Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Risky Business

• Start Topic

Stephanie makes a life-changing decision. Lisa meets her Nigerian fiancé. Ed worries Rose won't feel a connection. Darcey makes a shocking discovery. Geoffrey's first day in Russia is off to a bumpy start. Yolanda has concerns about Williams.

Airs 3/8/20

• Love 2

Dammit I like Varya a lot.  She seems really cool...and Geoffrey is a total putz.  Plus he's a psychopath of course too!

Darcy.  Darcy Darcy Darcy.  And Stephanie you bitch - totally eating up your sister's "misery."  "He gave you a key to his heart or whatever!"  OMG!  🤣 Darcy is so confused!  She doesn't know what's going on...thought maybe this was for real...but can't really check, because she blocked him 3 weeks ago!  hahahaha...omg.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Dammit I like Varya a lot.  She seems really cool...and Geoffrey is a total putz.  Plus he's a psychopath of course too!

Darcy.  Darcy Darcy Darcy.  And Stephanie you bitch - totally eating up your sister's "misery."  "He gave you a key to his heart or whatever!"  OMG!  🤣 Darcy is so confused!  She doesn't know what's going on...thought maybe this was for real...but can't really check, because she blocked him 3 weeks ago!  hahahaha...omg.  

Florian broke the bro code!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Geoffrey getting all butthurt Vayra doesn’t want to sleep him the first day she meets him. He was close to losing his cool that he wasn’t in control of the situation. 

Still no Rose reaction on the first half. 

• Love 21
(edited)

Is Stephanie going to Australia to meet Rainbow Brite?

Tom: “I’d like to come to America to see someone I shared a romantic notion with.” 

Note the use of PAST tense! 

E30AB4D1-2A5C-436B-8994-D6818B4C3B22.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geoffrey getting all butthurt Vayra doesn’t want to sleep him the first day she meets him. He was close to losing his cool that he wasn’t in control of the situation. 

She seemed to have a stronger and different accent than other Filipinas who have been on the show.

Just now, magemaud said:

Tom: “I’d like to come to America to see someone I shared a romantic notion with.” 

And survey the Lay of the Land (Darcey).

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Was "Stood up at the airport?" on the bingo card? Has to happen at least once each season.

Will Rose show up to meet Ed? Don't do Rose! Better yet, show up to pat him on his head like he's a tiny little man, because he is and lied about it, then turn around, walk away and leave him there.

This first hour was super dull and the app sucks. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Yeah Ed is in for a shock.  It looks like Rose is quite impoverished.  Don't think nice sheets are going to help a whole lot...

Honestly, nice sheets in that situation is a little out of touch with reality. It reminds me of growing up with my dad having an outhouse and the time my mom gave him a frilly little WHITE throw rug in there. Dad was in need of toilet paper, lime to pour down the hole, wasp spray, batteries for the lantern we kept in there...I mean, the outhouse was 100 feet behind the house and you had to walk through muddy patches to get to it, yet here's my mother going through her Home Interior magazine... (Mom and Dad never lived together.)

Or the time when my friend's house caught on fire and they lost EVERYTHING, including the baby and the toddler. They needed soap, shampoo, underwear, toothbrushes...you know, basic stuff. Money for the girls'funeral...My other friend, however, wanted to give the surviving teenagers PROM DRESSES. It was September. She said "having something pretty to wear will make them feel good". Yeah, well, so would toothpaste. Like WHERE the hell are they going to wear those to? More importantly, where are they going to store them? Their house was gone and they were temporarily staying in a homeless shelter... Completely out of touch.

I'm not comparing Rose's place to an outhouse, btw. It's just funny (and not in a ha ha way) that Big Ed's worried about his delicate skin while, meanwhile, Rose and her baby are showering in a bucket and sleeping on a mat on the floor.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Was "Stood up at the airport?" on the bingo card? Has to happen at least once each season.

Will Rose show up to meet Ed? Don't do Rose! Better yet, show up to pat him on his head like he's a tiny little man, because he is and lied about it, then turn around, walk away and leave him there.

This first hour was super dull and the app sucks. 

Super lame cliffhanger when they have shown promos of them together.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Anyone else notice the nano second Ex Con’s eyes blinked black with inner rage when Varya told him she was going to spend the night over a friend’s place?

Although he kept saying he was exhausted so one would think he wouldn’t have the energy for vigorous sex.  Maybe he thinks she should service him while he just lies there like a sack of potatoes.

• Love 4

Hope BigEd is compassionate enough to help Rosie and not exploit her like TLC.

Considering her circumstances, she, at least, for a few fleeting moments  is a star in a US basic cable show.

Maybe she can parlay that to improve Prince’s future.

She deserves dignity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I like Varya and I think it sucks that she may be in the dark about all of this. 

It is funny how perceptions change.  When the show started, I thought "Oh, a she is probably trying to take advantage just to get to America", but I like her.  She's too good for him and hope she comes out of it okay.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 20
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Geoffrey looked like he would have choked her right in the car if that pesky camera hadn't been rolling.

