Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: The Lunch

• Start Topic

Gary accidentally crashes Maggie's first date with a new guy, and Delilah is forced to have "the talk" with Sophie. Rome has an important meeting with a Hollywood big shot, while Eddie teaches Dakota a tough lesson in what it takes to succeed in the music business.

Airing Thursday, February 27, 2020.

• Love 1

I watched this while having breakfast and am glad I no longer lose sleep. The "soap" part was very high tonight and why I keep hoping for the TIU type drama more is silly. The producer doesn't want that and I need to accept that if I watch, that great scripts will be limited and there will be a gem somewhere here and there. Now I'm waiting for "Dreams" with Ron Livingston and hope they do that justice.

Dakota? I mean really? Could they write her any worse to make a point? You can almost follow the script for the next few months.

I did like Rome's dad, reminds me of my 90+ Mom in restaurants, but not as loud. Their conversations are the most realistic to me.

Maggie/Gary, nuff said.  They are too old to be acting like this. She's a therapist, she can figure out tinder dates are lousy at best.

The baby, typical guy that comes off nice but isn't (or there will be a twist) Making him white was to keep the backlash of the stereotype they have on TV  which is admirable but obvious. Abusers come in all colors and sizes and wealth. I still hope there is more to it than they are showing but doubt it. Her reaction, the mom, was odd.

Private Life a movie on Netflix showed how some couples go through so much and are let down with expectant moms and scams. Very good show I thought on the reality some face.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 4

I get the feeling that both Eve and baby daddy are playing Regina and Rome.

I continue to not care about Delilah, and the storyline with her and Sophie is just not believable. 

I love Gary, but dude, you can do so much better than Maggie.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Do these people ever go one day without all congregating in the same place? Everyone was at the restaurant except Eddie and Katherine.

And why is Gary taking up a table to do work? That's the kind of thing you expect at a coffee shop, not a nice restaurant. (On the other hand, at least he's working....)

• Love 12

Yeah....I didn't like this episode at all, which is why I found it hard to find something to post last night after I watched it.

Gary/Maggie is infuriatingly annoying. Maggie should NOT have her first date be at the restaurant, period. Her being OH! SO! SHOCKED! that Gary might actually show up made Maggie look bad. Yeah, no fucking shit that Gary might actually show up. It's his friends' restaurant. You're the new friend to the group. Go find another turf for your goddamn date. Also, if you want to meet somewhere else, MESSAGE THE GUY YOU'RE TRYING TO MEET UP WITH. 

I didn't feel bad that she got stood up, mostly because the guy probably dodged a bullet. And I couldn't care less that Gary and Maggie are both pining for each other. You two broke up for a reason. But, alas, they'll just get back together either at the end of this season or the potential next season. 

Rome's stuff was marginally decent, but I think I'm just tired with a character on so many of these shows being a film-maker, especially since I predict that this is all going to turn meta and Rome's film will end up being about the lives of all of his friends with some fake ass names, like Larry for Gary, Saskatchewan for Regina, Freddie for Eddie, and Plain White Tees for Delilah.

Also, the baby mama drama is EXACTLY what I pictured it would be like. No shit that the guy at the end turned out to be the Abusive Baby Daddy. And of course dumbass Eve decides to take off with him...after suspiciously being cheerful that he's there. Maybe she's just a damn good actress, but I could also buy this being some sort of con. Especially since he somehow ended up at Regina's restaurant. Again, fine, he found out she was in Boston and ended up at her previous workplace. But how would he know to show up at Regina's restaurant?

That being said, it'll probably end with Eve giving birth after getting Baby Daddy arrested for whatever reason and deciding to keep the baby, so Rome/Regina aren't getting this baby anyway, whether or not Eve is working with Baby Daddy for money or whatever. And the storyline isn't that compelling to me. I'd rather see Rome's father.

Dakota....LOL. I'm really not surprised with how things went with her and Eddie. I'm glad to see Eddie doing something other than having his family drama, just because David Giuntoli is an excellent actor who deserves better than this show...but the Dakota stuff is just oh so boring. And I like Anna Akana, so it's a shame that this is what she also gets stuck with. 

As for the Delilah/Sophie stuff...ok, I'm going to admit something I didn't think I would, but this was Delilah's best episode ever. I think there's a few reasons why I didn't hate it. First of all, Delilah actually does the parenting! She doesn't run to Gary to solve her problem, but she deals with it herself! This is the first time she's taken charge with her kids! And also, she actually takes responsibility for her actions with the affair! Woohoo! And finally, we also hear HER point of view about the affair, which we haven't heard from her at ANY point. 

