Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Worth The Weight

• Start Topic

Did anyone else notice when they were all huddled after she blurted out "lets eat" she started chanting and they all soon followed with "Fit Whit" ?  I am guessing Dr. Now would totally think otherwise.

I also find it comical that they want us to believe there are 2 man-babies after this luscious piece of lard  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
Just now, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Did anyone else notice when they were all huddled after she blurted out "lets eat" she started chanting and they all soon followed with "Fit Whit" ?  I am guessing Dr. Now would totally think otherwise.

I also find it comical that they want us to believe there are 2 man-babies after this luscious piece of lard  

I heard that but I couldn't quite believe it. I thought maybe I heard it wrong. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Buddy may be the only one she’s had any actual physical sexual contact with

Although originally I thought that her hyper-sexuality was due to some previous abuse (most likely while in college) I am beginning to think about it slightly differently. I had been under the opinion that she had subconsciously protected herself from further sexual encounters by gaining weight.

It has been well established that she had an ED while in high school. So now I think that after leaving home and having unrestricted access to food if someone had rejected her because she was "too plump" I could see that she would continue comforting herself by eating, thereby compounding the issue.

So, it is entirely possible that Buddy is one of the few who have had actual physical sexual contact with her. And that is what she has been clinging to, especially since she needs to convince her fans that she is highly desirable.

She has provided Buddy with a place to stay for so long that in some way the relationship is contractual as well as co-dependent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, princelina said:

IMO it's because she thinks he wants her too.  The fact that he has made it clear that he doesn't does not compute with her.  I don't think she's "in love" with him as much as she thinks she could have him if she wanted.  ("In the bag" - to use her terminology.)

Also (sorry @Dot) but I have to wonder - if all of Roy's colleagues knew he was gay while she was working there - did she know too (which makes her a bigger asshole than I ever realized) or were they all given yet another reason to make fun of her behind her back?  Inquiring minds and all that 😄 

Not to get yelled at again by talking about Roy, but yes, everyone including Whitney knew he was gay.  So again, that entire 'did he have a girlfriend' was completely scripted.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Yajmele said:

Do they say that?  I know that to qualify for the American Open, an athlete has to meet a minimum qualifying total at a USAW sanctioned meet.  I’m admittedly not up on the rules for participating in the state level competitions.

This was posted on Facebook in the announcement of the North Carolina State Championships for 2019. You can see from the scrambled dates that it was a cut-and-paste job that wasn’t proofread, i.e. it refers to the “2017” Championships,  but then correctly says that a competitor must have competed in at least one sanctioned event since October 13, 2018.

Eligibility:
To compete in the 2017 North Carolina State Championships you must meet the following criterion:

Be a registered member, in good standing, with USA Weightlifting

Live in the state of North Carolina or be a registered member of a North Carolina based weightlifting club

Have competed in at least one sanctioned weightlifting event since October 13, 2018 (No first-time lifters) [Emphasis mine]

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

protected herself from further sexual encounters by gaining weight.

I am guilty of this.  I'm not as overweight as she is, but I gained weight to not attract the boys (or girls).  And, it's worked out the way I wanted.  I can totally see Whitney doing this whether she realizes shes doing it or not.  Thank you for your insightful post.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

This was posted on Facebook in the announcement of the North Carolina State Championships for 2019. You can see from the scrambled dates that it was a cut-and-paste job that wasn’t proofread, i.e. it refers to the “2017” Championships,  but then correctly says that a competitor must have competed in at least one sanctioned event since October 13, 2018.

Thanks for that. I’m a little out of the loop on some things.  So it is the same standard for the American Open, aside from having a minimum qualifying total.  I do wonder which one she competed in. There’s quite a few weightlifting clubs in the Charlotte area, so it wouldn’t be hard for her to get one in. Heavy Metal Barbell usually hosts a couple a year.

I know lots of obese women who are married with children.  Being very obese doesn't seem to be a reason a person doesn't have a spouse. So, I have no doubt that Whit could still date and marry if she chooses.  What I don't know for sure if the relationship with Chase is authentic.  I'm keeping my eye on that. To me, if she really was in love with Chase, she wouldn't taunt the Buddy stuff.  And, then, Chase snaps back with a smart asp quip.......IDK.....it makes me suspicious. If I am in love with a man, I don't throw stuff with my ex lover, current male friend in their face. It's hurtful.  

