Type keyword(s) to search

Geoffrey and Varya: Russian Roulette

• Start Topic

Geoffrey, 41 (Knoxville, Tennessee) and Varya, 30 (Russia)

Following the tragic loss of his son and the end of his second marriage, Geoffrey felt hopeless. However, after he met Varya on a dating site, and the two bonded over the love for adventure, he thought he met his perfect match. However, Geoffrey wants to fly to Russia and prove to Varya’s family that he is worthy of her love.

Not only does this psychopath have a catalog of IMDB credits, mostly for Investigation Discovery shows, he has a large, extensive, criminal history including violence. There are articles all over the place, from Fox News to the local Knoxville Newspaper (the show says he lives in Nashville, but he lives in Knoxville) but I'm linking the Starcasm article since they broke the news originally.

I believe TLC is taking the position that the alleged incident took place after he had completed filming, but they still ignored the previous domestic violence claims, which included locking his girlfriend in her home while she was in labor and had no access to food, water, or a telephone to call for help. 

It's not possible for me to consider him innocent until proven guilty because the facts of the assault are so egregious and his defense included him insisting he didn't rape her, like everything else was okay. He comes across as a hothead, which certainly doesn't help. Hopefully, the backlash will result in them only showing him in a few episodes. It was rumored that Angela was supposed to be dispersed in more episodes but they pushed them back because of the heat they were taking for keeping her abusive ass on the show; she didn't come across as funny like they seemed to expect.

Edit: That Starcasm article has links to more of his criminal history then I remembered, so I'm not going to try and add it here. He's a legit psychopath.

Edited by Christina
Added paragraph.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

When they were showing his segment, I told Mini Persnickety that he looked like Jax Taylor's (Vanderpump Rules) hot brother.  We were wondering what inherent character flaw he must have if he were this handsome and charming, yet didn't have the local women lined up to date him.  

Now we know why.  

Thanks for posting that, @Christina.  

• Love 7
On 2/19/2020 at 2:27 PM, iwasish said:

How will he get a K1 visa approved? He’s going to bring a defenseless foreign woman here? She’ll be totally dependent on him. And totally vulnerable to his violence. 

I can't see it getting approved even with a co-signer. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Angry Moldovan said:

This guy is not good news at all, and I think he should be pulled. I guess he does expose the wolf in sheep’s clothing type of psychopath 

All of the podcasters that I listen to (90 days Gay, Fraudcaster, 90 days Cray Cray) all will not be discussing this dude or his segments. 

• Love 13

In light of his IMDB credits and his criminal record, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he never had any intention of bringing this chick over. 

I think they're in cahoots, she to promote her career in Russia and him to garner more public attention to build his IMDB credits (which ironically appear to consist mostly of appearing in true crime programs on ID Discovery and other assorted true crime reenactments).

At this point, I'm not going to bother to comment on his segments in the episode threads.  I think he's a monster likely capable of having ID Discovery episodes about him rather than him just playing a character in them.  

I agree that TLC should just buy him out of his contract and pull him from the season.  

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think he's a monster likely capable of having ID Discovery episodes about him rather than him just playing a character in them.  

"The Geoffrey Paschel Story" starring Geoffrey Paschel.  That should save ID Discovery some money.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 2/19/2020 at 7:43 AM, Persnickety1 said:

When they were showing his segment, I told Mini Persnickety that he looked like Jax Taylor's (Vanderpump Rules) hot brother.  We were wondering what inherent character flaw he must have if he were this handsome and charming, yet didn't have the local women lined up to date him. 

I think he looks like a brunet leveled-up Paul Staehle: better shape, better looking, and more abusive and manipulative towards women.

‐--------------------------------------------------------

Jax was legitimately attractive enough to work as a real model in his heyday. This was after he played hockey at a Division 1 school for a year (he actually went to a community college that didn't have a hockey team for 1 semester), spent 4 years in the Navy working with the Navy Seals (he was in the Navy for 37 days assigned to the kitchen), and was roommates Channing Tatum (it was in a model apartment). Even though I'm clowning Jax, he was a mactor (model/actor).

• Love 3
On 2/18/2020 at 8:54 PM, Christina said:

Not only does this psychopath have a catalog of IMDB credits, mostly for Investigation Discovery shows, he has a large, extensive, criminal history including violence.

Ack!!! Maybe that's why he looks familiar;  I watch way too many ID shows.   I don't like that they have someone with a criminal history on the show. 

• Love 5
On 2/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, iwasish said:

How will he get a K1 visa approved? He’s going to bring a defenseless foreign woman here? She’ll be totally dependent on him. And totally vulnerable to his violence. 

