidi’s and Naomi’s reactions incredibly mean and personal, particularly when it came to Troy. Heidi was almost reveling in the fact that she was right to vote to send him home the prior week, and pretty much told him that she can’t see him with a brand. And Naomi attacked him when he said he was happy with his concept and his attempt (given that he only had 7 hrs)... according to Naomi it showed that he was unsure of himself, but if Troy had stood by the garment, they would have torn him apart for being oblivious/lacking judgment. I don’t know, I found the judging almost uncomfortable, and not in an entertaining sort of way. I’m surprised to find myself enjoying (and agreeing with) Nicole Richie the most out of all the judges.

I kinda felt the same way, but I think that's because I liked Troy and when he said "I NEED to be here" my heart broke a little.  

I didn't feel the same when Martha was read for filth.  

They tried to give Troy a villain edit with that whole sewing machine fiasco, but since I don't understand why that was a huge deal it didn't make me like him any less. 

• Love 7

I understand that Sabato didn't want to have to rethread another machine because that's valuable time being wasted during the scant seven hours they were allotted for this challenge (and he'd clearly already rethreaded one machine with red thread).

I don't think that Troy deliberately took that machine to sabotage Sabato but I think that Sabato got even more upset because Troy didn't seem even the tiniest bit sorry.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I fucking hate the judging format.

It's not even the criterion -- "we're not just looking for a great designer, we're looking for the next global brand (that Amazon can exploit)!" -- that I mainly have an issue with. I do detest this kind of neoliberal bullshit in which people become "brands" and commodities, but this is the world we live in and at least the show is upfront about being indentured to this kind of late capitalist logic. 

But as this ep made clear, the show and judges have a reality show notion of what it takes to be a brand, and what it is to show "fire" and "passion." And in turn, they seem to take that to mean dramatics and hysterics. They clearly wanted Troy (and in the last ep, Josh) to carry on and speechify and give them a reality TV moment. Troy is a black man in America, and in the last ep told us that he grew up poor without a dad, and with a single mom with whom he still lives in "the projects in Harlem." And he has no doubt worked hard to become a teacher at Parson's. And this judging panel of well-off, privileged people -- acting on behalf of Jeff Bezos, who obviously would miss the million dollars -- has the cheek to sit there and demand that he show them how much he "wants it." Not by living his life the way he has, but presumably by some TV-friendly act of grovelling, pleading, and begging the judges to give him another chance. It was Tyra "we were all rooting for you" Banks-levels of bullshit.

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
(edited)

I'm with you Corgi-ears. I was nearly in tears at how they treated Troy, and the juxtaposition of his struggle vs. their privilege. Add in the hypocrisy of Naomi's long history of notoriously antisocial behavior and this treatment was foul.

Also, they are trying to get the judges to "act" during their discussions and it's embarrassing.

While admiring her for the original development of the concept for PR, I've always suspected that Heidi is a mean girl.

I don't mind the lack of drama, as I've always watched these kinds of shows "just for the fashion."

Get rid of the painfully awkward H&T scripted segments and show us at least a glimpse at the seamstresses, the models' stories, and more design, with the designers explaining what they are doing.

And for the love of God, stop with the stoopid day-long challenges. Dump the H&T segments and spend that production money on longer challenges. I want to see glorious fashion, beautifully done, even if it's so Amazon can sell cheaply-produced copies.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Corgi-ears said:

They clearly wanted Troy (and in the last ep, Josh) to carry on and speechify and give them a reality TV moment. Troy is a black man in America, and in the last ep told us that he grew up poor without a dad, and with a single mom with whom he still lives in "the projects in Harlem." And he has no doubt worked hard to become a teacher at Parson's. And this judging panel of well-off, privileged people -- acting on behalf of Jeff Bezos, who obviously would miss the million dollars -- has the cheek to sit there and demand that he show them how much he "wants it." 

You stated very well why the judging makes me uncomfortable.  I really felt for Troy at the judging.  Naomi especially is getting on my nerves ("we're sorry we saved you" - paraphrasing - is just mean) - I realize that is her role but it's annoying AF.  I listened to TLO's podcast and they comment that Heidi comes across as dumb (which she is not) and scripted during the judging.   I recall after the first season of PR reading somewhere that she worked hard to be more natural and she seems to have lost that now.

Another issue with the show for me is the lack of camaraderie and fun with the contestants.   It was nice to see that on the last couple of seasons of PR, where we seem them laughing together and talking about the difficulties of being on the show.  My guess is that is happening here and we're not seeing it, in favor of showing nonsense.

• Love 4
(edited)

I hereby apologize for every mean thing I ever said about Alyssa Milano's wooden, stilted and un-natural delivery of her criticisms and hosting of PR All Stars.   She'll never be awesome, but these folks are just sad. 

Heidi seems to have regressed in her intellect, and I never realized that Naomi naturally has a very artificial-sounding yet naturally unattractive, Eliza Doolittle-ish Cockney accent.  

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I told myself I wasn't going to come on here and trash the show again, especially since it's SOMETHING new to watch right now - but they leave me no choice. It's really not the designers' fault that they lacked passion up til now. The show was set up to be a snooze fest and the designers were seemingly as bored as we are. Staying solo in hotel rooms so there's little to no interaction with fellow designers. Check. Apparently no budget when shopping for fabric. Check. Don't have to have ever stitched a single piece of fabric together. Check. Can communicate with the outside world with phones during filming? Check. I'd be lackluster too. Honestly, as silly as the Tim and Heidi segments, are, at least they grab my attention. I don't see this getting a second season.