This makes me really wonder what Whit could REALLY do with herself if she got serious with some sport, like weightlifting, and actually worked it hard and prepared. She has raw talent and gifts, but, she seems to not have the motivation to work them.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I think her so-called desire to be a mother comes directly from her parents always pushing her to produce grandchildren for them.  Did you not watch the episode where she thought she was pregnant from Lennie?  She cried for two hours thinking she was pregnant.  She doesn't want to be pregnant, or even married, for that matter.  That's just my opinion, because how can a self-centered individual as Whitney is be satisfied by being married to just ONE man? LOL

This is an interesting point. I recall that happening, but, hadn't given it much thought recently.  So,......I wonder if she has just adjusted her desires to what she thinks is possible.  Recall when she realized that she had very few options?  Not likely she would get a single adoption, not likely get pregnant, and then she and Tal talked about having one together.  That was dismissed.  Hmm.......

• Love 2

This pretty much sums up this episode - Chasey tossing Sweatney her underwear and snickering about it. 

Buddy was the real MVP for me in this episode being nice enough to drive Sweatney & The Fratbros to the airport to go to Paris ... and then ragging on the fratbros the whole drive over. Buddy is not a prize by any stretch of the imagination, but I thoroughly enjoyed him giving Chasey shit. By him flipping the Personality Portrait™ that Sweatney gave him face-down on the desk and years of him denying they had sex, you know it's nothing more than a pissing match of "Who's Been in Sweatney's Life Longer?". Chasey and Ryan are complete tools and I appreciated Buddy's ribbing them. 

IMG_6594.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

In some ways Ryan really annoys me and I can see why he would totally annoy me in person, however, something about his smart mouth cracks me up.  That below the belt thing about making out with Buddy's ex-girlfriend.....lol.  I don't think he realizes that Buddy broke up with her and not the other way around.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

By him flipping the Personality Portrait™

That would have been awesome if I didn't think that he had been directed to do that by the script writers.

In the photo of her holding the underwear am I seeing a photoshopped censor strip which covers her enormous gut? (The first clue is that it covers her elbow, the second is that it has a sharper edge than other things in the photo.)

• LOL 3
18 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

“She has raw talent and gifts“

What exactly are her raw talents and gifts? Inquiring minds want to know.

Her ability to gain weight while eating hardly anything could serve her well with coronavirus related food shortages.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, John M said:

Her ability to gain weight while eating hardly anything could serve her well with coronavirus related food shortages.

Remember when she passed out during her dance marathon during the first few seasons?  I forgot which season.  After she came home from the hospital, Buddy brought her a pizza home!!!  She just got released from the hospital and she orders a pizza!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, John M said:

But what about toilet paper shortage? Does her wipe-me stick come with a disposable end or does it use regular TP LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Me from ME said:

In the photo of her holding the underwear am I seeing a photoshopped censor strip which covers her enormous gut? (The first clue is that it covers her elbow, the second is that it has a sharper edge than other things in the photo.)

I think that's a photo of a TV screen, so it's not shopp-able. What I think we are seeing is her fancy leggins pulled up so high that most of her belly is tucked into it. Which we have the pleasure to see because why in God's name would anyone wear a shirt in polite society?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I honestly think it's a shadow and her elbow is outside her pants. I could be totally wrong, I really don't know. 

I agree. The elbow is outside her pants. The black strip is semi-transparent because it’s actually her leggings which are stretched to their limit. And it’s really hard to tell that her elbow is actually on the outside because her elbow has so little “point” the way elbows normally do. 

• Love 2
On 3/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I heard that but I couldn't quite believe it. I thought maybe I heard it wrong. 

You heard right, but she told them to say it.  She said something like "Come on, let's do a Fit Whit"  So they all put their hands in and shouted "Fit Whit".  Such bullshit.

• Love 3

5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

But what about toilet paper shortage? Does her wipe-me stick come with a disposable end or does it use regular TP LOL

She can install a hot tub and save on toilet paper 😄 

• LOL 7
On 3/12/2020 at 12:35 PM, Yajmele said:

Thanks for that. I’m a little out of the loop on some things.  So it is the same standard for the American Open, aside from having a minimum qualifying total.  I do wonder which one she competed in. There’s quite a few weightlifting clubs in the Charlotte area, so it wouldn’t be hard for her to get one in. Heavy Metal Barbell usually hosts a couple a year.