More importantly, it seems he is still married to his (if I read correctly) fourth wife, Brittany, who fled to Canada. 

Is this woman appearing as his ex girlfriend, the same woman who filed a protective order against him?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

oh my word you guys! Here I was thinking he seemed so good looking, and had such a sad story. I thought he was the normal one on the cast. I did think it was strange the showing of his friend/also nice looking and seemingly normal and regular who is giving advice and asking why they didn't work out. I just dismissed that as everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and TLC drama directing. 

Oh my oh my oh my. (and yes on another forum I frequent, several have said he reminded them of Pole.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, greekmom said:

All of the podcasters that I listen to (90 days Gay, Fraudcaster, 90 days Cray Cray) all will not be discussing this dude or his segments. 

I just read his rap sheet and it’s horrific. I have nothing else to say about this red neck, I will use his segments for bathroom breaks. Pity, because the Russian girl looked interesting but I ain’t got time for the hill billy rapist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

oh my word you guys! Here I was thinking he seemed so good looking, and had such a sad story. I thought he was the normal one on the cast. I did think it was strange the showing of his friend/also nice looking and seemingly normal and regular who is giving advice and asking why they didn't work out. I just dismissed that as everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and TLC drama directing. 

Oh my oh my oh my. (and yes on another forum I frequent, several have said he reminded them of Pole.

I thought Paul right away! 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Christina said:

The women falling all over him on this post is sickening to me.

LOL, when people respond with things like  "oh, I'd like to explain, but I can't" or "you got it all wrong, but I can't get into specifics" it generally means they are full of shit and the story is EXACTLY how you heard it and there is no fake news or alternative facts.  

As for women falling all over him.....part and parcel of this show.....how many women threw themselves at Mo, knowing full well he was a scam artist. 

Allegedly, women throw panties and Jesse on the streets of Amsterdam according to his sprockets stepdad. 

There is no reason he cannot clear up his past, that wouldn't be subject to a NDA from a production company.  There is no evidence of a gag order and that would generally apply to the victim not talking prior to a verdict.  

But he likely doesn't want to talk about because he knows that he would lie and people would find out.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7

My 8yo had bowel surgery yesterday so we watched the preview of episode 2 to entertain ourselves (it sort of fit). 

Geoffrey: Varya's not like any of the other girls I've dated...

Because she hasn't filed a restraining order on you yet?

Geoffrey: What if we don't have chemistry? What if we don't like each other?

What if Russia's laws on domestic violence are stricter?

Geoffrey: I have not been completely honest with Varya about my past...

She only knows about 7 of the charges and nothing of the dead bodies piled in the basement...

Geoffrey: I'm not proud of my past...

But seem to have zero trouble repeating it over and over again. 

Geoffrey: But it IS my past and I have to accept it and I'm hoping she will...

Especially since she'll be waiting around the house alone for approximately 5-10 (3 for good behavior, more if they actually DO find the dead bodies)...

Geoffrey: The biggest thing I've put on the line is my heart...

And maybe some future bond money...

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My 8yo had bowel surgery yesterday so we watched the preview of episode 2 to entertain ourselves (it sort of fit). 

Geoffrey: Varya's not like any of the other girls I've dated...

Because she hasn't filed a restraining order on you yet?

Geoffrey: What if we don't have chemistry? What if we don't like each other?

What if Russia's laws on domestic violence are stricter?

Geoffrey: I have not been completely honest with Varya about my past...

She only knows about 7 of the charges and nothing of the dead bodies piled in the basement...

Geoffrey: I'm not proud of my past...

But seem to have zero trouble repeating it over and over again. 

Geoffrey: But it IS my past and I have to accept it and I'm hoping she will...

Especially since she'll be waiting around the house alone for approximately 5-10 (3 for good behavior, more if they actually DO find the dead bodies)...

Geoffrey: The biggest thing I've put on the line is my heart...

And maybe some future bond money...

Geoffrey is nothing more than indle king with a nicer body and a better face.  

• Love 5

First of all IF this latest assault happened after filming, why wasn’t this psycho pulled from the show?

Secondly, why was his rap sheet before this recent assault overlooked to begin with? 

And finally, even if TLC overlooked his complete past and current criminal record, how was anyone expecting a guy who is STILL MARRIED to sponsor someone on a K1 visa? 

There was a guy who murdered a girlfriend post production on a VH1 reality show (Megan wants a millionaire, or something like that). VH1 not only pulled the entire series, they pulled the entire lineup of their love... shows. 