In his defense though, if she led him to believe she would stay with him, then he would have been justifiably surprised and annoyed that she was going to drop him in a provincial Russian city where no one speaks English while she then went 100 miles back to Moscow.  She should have told him that was the plan beforehand. 

• Love 7

Ed's insecurity is offensive. The poor girl has more things to worry about than how tall you are and whether your a beefcake you clod. It's also going to be hard for her to find transportation to the airport.  She's looking for a better life and felt a connection with you. The kid thing MIGHT be an issue, but she's not going to give up her opp for America, and Ed is not going to lie to her about not wanting kids. Which is good.

I don't understand the Geoffrey story. He seems normal enough, insecure as well, but with that many arrests there is clearly simply wrong. Arrests aren't heresay, there needs to be evidence to arrest someone, so that's concerning. I don't think Varya is remotely into him. She's way smarter than him, has tons more energy, and looks like Angelina Jolie. She'll find someone way better. I think she's just a touch immature so she still has some growing up to do, but when she does, she'll have a very nice life.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

looks like Angelina Jolie.

I think she looks like the mother on that Outdaughtered show.

From what we saw of her disc jockey job it seems like she does the intro's to songs for an automated radio station like Jack FM.  

Wait till Varya realizes she will be living in the middle of know where, she probably does not know because nobody talks about real life things before the commit.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait till Varya realizes she will be living in the middle of know where, she probably does not know because nobody talks about real life things before the commit.

Varya and Geoffrey, if what we are seeing is true and not scripted, have no shot whatsoever. They are both attractive people, and I can see them liking being seen with the other, and they are both trying to get ahead in life. Varya seems to like excitement all the time. She'll go nuts in 5-minutes in a house in the middle of nowhere. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What’s wrong with Ed Sheeran? “Beautiful People” is firmly cemented in my morning commute mix. 

I have guilty pleasures too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:Geoffrey looked like he would have choked her right in the car if that pesky camera hadn't been rolling.

In his defense though, if she led him to believe she would stay with him, then he would have been justifiably surprised and annoyed that she was going to drop him in a provincial Russian city where no one speaks English while she then went 100 miles back to Moscow.  She should have told him that was the plan beforehand. 

Yeah, but she should be able to change her mind if she’s not comfortable. Maybe she’ll stay at some point of the trip but given it’s her first time meeting him in person I’m glad she’s being guarded especially given his reaction. Even if I didn’t know his background I’d be uncomfortable if a guy I met for the first time in person kept haranguing on me changing my mind after I said no. 

• Love 22
14 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, but she should be able to change her mind if she’s not comfortable. Maybe she’ll stay at some point of the trip but given it’s her first time meeting him in person I’m glad she’s being guarded especially given his reaction. Even if I didn’t know his background I’d be uncomfortable if a guy I met for the first time in person kept haranguing on me changing my mind after I said no. 

I agree with that. For what it's worth, I'm active on a lot of immigration advice forums, and it's incredibly common for people to chat online and "fall in love" and then one goes to meet the other and they usually shack up together from day one.  I don't get it, maybe I'm a prude. Like every day there are hundreds of foreign women arriving in the USA to meet "online boyfriend" American dudes, and their plan is to stay with the guy in his apartment for three weeks and they have no backup plan at all. Doesn't seem very safe to me.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

I agree with that. For what it's worth, I'm active on a lot of immigration advice forums, and it's incredibly common for people to chat online and "fall in love" and then one goes to meet the other and they usually shack up together from day one.  I don't get it, maybe I'm a prude. Like every day there are hundreds of foreign women arriving in the USA to meet "online boyfriend" American dudes, and their plan is to stay with the guy in his apartment for three weeks and they have no backup plan at all. Doesn't seem very safe to me.

Gotcha! Yeah, definitely dangerous with and there’s often that power differential that make it harder to get any recourse should things go wrong. 

• Love 8

Looked up the prices of hotels in Caloocan for BigEd and they are totally affordable...

The Wyndam and Radisson are around $70USD/ night and the local brands of motels about $25-30USD/night.

BigEd needs to camp out in a hotel...with AC, toilet, running water, 1000 thread count sheets, fluffy towels to keep his fragile skin intact... and bring his Insta family with him....Prince can order room service...

For the Fargo fans... "Yeah, ya know it's the Radisson, so it's pretty good."

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What’s wrong with Ed Sheeran? “Beautiful People” is firmly cemented in my morning commute mix. 

He's one of the few modern singers I can stomach. 

Am I the only one excited about the Goofballs 2.0? I love it when the foreigners have a Greek chorus. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Looked up the prices of hotels in Caloocan for BigEd and they are totally affordable...

The Wyndam and Radisson are around $70USD/ night and the local brands of motels about $25-30USD/night.

BigEd needs to camp out in a hotel...with AC, toilet, running water, 1000 thread count sheets, fluffy towels to keep his fragile skin intact... and bring his Insta family with him....Prince can order room service...