TLC made a big point of saying on Facebook, in their coming attractions for this  episode, "Whitney Way Thore prepares for her first-ever weightlifting competition. Don't miss an all-new #MyBigFatFabLife tomorrow night at 8/7c. Make sure to set your DVR." But, as we've seen, the rules for the state championship plainly say "no first time lifters," and that all entrants at a minimum must have competed in at least one USA Weightlifting competition between the 2018 North Carolina State Championships and the 2019 North Carolina State Championships. So did she compete in an earlier sanctioned event and keep it a big secret? Did her coach pull a few strings and get her into the Championship she wasn't qualified for? Did TLC buy her way in?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ketzel said:

TLC made a big point of saying on Facebook, in their coming attractions for this  episode, "Whitney Way Thore prepares for her first-ever weightlifting competition. Don't miss an all-new #MyBigFatFabLife tomorrow night at 8/7c. Make sure to set your DVR." But, as we've seen, the rules for the state championship plainly say "no first time lifters," and that all entrants at a minimum must have competed in at least one USA Weightlifting competition between the 2018 North Carolina State Championships and the 2019 North Carolina State Championships. So did she compete in an earlier sanctioned event and keep it a big secret? Did her coach pull a few strings and get her into the Championship she wasn't qualified for? Did TLC buy her way in?

Yes.

She clearly did not meet the entry criteria.  I watched carefully and we never saw her lifting and a judge actually judging her in the same camera frame.

Given the lie about her eligibility I gave no reason to believe the purported results or “trophy”.  

Also, the whole segment of her training at Heavy Metal was an indictment of the poor quality of her training with Will’s daughter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Yajmele said:

Snatch 1:    Snatch 2:    Snatch 3: 25   Best Snatch:    

CleanJerk 1:    CleanJerk 2:    CleanJerk 3:    Best CleanJerk: 41   

Yeah, my mind is totally in the gutter now.  I'll see myself out.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, my mind is totally in the gutter now.  I'll see myself out.

Welcome to weightlifting, where anyone can say unironically, “Can you look and see what’s wrong with my snatch?  It looks terrible!”

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, Mommygetz said:

Did anyone else think it was weird that Whitney sat in the front with Buddy on the way to the airport instead of with Chase? I was kind of glad when Chase snubbed her!

My guess is she couldn't wedge herself in the backseat on either side. Whitney would not dare to show her new beau how unfabulous it can really get.

• Love 6
On 3/12/2020 at 1:28 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

This makes me really wonder what Whit could REALLY do with herself if she got serious with some sport, like weightlifting, and actually worked it hard and prepared. She has raw talent and gifts, but, she seems to not have the motivation to work them.  

On 3/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Glenn: This [the weightlifting championship] is grander than I expected.

[camera cuts to two rows of sparsely-filled folding chairs]

On 3/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, Irate Panda said:

Yay!  More weightlifting, I can hardly wait! 

Three things on this:

• I actually did like seeing the weightlifting.  It was a nice change of pace from the usual navel-gazing of her and the barnacles, and took me into a world I knew nothing about (so now I know the difference between "snatch" and "clean and jerk"!)
  • I was baffled by the sparse attendance.  I've attended/participated in various local/state/regional championships and all have been much better attended than this.  I do think it was legit the state championships, and not re-created or staged, so I just don't get it.
  • Whit will never work hard and prepare.  When she does things scattershot, she gets to show how fabulous she is for being able to just accomplish such-and-such thing.  Any farther, and she is exposed for the fraud that she is.
On 3/10/2020 at 8:14 PM, Snarkastikate said:

Then she asks Babs if her dad approved her wearing glasses and proceeds to steal them right off her mom's face.  

OK, seriously, can someone explain this to me?  The only logical reason I can come up with for Whitney asking about Glenn's approval of something Babs does is if it's somehow related to Babs' stroke.  Is eyestrain a risk for stroke, so Whitney wanted to be sure that the glasses were OK?  That's all I got!

On 3/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, Elizzikra said:

That’s a nice house for what I imagine Buddy’s income to be. It’s surprisingly cute. 

On 3/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, bichonblitz said:

Buddy does receive income from TLC so I imagine that is what enable's him to afford the rental. Otherwise, he would be back at mom and dad's. 

I don't think even with the TLC money, he can afford that house.  I think TLC covered the cost of renting, so they would have an acceptable place to film, that won't disturb other residents (hence it being a one-bedroom house), and looks nice enough on camera.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:24 AM, sonder said:

Whatever Whitney does, her friends and family overly praise it. Maybe I’m just not use to seeing that in the real world. Are they over the top in acting like everything Whitney does is so amazing? 

Don't judge me, but I read Whitney's book after having learned about it a few months ago in someone's post.  She specifically said that her parents did not praise her for things she couldn't do well (paraphrasing).  I about choked when I read that.  Or maybe it was true when she was younger, but they've been making up for it ever since she became an 'adult'!