Edited by Tess23
  • Love 3

I can't believe that Heidi was criticizing anything when she wore such horrible horrible clothes for this two-parter. I mean like really ugly. 

The love for the Beetlejuice dress baffled for me. None of those stripes lined up with each other. Is that not a thing? (I am not a designer or a designer clothes wearer, so this is a serious question.) 

I figured that at least one of the "out drinking wine in the courtyard" people would go. I think it's a tough choice between doing something easy that you've done before, and trying to stretch in the 7 hours. That decision was harder for the designers who had been criticized, I think. 

Tim Gunn needs to get back his money for the fencing lessons. Four years?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, RealReality said:

There is a federal judge downtown who requires female attorneys to wear pantyhose.  Show up in his courtroom with your midriff out.  

Is this legal? Is seems like a form of gender discrimination. (To someone who has never practiced law.)

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Is this legal? Is seems like a form of gender discrimination. (To someone who has never practiced law.)

Judges have wide latitude to set the rules of their courtroom and I bet he would have required the same for men wearing a skirt in his courtroom.  Or that would have been his argument had anyone challenged him.  

• Love 2

My issue with the entire concept of this episode/challenge is that as a customer and viewer, I don’t care how much passion you have. Just make good clothes (or conversely, don’t make ugly clothes). Your level of passion makes no difference to me when I’m selecting what looks good.

I have the same feeling when I watch cooking competition shows. If I’m out in the dining room, I don’t care how much passion/love/fire you have. I just want to eat something delicious.

• Love 11
(edited)
8 hours ago, nb360 said:

Federal judges are appointed for life and can do just about anything they want to do. I could tell you a horror story about one in Houston who has embarked on a vendetta against an attorney in our firm, and there is literally nothing that we can do about it.

Topic? I had been hoping that the judging was edited for brevity and that they were actually critiquing each designer in every challenge, but the Naomi said to one of them in this episode, "We haven't talked to you before." WTF, show? You're allegedly interviewing these people for their design and entrepreneurial skills, but you've gone four challenges without giving feedback to and learning about each of them? Ridiculous. 

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, Ashforth said:

there is literally nothing that we can do about it.

Maybe time to spring a few leaks?

I'd forgotten to mention that they aren't talking to each designer in each episode. This astounds me. No, wait, Heidi, Tim and Naomi need their camera time.

Also, when Nicole walked out in the first episode in that flaming red gown I gasped. That red against her olive skin and golden eyes was stunning.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2020 at 1:34 AM, GaT said:

Wow, the "Tim & Heidi Fence" crap was ridiculous, they need to drop those segments.

I think there are designers who went to design school & learned to sew & cut patterns, & designers who are self taught & don't really know how to sew or cut patterns.

I thought the same thing, but my costume tech relative told me designers do not actually get a lot of technical training in design school; the emphasis is on design, not construction.  The techs are the ones who have to make the designs work.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I had been hoping that the judging was edited for brevity and that they were actually critiquing each designer in every challenge, but the Naomi said to one of them in this episode, "We haven't talked to you before." WTF, show? You're allegedly interviewing these people for their design and entrepreneurial skills, but you've gone four challenges without giving feedback to and learning about each of them? Ridiculous. 

Though the judging on this show seems oddly esoteric to me, what I think happens, is that they are calling up three designers, one of which will be the winner and one or more to go home.  It's sort of like PR (gasp!) where everyone except those 3 are "safe".  They are going out of their way to NOT state it like that, because that would be too PRish.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2020 at 7:12 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anya on PR. She couldn't sew AND she sent the same dress down the runway every week.

She was ridiculous.  What a waste of a season.  Uli was the same (but I liked her more!)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, nb360 said:

Doesn't matter if it's "legal" in what is really a philosophical sense. His courtroom, his rules. There was a judge in Fairbanks Alaska in the late 70's who didn't want female lawyers wearing pants in his courtroom. Never mind if it was 30 degrees below zero. Good times. 

• Love 2

A tip of the chapeau to the stylist who talked Heidi into that hideous green dress. LOL! I'd have paid to see Naomi's face when Heidi walked in! 

I did not understand the point of laying out Troy's story, his comment about the million dollar prize, his self-proclaimed need to be there and the groveling they demanded before aufing him. Because, Show? Your look is not flattering.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I did not understand the point of laying out Troy's story, his comment about the million dollar prize, his self-proclaimed need to be there and the groveling they demanded before aufing him. Because, Show? Your look is not flattering.

Yes, so compared to Josh -- who refused to grovel -- Troy came off less ... I'm not sure of the right word, "dignified."

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

My issue with the entire concept of this episode/challenge is that as a customer and viewer, I don’t care how much passion you have. Just make good clothes (or conversely, don’t make ugly clothes). Your level of passion makes no difference to me when I’m selecting what looks good.

I have the same feeling when I watch cooking competition shows. If I’m out in the dining room, I don’t care how much passion/love/fire you have. I just want to eat something delicious.

I think the ONLY time I would care is with a show like top chef where I would go out of my way to try a restaurant of a chef I really liked.  I think that because even the cannon fodder chefs on that show had James beard awards, and a meal is just a different thing altogether....for me at least.  It's generally not as expensive and I can't look hideous in it!  🤣😂🤣😂

• Love 1