Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Talk

• Start Topic

What drew me into this series was /is the ShahParents.  Since I grew up around my dad, I could never hear the accent people -- even years later -- claimed to detect.  But his brother and sisters: hoo boy.  

So those accents make me...well, homesick I guess; or maybe nostalgic?  There's a Portuguese word, too: saudades.  Anyway.  Tonight when I heard Vada croon the nonsense baby-Farsi to her grandson, I just melted.  It was my dad again, to my brother when he was a baby; to my nephew when *he was a baby.  Adorable.

And I guess I'm at a table for one with the Nema-love.   He's the only one I find attractive!  I secretly 'ship him w/Destiney.

• Love 6

GG’s mom is adorable.  She reminds me of my own mom ‘watch funny movies! Mel Brooks is a comedy genius!’ 😂🤣

Yikes, moving to Fridays - the kiss of death.

Baby Shams is adorable.  But while I like Tommy, I cringe that he screeches like that in front of his sleeping infant.

Interesting that Reza - high-end label whore that he is - sells his products at Sally’s Beauty.  I bet he burns with envy over the fact that season 2 Lilly sells her lashes at Sephora and Ulta.

What happened to Mike’s larger dog, the light brown one?  Such a cutie - is he gone?? 🙁

• Love 3
(edited)

Gg’s mom telling her that she needed to watch Mel Brooks movies while she was cuddling with her dad is probably one of the most I have ever liked someone on this show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11

I love that they paraphrase shit that people text ... him screeching in front of a sleeping baby how dare he .... dude he didn't just say thoughts and prayers you fucking douche .... I cant stand anyone on this show .. i dunno why i hate watch it lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Mike retelling the disagreement he had with Nema to his gf was mind blowing  lol totally left out that he first made that “off” comment and Nema finished it.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, lasandi said:

Mike retelling the disagreement he had with Nema to his gf was mind blowing  lol totally left out that he first made that “off” comment and Nema finished it.

I was totally sitting there going did he just leave out the shit talk he was saying to get that response?

• Love 5
(edited)

It was nice to see MJ at home with little Shams, being all domestic and motherly as she's wished for the past several years. It seems Tommy is her hype man, getting her all riled up by the major slight at the hands of her alleged bestie Reza who couldn't be bothered to show up at the hospital amidst his own drama and instead opted for a text message. 

Destiney's encounter with Sara's brother read showmance to me. Did she really just mime licking her fingers and tweaking her nipples? I can't with this one--everything about her personality is so manufactured and artificial in attempt for more screen time. I didn't watch The People's Couch but I suspect she was a different person entirely on that show.

Adam being called "the hillbilly whore of WeHo" made me chuckle. Given everything we've seen and heard about him, I definitely think there's some truth there.

GG's mom Fati is always a pleasure to watch. She genuinely cares for that crazy kid of hers. I kind of miss Asa's nutty mom too, if I'm being honest.

Nema's blind date was a great lesson on everything you should never do on a first date. Woo, chile. I don't think he will ever be hearing from poor Amy again.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 10
On 2/29/2020 at 1:50 PM, chenoa333 said:

My apologies for not knowing this (I don't always have time to watch every episode) but what is "Reza Be Obsessed"? More hair care products? How about "Reza Be Obese"? 

I have no idea either but assumed it's a book containing photographs of Reza (just him, no one else).

13 hours ago, Naughty said:

I’m really surprised at Adam and Reza’s house and neighborhood. While nice, it just doesn’t scream mega bucks! I know real estate is much higher in California, but by the way they spend money, travel and wear gold, etc., I thought that they were much wealthier than this house/ neighborhood indicated.

I believe the term is "flossing".

13 hours ago, Naughty said:

I’m really surprised at Adam and Reza’s house and neighborhood. While nice, it just doesn’t scream mega bucks! I know real estate is much higher in California, but by the way they spend money, travel and wear gold, etc., I thought that they were much wealthier than this house/ neighborhood indicated.

Where is their house located?  Not an actual address or anything!  Does anyone know what neighborhood they are in?

On 2/29/2020 at 1:50 PM, chenoa333 said:

My apologies for not knowing this (I don't always have time to watch every episode) but what is "Reza Be Obsessed"? More hair care products? How about "Reza Be Obese"? 

On 2/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, OnceSane said:

I think it's hiis hair care line.  Hope it flops like a Mike product.

KFB's theory on the hair care products.

There are many people out there that provide "Vanity" products to people they think have some coins.