• Love 1

The more I think about it, I wonder if the whole competition was a re-creation. TLC got some of the participants to participate then matched their actual results to the "fake" competition results... Yeah, maybe Twit did participate, somehow bypassing the rule you have to have previously competed to go to State. The sparse attendance shown on the show just seems off. There is just too much of a history of fake competitions on this show to totally trust this.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

The more I think about it, I wonder if the whole competition was a re-creation. TLC got some of the participants to participate then matched their actual results to the "fake" competition results... Yeah, maybe Twit did participate, somehow bypassing the rule you have to have previously competed to go to State. The sparse attendance shown on the show just seems off. There is just too much of a history of fake competitions on this show to totally trust this.

I will say that this type of event doesn’t gather a lot of spectators, like a football or basketball game.  Most of the spectators are family and friends of the participants. 

It wouldn’t be out of the way for her to do a small, local competition quietly to fulfill the requirement for the USAW/NC Weightlifting, and then TLC hype up her “first” competition for the ratings aspect. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Yajmele said:

It wouldn’t be out of the way for her to do a small, local competition quietly to fulfill the requirement for the USAW/NC Weightlifting ...

But it would be totally out of character.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

It's  sad that this show has  faked so much  about her life that  our first thought is "FAKE." Not unlike the story of the  boy who cried wolf.....

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I went to a charity event that was infested by a reality TV show. It was a real event, actually a very popular event and the reality show set up a completely separate cordoned off area for the "stars" and I guess extras? to party. I couldn't bring myself to watch the episode even out of morbid curiosity because I found their behavior completely disgusting but it was super weird that they had this little closed off party that did not reflect that nature of the real event at all.

Edited by John M
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

If this weightlifting organization is an actual athletic organization,  then I doubt they’d  put up fake results.  I mean, didn’t Whitney come in last anyway despite her “medal”? I do think what was shown on tv was manipulated, but I think she actually entered the competition.  As far as the criteria about a previous competition, does it have to be a organization-sponsored real event or could her coach round up Whitney and his wife have them lift weights and call that a “competition” or something like Will’s fundraiser can you call these things competitions?  Either way, the whole bores me.  I’m not into watching weightlifting contests in general and even less into ones Whitney is involved in.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

As far as the criteria about a previous competition, does it have to be a organization-sponsored real event or could her coach round up Whitney and his wife have them lift weights and call that a “competition” or something like Will’s fundraiser can you call these things competitions?

It's supposed to be a USA Weightlifting sanctioned event.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

If this weightlifting organization is an actual athletic organization,  then I doubt they’d  put up fake results.  I mean, didn’t Whitney come in last anyway despite her “medal”? I do think what was shown on tv was manipulated, but I think she actually entered the competition.  As far as the criteria about a previous competition, does it have to be a organization-sponsored real event or could her coach round up Whitney and his wife have them lift weights and call that a “competition” or something like Will’s fundraiser can you call these things competitions?  Either way, the whole bores me.  I’m not into watching weightlifting contests in general and even less into ones Whitney is involved in.

I think they probably let Whitney lift either after the real competition was over or in between the actual competitors.

They probably agreed to the charade as a trade-off for getting some publicity for their event 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I think they probably let Whitney lift either after the real competition was over or in between the actual competitors.

They probably agreed to the charade as a trade-off for getting some publicity for their event 

Unfortunately, the 2nd place finish is legit. The meet results have her as a registered participant.  However, just understand that this finish is just because of the number of participants in her more granular weight class and age category (87+ kg, Masters Women 35-39).  If they didn’t have the age group categories, which a lot of small local meets don’t, she would have finished dead last out of the women in her weight class...just as she did in her own class.  Her total was nearly half of the 1st place finisher in her category.

She won 2nd by default.  It doesn’t really mean much.  I myself have a dinky little 1st place medal from my first weightlifting meet a couple years ago.  However, it means about as much as Whit’s silver medal. I was the only one in my weight class at this very small meet, and more experienced lifters in a lower weight class lifted more than me. I knew that me being the only one in my weight class would be a possibility going into that meet, so my goals were different.  At the minimum, I wanted to get a feel for the weightlifting competition environment and put up a total, but my bigger goal for that meet was to make all six of my lift attempts.