So, it was a good Delilah episode, and I was surprised with how ok I was with her conversation with Sophie. Now, granted, the storyline was still moronic, in terms of Sophie's dumbass older boyfriend and how Delilah decided to just show up at his place without trying to call Sophie first...but ultimately, I didn't hate Delilah/Sophie's storyline. Granted, I think what helped was that every single other storyline, except for maybe Rome's father's storyline, was horrifically worse compared to Delilah and Sophie's storyline, but I also think that it was a good Delilah episode in general.

That being said, it still took them two seasons to get there, so that's not saying much. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rome's film will end up being about the lives of all of his friends with some fake ass names, like Larry for Gary, Saskatchewan for Regina, Freddie for Eddie, and Plain White Tees for Delilah.

Please make this happen, show!

And all the movie characters will refer to Plain White Tees as P.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

like Larry for Gary, Saskatchewan for Regina, Freddie for Eddie, and Plain White Tees for Delilah.

Thank you for making me have to silently crack up at work. 🤣

26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Again, fine, he found out she was in Boston and ended up at her previous workplace. But how would he know to show up at Regina's restaurant?

I said last week, if he found her at the coffee shop, what makes them think it's not just a matter of time before he finds her at the restaurant? Probably figured out where she lives and followed her.

Did it ever occur to Sophie to, I dunno, call 911? What was she going to do if her mom hadn't conveniently shown up at just the right moment? (Did they actually say what was wrong with him? I'm guessing appendicitis because of the way he was clutching his belly, but...) (And I know we could have a whole discussion about health care and the cost of an ambulance and all that, but people on TV never call 911 when it's obvious that they should. They let the person suffer until someone happens along to save them, or drive to the hospital while having a heart attack or bleeding from an open wound or some other such stupidity.)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Did it ever occur to Sophie to, I dunno, call 911? What was she going to do if her mom hadn't conveniently shown up at just the right moment? (Did they actually say what was wrong with him? I'm guessing appendicitis because of the way he was clutching his belly, but...

That's what I was wondering! Sophie should have dialled 911 when he was clutching his stomach in pain. But I also don't know how long Sophie was at his place. 

Also, yes, Delilah said at some  point that it was appendicitis. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Sophie, please don’t lose your virginity to this moron. Mistaking grapes for blueberries (???), not realizing he was having a serious medical issue, thinking green and red jello tastes the same. Is he...okay?

LOL! Hospital red and green jello might very well taste the same. It’s not like they serve Top brands! When my mom was in for several  weeks, we sampled her food and it was very bland to say the least.

Did Regina and Rome know baby daddy was white? 
The brochure from some school was interesting, let’s see if it had any meaning.

I leaning towards a baby scam. I hope they don’t get a baby, Rome is so annoying with his constant attempts to be funny and mugging for the camera.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Did Regina and Rome know baby daddy was white? 
The brochure from some school was interesting, let’s see if it had any meaning.

I don't think so; the audience would have suspected sooner if it had been mentioned.

(Though I suspected as soon as he inserted himself into Rome's conversation with his dad. He just came off as sketchy.)

I missed that; who had a school brochure?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I don't think so; the audience would have suspected sooner if it had been mentioned.

(Though I suspected as soon as he inserted himself into Rome's conversation with his dad. He just came off as sketchy.)

I missed that; who had a school brochure?

Eve, it was in her tote bag, Regina saw it and asked about it. 
The white baby daddy twist is interesting, considering Regina feeling out of place as mixed race with a white mom growing up. 

I thought Reginas restaurant was supposed to be kind of upscale, Gary acts like its a Starbucks. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 8

Worst episode so far for me.  The Gary/Maggie stuff was just boring.  I thought Rome and his dad were the best part of the episode.  Again where was Charlie and Danny??  Maybe it was Danny or his young boyfriend's joints and he was out getting high.    Delilah's shock when Sophie said one of her friend's was on birth control only shows she has no idea what is going on in a/her teenage daughter's life.  She is too busy worrying about Gary and Maggie.  Hope it gets better for the few episodes we probably have left.   Oh Dakota/Eddie storyline boring too!

• Love 2

The one thing I liked from the Dakota/Eddie storyline this week is that she really thought she was going to get to make an album exactly the way she wanted it with absolutely no input/criticism/feedback from the label and had a hissy fit when the money guy started suggesting changes.

