Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E01: Greatest of the Greats

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Twenty previous winners of Survivor begin their battle for $2 million with a classic challenge to ring in their first immunity win. An all-new twist involving fire tokens is revealed.

• Love 1

Bleh. What a waste to bring Amber back just to have her voted out this early.

Very interesting to see how my rooting interests have changed. I'm liking Parvati more than Sandra, for god's sake. What is happening?! Sandra and Tony lecturing Amber on how you have to keep on top of things was kind of annoying.

So who’s watching Rob and Amber’s kids?

I don’t even know if she was asked, but I really wish first Natalie was back, so she could have the opportunity to win twice, and Russell Hantz’s head would explode.

Oh no not Natalie you fucking fuckers.  Michelle and Adam were sitting RIGHT THERE.

I want to have a conversation with Yul so bad.  I don’t even care what it’s about.

Hate both first boots WTF.  I hope Amber also gets an immunity idol that she can gift to anyone, not just a loser. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I could do without Ben and Tyson. Ambuh was a no brainer. Still pissed that Natalie gave the idol to Sandra and she was so sure of her game that she didn’t even play it😡

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, cleo said:

That was great but ironically I'm not into Rob and Sandra being at 'war'. Amber got voted out, that's how the game works. Grow up. 

In my opinion, Sandra could stand to grow up herself if she's so bitter that Rob didn't tell her he was playing again.

I didn't love the editing of the first boot. It sort of came out of left field. I guess they're going for "surprise" this year (and by "surprise," they mean "we won't give you any real hints as to who the boot will be.")

For how long Yul hasn't been in the game (and seemingly off social media), I'm so impressed that he knew about the poker alliance.

Rob and Jeremy put that tribe on their backs. My god, the rest of them were beyond useless.

Adam ......... 'nuff said.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

I love the old school alliance of Parvati, Rob, Danni and Ethan. I hope they can last for awhile.

Rob and Parvati working together to sweep through the newbies was something I didn't know I wanted until tonight.

Well....I wasn't pleased with the first two boots. Just because I like Natalie and Amber deserved more of a chance to play. I was rooting for the old schoolers who haven't played in a while to be able to really play (Amber, Yul, Ethan, Danni, even Kim, to be precise).

Sandra gets gifted an immunity idol from Natalie? Is that correct? If so, WTF, Natalie? Sandra doesn't need an immunity idol...like, at all. 

Tyson and Ben can go at any time. I don't really want either to stick around. Ben's an idiot and...I dunno, I don't really like Tyson. 

Well...at least Adam helped to get the target off of his back, but I assume that, with so much time to discuss a first boot, the target would have changed eventually. 

That being said, the first target not being Rob or Parvati was dumb. Blue tribe, what are you doing? Red tribe was even smarter when looking at connections within the game. Yes, Natalie/Jeremy were certainly a duo (apparently, not a tight enough one for Natalie to gift Jeremy an immunity idol though)...but you gotta also think LONG-TERM. 

So glad for Yul to be seemingly flying under the radar. I'm rooting for him. I haven't seen Ethan's season, but I'm rooting for him. I'm also...surprisingly rooting for Sophie and Nick? 

Rob is, once again, a powerhouse in challenges. So is Jeremy...but Ethan also came up with the strategy to get Jeremy over the log, so...props to him.

I AM game to see Rob/Parvati last long in the game, even if I am yelling at my TV for these people to get them out. So...I'm of two minds. 

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, mojoween said:

So who’s watching Rob and Amber’s kids?

Amber said in one of her interviews that the kids were getting spoiled by their grandparents.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I didn't love the editing of the first boot. It sort of came out of left field. I guess they're going for "surprise" this year (and by "surprise," they mean "we won't give you any real hints as to who the boot will be.")

Natalie's exit was telegraphed once Ben told Adam the plan to come for him or Denise and Adam put out that Jeremy and Natalie were a very tight bond. We saw the other players on the tribe discussing the potential Jeremy or Natalie vote. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, Natalie/Jeremy were certainly a duo (apparently, not a tight enough one for Natalie to gift Jeremy an immunity idol though)...but you gotta also think LONG-TERM.