This is not new. Some examples are eyelash lines, waist trainers, makeup, clothes, some kind of vitamin water or specialty water, liquor. The list goes on.

In most cases - these are companies that will use an already existing product, with it's existing manufacturers and factories and just create "labels/logos" for the client.

Take for instance, Gretchen Rossi who had a makeup line at one point. She didn't work with a lab on ingredients to be used, work on colors, get them safety tested, build a factory, She used an existing manufacturer/distributer of makeup. Probably worked with a rep to pick out existing colors to put various shades onto a palette, worked with said rep to be shown what pre-existing box could be used, worked with another person within the same company to create a logo so that the logo could be slapped onto the package. No way in hell did she start from scratch - because then you literally would have to build a factory and set up a line to make your specific shaped/sized product going through a calibrated automated machine.

I think Reza's Hair line on the show is BS. He did not invest 500K with the Funches. I could see him giving them $10K, I think the 500K check was just for filming. Reza is extremely sneaky. I could see him making Adam believe he invested 500K - but I think that money is somewhere else that only Reza knows.

I also believe Reza is slick enough that while he and Adam had a marriage license and ceremony - they might not actually be married if Reza made sure the paperwork never made it to the county clerks office.

On this episode, Reza kept getting caught saying - my money, my house, my, my, my.

When he said they were going to Vegas for Sally Beauty - I thought it was to go to a beauty convention - not to show up at one of their stores in Vegas. This was idiotic. There are tons of these stores - they couldn't pick one in Los Angeles?

The line should be renamed RezaDoesn'tHaveAPotToPissIn

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Rahul said:

I didn't watch The People's Couch but I suspect she was a different person entirely on that show.

She really wasn't.  She shared the couch with her (older?) sister, and her sister seemed like a normal person.  Destiney was a total attention/drama whore then, too.  I liked almost all the couchies, but Destiney was not one of those.

I think you could save a lot of money getting your hair to look like Reza's if you went over to your local AutoZone and brought home a bottle 40-weight motor oil to dump on your head.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Where is their house located?  Not an actual address or anything!  Does anyone know what neighborhood they are in?

Street Address

50 Pounds A Bitch Just Lost Avenue

Delusional City, CA

giphy.gif

• LOL 15
5 hours ago, lasandi said:

I am team neither in the Nema/Mike fight.

While I am more on Neam's side, what Mike said to him wasn't all that untrue. Mike is saying those things about Nema's ex - because it's how Nema has spoken of her. Nema tries to present it as she's still pining for him and I don't think that's the case.

I realized watching the show last night what it is that bothers me about Nema. He has extremely thin upper and lower lips. When he is just sitting not even talking - there is just a hint of pink. When he talks or chews and especially when he smiles - both lips disappear - or are stretched so thin that there is only a sliver of white skin - not pink lips as it should be. It's quite horrifying.

Mike's revisionist story telling to Pauline - I got further creeped out by Pauline. I can now see her driving cross country - wearing a diaper so she doesn't have to make pit stops on her mission to kill Mike's cheating ass. After this story, I wouldn't be surprised if she hires someone to beat up Nema

• Love 6

MJ, Tommy and Vida with Baby Shams were adorable!  Okay, not the Tommy rant...but everything else was everything I hoped would happen for MJ.  I wish her father was still here to enjoy his namesake, but I'm glad to see Vida supporting MJ.

And that "rest of the season" preview...just proves to me everyone was treading water until the real star of the show (no, not you, Reza) was available for filming.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

He has extremely thin upper and lower lips.

I've said this before on some other thread (can't recall) but that is what is referred to as "white folks lips". Our lips get thinner as we get older. (Not every  white/Caucasian but many.)

Nema however, isn't even close to "older", or Caucasian so good luck to him if his lips are disappearing at his somewhat young age. 

That is just MO. I have no scientific research references to prove what I said is a fact. So please don't misunderstand my comments.

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's quite horrifying.

Yes. And so are thinning eyebrows. Without browliner, one looks like an alien. Nema isn't smoking hot,  but he's not unattractive either. As long as he stays away from more veneer dental work.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Nema however, isn't even close to "older", or Caucasian so good luck to him if his lips are disappearing at his somewhat young age

He needs some lip filler. Problem solved. Men have it done, too, and usually don't go overboard with it like so many celebrity women do. 

Contrary to many peoples opinions I think Nema's veneers look fine. I don't see them as "chicklety" or too white at all. Of course on WWHL Reza had to comment on how awful they are and his are soooooo much better. Look in the mirror, Rez. You fugly.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He needs some lip filler. Problem solved. Men have it done, too, and usually don't go overboard with it like so many celebrity women do. 