Eddie, on the other hand, knows how this works. At the very least, you don't mouth off to the record execs before you've even released a single. You smile and say, "We'll play around with that," and at least give the appearance of listening to their suggestions.

Knowing how to play the game doesn't make him a sell out though. Unless you want to keep making youtube videos on your own, this is all part of the process when you get signed to a label. Sure, they think you're talented but the real reason you're here is because they think they can make money selling your music and they are providing resources like a professional recording studio, collaborators like Eddie to write with you, producers, sound engineers, etc. that you probably can't afford on your own.

I'm not saying that means you have to acquiesce to EVERYTHING they want, but it's a business. They didn't sign you you out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't think Dakota had an inkling of any of that and this was a much-needed wake up call. Most unknown artists aren't given the freedom to record whatever they want without any feedback from the label. They haven't proven themselves yet so the label is going to keep an eye on what they're doing to make sure that their music is commercially successful.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

That's when I suspected too. It took me that long because I thought when he came in that he was Maggie's date. I was confused for a minute.

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Delilah's shock when Sophie said one of her friend's was on birth control only shows she has no idea what is going on in a/her teenage daughter's life.  She is too busy worrying about Gary and Maggie.  Hope it gets better for the few episodes we probably have left.   Oh Dakota/Eddie storyline boring too!

To be fair to Delilah (and I really, really hate being fair to Delilah), how many parents would know that one of their kids' friends was on birth control? I mean, other than having your kid tell you up front, how else are you going to know? Spy on them? Teenagers keep secrets like they're with the CIA. I had no expectations that my teenagers would reveal any of this to me, and they didn't. But I'd given them a lot of sex education so that they would be prepared to take care of themselves - as my mother did with me.

I did actually tell my parents I was using birth control, more because a friend of mine was actively hiding her pills from her mom, and I thought that would be irritating and stupid.  I used the same excuse Sophie did - nothing happening, just want to be prepared. In my case, that was a partial lie. Yep, wanted to be prepared, but it was because something was indeed happening.

• Love 8

I don't think birth parents are setting up Regina and Rome (or maybe they are but dad is the one pushing it and mom changes her mind about trying to fleece them) but they are totally not getting that baby.  Eve is going to get set up with school and a place and keep her baby.  Then Regina and Rome are either going to deicde to adopt an older child or they are going to decide not to adopt but help the community in other ways like Regina through that group she supports only to find out Regina is pregnant.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rome's film will end up being about the lives of all of his friends with some fake ass names, like Larry for Gary, Saskatchewan for Regina, Freddie for Eddie, and Plain White Tees for Delilah.

Would love this!

Jesus, there was a lot of shit going down at that restaurant. You'd think that was the only eating establishment in Boston.

I am annoyed to death with Gary and Maggie. I have no love for her and can't stand him when he's in her orbit.

Nice to see D mothering for a change.

I don't know what to think about where the Eve storyline is going. Hope that neither she nor the baby are harmed by babydaddy.

Don't care about Dakota. I hope that this is nothing more than Eddie mentoring her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

To be fair to Delilah (and I really, really hate being fair to Delilah), how many parents would know that one of their kids' friends was on birth control?

Well I wouldn't expect for her to know who, but most parents today must know that  a lot teenagers are active.   This is just my opinion of course.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

That's when I suspected too. It took me that long because I thought when he came in that he was Maggie's date. I was confused for a minute.

I wouldn't have surprised me to find out that he was Maggie's "date", if only that he thought that plan up as a means of getting into the restaurant and close to Eve.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, lizajane said:

I don't know what to think about where the Eve storyline is going. Hope that neither she nor the baby are harmed by babydaddy.

I really thought the babydaddy was going to pull a gun on either Rome or Regina and Eve. Regardless, I agree with everyone this is not going to end with Rome and Regina getting Eve's baby. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yay, no Theo.

Maggie is less annoying when she’s not digging Gary.

Funny that Maggie has only been around the group since Jon died and yet since her breakup with Gary, instead of avoiding places she’s likely run into him, she decides to meet a new guy at Regina’s restaurant.  And as an aside, she has a very weirdly shaped head. It’s like she has an enormous egg on her shoulders. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Rome's stuff was marginally decent, but I think I'm just tired with a character on so many of these shows being a film-maker, especially since I predict that this is all going to turn meta and Rome's film will end up being about the lives of all of his friends with some fake ass names, like Larry for Gary, Saskatchewan for Regina, Freddie for Eddie, and Plain White Tees for Delilah.