I believe Natalie had to give the idol to a member of the losing tribe, so Jeremy was not an option.

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

That being said, the first target not being Rob or Parvati was dumb. Blue tribe, what are you doing? Red tribe was even smarter when looking at connections within the game. Yes, Natalie/Jeremy were certainly a duo (apparently, not a tight enough one for Natalie to gift Jeremy an immunity idol though)...but you gotta also think LONG-TERM. 

She couldn't. It was stated she had to give the idol to a member of the losing tribe

• Love 4
Just now, LanceM said:

She couldn't. It was stated she had to give the idol to a member of the losing tribe

Just now, tracyscott76 said:

I believe Natalie had to give the idol to a member of the losing tribe, so Jeremy was not an option.

Thanks, guys. I totally missed that part.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, cleo said:

That was great but ironically I'm not into Rob and Sandra being at 'war'. Amber got voted out, that's how the game works. Grow up. 

Except it seems Sandra is the one who started off making it personal, which I'm surprised about. I want to think it's all bullshit from her and she's using that excuse for pure game play, because she wanted Amber out for strategy. 

However, she expressed those feelings in her producer interviews, not with other players. So it comes across as she was genuinely pissed about that. Which makes no sense to me but whatever. Like so what Rob said he wasn't going to play and he did. Okay.. Sandra of all people should be perfectly okay with people lying when it comes to this show. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

but Ethan also came up with the strategy to get Jeremy over the log, so...props to him.

I actually think that was Adam. He told Ethan to hold him up, so he could then help Jeremy over. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yes, Natalie/Jeremy were certainly a duo (apparently, not a tight enough one for Natalie to gift Jeremy an immunity idol though)...but you gotta also think LONG-TERM. 

Natalie could only give the idol to someone on the losing tribe.

7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Jeez Jeff, Amber is only 41. The way he was talking you'd think she was 80 or something. lol

I love the old school alliance of Parvati, Rob, Danni and Ethan. I hope they can last for awhile.

Not me. Parv needs humbled. Rob already has

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Thanks, guys. I totally missed that part.

Well there was a lot going on XD

Also: Tyson? Still not a fan.

I'm liking Nick and Wendell being fairly lowkey as the "new" winners. Ben's not having as much luck with that so far.

I'm so glad to see challenges like this again after last season's boring throw a tiny ball into a mini hoop. Those were so lame. And my Rob always impresses in challenges in the water. He's like a fish, I swear.

So, pretty much two thirds of these players (the new schoolers) I've never seen before. I don't like Tony, Ben or Adam. Kim seemed kind of whiny. And Michelle was blink and you miss her. Sophie seems cool.

Sandra's annoying me in a not good way.

1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Except it seems Sandra is the one who started off making it personal, which I'm surprised about. I want to think it's all bullshit from her and she's using that excuse for pure game play, because she wanted Amber out for strategy. 

However, she expressed those feelings in her producer interviews, not with other players. So it comes across as she was genuinely pissed about that. Which makes no sense to me but whatever. Like so what Rob said he wasn't going to play and he did. Okay.. Sandra of all people should be perfectly okay with people lying when it comes to this show. 

They had a panel where Rob basically had to apologize to Sandra and tell her he didn't mean it personally. She flat out said she was hurt. Um, what? You're kidding, Sandra, right? First of all, who cares if he told you or not and second, it's Survivor. You of all people should know that.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm going to assume any of the four grandparents the kids have or even the uncles and aunts? They're only gone for a little over a month. 

And their complete bemusement over it working and that the others seriously weren't coming for them instead, which is obviously what they should have been doing. 

Which is why Parv needs humbled I cant stand her arrogant smirk face. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I actually think that was Adam. He told Ethan to hold him up, so he could then help Jeremy over. 

The part was confusing because I thought it was Adam reaching over to grab Jeremy but I think Jeff said that it was Ethan on Ben's shoulders? So I was confused and thought I saw wrong.