Contrary to many peoples opinions I think Nema's veneers look fine. I don't see them as "chicklety" or too white at all. Of course on WWHL Reza had to comment on how awful they are and his are soooooo much better. Look in the mirror, Rez. You fugly.  

I agree. If he could fix his upper/lower lip with filler it would look fine.

Once he fixes it, I won't be thinking Alice In Wonderland Cheshire Cat every time I see his face

giphy.gif

• LOL 2

I don’t get the whole premise behind Mike’s argument that Nema is leading his ex on.  She broke up with him.  Granted Mike didn’t see last week’s episode at the time of this argument, but we clearly saw she is not into him.  It’s the other way around.  If Nema wants to “give her*” (?!) his apartment how is that leading her on?  He wants her back, she’s not into it but she’s taking what she can get.

*Did they live together?  If so, it was nice of him to leave and not make her move out, assuming she really did break up with him because he was flirting with GG.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Nema's veneers are slightly too big for his mouth/face.  But Nema can fix his veneers, Reza's ugly is bone-deep.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Why is anyone encouraging GG to have a baby?  GG is legitimately an antisocial head case.  She’s so far gone from “normal” she can’t even pretend like the rest of them do.  What will she do when she can’t get the baby to stop crying?

• Love 8

This seems like it's a UO, but with a mom like MJ, a dad like Tommy and a grandma like Vida, if Baby Shams ends up being a normal addition to society it'll be a miracle.  

I don't like Reza either, but everything about MJ rubs me the wrong way. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 3/2/2020 at 4:11 AM, Kiki777 said:

Interesting that Reza - high-end label whore that he is - sells his products at Sally’s Beauty.  

I'm going to guess that Reza the "high end label whore" would sell his products at a Tijuana swap meet if necessary. And then go pay for hookers at the "broke ass bargain basement discount price".

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

This seems like it's a UO, but with a mom like MJ, a dad like Tommy and a grandma like Vida, if Baby Shams ends up being a normal addition to society it'll be a miracle.  

I don't like Reza either, but everything about MJ rubs me the wrong way. 🤔

MJ is a horrible horrible person inside and out that’s why her and Rez were perfect friends. 

• Love 2

I was taking aback by how young and slim MJ looked in the Vegas flashback of 2012. She appeared quite vivacious and pretty in the shot of her running down a hotel corridor, with her perfectly coiffed hair (or more likely wig) bouncing around. Time hasn't been very kind to her.

6 hours ago, ninjago said:

What will she do when she can’t get the baby to stop crying?

The baby will be raised by GG's parents. So at least the kid will have a chance in life. As long as Grandma and Grandpa don't make the same mistakes they made raising GG.  Her sister seems to have turned out ok so maybe there's hope for this grandchild.

• Love 3
(edited)

I feel like I need a long, hot shower with antibacterial soap after watching these people. & they're people who are "wealthy."

I don't know why anyone would agree to give GG a baby. I guess money talks and bullsh** walks. Her parents were adorable though.  

Tommy screaming and carrying on in front of a newborn was ridiculous. Nothing is important enough to disturb the slumber of a sweet angel like that. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2

Episode 5:

"Great Persian Bakeoff"

Destiney tries to navigate an awkward situation in Vegas after a wild night with the group. Nema attempts to reconnect with his Persian roots. Meanwhile, Paulina finds herself caught in the middle of Mike and Nema’s spat. GG arranges a cooking class for the crew to bond, but questions how much longer she can keep her journey to motherhood a secret.

Airs March 6, 2020.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

I've said this before on some other thread (can't recall) but that is what is referred to as "white folks lips". Our lips get thinner as we get older. (Not every  white/Caucasian but many.)

Nema however, isn't even close to "older", or Caucasian so good luck to him if his lips are disappearing at his somewhat young age. 

That is just MO. I have no scientific research references to prove what I said is a fact. So please don't misunderstand my comments.

Yes. And so are thinning eyebrows. Without browliner, one looks like an alien. Nema isn't smoking hot,  but he's not unattractive either. As long as he stays away from more veneer dental work.

I am white and I don't know about that theory...

Nema is extremely unattractive, like horribly ugly.  However, his veneers don't bug me.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, TexasGal said:

I don’t get the whole premise behind Mike’s argument that Nema is leading his ex on.  She broke up with him.  Granted Mike didn’t see last week’s episode at the time of this argument, but we clearly saw she is not into him.  It’s the other way around.  If Nema wants to “give her*” (?!) his apartment how is that leading her on?  He wants her back, she’s not into it but she’s taking what she can get.