I feel like any TV show where a character is a writer has the character write about their life. I guess it is to be meta, but I find it so odd that writers would want to portray writers as so un-creative.

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Why is Sophie messing around with Blueberry Boy - didn’t it turn out that other kid was not her brother and perfectly okay for her to kiss?

Did Sophie ever learn that was why PJ rejected her? She just knew he pulled away horrified when she kissed him. She probably never wanted to see him again after that.  I don't think he ever came back and said, "hey, I thought you were my sister, but now I know it's not incest to kiss you. Let's go out!"

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I feel like any TV show where a character is a writer has the character write about their life. I guess it is to be meta, but I find it so odd that writers would want to portray writers as so un-creative.

Did Sophie ever learn that was why PJ rejected her? She just knew he pulled away horrified when she kissed him. She probably never wanted to see him again after that.  I don't think he ever came back and said, "hey, I thought you were my sister, but now I know it's not incest to kiss you. Let's go out!"

PJ has disappeared from the show and from Rome’s life apparently. And Rome,  Regina and the others don’t even mention him. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, iwasish said:

PJ has disappeared from the show and from Rome’s life apparently. And Rome,  Regina and the others don’t even mention him. 

This is so typical for this show.  They just introduce characters and then abruptly end their storyline.   I thought he was John’s kid?  Wasn’t that what the DNA test came back as?  I just have fallen asleep during an episode.  Did he ever get the $$?  

Garry working in the restaurant was just so stupid.   And Maggie meeting her date there?  With all of her exes friends there?   Get a life Maggie! 

And I’m wondering if maybe they won’t want a mixed race baby if Regina had so many issues growing up as a mixed race person.   Also, don’t understand why they want to adopt.  Tons of people that can’t have babies wait years to get a baby.  What are they accomplishing by adopting if they can have their own baby?  I can see trying to “save the world“ by adopting an older child but what benefit are they providing by adopting a baby? 

Did Delilah really want to want to walk into Sophie and her boyfriend having sex?   Ewwww! 

I'm almost over the show. Really don't like any of them except for Katherine.

Gary is so exhausting and not even amusing anymore.

I don't think Dakota is a real talent and could care less about her and her attitude.

I'm not even fond of the baby story - saw disaster from the start when they got so involved.

• Love 5

Gary was really unlikable in this episode.  He kept making snide remarks to Maggie throughout the show, going so far as to say that he hoped her date would go badly and he could witness it.  I didn't like the way he was kind of making fun of the poor guy whose file he was reviewing, either..

I can't see the show having a woman who accused someone of domestic abuse be revealed to have made it all up.  Eve's behavior was kind of strange at the end, though.  Isn't she supposed to be working at the restaurant?  Can she just walk out like that?  If nothing else, I guess she's learned from the gang not to take your job seriously!

Edited by mikem
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

This is so typical for this show.  They just introduce characters and then abruptly end their storyline.   I thought he was John’s kid?  Wasn’t that what the DNA test came back as?  I just have fallen asleep during an episode.  Did he ever get the $$?  

Garry working in the restaurant was just so stupid.   And Maggie meeting her date there?  With all of her exes friends there?   Get a life Maggie! 

And I’m wondering if maybe they won’t want a mixed race baby if Regina had so many issues growing up as a mixed race person.   Also, don’t understand why they want to adopt.  Tons of people that can’t have babies wait years to get a baby.  What are they accomplishing by adopting if they can have their own baby?  I can see trying to “save the world“ by adopting an older child but what benefit are they providing by adopting a baby? 

Did Delilah really want to want to walk into Sophie and her boyfriend having sex?   Ewwww! 

I thought the idea of an older child was that Regina had just started the restaurant and Rome was changing his career direction from commercial director  to writing movies.  My guess is they’re  going to be victims of a scam adoption or it falls thru somehow but VOILA!!!  Regina  ends up pregnant. 
Are we supposed to believe abusive boyfriend who followed Eve and “seems”  surprised and excited about a baby Is going to quickly sign over his parental rights and thereby most likely lose Eve? And if he is stalking her, why is he driving a very distinctive car? Wouldn’t he rent an inconspicuous sedan? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Katie111 said:
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

No, PJ is not Jon’s son. I’ve already forgotten most of the specifics from those episodes but DNA test proved he was the son of John’s friend who died on 9-11. The sweater they sent for testing actually belonged to PJ’s dad and not Jon. 

