Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E01: Greatest of the Greats

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Cornhusker12 said:

Yeah he clearly was just goofing around, and Ethan didn't come up to talk to them he was doing an interview next to them and he and Rob kept accidentally bumping into each other before Rob started ribbing him:

That being said, fashion does not seem to be Rob's strong suit so he probably could've chosen something else to razz him for hahah

This was the clip that me feel stabby about Rob, thank you for posting it. Rob was way out of line considering his own outfit, AND I know Ethan is a charitable person; he probably bought the sport coat in a thrift store. He's not all about wearing the latest style or spending the most money on a one-night affair. GTFOH Rob, I just don't love you like before, and I still think you're insecure. Sincerely. 

The rumor is that Mike H wasn’t brought back because his season was awful, he might be in the substance abuse group, and/or he made some inflammatory political comments.
I am fine with his not playing again. His season was awful and he was pretty bad up until the moment he was the black sheep of his alliance. He was right there  Dan Foley in some of the pretty ad conversations Dan had with Sierra.

• Love 5

I liked it. This is going to bbe interesting.

I don't mind the Rob/Sandra feud. Imo Sandras feuds are always entertaining. She will cut a bitch. And I don't have much love for Rob anyway.

Kicking out Amber was the logical choice. When Rob and her got split up, it should have been a death sentence for both of them. They have a shared horusehold and probably shared bank account for gods sake. There is not even a theoretical chance to get between them. With every other allience there is, since you can appeal to a single persons selfinterest, but here, helping their partner win is also in their selfinterest. Rob got damn lucky that the noobs let themselves get steamrolled so easily. If they had their head in the game, he would have been out, too.

On 2/13/2020 at 4:11 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Sandra gets gifted an immunity idol from Natalie? Is that correct? If so, WTF, Natalie? Sandra doesn't need an immunity idol...like, at all.

That being said, the first target not being Rob or Parvati was dumb. Blue tribe, what are you doing? Red tribe was even smarter when looking at connections within the game. Yes, Natalie/Jeremy were certainly a duo (apparently, not a tight enough one for Natalie to gift Jeremy an immunity idol though)...but you gotta also think LONG-TERM. 

Not gifted, sold. Natalie had to sell it somebody to get the money to buy herself luxury or (more likely) an advantage in the return challange.

Nat also could only sell it to somebody of the losing tribe. So Jeremy was out, since his tribe won.

It's probably also why she said to Amber "Damn, I really hoped my tribe would have lost." She probably got to decide where the idol would go in case of a loss of either tribe. For her tribe she chose Jeremy, for the other tribe she chose Sandra and so she had hoped that her tribe lost, so it would go to Jeremy.

Edited by Prower
  • Love 2

I loved seeing Yule, Parvati, and Tony again. I know a lot of people dislike Tony, but I find him so damn entertaning. I don't like like that Parvati won't be able to flirt  as a strategy. Watching her work that was so fun on previous seasons. 

I hate when people bring up their kids over and over again on reality tv, so hopefully, most of that dies down after this episode.

I've never seen Natalie's season, but I liked what I've seen from her so far. I've never seen Ben's season either, but from what we've seen here, I  guess he's an idiot. Yikes. 

I don't dislike Tony. I like him in small doses. The smaller the better. He is just too much for me. I think he is actually authentically Tony. I don't think he is a character for the show but he is just too much for me. And I don't think he is a strong winner. He was able to forge some good relationships with bad players who were not really interested in winning. There is no way Woo should have taken Tony to the finals. It was a Colby move and I thought that move was equally stupid.

I think Tony is fine but I hope he is voted out sooner rather then later because he is just too much.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

This was the clip that me feel stabby about Rob, thank you for posting it. Rob was way out of line considering his own outfit, AND I know Ethan is a charitable person; he probably bought the sport coat in a thrift store. He's not all about wearing the latest style or spending the most money on a one-night affair. GTFOH Rob, I just don't love you like before, and I still think you're insecure. Sincerely. 

