Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Risky Business

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yes, he's got to be available 24/7 to counsel all the other Averys in his life. Did you notice that when he Facetimed Avery he immediately complimented her on how sexy she looked that day, then when he was "working with his client" the first thing he said to Avery #2  was how good her makeup looked. That must be his opening line with everyone. 

If he moves to America with Avery, what happens to his business?    He is going to have to build up a local clientele.   That should be fun as he goes trolling for heartbroken women who need and will pay for his services.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

He was seeming okay enough until the scene where he's talking to his client about her "love language," and then I was like, "Ew, fraud. Now I know he's a scammer."

He grossed me out when he told a client her hair and makeup were point.  Ewww!!!  My hubs would NEVER make a comment to a female colleague about her hair and makeup.  Ash bugs me  - crazy eyes, thinks a wee bit too much of himself for my taste.  He is not coming to America.  Those two broke up three times after having never met?  Good luck in real life.

Loved Usman's hesitation with if he finds her attractive.  Nice hemming and hawing there, guy.  They were rude to his friends in the car, especially Lisa.  Slipping him all that tongue?  Then berating them over a phone?  Then making it clear Usman is to only pay attention to her and only her while she is there?  She really thinks being married will stop any infidelity?  Yeah......good luck on that one.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 18
13 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

He's a really strange person.  

If Geoff and Varya's conversation was awkward can you imagine how awkward the sex would be if she stayed in his hotel room that first night?!  He is a bit dense and could not read the room, how could he even think of sleeping with her day 1?  I could see it happening organically if they had gone out drinking but Varya was way too sober for that meet up.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This is what annoys me about people like Ed.  I'm fine with a transactional relationship and he knows damn well that is what this is.  He knows that Rosemarie doesn't find him attractive.  He wasn't getting a young, attractive girl 30 years his junior unless she was in dire poverty that he could capitalize on.  

Fine. 

But I get annoyed when someone like Ed pretends the "relationship" is something it's not.  It's not some deep connection based on attraction.  It's an exchange of goods and services.  He gets a young pretty girl and she gets financial stability and a way out of desperate poverty. 

but so often the narrative is, someone like Ed is the "victim" and Rosemarie is painted a "golddigger" because the Ed of the situation refuses to keep up their end of the bargain. 

He expects her to march around in Wal Mart lingerie and have sex with him as soon as the plane touches down, even though he knows he isn't physically attractive,  but she is a "golddigger" if she wants him to buy her a $4 dress.  Or pay for stuff...which is their agreement.  

/Endrant

Re: ash.  I don't know if he is physically  attractive, like from some angles I'm like "oh that's a good looking guy" and from other angles I'm like "oh nooooooo" I feel like there has to be a Seinfeld episode about this. 

Classic player move...."oh wow, you just woke up like that?"

Valid points.  I suppose that something in people's heads send them into an ego binge. Either that or they were told what to say and that's always a good possibility on these reality shows.  If it will push buttons, they want it to happen.  That's why so many of the contestants, I mean cast members, get stood up at the airport.  They stand around waiting.........will their love show up?  Somebody at TLC thinks that's just hysterical.  Yeah....real entertaining.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I noticed she said a couple of times --pointedly -- that he is a "celebrity in his state." Is that perhaps akin to being a popular pianist / lounge singer (complete with lobby poster on an easel) at the Holiday Inn in Poughkeepsie, NY?

We have a local family-owned place that was in business for 35 years.  They did old-fashioned ("Sons of the Pioneers" type) country music, and then the performers went to the food service area and served a cafeteria-style dinner to all the guests.  They recently closed, but are now available for concerts around the state.

That's MY description of "celebrity in their state."  Whenever they show Lisa saying that, I see Usman scooping up baked beans to a line of tourists.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Lisa is willing to have risky condomless  sex with Usman in order to make herself more sexually attractive.  Yet she refuses to wear a bra, which would make her look 100x better.

It's a mystery to me.    