Edited by srpturtle80
Apologies if I screwed up the quote function, I’m half asleep lol
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

Funny that Maggie has only been around the group since Jon died and yet since her breakup with Gary, instead of avoiding places she’s likely run into him, she decides to meet a new guy at Regina’s restaurant.  And as an aside, she has a very weirdly shaped head. It’s like she has an enormous egg on her shoulders. 

I commented on that last episode. I think it’s a wig with all her hair bunched up under it at the crown. Her head looked equally weird (but rounder) last season when she had an obvious bald cap on.

I was surprised the guy turned out to be Eve’s baby daddy. I thought he’d be Larry after all with some sort of mixup. And after Rome’s meeting with the movie star (whose name I forget), and Regina saying it would show up on the internet, I figured Baby Daddy would see it, spot Eve in the background, and show up in next week’s episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I have taken to watching this show on fast forward. These are ridiculous people and the writing is laughable. What happened to Ashley? What about Jon’s finances? Delilah is suddenly financially ok?  Katherine is a lawyer who specializes in everything. Whatever the issue, just call Katherine. I honestly only keep up on this to enjoy the forum snark afterwards. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

And after Rome’s meeting with the movie star (whose name I forget), and Regina saying it would show up on the internet, I figured Baby Daddy would see it, spot Eve in the background, and show up in next week’s episode.

I was thinking the same thing!

5 minutes ago, Seelouis said:

I have taken to watching this show on fast forward. These are ridiculous people and the writing is laughable. What happened to Ashley? What about Jon’s finances? Delilah is suddenly financially ok?  Katherine is a lawyer who specializes in everything. Whatever the issue, just call Katherine. I honestly only keep up on this to enjoy the forum snark afterwards. 

I guess Ashley went to Barcelona and decided to stay...

I commented last week on the Katherine-does-all-types-of-law thing. So dumb. Still waiting for her to get fired because she spends all her time doing pro bono work for her friends.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:57 AM, ams1001 said:

Do these people ever go one day without all congregating in the same place? Everyone was at the restaurant except Eddie and Katherine.

And why is Gary taking up a table to do work? That's the kind of thing you expect at a coffee shop, not a nice restaurant. (On the other hand, at least he's working....)

yeah, really?  how realistic that they would all decide to do their thing at the restaurant at the same time? 

and, gary, maybe if he was actually ordering a meal to support the restaurant and stayed there working while he ate, but did not look like that was the plan

an episode without katherine is a waste of time for me - I don't care about any of the other characters at all

On 2/28/2020 at 8:23 AM, Lady Calypso said:

As for the Delilah/Sophie stuff...ok, I'm going to admit something I didn't think I would, but this was Delilah's best episode ever. I think there's a few reasons why I didn't hate it. First of all, Delilah actually does the parenting! She doesn't run to Gary to solve her problem, but she deals with it herself! This is the first time she's taken charge with her kids! And also, she actually takes responsibility for her actions with the affair! Woohoo! And finally, we also hear HER point of view about the affair, which we haven't heard from her at ANY point. 

well, but I think Delilah made it sound like this was a one night stand, not a prolonged involvement with that planned escape with her loverboy that just got foiled by hubby's suicide

20 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I was surprised the guy turned out to be Eve’s baby daddy. I thought he’d be Larry after all with some sort of mixup. And after Rome’s meeting with the movie star (whose name I forget), and Regina saying it would show up on the internet, I figured Baby Daddy would see it, spot Eve in the background, and show up in next week’s episode.

wow...…….this would have made much more sense to me

you would be a much better writer for this show than whoever is trying to do it and doing pretty poorly

• Love 5
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

well, but I think Delilah made it sound like this was a one night stand, not a prolonged involvement with that planned escape with her loverboy that just got foiled by hubby's suicide

I thought so as soon as she said it, but she will never tell her that. She'd have to over hear them and I don't think they want people remembering the beginning.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:23 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So, it was a good Delilah episode, and I was surprised with how ok I was with her conversation with Sophie. Now, granted, the storyline was still moronic, in terms of Sophie's dumbass older boyfriend and how Delilah decided to just show up at his place without trying to call Sophie first...but ultimately, I didn't hate Delilah/Sophie's storyline. Granted, I think what helped was that every single other storyline, except for maybe Rome's father's storyline, was horrifically worse compared to Delilah and Sophie's storyline, but I also think that it was a good Delilah episode in general.

I agree. I really liked the Delilah/Sophie stuff a lot. 

The final scene with Rome and his father was sweet. I'm glad it finally dawned on Rome that his dad is still hurting.