For the Fargo fans... "Yeah, ya know it's the Radisson, so it's pretty good."

I'm from the mountains where we take it personal if our guests don't stay with us when they come to visit...and even I would have stayed in a hotel on this trip. He's a father himself. IMO there should've been a "how about I stay in a hotel for the first few nights while you get to know me and your son feels comfortable with me" instead of a "I'm gonna shack up with this woman and have her parade around in a negligee in a room that will be shared by us and her 4 year old". 

My prediction is that a hotel stay will be involved at some point. I'm hoping that what we're seeing now is just part of the storyline. Hell, even POLE and his 15 crates of Lysol and body condoms knew to stay in a hostel. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

i hope she is aware of it and all this is just for the show. 

I hope so, too. I actually think that the "you should stay with us instead of in the hotel room with him" by her friends was actually at production's insistence. I hope so. I wonder how much the producers knew at the time of filming. At least one incident happened after filming, but there were enough beforehand that they should've been aware. If they weren't then someones needs to get fired for not running a basic Google search. There was a switch in the way Varya acted pre-landing and post-landing. Maybe that's when someone sat her down and told her. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In the car ride, she actually discussed liking being in the big city as opposed to the small city like Knoxville, so it sounds to me like she did do some research. Too bad it wasn't on him, but really, that probably didn't come out until he was announced as being on this show. I'm sure she didn't hire a private detective.

9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I actually think that the "you should stay with us instead of in the hotel room with him" by her friends was actually at production's insistence. 

Internet sleuths and tabloidish sites did the dirt digging. Sharp never gave a damn. If I were a member of the production team and found out something, I'd definitely tell. I'm just not sure when they knew anything in relationship to filming. 

If they knew back then and continued to film him, it's even more disgusting on their part. 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Varya seemed perfectly friendly and welcoming to Geoffrey. His constant complaints about “awkwardness” sounded like projection to me. Oh...and he’s batshit crazy.

Usman is pure comedy and one of his friends looks just like Jussie Smollet.

My wish for TLC is that they create a new late night talk show titled, “Up Late So Mash with Zied,” where the guests come on and smoke hookah with Zied. BabyLove Usman can be the musical director and do his signature Usman Schmurda dance every night. Gold, Jerry! Gold!

The terrible coffee shop singer/wannabe YouTube star is in serious need of attention.

The YouTuber scolded her mom for bringing her a croissant because she is supposedly on a diet but then when we saw her in a coffee shop she had bought herself a croissant.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Spike said:

The YouTuber scolded her mom for bringing her a croissant because she is supposedly on a diet but then when we saw her in a coffee shop she had bought herself a croissant.  

Tough lesson for you mom, but maybe next time, you’ll remember to cut it on the freaking bias!

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

There was not one speck of chemistry between Varya and Geoffrey in the car.  She’s smart and already knows that no matter how nice Knoxville is, it’s not the big city she wants.

I think that Rose’s sister has planted the idea that a much older man who can provide a better life for them is not such a bad deal, since he most likely will not be around for as long as a 40s or so guy would.

• Love 8
On 3/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

She did seem to know that Knoxville is a relatively small city, but I don't think she realized how far out of town Geoffrey lives. He's not even in a suburb! 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

She did seem to know that Knoxville is a relatively small city, but I don't think she realized how far out of town Geoffrey lives. He's not even in a suburb! 

Well it is an upgrade from Siberia. Also that town she is in an hour from Moscow may not be that big.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 1
On 3/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I kind of laughed at this recalling Darcy being so bewildered that Tom booked  her a separate room and didn’t jump her bones immediately. 
I do think Vayra  might have stayed with him, if her friends hadn’t been so adamantly against it.,

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I kind of laughed at this recalling Darcy being so bewildered that Tom booked  her a separate room and didn’t jump her bones immediately. 
I do think Vayra  might have stayed with him, if her friends hadn’t been so adamantly against it.,

Like none of her friends have gone home with a guy from the bar they just met.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

The YouTube girl was such a snooze, I could barely pay attention to her segments.  Am I remembering correctly that she is around 30 years old?  If so, yikes.  She came across very juvenile, and so did her oh-so-wacky purple haired internet girlfriend.  I have no interest in their story or their "relationship."  One especially lame part I remember was when she showed the snapchat from the Australian (don't remember either one's name) that was just like "Drinking a lot of coffee!" or something generic, as if that was supposed to be an example of their witty repartee.  

Don't you know that it's soulmate code? A line of emojis equals true love and"drinking coffee" passes for wit. They are soooo far beyond the rest of us mere mortals who will never know what real love is...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

There was not one speck of chemistry between Varya and Geoffrey in the car.  She’s smart and already knows that no matter how nice Knoxville is, it’s not the big city she wants.

I think that Rose’s sister has planted the idea that a much older man who can provide a better life for them is not such a bad deal, since he most likely will not be around for as long as a 40s or so guy would.

Not all older dudes die off quickly. Some can live to their 80s or 90s.

• Love 5