Only if she wears the bra over her face.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I always said this about Larry and Jenny. He's no ball of fire, but neither is she. They'll go to Applebee's or Chili's once a month for date night, go grocery shopping and to Walmart on Saturday, and they'll have a quiet, pleasant life. She'll go to community college for a modest credential--bookkeeping or dental assisting. She'll work part time and between the two of them they'll have enough. 

Yes, I remember you saying that. Nothing wrong with a quiet pleasant life. I have had drama and it gets old fast. 

• Love 10

I have noticed that all these idiots do the airport greeting by turning their backs and walking away from their luggage (what could possibly go wrong) in a foreign airport or any airport for that matter, TSA loves an unattended bag and so do thieves.

Ed and child bride and the chewing gum, ick.  Also, Ed did nothing to make himself more attractive to meet the love of his life/soulmate/child bride.

If I were dating a guy for 3 months I would not be expecting a ring, what is it about meeting on line that makes three months the mile marker?  Fun fact: I met my husband on JDate, I only signed up for a three month subscription, the clock was ticking, lol...2 years later we got married, that was 15 years ago...I had no idea I could have made it a transactional marriage!  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Yes, he's got to be available 24/7 to counsel all the other Averys in his life. Did you notice that when he Facetimed Avery he immediately complimented her on how sexy she looked that day, then when he was "working with his client" the first thing he said to Avery #2  was how good her makeup looked. That must be his opening line with everyone. 

If he moves to America with Avery, what happens to his business?    He is going to have to build up a local clientele.   That should be fun as he goes trolling for heartbroken women who need and will pay for his services.

I just figured he could work from anywhere since it's all done via Skype. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Re: ash.  I don't know if he is physically  attractive, like from some angles I'm like "oh that's a good looking guy" and from other angles I'm like "oh

nooooooo" I feel like there has to be a Seinfeld episode about this. 

Of COURSE there is a Seinfeld  episode lol which I'm sure you know - "He's a two-face!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Ed is strange, he said Rose is way out of his league but at the same time expects her to drool over his short and pudgy self.

Practically the first words out of Ed's mouth at the airport were something like, "You're real. You're beautiful. Am I what you expected? Do you like what you see?" How's the poor girl supposed to respond to that? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Practically the first words out of Ed's mouth at the airport were something like, "You're real. You're beautiful. Am I what you expected? Do you like what you see?" How's the poor girl supposed to respond to that? 

and it's all accompanied by that strange move he makes where he scrunches his head even further into his body and squints his eyes and pulls his shoulders up - all excited like!  lol...he really does remind me of SpongeBob.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Takitaki said:

She also has zero self awareness, thinking someone 20 years younger would find her super attractive, when she's not in shape and seemingly makes zero effort with her appearance.

What about her Brazilian? 

Usmen has said his goal is to become "the biggest Hip Hop and R&B star in AMERICA." He probably thinks Lisa is his only chance at reaching that (obviously) impossible dream. 

Edited by magemaud
I meant "goal" not GOAT! Look! a Goat! Speaking of goats, when they showed the one at the beginning of the Lisa scene, I wondered if that was the one she was going to bring as a hostess gift
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Xena said:
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Re: ash.  I don't know if he is physically  attractive, like from some angles I'm like "oh that's a good looking guy" and from other angles I'm like "oh

nooooooo" I feel like there has to be a Seinfeld episode about this. 

Of COURSE there is a Seinfeld  episode lol which I'm sure you know - "He's a two-face!"

I think Ash's two faces are "Crazy" and "Crazier" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Usmen has said his goal is to become "the biggest Hip Hop and R&B star in AMERICA." He probably thinks Lisa is his only chance at reaching that (obviously) impossible dream. 

Seriously, let's look at the facts, Lisa is a CNA from York PA, she could not be further from music industry if she tried.  If Usman really wanted to work hard and make it in music then could have sent his demo to every record company in the US and he would have a better chance in the industry then hitch his wagon to Lisa of York.  Is Usman really not that smart? 