I enjoyed the "celebrity in the house" scenes, they were fun.

Gary and Maggie, ugh. Please show, do not drag this out. 

Loved seeing Eddie in his element, and I'm warming up to Dakota/Christine.

I was not into the Eve/baby storyline until the final scene. I'm curious where they are going with this.

And hey, they showed everyone but Katherine and Maggie working for pretty much the whole episode. That should tide folks over for a while. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

*Sigh* I hate that I cant even enjoy Colin scenes the way I used to, knowing that he has been dognapped by Gary and Maggie. 

I have no idea why Maggie would decide to take a date to the place where all of her friends, including her ex, always seem to be hanging out, no matter the time of day. Does she get a discount? I am so not excited to watch Gary and Maggie pine for each other with neither of them just having an honest conversation for the rest of the season. Gary apparently sitting around hoping for Maggie to have a bad time seemed pretty dickish, and him not just telling her he sent the bottle (or having Regina tell her) just seems to exist to keep the drama going for longer. 

The stuff with Romes dad was alright, even if it did end up getting sucked into the abusive baby daddy story. Interesting that the baby is mixed race, considering Regina has all that biracial angst. Maybe that could help her relate to the baby more? I am guessing that the story will end with the abusive boyfriend being arrested, and maybe Eve gives birth early due to stress or something, and she decides to keep the baby. 

Dakota is pretty whiny, while her singing is pretty good, so I am not super into her story (do we need MORE characters?!) but now that they seem to be steering far away from Eddie having an affair with her, I do like seeming him actually do work. He wasnt wrong that you need take notes and work a bit more on your music if you want to succeed, but you dont have to be a total pushover to the point where you dont even know your work, you have to presumably find a sweet spot in between. 

I actually liked the Delilah and Sophie part alright! It actually showed Delilah being a good parent instead of just telling us over and over what an awesome parent Delilah is. I do question that Sophie apparently didnt just think to call 911 when her boyfriend was clearly sick and in pain and holding his stomach without her mom telling her to do so...

• Love 5
17 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

It actually showed Delilah being a good parent

Except for the racing over to the guy's apartment part. That was just delusional.

I enjoyed Eddie's facts of business talk with Dakota. Well written. Usually we get all of the artist characters complaining that they can't do their art.

Rome's storyline with his dad was nice EXCEPT for him running out on the movie star. Just because you realize your dad is hurting, does not mean you have to remedy that RIGHT THIS MINUTE. Rome went from being upset that his father was interrupting his business meeting to dumping the meeting to talk with his father for all of 5 minutes.

I too was confused, thinking that abusive boyfriend was Maggie's date. At least the show finally acknowledged that Rome and Regina would need him to renounce his parental rights for them to adopt. If they do get the baby, I don't think it being bi-racial will upset Regina too much -- some of her angst was due to her mother not understanding the issue. The baby won't experience that.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, smartymarty said:

If they do get the baby, I don't think it being bi-racial will upset Regina too much -- some of her angst was due to her mother not understanding the issue. The baby won't experience that.

That was my thought too. From what I remember, Regina's problem was more due to being the only black child in a mostly white environment, with a mother who was white and didn't really acknowledge there was an issue at all.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, smartymarty said:

If they do get the baby, I don't think it being bi-racial will upset Regina too much -- some of her angst was due to her mother not understanding the issue. The baby won't experience that.

2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

That was my thought too. From what I remember, Regina's problem was more due to being the only black child in a mostly white environment, with a mother who was white and didn't really acknowledge there was an issue at all.

Also, the baby would likely look more like Rome and Regina than Regina looks like her own mother. People almost certainly aren't going to assume they're not his/her parents just by looking at them.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, LucyEth said:

Worst episode so far for me.  The Gary/Maggie stuff was just boring.  I thought Rome and his dad were the best part of the episode.  Again where was Charlie and Danny??  Maybe it was Danny or his young boyfriend's joints and he was out getting high.    Delilah's shock when Sophie said one of her friend's was on birth control only shows she has no idea what is going on in a/her teenage daughter's life.  She is too busy worrying about Gary and Maggie.  Hope it gets better for the few episodes we probably have left.   Oh Dakota/Eddie storyline boring too!

Any mother who is surprised to hear her 16 year old daughter knows another kid her age who is sexually active is not a very good parent.

I was a totally nerdy goody two shoes science geek when I was 16 and even I had friends who were sexually active and on birth control. And that was 45 years ago! It is not news that some kids in their mid teens are having sex nor that their friends know about it.

• Love 8