*Did they live together?  If so, it was nice of him to leave and not make her move out, assuming she really did break up with him because he was flirting with GG.

I think it comes from how Nema has presented Ericka's feelings about him to the cast mates. I think he's telling them that she wants him back but he wants to play the field. Didn't he on his first season when it looked like he was into GG show himself to be single or in a not so serious relationship or in a relationship that was ending?

I think Nema is trying to say Ericka still pines for him and out of guilt he let her keep his old apartment. For all we know the lease was in her name or they were co-signees on the lease. I didn't notice him telling anyone else that Ericka was moving to Barcelona - didn't he tell Mike she was still working for him?

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

So, it's not about them getting high together?  

The title is a play on "The Great British Bakeoff"

A more appropriate title by the viscous way they act towards one another is The Great Lord Of The Flies Bakeoff

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

With the move to Sunday, preparing for the announcement of the show being canceled. Thinking it may be time to pull the plug. 

I'm surprised it's still on, TBH.

13 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

With the move to Sunday, preparing for the announcement of the show being canceled. Thinking it may be time to pull the plug. 

I think Bravo is hoping people will be confused enough by the time change that they actually watch Family Karma (the show taking Shahs timeslot).

6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Family Karma (the show taking Shahs timeslot).

I'm not intrigued just from watching the Bravo promos of this new series. 

Already I can't stand the bitch that thinks she's "all that and more". She's not even close to being pretty in the realm of Middle Eastern women. 

I will probably give it a couple chances. But there are new Bravo shows that kind of disappeared after one season...like the TexiMexis (?) housewives. IIRC there was a Real Housewives of San Francisco that flopped (or never aired). RHOMiami was short lived. 

What will some of these SHAHS cast members do without the Bravo paycheck? 

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

What will some of these SHAHS cast members do without the Bravo paycheck? 

I’ve always been under the assumption they live off their parents wealth anyways.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

But there are new Bravo shows that kind of disappeared after one season...like the TexiMexis (?) housewives.

Texicanas.  I watched every episode.  But I'd rather they bring back Mexican Dynasties.  That show was awesome.

56 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I’ve always been under the assumption they live off their parents wealth anyways.

GG & Mike, definitely.  IDK about Destiney (did the People's Couch pay well--or at all?) or Nema (wouldn't be surprised).  But I think MJ and Reza paid their own way. 

TBF, I have no idea how much any of them might make in appearances fees which could allow them to pay for their own shit more often.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

She's not even close to being pretty in the realm of Middle Eastern women. 

She’s not middle eastern so I don’t see the reason for the comparison. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She’s not middle eastern so I don’t see the reason for the comparison. 

The reason for the comparison is that I MISTAKENLY, IGNORANTLY thought she was  middle eastern. 

However, she's still not pretty enough to think she's "all that" or however she described herself in the previews.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

But I'd rather they bring back Mexican Dynasties

I didn't get a chance to watch that one. Is it coming back on again or was it cancelled? I think I might like it.

19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm not intrigued just from watching the Bravo promos of this new series. 

I will probably give it a couple chances. But there are new Bravo shows that kind of disappeared after one season...like the TexiMexis (?) housewives. IIRC there was a Real Housewives of San Francisco that flopped (or never aired). RHOMiami was short lived. 

It is rare that I am not intrigued by a Bravo promo, but I also am not intrigued.  

Wait, what RH of San Francisco???  Is there info out there about this?  I watch all things housewife and I never heard about this.

1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

It is rare that I am not intrigued by a Bravo promo, but I also am not intrigued.  

Wait, what RH of San Francisco???  Is there info out there about this?  I watch all things housewife and I never heard about this.

Speaking of RH franchises, Andy talked about RH Salt Lake City a few times - is that ever going to air?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I'll agree, the trailer for Family Karma isn't cut well or the most riveting, but I've seen a few clips at BravoTV and its piqued my interest enough to watch.

One of my favorite aspects of the Shahs of Sunset is having a peak into their unique Persian culture, and I am certain this new series will do the same. I hope they represent Indians well, but knowing full well this is Bravo, I am prepared to (hate) watch if need be and snark.

I'm disappointed I didn't catch Mexican Dynasties when it was airing. That show sounds like it might have been my cup of tea.

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

IIRC, it was rumored that Bravo was possibly going to have a RHOSF. It never happened. 

I'm still going to watch the Shahs. It's better than Blind Date! Lol.

• Love 1