Does he not realize there is no direct line thru Lisa to fame and fortune, there is not even a direct line to fortune thru Lisa of York, he will have to sex it up with her as payment for everything he wants, ick.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The guy is a relationship coach?  Sure he is.  In this day and age, people can call themselves lots of things and anyone willing to drink the kool-aid will happily follow along.  

A few years ago every shiftless jobless person was a consultant.  Now they are influencers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Seriously, let's look at the facts, Lisa is a CNA from York PA, she could not be further from music industry if she tried.  If Usman really wanted to work hard and make it in music then could have sent his demo to every record company in the US and he would have a better chance in the industry then hitch his wagon to Lisa of York.  Is Usman really not that smart? 

Does he not realize there is no direct line thru Lisa to fame and fortune, there is not even a direct line to fortune thru Lisa of York, he will have to sex it up with her as payment for everything he wants, ick.

Maybe she told him she had connections? 

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There is a direct line, through Lisa, to a green card.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Usman really wanted to work hard and make it in music then could have sent his demo to every record company in the US and he would have a better chance in the industry then hitch his wagon to Lisa of York.  Is Usman really not that smart?

And every record company in the US would have seen that he's in Nigeria and immediately realized that the odds of getting ANY kind of visa for a single man from there were somewhere between slim and none.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, iwasish said:

Watching Rose  pluck those bills out of his wallet and pocket the change.... nothing subtle there. She’s in it for the $$$. She got that same robotic voice and expression that Juliana has.

And Hazel

On 3/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, Colfrmb2 said:

I was surprised that Stacey was driving a low end Nissan or something similar and not a Euro sport vehicle... or Tesla.  They are so into image.

This is why I asked my question upthread about who gets fakes houses and fake cars and why others don't? Because in their first season, Darcey drove a new Range. No way would Darcey drive a Range and Stacey drive a Nissan...

18 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So he went to Australia for uni. He's 38. So, twenty years. Is he running from the law? 

He may not have enrolled at 18. But another poster reminded us that his florist has known him for 16 years. So yes, he may have actually been there 20 yrs. Seems strange that he would want to leave and even stranger to think he might not have permanent residency.

9 hours ago, MrsBug said:

ALso, when darcy got the pics, i thought she said she hadnt spoken to tom in 3 weeks because they had blocked each other ( meaning he blocked her crazy azz). 

So the pics of him with anyone is irrelevant. That ship has sailed and darcy is at the dock alone. Luckily she has such ample bouys in case she jumps off the dock in despair

They only blocked each other on social media. She and Jesse used block each other, too. 

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

But I get annoyed when someone like Ed pretends the "relationship" is something it's not.  It's not some deep connection based on attraction.  It's an exchange of goods and services.  He gets a young pretty girl and she gets financial stability and a way out of desperate poverty. 

But neither one is fully ready to accept that or be honest. If they do, then she is admitting she's a prostitute and he is admitting he's so inherently unlovable he has to pay for it. I don't think many ppl are willing to be honest about that dynamic; they keep hoping there's more to it.

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Re: ash.  I don't know if he is physically  attractive, like from some angles I'm like "oh that's a good looking guy" and from other angles I'm like "oh nooooooo" I feel like there has to be a Seinfeld episode about this. 

The episode is where Jerry is dating Gwen, who is very pretty in some lighting and then horrifying (picture his horrified face) in other lighting. Kramer meets "unattractive" Gwen at Jerry's and then sees her while picketing at the bagel store and doesn't recognize her, leading her to think Jerry is cheating on her.

There's a Seinfeld episode for just about every occasion.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

And Hazel

This is why I asked my question upthread about who gets fakes houses and fake cars and why others don't? Because in their first season, Darcey drove a new Range. No way would Darcey drive a Range and Stacey drive a Nissan...

But neither one is fully ready to accept that or be honest. If they do, then she is admitting she's a prostitute and he is admitting he's so inherently unlovable he has to pay for it. I don't think many ppl are willing to be honest about that dynamic; they keep hoping there's more to it.

I think this is a fair and reasonable point.  It's likely that they are both invested in an alternative interpretation of their relationship. 