This guy has a criminal record that shows the type of escalating violence that could end up in the same way. Women getting beat up and raped, fleeing the country to get away from this guy? This is the ultimate new low for TLC to continue to show him at all. It should be pulled immediately. Then lock this guy up and throw away the key. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And what happened with Ryan on Megan's show literally changed the way reality TV was presented forevermore. We will never see that season of I Love Money or the rest of Megan Wants a Millionaire. And this was Vh1-a channel that had a dating show for Flavor Flav and Bret Michaels. If they can take that shit seriously then TLC sure as hell can. They ought to delete all his scenes and then cut off Sharp for either not doing their due diligence or not caring. 

People will absolutely lose their shit when two gorgeous middle-aged women dance a sexy choreographed number at a half time show or try to sue a channel for a"wardrobe malfunction" but having a repeat domestic violence offender possibly fish for his next victim is perfectly fine...

I wish I could like this a million times. Very, very well put.

• Love 8

I like @Frozendiva s title idea.  

Minor note - but the minute I saw how his kids names were spelled I would have investigated further. 

I can forgive the destruction to the police car, we've all seen people kick the door on COPS.  But there is no excuse for those kidnapping charges and assault charges and him playing coy about it convinces me that everything said is true.  

If there was a clear and simple explanation he would give it.  There is not a gag order in this case, so he can talk about it.  He just doesn't want to because he knows that if he lies it'll be picked apart and the truth is that he did all this.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

What the actual fuck? How is he even allowed to get on a plane? Varya needs to stay away from him, he is a bad guy and she will be completely isolated if she moves to the US. I am afraid for her.

If I were Varya and I found out that the producers knew about his past when they flew him over to Russia then I'd be PISSED. That's almost like endangering her life. But the I guess she was lucky to have a film crew with her.

• Love 11

Imagine using a prison sentence for drugs as a way to minimize your criminal background.

The length of the sentence suggests he was selling.   

His sons seem more balanced than he is.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

Imagine using a prison sentence for drugs as a way to minimize your criminal background.

The suspension is out on my car and it's still more balanced than him.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

He made some comment about poverty so that would support selling.

I cannot find where I rad it, because it was most likely Reddit and there are too many subreddits and too many threads for this show, but after the podcasters said they were going to skip this couple's story, Varya wrote a long email to one of them, 90 Day Cray Cray, I think, telling them it was unfair because they only have one side of the story and he can't tell his. 

I don't know how much of his past she knows, but really hope it was before everything was released and she was able to think it was just a minor pushing and shoving thing as opposed to the pure violent actions against several women.

All because I want to like her, and Big Ed and Yolanda are failures. I cannot root for her if she is defending his actions.

It was also suggested that the initial backlash resulted in them front loading his story, so that it will be over by week four, which happens to be right before his hearing on the latest DV. I know better than to get my hopes up, though.

• Love 4

That description is really bad but all he was actually convicted of was selling drugs? I just skimmed it so I might have missed something. He wouldn't be the first felon to star on this show. I wonder how much of the allegations Varya read before she agreed to do the show?

And who liked her canary yellow, double-breasted pantsuit?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

That description is really bad but all he was actually convicted of was selling drugs? I just skimmed it so I might have missed something. He wouldn't be the first felon to star on this show. I wonder how much of the allegations Varya read before she agreed to do the show?

And who liked her canary yellow, double-breasted pantsuit?

Conviction is the standard of proof needed to take away someone's freedom. The standard of proof needed to not cast on a TV show is much lower. 

Edited by Evangeline
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, mamadrama said:

The suspension is out on my car and it's still more balanced than him.

A few weeks ago my car broke down on the way home from work, had a torn axel and was hauled away on a flatbed, needed $3000 worth of repairs and on that day?  My car was more balanced than him.

Note:  I was not hurt, nor was anyone else hurt.  Except my hubby's checking account.  (He bought me the car and said he would pay for repairs!!  😊)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A few weeks ago my car broke down on the way home from work, had a torn axel and was hauled away on a flatbed, needed $3000 worth of repairs and on that day?  My car was more balanced than him.

Note:  I was not hurt, nor was anyone else hurt.  Except my hubby's checking account.  (He bought me the car and said he would pay for repairs!!  😊)

Wow I needed a new alternator and battery and thought $1400 was bad.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Wow I needed a new alternator and battery and thought $1400 was bad.

Yes, and what funny (in it's own way) was we had an appointment at this place for a problem with the blinker.  They ended up fixing that for free, lol!!   There a couple of things wrong with the poor girl, too.  And then it needed a new battery, too!!  I was like, can we please catch a break?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What was the little boy’s cause of death?

How in the world could he be issued a visa for international travel with that rap sheet?

He said he had seizures.  Per your second question:  Good question!!

• Love 3