I don't remember disliking Kim this much before, but I really wanted her to go tonight.  Seriously, Amber was just another way to spell Rob.  I'm really upset because that's the only reason she got voted out, and it's been so long since she last played.  It would have been nice to see her get another shot.  

Ben, Adam, Kim, Tyson can just go in a quadruple boot next week.  Ben, I just can't with the guy.  Seriously, you'd think this was fans vs favorites the way he was acting.  Adam's also a little whinier, and I loved how Probst called Rob a work horse and then mentioned Adam shaking during that challenge.  Yeah, I can't blame the guy, but I'm still glad Probst pointed it out.  Might be hard for some of these winners not to be the host favorite anymore.  You can definitely tell the old and new school split in terms of game play.  The newbies seem to be just waiting around for something to happen.

Yul is all kinds of adorable.  Nerd shield for the win!  And it was great seeing Danni back.  I hope she's in this for the long haul.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Bleh. What a waste to bring Amber back just to have her voted out this early.

I'm not going to get into the debate of how she should have never been on All Stars and her win was all Rob, etc. But for me, that's exactly why I wanted to see her play without him.

Because other than her first season I guess, where she was still so young and the show was still so new, there's no sense of how she could play it on her own. And I really think she could have been someone who developed in the game.

The player who stays in the shadows for the first few tribals and weasels her way into some moves. Not saying she would have won but I definitely think she could have done a lot better had Rob not been there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I'm guessing this is TV games, inspired by production.  Meh.

That is very possible, but it's still not a good look for her.

I’m so bummed about Amber. I loved her during Australia. Loved Rob on Marquises. Was beyond excited about what their day 1 alliance on All Stars turned into. She was one of the ones I wanted to see win this 😫

• Love 10

I'm not going to get into the debate of how she should have never been on All Stars and her win was all Rob, etc. But for me, that's exactly why I wanted to see her play without him.

Because other than her first season I guess, where she was still so young and the show was still so new, there's no sense of how she could play it on her own. And I really think she could have been someone who developed in the game.

The player who stays in the shadows for the first few tribals and weasels her way into some moves. Not saying she would have won but I definitely think she could have done a lot better had Rob not been there. 

In theory I agree,...but what can say, I love Rob so I'm glad he came back, too.

So excited our show is back! Although I can’t believe they’re making us suffer through EoE again. I guess they didn’t  want to risk losing any of the big personalities early but did they not care about how much everyone HATED EoE last time?

Seriously though, watching so many great players (and Ben) all trying to work their magic at the same time was amazing to watch. I’m really excited about this season! And, for once, the “real world” relationships, which would normally annoy me, actually added a really interesting level to the strategy. (I love that Yul is still a total swoon-worthy numbers geek!) So many of my favorites are back and, conveniently, they’re all on the same tribe. I am all about the Yul/Wendell alliance! And you all know how much I love Sandra.  

I don’t care what the situation is or how many other winners are playing, how do you not vote out Boston Rob first?! You know he has magic svengali powers, you need to get him out before he has time to activate them! Not to mention the fact that his wife is also playing. Sure, she’s on the other tribe but what if there’s a tribe swap tomorrow? At least the other tribe was smart enough to vote out Amber. 

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Meh on Sandra. I get that she’s popular and can be funny but she’s played too many times and her act has gotten old. OTOH Parvati is someone who finds new ways to be evil every time she plays and I’m ready for it.

Oh give Sandra time. The way she got rid of JT last time was a thing of BEAUTY.

She'll work some magic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

Seriously though, watching so many great players (and Ben) all trying to work their magic at the same time was amazing to watch.

OK, now I'm starting to feel a little bad for Ben XD But seriously, even he himself said that he was playing like a star-struck numbskull.

Sandra has always been about loyalty. Rob lying to Sandra about not playing would be huge for her. He would have been better off telling her yes but he didn’t want to work with her. She would have respected that.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I haven't seen Ethan's season, but I'm rooting for him.

Me too.  He won season 3 in Africa - Kenya. The episode where they bled the cows and then drank the blood mixed with milk was amazing.

• Love 2

So excited our show is back! Although I can’t believe they making us suffer through EoE again. I guess they didn’t  want to risk losing any of the big personalities early but did they not care about how much everyone HATED EoE last time?