It just kinda always feels to me like the foreign spouse ends up getting the short end of the stick.  If everyone agrees to this narrative to cover the truth, no harm, no foul.  But it seems like when the poop hits the fan, the foreign born spouse is painted as a superficial, golddigging, green card scamming monster and the American spouse as some innocent victim who was bamboozled. 

RE - the car.  From what little I know of Darcy and her need to keep up appearances, it seems like she would have leased or rented the RR.  I wonder if Stacey doesn't do the same because she spends a lot of her time overseas with Florian.  

6 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

The episode is where Jerry is dating Gwen, who is very pretty in some lighting and then horrifying (picture his horrified face) in other lighting. Kramer meets "unattractive" Gwen at Jerry's and then sees her while picketing at the bagel store and doesn't recognize her, leading her to think Jerry is cheating on her.

There's a Seinfeld episode for just about every occasion.

LOL!  That's exactly how I feel about ash.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe he can sign with Blake's record label?????? Cross pollination and cross promotion!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, Spike said:

Ash claimed in an earlier episode that the mother is just fine with the kid moving to America because she wants what’s best for him.  Yeah right.  Melbourne looks pretty nice.

I spent a week in Melbourne back in August for business.  It's about as cosmopolitan as one can get.  Wonderful location, near the ocean.  Lots of different cuisines.  I really enjoyed it. 

But then again, I was just visiting.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2020 at 11:48 AM, MajorNelson said:

Stephanie's most recent video has part of the title saying "demonitized" and from what I can tell does not in the video explain why or what.  Anyway, her small hope in raking in the big bucks may have been crushed by her overlord's censorship.

My kids have a YT channel for their business.  Videos and live feeds can be de-monetized (in other words, no donations or contributions of money can be made) because YT doesn't like the content.  There are very specific rules of what you can and can't do.  The other issue with de-monetizing is that if YT cannot pair your video with sponsors (who advertise in advance of your video) who want to be associated with your product (your video), then you get nothing for it.

Case in point - my kids' site was de-monetized for a couple of weeks because YT found one of their thumbnails (their cover sheet for the video) to be unacceptable for children.  The video was on goats giving birth and the cover was found to offensive.  The button for donating to the site was deactivated for a couple of weeks until the appeal went through - the site was cleared and there hasn't been a problem yet.

I know too much about this, but in all probability, her videos were found to be unacceptable by YT management.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

I painfully cringed at that. I mean, physically cringed and wanted to shrink away into nothing. Is tv supposed to make me physically uncomfortable?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I painfully cringed at that. I mean, physically cringed and wanted to shrink away into nothing. Is tv supposed to make me physically uncomfortable?

I guess she was supposed to exclaim, “oh yes, my King, you make me wet!”

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I noticed she said a couple of times --pointedly -- that he is a "celebrity in his state."

I'm pretty sure this is the Angela thing of thinking that Africa is a country and Nigeria is a state.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe she told him she had connections? 

The way she rapidly says she's from "York City" he might have thought she said NEW YORK CITY! But, she's also promoting an artist called "Soldier Boy" so maybe that's a problem. 

2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

And Hazel

and "Yes, Love" Jenny

2 hours ago, BallisticNikki said:

No way would Darcey drive a Range and Stacey drive a Nissan...

I still think that might have been Daddy Silva's car. After all, reports are both Stacey and Darcey have boomeranged back into the family home. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

She's got a nice mix of sophisticated and quirky/goofy.  I also thought the yellow suit looked good on her. 

I agree! I would wear that yellow suit -- it gave her a professional edge and the color made it trendy in a good way. She seems very poised and can do better than that joker.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The way she rapidly says she's from "York City" he might have thought she said NEW YORK CITY! But, she's also promoting an artist called "Soldier Boy" so maybe that's a problem. 

and "Yes, Love" Jenny

He probably does think NYC! Wonder if she corrected him at any point or let it slide?