It's unfortunate that this clip makes you think less of Rob.  To me anyway, it seems very apparent that the entire interaction between Rob and Ethan was just two guys joking around.  Rob teases Ethan about his jacket and then Ethan teases Rob by pretending to block him from the camera while doing his interview.  I didn't see anything negative at all in that clip.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

It's unfortunate that this clip makes you think less of Rob.  To me anyway, it seems very apparent that the entire interaction between Rob and Ethan was just two guys joking around.  Rob teases Ethan about his jacket and then Ethan teases Rob by pretending to block him from the camera while doing his interview.  I didn't see anything negative at all in that clip.

Neither did I. 

• Love 5
On 2/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, ProfCrash said:

I believe Jud is Fabio who was awful at the game, won, and speculation is he burnt through his winnings smoking pot. There were several winners not included due to substance abuse issues. Todd, Jenna, Jud, and JT are he four I seen named.

I put a laugh emoji on your post not because I find substance abuse funny.  But I do find the thought of Fabio spending $600,000 on pot to be hilarious and the most Fabio thing he could do. 

I also heard that he was arrested for either being high or drunk on a skateboard, which what the fuck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I put a laugh emoji on your post not because I find substance abuse funny.  But I do find the thought of Fabio spending $600,000 on pot to be hilarious and the most Fabio thing he could do. 

I also heard that he was arrested for either being high or drunk on a skateboard, which what the fuck.

I think everyone expected him to use his winnings on pot because he seemed high most of his season.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2020 at 9:30 PM, Fukui San said:

Hey, so I haven't watched in a bit and am catching up to the first episode now. I have a question about recent seasons. In the seasons in which new players played alongside returning players in one way or another, have new players ever won those seasons? What are the stats on that?

Denise won season 25. She was a newbie and there were 3 returners.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Denise won season 25. She was a newbie and there were 3 returners.

Yep, and Sophie won her season where Ozzy and Coach were returnees.  And Danni, I guess, winning Guatemala where Stephenie and Bobby Jon returned.  Can't remember who else off the top of my head...

1 minute ago, Matteo said:

Yep, and Sophie won her season where Ozzy and Coach were returnees.  And Danni, I guess, winning Guatemala where Stephenie and Bobby Jon returned.  Can't remember who else off the top of my head...

LOL Stephanie and Bobby Jon were not exactly stellar players more like well loved losers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

LOL Stephanie and Bobby Jon were not exactly stellar players more like well loved losers.

And I guess Chris Underwood kind of won against returnees, Kelley, Joe, David, and Aubry..... but that depends how you view his win in the first place, LOL.

Edited by Matteo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Overall, I liked this debut. The challenges weren't simplified and the focus on interpersonal (if a bit Rob heavy) touched on pretty much everyone. Including some people I'll have to take your word are previous winners, even though I've seen most seasons...

• Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, Rachel RSL said:

Co-sign! (I also feel the same way about people who don't love monkeys.)

I haven't loved monkeys since I spent time in India and had to constantly fend off aggressive, diseased, bitey ones.  (Admittedly, I don't blame the monkeys since they were encouraged by idiot tourists who fed them.)

• Love 2

On 2/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, simplyme said:

Nope. The only thing she actually did was toss the fish Rupert caught after he was voted out. Rupert stole shoes from the other tribe, but they were the impractical ones people were wearing at the very start (and some were mismatched, having had their mate lost at sea), not the gym shoes they'd been given. (It was also a pirate theme, and his tribe bartered them for goods before heading out. Smartest thing he did in his many appearances.)

She talked about her plans to, but when things changed so she had hope, she didn't.

She also threw Russell's hat in the fire 😄  That was when I first started liking her actually.

I haven't loved monkeys since one lived next door to me in central America and he would just lay on top of the wall all day and masturbate 😖

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like you two so I’m just gonna pretend I didn’t read those monkey posts.

2 hours ago, princelina said:

She also threw Russell's hat in the fire 😄  That was when I first started liking her actually.

I forgot about that lol! It almost (ALMOST!) makes me wish he was on this season just so Sandra and Parvati could torment him again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

I haven't loved monkeys since one lived next door to me in central America and he would just lay on top of the wall all day and masturbate 😖

Shirin: [head pops up without realizing why]

• LOL 2