Whit being a competitor in the N.C. state championships varies greatly from the Barbells for Boobs charity event she and Buddy did while they were training with Will.  The competition is not the primary focus at Barbells for Boobs.  It’s an event that raises awareness and fundraises for breast cancer. They paid their entry fee to participate rather than compete.  Whit and Buddy did not meet the equipment weight and movement standards to actually compete, judging by the small amount of weight on their barbell and the kettlebell they were swinging that looked like a tennis ball with a two-hand handle.  And you know what:  that’s fine with me.  Again, the focus for that event is on the charity and awareness.  If I recall correctly, TLC didn’t edit that to make it look like Whit and Buddy won. Just that they made it through, and Whit shared a hug with Will. 

NC Weightlifting is a member of USA Weightlifting, which is a member of the International Weightlifting Federation. If there was some kind of fix with a sanctioned meet broadcast all over the world, I would imagine this would bring some questions from these governing bodies on the meet itself along with her home gym and coaches. How much would it be worth to tarnish multiple coaches’, a gym’s, a meet’s, and an entire international sport’s reputation to promote some D-list reality star?

Edited by Yajmele
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, John M said:

I went to a charity event that was infested by a reality TV show. It was a real event, actually a very popular event and the reality show set up a completely separate cordoned off area for the "stars" and I guess extras? to party. I couldn't bring myself to watch the episode even out of morbid curiosity because I found their behavior completely disgusting but it was super weird that they had this little closed off party that did not reflect that nature of the real event at all.

And that's the beauty (NOT) of reality tv.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Unfortunately, the 2nd place finish is legit. The meet results have her as a registered participant.  However, just understand that this finish is just because of the number of participants in her more granular weight class and age category (87+ kg, Masters Women 35-39).  If they didn’t have the age group categories, which a lot of small local meets don’t, she would have finished dead last out of the women in her weight class...just as she did in her own class.  Her total was nearly half of the 1st place finisher in her category.

She won 2nd by default.  It doesn’t really mean much.  I myself have a dinky little 1st place medal from my first weightlifting meet a couple years ago.  However, it means about as much as Whit’s silver medal. I was the only one in my weight class at this very small meet, and more experienced lifters in a lower weight class lifted more than me. I knew that me being the only one in my weight class would be a possibility going into that meet, so my goals were different.  At the minimum, I wanted to get a feel for the weightlifting competition environment and put up a total, but my bigger goal for that meet was to make all six of my lift attempts.

Whit being a competitor in the N.C. state championships varies greatly from the Barbells for Boobs charity event she and Buddy did while they were training with Will.  The competition is not the primary focus at Barbells for Boobs.  It’s an event that raises awareness and fundraises for breast cancer. They paid their entry fee to participate rather than compete.  Whit and Buddy did not meet the equipment weight and movement standards to actually compete, judging by the small amount of weight on their barbell and the kettlebell they were swinging that looked like a tennis ball with a two-hand handle.  And you know what:  that’s fine with me.  Again, the focus for that event is on the charity and awareness.  If I recall correctly, TLC didn’t edit that to make it look like Whit and Buddy won. Just that they made it through, and Whit shared a hug with Will. 

NC Weightlifting is a member of USA Weightlifting, which is a member of the International Weightlifting Federation. If there was some kind of fix with a sanctioned meet broadcast all over the world, I would imagine this would bring some questions from these governing bodies on the meet itself along with her home gym and coaches. How much would it be worth to tarnish multiple coaches’, a gym’s, a meet’s, and an entire international sport’s reputation to promote some D-list reality star?

I agree that she legitimately finished last. I just think the competition agreed to disregard their entrance criteria because it was no skin off their noses and amounted to free publicity. 

The criteria I read were specific that participation in at lease 1 SANCTIONED event was a requirement. The reference to “no first-timers” seemed to be included to emphasize that point. 

The more I think about it this whole powerlifting tangent is completely random. Unlike the cross-fit thing at Will’s gym this has nothing to do with her “regular” fitness (I know) “routine”.  

It just seems like they needed SOME filler so this season wasn’t all about Whitney and Chase, and either Will or his daughter suggested throwing some free spotlight at their friend at Heavy Metal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 3/16/2020 at 9:37 PM, John M said:

I'm dying to know what show it is and other details!!!  (Obviously from my post - if that ever happens to me I will totally watch it just to see the difference between what I see and real life).  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm dying to know what show it is and other details!!!  (Obviously from my post - if that ever happens to me I will totally watch it just to see the difference between what I see and real life).  

I'm not going to say because I am employed by a non-profit in the same sector, just trust that it was super gross. They did venture out into the real even a few times, my husband and me did everything we could to disrupt their shots because fuck them.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1