Yes, I think many of these women are "dead behind the eyes" particularly early on. So  much is riding on making a good impression but there is such a sense of sadness that this is what it came to, selling yourself for the US. And how many of these women have actually sold themselves and wonder if this will be just another guy who will take what they want and leave? Or that they will get the proposal and the Green Card. Its interesting that once Hazel got the proposal from Tarik, she seemed to liven up a bit. 

Another thought, maybe they are all lousy actresses reading the script for TLC. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, Ed did nothing to make himself more attractive to meet the love of his life/soulmate/child bride.

Even just him losing weight would've been something, but one of the few positives to being a short man with a small frame is that weightlifting takes way less time to look built than someone of average size. The dedication it would've taken to get Geoffrey's physique is hard to imagine, though now that he already has it and is disliked, there's nowhere to improve for the court of public opinion. At least the disdain for Ed would probably be diluted a bit with respect if he got in shape.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I'll be honest, I've been slacking this season.  I just sat down and started to watch the Darcy moments. I honestly feel terrible saying too much about it because I feel that there is some serious dysmorphia happening with both sisters.  Stacy looks INSANE.  INSANE.  I just want to take a rag and wipe down both of their faces, BURN those synthetic muppet abomination wigs and give them a cup of hot tea and lock them in a room until all their fillers die down.  It's not even funny at this point.  You've got to really dislike yourself to look in the mirror and say, you know what would look good?  Hemorrhoid lips and polyester hair.  

The twins are truly horrifying looking and they rapidly get worse every epidode. I can only describe them as grotesque.

Look, lisa and grangela may be old and rather unattractive but i respect that at least they are realistic and normal looking ( unnatractive and untidy looking but at least real in person). I would rather see a woman look her proper age than look like the twins. I could not be around such deeply delusional people without being creeped out and the twin factor just intensifies it.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, MrsBug said:

The twins are truly horrifying looking and they rapidly get worse every epidode. I can only describe them as grotesque.

Look, lisa and grangela may be old and rather unattractive but i respect that at least they are realistic and normal looking ( unnatractive and untidy looking but at least real in person). I would rather see a woman look her proper age than look like the twins. I could not be around such deeply delusional people without being creeped out and the twin factor just intensifies it.

You have a point there but there has to be a middle ground between the grotesque and the grossly old and worn. 

though between the 4 of them, they don't seem to be able to find a decent outfit! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I grew up in the 1970s, but I watched a lot of reruns. "The Dick Van Dyke Show" was one of my favorites. So when I hear the name Rose Marie, I think of this actress:

Rose Marie.png

With so many Filipinas named Maria after the virgin when any variation is made my first thought is the add on is to distinguish them. With any Maria I meet if on a friend level at work an early question if they don't volunteer a call me "X"   is what do they call you.

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

With so many Filipinas named Maria after the virgin when any variation is made my first thought is the add on is to distinguish them. With any Maria I meet if on a friend level at work an early question if they don't volunteer a call me "X"   is what do they call you.

My three Dominican cousins all have Maria in their names. One is a second name but the other two its their first name. Out of the three only one has a daughter and her first name is Maria! 

My three male cousins all have Manuel in their names, two middle and one first. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Maybe he can sign with Blake's record label?????? Cross pollination and cross promotion!

And then they can sign the young woman who lived in a small town that had the BEST apples in the world!!!!  After all, I believe she did not sign a record deal once she was eliminated from American Idol (obviously I have forgotten her name...).  Oh, and we previously had the boy band(er) who wanted to go to Chicago (I guess when too many seasons have passed I just don't remember anyone's name [hope it's not my age catching upto me...]).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ucross said:

I'm pretty sure this is the Angela thing of thinking that Africa is a country and Nigeria is a state.

Apparently the country of Nigeria is divided into 36 states and Kaduna is the name one of them and its capital city is also Kaduna. That would explain why he's not widely known outside of his home state. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, Ed did nothing to make himself more attractive to meet the love of his life/soulmate/child bride.

What? Are you forgetting the mayo treatment on his "long, sexy hair"? Definitely a chick magnet, at least to Rosemarie! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1