I do believe that I read somewhere that without EoE, half these people wouldn’t be here, because they said they weren’t going to play if they could just be sent right home.  So EoE came back special for this.

• Useful 11
  • Love 6

lmao, normally I would dismiss this but seeing the way Ben just handed over information to Rob on a silver platter and even Danni just giving in when he questioned her, makes me think he really may have some svengali like powers. 

I don't think that was an example of Rob's svengali like powers but more that Danni is smart enough to knowing that lying to him on day one is not a good idea.

Ben on the other hand....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

I do believe that I read somewhere that without EoE, half these people wouldn’t be here, because they said they weren’t going to play if they could just be sent right home.  So EoE came back special for this.

Also in the day of social media it's much harder to hide early boots if they're sent right back home and/or sent to some vacation somewhere.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Yul+Sophie and Rob+Parv were alliances I never thought I wanted and needed but I do! J'adore!

Sophie really fits the Becky Lee (I think her name was) mode of the quiet but steady woman who was Yul's right hand woman last time. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Jeff Probst is the one claims this but in the pre-season interviews there were a bunch of players who just ripped it with Jeremy and Kim being the most vocal.  The ones that did support it were (not surprisingly) the new players like Nick

• Useful 5

Almost too much to unpack with a two hour premier so let's see if I can rattle off some highlights.

The fundamental flaw with this concept is these people are all millionaires so its easier to route AGAINST who you don't want to be further enriched by two more million dollars while the rest of us punch a clock.

Tonight I liked Ethan better than I did in his entire season because he seems so NORMAL in a season filled to the brim with self centered fame whores and control freaks...he's a breath of fresh air.

I've seen every episode of SURVIVOR and half the winners I don't remember, another quarter I never wanted to see again and the last quarter welcome back!

Never got the Twinnie hate and I was beyond thrilled when Nat won her season so it was dissapointing to see her go but you know how it goes...anyone "different" automatically gets a target on their back in episode one so it was no surprise her and Jeremy fell under scrutiny. What was a surprise was they would listen to a twerp/cannon fodder like Adam and get rid of a woman who  performed admirably in the challenge.

People alwyas make a big deal about Amber being Rob's wife but truth here...to me she will  ALWAYS be made for reality TV villain Jerri Manthey's psychopantic henchwoman. To me that is her claim to fame.

The only thing interesting about Kim will be if she is still the most BORING person in the known universe. I consider here season one of the worst because there is absolutly no entertainment value in watching one player never be in danger and leading the others around like a pied piper....it makes for a dull and lifeless season.  Tonight in 10 minutes when she was in danger she showed more animation than she did during the season she won. I would have welcomed her exit.

Tyson also I wanted to go...I don't know if its genius and pathetic when he admited that he's made SURVIVOR  his career for the last 12 years. Nah, I take it back...its pathetic.

Sandra never made it clear whether SHE told Rob she was coming back to play. Both can head back up into the Statler/Waldorf box seats for all I care...they've gone to the Rob/Sandra well three times to many now!

Didn't catch where they are but it would be great if they have gone full circle back to Borneo!

• Love 10

Bummed by the first two boots, especially Amber's.

I'm here for Rob/Parvati. It was good to see Ethan healthy and so excited about being back.

I normally don't mind Sandra but found her super annoying tonight.

Yul. I was definitely most excited to see Yul.

Of the newer winners I do like Wendell and Nick but would be happy to see the others go.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

"Sandra gets gifted an immunity idol from Natalie? Is that correct? If so, WTF, Natalie? Sandra doesn't need an immunity idol...like, at all. "

I thought it was smart on Natalie's part. She knew Sandra would give up her fire token for an immunity idol. 

I hope they don't hide immunity idols on the islands. I want to see them all go crazy looking for one. 

I don't get the Ben hate. Yeah, he seemed to be handed his win but they had to provide Rob how many stabs at this game before they handed him the win.

Also....did anybody else root for the snake when it got attacked by the crab...anyone...anyone?

• LOL 13
  • Love 5